The New Spider-Man Has Been Cast (allegedly)

Mr. Hole the Magnificent

Feb 21, 2010, 3:27:12 PM2/21/10
Inside sources say that Percy Jackson star, Logan Lerman has been cast
in the Sony reboot of the Spider-Man film series. Director Marc Webb
(500 Days of Summer) is set to helm the first film in what I’m
guessing will be another trilogy although that has not been confirmed
at this time.

The story takes the characters back to high school in the New York
City borough of Queens. No word yet on who has been cast as Peter
Parker’s love interest Mary Jane Watson formerly played by Kirsten
Dunst or his best friend Harry Osborn previously played by Mr. James
Franco.

Webb is in talks with Avatar director James Cameron to use his cameras
and technique to film the entire movie in 3-D.

The official announcement will no doubt come shortly along with more
details to follow.

http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/25540/news/exclusive-news-the-new-spider-man-has-been-cast/

David

Feb 21, 2010, 3:30:42 PM2/21/10
Did they even look at my audition tape?

WQ 3.0

Feb 21, 2010, 3:39:50 PM2/21/10
On Feb 21, 3:27 pm, "Mr. Hole the Magnificent"
> http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/25540/news/exclusive-news-the-new...

He looks too much of a kid and nobody's going to relate to a teen
Spider-man. He'd have to be called Spider-teen. This is the wrong
direction to go for it.

Mr. Hole the Magnificent

Feb 21, 2010, 3:42:52 PM2/21/10
On Feb 21, 12:30 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Did they even look at my audition tape?

Sorry, they couldn't find enough spandex.

WQ 3.0

Feb 21, 2010, 3:42:59 PM2/21/10
On Feb 21, 3:30 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Did they even look at my audition tape?

You've been sending out how many audition tapes all these years and
you're still just here posting ratings? Shouldn't that, like, give
you a clue? As in stop wasting your money on FedEx shipments
already. You've reached your true station in life - R.A.T. Ratings
Poster. It's as far as you can go in life. Accept it and you'll be
happier.

Mr. Hole the Magnificent

Feb 21, 2010, 3:43:39 PM2/21/10

For large portions of Spider-man's run(s) he's been a teenager.

David

Feb 21, 2010, 3:49:45 PM2/21/10

WQ 3.0

Feb 21, 2010, 3:53:06 PM2/21/10
On Feb 21, 3:43 pm, "Mr. Hole the Magnificent"

Yeah, I know. What I meant is that at least Tobey McGuire had a look
about him that crossed over between teen and young adult. Even
Kirsten Dunst hardly looks like a 16-year-old. But this new kid
they're thinking of going after, well, he looks like 12. For Spider-
man to work on screen, he's got to have that same crossover look as
McGuire, otherwise no one's going to buy it.

record hunter

Feb 21, 2010, 4:04:12 PM2/21/10

He looks older than he did in Jack & Bobby. And his voice has changed.
I think he'll be a perfect teenager.

WQ 3.0

Feb 21, 2010, 4:36:28 PM2/21/10

Perfect teenager - that's an oxymoron.

rwgibson13

Feb 21, 2010, 4:44:00 PM2/21/10

Hell, she looked older than she does here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP8Xwuf74R0

RWG (any old excuse, I know :-)

Remysun

Feb 21, 2010, 4:51:47 PM2/21/10
On Feb 21, 3:39 pm, "WQ 3.0" <w...@post.com> wrote:

> He looks too much of a kid and nobody's going to relate to a teen
> Spider-man.  He'd have to be called Spider-teen.  This is the wrong
> direction to go for it.

They're calling it Spider-Twilight.

RichA

Feb 21, 2010, 6:31:19 PM2/21/10
On Feb 21, 3:39 pm, "WQ 3.0" <w...@post.com> wrote:

He looks like they're trying to capture the teen girl audience, which
is likely.

trotsky

Feb 21, 2010, 6:52:16 PM2/21/10
On 2/21/10 5:31 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Feb 21, 3:39 pm, "WQ 3.0"<w...@post.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 21, 3:27 pm, "Mr. Hole the Magnificent"
>>

>> <classic.mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Inside sources say that Percy Jackson star, Logan Lerman has been cast
>>> in the Sony reboot of the Spider-Man film series. Director Marc Webb
>>> (500 Days of Summer) is set to helm the first film in what I�m

>>> guessing will be another trilogy although that has not been confirmed
>>> at this time.
>>
>>> The story takes the characters back to high school in the New York
>>> City borough of Queens. No word yet on who has been cast as Peter
>>> Parker�s love interest Mary Jane Watson formerly played by Kirsten

>>> Dunst or his best friend Harry Osborn previously played by Mr. James
>>> Franco.
>>
>>> Webb is in talks with Avatar director James Cameron to use his cameras
>>> and technique to film the entire movie in 3-D.
>>
>>> The official announcement will no doubt come shortly along with more
>>> details to follow.
>>
>>> http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/25540/news/exclusive-news-the-new...
>>
>> He looks too much of a kid and nobody's going to relate to a teen
>> Spider-man. He'd have to be called Spider-teen. This is the wrong
>> direction to go for it.
>
> He looks like they're trying to capture the teen girl audience, which
> is likely.

How do you know so much about teen girls, Rich?

Why not just admit that you have a hard-on for the guy and leave it at that.

Ian J. Ball

Feb 21, 2010, 7:04:08 PM2/21/10
On Feb 21, 12:30 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Did they even look at my audition tape?

I told them to forward it to "The Vampire Diaries'" producers.

Ian J. Ball

Feb 21, 2010, 7:05:46 PM2/21/10
On Feb 21, 12:27 pm, "Mr. Hole the Magnificent"

<classic.mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Inside sources say that Percy Jackson star, Logan Lerman has been cast
> in the Sony reboot of the Spider-Man film series.

Good Heavens! They choose *Bobby* of "Jack & Bobby"??!!
Oy vey...

David

Feb 21, 2010, 7:23:42 PM2/21/10

Is there a role for someone to go around staking your favorite
characters?

Kujo

Feb 21, 2010, 8:18:41 PM2/21/10
"Mr. Hole the Magnificent" <classic...@gmail.com> wrote in

Well, I guess this is better than Zac Efron if it's true. I cringed when
I heard those rumors of him being cast in the role.

That being said, I still pretty much careless about this film. My
expectations are very low. Perhaps I'll be surprised.

Wickeddoll

Feb 21, 2010, 11:17:37 PM2/21/10
On 2/21/2010 12:30 PM, David wrote:
> Did they even look at my audition tape?

LOL

Natalie
--
"Wicked little doll, you are not human;
wicked little doll, you have no soul"

Anim8rFSK

Feb 22, 2010, 12:33:26 AM2/22/10
In article
<69f3453b-d359-41f5...@d2g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 21, 3:39嚙緘m, "WQ 3.0" <w...@post.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 21, 3:27嚙緘m, "Mr. Hole the Magnificent"

> > <classic.mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Inside sources say that Percy Jackson star, Logan Lerman has been cast
> > > in the Sony reboot of the Spider-Man film series. Director Marc Webb

> > > (500 Days of Summer) is set to helm the first film in what I嚙練

> > > guessing will be another trilogy although that has not been confirmed
> > > at this time.
> >
> > > The story takes the characters back to high school in the New York
> > > City borough of Queens. No word yet on who has been cast as Peter

> > > Parker嚙編 love interest Mary Jane Watson formerly played by Kirsten

> > > Dunst or his best friend Harry Osborn previously played by Mr. James
> > > Franco.
> >
> > > Webb is in talks with Avatar director James Cameron to use his cameras
> > > and technique to film the entire movie in 3-D.
> >
> > > The official announcement will no doubt come shortly along with more
> > > details to follow.
> >
> > >http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/25540/news/exclusive-news-the-new...
> >
> > He looks too much of a kid and nobody's going to relate to a teen

> > Spider-man. 嚙瘡e'd have to be called Spider-teen. 嚙確his is the wrong

> > direction to go for it.
>
> He looks like they're trying to capture the teen girl audience, which
> is likely.

I thought Ian was trying to capture the teen girl audience? Or was that
just teen girls?

--
As Adam West as Bruce Wayne as Batman said in "Smack in the Middle"
the second half of the 1966 BATMAN series pilot when Jill St. John

Anim8rFSK

Feb 22, 2010, 12:35:05 AM2/22/10
In article <Xns9D26CEA3231...@69.16.185.250>,
Kujo <ku...@noname.com> wrote:

Better than Jonny Quest, which he was also rumored for. At least with
Efron as Parker we'd have Vanessa Hudgens as 'miscast naked girl'

> That being said, I still pretty much careless about this film. My
> expectations are very low. Perhaps I'll be surprised.

TBerk

Feb 22, 2010, 1:29:17 AM2/22/10

You discount the history of Spiderman. He'll stand on his own given
hewing to the canon. (I know, awful fanboi-ish of me to say so).

Struggling with High School, Jocks, (seemingly) unrequited love, being
raised by extended family, geeky isolation, square peg- round hole,
and on and on. Very human, very relative.

Uncle Ben says "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility..." to a
young Peter grappling with young adulthood and super powers.

All civilizations had their myths and Heroes, struggles as instruction
and moral compass. Done well they both teach and entertain.

It might sound like a lot to ask of a Hollywood production, but they
_do_ get paid for this sort of thing, don't they?

berk

Mbruno

Feb 22, 2010, 8:58:54 AM2/22/10
On 21 fev, 17:39, "WQ 3.0" <w...@post.com> wrote:
> On Feb 21, 3:27 pm, "Mr. Hole the Magnificent"
>

> <classic.mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:..

> He looks too much of a kid and nobody's going to relate to a teen
> Spider-man.  He'd have to be called Spider-teen.  This is the wrong
> direction to go for it.

He is actually 18 (as of January 2010). Pretty much the right age for
a High School Peter Parker.

record hunter

Feb 22, 2010, 10:03:40 AM2/22/10

At best, he's basically perfect for the part. At worst, he's a much
better choice than Tobey McDouchepants.

Red Cloud

Feb 22, 2010, 12:21:00 PM2/22/10
On Feb 21, 12:27 pm, "Mr. Hole the Magnificent"
> http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/25540/news/exclusive-news-the-new...

I thought they gonna cast black man as new main guy. Don't you think
it time
to put black man playing spider-man. Robin should play by Mexican/
Latino guy.
Same reason why they put Obama in White House.

David

Feb 22, 2010, 12:51:35 PM2/22/10

I thought he had the perfect off-kilter hangdog face to play Peter.
And somehow I've never seen Maguire in anything else so he is
Spiderman to me. I'll have a hard time accepting someone new.

rick++

Feb 22, 2010, 12:57:11 PM2/22/10
Just wear the suit all the time!

Actually the mask seems to get taken off a lot.
Probably it helps the movie if you can see the
emotions of the main character.

record hunter

Feb 22, 2010, 6:57:17 PM2/22/10

He does "slackjawed" in every performance.

David

Feb 22, 2010, 7:49:31 PM2/22/10

Either way he has the right "Peter Parker" face. They shouldn't cast
someon e normal-looking. He needs to be a bit "off."

record hunter

Feb 22, 2010, 11:57:00 PM2/22/10
On Feb 22, 7:49 pm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:57:17 -0800 (PST), record hunter

I never read the comics. You may be right.

Ubiquitous

Feb 21, 2010, 5:26:21 PM2/21/10
classic...@gmail.com wrote:

>Inside sources say that Percy Jackson star, Logan Lerman has been cast
>in the Sony reboot of the Spider-Man film series. Director Marc Webb
>(500 Days of Summer) is set to helm the first film in what I�m
>guessing will be another trilogy although that has not been confirmed
>at this time.
>
>The story takes the characters back to high school in the New York
>City borough of Queens. No word yet on who has been cast as Peter
>Parker�s love interest Mary Jane Watson formerly played by Kirsten
>Dunst or his best friend Harry Osborn previously played by Mr. James
>Franco.

I have a bad feeling abouyt them doing this in an attempt to milk the tween
Twilight bandwagon, but what does this have to do with TV, dude?

--
The trouble with American journalism, in short, isn't that it's too skeptical,
but that it's too willing to throw skepticism to the wind when it suits the

Nancy2

Feb 23, 2010, 11:10:20 AM2/23/10

> > I thought he had the perfect off-kilter hangdog face to play Peter.
> > And somehow I've never seen Maguire in anything else so he is
> > Spiderman to me. I'll have a hard time accepting someone new.
>
> He does "slackjawed" in every performance.- Hide quoted text -

You talkin' about Maquire? I love to watch him - not slack-jawed,
ever, in my opinion.

He was great in Seabiscuit.

N.

Mark Nobles

Feb 24, 2010, 12:59:19 AM2/24/10
David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:42:52 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Hole the Magnificent"
> <classic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >On Feb 21, 12:30ÔøΩpm, David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Did they even look at my audition tape?
> >

> >Sorry, they couldn't find enough spandex.
>
> Judge for yourself!
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWS8lWILAFg

Oh, that is WRONG. It needs Mary Jane with a whip to make it work.

Also, his eyes are not covered.

Mark Nobles

Feb 24, 2010, 1:10:29 AM2/24/10
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

> Vanessa Hudgens as 'miscast naked girl'

"Miscast" how? I thought she was pretty good playing that role on the
Intertubes.

Warning, this is the actual NSFW photo I'm referring to, no kidding:
<http://www.imagebam.com/image/16e19e125237>

David

Feb 24, 2010, 1:19:47 AM2/24/10
On Feb 24, 12:59 am, Mark Nobles <cmn-nos...@comcast.net> wrote:

> David <dimla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:42:52 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Hole the Magnificent"
> > <classic.mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >Sorry, they couldn't find enough spandex.
>
> > Judge for yourself!
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWS8lWILAFg
>
> Oh, that is WRONG. It needs Mary Jane with a whip to make it work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s04TJPCW4JM

Mark Nobles

Feb 24, 2010, 4:04:37 AM2/24/10
David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Works for me (even though there are no tentacles).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzii-16NtCk