Looney Tunes Hall of Fame movie

Paul C. Ewbank

Nov 4, 1991, 2:28:04 PM11/4/91

Maybe I have the incorrect title, but you get the gist. This is a
compilation of a dozen Warner Bros. cartoons spliced end-to-end to give
a movie length feature. If you've already read something about a film
of this sort, stop here. Sorry if this is actually a new release of an
old compilation (it was new to me).
For your the price of a ticket, you can see these cartoons as they
were meant to be seen - on the wide screen. The presentation is
window-boxed (i.e. the shorts were matted) so that no picture was lost
off the edge of the screen. I, for one, was happy that none of the film
was playing on the curtains above or below the screen. The quality of
the print was better than what I watched on one of the major networks as
a youth and, Best Of All, none of the violence was excised. I
particularly loved the shaving scene in "A Bear For Punishment", one I
had never seen before. Finally, the selection of cartoons was not as
good as I might have hoped (though still enjoyable). The classics
"What's Opera Doc", "Deduce, You Say", and "The Super Snooper" would
have been better choices than a few of those chosen, but I'll take what
I can get. Hopefully, this compilation is just the first step in
getting all of Warner's classic cartoons to (laser) home video.
Here is a list of the shorts, year of release, and major characters
for those who are interested (in order of appearance):

1) Curtain Razor (1949) Porky Pig
2) Hare Do (1949) Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd
3) Bully For Bogs (1953) Bugs Bunny
4) Leghorn Swoggled (1951) Foghorn Leghorn, Br'er Dog, Henry Hawk
5) Duck Amuck (1953) Daffy Duck
6) Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2th Century (1953) Daffy, Porky, Marvin Martian
7) A Bear For Punishment (1951) the three bears
8) Feed the Kitty (1952) Pussyfoot (the kitten), Marc Antony (the bulldog)
9) Satan's Waitin' (1954) Sylvester, Tweety
10) Gee Whizzzzzz (1956) the Roadrunner, Wile E. Cayote
11) Rabbit Seasoning (1952) Bugs, Daffy, Elmer
12) One Froggy Evening (1955)

-Ewb.

PS. Like most TV abusing youths, I saw all of these cartoons in my younger
days. Despite knowing them all, I was happy to spend the money to
see the
unadulterated versions.

Disclaimer: your opinions, like my school's, may differ from mine. It's
just one of the perks brought to you by Our Glorious Republic (tm).