"Civil War" - One of Marvel's Best!

Alan Smithee

Apr 20, 2016, 2:04:10 PM4/20/16
http://www.inquisitr.com/2981940/captain-america-civil-war-unstoppable-in-early-reviews-critics-agree-movie-is-one-of-marvels-best/

Captain America: Civil War is gaining momentum and reviews from the
preview screening prove the movie works.

Critics can't yet post full reviews, but the little bit they are allowed
to say is already confirming that Marvel knows what they are doing with
the two new character entries to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Black
Panther and Spider-Man.

Early reviews also indicate that the movie works overall, despite the
huge cast of superheroes and incredibly weighty storyline.

As Gizmodo reports, Civil War screened for critics, and these critics
flooded Twitter with tweets of short takeaways. Fans in the general
public are also going to get the chance for an early viewing on April 14.

25 screenings are going to be held at different locations across the
United States, for fans that acted fast enough to get tickets. But as
Collider reported, even in January after test screenings, reactions were
positive and that was before the movie was actually finished. Winter
Soldier set a high bar for Civil War, and it appears that Captain
America movies have been the place that Marvel shows its best film making.

moviePig

Apr 20, 2016, 2:17:08 PM4/20/16
"...reactions were positive and that was before the movie was actually
finished."

Ah, the sly tendril of persuasion in using 'and' rather than 'but'...

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

Russell Watson

Apr 20, 2016, 6:29:05 PM4/20/16
They don't have to be sly with me: unabashedly in the built-in audience
for this entire series of movies. While a bit uneven, I would not be
reticent about saying "There's not really a >bad< one in the bunch..."
but then I remember that "Iron Man 3" is one of them. It's the only one
I didn't enjoy so far. Even the red-headed step-child, "The Incredible
Hulk", the oft-maligned "Iron Man 2" and the "I can't follow my own
logic all the way through..." "Ant-Man" were pleasures to watch at least
once, while the rest have been good through multiple viewings for me.

Alan Smithee

Apr 20, 2016, 7:01:29 PM4/20/16
"I just know I'm *going* to make money with this new program!"

Marvel has been delivering hit after hit after hit, so I doubt there
will be something in the last few minutes that ruins the film. :-D

Even if it stinks it will still make a ton of money. Just like Spidey 3...

Arthur Lipscomb

Apr 20, 2016, 7:54:09 PM4/20/16
That's pretty close to my take on the series as well. Iron Man 3 is the
only one in the series that I haven't gotten around to buying yet.

Alan Smithee

Apr 20, 2016, 9:24:09 PM4/20/16
On 04/20/2016 08:54 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> That's pretty close to my take on the series as well. Iron Man 3 is the
> only one in the series that I haven't gotten around to buying yet.

Take a look at what they did to the madarin. Also, the "ancient one"
in Doc Strange is a non-asian woman and the complaints are already
coming in.

Obveeus

Apr 20, 2016, 9:49:06 PM4/20/16
On 4/20/2016 6:29 PM, Russell Watson wrote:

> They don't have to be sly with me: unabashedly in the built-in audience
> for this entire series of movies. While a bit uneven, I would not be
> reticent about saying "There's not really a >bad< one in the bunch..."
> but then I remember that "Iron Man 3" is one of them. It's the only one
> I didn't enjoy so far. Even the red-headed step-child, "The Incredible
> Hulk", the oft-maligned "Iron Man 2" and the "I can't follow my own
> logic all the way through..." "Ant-Man" were pleasures to watch at least
> once, while the rest have been good through multiple viewings for me.

I've enjoyed most of the Marvel films, but the CAPTAIN AMERICA entries
are by far the weakest of the bunch for me.

Russell Watson

Apr 20, 2016, 10:06:20 PM4/20/16
I have it simply because I was determined to have the entire series,
but, unless I decide someday to watch the entire thing in order without
skipping any, I will probably never put it in the machine. I attempted
to watch it again when it was on Starz thinking maybe I was just having
a bad day when I saw it in the theater opening weekend, but no, it was
just as bad, and I turned it off at about the same point I was tempted
to walk out of the theater (the only time I've even gotten up to go to
the can during one of these, let alone thought about just leaving rather
than going back in and watching the rest).

Russell Watson

Apr 20, 2016, 10:11:34 PM4/20/16
Wow. I'm only surprised because "The Winter Soldier" is about the
highest-rated of the series for most folks. I will admit that "The First
Avenger" was probably one of the middle of the pack overall, but I still
really enjoyed it. To each his own...

moviePig

Apr 21, 2016, 9:17:07 AM4/21/16
On 4/20/2016 6:29 PM, Russell Watson wrote:
Yeah, I'm not dissing the movies (...really). Rather than 'persuasion',
maybe I should've said 'fandom'...

hereford

Apr 23, 2016, 3:14:14 AM4/23/16
On 21/04/2016 4:04 AM, Alan Smithee wrote:
> http://www.inquisitr.com/2981940/captain-america-civil-war-unstoppable-in-early-reviews-critics-agree-movie-is-one-of-marvels-best/
>

> Captain America: Civil War is gaining momentum and reviews from the
> preview screening prove the movie works.
>
> Critics can't yet post full reviews, but the little bit they are allowed
> to say is already confirming that Marvel knows what they are doing with
> the two new character entries to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Black
> Panther and Spider-Man.

About time they put Spider-Man in a movie......