Help I need a textgame builder!!!!

see...@mala.bc.ca

May 25, 1994, 1:35:09 PM5/25/94
Hi all, I have been looking all over for a text adventure game builder with a
combat system either already built in or, that can have a combat system built
in to it. I have TADS, but I dont care for that system to much. I would love to
get my hands on a copie of Emons world, or somthing like it. I'am currently
using Advent 0.1 but I find it's inflexabillity with flags hard to work around,
if anyone could help I'd be very gratefull :) I'd like either an ftp site where
I could download a builder or you can E-Mail me at the address below.

Thanks in advance for your help -Nathan

see...@mala.bc.ca

matteo vaccari

May 25, 1994, 4:38:15 PM5/25/94
see...@mala.bc.ca writes:

>Hi all, I have been looking all over for a text adventure game builder with a
>combat system either already built in or, that can have a combat system built
>in to it. I have TADS, but I dont care for that system to much.

It is a really good system. You can program a combat system in Tads.
A simple one is in programming/tads/examples/monster.t in the
if-archive.

> I would love to
>get my hands on a copie of Emons world, or somthing like it.

What is this? never heard about it.

Matteo

JONATHAN H. DAVIDSON

May 26, 1994, 7:43:48 PM5/26/94
In article <2s0cvn$2...@c700-2.sm.dsi.unimi.it>, vac...@c700-2.sm.dsi.unimi.it (matteo vaccari) writes:

> see...@mala.bc.ca writes:
>

>> I would love to
>>get my hands on a copie of Emons world, or somthing like it.
>
> What is this? never heard about it.

This was a BASIC system to create adventure games. One started with a
skeleton model and added elements specific to the adventure. There was
a fairly good system built-in to handle combat and NPCs (though
interaction was limited -- they help you if friendly, attack you if not,
and ignore you if neutral).

As I understand, there were 20-some games written in it for the Apple II;
I have only seen the intro module and one (not very good) game for the PC.
It was released around 1984 or so.

Jonathan Davidson

DAVI...@AC.DAL.CA
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada

Phil Goetz

May 28, 1994, 5:16:17 PM5/28/94
Re: EAMON

>This was a BASIC system to create adventure games. One started with a
>skeleton model and added elements specific to the adventure. There was
>a fairly good system built-in to handle combat and NPCs (though
>interaction was limited -- they help you if friendly, attack you if not,
>and ignore you if neutral).
>
>As I understand, there were 20-some games written in it for the Apple II;
>I have only seen the intro module and one (not very good) game for the PC.
>It was released around 1984 or so.
>
>Jonathan Davidson

The source code to a more recent (maybe 1989?) EAMON was in COMPUTIST
magazine. Well over a hundred EAMON adventures have been written.
I haven't played any, and can't say how good they are. They're
really cheap (or were). I believe it used a 2-word parser.
Definitely geared toward combat.

Phil Goetz