Conclusion to Blair Witch

Greg P.

Sep 22, 2003, 7:52:58 AM9/22/03
*Spoilers - As if everyone hasn't already seen it =/ *

Ok guys, I know that this is probably an odd question to ask, but my wife
has been bugging me asking about a certain detail regarding the end of the
film (she just *recently saw it*)...personally, I don't much care (as it
added suspense).

At the end of the film, when the chick finds the guy standing in the corner
(before she drops her camera)....why the fuck is he standing there? Is he
dead? Is that him?

--

-Greg P.

Ash: "You ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and Shit...and Jack
just left town.

Andrew

Sep 22, 2003, 9:15:35 AM9/22/03
Greg P. wrote:
> *Spoilers - As if everyone hasn't already seen it =/ *
>
> Ok guys, I know that this is probably an odd question to ask, but my wife
> has been bugging me asking about a certain detail regarding the end of the
> film (she just *recently saw it*)...personally, I don't much care (as it
> added suspense).
>
> At the end of the film, when the chick finds the guy standing in the corner
> (before she drops her camera)....why the fuck is he standing there? Is he
> dead? Is that him?

The guy standing in the corner is one of the party that went
looking for the Blair Witch (I do not recall the character's
name.) He is standing in the corner because of what was
said earlier about the child killer's habits; he would make
his victim stand in the corner facing the wall while the
killer took care of another victim.

It would have been an easier explanation if I actually
remembered the names of all the characters!

Andrew

Ulrich Schreitmueller

Sep 22, 2003, 9:12:59 AM9/22/03
Greg P. wrote:

>*Spoilers - As if everyone hasn't already seen it =/ *
>
>Ok guys, I know that this is probably an odd question to ask, but my wife
>has been bugging me asking about a certain detail regarding the end of the
>film (she just *recently saw it*)...personally, I don't much care (as it
>added suspense).
>
>At the end of the film, when the chick finds the guy standing in the corner
>(before she drops her camera)....why the fuck is he standing there? Is he
>dead? Is that him?

I don't have the film here at the moment, but I recall someone saying
towards the beginning that either the Blair Witch or Rustin Parr made
the kids stand facing the corner while she/he killed them one by one, or
something like that.

Ulrich Schreitmueller

Sep 22, 2003, 9:25:34 AM9/22/03
Andrew wrote:

> Greg P. wrote:
>
>> *Spoilers - As if everyone hasn't already seen it =/ *
>>
>> Ok guys, I know that this is probably an odd question to ask, but my
>> wife
>> has been bugging me asking about a certain detail regarding the end
>> of the
>> film (she just *recently saw it*)...personally, I don't much care (as it
>> added suspense).
>>
>> At the end of the film, when the chick finds the guy standing in the
>> corner
>> (before she drops her camera)....why the fuck is he standing there?
>> Is he
>> dead? Is that him?
>

> The guy standing in the corner is one of the party that went looking
> for the Blair Witch (I do not recall the character's name.)

Josh.

> He is standing in the corner because of what was said earlier about
> the child killer's

Rustin Parr.

> habits; he would make his victim stand in the corner facing the wall
> while the killer took care of another victim.
>
> It would have been an easier explanation if I actually remembered the
> names of all the characters!

Glad to oblige.

trotsky

Sep 22, 2003, 9:40:01 AM9/22/03
Ulrich Schreitmueller wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
>
> > Greg P. wrote:
> >

> >> *Spoilers - As if everyone hasn't already seen it =/ *
> >>
> >> Ok guys, I know that this is probably an odd question to ask, but
> my wife
> >> has been bugging me asking about a certain detail regarding the end
> >> of the
> >> film (she just *recently saw it*)...personally, I don't much care
> (as it
> >> added suspense).
> >>
> >> At the end of the film, when the chick finds the guy standing in the
> >> corner
> >> (before she drops her camera)....why the fuck is he standing there?
> Is he
> >> dead? Is that him?
> >

> > The guy standing in the corner is one of the party that went looking
> > for the Blair Witch (I do not recall the character's name.)
>

> Josh.

I thought Josh disappeared earlier in the film (lucky him) and it was
Michael standing in the corner.

> > He is standing in the corner because of what was said earlier about
> > the child killer's
>

> Rustin Parr.

And whom was being killed while he was in the corner? He was there for
hours, waiting for Heather to show up with her camera? What an
incredibly stupid movie--I can't believe I bought into the hype.

^TooL^

Sep 22, 2003, 9:56:05 AM9/22/03

> > my wife
> > (as it

> > Is he
> > >

> > > The guy standing in the corner is one of the party that went looking
> > > for the Blair Witch (I do not recall the character's name.)
> >

> > Josh.
>

> I thought Josh disappeared earlier in the film (lucky him) and it was
> Michael standing in the corner.

Wow, Trotsky is right for once. The guy standing in the corner is indeed
Mike. Josh is never discovered after his disappearance, save a few teeth and
a tongue.

^TooL^

Wormwood

Sep 22, 2003, 10:19:42 AM9/22/03
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:52:58 GMT, "Greg P." <h...@hah.com> wrote:

>At the end of the film, when the chick finds the guy standing in the corner
>(before she drops her camera)....why the fuck is he standing there? Is he
>dead? Is that him?

Probably possessed by either the spirit of one of the murdered
children that had been forced to stand in the corner him/herself or
the witch.

-worm

Ulrich Schreitmueller

Sep 22, 2003, 11:41:17 AM9/22/03
^TooL^ wrote:

>Wow, Trotsky is right for once. The guy standing in the corner is indeed
>Mike. Josh is never discovered after his disappearance, save a few teeth and
>a tongue.

I stand corrected.
In the corner.
(message ends abruptly as Tool's computer falls to the floor)

Jordan Garren

Sep 22, 2003, 2:45:30 PM9/22/03
> At the end of the film, when the chick finds the guy standing in the
corner (before she drops her camera)....why the fuck is he standing there?
Is he dead? Is that him?

Nah, he's just taking a piss in the corner, and the girl, she just tripped
and fell. Another mystery solved!
- Jordan
--
The B-Movie Film Vault
http://www.geocities.com/jrgdawg/

Also a Proud Member (and Founder) of The Rogue Reviewers:
http://www.roguereviewers.com

Mr. Sardonicus

Sep 22, 2003, 6:21:28 PM9/22/03
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:45:30 GMT, "Jordan Garren" <jord...@epix.net>
wrote:

>Nah, he's just taking a piss in the corner, and the girl, she just tripped
>and fell. Another mystery solved!

No, no, no. Close but no cigar. Mike was wanking into his pink
Pocket Pussy, imagining either Heather's or Josh's warm, inviting bung
(Mike's sexuality is never properly codified). This is *clearly*
suggested in an earlier scene in the tent where he babbles on about
wanting some of his mother's mashed potatoes (another possible hint of
his Momma's-boy vectored homosexuality) and, I quote, "a piece of
ass." Mike & the Pocket Pussy was a deeply private moment that
Heather was not meant to witness, so he sent a very large, very deadly
shard-splinter of wood from the shack's decrepit walls into her brain
with his telekinetic powers, thus explaining Heather's POV camera
crashing to the floor. I have put a lot of thought into this, and I
am convinced this is actually what happened so please... no crapping
on my post telling me it's wrong.

huggles,
Mr. Sardonicus

Robert Lee

Sep 22, 2003, 6:26:18 PM9/22/03
In article <c8b091ec00aa1d9a...@news.teranews.com>,
prici...@hotmail.com wrote:

> I have put a lot of thought into this, and I
> am convinced this is actually what happened so please... no crapping
> on my post telling me it's wrong.

I just thought Mike was getting high in the corner, and Heather put her
camera down to run over and demand that he not be such a Bogart.
Potheads get pretty upset when they're left out, which might explain all
the hooing and crying and running amuck, just before.

Did I completely misinterpret the end of this movie? I thought it was
supposed to be a stoner comedy.

--Robert

--
Do not sit next to Dennis

Radar Orielly

Sep 23, 2003, 1:29:51 AM9/23/03
The character's name was Mike. And as told in the beginning of the film
during the "interviews" with townsfolks, Rustin Parr, the serial killer from
the 50s, would take two kids at a time. What was not said in the released
film was the he made one face the corner while he slaughtered the other.

Now if you watched the Sci-Fi Channel Mocumentary, it went into great detail
as to why Mr. Parr made the second child stand in the corner.

Accorrding to Mocumentary, Mr. Parr was quoted as saying "I don't like their
eyes on me while I kill." And then later in the same Mocumentary was quoted
as saying "'She' didn't like it when the children watched her."

There ya go, The final scene in the movie made my hair stand on end. And I
knew the truth about.... Just downright creepy!

"Greg P." <h...@hah.com> wrote in message

Grey Wolf

Sep 23, 2003, 7:31:54 PM9/23/03

I thought Josh was the one doing the killing; Mike was in the corner
"not watching! not watching!" and the chick was the one getting
killed.
Though now I'm gonna have to check it out and see how badly my memory
failed me...
David