Has anyone seen the 1990 pilot starring David Burton?????

Paul Jones

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

Whilst flicking through an old DWM I came across an article about a DW
film independantly produced in 90' and "starring" an actor called
David Burton, apparently it was called "Dr Who and the Monsters of
Ness", its the first i've heard of it, was it made?? Has anyone seen
it?? I have to say that the photo of Mr Burton led me to think it
could'nt have been that good, no offence to the guy but he could'nt
have looked any less Doctorish, he looked like someones dodgy uncle.

Daniel Garrett
dgar...@bcs.org.uk
c/o
Paul Jones
Internet Administrator, British Computer Society
http://www.gold.net/users/ee57
"May I remind you of Space Corps Directive 34124?"

Jonathan Blum

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

In article <83967295...@cisee57.demon.co.uk>,

Paul Jones <paul...@bcs.org.uk> wrote:
>Whilst flicking through an old DWM I came across an article about a DW
>film independantly produced in 90' and "starring" an actor called
>David Burton, apparently it was called "Dr Who and the Monsters of
>Ness", its the first i've heard of it, was it made?? Has anyone seen
>it?? I have to say that the photo of Mr Burton led me to think it
>could'nt have been that good, no offence to the guy but he could'nt
>have looked any less Doctorish, he looked like someones dodgy uncle.

By all reports other than Mr. Burton's, this "pilot" was never made, and
was apparently a product of Mr. Burton's overactive imagination.
Certainly JNT's Teynham Productions, who Mr. Burton claimed was involved,
don't seem to have ever heard of him.

Regards,
Jon Blum
"All this time you two thought you were playing some twisted game of
chess... when it was just me playing solitaire!"
D O C T O R W H O : T I M E R I F T

Dr C.J. Gavin

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

Jonathan Blum writes:

> In article <83967295...@cisee57.demon.co.uk>,
> Paul Jones <paul...@bcs.org.uk> wrote:
> >Whilst flicking through an old DWM I came across an article about a DW
> >film independantly produced in 90' and "starring" an actor called
> >David Burton, apparently it was called "Dr Who and the Monsters of
> >Ness", its the first i've heard of it, was it made?? Has anyone seen
> >it?? I have to say that the photo of Mr Burton led me to think it
> >could'nt have been that good, no offence to the guy but he could'nt
> >have looked any less Doctorish, he looked like someones dodgy uncle.
>
> By all reports other than Mr. Burton's, this "pilot" was never made, and
> was apparently a product of Mr. Burton's overactive imagination.
> Certainly JNT's Teynham Productions, who Mr. Burton claimed was involved,
> don't seem to have ever heard of him.
>
> Regards,
> Jon Blum

Mr Burton seemed a bit of an odd character, he drove around with "The New
Dr Who" on the side of his car.

Marcus Durham

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

In article <Dw0MB...@liverpool.ac.uk>, Dr C <?.Gavin@?.?.liv.ac.uk>
writes
[snip]

>Mr Burton seemed a bit of an odd character, he drove around with "The New
>Dr Who" on the side of his car.

Well, as long as it wasnt Bessie :-)

--
Marcus E. Durham