AUGUST '90 CONVENTION LISTING

mark.o.modig

Aug 1, 1990, 10:45:47 PM8/1/90

Upcoming Conventions
--------------------

The conventions below are either Doctor Who and/or Blake's 7 oriented.
In general, it is a good idea to send a self-addressed, stamped,
envelope (SASE) with your request for information. More detailed
information is available for some of these cons (those that say
FLYER AVAILABLE) using the mail server that is available (see the
monthly message on the server for info on how to use it). If you
have more current information on a con, or know about one that
isn't on this list, please mail me the info at:

att!cbnewsl!mom
or
m...@cbnewsl.att.com

I am particularly interested in cons with a Dr. Who, Blake's 7,
British TV, or related theme or guests. Information about cons
anywhere in the world is welcome.

Updated 8/1/90
===================
AUGUST
------

ORBIT- August 3-5, Newark Airport Holiday Inn, Newark, NJ. Guests:
Paul Darrow, Michael Keating, Terry Nation. Tickets: $45. For
tickets/info, contact: Down/Safe Productions, JAF Box 8138, New York,
NY 10116. FLYER AVAILABLE.

UNICON '90- August 11-12, Concord, CA. Guests: Colin Baker, Michael
Keating, Nicholas Courtney, John Levene, Terry Nation. Tickets
$25/Sat or Sun, $40 both. For tickets/info, contact: Unicon '90, PO
Box 6004, Concord, CA 94524-1004. FLYER AVAILABLE

DAY WITH TWO DOCTORS- August 18, Cleveland Music Hall, Cleveland, OH.
Guests: Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy. Tickets: $20 until 8/13,
$25 after. For information, call 215-478-9200. For tickets, send
to: Friends of Doctor Who, PO Box 14111 Dept WN, Reading, PA
19612-4111.

TARDIS IN DURHAM- August 31- September 2nd, Durham, England, UK. Guests:
Sylvester McCoy, Jon Pertwee, Richard Franklin, Alister Pearson. For info,
contact: Josie Collins, TARDIS in Durham, 34 Monks Crescent, Gilesgate
Moor, Durham, England DH1 1HD, UNITED KINGDOM.

SEPTEMBER
---------

FAN-OUT IN NY- CANCELLED. Was to be held September 1-3, Newark Airport Marriot
Hotel, Newark, NJ. Guests: William Campbell. Tickets: $33 until July 15th,
$38 after. For tickets/info, contact: Fan-Out, Inc. PO Box 887, Edgewood, MD
21040. NOTE- THIS CON HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

PRETTY GOOD CON 4- September 1-3, Chicago, IL. For info, contact:
Keven Lewis, 2300 Knob Hill #3-16, Okemos, MI 48864.

SOMACON 2.0- September 8-9, Howard Johnson's O'Hare International
Airport Hotel, Chicago, IL. In-depth writers and artists workshops,
B7 murder mystery, B7 Jeopardy, fan panels, art show, videos, etc.
Tickets: $30. Checks payable to Virginia Skroch. For info/tickets,
contact: SomaCon 2.0, c/o Liberation, PO Box 06491, Chicago, IL,
60606-0491. FLYER AVAILABLE
(NOTE: This con has been downsized somewhat. If you have tickets,
or if you want tickets, you should contact the con immediately).

PSEUDOCON- September 29-30, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN. Guest: Richard Franklin.
Tickets: FREE if you register before 8/15, $5 after 8/15. For
info/tickets, contact: Pseudocon, c/o Roger Stockman, 1710 44th Ave. N,
Minneapolis, MN 55412 or call 612-588-1524. Put on by The
Whoniversity, a local Who club.

OCTOBER
-------

PANOPTICON '90- October 19-21, Coventry, England. Convention of the
Doctor Who Appreciation Society (DWAS). For info, contact:
PanoptiCon '90, 17 Melrose Avenue, Wimbledon Park, London SW19 8BU,
England, UNITED KINGDOM.

BRITISH FANTA-SEA CRUISE- October 27-November 2. Guests: Sylvester
McCoy.

NOVEMBER
--------

EXO-SPACE- November 3-5, The Rougemont Hotel, Exeter, Devon,
UK. Dr. Who con. No guests listed. Tickets: UK#14/day, UK#25/3
days. For info, and tickets, contact: David Trigger, Exo-Space
Registrations, 26 Edwin Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 8JF, England,
United Kingdom. Hotel rates (per night): UK#35/single,
UK#55/double. Send 5 A5 size SASE's. Checks should be payable to
Nostalgia Trips.

ARMADACON II_ The Arts Centre, Plymouth, UK. Guests: Anne
McCaffrey, Adrian Cole, Brian Lumley, and (work permitting, of course)
Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred. Tickets: UK#18. For info/tickets,
contact: Armadacon II, 4 Gelneagle Ave., Mannamead, Plymouth PL3 5HL,
England, United Kingdom.

CONFEDERATION 2- November 16-18, Christchurch Town Hall, New Zealand.
Guests: Paul Darrow and Janet Lees Price. $40/3 days, $25/one day,
until August 1. After: $45/3 days only. For info/tickets, contact:
ConFederation Two, 39 Marriots Rd., North Beach, Christchurch 9, New
Zealand.

A BRITISH TV CELEBRATION- November 23-25, Hyatt Regency O'Hare, Chicago, IL
Guests: Michael Keating, Sally Knyvette, Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred,
Fraser Hines, Mark Ryan, Terry Walsh, Dave Rogers, Eric Hoffman.
Tickets $40/3 days, $30/Sat. and Sun., $20/1 day. Cabaret: $20.
Hotel: single/double/triple/quad $65; must receive reservation at least 21
days in advance of arrival to guarantee rate. For tickets/info, contact:
Her Majesty's Entertainment, PO Box 34484, Chicago, IL, 60634-0484.
(FLYER AVAILABLE)

DECEMBER
--------

1991 AND BEYOND
---------------

OMNICON '91- February 1-3, Orlando, FL. Guests: Tom Baker, Sylvester McCoy,
David Kyle. Tickets: $25 until 7/1, $35 until 11/1, $45 until 1/15/91.
For tickets/info, contact: Omnicon, 3685 Coral Springs Dr., Coral
Springs, FL 33065 (FLYER AVAILABLE)

GALLIFREY ONE: THE SEQUEL- February 16-18, 1991, Los Angeles,
CA. Confirmed guests: John Levene, Eric Hoffman, Larry Stewart.
Tickets: $40 until 8/31, $30 until 11/30, $40 thereafter.
For tickets/info: Gallifrey One: The Sequel, PO Box 712188, Los
Angeles, CA 90071.

I-CON X- April 19-21, 1991, State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Guests: Harlan Ellison, Jack Williamson, Larry Niven, Robert L. Forward,
Poul Anderson, Hal Clement. Tickets: $25/3 days. For info/tickets,
contact: I-CON X, PO Box 550, Stony Brook, NY 11790; or (516) 632-6440
weekdays only. (FLYER AVAILABLE)

POLARISCON II- July, 1991, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN. Both Trek and Who
guests expected.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrabbits

Aug 2, 1990, 10:33:40 AM8/2/90
In article <1990Aug2.0...@cbnewsl.att.com>, m...@cbnewsl.att.com (mark.o.modig) writes:
> A BRITISH TV CELEBRATION- November 23-25, Hyatt Regency O'Hare, Chicago, IL
> Guests: Michael Keating, Sally Knyvette, Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred,
> Fraser Hines, Mark Ryan, Terry Walsh, Dave Rogers, Eric Hoffman.
> Tickets $40/3 days, $30/Sat. and Sun., $20/1 day. Cabaret: $20.
> Hotel: single/double/triple/quad $65; must receive reservation at least 21
> days in advance of arrival to guarantee rate. For tickets/info, contact:
> Her Majesty's Entertainment, PO Box 34484, Chicago, IL, 60634-0484.
> (FLYER AVAILABLE)

Don't forget that Jon Pertwee is also supposed to be there. He was
supposed to be Sylvester's replacement when he was tied up with
the play. Now that the play ended, both Sylvester AND Jon will be
making appearences. (at least that is what I have heard)