Diamond Horseshoe to close----

PuffinsRoost02

Jan 22, 2003, 6:54:10 PM1/22/03
According to wdwmagic.com the Diamond Horseshoe Review in Frontierland will
give its last show on February 1st with no information on a replacement.
:(

Now we will have carousel of progress, timekeeper, 20,000 leagues, and the
saloon all unused attractions except for the seasonal operations of progress
and timekeeper.

Hopefully they have something in the works for the horseshoe space.

agnes

Jan 23, 2003, 2:17:38 PM1/23/03
Is this really true? Have there been any corraborating rumours or news about
the Diamond Horseshoe Review's closing down?

thanks,
agnes
Sorry - but due to the volume of spam appearing in my inbox, if you'd like to
reply by not posting throw me a line at
shearon DOT ink AT erols DOT kom <--change the last 'k' to a 'c' :)

O2guardguy

Jan 23, 2003, 2:55:35 PM1/23/03
I knew this was coming, this area will turn into an indoor character set
location in the next two months. Guests can come inside and get pictures and
autographs with characters.

Disneybrad

Jan 23, 2003, 7:20:52 PM1/23/03
"O2guardguy" <o2gua...@aol.com> wrote in message

I find this closing very bizarre. Especially since they just upgrade the
electrical and lighting systems within the last few years.

Brad

Brian

Jan 23, 2003, 8:45:42 PM1/23/03
o2gua...@aol.com (O2guardguy) wrote:

When my daughter was younger she loved meeting the characters and
getting autographs, but it seems like this objective could have been
met in another area.
Seems like there's getting to be less and less reason to go back.
Very unfortunate.

Judy

Jan 24, 2003, 10:45:16 AM1/24/03
Brian <drmorri...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<1h613vgqlt158pdtp...@4ax.com>...

\It is not definite, just a rumor. I wouldn't change my plans to visit
based on a rumor.

Brian

Jan 24, 2003, 3:47:38 PM1/24/03
j2...@catlover.com (Judy) wrote:

>\It is not definite, just a rumor. I wouldn't change my plans to visit
>based on a rumor.

I wouldn't. It's just one more disappointment if it's true though.

Legion1979

Jan 24, 2003, 9:34:25 PM1/24/03
>Now we will have carousel of progress, timekeeper, 20,000 leagues

In regards to Leagues....who else is completely creeped out by this? It's
just...there. This huge lake with absolutely nothing going on. And you can
(shiver) still see the submarine tracks in the water. Gave me chills.

Legion1979

Jan 24, 2003, 9:37:14 PM1/24/03
>I knew this was coming, this area will turn into an indoor character set
>location in the next two months. Guests can come inside and get pictures and
>autographs with characters.

Jeez, it's all about the characters now isnt it? Dont know what to do when you
tear down an attraction? Why, just put Pooh and friends there and create long
lines for a three second picture!

O2guardguy

Jan 25, 2003, 12:42:18 AM1/25/03
Not a rumor, its my department, so lets see in a month what you will find
there. bet my 14 years with the company on it.
thanks

Barry L. Wallis

Jan 25, 2003, 1:05:36 AM1/25/03
"Legion1979" <legio...@aol.com> wrote in message

I get the feeling at DL whenever I glide over the sub lagoon on the monorail.

--
- Barry as TDC Sorcerer, Magical Manager of the Mysteriously Missing Main
Street Magic Shop

Amanda

Jan 25, 2003, 6:17:28 AM1/25/03
The whole cowboy and western thing is long gone from popular culture - in
Disneyland's first decade Davy Crockett and Cowboys & Indians was what Nintendo
is now, for little boys.

I'm just very sorry to hear that the lead guitarist/mc might be out of work,
he's a talented guy.

TDC Ginny Favers, Captive Princess of Chickapin Hill
Planning my next trip way, way, way too far in advance:
2003 & 2004 - Fort Wilderness in a tent or something cheap or free off-site
2005 - Disney's Polynesian Resort or Bust!

JRClarkJR

Jan 25, 2003, 2:50:34 PM1/25/03
<< In regards to Leagues....who else is completely creeped out by this? It's
just...there. This huge lake with absolutely nothing going on. And you can
(shiver) still see the submarine tracks in the water. Gave me chills. >>

It's like seeing a carcass of a dead body...you know someone use to reside
there but now it is empty!

JRClarkJR

Jan 25, 2003, 2:53:17 PM1/25/03
<< The whole cowboy and western thing is long gone from popular culture - in
Disneyland's first decade Davy Crockett and Cowboys & Indians was what Nintendo
is now, for little boys. >>

But ripe for recycling...look at gladiator films and Robin Hood.

Here's to bringing back a modern western movie!!

TDC Sir Mickey RşoşN,
Keeper of everything magical on a Disney Evening

WDW

'73 off; '80 F.W.; '82 Poly; '96 DxL; '98 Sports; '99 PO; '00 Music/Dolphin;
'01 W.L.; 02 AKL

DL '86, '94, '97, '99, '01, '02

Legion1979

Jan 25, 2003, 3:39:58 PM1/25/03
>It's like seeing a carcass of a dead body...you know someone use to reside
>there but now it is empty!

Why in the world did they close it if they werent going to do anything with the
space?

PuffinsRoost02

Jan 25, 2003, 5:25:23 PM1/25/03
> The whole cowboy and western thing is long gone from popular culture - in
>Disneyland's first decade Davy Crockett and Cowboys & Indians was what
>Nintendo
>is now, for little boys.

I got to thinking about the horseshoe closing and then remembered that in 2004
Disneys animated western musical feature "Home On the Range" is scheduled to
come out. Maybe something to coincide with that will open here??? Could be
good.

Derek Janssen

Jan 25, 2003, 5:53:54 PM1/25/03

Something about.......cows?

(Hmm, someone hasn't been listening to studio/industry rumors lately--
Can you say "Maybe they'll build an Atlantis ride!"?...)

Derek Janssen
dja...@rcn.com

Jctwizzzer

Jan 25, 2003, 5:55:00 PM1/25/03
>Can you say "Maybe they'll build an Atlantis ride!"?...)

right in the middle of Frontierland????

Jctwizzzer

Jan 25, 2003, 5:56:35 PM1/25/03
>Why in the world did they close it if they werent going to do anything with
>the
>space?

because it wasn't a viable attraction;

Benjamin Geiger

Jan 25, 2003, 7:06:59 PM1/25/03
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:45:16 +0000, Judy wrote:

> It is not definite, just a rumor. I wouldn't change my plans to visit
> based on a rumor.

I was just there today, and one of the CMs confirmed it. (Not taking that
as a definite yes, but it sure lends some strength to the rumor.)

It *is* a shame.

Maybe the good people over at the AC can make some room for the
performers... $DEITY knows they're talented enough.

--
Benjamin Geiger ("Phoon") Remove "_spamtrap"
TDC Defender of the Beverly and before emailing me.

Derek Janssen

Jan 25, 2003, 8:52:22 PM1/25/03
ctwizzzer wrote:

> > > I got to thinking about the horseshoe closing and then remembered that
> > > in 2004 Disneys animated western musical feature "Home On the Range" is
> > > scheduled to come out. Maybe something to coincide with that will open
> > > here??? Could be good.

> > (Hmm, someone hasn't been listening to studio/industry rumors lately--
> > Can you say "Maybe they'll build an Atlantis ride!"?...)
>
> right in the middle of Frontierland????

No, was referring to the rather considerable danger of embarrassment one
puts oneself in by coming up with fan "really neat park ideas" related
to movies one hasn't actually SEEN yet--

Translation: Don't count your potential tie-in movie chickens before
they hatch. Into turkeys. ; )

Derek Janssen (even the *studio* hates this one)
dja...@rcn.com

Disneybrad

Jan 25, 2003, 10:13:53 PM1/25/03
"Benjamin Geiger" <bgeiger3...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Maybe the good people over at the AC can make some room for the
> performers... $DEITY knows they're talented enough.

Well one if the "Dr. Bill's" already is a fill in for Otis T. Wren, and one
of the magicians is married to on eof the Avd. Club Cast Members.

Brian

Jan 25, 2003, 11:23:51 PM1/25/03
legio...@aol.com (Legion1979) wrote:

>Jeez, it's all about the characters now isnt it? Dont know what to do when you
>tear down an attraction? Why, just put Pooh and friends there and create long
>lines for a three second picture!

Why didn't they just do a big characters place at 20,000 Leagues and
leave it at that? Would be a good location.

Dave in Dallas

Jan 28, 2003, 4:37:15 PM1/28/03
Amanda wrote:

>The whole cowboy and western thing is long gone from popular culture - in
>Disneyland's first decade Davy Crockett and Cowboys & Indians was what
>Nintendo
>is now, for little boys.

Maybe for Americans, but for people from other countries the whole mystique of
the old American West is still very much alive. And a good deal of visitors
from other countries like what they find in Frontierland.

Dave, Dallas, TX

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea
of making money." - Walt Disney

Dave in Dallas

Jan 28, 2003, 4:42:11 PM1/28/03
Brian wrote:

>Why didn't they just do a big characters place at 20,000 Leagues and
>leave it at that? Would be a good location.

Yeah! Push Pooh and friends into the lagoon and let's watch them drown! I'd
pay money to watch that. Sounds like fun!

WDW DotCom

Jan 28, 2003, 7:04:55 PM1/28/03
<<<Yeah! Push Pooh and friends into the lagoon and let's watch them drown! I'd
pay money to watch that. Sounds like fun!>>>

Hey! Not Eeyore! He's sad enough as it is! The rest of 'em, I agree with
you! <g>

WDWDotCom
"Use The Schmooze"

Brian

Jan 28, 2003, 8:56:30 PM1/28/03
dav...@aol.comnojunk (Dave in Dallas) wrote:

>Yeah! Push Pooh and friends into the lagoon and let's watch them drown! I'd
>pay money to watch that. Sounds like fun!

I was more thinking in terms of filling it in or draining the water
although that has since been addressed.

What if they put in an island in the middle and then had gators all
around in the water? Solve the problems of kids running off. <G>