Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck via Creators Syndicate?

D.D.Degg

Dec 13, 2011, 8:41:35 PM12/13/11
It appears that Creators Syndicate has got the rights
to the old Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse comic strips.

At least they have place holders for those strips on their
website: http://www.creators.com/comics/cat-classics.html
This, in the past, has been their habit before displaying strips.

Wonder if the strips will be different than those posted
daily at Disney23: http://d23.disney.go.com/comics/

Also wonder if they will be actively trying to syndicate
them to newspapers, or if they'll be web-only?

D.D.Degg

D.D.Degg

Jan 1, 2012, 4:53:29 AM1/1/12
As of January 1, 2012
Walt Disney's Donald Duck
http://www.creators.com/comics/donald-duck.html
and
Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse
http://www.creators.com/comics/mickey-mouse.html
are running on the Creators Syndicate site.

Not familiar enough with these to know if
they are reprints of earlier strips (probably)
or if they are brand new strips.

Also don't know if they are actively being
syndicated to newspapers or web-only.

D.D.Degg

D.D.Degg

Jan 1, 2012, 5:31:57 PM1/1/12
D.D.Degg wrote:
> Walt Disney's Donald Duck
> http://www.creators.com/comics/donald-duck.html
> and Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse
> http://www.creators.com/comics/mickey-mouse.html
> are running on the Creators Syndicate site.
>
> Not familiar enough with these to know if
> they are reprints of earlier strips (probably)
> or if they are brand new strips.

Elsewhere those more knowledgeable than I do know...

Steven Rowe says,
"The Donald strip is drawn by Al Taliaferro (who died in 1969)"

While Luca Boschi says the Mickey Mouse strip
"was drawn by Manuel Gonzales, who stopped working in 1981."

Then Armando Botto came along and pinpointed
the original publications dates:
"Donald = January 07th, 1951
Mickey = January 08th, 1950"

With help from the INDUCKS organization we can
see if Creators Syndicate will present the strips

Here's the Walt Disney comic strip index from 1951
- check out the Donald Duck entries:
http://coa.inducks.org/issue.php?c=us%2FZZ1951

and the 1950 (see Mickey Mouse) list:
http://coa.inducks.org/issue.php?c=us%2FZZ1950

Notice the credits in the 4th column of both lists.

INDUCKS' home page for Walt Disney's
U. S. newspaper strips is
http://coa.inducks.org/publication.php?c=us/ZZ

D.D.Degg