ELLIS: Doom Questions and Comments

Warren Ellis

Oct 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/15/95
Second, Pat, I have to begin my response to your questions with
the news that I left DOOM 2099 a couple of months ago, with #39
being my last issue. Lots of reasons.

< 1) Are Fortune and Vox dead?>

I'd intened to reveal Vox as dead, and Fortune as the horribly
scarred last survivor of Latveria. Now: Who knows?

< 2.) Was the "One Nation Under Doom" storyline derailed to
start the "X-Nation" storyline?>

Essentially, yes. I'd planned to have Doom's dethronement
happen in #38. Marketing apparently decreed that "One nation" be
ended much, much earlier, and a new crossover concept be
introduced...

< 5) Do you give Steven a full script? >

Yep. Me and Stevie Pugh are old mates, and he's well used to my
usual Tyrannical Bastard method of working...
Cheers,
Warren
Cheers,
Warren

--
~~~ send me a great deal of money immediately ~~~

Joey Santoro

Oct 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/24/95
Michael Shivers (cjh...@acs.tamu.edu) wrote:

: >Warren Ellis <10061...@CompuServe.COM> wrote:
: >>Second, Pat, I have to begin my response to your questions with

: >>the news that I left DOOM 2099 a couple of months ago, with #39
: >>being my last issue. Lots of reasons.

: >
: This is terribly bad news as far as I'm concerned. I loved the book
: under Moore, and I loved it even more under your capable hand. I've
: admired your work since the AWESOME "Hellstorm" run, and, yes, I
: think you got shafted when "Hellstorm" and "Druid" were both canned.
: But, enough sucking up. Here's the thing:

: Are you going to be involved in the 2099 universe at all after you leave
: Doom? It just seems like such a waste for the guy that is probably the
: MOST responsible for the wonderful direction the 2099 titles have taken
: lately to just promptly leave them. Do us all a favor and try to stay
: involved with 2099 in some way, okay?

I just wanted to say I agree wholeheartdly that Mr. Ellis should
remain a part of 2099. Until Herod plants roses in front of the red house...
-- Joe

Brian J Mayer

Oct 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/30/95
In <46u4m5$ohs$1...@mhafm.production.compuserve.com> Warren Ellis
<10061...@CompuServe.COM> writes:

>Michael Shivers wrote:
>
>: Are you going to be involved in the 2099 universe at all after
>you leave Doom? It just seems like such a waste for the guy that
>is probably the: MOST responsible for the wonderful direction the
>2099 titles have taken : lately to just promptly leave them. Do
>us all a favor and try to stay : involved with 2099 in some way,
>okay?
>
>Joey Santoro wrote> (sorry, lost your addresses! Don't
> have an offline reader!)

><I just wanted to say I agree wholeheartdly that Mr. Ellis should
>remain a part of 2099. Until Herod plants roses in front of the
>red house...>
>
>Thanks guys, but no firm offers have been made to me. The 2099
>line doesn't have a vast amount of expansion space available,
>anyway. I'm sure Messrs David, Moore, Peyer, Kesel et al will
>make you forget I was ever there, anyhow. Nice of you to say
>these things, but I don't see a 2099 book from me anytime
>soon. Sorry.

Mr. Ellis, I too must agree that it is a damn shame that you are not
going to have anything to do with 2099 in the forseeable future. Like
everone has said, you really a big part of what made it happen. Doom
has always been one of my favorite Marvel players. But you gave him a
direction and insite that really caught his true spirit as well as that
of the 2099. Even when you finally revealed Doom 2099's true origin,
you left the question still there of what happened to the "Golden Age".
I am seriously afraid though that 2099 will soon be ruined with not
only the introduction of another X-Book (Might as well be anyway) but I
think bringing the original FF is going to be a big mistake as well.
For one thing, it isn't that original (one of the things that 2099 is
supposed to be about, sorta). For another, Marvel will have to finally
admit that there is no way that this can be THE Marvel future, and is
just an alternate universe (the other mystery that made 2099 so
captivating).

Oh well, my two cents,
Brian J Mayer
<\