[rACCIES] The 1998 LNH ACCIE Awards

Jeff McCoskey

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
Legionnaires, sub-groups, spinoffs, and wannabees
Pointless Awards Man is proud to present

THE 6th ANNUAL LNH ACCIE AWARDS
===============================

THE JOHNNY SAKO "COME BACK GIANT ROBOT, COME BACK" LOVING CUP
(for the LNHer that is most sorely missed) finalists are:
Jameel al Khafiz
Badger
Paul Hardy

And the WINNER is: Paul Hardy!

For LNH11, THE NEWBIE AWARD the nominees are:
Steven Howard
Sam Vimes

And the WINNER is: Steven Howard!

For LNH10, FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON A.C.LNH
the nominees are:
Looniversal Answering Machine
The Eyrie Autoposter Bot
Joe Sphammer

And the WINNER is: the Looniversal Answering Machine

For LNH9, FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER the finalists are:
Anal Retentive Archive Kid
Emily (Teens in Trenchcoats)
Gothic Gorilla
No Sense of Direction Man

And the WINNER is: Gothic Gorilla!

For LNH8, FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER the finalists are:
Binky
The Junior Brotherhood of Net.Villains
Ultimate Ninja

And the WINNER is: Binky!

For LNH7, FAVORITE VILLAIN the finalists are:
Censor Girl
Plummet
Tsar Chasm

And the WINNER is: Tsar Chasm!

For LNH6, FAVORITE LNHer the finalists are:
Easily Discovered Man
Kid Kirby
Mouse (Subliminal Girl)

And the WINNER is: Mouse!

For LNH5, FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE the finalists are:
Dvandom Force Annual #2 -- RACC Soup
Easily Discovered Man #36
Writers Block Woman #32 (The James Bond ripoff)

And the WINNER is: Dvandom Force Annual #2!

For LNH4, FAVORITE ARC the nominee and WINNER is:
TSK Force #1-2 (origin)

For LNH3, FAVORITE MINI-SERIES the finalists are:
Return of Tsar Chasm
Swords Across the Looniverse
Terror In Got.ham City

And the WINNER is: Return of Tsar Chasm!

For LNH2, FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES the finalists are:
Dvandom Force
Easily-Discovered Man
Misfits

And the WINNER is: Easily-Discovered Man!

For LNH1, FAVORITE WRITER the finalists are:
Jessica Ihimaera-Smiler
Rob Rogers
Dave Van Domelen

And the WINNER is: Jessica Ihimaera-Smiler!

Congratulations to all the nominees, finalists and winners. We'll
see you 1 FEB 99 for the 1998 rACCIE Award Ceremony (STILL a black
tie/evening gown affair)

Rob Rogers

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99

Congratulations to Ken Schmidt for a well-deserved sweep of the
1999 Accie awards. Not only was his work consistenly well-written,
smart and amusing throughout the year, but I believe he provided the
inspiration that kept the LNH active at a time when its future was, I
think in question. I'd like to credit him for cajoling both Jaelle
and myself into writing this year, and leading the way for a new
generation of authors to pursue excellence in fiction and world
domination, whichever comes first.

> For LNH7, FAVORITE VILLAIN the finalists are:
> Censor Girl
> Plummet
> Tsar Chasm
>
> And the WINNER is: Tsar Chasm!

> For LNH3, FAVORITE MINI-SERIES the finalists are:

> Return of Tsar Chasm
> Swords Across the Looniverse
> Terror In Got.ham City
>
> And the WINNER is: Return of Tsar Chasm!
>
> For LNH2, FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES the finalists are:
> Dvandom Force
> Easily-Discovered Man
> Misfits
>
> And the WINNER is: Easily-Discovered Man!

(Since Ken plotted and co-scripted two of the four issues
I wrote this year, I have to give this award to him).

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to those who
considered EDM in voting. Your (checks/compromising pictures) are in
the mail.

--Rob Rogers
--Easily-Discovered Man Lite of the LNH
.

Jessica

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
> Congratulations to Ken Schmidt for a well-deserved sweep of the
> 1999 Accie awards. Not only was his work consistenly well-written,
> smart and amusing throughout the year, but I believe he provided the
> inspiration that kept the LNH active at a time when its future was, I
> think in question. I'd like to credit him for cajoling both Jaelle
> and myself into writing this year, and leading the way for a new
> generation of authors to pursue excellence in fiction and world
> domination, whichever comes first.

Thought I'd just add my congratulations to Rob's. Not only has Ken
been instrumental in helping me and Rob keep writing, he was also
the major influence on me getting into the LNH in the first place.
Congrats Ken!

Jaelle (and speaking of me getting back into writing... see the next
post)

Ken Schmidt

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99
Jessica <jae...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

Wow. Thanks to the both of you for the kind words, and thanks to everyone
who voted for the Return of Tsar Chasm as best mini. I guess that means
I should end that now and work on something else so it doesn't get tagged as
an on-going series. Apparently I need to get TC to started on some more
evil schemes since he's been voted best villain again. Or is that due to
his interest in a certain Subliminal Girl and stealing her from the ranks of
available female LNH types? Does that count him as a villain? :)

And I'd like to say that something is in the works, but unfortunately (?)
my spare time is now being devoted to my next project for BradyGAMES.
(I helped write both Rival Schools and Darkstalkers Fighting Guides,
and I've got another Capcom fighting game I'm working on right now)

Hopefully I'll get the time and inspiration and the next Tsar Chasm story
will show up before too much longer.

Thanks again, and much appreciation to Rob and Jessica for helping me out.

---Ken