rACCIES: The 1997 rACCIE Awards Ceremony

Jeff McCoskey

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

Pointless Awards Man, in conjunction with the OMEGA, TAD, ESP, LNH,
DRG, ASH, CROSSROADS, STARFALL, CYBERNET, STEELWOLFE, EST3, FW, IP, JP,
KEWL, KS, LBP, ELECK, NTC, SG and MISC Universes Presents:

A Pseudo-Random Production of:

A JJMcC textfile

o o o o o o o o o o o
o The 1997 o
o o (4th Annual) o o
o o o rACCIE AWARDS o o o
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

"This is Helen Downey, of the New Troy Daily Herald, on special
assignment for _Good Morning New Troy_. I told them when I accepted
this job that I wasn't going in for that determinedly good-natured
infotainment approach, so here goes.
"So how self-indulgent are awards ceremonies? An inbred
community gets
together and decides to get publicity by rewarding its members with
self created, arbitrarily conferred awards that serve to boost
television ratings and make everyone's profits soar. And oh by the way,
boost the egos of a select few 'artists' that could really do without
the validation.
"Say one thing for these ego-fests, they understand the impact
of a good dose of pomp and circumstance. Here at the Net on the Great
Alt.Way
in downtown Net.ropolis, lights glitter, flash bulbs pop, limousines
purr and schmaltz flows freely. Heroes and heroines (and not a few
villains)
play chicken with each other, seeing who can get closest to the line
between extravagant fashion and over-the-top kitsch. I believe the
explosion of bulbs behind me indicates that Writer's Block Woman has
again overshot by a tremendous margin. The limos have started rolling
up fast and furious. The word seems to have gotten out that Joan
Hamilton and Allen Covenant found the bar. For the first time in years,
Allen is drinking with two fists. Brain Boy and F.I.S.H. Force are
smiling
and waving -- you can always tell the newcomers to these things. Their
hope
and optimism loudly accuse these affairs as the shams they are.
"The next limo appears to belong to Cybernet. Yes, the first
out is SPLoTcH! He is hanging all over his date...literally. Next out
is...Look out!!"
>screeEEEECRUNCHHhhh<
"It appears Crazy Guy has crashed his motorcycle into the back
of the CYBERNET limo. He's getting up, he's ok. Naturally, he has no
thought of picking up the mess. Net.ropolis is used to this abuse, and
frankly local revenues from this event far outweigh the danger to life
and limb in the minds of civic leaders.
"As CYBERNET struggles out of their crushed vehicle, the next
limo
has already stolen the spotlight from them. Blue Flame and Twister
dressed to the near side of the kitsch line are coolly traversing the
media gauntlet. Their affair is rumored on the rocks, but for this
public event they force themselves to civility. Such emotional travails
should at least tell these veteran heroes that this event has become a
farce.
"Behind them, Plasma and his mom, a bevy of Harrakin invaders,
and,
oh, it appears taking advantage of the nighttime venue, Donna and Amber
from _Blood Ties_. Outside the confines of their title they do not
appear
shy about outing themselves -- as a lesbian inter-living couple.
Everyone
is determined to make an impression on the event all RACC is watching.
"Perhaps my cynicism is misplaced though. Perhaps
some measure of forgiveness could be extended to heroes that protect
their various universes year after year -- forgiveness for this unseemly
orgy of overindulgence and self-absorption....kkkkhhht"

"Helen? Helen can you hear us? Darny-darn. We seem to have
lost her Kevin."
"I know Molly. Did you see Writer's Block Woman? Zowee! What a
gown!"
"Ha, ha. Gloomy Helen seemed a little down on the whole thing
though. Maybe we can pick up a more festive feed, I think the producers
are saying we can get Joey MacIntyre, Channel 20 Pulse City."
"I guess now we know why she's a print journalist, Molly!"
"Ha ha, oh Kevin. Until we return...'Good Morning New Troy!'"
"Good Morning New Troy!"

. . o o 0 0 O O O O O 0 0 o o . .

"Hey there, hi there, ho there RACConteurs! For those of you
that don't know me, I'm Pointless Awards Man fresh from my home in limbo
to host this year's RACC Awards Show! Pause for Applause...oops, sorry
folks, I wasn't supposed to read that out loud. Seems like this crowd
gets bigger every year, I can barely see the back of the hall, and
that's without Ben Rawluck's old stable!
"Before we go any further, let me give a big 'shout out' to this
year's musical director -- Allen Covenant and RACC's Most Dangerous
Rhythm Section!"
"SmbndnnngrrHAH! FRRBLR! SHHhh...burp." Bangle, crash, tinkle
thud. Covenant's drunken display, culminating in his crashing through
his drum set is met with a smattering of confused applause before Badge
steps up to the mike.
"Sorry about that PAM. Allen managed to get to the bar before
we realized he was missing. We're pretty sure he can still play
though."
After a moment's thought, Badge added, "And I don't think that was
Latin,
so we shouldn't panic."
"Ok, uh, want to introduce the band? Quickly."
"Right, Allen will be playing drums, I'll be on bass guitar,
and Easily-Discovered Man Lite will be on Maracas."
"He's your singer?"
"Are you _MAD_? Do you _LIKE_ bloody ears? Just the Maracas."
"No guitarist? Keyboardist?"
"No, we'll mostly be exploring some urban and African rhythms,
as well as some free form jazz. AND YOU WILL LIKE IT OR I'LL KILL YOU."
"Perfect for an awards ceremony. At least we can get a drum
roll...in any case without further ado, let me introduce our first
presenter. He's a man sure to get us off to a QUICK start and keep us
on a BRISK pace, a FAST talker and a RAPID study, let's RUSH him out:
FLASH photographer William Lee from OMEGA's _Info_ newsmagazine!"
A flushed asian man seems to hold himself in check as he walks
to the mike. "I don't care what the cue card says, I'm not doing any
speedster jokes." There's a flurry of discarded cue cards before
William speaks again. "And now for the Discretionary Awards, and
there's a few of 'em:"

"First, there's THE 'RUN! HE'S GOT AN AXE TO GRIND!' AWARD for the
most unusual review magazine on RACC. The award is co-presented to
_The Slush Pile_, and _Sweaty Spandex Review_. (Overhead, monitors show
a split screen of Stephen madly typing in the middle of the night and an
empty desk piled high with hate mail and a brass card reading "Paul Han
Wu".)

"Next, we've got the 'THERE USED TO BE AN NTB AROUND HERE SOMEWHERE'
CERTIFICATE, which goes to Saxon Brenton, for his Bluey stories which
delayed NTB being declared dead for another year. (Monitors show a red
headed man, yes in a trench coat, lighting up a cigarette as he walks
away from a burning house.)

"The 'IT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED' AWARD goes to the Saint Doomas team for
the
attempted Cry Apathy crossover." (Monitor's blank.) "And the
follow-up award, 'PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE', which goes to Apathy for winning
the war before the first battle. Uh, I hope we're not going to give
awards
to all the stories that _didn't_ come out this year." Lee looks to
Pointless
Awards Man offstage who is shakes his head in panic.

"Our next award is THE REALLY, IT'S NOT AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS AWARD. The
winner is Tom Russell's "Kewl" Imprint (The Magic Fruitcake and Brunette
ride a motorcycle through the White House hallways.)

"THE GLAD HE'S DOING IT, AND NOT ME AWARD is presented to both Mike
Escutia
for bringing us RACC Presents and Eagle for moderating RACC. (Monitors
show a cartoon rendition of an over muscular "RACC Presents Man"
shepherding many scared kids with OMEGA, LNH, KEWL, MISC T-shirts as an
Eagle bravely keeps a tidal wave of SPAM at bay.)

"Next we have the HARD DRIVE PURGE MEDAL, awarded to Gary Olson for
sharing his entire Superguy history with the RACC community, providing
some great stories, some huuge laughs, and some really daunting fair use
legalese. (Monitors show a hopelessly shadowed fight scene, where
nothing can be made out except a hugely muscled, clumsy man and chaos.)
rACCIE lawyers have digitally blanked out anything that might get the
academy in trouble with SuperGuy's Legal Staff from Hell(tm).

"Also, the 'EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAME, AND IT'S ICHABOD' BEER STEIN goes
to the creator of RACCCAfe, Dave Van Domelen. Just ignore the 'Caution,
drinking from this Stein may cause your head to explode warning, Dave.'"
Laughter echoes through the hall. William looks out, "I don't even know
what that means." Someone sounding suspiciously like Arsenal yells out
"Then c'mon by for Happy Hour!" As the audience laughs, there's a blur
of
black where William is standing and a muted (thump, whuuf) from
Arsenal's
seat.

"Now on to the Academy's Discretionary Awards. THE RABBIT-BREEDERS CUP
for the most prolific writer of '97. Great Gobs of prose only please.
Finalists are Matt Rossi (Cameras pan the audience, catching Tempest
looking
up, flustered among reams of Invasions out takes) Tom Russell (Tom is
standing on his table yelling 'VOTTE FR MEE!' as nearby tables pelt him
with cocktail swords) and Dave Van Domelen (ASH, Dvandom Force and Crazy
Guy cast members for a human pyramid). The winner is MATT ROSSI!!
(Tempest wades through the out takes to get the cup.)

"The IMAGE TESTIMONIAL TIMEPIECE (BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED) goes annually
to the writer whose work is most consistently late. This year's
nominees are Scavenger (Rebel Yell still sits serenely somewhere in the
RACCCafe), Jeff Barnes (the Drizzt stands, gesturing madly to the single
97 issue of TALES OF CONTINUITY) and Michael Friedman (Arvie displays as
much dignity as a husky can when caught on the monitors sniffing Frost's
rear end). The winner is SCAVENGER!! Who, uh, appears to not be here
now..." Lee puts down the gold watch.

"Lastly, THE "SPIDER SPINS!" LITTLE LULU WEB PAGE AWARD is bestowed on
RACC's favorite web page. The finalists this year are Davey Jones'
OMEGA
page (the SEEKERS high five in military precision), the LNH webpage
(Manga Girl turns her upper torso completely backwards in shock, flaps
of schoolgirl uniform flying), and RACC Presents (all imprints start
swaying singing "We Are the World" to an African beat). The winner is
DAVEY JONES' OMEGA PAGE!! (A young man in hard hat and tool belt
modestly collects the award.)

"That's it for me." With a swoosh of air, and a blur of black, Lee
disappears from stage. Pointless Awards Man starts and rushes onto the
empty stage. "Not too SWIFT an exit, was it? In any case, let me
introduce our next presenter. Straight from the year 2941, our very own
ultra-violent alien enforcer, the man who speaks sloppy but is ever
attentive to others' feelings, the incomprehensible Squadman!"

A hulking form in a four armed trench coat slides onto center stage.
His
'head' boils and burbles as he speaks, but the silver translator around
his neck superimposes a cheerful metallic voice over his natural,
menacing
bass gurgle.

"You all interest me, I think. Your applause is less than insulting!
Here, I give out the Spice of Life Awards, can you see? First to hear
is
RACC14, the FAVORITE NEW WRITER. The men at the end are Sean Daugherty
(Brain
Boy and Catalyst Lass wade through the ruins of the LNHHQ), Kieran M.
O'Callaghan (Lawrence gapes as a flying herring cuts down an alien
fungus tree), and Stephen Reid (Captain Victory streaks into the sky
above
cheering reporters). At the very end is KIERAN M. O'CALLAGHAN!!(Allison
and Lawrence start for the stage, but the Red Herring swoops in before
they get there.)

Next to hear is RACC13, the FAVORITE RUNNING GAG. The men at the end
are
Exploding Heads (a jump-cut collage of exploding heads turns opinions
against
the evening's buffet), "It's a man's..." (Liefield's Porpoise runs in
waving
his flippers in panic) and the RACC Cafe (another jump-cut collage of
spit-
takes is well suited get even Cheesecake Eater Lad to stop eating). At
the
very end is EXPLODING HEADS!! (the Infinite Bartenders all stand up to
collect
the award, then explode their heads as one. Many tuxedoes will not be
returned on time.)

Again and further next to hear is RACC12, the BEST FLAMEWAR. The men at
the
end are Let's Kill The LNH! (Some sort of Cabbage Wielder is summarily
ignored)
My Early Work Sucked (a jump-cut collage of pouting old-timers) and
You Have Greatly Misunderstood The Purpose Of RACCCafe (some sort of
Cabbage
Wielder is summarily ignored.) At the very end is LET'S KILL THE LNH!!
(The
Cabbage Wielder mounts the stage, gestures dramatically, and forces all
the
LNHers to commit suicide only they don't. He sheepishly gets his award
and
walks off.)

Final and next to hear is RACC11, MOST IMPROVED AUTHOR. The men at the
end
are Byron Molix (a shadowy commander commands a star ship above Graves'
World), Ben Rawluk (Lurker Lad and LNHers confront the LooniEarth-B
prophets of doom in the conference room), and Stephen Reid (H.E.L.P.
battles
in a junk yard). At the very end is STEPHEN REID!! (H.E.L.P. applauds
vigorously as Captain Victory swoops to the stage with a grin.) "My
fragrance has inconvenienced you to the utmost, and now I regret it. If
we meet later I will cook you something!" The four arms reproduce a
stiff obscene gesture.

Pointless Awards Man gives the obviously irate alien a wide berth in
retaking the podium. "How about that ladies and gentlemen? Let's give
the big lug a hand. Thank god for polite translator engineers. We're
well
and fully into the meat of the evening..uh geez, did the same guy do the
microphones here? Our next presenter is a game addition to our
festivities,
heck he's the gamiest. Let's give a warm welcome to the Mystic Avenger
that
no one wants for Christmas -- the Magic Fruitcake!"

In a motion that can neither be explained nor visualized a fruitcake
with no legs walks to the stage. Then, with no hands, mouth, or other
visible organs, proceeds to read from cue cards. "Hey folks! Great to
be hear. Want to here a joke?" A resounding "NO!" quickly gets the
Fruitcake back on track. "Ok, then let's start giving out the Big
Picture Awards.

"For RACC10, this year's FAVORITE NET.PERSONALITY, the finelists are
Russ
'Eagle' Allbery (the Eagle still holds back the SPAM wave), Cornelius
Goetz
von Olenhusen (Super villains talk things over in a LNH holding cell)
and Matt
'Badger' Rossi (spotlight on the World's Most Dangerous Rhythm
Section). The
winner is MATT ROSSI!! (The bass starts thumping out 'Money' while the
drums
and maracas do god knows what. The fruitcake pitches the award into the
orchestra pit, momentarily silencing the drums.)

"RACC9, FAVORITE ACRAPHOBE OFFERING is nixt. This year's finalists are
Guttertrash (superheroes hunt each other on rooftops), Invasions (aerial
shot
of the Tisiradron in full swing) and Tales of the American Dream (a
young Dame Fortune sits soaked, and watches as a boy runs from her
basement). The winner is GUTTERTRASH!! (Goldmine walks on-stage, opens
his
mouth, shakes his head, then walks off again.)

Our next award is RACC8, the FAVORITE COMEDY OR PARODY. Finalests are
F.I.S.H. Force (the COSMIC WHIM's disembodied head argues with Allison
while Lawrence vomits beneath them), Net.Vigilante #8 (Bertie Wooster
sips a
cocktail in a profoundly unsettling vest), Refugees of Net.ropolis (Mojo
dog
and Loopy run down the LNHHQ halls) and Writer's Block Woman and Mouse
(WBW,
Plotline Lad and Topper fight a Spectral Harpy in the Big Red). The
winner is
WRITER'S BLOCK WOMAN AND MOUSE!! (WBW drags her daughter by the hand to
the
stage. She gets the award, then Mouse drags her off before she can
start an
emotional acceptance speech.)

"And finally, RACC7, the FAVERITE UNIVERSE. Finalists are the LNH
(Cheesecake-Eater Lad returns from the dead), OMEGA (a fleet of Harrakin
warships swarms above the Earth) and TAD (Doctor Dark Justice looks
slightly maniacal as New Argus burns). The winner is...can this be
right?"
The Fruitcake looks offstage, and PAM nods his confirmation. The winner
is
OMEGA!! (Danny Anderson carries his daughter to the stage to accept the
award. The room is psionically filled with his gratitude)

"That's it for me, see you soon!" The Fruitcake waves in a way that
completely fails to account for his lack of limbs. "How about it
folks? Let's give a round of applause to those malleable laws of
physics! Well, you thought there've been surprises to date, let's have
our final presenter take us home with the even-more-shocking Capstone
Awards. Put your hands together if you will, straight from SuperGuy,
don't call her 'Kisses', Adventure Girl!"

A pleasant, sincere blond walks up to the mike sporting a fabulous gown
with no cape. "Thanks, is this on? Thanks everyone. Let's not crank
the suspense up further than it needs to be. RACC6 is the FAVORITE
SINGLE ISSUE award. This year's finalists are the Alt.Riders Christmas
Special #1 (the Alt.Riders ride around Rome in Morph following a star),
Guttertrash #9 (a tower of frozen bodies comes tumbling down),
Invasions #5 (Dan Rather vaporizes on camera), and Net.Vigilante #8
(Bertie continues sipping his cocktail as fish-faced underdwellers look
on). This year's winner is GUTTERTRASH #9!! (Goldmine again mounts the
stage, gets the award, shakes his head and leaves.)

"I'm not sure how to handle this one, the two nominees for RACC5,
FAVORITE
CROSSOVER were Invasions and N.W.O. 2012. The winner is INVASIONS!!
(Tempest and Tarot get the award hand-in-hand and wave to the still
jubilant
OMEGA section.)

"The next award is RACC4, the FAVORITE ARC. The finalists are
Beginnings
(Saint Sebastion guns down John Lennon), A Question of Faith (Allen's
friends
confront him in dream-time) and Summer Sweeps (the Eye of Justice speaks
in
seated silhouette in a TV studio.) The winner is BEGINNINGS!! (Captain
Ker-Blam! flies on-stage, flashes the V-for-Victory, allows himself a
smug
smirk, then flies off).

"Wow, great results! RACC3, the FAVORITE MINI-SERIES finalists are
Battery
(an armored hero devastates Dynamax Atlanta), Invasions (A party of
Omegas
stalks the immortals under the Pyrenees) and Trux 2: Trux Harder (a
stuffed raccoon grumbles on a snow-bound plane) And the winner is
INVASIONS!!
(Threll whirs up to the stage with a decided mechanical limp, but waves
his compadres.)

"Keeping us moving, RACC2, this year's FAVORITE SERIES. The finalists
are
Dvandom Force (VAXX, Lynk and Shane run through the old world halls of
Castle Umlaut), Guttertrash (superheroes issue from missile tubes as
space
cruisers do battle) and Legacy (the Paint Crew run from two Harrakin
invaders
as the Capital Mall is decimated). The winner is GUTTERTRASH!!
(Goldmine
just shakes his head all the way to the stage and back.)

"And our last one tonight, RACC1, the FAVORITE AUTHOR award. The
finalists
are Jeff McCoskey (the scales-and-eyeball logo is rendered in dark
office
windows on a glowing Atlanta skyline), Matt Rossi (Eric broods on the
Harrakin throne), Marc Singer (the OMEGA House teens earnestly act out a
play
on a high school stage) and Dave Van Domelen (Kid Pocky stares longingly
at Kat, who resolutely ignores his gaze). The winner is MARC SINGER!
(Anne
Benson and Tom Morgan run to the stage in overjoyed shock.)
Congratulations
Marc and everyone, and thanks for having me!"

Pointless Awards Man shakes AG's hand as he resumes center stage.
"Well,
hard to believe another year's awards are behind us. Great job
and congratulations all the winners, finalists and nominees. We had
more universes than ever enter this year, so let's keep that fabulous
growth going. Remember there's an informal reception at the RACCCafe,
heads optional, open till the last one leaves. Or dies. Drive
carefully,
and thanks for a great year! Allen take us out with some rhythm work,
or
jazz, or drunken ramblings or something will you?"

As heroes file out of the Net, Andre Condon runs in. "Did I win
the
TIMEPIECE this year?"
"No, we're looking for Scav..."
"Oh, he's about a half hour behind me."

. . o o 0 0 O O O O O 0 0 o o . .

THE 1997 rACCIE WINNERS

RACC1 -- Favorite Author Marc Singer
RACC2 -- Favorite Series Guttertrash
RACC3 -- Favorite Mini Invasions
RACC4 -- Favorite Arc Beginnings (TAD 10-14)
RACC5 -- Favorite Crossover Invasions
RACC6 -- Favorite Issue Guttertrash #9
RACC7 -- Favorite Universe OMEGA
RACC8 -- Favorite Comedy Writer's Block Woman and Mouse
RACC9 -- Favorite Acraphobe Guttertrash
RACC10 -- Favorite Net.personality Matt 'Badger' Rossi
RACC11 -- Most Improved Stephen Reid
RACC12 -- Best Flamewar Let's Kill The LNH!
RACC13 -- Favorite Running Gag Exploding Heads
RACC14 -- Favorite New Writer Kieran M. O'Callaghan

RABBIT-BREEDERS CUP Matt Rossi
IMAGE TIMEPIECE Scavenger
LITTLE LULU WEBPAGE Davey Jones' OMEGA page

Jeff McCoskey

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

TIFFER003

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

This was said:

>"Also, the 'EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAME, AND IT'S ICHABOD' BEER STEIN goes
>to the creator of RACCCAfe, Dave Van Domelen. Just ignore the

Actually, Cornelius created the RACCCafe. Dave just made it reality and laid
down the ground rules. Just telling you, that's all.

Thor!

I don't have a quote.

Stephen Reid

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

Jeff McCoskey <jjm...@SORRYRUSS.home.com> wrote:

> o o o o o o o o o o o
> o The 1997 o
> o o (4th Annual) o o
> o o o rACCIE AWARDS o o o
> o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Wow. Cool. An award. Well, I don't know what the protocol is, but I guess
I'm allowed to say thanks publicly - so thanks, everyone. Most improved
author, huh? Damn, that means I have to be at least as good as my later
stuff this year... although I'd like to think it's more 'most improved
series'. But enough. Oh, and it was interesting to see Helen as the initial
anchor; although, Jeff, she'd never do it in HELP. :)

Cheers folks

--
..Stephen, who says come visit http://members.aol.com/writeruk/newtroy/

MEscutia

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

Hey, I actually won something this year! Well, it was a
Discretionary Award, but still, it was something. :)

(Actually, I won something in the ACCies this year, too. Who
do you think came up with the Looniversal Answering
Machine? :)

Thanks to everyone who voted for RP!

-Mike
Wishing AIH had at least been nominated...

Mike Escutia - mesc...@aol.com - er...@eyrie.org
http://www.eyrie.org/~ergh/

Tony Pi

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

The Academy of Super-Heroes Universe asks:

Who are

BURNOUT
LABYRINTHE
PERYTON
REBUS
SULTRY
CONFLICTO
and TRITON,

and what is their secret agenda?

Find out their connection to the Conclave,
the Ankh Killer, STRAFE and more
in

CONCLAVE OF SUPER-VILLAINS #2: THE DEADLY SEVEN,

coming soon!

Marc Singer

Feb 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/10/98

Wow.

...Wow.

"Overjoyed shock," which Jeff ascribed to my characters at the rACCIE
awards ceremony, pretty much describes my reaction too when I read the
good news. So forgive me if this sounds pompous, but I'd really like to
thank everyone who thought I deserved the Best Author rACCIE. Last year's
stories were a lot of hard work, but I was more satisfied than ever when
I'd done them, and it's nice to get this kind of outside acknowledgement.
In fact, it re-encourages me about all of my RACC work. And the award
means a lot more to me considering the exceptional competition, as those
much-deserved awards for Guttertrash, TAD, and the rest show.

Thanks again, guys.

Hmm, now I feel like I should close with some Stan-Lee-esque tagline.
"Keep on RACCin"? (No, that makes me picture Jeff McCoskey truckin'
along, flashing a peace sign in full R. Crumb mode.) "RACCCelsior"?
"RACCSploitation"? "RACCum Frackum"?

Marc

Jamie Rosen

Feb 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/10/98

Marc Singer (ma...@wam.umd.edu) writes:

> Hmm, now I feel like I should close with some Stan-Lee-esque tagline.
> "Keep on RACCin"? (No, that makes me picture Jeff McCoskey truckin'
> along, flashing a peace sign in full R. Crumb mode.) "RACCCelsior"?
> "RACCSploitation"? "RACCum Frackum"?

How about "Let's RACC and roll!"

Man, that sounded a lot better before I wrote it down.

--
Jamie Rosen - author on rec.arts.comics.creative, and apologist everywhere
else

"Star Trek and Pooh are two very different things." - Victorya Meghan Roberts

Peter J. Milan

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

On 10 Feb 1998 18:44:21 -0000 dq...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Jamie Rosen)
writes:

>Marc Singer (ma...@wam.umd.edu) writes:
>>
>> Hmm, now I feel like I should close with some Stan-Lee-esque
>tagline.
>> "Keep on RACCin"? (No, that makes me picture Jeff McCoskey truckin'
>> along, flashing a peace sign in full R. Crumb mode.) "RACCCelsior"?
>> "RACCSploitation"? "RACCum Frackum"?
>
>How about "Let's RACC and roll!"

"RACC Me Like A Hurricane"?
"RACC Off"?
"Rocket RACCoon"?
"RACCet To The Crypt"?
"Ranger RACC"?
"You RACC Me"? (courtesy Rob Rogers)
or,my personal favorite...
"Hey...Nice RACC."

Later,
Pete

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Cabbage Wielding Angel of Death

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

Peter J. Milan wrote:

> "RACC Me Like A Hurricane"?
> "RACC Off"?
> "Rocket RACCoon"?
> "RACCet To The Crypt"?
> "Ranger RACC"?
> "You RACC Me"? (courtesy Rob Rogers)
> or,my personal favorite...
> "Hey...Nice RACC."

You guys are sure RACCing it in. (D'oh!)