Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

Wanted: White ink tattoo artist in the San Francisco area?

21 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

The-Trainers

da leggere,
30 gen 2001, 18:13:4430/01/01
My wife wants a white ink tattoo on the back of her neck, for starters,
it would be her first tatt.

We saw a woman who had one there in white and we both liked it, so I am
relenting my mis-givings about her getting a tatt and I have even drawn
some possible designs.

Any ideas of designs would be welcome as well.

If anyone has on-line pictures of white tatts, that would also be helpful.

Anyway, we would like to find an artist who is anal-rententive about
total sanitary conditions and experianced with white ink tatts.

She also wants one above her genital region where the public hair
grows (when it's not being shaved that is), so it would be nice if
the artist has experiance in that region as well.

Any suggestions for such "clean-freak" artists with white-ink experiance
in the San Francisco to San Jose California area?

She got her nipple peircings at the Gauntlet in the Castro Dist.
of San Francisco, but I don't think they do tatts?

By the way, how does one take a pencil drawing and make it ready for
the artist to use?

What I am doing now is to draw well over-size and then use the copier
to reduce it to the proper size to fit the area. But I don't really
know what an artist will be expecting to be given for a custom design.

What does the artist do with a custom design on paper?

Do they free-hand it? Or do they have a process to make a template?

Please clue us in, thanks.

What I have drawn are pretty clear simple line-drawings depicting
something of.... intimate interest to us.
The drawings do not require shading-in.

Thanks for any ideas and info.

Mike Trainer
Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,
NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2000.
Now voting ONLY on the issue of protecting my right to keep and bear
arms 2000.

AngieK

da leggere,
30 gen 2001, 19:03:4430/01/01
On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:13:44 -0800, The-Trainers <trai...@best.com>
wrote:

>What I have drawn are pretty clear simple line-drawings depicting
>something of.... intimate interest to us.

it's a tribal representation of gerbils, isn't it?

I won't tell anyone...

>Thanks for any ideas and info.

I don't have any white ink tattoos, nor do I know any artists
personally in your area.
A good artist will work from whatever you bring in in whatever way he
deems appropriate to acheive the tattoo she desires.

>Mike Trainer
>Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
>Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,
>NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2000.
>Now voting ONLY on the issue of protecting my right to keep and bear
>arms 2000.

oh... and yer sig file, though unique is TMI and a bit long.

ok... i'm all out of info and ideas now.

good luck.

---Angie a.k.a. D-Strss (pull teeth to reply)
"I am beginning to believe your annoyance is
something you look for."
-Kavin Taylor 21 Jan 2001 23:17:52

The-Trainers

da leggere,
30 gen 2001, 19:24:3030/01/01
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, AngieK wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:13:44 -0800, The-Trainers <trai...@best.com>
> wrote:

> >What I have drawn are pretty clear simple line-drawings depicting
> >something of.... intimate interest to us.

> it's a tribal representation of gerbils, isn't it?

No, an idealised and slightly out of proportioned drawing
of a female genital pierce called:
triangle

For SOME reason or other.... ;-)

It looks like an abstract to anyone who has not seen such a pierce.

> I won't tell anyone...

Good, then I don't have to kill you. ;-)

> >Thanks for any ideas and info.

> I don't have any white ink tattoos, nor do I know any artists
> personally in your area.

Dang, are you even in my area?

> A good artist will work from whatever you bring in in whatever way he
> deems appropriate to acheive the tattoo she desires.

Uh, ok, but how exactly do they work?

> >Mike Trainer
> >Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
> >Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,
> >NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2000.
> >Now voting ONLY on the issue of protecting my right to keep and bear
> >arms 2000.

> oh... and yer sig file, though unique is TMI and a bit long.

"TMI"? Too Much Info? I could have included our sexual interests too...

Heck, it's not even got half what I would like it to say.

i'll teach you to turn away.

da leggere,
30 gen 2001, 19:51:4930/01/01
The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
T> My wife wants a white ink tattoo on the back of her neck, for starters,
T> it would be her first tatt.

sheesh. you have a LOT of questions. read the faq. try
http://www.rabbithole.org.

white ink has a tendency to turn yellow. it's all about what color
undertones your skin has.

check for artists at http://compunction.dyndns.org/tattoos.html.

lish
cr...@santacruz.org
31.6% / 26

The-Trainers

da leggere,
30 gen 2001, 20:10:5530/01/01
On 31 Jan 2001, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:

> The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
> T> My wife wants a white ink tattoo on the back of her neck, forstarters,
> T> it would be her first tatt.

> sheesh. you have a LOT of questions. read the faq. try
> http://www.rabbithole.org.

How else does one learn quickly?

Thanks, I shall.

> white ink has a tendency to turn yellow. it's all about what color
> undertones your skin has.

The one we saw was on a woman fairly similar in skin-tone to my wife,
at least in that area and it looked fine, but was not obvious at first
glance. We did not even see it untill we were all in bed and...

ooops, sharing too much again... ;-)

Anyway, the low-profile, the ability to have it with most people not
even noticeing it is an important point for us. And when she grows her
hair out long again, it will be prettyy much unseen except by us,
sort of like a "private" location tatt hidden in plain sight....

Also the way you have to look at the pattern for a bit to really see it
fully, fits our nature pretty well too.

Thanks.

> lish
> cr...@santacruz.org
> 31.6% / 26

Mike Trainer

Tabaqui

da leggere,
30 gen 2001, 22:04:1430/01/01

The-Trainers wrote:

> > A good artist will work from whatever you bring in in whatever way he
> > deems appropriate to acheive the tattoo she desires.
>
> Uh, ok, but how exactly do they work?

Well, basically, if the tattooist you go to is also an
artist, they will take your design, clean it up and
eliminate anything that won't really 'work' for a tattoo
(for instance, if you had a design of tiny little ants
crawling around with little feelers and legs on a slice of
fruit, they would tell you 'all those tiny legs and feelers
are gonna be blobs'), and they will look at where it's going
and size it. They may have suggestions, they may not want
to do it. It will pay for you AND your wife to go to
different artists in your area and explain what you want.
Look at the portfolios and make sure you actually like what
you see. Talk to the artist who will be doing the piece and
make sure you are comfortable with them, and DON'T go in 'on
a budget' because you get what you pay for, and since she
will be taking this to the grave, money really shouldn't be
much of an object.

Good luck!

TQ

Sara

da leggere,
30 gen 2001, 23:32:5530/01/01
On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, The-Trainers wrote:

> If anyone has on-line pictures of white tatts, that would also be helpful.

I have a picture of mine at http://iam.bmezine.com/?saram

I had some trouble finding a competant local artist who would do a white
ink tattoo. I settled for less than the best and got a little screwed, but
I still love it. I have since found a few people (alas, not in your area)
who do white like I want it. It may be hard to find an artist who is
experienced with all-white work, since it's not that common. But some
artists use a lot of white in some of their pieces (hi Cat), and lay it
well, and you can get an idea of their skill from that.

Be forewarned that white ink may not show up pure white, and that the
color it looks can depend on the shade of your skin. Over time, especially
with regular exposure to the sun, it can discolor. My piece is more
off-white in some areas, and whiter in others (and greyish-blue in a
couple of spots probably because of the tattooist). It's often harder to
get good white results than with other colors.

> By the way, how does one take a pencil drawing and make it ready for
> the artist to use?

If the tattooist is really an "artist," (s)he will take your sketch and
ideas and turn them into a design which is tattooable and which everyone
is happy with. Other tattooists less involved in the design process will
often take your sketch, trace it or xerox it, and make a transfer for
tattooing.

> What I am doing now is to draw well over-size and then use the copier
> to reduce it to the proper size to fit the area. But I don't really
> know what an artist will be expecting to be given for a custom design.

That is a terrific start.

> What does the artist do with a custom design on paper?

They turn it into a tattoo! :D

> Do they free-hand it? Or do they have a process to make a template?

It depends on the design and the artist. I have seen both.

> Mike Trainer
> Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
> Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,
> NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2000.
> Now voting ONLY on the issue of protecting my right to keep and bear
> arms 2000.

You get four lines, Mike. :)

Sara

--
saram AT wam.umd.edu, RANA-85
http://iam.bmezine.com/?saram

.

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 00:26:2731/01/01
The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:

>> oh... and yer sig file, though unique is TMI and a bit long.

> "TMI"? Too Much Info? I could have included our sexual interests too...

> Heck, it's not even got half what I would like it to say.

Sig file no more than four lines! No soup for you!

-----.

i'll teach you to turn away.

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 00:54:0831/01/01
The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:

T> On 31 Jan 2001, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> sheesh. you have a LOT of questions. read the faq. try
T> How else does one learn quickly?

by doing research on your own before relying on others. a
websearch would've quickly turned up BME & RAB's website.

T> The one we saw was on a woman fairly similar in skin-tone to my wife,
T> at least in that area and it looked fine, but was not obvious at first

don't count on that. i'm very white-pale, & the whitework on my
leg is still yellowish. it's so not-white that i may have it covered... if
patrick ever makes it to my state, damnit.

T> glance. We did not even see it untill we were all in bed and...
T> ooops, sharing too much again... ;-)

psst. threesomes really don't impress anyone here. that's better
kept to yourself.

T> Anyway, the low-profile, the ability to have it with most people not
T> even noticeing it is an important point for us. And when she grows her

instead of white, perhaps consider a color similar to any light
birthmarks she may have.

CatBones

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 01:29:5231/01/01
"." wrote:

> Sig file no more than four lines! No soup for you!

Heheh - I haven't been getting soup since I arrived.
But then I don't personally like that rule and boycott it based on my
freedom of artistic expression. =P

cheers!

Cat
---
oO$8$Oo.,oo,.oO$$88$Oo
8$:` .8$$8. ';8$'
8$. ,8$ $8, :8$
`8$$..8$o..o$8..;8$
http://www.catbones.com/
http://www.acid.org/

Nina Baltes

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 04:13:1031/01/01

The-Trainers schrieb:

> If anyone has on-line pictures of white tatts, that would also be helpful.

http://www.worldsend.ch/pages/tattoo/genziana/genziana.html

Nina
--
http://chaotropic.net
C'est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot.

B. Pilgrim

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 04:40:1531/01/01

"The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com>
Christ - Politically Incorrect newsgroup nightmares all over again...

> Any ideas of designs would be welcome as well.

A winged penis hovering above the White House, snorting coke (in honor of our
last two Presidents).

> She also wants one above her genital region where the public hair
> grows (when it's not being shaved that is), so it would be nice if
> the artist has experiance in that region as well.

A decent artist will be able tow rok anywhere on the body...

> By the way, how does one take a pencil drawing and make it ready for
> the artist to use?

Hand it to them. They should be able to handle it from there.

> Do they free-hand it? Or do they have a process to make a template?

Yes. Some kind of transfer process, as far as I understand.

> The drawings do not require shading-in.

Specifically look for someone adept at fine-line drawings, then.

> Thanks for any ideas and info.
>
> Mike Trainer
> Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
> Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,
> NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2000.
> Now voting ONLY on the issue of protecting my right to keep and bear
> arms 2000.

Right.

Somebody pass me another Three Wise Men.

Lee Thompson-Herbert

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 06:20:5631/01/01
In article <9589a0$gflin$3...@ID-56799.news.dfncis.de>,

i'll teach you to turn away. <cr...@santacruz.org> wrote:
>The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
>T> On 31 Jan 2001, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
[...]

>T> The one we saw was on a woman fairly similar in skin-tone to my wife,
>T> at least in that area and it looked fine, but was not obvious at first
>
> don't count on that. i'm very white-pale, & the whitework on my
>leg is still yellowish. it's so not-white that i may have it covered... if
>patrick ever makes it to my state, damnit.
>[...]

> instead of white, perhaps consider a color similar to any light
>birthmarks she may have.

Putting a drop of blue in the white ink at least partially counteracts
the problem. But it'll all depend on how pale your skin actually is.
My white tattoos are just barely off-white, and that looks chalk white
unless I wear a white shirt. But since I never wear white if I can avoid
it, that doesn't happen too often.

My artist is good with white ink, but he won't do a totally white piece
(white outline and all). It's his opinion that white outlines don't
resist blurring as much as black. He might be right, he really had
to work the nasty, thick white pigment in to get a good color.

--
Lee M.Thompson-Herbert KD6WUR l...@retro.com
Head Muso, White Rats Morris

Marie22ecw

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 09:59:0831/01/01
Regarding the white ink, I recently had my four dogs tattooed on me. All but
one of them are predominately white. I have had the white re-done, but it's
still not as "there" as the other colors. I knew this getting the tattoo, that
it might not hold as well, but outside of getting the dogs done in black, I had
no choice. Keep this in mind.

Marie

i'll teach you to turn away.

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 10:03:1631/01/01
B. Pilgrim <mr_kilgoretrout@(notthis)hotmail.com> wrote:
B P> A decent artist will be able tow rok anywhere on the body...

untrue. some artists have always worked in shops that disallow
facial & hand tattoos, therefore they have no experience with that thin
skin. i personally know terrific artists that are best left to the softer
areas of the body simply because the amount of shading & overlapping work
they put into a piece isn't feasible to have over an ankle.

granted the nape & pubic regions aren't that bizarre as to warrant
a special search for an artist, your statement remains incorrect.

Siobhan

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 12:11:0731/01/01
"The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote in message

> She also wants one above her genital region where the public hair

^^^^^^

Your wife is the friendly type, I take it?

*snicker* Sorry, bad joke.

Siobhan

--
"She's well liked among class-mates of both sexes. And yet, strangely, she
turns my stomach."

CatBones

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 12:29:4531/01/01
Lee Thompson-Herbert wrote:

> My artist is good with white ink, but he won't do a totally white piece
> (white outline and all). It's his opinion that white outlines don't
> resist blurring as much as black. He might be right, he really had
> to work the nasty, thick white pigment in to get a good color.

It's not whether white "blurs" or not, it doesn't migrate once it's put
in any worse than other colors.. it's just that it's not as stark a
contrast as darker colors and so it appears to be less distinct on the
edges and in the small details.

A capable tattooist can do an all white tattoo.
There isn't a lot of demand, and a lot of artists know that people will
be coming back with their slightly off-white tattoo (since you're
looking down through the skin to see the white pigment, you're seeing
your own body's melanin in the skin as well so a light "creme" color is
the best that many people's skin will show, unless we're talking albino
skin or damn near to it..)

regards,

The-Trainers

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 13:24:3631/01/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Siobhan wrote:

> "The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote in message
> > She also wants one above her genital region where the public hair
>
> ^^^^^^

> Your wife is the friendly type, I take it?

Well, yes, but how do you infer that from what I wrote?

> *snicker* Sorry, bad joke.

I didn't get it.

> Siobhan

The-Trainers

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 13:31:3731/01/01
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, B. Pilgrim wrote:

> "The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com>
> Christ - Politically Incorrect newsgroup nightmares all over again...

And, Pilgrim, this is PI because?

> >wrote in message
> > Any ideas of designs would be welcome as well.

> A winged penis hovering above the White House, snorting coke (in honor of our
> last two Presidents).

Sounds way to complicated, besides, it has nothing to do with our lives,
nor is it just an abstract or even a tribal.

> > She also wants one above her genital region where the public hair
> > grows (when it's not being shaved that is), so it would be nice if
> > the artist has experiance in that region as well.

> A decent artist will be able tow rok anywhere on the body...

Assuming they are allowed in their shop, I assume. I know some places have
policies against certain types or locations.

> > By the way, how does one take a pencil drawing and make it ready for
> > the artist to use?

> Hand it to them. They should be able to handle it from there.

Ok, do I have to give it to them at 1:1 size? Or can they handle my
over-sized original drawing?

> > Do they free-hand it? Or do they have a process to make a template?

> Yes. Some kind of transfer process, as far as I understand.

Ah, then it would have to be 1:1 size.

> > The drawings do not require shading-in.

> Specifically look for someone adept at fine-line drawings, then.

Ok, but the lines are fairly thick, just no shading-in of areas.

> > Thanks for any ideas and info.
> >
> > Mike Trainer
> > Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
> > Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,
> > NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2000.
> > Now voting ONLY on the issue of protecting my right to keep and bear
> > arms 2000.

> Right.

That's ->RIGHTS<- actually.

> Somebody pass me another Three Wise Men.

Sorry, we don't have any to spare.

The-Trainers

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 13:36:2131/01/01
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Nina Baltes wrote:

> The-Trainers schrieb:
>
> > If anyone has on-line pictures of white tatts, that would also be helpful.
>
> http://www.worldsend.ch/pages/tattoo/genziana/genziana.html

Very interesting effect of those white-lines tatts, especially under the
chin. Thanks.

> Nina

The-Trainers

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 13:39:1731/01/01
On 31 Jan 2001, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:

> The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
> T> On 31 Jan 2001, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> > sheesh. you have a LOT of questions. read the faq. try
> T> How else does one learn quickly?
>
> by doing research on your own before relying on others. a
> websearch would've quickly turned up BME & RAB's website.

Ok,

> T> The one we saw was on a woman fairly similar in skin-tone to my wife,
> T> at least in that area and it looked fine, but was not obvious at first
>
> don't count on that. i'm very white-pale, & the whitework on my
> leg is still yellowish. it's so not-white that i may have it covered...

Hmmm, I guess we will just have to wait and see then.

> if patrick ever makes it to my state, damnit.

"patrick"? Your prefered expert?

> T> Anyway, the low-profile, the ability to have it with most people not
> T> even noticeing it is an important point for us. And when she grows her
>
> instead of white, perhaps consider a color similar to any light
> birthmarks she may have.

I don't think she would like that as much as the white, even if it went
off-white.

The-Trainers

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 13:40:1431/01/01

That's ok, I am not a big soup fan anyway.

S. MacNeil

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 13:45:4531/01/01

"The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote in message

Okay, what part of your typo 'public' instead of 'pubic' are you missing? Or
does your wife indeed only have 'public' hair?

Do you know Albert Jeffries? He's a genius tattooer.... you might meet him
on the short bus someday... you can introduce him to your wife, then.

S.

The-Trainers

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 13:50:3231/01/01
On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Sara wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, The-Trainers wrote:
>
> > If anyone has on-line pictures of white tatts, that would also be helpful.
>
> I have a picture of mine at http://iam.bmezine.com/?saram

Yep. I saw that one, hard to tell from the photo though.

> I had some trouble finding a competant local artist who would do a white
> ink tattoo. I settled for less than the best and got a little screwed,

That's always sad.

> but
> I still love it. I have since found a few people (alas, not in your area)

Dang, how about in Oregon or Nevada?

> who do white like I want it. It may be hard to find an artist who is
> experienced with all-white work, since it's not that common. But some
> artists use a lot of white in some of their pieces (hi Cat), and lay it
> well, and you can get an idea of their skill from that.

I see.

> Be forewarned that white ink may not show up pure white, and that the

We have seen one close-up and we thought it looked just fine.

> color it looks can depend on the shade of your skin. Over time, especially
> with regular exposure to the sun, it can discolor.

We'll keep that in mind.

> My piece is more
> off-white in some areas, and whiter in others (and greyish-blue in a
> couple of spots probably because of the tattooist). It's often harder to
> get good white results than with other colors.

Sad to hear, it looks so .... right.

> > By the way, how does one take a pencil drawing and make it ready for
> > the artist to use?

> If the tattooist is really an "artist," (s)he will take your sketch and
> ideas and turn them into a design which is tattooable and which everyone
> is happy with.

Sounds good, still seeking a referance for an artist though.

> Other tattooists less involved in the design process will
> often take your sketch, trace it or xerox it, and make a transfer for
> tattooing.

With the design that I am leaning towards that would be fine, it's a
pretty clear and clean thick-line drawing.

> > What I am doing now is to draw well over-size and then use the copier
> > to reduce it to the proper size to fit the area. But I don't really
> > know what an artist will be expecting to be given for a custom design.

> That is a terrific start.

Thanks, I was just guessing on how to proceed.

> > What does the artist do with a custom design on paper?

> They turn it into a tattoo! :D

LOL, that much I figured, but how was the question.

> > Do they free-hand it? Or do they have a process to make a template?

> It depends on the design and the artist. I have seen both.

Opinions on which gets better results?

> > Mike Trainer
> > Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
> > Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,
> > NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2000.
> > Now voting ONLY on the issue of protecting my right to keep and bear
> > arms 2000.

> You get four lines, Mike. :)

Including your name, yours is longer than that as well, mine is only
longer by the last two words.

Is the below mod better, it's justmy name and four lines.

> Sara
>
> --
> saram AT wam.umd.edu, RANA-85
> http://iam.bmezine.com/?saram
> [make my address kosher to reply]
> Go to my iam page to bid on a piece of me!

Mike Trainer

Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,
NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2000. Now voting
ONLY on the issue of protecting my right to keep and bear arms 2000.

Is that better?

The-Trainers

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 13:55:4131/01/01
On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Tabaqui wrote:

> The-Trainers wrote:
> > > A good artist will work from whatever you bring in in whatever way he
> > > deems appropriate to acheive the tattoo she desires.

> > Uh, ok, but how exactly do they work?

> Well, basically, if the tattooist you go to is also an
> artist, they will take your design, clean it up and
> eliminate anything that won't really 'work' for a tattoo

I think my thick-line drawing should be fine, no real detail, just
curved thick lines and circles and arcs.

> (for instance, if you had a design of tiny little ants
> crawling around with little feelers and legs on a slice of

Yeeeeesh, we get enough ants at the house as it is, she would hate that!

> fruit, they would tell you 'all those tiny legs and feelers
> are gonna be blobs'), and they will look at where it's going
> and size it. They may have suggestions, they may not want
> to do it.

Yeah, I was afraid that finding someone with white-ink experiance would be
a pain or they may not want to try a 100% white-ink tatt.

> It will pay for you AND your wife to go to
> different artists in your area and explain what you want.

I guess it's leg-work then.

> Look at the portfolios and make sure you actually like what
> you see. Talk to the artist who will be doing the piece and
> make sure you are comfortable with them, and DON'T go in 'on
> a budget' because you get what you pay for,

Of course, the cost is of little importance here.

> and since she
> will be taking this to the grave, money really shouldn't be
> much of an object.

It won't be.

> Good luck!

Thanks, but I still have no reccomendations, I guess we will just
have to go through the yellow pages one by one.

See, 4 lines.

Nikki

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 13:49:4431/01/01

"The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote

> Ok, do I have to give it to them at 1:1 size? Or can they handle my
> over-sized original drawing?

No, most (well, every artist I've ever been to. I assume the rest do too.)
will have a photocopier.

--
~Nikki
<insert witty sig here>

mimp

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 14:00:2731/01/01
In article <Pine.BSF.4.21.010131...@shell11.ba.best.com>,

The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Siobhan wrote:
>
> > "The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote in message
> > > She also wants one above her genital region where the public hair
> >
> > ^^^^^^
>
> > Your wife is the friendly type, I take it?
>
> Well, yes, but how do you infer that from what I wrote?
>
> > *snicker* Sorry, bad joke.
>
> I didn't get it.

I think it *might* have to do with the typo "public" hair in your message. :
) Although, Siobhan is one of those wacky Australians, just be lucky she
didn't tell you to get your bonce out of your corridor...or something like
that. : D

mimp

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Nightwyng

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 18:51:3331/01/01

The-Trainers wrote:
> Mike Trainer
> Liberal Gun-owner

Wow. You and me are the only two I've met.
-NW

i'll teach you to turn away.

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 20:21:3731/01/01
The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
T> On 31 Jan 2001, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> if patrick ever makes it to my state, damnit.
T> "patrick"? Your prefered expert?

i gave patrick cornolo half of my left calf.

he's preferred, but only as much as most others on my list, & less
than those marked as such.

he's a great guy, though.

i'll teach you to turn away.

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 20:24:2631/01/01
The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:

T> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Sara wrote:
> > Do they free-hand it? Or do they have a process to make a template?
> It depends on the design and the artist. I have seen both.
T> Opinions on which gets better results?

i've found that if a design is drawn directly onto the body, it
tends to flow better than if a stencil is applied. this, of course,
doesn't matter for your standard 3" square tattoo - i'm talking about the
big stuff.

but then again, it's mostly the artist. my backpiece was laid on
with a stencil because of how the original looks, & i don't think anyone
would say it doesn't fit my body perfectly.

Siobhan

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 21:06:3931/01/01

:
> ) Although, Siobhan is one of those wacky Australians, just be lucky she
> didn't tell you to get your bonce out of your corridor...or something like
> that. : D

Yeah, wacky damn Australians.

*snort* Ew. Anyway, I think that guy's a man, thus he doesn't have a
"corridor" (that show's not on anymore *sigh*). Though I s'pose if his
gender doesn't match his sex, he could have....never mind.

Sioban, bouncing her bonce....

mimp

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 22:22:2331/01/01
In article <95ag71$efe$1...@enyo.uwa.edu.au>,

"Siobhan" <mot...@SPAMtartarus.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> "mimp" <mi...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> *snort* Ew. Anyway, I think that guy's a man, thus he doesn't have a
> "corridor" (that show's not on anymore *sigh*)

Aw :( no more corridor!
I was hoping for a t-shirt or a lunch box or something.

Siobhan

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 23:25:0231/01/01

> Aw :( no more corridor!
> I was hoping for a t-shirt or a lunch box or something.

http://home.mira.net/~plasmo/

For anyone that's completely mystified. Check out "Coredor" on the
characters page. I haven't time to look for a closeup of him right now, but
he really does look like a vulva.

Siobhan

pH

da leggere,
31 gen 2001, 23:39:5131/01/01
The-Trainers wrote:

> in the San Francisco to San Jose California area?

juan at 222 in san fran is really good. he used to work at avalon in san
diego and they are a very clean shop. i am sure his standards for
cleanliness are no lower there.
-pH

CatBones

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 00:31:0801/02/01
Nightwyng wrote:

> > Liberal Gun-owner
>
> Wow. You and me are the only two I've met.

I'm pretty goddamned liberal and I got lotsa guns. =)
Muahahaha...

cheers!

i'll teach you to turn away.

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 00:45:4201/02/01
pH <dil...@homeless.com> wrote:
p> juan at 222 in san fran is really good. he used to work at avalon in

word on the street is that 222 has closed.

it's ok. i was very unimpressed by that shop.

Barry

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 08:00:4301/02/01

"The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote in message
> My wife wants a white ink tattoo on the back of her neck, for starters,
> it would be her first tatt.

www.staircasetattoo.com

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 13:23:2301/02/01
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, CatBones wrote:

> Nightwyng wrote:
>
> > > Liberal Gun-owner
> >
> > Wow. You and me are the only two I've met.
>
> I'm pretty goddamned liberal and I got lotsa guns. =)
> Muahahaha...

Ok, but do you have any gun tattoos?

One of the designs my wife is thinking about is the logo design
from Ruger in honor of her Ruger Super Redhawk .44 magnum stainless
revolver she bought a few months ago.

Ruger has a rather stylised bird as their logo, it's pretty cool
and would fit the area of the back of her neck.

See, just my name and 4 lines.... :-P

Mike Trainer
Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,

NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2001. Now voting

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 13:28:4401/02/01
On 1 Feb 2001, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:

> The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
> T> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Sara wrote:
> > > Do they free-hand it? Or do they have a process to make a template?
> > It depends on the design and the artist. I have seen both.
> T> Opinions on which gets better results?

> i've found that if a design is drawn directly onto the body, it
> tends to flow better than if a stencil is applied. this, of course,
> doesn't matter for your standard 3" square tattoo -

Well, the back of her neck and her pubic hair area are not any bigger
than about that, so I guess these both would be considered rather
small tatts, right?

Oh, that reminds me, for the time of the pubic area tatt she would
either be shaved clean or waxed clean or something like that, but
at times she would grow the pubic hair back, how does that effect
the tatt which would then have the pubic hairs growing over it?

When she shaved again would the tatt be any worse off?

> i'm talking about the big stuff.

I doubt she could convince me, or want that herself. Big tatts
are probably out.

> but then again, it's mostly the artist. my backpiece was laid on
> with a stencil because of how the original looks, & i don't think anyone
> would say it doesn't fit my body perfectly.

Well, sure, that's why I am looking for personal reccomendations for the
artist.

Mike Trainer
Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,

NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2001. Now voting

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 13:38:2601/02/01

Got any gun-related tatts?

Really? Most of the gun-owners I know personally are Liberal Democrats
and ALL of the gun-owners who have bought their very first guns in the
last 30 years did so in reaction to one or another gun-control law.

Gun sales ALWAYS skyrocket whenever a new restrictive gun law passes.

Mostly because people realised that they better buy NOW or they won't
be allowed in the future, some, like myself and my wife as a political
protest.

I even know a Liberal Democrat gun-owner who got a tattoo of her
favorite handgun as if it were tucked down the small of her back. I
questioned the intelligence of that in case she ever got stopped by the
cops, but she was pretty pissed-off at the restrictive gun laws
and did it anyway.

My wife's brother found out about the 99% handgun ban for California
that was going into effect on Jan 1 2001 and he went right out and
bought a really nice .45 ACP and then got the company logo tattooed
on his ankle.

I just went to a gun show and there are almost no handguns left for
sale. Over 99% of all handgun models are now illegal in California
with only 200 left legal, for the moment, that number may go up or
down as the Attorney General feels.

I wonder how many people have gun-related tatts?

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 13:46:0901/02/01
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, mimp wrote:

> The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:

> > > ^^^^^^
> >
> > > Your wife is the friendly type, I take it?
> >
> > Well, yes, but how do you infer that from what I wrote?
> >
> > > *snicker* Sorry, bad joke.
> >
> > I didn't get it.

> I think it *might* have to do with the typo "public" hair in your message. :

Ah, I see, ooops.... [sheepish grin]

Well, in fact this last New Years Eve we went out to the street
party they hold in the Castro district of San Francisco to party. She was
only wearing pumps and a thigh-length leather jacket and at midnight she
opened that up wide for pictures and for anyone who wanted to see....

Next year she is planning on getting a huge temporary black "tattoo"
pattern on her body to show off on next New Years Eve. She saw that
poster of the woman with the abstract curves running from above her
breasts all the way down to her genitals along with the nipple piercings
and she wants to do something like that in a temporary or in liquid latex
to show off in the street party.

So I guess even my typo was true.... sometimes.

> ) Although, Siobhan is one of those wacky Australians, just be lucky she
> didn't tell you to get your bonce out of your corridor...or something like
> that. : D

"bonce" "corridor"????

Ok, color me baffled.

> mimp
>

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Mike Trainer

Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,

NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2001. Now voting

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 13:52:3901/02/01
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, S. MacNeil wrote:

> "The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote in message

> > > ^^^^^^
> >
> > > Your wife is the friendly type, I take it?
> >
> > Well, yes, but how do you infer that from what I wrote?
> >
> > > *snicker* Sorry, bad joke.
> >
> > I didn't get it.
> >
> > > Siobhan

> Okay, what part of your typo 'public' instead of 'pubic' are you missing? Or
> does your wife indeed only have 'public' hair?

Some times she does, but I now see my typo, thanks.

As I posted in another post she did show off her nude body in public
during the New Years Eve street party in the Castro district of San
Francisco this time and she wants to get a huge temporary tattoo on
her front side from above her breast all the way down to or past her
genitals onto her thighs. Mayby in liquid latex? Maybe just body-paint?

> Do you know Albert Jeffries?

No, I assume he is good with white?

> He's a genius tattooer....

Good, how do we contact him?

> you might meet him on the short bus someday...

"short bus"???

Geeez, RABbits sure use lots of interesting and cryptic terms.

> you can introduce him to your wife, then.

When? Where?

> S.

Mike Trainer
Life-long Liberal Democrat Atheist, Gun-owner and VOTER!
Gun-owner since the 1994 Clinton gun-ban, VOTER since Carter in 1976,

NRA member since Al Gore 51-50 in 1999, GOA member in 2001. Now voting

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 13:54:3801/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Siobhan wrote:

> "The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote in message
> > She also wants one above her genital region where the public hair
>
> ^^^^^^

> Your wife is the friendly type, I take it?

Ok, NOW I got it....

> *snicker* Sorry, bad joke.

No apologies required, it was a good joke on my poor typeing and lack
of proof-reading.

> Siobhan

Stan

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 13:58:2001/02/01
In article <Pine.BSF.4.21.01020...@shell11.ba.best.com>,

The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
>Oh, that reminds me, for the time of the pubic area tatt she would
>either be shaved clean or waxed clean or something like that, but
>at times she would grow the pubic hair back, how does that effect
>the tatt which would then have the pubic hairs growing over it?

'affect'

The tattoo will have hair over it. It will be hard to see.

>When she shaved again would the tatt be any worse off?

Nope. 'long as it's healed you can shave it 'til the cows
come home.

--
Stan Schwarz | Extreme sports...offer "some kind of physical
st...@cosmo.pasadena.ca.us | analog to the thrill of installing Linux or
| -Mikki Halpin, _The Geek Handbook_

All the Clay in the World

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 06:41:4101/02/01

Nightwyng <nigh...@home.com> wrote in message

There's a website somewhere for an organized group of gun owning democrats
somewhere.....
I bet Google could find it if Mike doesn't feel like rattling off the top of
his head.

----Clay

mimp

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 14:24:3601/02/01

> > I think it *might* have to do with the typo "public" hair in your message. :
>
> Ah, I see, ooops.... [sheepish grin]

> Next year she is planning on getting a huge temporary black "tattoo"

> pattern on her body to show off on next New Years Eve. She saw that
> poster of the woman with the abstract curves running from above her
> breasts all the way down to her genitals along with the nipple piercings
> and she wants to do something like that in a temporary or in liquid latex
> to show off in the street party.

Eh, you only live once, why not get the tattoos & piercings for real? : )
once you start getting tattoos it can be pretty hard to stop you know, maybe
your opinion of "large tattoos" will change.

> "bonce" "corridor"????
>
> Ok, color me baffled.

Sorry, that was a reference to an old thread here - "bonce" meaning head, and
"corridor" was a character on a certain Australian t.v. show that strongly
resembled a part of the female anatomy. :D

Ray Pearson

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 15:24:3201/02/01

Trust me you do not want to meet albert jeffers. In this life or the next.
Ray

AngieK

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 16:03:2301/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:52:39 -0800, The-Trainers <trai...@best.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, S. MacNeil wrote:

>> Do you know Albert Jeffries?
>
>No, I assume he is good with white?

I wouldn't say that, but he posted here about how much he loves
tattooing pretty women and seeing them partially naked...

>> He's a genius tattooer....
>
>Good, how do we contact him?

he was being sarcastic I think.

RAB can be a scary place.
be careful out there.

---Angie a.k.a. D-Strss (pull teeth to reply)
"I am beginning to believe your annoyance is
something you look for."
-Kavin Taylor 21 Jan 2001 23:17:52

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 17:02:5401/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, AngieK wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:52:39 -0800, The-Trainers <trai...@best.com>
> wrote:
> >On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, S. MacNeil wrote:
>
> >> Do you know Albert Jeffries?
> >
> >No, I assume he is good with white?

> I wouldn't say that, but he posted here about how much he loves
> tattooing pretty women and seeing them partially naked...

Does that mean he does the work for free for naked women? ;-)

Well, when my wife got her nipple-piercing she deliberately went in
a one-piece dress with nothing under it and got totally naked on the table
to get the piercing done, just to make it a full experiance. :-)

I expect her to do something like that for the tatt too.

> >> He's a genius tattooer....
> >
> >Good, how do we contact him?

> he was being sarcastic I think.

Oh. :-(

> RAB can be a scary place. be careful out there.

Naaaa, I am only afraid in cities that ban ordinary citizens from
owning guns for self-defense. Like DC, Chicago, L.A., New York, Boston,
London, actually ALL of the UK and Australia... The criminals have
free-reign there to attack anyone at will with no worries about
facing an armed intended victim.

Cyber-space never worried me...never will.

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 17:03:1001/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Ray Pearson wrote:

> Trust me you do not want to meet albert jeffers. In this life or the next.

Ok, why?

> Ray

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 17:08:4501/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, mimp wrote:

> The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
> > > I think it *might* have to do with the typo "public" hair in your message. :

> > Ah, I see, ooops.... [sheepish grin]

> > Next year she is planning on getting a huge temporary black "tattoo"
> > pattern on her body to show off on next New Years Eve. She saw that
> > poster of the woman with the abstract curves running from above her
> > breasts all the way down to her genitals along with the nipple piercings
> > and she wants to do something like that in a temporary or in liquid latex
> > to show off in the street party.

> Eh, you only live once, why not get the tattoos & piercings for real? : )

Got the nipple piercing, likely to do a genital pierce, but I just barely
am ok with her getting the small white tatt as it is, something huge to
show-off would have to be temporay for a special occasion and then
anything goes.

> once you start getting tattoos it can be pretty hard to stop you know, maybe
> your opinion of "large tattoos" will change.

Not likely, we have seen many naked women with large tatts, some pretty
nice that we both liked, but not on her.

I wouldn't have even considered her getting one at all if not for the
woman we had some fun with having a white tatt and in that place.

My wife had the idea of putting one above her genitals because she can
just let the pubic hair grow out if she wants it covered.

I am still working on a roughly triangular drawing for that area.

> > "bonce" "corridor"????
> >
> > Ok, color me baffled.

> Sorry, that was a reference to an old thread here - "bonce" meaning head, and
> "corridor" was a character on a certain Australian t.v. show that strongly
> resembled a part of the female anatomy. :D

I see, and they think USA TV is twisted and corrupting our youth!

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 17:13:2001/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, All the Clay in the World wrote:

> Nightwyng <nigh...@home.com> wrote in message
> > The-Trainers wrote:
> > > Mike Trainer
> > > Liberal Gun-owner
> >
> > Wow. You and me are the only two I've met.
> > -NW

> There's a website somewhere for an organized group of gun owning democrats
> somewhere.....

Yep, I know!

I still want to know about people with gun-related tatts.

> I bet Google could find it if Mike doesn't feel like rattling off the top of
> his head.

Heck, just start with the Gun Owners of America or the Jews For the
Preservation of Firearms Ownership or Citizens of America web sites.
And go from there.
The NRA-ILA is a good place to start too, but they are wimps.

www.jpfo.org www.gunowners.org www.nra.org

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 17:15:5701/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Stan wrote:

> The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
> >Oh, that reminds me, for the time of the pubic area tatt she would
> >either be shaved clean or waxed clean or something like that, but
> >at times she would grow the pubic hair back, how does that effect
> >the tatt which would then have the pubic hairs growing over it?

> 'affect'

:-P

> The tattoo will have hair over it. It will be hard to see.

Yeah, I figured that much.

> >When she shaved again would the tatt be any worse off?

> Nope. 'long as it's healed you can shave it 'til the cows
> come home.

Got freindly cows do you?

Anyway, that's a good point, I suppose she should wax or use a dipilatory
to really get the most healing time possible before the hairs come back.

Jim Mowreader

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 17:25:4101/02/01
The-Trainers sends:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Ray Pearson wrote:
>

>> Trust me you do not want to meet albert jeffers. In this life or the next.
>
> Ok, why?

Search deja.com for group "rec.arts.bodyart" and author "acidbaby" and
you'll know why...
--

--jmowreader
xd...@mindspring.com

Judith Grunberger

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 17:26:1801/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:

> Well, when my wife got her nipple-piercing she deliberately went in
> a one-piece dress with nothing under it and got totally naked on the table
> to get the piercing done, just to make it a full experiance. :-)
>
> I expect her to do something like that for the tatt too.

did it ever occur to you that the piercer or tattoo artist might not
appreciate that?

christ. have some respect for professionals, or is that secondary to
the naughty little thrills you get by parading your wife around naked?

you make me puke.

--
Judith Grunberger * jcoo...@onastick.net * http://grunberger.net/
How can she love me when she doesn't even love the cinema that I love?

Tabaqui

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 18:11:3801/02/01

The-Trainers wrote:

> Anyway, that's a good point, I suppose she should wax or use a dipilatory
> to really get the most healing time possible before the hairs come back.

It doesn't really matter. If shaving the pubic area
normally makes her skin break out or get ingrown hairs,
it'll just make the healing tattoo more itchy. I have a
lower abdomen/pubic bone tattoo, and i just shaved in the
shower beforehand. The hair growing through the healing
tattoo doesn't 'hurt' it anymore then a scuff on your arm
would heal funny when your arm-hairs grow back thorugh.
Think of a tattoo as nice concrete burn, and go from there,
because that's how it kinda looks and how it heals. Only,
when you get a tattoo from a pro, you get almost no
scabbing, and of course, a concrete scuff would be a big
ole' nasty mess... :)

It'll most likely be a little swollen and tender for the
first day, so being able to recline is a help, and she's not
gonna want kids or dogs or cats flailing around down there,
either, for a few days. Otherwise, i think that skin holds
color well and if stretch marks are an issue, the few i had
are totally covered and the few i got when i was pregnant
didn't do much to change the tattoo at all.

The closer you get to the actual outer labia, however, the
nastier it feels, so she should maybe practice some nice,
medatative breathing routines so she can sit real still and
deal with it without being too uncomfortable.

And on a side note, any tattooist who would give you a
break/free work because your wife gets nude for him is very
likely to be a complete jerk-off and i, personally, would
run screaming from this guy. (Another reason you don't want
to meet Mr. Jeffers)

TQ

Sara

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 18:25:4101/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:

> Well, when my wife got her nipple-piercing she deliberately went in a
> one-piece dress with nothing under it and got totally naked on the
> table to get the piercing done, just to make it a full experiance. :-)

Full experience of what? Getting naked in an inappropriate time and place?

A tattoo artist with a professional attitude will be uninterested in
seeing your wife's naked body for a tattoo which requires no clothing
removal. To put an artist in the position of sudden nudity because you and
your wife apparently get off on such cheap thrills is inconsiderate. I
would suggest that if she is planning to be naked (for no good reason)
that you discuss this with the artist ahead of time, to make sure that
they are comfortable with this.

I have tattoos which required me to partially expose myself, and every
tattooist I have gone to has helped me remain as clothed as possible, for
the comfort of both parties.

Sara

--
saram AT wam.umd.edu, RANA-85
http://iam.bmezine.com/?saram
[make my address kosher to reply]
Go to my iam page to bid on a piece of me!

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 18:26:1501/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Judith Grunberger wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:
> > Well, when my wife got her nipple-piercing she deliberately went in
> > a one-piece dress with nothing under it and got totally naked on the table
> > to get the piercing done, just to make it a full experiance. :-)

> > I expect her to do something like that for the tatt too.

Perhaps I should have worded that:
"I think she wants to do that for her tatt as well."
Since it was her idea in the first place.

> did it ever occur to you that the piercer or tattoo artist might not
> appreciate that?

Well, she will ask first of course, but considering the places that
women get tatts, especially around here, I can't imagine many artists
having any objections to this. We see full-nude pictures in the artists
portfolios, so I see no reason they would have any problem with that.

And as far as her nipple pierce...

She DID ASK FIRST, by the way, she was perfeclty willing to wrap a towel
around herself, or even go get some undies.

But, it was at the Gauntlet in the Castro Dist. of San Francisco, they
are pretty open to just about anything, besides, they do genital piercings
there all the time, I can't imagine them being shy.

In fact, I can't imagine ANY piercer who does female genital piercings
or and tattoo artist who does "intimate location" tattoos being the least
bit offended at a naked woman proud of her body.

> christ.

Please don't bring mythical people into this, ok?

> have some respect for professionals, or is that secondary to
> the naughty little thrills you get by parading your wife around naked?

It was HER idea, by the way, INLIKE many women, she likes her body.

> you make me puke.

Intolerant people make me puke, so we're even.

Judith Grunberger

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 18:40:5301/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Judith Grunberger wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:
> > > Well, when my wife got her nipple-piercing she deliberately went in
> > > a one-piece dress with nothing under it and got totally naked on the table
> > > to get the piercing done, just to make it a full experiance. :-)
>
> > > I expect her to do something like that for the tatt too.
>
> Perhaps I should have worded that:
> "I think she wants to do that for her tatt as well."
> Since it was her idea in the first place.

no, i got the idea.

> > did it ever occur to you that the piercer or tattoo artist might not
> > appreciate that?
>
> Well, she will ask first of course, but considering the places that
> women get tatts, especially around here, I can't imagine many artists
> having any objections to this. We see full-nude pictures in the artists
> portfolios, so I see no reason they would have any problem with that.

you see no reason why anyone should have a problem with anything you do,
do you?

*i* can imagine artists having an objection to it. i have PERSONALLY
talked to piercers who have had to deal with people like your wife. let me
tell you -- they're not impressed with her confidence or empowerment. they
just wish she would have worn pants.

does she take her pants off when she gets a mammogram, too? i mean,
doctors see naked women all the time, so WHY NOT, right?

> And as far as her nipple pierce...
>
> She DID ASK FIRST, by the way, she was perfeclty willing to wrap a towel
> around herself, or even go get some undies.

well, you know, you saying that she deliberately wore a one-piece with
nothing on underneath to "make it a full experience" did not exactly
convey this fact.

look, bucko, youre not going to tittilate rab. we just simply dont give a
rats ass about your wife's proclivities. so shut the fuck up about your
flashing and your threesomes and whatever other "shocking" tidbits youve
yet to reveal.

> But, it was at the Gauntlet in the Castro Dist. of San Francisco, they
> are pretty open to just about anything, besides, they do genital piercings
> there all the time, I can't imagine them being shy.
>
> In fact, I can't imagine ANY piercer who does female genital piercings
> or and tattoo artist who does "intimate location" tattoos being the least
> bit offended at a naked woman proud of her body.

imagine it.

imagine all kinds of people being different than you expect them to be.

then, imagine being considerate of that.

> > christ.
>
> Please don't bring mythical people into this, ok?

you can also check your "look everyone im an athiest" trip now, just in
case you were about to start on one. rab doesnt care about that either.

> > have some respect for professionals, or is that secondary to
> > the naughty little thrills you get by parading your wife around naked?
>
> It was HER idea, by the way, INLIKE many women, she likes her body.

oh, ok, so your WIFE is the one with no respect for tattoo & piercing
professionals? I GET IT NOW.

> > you make me puke.
>
> Intolerant people make me puke, so we're even.

you have noooooooooooo idea who youre talking to, do you?

skyelass

da leggere,
30 gen 2001, 19:36:0230/01/01

> Heck, just start with the Gun Owners of America or the Jews For the
> Preservation of Firearms Ownership or Citizens of America web sites.
> And go from there.

Picture it - a run-down stretch of highway in rural Georgia (somewhere on
the outskirts of Macon). "Dueling Banjos" is wafting through the air... At
the side of the road, a billboard looms. There on the billboard, in all its
cartoonish glory, a mugger in a black ski mask grabs a woman from behind.
He holds a knife to her throat while she fumbles with the .45 in her purse.
The caption reads: "Criminals Love Trigger Locks." Sponsored by the
Georgia Jews for Preservations of Firearms Ownership. In scary, rural
Georgia.

What's off about this scenario?

--
skyelass

Nightwyng

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 19:44:1901/02/01

The-Trainers wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Nightwyng wrote:
>
> > The-Trainers wrote:
> > > Mike Trainer
> > > Liberal Gun-owner
>
> > Wow. You and me are the only two I've met.
>
> Got any gun-related tatts?

Nope. I'm 17, and here in Texas being tattooed right underage takes a
lot of work. I also just never found any gun designs or logos I like
enough to get tattooed on me.

> Really? Most of the gun-owners I know personally are Liberal Democrats
> and ALL of the gun-owners who have bought their very first guns in the
> last 30 years did so in reaction to one or another gun-control law.
>
> Gun sales ALWAYS skyrocket whenever a new restrictive gun law passes.

Just think how many new toys there'd be if they had another NFA amnesty.

> I just went to a gun show and there are almost no handguns left for
> sale. Over 99% of all handgun models are now illegal in California
> with only 200 left legal, for the moment, that number may go up or
> down as the Attorney General feels.

You're in CA? Wow, that must suck for a gun owner.
--
-Nightwyng
"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates

Nightwyng

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 19:44:2901/02/01

CatBones wrote:

> I'm pretty goddamned liberal and I got lotsa guns. =)
> Muahahaha...

Yeah, I forgot about you. You go, man.
-NW

i'll teach you to turn away.

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 19:59:5901/02/01
The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:

T> On 1 Feb 2001, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> tends to flow better than if a stencil is applied. this, of course,
> doesn't matter for your standard 3" square tattoo -
T> Well, the back of her neck and her pubic hair area are not any bigger
T> than about that, so I guess these both would be considered rather
T> small tatts, right?

i was speaking more of 3" square tattoos on larger areas of the
body. a small piece can still 'flow' around the nape of a neck or in the
pubic region if they're positioned properly.

but you'd also need an appropriate design. something that mimics
the line of her hips might be preferable over an actual SQUARE design, you
see.

anyhow, yeah, they'll probably be pretty small. that doesn't mean
they can't be gorgeous from the right artist.

T> Oh, that reminds me, for the time of the pubic area tatt she would
T> either be shaved clean or waxed clean or something like that, but

i'd recommend you trim at home, & let the artist shave the
necessary areas. if you're unexperienced with shaving, you can cause razor
burn that's pretty awful to tattoo through.

T> at times she would grow the pubic hair back, how does that effect
T> the tatt which would then have the pubic hairs growing over it?

it'll be gross to heal, but it won't affect anything. i have a
piece on the back of my head, & i recall the hairs growing back through
the scabs. it wasn't painful or anything, just gross to pick loose scabs
out of my hair.

T> When she shaved again would the tatt be any worse off?

don't shave it until the second "onionskin" shed. after that, it's
no different than regular skin.

lish
cr...@santacruz.org
31.6% / 26

i'll teach you to turn away.

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 20:06:0601/02/01
The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
T> I still want to know about people with gun-related tatts.

i have two revolvers tattooed on my body.

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 21:29:3901/02/01
On 2 Feb 2001, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:

> The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
> T> I still want to know about people with gun-related tatts.
>
> i have two revolvers tattooed on my body.

I assume this is a RABbit joke?

> lish
> cr...@santacruz.org
> 31.6% / 26

Mike Trainer

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 21:36:2801/02/01
On 2 Feb 2001, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:

> T> Well, the back of her neck and her pubic hair area are not any bigger
> T> than about that, so I guess these both would be considered rather
> T> small tatts, right?

> i was speaking more of 3" square tattoos on larger areas of the
> body. a small piece can still 'flow' around the nape of a neck or in the
> pubic region if they're positioned properly.

Good, because so far those are the only two spots we are even considering.

> but you'd also need an appropriate design. something that mimics
> the line of her hips might be preferable over an actual SQUARE design, you
> see.

Well, the hand-drawing I made would fit the area and it's all circles
and arcs and curves with a couple of the curves tapering off to a point.

Imagine a perfectly symetrical clit&hood with a triangle pierce CBR
ring through it and the hood curves down to a point farther down
in the middle well below the bead as the inner labia lips would, but
idealised and smooth.

Rotten description, but use your imagination.

> anyhow, yeah, they'll probably be pretty small. that doesn't mean
> they can't be gorgeous from the right artist.

We hope so.

> T> Oh, that reminds me, for the time of the pubic area tatt she would
> T> either be shaved clean or waxed clean or something like that, but

> i'd recommend you trim at home, & let the artist shave the
> necessary areas. if you're unexperienced with shaving, you can cause razor
> burn that's pretty awful to tattoo through.

Oh, she has shaved it all off many times, clean and smooth as a babies
bottom as they say, no problem.

It's just that an ordinary shave-job requires too frequent touch-ups,
and a waxing might be a better idea for this purpose.

> T> at times she would grow the pubic hair back, how does that effect
> T> the tatt which would then have the pubic hairs growing over it?

> it'll be gross to heal, but it won't affect anything.

Really? Cool, that will make it easier.

> i have a
> piece on the back of my head, & i recall the hairs growing back through
> the scabs. it wasn't painful or anything, just gross to pick loose scabs
> out of my hair.

Yeesh.

> T> When she shaved again would the tatt be any worse off?

> don't shave it until the second "onionskin" shed. after that, it's
> no different than regular skin.

"onionskin" shed."??? Do I want to know?

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 21:38:2901/02/01
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Nightwyng wrote:

> The-Trainers wrote:

> > > Wow. You and me are the only two I've met.
> >
> > Got any gun-related tatts?
>
> Nope. I'm 17, and here in Texas being tattooed right underage takes a
> lot of work. I also just never found any gun designs or logos I like
> enough to get tattooed on me.

Well, my wife is considering the Colt logo, the Ruger logo, the Beretta
logo and of course the GLOCK logo, being our first gun, it gets priority.
:-)

> > Really? Most of the gun-owners I know personally are Liberal Democrats
> > and ALL of the gun-owners who have bought their very first guns in the
> > last 30 years did so in reaction to one or another gun-control law.
> >
> > Gun sales ALWAYS skyrocket whenever a new restrictive gun law passes.

> Just think how many new toys there'd be if they had another NFA amnesty.

Yeah, sure, that'll happen.

> > I just went to a gun show and there are almost no handguns left for
> > sale. Over 99% of all handgun models are now illegal in California
> > with only 200 left legal, for the moment, that number may go up or
> > down as the Attorney General feels.

> You're in CA? Wow, that must suck for a gun owner.

It does. But I don't run from a fight.

We NEED more gun-owners to move here!

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 21:47:3501/02/01
On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, skyelass wrote:

> The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote in message

> > Heck, just start with the Gun Owners of America or the Jews For the
> > Preservation of Firearms Ownership or Citizens of America web sites.
> > And go from there.

> Picture it - a run-down stretch of highway in rural Georgia (somewhere on
> the outskirts of Macon).

Never been past the Missippi, except on one trip to London.

> There on the billboard, in all its
> cartoonish glory, a mugger in a black ski mask grabs a woman from behind.

And she shoots him!

> He holds a knife to her throat while she fumbles with the .45 in her purse.

Naaa, no fumbling required, no need to even pull it out, just reach in,
grab the trigger, shove it in his ribs and fire through your purse.

> The caption reads: "Criminals Love Trigger Locks."

They DO!

Hey, what a great idea for a tattoo!

"Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage."
"Guns cause crime like pencils cause bad spelling."
"Guns cause crime like spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat."

I like it! Slogan tatts!

> Sponsored by the Georgia Jews for Preservations of Firearms
> Ownership. In scary, rural Georgia.

Why? From the violent crime stats there it seems to be a pretty safe place
to live. In fact, ALL of the 34 states with CCW laws saw a dramatic DROP
in violent attacks against people right away.

> What's off about this scenario?

Well, mainly that muggers and rapeists in the 34 "right to carry" states
don't usually attack women because they KNOW that many women will be armed
and will fight back.

Just the FACT that common citizens CAN be armed puts the violent criminals
on-notice that they can't get away with attacking people anymore.

This is why violent crimes against people drop so sharply once CCW
laws are enacted, but crimes against property go up.

Another funny stat from the FBI is that when a state passes "right to
carry" laws, the rapes and other violent attacks on people in the
neighboring non-carry states go UP!

See, just as the criminals love to hunt in fully-dis-armed Washington DC,
criminals also leave "right to carry" states to find easier hunting
elsewhere.

Judith Grunberger

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 21:58:4101/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:

> Well, my wife is considering the Colt logo, the Ruger logo, the Beretta
> logo and of course the GLOCK logo, being our first gun, it gets priority.
> :-)

im so sorry.

so, SO sorry.

glock. ugh.

> We NEED more gun-owners to move here!

ew. california.

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 22:15:0201/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Judith Grunberger wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:

> > Perhaps I should have worded that:
> > "I think she wants to do that for her tatt as well."
> > Since it was her idea in the first place.
>
> no, i got the idea.

No, you accused ME of forceing her to do it when in fact it was her idea.

Or were youy lying when you made that accusation?

> > > did it ever occur to you that the piercer or tattoo artist might not
> > > appreciate that?
> >
> > Well, she will ask first of course, but considering the places that
> > women get tatts, especially around here, I can't imagine many artists
> > having any objections to this. We see full-nude pictures in the artists
> > portfolios, so I see no reason they would have any problem with that.

> you see no reason why anyone should have a problem with anything you do,
> do you?

Not much, I am a pretty tolerant and open person, and I usually expect
others to also be tolerant untill they prove otherwise, like you have.

Sort of how I assume everyone is a peaceful law-abiding citizen who
can be trusted to own guns untill they PROVE they are not to be trusted.

I find tolerance and trust to be a much better way to go through
life than intolerance and mis-trust.

It must be tough being you.

> *i* can imagine artists having an objection to it.

Ok, then they can say so at the time and we will happily accomodate or
go elsewhere. No harm no foul.

Afterall, it's not something vital like freedom of speech.

And I would think that they would be turning away business by being so
prudish for an artist who works in skin.

> i have PERSONALLY talked to piercers who have had to deal with people
> like your wife.

Ones that do female nipples and genitals and they can't cope with nudity?

Do they pierce with their eyes closed?

Do they work like in an operating room with a huge sterile drap with a
little hole cut into it ONLY exposing the area to be worked on?

> let me tell you -- they're not impressed with her confidence or
> empowerment.

Nor do I care what they are "impressed" by, they are doing their job,
the experiance belongs to the client.

If one is to adorn ones body with something to last to the grave, one has
the perfect right to get the most out of it. If the artist can't cope,
we can go elsewhere, or we can accomodate, depending on how we feel
aout the skills of the artist and if we have a second choice.

> they just wish she would have worn pants.

Oh? You asked the piercer who worked on my wife? I doubt that.

> does she take her pants off when she gets a mammogram, too?

Well, yes, they make her undress fully and put on one of those silly
robes which don't really cover anything.

When I was in the hospital as a young adult they gave me slippers
and one of those robes down to my ankles open at the back and nothing
else.

Why should that bother anyone?

> i mean, doctors see naked women all the time, so WHY NOT, right?

The mamogram is not an "experiance" to be savored, it's a chore, a
damn uncomfortable one at that.

> > And as far as her nipple pierce...
> >
> > She DID ASK FIRST, by the way, she was perfeclty willing to wrap a towel
> > around herself, or even go get some undies.

> well, you know, you saying that she deliberately wore a one-piece with
> nothing on underneath to "make it a full experience" did not exactly
> convey this fact.

Your intolerance made you jump to conclusions. I am not obligated to
make up for your intolerance or faulty conclusions by carefully
crafting my writing to cover all possible false conclusions SOME
people might jump to without ASKING FIRST!

YOUR problems are NOT MINE to make up for.

> look, bucko, youre not going to tittilate rab.

Of course not, we are simply pretty open people, we don't give a rats-ass
if others are impressed or tittilated or whatever. We do as we do, like it
or lump it.

At the street party we did not care one bit if anyone noticed or liked
what they saw or not, it was for us, not them. We would have been just
as happy if nobody noticed at all.

Take your intolerance elsewhere and allow us to be open and honest, ok?

> we just simply dont give a rats ass about your wife's proclivities.

And I don't care about your prudeishness either.

You may not think of yourself as a prude, but I assure you you are.

> so shut the fuck up about your flashing and your threesomes and
> whatever other "shocking" tidbits youve yet to reveal.

I would be shocked if anyone was shocked at anything we have done,
but that does not mean I have any reason to hide our lives either.
And heck, I have not even mentioned the most interesting stuff at all,
not even a hint at it.

YOU may be embarrassed by your lives, but we are not.

If YOU can't take it, don't read it.

Freedom of speech means that even speech that SOME people find offensive,
is also protected.

> > But, it was at the Gauntlet in the Castro Dist. of San Francisco, they
> > are pretty open to just about anything, besides, they do genital piercings
> > there all the time, I can't imagine them being shy.
> >
> > In fact, I can't imagine ANY piercer who does female genital piercings
> > or and tattoo artist who does "intimate location" tattoos being the least
> > bit offended at a naked woman proud of her body.

> imagine it.

I prefer to imagine tolerant people untill they prove to be otherwise.

> imagine all kinds of people being different than you expect them to be.

Sure, and that's why we assume tolerant, freindly people untill SOMEONE
pops up to prove that intiolerant unfreindly people do exist, but only
a few, like you.

> then, imagine being considerate of that.

Fine, nobody forced you to read, and if the artist objects, no problem,
we accomodate, or we go elsewhere.

> > > christ.
> >
> > Please don't bring mythical people into this, ok?

> you can also check your "look everyone im an athiest" trip now, just in
> case you were about to start on one. rab doesnt care about that either.

You sure seem to care about everything!

> > > have some respect for professionals, or is that secondary to
> > > the naughty little thrills you get by parading your wife around naked?
> >
> > It was HER idea, by the way, INLIKE many women, she likes her body.

> oh, ok, so your WIFE is the one with no respect for tattoo & piercing
> professionals? I GET IT NOW.

No, she just expects people to be open, freindly, tolerant untill they
prove themselves to be like you. Those people we don't need.

> > > you make me puke.
> >
> > Intolerant people make me puke, so we're even.

> you have noooooooooooo idea who youre talking to, do you?

And I care why?

All you have said so far makes you out to be highly intolerant unfreindly
prude, even IF your self-image does not make you think that is you.

Others simply ignore what they are not interested in, YOU INSIST on
being intolerant and insulting about everything!

Many people who think of themselves being good tolerant people
are really just as bigoted and intolerant as anyone racist group
anywhere. They just THINK they are different, but they are not.

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 22:24:4101/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Sara wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:
>
> > Well, when my wife got her nipple-piercing she deliberately went in a
> > one-piece dress with nothing under it and got totally naked on the
> > table to get the piercing done, just to make it a full experiance. :-)

> Full experience of what?

A piercing, and I expect a tatt, is a fairly intimate thing, treating
it like a medical procedure certainly does not add to the experiance
or the memory of having it done.

Being nude did.

> Getting naked in an inappropriate time and place?

The artist did not seem to think it was an inappropriate time and place.

They see it all the time at the Gauntlet, no biggie to them.

But, sure, many people do get a personal kick out of getting nude or
exposed in unusual places, nothing wrong with that. Just avoid places
with kids around...

It's not like we do this all the time, usually once or twice a year
at most, and only on special occasions.

Mostly at such parties where it's not so unusual, like the halloween
and New Years parties.

> A tattoo artist with a professional attitude will be uninterested in
> seeing your wife's naked body for a tattoo which requires no clothing
> removal.

Fine, she asked the piercer, I expect that if she wants to get the
pubic area tatt she will also ask the tatt artist too.

Why does anyone else have a problem with it if they didn't?

> To put an artist in the position of sudden nudity because you and
> your wife apparently get off on such cheap thrills is inconsiderate. I

As I said, she asked first, it was hardly unexpected.

> would suggest that if she is planning to be naked (for no good reason)
> that you discuss this with the artist ahead of time, to make sure that
> they are comfortable with this.

We did that with the piercer, we would with the tatt artist.

It's rude of you to assume otherwise, you could have asked first
rather than jumped to conclusions.

> I have tattoos which required me to partially expose myself, and every
> tattooist I have gone to has helped me remain as clothed as possible, for
> the comfort of both parties.

Fine. I have no problem with that either.

The-Trainers

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 22:30:5401/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Tabaqui wrote:

> The-Trainers wrote:
> > Anyway, that's a good point, I suppose she should wax or use a dipilatory
> > to really get the most healing time possible before the hairs come back.

> It doesn't really matter. If shaving the pubic area
> normally makes her skin break out or get ingrown hairs,

Not much, especially if she has been shaving for a few weeks first.

> it'll just make the healing tattoo more itchy. I have a
> lower abdomen/pubic bone tattoo,

What is the design?

> and i just shaved in the shower beforehand.

You were used to shaving there then?

> The hair growing through the healing
> tattoo doesn't 'hurt' it anymore then a scuff on your arm
> would heal funny when your arm-hairs grow back thorugh.

Hmmmm, I see.

> Think of a tattoo as nice concrete burn, and go from there,
> because that's how it kinda looks and how it heals.

Maybe I didn't want to know that...

> Only, when you get a tattoo from a pro, you get almost no
> scabbing,

Ok, gimme that guy! :-)

> and of course, a concrete scuff would be a big
> ole' nasty mess... :)

Yeeesh.

> It'll most likely be a little swollen and tender for the
> first day, so being able to recline is a help, and she's not
> gonna want kids or dogs or cats flailing around down there,

No problem.

> either, for a few days. Otherwise, i think that skin holds
> color well and if stretch marks are an issue,

Nope.

> the few i had
> are totally covered and the few i got when i was pregnant
> didn't do much to change the tattoo at all.

That's good news!

That's one of the reasons she wants it there, so she can deliver
without distracting the doctors/nurses in the delivery room
someday.

> The closer you get to the actual outer labia,

Oh, no, she means only well ABOVE the clit-hood area under the pubic hair.

> however, the
> nastier it feels, so she should maybe practice some nice,
> medatative breathing routines so she can sit real still and
> deal with it without being too uncomfortable.
>
> And on a side note, any tattooist who would give you a
> break/free work because your wife gets nude for him is very
> likely to be a complete jerk-off and i, personally, would
> run screaming from this guy.

Uh, I thought it was clear that I was joking about that.

DO I need non-literal warnings?

> (Another reason you don't want
> to meet Mr. Jeffers)

Indeed.

> TQ

AngieK

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 22:53:0901/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:15:02 -0800, The-Trainers <trai...@best.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Judith Grunberger wrote:
>

>> no, i got the idea.
>
>No, you accused ME of forceing her to do it when in fact it was her idea.
>
>Or were youy lying when you made that accusation?

I missed that post I guess. The only "accusation" she made was that
you like it when your wife parades around naked.
I got the same impression from your posts.

>> i have PERSONALLY talked to piercers who have had to deal with people
>> like your wife.
>
>Ones that do female nipples and genitals and they can't cope with nudity?

They cope with it, they don't appreciate unnecessary flashing.
There is a difference.

>Do they pierce with their eyes closed?

funny.

>Do they work like in an operating room with a huge sterile drap with a
>little hole cut into it ONLY exposing the area to be worked on?

oh my hilarious.
why are you so bent out of shape?
Stripping naked for a 3x3 tattoo _is not_ necessary.
Not everyone on the planet would be thrilled to ogle your wife's
naughty bits or to have to try to avoid uncomfortable eye contact,
etc.
Some would consider this a kind of harassment.
*shrug*

>> let me tell you -- they're not impressed with her confidence or
>> empowerment.
>
>Nor do I care what they are "impressed" by, they are doing their job,
>the experiance belongs to the client.

so, if I want to suck my husbands cock while getting a tattoo, the
artist should be happy to allow it because it's my experience?
What if I just want to drink chicken blood while chanting a voodoo
blessing as a part or my experience? you think so?
*cough* bullshit *cough*

>If one is to adorn ones body with something to last to the grave, one has
>the perfect right to get the most out of it. If the artist can't cope,
>we can go elsewhere, or we can accomodate, depending on how we feel
>aout the skills of the artist and if we have a second choice.

well, if it gets back to you that the artist was annoyed at having to
put up with you even though he allowed it, don't come complain about
it here expecting sympathy.

>> they just wish she would have worn pants.
>
>Oh? You asked the piercer who worked on my wife? I doubt that.

no.
the tattooists and piercers she has talked to about
this type of behavior in their clients.

>> look, bucko, youre not going to tittilate rab.
>
>Of course not, we are simply pretty open people, we don't give a rats-ass
>if others are impressed or tittilated or whatever. We do as we do, like it
>or lump it.

then why tell us?
were you.... trolling?

>At the street party we did not care one bit if anyone noticed or liked
>what they saw or not, it was for us, not them. We would have been just
>as happy if nobody noticed at all.
>
>Take your intolerance elsewhere and allow us to be open and honest, ok?

take it to an exhibitionist newsgroup then.
:D

Guess what? that freedom of speech thing you are so gung-ho about
means that people do not have to tolerate you and keep their mouths
shut. Not that it applies to the internet reallt... but still.

>> we just simply dont give a rats ass about your wife's proclivities.
>
>And I don't care about your prudeishness either.

judy
prude

bwahahahahahahaha

a hem. sorry

>You may not think of yourself as a prude, but I assure you you are.

Oh. You are a friend of Judy's?

>> so shut the fuck up about your flashing and your threesomes and
>> whatever other "shocking" tidbits youve yet to reveal.
>
>I would be shocked if anyone was shocked at anything we have done,
>but that does not mean I have any reason to hide our lives either.
>And heck, I have not even mentioned the most interesting stuff at all,
>not even a hint at it.

i bet we don't care about that either.

>YOU may be embarrassed by your lives, but we are not.

annoyed with your brag-posting you mean.

>If YOU can't take it, don't read it.

if you can't stay on topic and are upset by opposing opinions, you
should leave. You are obviously in the wrong newsgroup if you are
looking for acceptance and unconditional friendship.

>Freedom of speech means that even speech that SOME people find offensive,
>is also protected.

even judy's
:o

>I prefer to imagine tolerant people untill they prove to be otherwise.
>
>> imagine all kinds of people being different than you expect them to be.
>
>Sure, and that's why we assume tolerant, freindly people untill SOMEONE
>pops up to prove that intiolerant unfreindly people do exist, but only
>a few, like you.

if Judy is being unfriendly and intolerant, than I must be a total
bitch. YAY!!!

>> then, imagine being considerate of that.
>
>Fine, nobody forced you to read, and if the artist objects, no problem,
>we accomodate, or we go elsewhere.

nobody forced you to post. everyone is free to reply however they see
fit. no moderator here, honey.

>> > Please don't bring mythical people into this, ok?

>> you can also check your "look everyone im an athiest" trip now, just in
>> case you were about to start on one. rab doesnt care about that either.
>
>You sure seem to care about everything!

you sure seem to be defensive about everything....

>No, she just expects people to be open, freindly, tolerant untill they
>prove themselves to be like you. Those people we don't need.

you mean people who don't go along with what you want.
i know many friendly open tolerant people who would not like the
situation.

>Many people who think of themselves being good tolerant people
>are really just as bigoted and intolerant as anyone racist group
>anywhere. They just THINK they are different, but they are not.

most people who claim to have no biases are either stupid or lying.

---Angie a.k.a. D-Strss
"Are you thinking?"
- yttrx (.) 21 Nov 2000 23:32:19 GMT
pull teeth to reply

Keith Alexander

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 22:53:2001/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:24:41 -0800, The-Trainers <trai...@best.com>
wrote:

>> Getting naked in an inappropriate time and place?
>The artist did not seem to think it was an inappropriate time and place.
>They see it all the time at the Gauntlet, no biggie to them.

*** Hi! Been around much?

k e i t h . a l e x a n d e r
w w w . n o o t r o p e . n e t /
m o d e r n a m e r i c a n . c o m /

-- e n d t r a n s m i s s i o n --

Judith Grunberger

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 22:53:1601/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:

> All you have said so far makes you out to be highly intolerant unfreindly
> prude, even IF your self-image does not make you think that is you.

This is so dumb.

Listen, mr flyoffthehandle.

Trust me when I say that not all piercers and tattoo artists want to see
your wife totally naked. And that maybe you should ask first. Since when
you first posted about it it didnt sound like you asked first.

As for the intolerant unfriendly prude bit, you will of course think
whatever you want to think. Thats not my problem.

Glocks still suck.

AngieK

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 22:57:1801/02/01
wrote:

>On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Sara wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:
>>
>> > Well, when my wife got her nipple-piercing she deliberately went in a
>> > one-piece dress with nothing under it and got totally naked on the
>> > table to get the piercing done, just to make it a full experiance. :-)
>
>> Full experience of what?
>
>A piercing, and I expect a tatt, is a fairly intimate thing, treating
>it like a medical procedure certainly does not add to the experiance
>or the memory of having it done.
>
>Being nude did.

so, she will be getting naked for the tattoo even if she gets it on
her nape then, right?

since its a part of the intimate bodyart experience...

Nikki

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 22:18:2701/02/01

"The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote:

::snip whole load of crap::

> > you see no reason why anyone should have a problem with anything you do,
> > do you?
>
> Not much, I am a pretty tolerant and open person, and I usually expect
> others to also be tolerant untill they prove otherwise, like you have.

::snip another whole load of crap::

A piercer being uncomfortable piercing your wife while she's totally naked
does not make them intolerant. Just because you want to see your wife naked
doesn't mean anyone else does. It's an issue of respect, and you obviously
have very little for anyone who doesn't agree with you totally.
--
~Nikki
<insert witty sig here>

Suzy Smith

da leggere,
1 feb 2001, 23:15:5801/02/01
The Trainers said:

>Well, mainly that muggers and rapeists in the 34 "right to carry" states
>don't usually attack women because they KNOW that many women will be armed
>and will fight back.

That is the biggest load of horseshit I have ever read.

RAB isn't the place to get into a debate over gun laws so I'll shut up now.

--
Suzy Smith
Body Art: http://www.bellaonline.com/beauty/beauty_and_fashion/body_art/

skyelass

da leggere,
30 gen 2001, 23:43:4330/01/01
Suzy Smith <suzyr...@aol.com> wrote in message

> The Trainers said:
>
> >Well, mainly that muggers and rapeists in the 34 "right to carry" states
> >don't usually attack women because they KNOW that many women will be
armed
> >and will fight back.
>
> That is the biggest load of horseshit I have ever read.
>
> RAB isn't the place to get into a debate over gun laws so I'll shut up
now.

Hey Mikey - follow Suzy's lead. Spout your shit elsewhere.

--
skyelass

Tabaqui

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 00:12:5802/02/01

Suzy Smith wrote:

> The Trainers said:
>
> >Well, mainly that muggers and rapeists in the 34 "right to carry" states

> That is the biggest load of horseshit I have ever read.

> RAB isn't the place to get into a debate over gun laws so I'll shut up now.

A-fucking-men to that. Jeeez.

TQ

Tabaqui

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 00:22:1202/02/01

The-Trainers wrote:

> What is the design?
I have a womans face, originally drawn by artist Alfonse
Mucha (Checz., 1900...) with green-blue 'art nouveau'
design-thing around it, kind of a 'crescent' with the
'horns' pointing up... That was about five or six years
ago, then just a few months ago my husband, Cat, added more
color/design at the bottom where it shades to purple-blue
kinda color. It's right around the ourter labia opening,
and it was VERY uncomfortable. Like razors and alcohol.
But the part closer to my navel was not bad at all, and in
fact the middle of the design was easier then the edges. It
took about five hours.

> > and i just shaved in the shower beforehand.
>
> You were used to shaving there then?

Ummmm, i guess. But the hair growing back in itches so bad
i hate to do it. I'm also BAD at shaving in general and
give myself razor burn or little nicks so often i should
just quit. OR pay to wax, but i don't know if my skin would
like that.

> That's one of the reasons she wants it there, so she can deliver
> without distracting the doctors/nurses in the delivery room
> someday.

Urrr - what? That didn't make any sense to me. How is a
tattoo not going to distract a doctor or nurse?

> Oh, no, she means only well ABOVE the clit-hood area under the pubic hair.

She'll be fine. It's not bad at all. The worst part was
the position, it killed the small of my back. A pillow or
something would have helped.

> Uh, I thought it was clear that I was joking about that.
> DO I need non-literal warnings?

Nah... You DID kinda make it sound like you'd found a
piercer/tattooist that go off on the whole 'nude' thing, but
i was just pointing it out because, while that might kinda
fit into your idea of a good time/experience, whatever,
people like that (tattooists who'll trade, i mean) tend to
be pretty scummy.
Do your leg-work, don't agonize too much over your design -
a good artist will be able to make it so you love it - and
PAY ATTENTION to such things as aftercare and whatnot.
It'll all work out. It's fun, it's easy, and it's
ADDICTIVE!!!

TQ

i'll teach you to turn away.

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 00:36:5302/02/01
The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:
> don't shave it until the second "onionskin" shed. after that, it's
> no different than regular skin.
T> "onionskin" shed."??? Do I want to know?

tattoos shed scabs, then a week later they peel again. it's the
thin scar tissue coming off the second time around, & it resembles
onionskin.

i'll teach you to turn away.

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 00:41:4402/02/01
The-Trainers <trai...@best.com> wrote:

T> On 2 Feb 2001, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> i have two revolvers tattooed on my body.
T> I assume this is a RABbit joke?

it's not. a revolver is a type of gun, mike.

CatBones

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 01:12:3002/02/01
The-Trainers wrote:

> Ok, but do you have any gun tattoos?

Uhhhh... nope!
---
oO$8$Oo.,oo,.oO$$88$Oo
8$:` .8$$8. ';8$'
8$. ,8$ $8, :8$
`8$$..8$o..o$8..;8$
http://www.catbones.com/
http://www.acid.org/

CatBones

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 01:24:4702/02/01
"i'll teach you to turn away." wrote:

> i have two revolvers tattooed on my body.

I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!
You even had one in one of the tattoo mags. ;)
I saw that picture!
You're so famous.

Sara

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 02:55:2902/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:

> A piercing, and I expect a tatt, is a fairly intimate thing, treating
> it like a medical procedure certainly does not add to the experiance
> or the memory of having it done.

It is what you make of it.

> Being nude did.

I can see how nudity would be a necessity for some situations. However, I
don't understand how being nude makes something a full experience even if
it is totally unnecessary within the situation.

I understand that it is your wife's personal taste to be nude for these
things. Like I said, it's all what you make of it. I am very comfortable
with my body, and enjoy being nude in certain situations, but I do not see
the logic in needing anything but my breasts exposed for my nipple
piercing, my neck exposed for a nape tattoo, and my crotch exposed for a
pubic tattoo. I also see a practical issue, which is that after about 45
minutes topless for my first tattoo I was COLD.

> The artist did not seem to think it was an inappropriate time and place.

I'm glad you found someone comfortable with that.

> They see it all the time at the Gauntlet, no biggie to them.

Well, they did...

> But, sure, many people do get a personal kick out of getting nude or
> exposed in unusual places, nothing wrong with that. Just avoid places
> with kids around...

Why?

> Fine, she asked the piercer, I expect that if she wants to get the
> pubic area tatt she will also ask the tatt artist too.

A pubic area tattoo may require more extensive exposure, so I can
understand clothing removal. I may have misunderstood when I thought that
she wanted to be naked for a neck tattoo.

> Why does anyone else have a problem with it if they didn't?

I just think that it is an uncomfortable position to put many artists in.

> As I said, she asked first, it was hardly unexpected.

Now we know this. Thank you.

> We did that with the piercer, we would with the tatt artist.

Good call, in my opinion.

> It's rude of you to assume otherwise, you could have asked first
> rather than jumped to conclusions.

I'm sorry, Mike. Would you care to take this moment to reply to all future
comments and questions I may direct toward you so that I may avoid drawing
conclusions?

When you described the piercing, it sounded like she just showed up in an
outfit which necessitated total nudity. To me, this sounded like more of a
'surprise' situation. Like "oops I forgot to wear panties and this whole
dress will just have to come off." It's just how I interpreted it from
your descriptions of the piercing and your wife. That's all.

Sara

--
saram AT wam.umd.edu, RANA-85
http://iam.bmezine.com/?saram
[make my address kosher to reply]
Go to my iam page to bid on a piece of me!

josh burdette

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 03:01:0902/02/01
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, The-Trainers wrote:
> Naaaa, I am only afraid in cities that ban ordinary citizens from
> owning guns for self-defense. Like DC, Chicago, L.A., New York, Boston,
> London, actually ALL of the UK and Australia... The criminals have
> free-reign there to attack anyone at will with no worries about
> facing an armed intended victim.

i walk the streets of DC every day armed. guns aren't the only weapons
out there. my rule of thumb is that i won't carry any weapon that i'm not
willing to have used against me. i'm personally fond of sharp and shiny
things, and i'm quite skilled with them. i also carry other objects that
can be used to defend myself at all times. i'm also big and strong, and i
don't take kindly to people trying to take my stuff. i don't have a gun,
but i'm not a sitting duck by any stretch of the imagination.

btw, if anyone ever pulls a gun on me, they'd better shoot straight and
fast, or that gun's mine. i promise.

josh
--
josh burdette
tha...@930.com

Ray Pearson

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 07:27:0202/02/01

"The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Ray Pearson wrote:
>

> > Trust me you do not want to meet albert jeffers. In this life or the
next.

> Ok, why?

He is a pig who admits that he tattoos stoned chicks and grabs their ass
whilst doing so.

Ray Pearson

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 07:32:0502/02/01

"josh burdette" <imp9...@930.com> wrote in message

> btw, if anyone ever pulls a gun on me, they'd better shoot straight and
> fast, or that gun's mine. i promise.

This I can believe, and it better be a really big gun at that. I suspect a
little piddly .25 would just bounce off your hide. Of course I always carry
Mr .45 and a sharp shiny object or two<G> It is kinda funny when someone
tries to rob you with a knife in his hand.
Ray

Kavin Taylor

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 08:50:2602/02/01

Too bad you can't always carry a portable tattoo setup with you.
then you could tattoo loser on the would-be robber's forehead.

Kavin

AngieK

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 11:24:5402/02/01
On 2 Feb 2001 05:36:53 GMT, i'll teach you to turn away.
<cr...@santacruz.org> wrote:

unless you are a freak like me.
I only shed once.

---Angie a.k.a. D-Strss (pull teeth to reply)
"I am beginning to believe your annoyance is
something you look for."
-Kavin Taylor 21 Jan 2001 23:17:52

diana cascioli

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 12:12:3102/02/01
AngieK wrote:

> On 2 Feb 2001 05:36:53 GMT, i'll teach you to turn away.
> <cr...@santacruz.org> wrote:

> > tattoos shed scabs, then a week later they peel again. it's the
> >thin scar tissue coming off the second time around, & it resembles
> >onionskin.
>
> unless you are a freak like me.
> I only shed once.

Me too. Maybe *she's* the freak. I mean, lookit.

8D

--
diana cascioli | http://iambmezine.com/?diana
http://gwis2.circ.gwu.edu/~raven | http://bmeworld.com/raven2

Ray Pearson

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 14:58:3602/02/01

Kavin Taylor <kav...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> Too bad you can't always carry a portable tattoo setup with you.
> then you could tattoo loser on the would-be robber's forehead.

or "judgement impaired"

Of course there is the tombstone

brought a knife to a gunfight

Ray

The-Trainers

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 15:19:1602/02/01

I didn't start it, I simply responded truthfully and factually to
the posts of others. Which is more than I can say for some bigoted
others.

The-Trainers

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 15:23:2502/02/01
On 2 Feb 2001, Suzy Smith wrote:

> The Trainers said:

> >Well, mainly that muggers and rapeists in the 34 "right to carry" states
> >don't usually attack women because they KNOW that many women will be armed
> >and will fight back.

> That is the biggest load of horseshit I have ever read.

Well, if you would stop getting all your opinions from TV and politicians
and do some actual research into the violent crime statistics available
on-line from the FBI Uniform Crime Reports which compare states and
look at the changes over the years before and after the "right to carry"
laws were passed, you would get an education on the facts and find out
you have been fooled by the TV.

Education and decisions based on FACTS is a good thing, don't you agree?

I assume you do care about the truth?

> RAB isn't the place to get into a debate over gun laws so I'll shut up now.

So, you showed your ignorance, spewed hate and bigotry and now you are
going to run away before any facts might contaminate your dogma?

Hit&run lies and "ignorance is bliss" are pretty common attitudes
these days I see.

The-Trainers

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 15:32:0602/02/01
I didn't really expect to find such prudes and intolerance on RAB.
My wife was shocked to learn of the few people here with such narrow
minds.

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Nikki wrote:

> "The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote:
> > > you see no reason why anyone should have a problem with anything you do,
> > > do you?

> > Not much, I am a pretty tolerant and open person, and I usually expect
> > others to also be tolerant untill they prove otherwise, like you have.

> A piercer being uncomfortable piercing your wife while she's totally naked

> does not make them intolerant.

Bitching at us because you didn't like the idea is intolerant.

I have yet to encounter a piercer who was the least bit unucomfortable
with it, but then we do go to San Francisco for such things, so they
are pretty used to it from what I hear.

> Just because you want to see your wife naked
> doesn't mean anyone else does.

Geeez, not only intolerant, but you really can't read can you? What I
wanted was irrelevant, it was her idea to make a more full experiance and
make it special to her.

> It's an issue of respect, and you obviously
> have very little for anyone who doesn't agree with you totally.

How ironic, we have full respect for the choices of others and would NEVER
force others to make the same personal decisions as we do. If an artist
was uncomfortable, then we would either go elsewhere or accomodate them.

What could be more respectful than that?

We are fully tolerant of the lifestyle decisions of other poeple, we
have no problem with others living their lives as they see fit.

If an artist does not like our decisions, fine we won't force them to
endure ours.

It is your kind who seems to be disrespectful of the rights of others
to make different decisions than yours.

If the artist did not object, what the hell biz is that of yours, or
anyone elses?

AngieK

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 15:35:2302/02/01
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:23:25 -0800, The-Trainers <trai...@best.com>
wrote:

>On 2 Feb 2001, Suzy Smith wrote:
>
>> The Trainers said:

<snip defensive rant>

go post it to the right ng.

oh...damn... yttrx left...

here:

GO AWAY

AngieK

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 15:44:5102/02/01
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:32:06 -0800, The-Trainers <trai...@best.com>
wrote:

<snip more crap about intolerance>

why are you still here?

Nikki

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 15:28:3702/02/01

"The-Trainers" <trai...@best.com> wrote in message
> I didn't really expect to find such prudes and intolerance on RAB.
> My wife was shocked to learn of the few people here with such narrow
> minds.

You really like that "you're a prude, you're intolerant" argument, don't
you?

> > > Not much, I am a pretty tolerant and open person, and I usually expect
> > > others to also be tolerant untill they prove otherwise, like you have.
>
> > A piercer being uncomfortable piercing your wife while she's totally
naked
> > does not make them intolerant.
>
> Bitching at us because you didn't like the idea is intolerant.

I never bitched once. I said I can understand how a piercer would be
uncomfortable. There's a difference.

> I have yet to encounter a piercer who was the least bit unucomfortable
> with it, but then we do go to San Francisco for such things, so they
> are pretty used to it from what I hear.
>
> > Just because you want to see your wife naked
> > doesn't mean anyone else does.
>
> Geeez, not only intolerant, but you really can't read can you? What I
> wanted was irrelevant, it was her idea to make a more full experiance and
> make it special to her.

I can read, thanks. You seem to have misinterpreted me. You don't seem to
understand how anyone could possibly be uncomfortable with your wife's
nudity. That's what I was referring to.

> > It's an issue of respect, and you obviously
> > have very little for anyone who doesn't agree with you totally.
>
> How ironic, we have full respect for the choices of others and would NEVER
> force others to make the same personal decisions as we do. If an artist
> was uncomfortable, then we would either go elsewhere or accomodate them.
>
> What could be more respectful than that?

My issue wasn't with respecting the piercer. If the piercer is fine with
it, great. My problem was that you refuse to respect those here on RAB that
think it's inappropriate.

> We are fully tolerant of the lifestyle decisions of other poeple, we
> have no problem with others living their lives as they see fit.
>
> If an artist does not like our decisions, fine we won't force them to
> endure ours.
>
> It is your kind who seems to be disrespectful of the rights of others
> to make different decisions than yours.

My kind? Pardon me, but you've never met me, don't fucking tell me about my
"kind".

> If the artist did not object, what the hell biz is that of yours, or
> anyone elses?

Like I said, I don't care, as long as the artist doesn't object. I care
that you were rude when other people suggested that an artist *might*
object.

And *I'm* the intolerant one. Go fig.

The-Trainers

da leggere,
2 feb 2001, 16:19:2502/02/01
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, AngieK wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:15:02 -0800, The-Trainers <trai...@best.com>
> >On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Judith Grunberger wrote:
> >> no, i got the idea.
> >
> >No, you accused ME of forceing her to do it when in fact it was her idea.
> >
> >Or were youy lying when you made that accusation?

> I missed that post I guess. The only "accusation" she made was that
> you like it when your wife parades around naked.

I almost always like it when my wife is happy and having good
experiances. That's sort ofwhat it means to love someone.

> I got the same impression from your posts.

Bigoted and intolerant people usually do see exactly what serves their
bigotry, even if it's not really there.

I am NOT responsible to carefully craft every sentance to avoid any
possibility of any bigot jumping to false and negative conclusions.

Bigots can find evil between any two words, there is nothing a writer
can do to prevent that. I have no desire to try either.

The problem is in the mirror.

> >> i have PERSONALLY talked to piercers who have had to deal with people
> >> like your wife.
> >
> >Ones that do female nipples and genitals and they can't cope with nudity?

> They cope with it, they don't appreciate unnecessary flashing.
> There is a difference.

For some, fine, just not the ones we have met.

By the way, I hope you are NOT jumping to the conclusion that we were
saying the EVERYONE should do as we do?

For the kiddies out there incapable of thinking for themselves:
"Warning, don't try this at home!"

Does that help?

> >Do they pierce with their eyes closed?

> funny.

Ok, but do you get the point?

> >Do they work like in an operating room with a huge sterile drap with a
> >little hole cut into it ONLY exposing the area to be worked on?

> oh my hilarious.

But WHY is that even funny?

By YOUR attitude I would have to assume that is the ONLY acceptable
way to do the work, at least for the artists that think like you.

> why are you so bent out of shape?

Simple, I don't like intolerant people. I especially don't like people
trashing what was a great experiance that offended nobody and which
made my wife very happy with the whole experiance.

I get this same sort of bigoted garbage from people who hate us for
owning guns, who hate us for being open to swinging/polyamoury,
who hate us for BDSM, who hate us for being pro-choice on abortion,
who hated us for living together before we were married, etc....

Bigots of all stripes piss us off.

> Stripping naked for a 3x3 tattoo _is not_ necessary.

The one she is thinking of getting in her pubic hair region would
be pretty close to necessary.

And again, if the artist is fine with it, WHY do you complain?

What biz is it of yours?

> Not everyone on the planet would be thrilled to ogle your wife's
> naughty bits

See, I think right there is your problem, you see them as "naughty bits"
we see them as natural and beautiful. You seem to have some problems
which you are projecting on the whole world.

> or to have to try to avoid uncomfortable eye contact,
> etc.
> Some would consider this a kind of harassment.

Fine, I never claimed otherwise, even though we have not met one yet,
but some are fine with it too.

You seem to think those who are ok with it are somehow evil and we
are also evil for picking a tolerant person.

> >> let me tell you -- they're not impressed with her confidence or
> >> empowerment.

> >Nor do I care what they are "impressed" by, they are doing their job,
> >the experiance belongs to the client.

> so, if I want to suck my husbands cock while getting a tattoo, the
> artist should be happy to allow it because it's my experience?

"should"?

Might be, sure, I said nothing about "should".

We believe in "to each his/her own".

I am sure some would be fine with it, perhaps even entertained,
does that make them evil?

I never said anyone "should" make the same decisions as we do, nor
would we force our onto others if they didn't like it.

> What if I just want to drink chicken blood while chanting a voodoo
> blessing as a part or my experience? you think so?

I have no doubt that you COULD find an artist who would not mind that,
you may have to go to some Caribbean island, but again, would that
make him evil?

> >If one is to adorn ones body with something to last to the grave, one has
> >the perfect right to get the most out of it. If the artist can't cope,
> >we can go elsewhere, or we can accomodate, depending on how we feel
> >aout the skills of the artist and if we have a second choice.

> well, if it gets back to you that the artist was annoyed at having to
> put up with you even though he allowed it, don't come complain about
> it here expecting sympathy.

Where have I asked for any sympathy?

> >> they just wish she would have worn pants.
> >
> >Oh? You asked the piercer who worked on my wife? I doubt that.

> no.

Good, then you can declare them evil for not being offended without
knowing them at all.

> the tattooists and piercers she has talked to about
> this type of behavior in their clients.

Which is a poll of what percentage of professionals?

How many in San Francisco?

> >> look, bucko, youre not going to tittilate rab.
> >
> >Of course not, we are simply pretty open people, we don't give a rats-ass
> >if others are impressed or tittilated or whatever. We do as we do, like it
> >or lump it.

> then why tell us?

Just being open, what's YOUR excuse to attack?

Remember, my main interest was in the white tatt info, as yet I have not
gotten one single reccomendation of whom to go to to even ASK about
their experiance with white ink.

The rest were just side-details that we have no reason to hide.

If people can't controll themselves and feel compelled by their own
problems to respond with personal attacks about those side-details,
that says more about them than me.

Your attitude seems clear that you have shame issues and would not
share anything you were not forced to. We don't have such problems.

> >At the street party we did not care one bit if anyone noticed or liked
> >what they saw or not, it was for us, not them. We would have been just
> >as happy if nobody noticed at all.
> >
> >Take your intolerance elsewhere and allow us to be open and honest, ok?

> take it to an exhibitionist newsgroup then.

Do they have info about white ink tatts?

> Guess what? that freedom of speech thing you are so gung-ho about
> means that people do not have to tolerate you and keep their mouths
> shut.

Fine, nor do I have to sit back and allow them to scream bigotry and hate
my direction without responding to state my side of things.

That is what I was saying.

> Not that it applies to the internet reallt... but still.

Sure it does, the Internet is one of the freest forms of speech ever
invented.

Nobody is able to prevent anyone else from exercising their freedom
of speech by "shouting-down" the other person. The majority CANNOT
bully the minority or stop the unpopular point of view from being
expressed.

It's about as free as free speech can get.

> >> we just simply dont give a rats ass about your wife's proclivities.
> >
> >And I don't care about your prudeishness either.

> judy
> prude

As your words show.

> >You may not think of yourself as a prude, but I assure you you are.

> Oh. You are a friend of Judy's?

No need to be, I can go by her words.

> >> so shut the fuck up about your flashing and your threesomes and
> >> whatever other "shocking" tidbits youve yet to reveal.
> >
> >I would be shocked if anyone was shocked at anything we have done,
> >but that does not mean I have any reason to hide our lives either.
> >And heck, I have not even mentioned the most interesting stuff at all,
> >not even a hint at it.

> i bet we don't care about that either.

Nor do I care what you care about, that's fair.

If you don't care about it, don't comment about it.

> >YOU may be embarrassed by your lives, but we are not.

> annoyed with your brag-posting you mean.

What "brag" are you talking about?

Facts are not brags.

> >If YOU can't take it, don't read it.

> if you can't stay on topic and are upset by opposing opinions, you
> should leave.

I WAS on-topic, it is YOU who are making things into personal attacks
and off-topic rants of intolerance.

If you didn't want to discuss the issue, then don't bitch at me.

> You are obviously in the wrong newsgroup if you are
> looking for acceptance and unconditional friendship.

Usenet is the wrong place for that, anyone who thinks otherwise is
fooling themselves.

> >Freedom of speech means that even speech that SOME people find offensive,
> >is also protected.

> even judy's
> :o

And WHERE exactly did I claim that I wanted to find a way to silence
her freedom of speech?

Bigotry exposed is the best way to eliminate it.

Heck, I am perfectly happy to allow people to speak offensively, it helps
show what sort of people they are. Bigots and intolerant people tend
to show themselves for what they are when they attack the personal
decisions of other people.

> >I prefer to imagine tolerant people untill they prove to be otherwise.
> >
> >> imagine all kinds of people being different than you expect them to be.
> >
> >Sure, and that's why we assume tolerant, freindly people untill SOMEONE
> >pops up to prove that intiolerant unfreindly people do exist, but only
> >a few, like you.

> if Judy is being unfriendly and intolerant, than I must be a total
> bitch. YAY!!!

As you wish.

> >> then, imagine being considerate of that.
> >
> >Fine, nobody forced you to read, and if the artist objects, no problem,
> >we accomodate, or we go elsewhere.

> nobody forced you to post.

Nobody forced you to attack me and my wife for our harmless personal
decisions either.

You simply could not keep your intolerant opinions to yourself, you had
to attack.

I have every right to respond.

> everyone is free to reply however they see fit. no moderator here, honey.

Of course, thus your complaints about off-topic are non-sense and
hypocritical.

> >> you can also check your "look everyone im an athiest" trip now, just in
> >> case you were about to start on one. rab doesnt care about that either.

> >You sure seem to care about everything!

> you sure seem to be defensive about everything....

One defends oneself when one is attacked.

> >No, she just expects people to be open, freindly, tolerant untill they
> >prove themselves to be like you. Those people we don't need.

> you mean people who don't go along with what you want.

No, people who attack others who have done no harm to anyone.

If others don't wish to make the same decisions, fine, they don't have to,
but in YOUR mind ANYONE who makes different decisions than YOU must be
evil.

We tolerate anyone making different decisions for themselves, we just
don't want people to try to limit freedom of choice for others.

If the artist is offended, fine, we will either accomodate them or
go elsewhere, what's wrong with that?

> i know many friendly open tolerant people who would not like the
> situation.

Then they are not as open or freindly as they think. they have lower
limits than other people, like all of the people we have met so far
in piercing studios in San Francisco.

> >Many people who think of themselves being good tolerant people
> >are really just as bigoted and intolerant as anyone racist group
> >anywhere. They just THINK they are different, but they are not.

> most people who claim to have no biases are either stupid or lying.

I have no doubt I have some biases, but that does NOT mean I think
people who choose differently are evil people, short of those who
actually do harm to others of course.

Thinking harmless people who make different decisions than you are evil,
that goes beyond bias, that is bigotry.

For my biases:

I have a bias against the use of illegal drugs, I perfer not to
be around people when they are in possession of anything more than Pot,
and I prefer not to be there when they do even Pot, I won't allow
illegal drugs in my cars, and no longer in my home.

BUT, I do NOT claim these people who do no harm but do drugs are evil,
I simply make it clear I don't wish to be there where the drugs are.

I certainly am not offended by the fact that they do drugs.

Some are still my freinds even though I know they use, because they
do no harm to others by their use and they are freinds otherwise.

I don't allow smoking tobacco in my cars or home, and I prefer to avoid
smoke when I can, but I don't think smokers are evil people.

I tolerate the choices of others up to the point where they do harm.

I also do NOT force our choices onto other people, with the exception
of in our cars or home.

There are certainly many things I don't like, but that does NOT mean
I think everyone who chooses differently is evil.

Sta caricando altri messaggi.
0 nuovi messaggi