Ranma's Timeslip (Part 1)

christian gadeken

Nov 18, 1992, 12:08:16 AM11/18/92

Here I go again...

Ranma 1/2 : Actor in the Mirror

Part 1

[Angle on the Tendou home, inside the fence. From a ways off,
we hear a strange noise, like thunder recorded at 33 and played
at 45. It grows louder, and suddenly Ranma-chan bursts through
the gate, growling, waving her arms, and generally in a high
temper. She stops next to a tree in the yard, and vents some
of her rage by demolishing a fair portion of the trunk. Cut
to the interior of the house, with Kasumi walking down the
hall, carrying a tray of tea things. Ranma-chan walks up
next to her and, without breaking stride, picks up the pot,
pours it over herself, and returns it to the tray.]

Ranma:"Thank you"

[Kasumi stares after Ranma as he climbs the stairs, surprised
and a little disturbed. Cut to Ranma lying on his futon.]

Ranma:[Suddenly sitting up and grabbing his hair] Aaarrrgh!
[He falls back down.] I can't stand this any longer.
I've got to find a way back to normal before I go nuts!
[We see a series of flashbacks of what the day has been like,
with Kunou jumping him(her) , Akane splashing him every time
she got mad, and Kodachi showing up to accuse "her" of trying
to steal "Ranma-sama."]

Ranma:[rolling onto his stomach] I've got to find a way to
get rid of this curse. If I don't, I don't think I can stand
to live this ridiculous life any longer! [Puts his head down
on his arms.] Aaaah, who am I kidding? Turning back to a
normal man is just a dream... [pauses] A dream... [lifts his
head up like he's had an idea] A dream! Yeah!

[He gets up and dashes out of the room. Cut to the hall
outside Happosai's room. Ranma comes bounding up, puts
his hand on the sliding door - and pauses. He straightens
up, takes a deep breath, and knocks on the doorframe.]

Happosai:[inside] Yes?

Ranma:[opening the door] It's me, grandad.

Happosai: Ah, Ranma, come in. [Holding up a panty] I
think Akane's taste is improving, don't you?

Ranma:[closing the door and sitting down] Um, I really
wouldn't know... I came to ask a favor.

Happosai:Oh?

Ranma:Yes... [pause] A while back, I saw a dream where
you'd repaired the nanban mirror and kept it safe.

Happosai:Mmm... Dreams can show you interesting things.

Ranma:Yes... In the dream, I traveled back in time, and
kept myself from falling into the pool at Jusenkyo.

Happosai:Eh!?!

Ranma:Grandad, if you allow me to borrow the mirror, I
will do whatever you ask of me in return. [Bows formally]

Happosai:Never! [jumps up to his full 24 inches] Never could
I allow that! If you changed the past like that...

Ranma:What would happen?

Happosai:That... That... That cute Ranma-chan would never appear
again! [Bursts into tears. Ranma does a face-fault]

Ranma:But grandad...

Happosai:Absolutely not! How could you even think of depriving
me of her! Out, out, out,...!

[Later, in Ranma's room. He's lying on his futon again]

Ranma:Dammit! There has to be some way I can convince him...
[rolls over] What does he want more then me being around as
a girl... [pause. He sits up and looks at the dresser.]
How far am I willing to go for this...? [looks determined]
No! If I get that mirror, I can finish it once and for all!
[He opens one of the drawers and roots through it.]

[Cut to Happosai's room. Happosai is puffing on his pipe.
Ranma slides the door open.]

Ranma:Hey, grandad!

Happosai:Forget it. There's nothing I want more than Ranma-chan
being near me.

Ranma:[holds up what looks like a stack of photographs] How
about a way to remember her forever, even when I'm a guy?

Happosai:What's that?

Ranma:Remember these?

[Ranma dangles the photos from one hand(They're strung
together with twine.). Happosai gapes at pictures of
Ranma-chan posing sexily in panties and bra(or less).]

Happosai:Sweet! [lunges for the photos]

Ranma:[yanking them back] Oh, no! Mirror first, then photos!

Happosai:[stamping his foot] Ranma, you...!

Ranma:[waving the pictures] She'll be gone, but you'll remember
her forever...

Happosai:Aarrgh! [turns and rummages under his futon, then
turns around holding an antique mirror crisscrossed with
taped-over cracks.] Here! [Ranma takes the mirror and
tosses the photos out the window] Waaah! [lunges after
them.]

[Ranma holds the mirror up and cackles triumphantly, then
dashes off down the hall. Cut to the kitchen, where Akane
is helping Kasumi make dinner. (Aaaah! :)]

Akane:Well, it *was* a pretty wild day, but that's still no
excuse. [frowns down at the onion she's chopping] He
should apologize, at least!

Kasumi:Maybe... He really seemed upset, though. I wonder-
[breaks off as Ranma runs into the room]

Ranma:[grabbing the unchopped part of the onion from in
front of Akane] "Thank you!"

[Akane gapes after Ranma as he dashes out of the room, then
yanks off her apron and goes after him. Cut to the garden.
Ranma is rubbing the onion on one eye as Akane walks up to
him.]

Ranma:[letting a tear fall onto the mirror] Take me to
Jusenkyo, right before Dad and I visited it!

Akane:[ignoring what he's doing] Ranma, are you losing what
little manners you have!?

Ranma:[looking up, startled] Eh!? Akane, get away quickly!

Akane:What!

[The mirror flares blindingly bright. As the light fades, Ranma
and Akane are nowhere to be seen...]

T S U Z U K U . . .
--
C h r i s t i a n G a d e k e n

Yakumo: "But I really did destroy a monster in Hong Kong!
Saru : "Ahem, ahem"
Yakumo: "Saru, do you believe me?"
Saru : "Where's my Hong Kong souvenir?"