[Help!] ***Who Is Gigi???***

Doron Schleifer

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

Heya all!

Maybe someone can help me with this:

About 11 or 12 years ago, when I was only 5 years old,
there was on TV an animated series
which (I think) was a Shoujo Anime called "Gigi".

I don't remember much of it 'cause I was only 5,
but I do remember that it was about a pink-haired girl
named Gigi, who looked a little like Chibi-Usa, and had
a transformation-"something" (I don't think it was a brooch
like the one that Sailor Moon has, but it was very close to it)
that allows her to transform to anything sho wanted to
(She also yells something like Ha-riki Ba-tiki... ).

I'm not sure it's a Shoujo Anime, 'cause I'm not sure about the
origin. It might as well be french animation, but the language it
was in, was English.

So, if this series still airs on one of the channels you have,
or if anyone of you knows something (anything) about that series,
PLEASE SPEAK UP!

I still haven't found anything about it, so please help me.

Doron Schleifer
Jerusalem, Israel
E-mail: eli...@vms.huji.ac.il

Michel Galle

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

HI
I'm french and "Gigi" was also broadcoasted on french TV...

D Maybe someone can help me with this:

I can

> About 11 or 12 years ago, when I was only 5 years old,
> there was on TV an animated series
> which (I think) was a Shoujo Anime called "Gigi".

It's an JAPAN animation !!! translated in english and even French !!!

it's not french animation !! only few french one were good... now
french animation is very poor,
there are NOTHING !!

> So, if this series still airs on one of the channels you have,
> or if anyone of you knows something (anything) about that series,
> PLEASE SPEAK UP!

"Gigi" was a magical girl and she had two animals (pet ?) which spoken
with her.
She helped people thanks her powers . She was not from earth but
from another world (of dreans ?? I don't know anymore...)
but thanks to magical spells ,a fanilly thought she was their little
girl...

I don't know about american TV ^_^ but in France ,NO TV will broadcost
japanese anime again (but dragonballz and sailormoon because there are
many MONEY to do...)...
waitt ! eli...@vms.huji.ac.il.... "il" as Israel ???

I never saw Israel Tv ...

soon I will able to say more about Gigi.. (by example the japanese
title...)

bye.

---
Michel
Bernar...@wanadoo.fr at home
Michel...@masi.ibp.fr at work
---

Derek Janssen

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

Doron Schleifer wrote:

> Heya all!

> Maybe someone can help me with this:
>
> About 11 or 12 years ago, when I was only 5 years old,
> there was on TV an animated series
> which (I think) was a Shoujo Anime called "Gigi".
>
> I don't remember much of it 'cause I was only 5,
> but I do remember that it was about a pink-haired girl
> named Gigi, who looked a little like Chibi-Usa, and had
> a transformation-"something" (I don't think it was a brooch
> like the one that Sailor Moon has, but it was very close to it)
> that allows her to transform to anything sho wanted to

"Gigi" = "Magical Princess Minki Momo"

(From the people who turned Nausicaä into "Princess Zandra"...)

> So, if this series still airs on one of the channels you have,
> or if anyone of you knows something (anything) about that series,
> PLEASE SPEAK UP!

It was a SERIES????

Derek Janssen
djan...@ultranet.com

Robert Bain

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

[Show desc snipped]

If she had pink hair, it might be Minky Momo. Beyond that, I dunno...

--
-- "The best lack all conviction, while the worst
-- are filled with a passionate intensity." --> W. B. Yeats, on Usenet.

Richard Llewellyn

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

In article <31ECBF...@ultranet.com>

Derek Janssen <djan...@ultranet.com> writes:

>Doron Schleifer wrote:
>>
>> Heya all!
>>
>> Maybe someone can help me with this:
>>
>> About 11 or 12 years ago, when I was only 5 years old,
>> there was on TV an animated series
>> which (I think) was a Shoujo Anime called "Gigi".
>>

>"Gigi" = "Magical Princess Minki Momo"

Gigi was the translation of the first Minky Momo series (1983).

>(From the people who turned Nausicad into "Princess Zandra"...)

> > So, if this series still airs on one of the channels you have,
>> or if anyone of you knows something (anything) about that series,
>> PLEASE SPEAK UP!
>>
>It was a SERIES????

Only if you consider a year's worth of tv shows (63 episodes) and one long
oav a series. She also co-starred in the two oavs for the second series.

Yours in anime,
Richard Llewellyn * DETECTIVE CONAN * THE
Science Library, University of Georgia VISION OF ESCAFLOWNE *
Athens, Georgia 30602 * JIGOKU SENSEI NUBE *
Internet: rl...@uga.cc.uga.edu * SAILOR MOON, SAILOR
Telephone: (706) 542-6642 STARS * GHOST IN THE
FAX: (706) 542-7907 SHELL * MIZUIRO JIDAI *

Master of Reality

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

Good ol' Doron Schleifer <eli...@vms.huji.ac.il> wrote:

>Heya all!

>Maybe someone can help me with this:

>About 11 or 12 years ago, when I was only 5 years old,
>there was on TV an animated series
>which (I think) was a Shoujo Anime called "Gigi".

>I don't remember much of it 'cause I was only 5,

>but I do remember that it was about a pink-haired girl
>named Gigi, who looked a little like Chibi-Usa, and had
>a transformation-"something" (I don't think it was a brooch
>like the one that Sailor Moon has, but it was very close to it)
>that allows her to transform to anything sho wanted to

>(She also yells something like Ha-riki Ba-tiki... ).

>I'm not sure it's a Shoujo Anime, 'cause I'm not sure about the
>origin. It might as well be french animation, but the language it
>was in, was English.

>So, if this series still airs on one of the channels you have,

>or if anyone of you knows something (anything) about that series,
>PLEASE SPEAK UP!

>I still haven't found anything about it, so please help me.

> Doron Schleifer
> Jerusalem, Israel
> E-mail: eli...@vms.huji.ace

Are you talking about Gigi the Magical Princess? Well if you are I
think she uses a candy caine insted of a brooch.
I dont know about the sereis,(Time, day etc.) but she hass theese
freinds,a bird and I cant remember the other one.
| m.o.r.
|
| Swimmin' in heavy water, buried in the sand
| Happy hearts fall from my stupid hands

james Steven Leek

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

If I remeber right, Gigi the Magical Princess is the american
version of Minky Momo. I'm not positive tho'

jsl...@ecst.csuchico.edu

Enrique Conty

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

In article <31ECBF...@ultranet.com> Derek Janssen <djan...@ultranet.com> writes:

>"Gigi" = "Magical Princess Minki Momo"

Yes.

>It was a SERIES????

There were several series, OVAs, a movie or three...

--
Enrique Conty | co...@cig.mot.com | http://www.mcs.net/~conty

Come to Anime Central, the Midwest's first anime convention!
Visit our website at http://www.mcs.net/~docangst/3w/ac/

Derek Janssen

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

Enrique Conty wrote:

> In article <31ECBF...@ultranet.com> Derek Janssen <djan...@ultranet.com> writes:
> >
> >"Gigi" = "Magical Princess Minki Momo"
>
> Yes.
>
> >It was a SERIES????
>
> There were several series, OVAs, a movie or three...

I mean, was the dubbed "Gigi" a series?--I'd been trying to find some
of the early and later "Minki Momo"'s, and yes, I'd be that desperate...

Derek Janssen
djan...@ultranet.com

Gerardo Campos

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

In article <1996Jul17....@news.huji.ac.il>, Doron Schleifer <eli...@vms.huji.ac.il> writes::: Heya all!
.:
[...]

Gigi was a magic girl, she was the daughter of the king of the Dream planet.
Well the story begins when the Dream planet was available for all the humans.
But the king went to sleep, (he was very tiny and the queen was tall) but
tha panet started to move out of earth. Se he sent Gigi (his daughter) to
earth to make people to believe in dreams. She lived with a femily without
kids, and with her magic, make them to beleive hat she was their daughter.
She came with three pets, A big dog, a bird and the other i dony remember
very well.

She used a magic stick to convert herself into an adult with a proffesion,
at the words of "Magic Diamond, give me the power, a police officer I want
to be" or something like that. She had to do good things to people, so she
coud earn the jewels needed to make the dream planet come back to earth.

She also had a car with a trailer, that converted in a kind of helicopter.

That's what remember, because they showed many years ago.

Gerardo Campos
Guadalajara, Mexico
cdg0...@quantum.ucting.udg.mx

Doron Schleifer

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

In article <31ECBF...@ultranet.com>, Derek Janssen <djan...@ultranet.com> says:

>"Gigi" = "Magical Princess Minki Momo"
>

>(From the people who turned Nausicaä into "Princess Zandra"...)
>

> > So, if this series still airs on one of the channels you have,

>> or if anyone of you knows something (anything) about that series,

>> PLEASE SPEAK UP!
>>
>It was a SERIES????

Well, I've done a little research in the Web and found out that the
"series" I talked about was the 1st Minky Momo series ('82-'83) which
has been shown in English dub on Israel TV in 1985.

I think that what you are talkin' about in the 90 min OVA
"Yume no naka no Rondo" of Minky Momo from 1985 which was shown
in Israel (in English) in 1990.

True, I was only 5 years old in '85 and didn't understand English, but I'm
sure that the original Minky Momo serise was dubbed to English as
"Princess Gigi".

Anyway, the thing I'm looking for in particular is a sound file
or lyrics of the opening (or ending) theme of the English dubbed
OVA or the dubbed seires (if there was one...).

Does anybody knows where I can get it, or can make a sound file??

Doron

Gino Tabusso

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

Gerardo Campos wrote:

> She came with three pets, A big dog, a bird and the other i dony remember
> very well.

It was a monkey (I also watched the spanish version!^_-)

> She used a magic stick to convert herself into an adult with a proffesion,
> at the words of "Magic Diamond, give me the power, a police officer I want
> to be" or something like that. She had to do good things to people, so she
> coud earn the jewels needed to make the dream planet come back to earth.
>
> She also had a car with a trailer, that converted in a kind of helicopter.
>
> That's what remember, because they showed many years ago.
>
> Gerardo Campos
> Guadalajara, Mexico
> cdg0...@quantum.ucting.udg.mx

I think that a couple of OAVs have been made since the end of the second part
of the series.

Gino Tabusso
Sydney, Australia
gtab...@godzilla.zeta.org.au

Edward Seehwan Kwon

Jul 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/24/96

Derek Janssen (djan...@ultranet.com) wrote:
: Doron Schleifer wrote:

Gigi is the name of a female mobile suit pilot in the Gundam Side Story
'Senkou no Hathaway' or Shining Hathaway.

Eddie KWon

TAKEUCHI Shouichi

Jul 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/24/96

In article <4sllqk$d...@trotsky.cig.mot.com>, co...@rtsg.mot.com says...

>In article <31ECBF...@ultranet.com> Derek Janssen
<djan...@ultranet.com> wr
>ites:
>>
>>"Gigi" = "Magical Princess Minki Momo"
>
>Yes.
>
>>It was a SERIES????
>
>There were several series, OVAs, a movie or three...

Magical Princess Minky Momo
(played by KOYAMA Mami)
1982-83

Magical Princess Minky Momo
(played by HAYASHIBARA Megumi)
1991-1992

Fairy Princess Minky Momo - Yume no Naka no Rondo -
OAV 1987

Minky Momo in "Yume ni Kakeru Hashi"
OAV 1993

Minky Momo in "Tabidachi no Eki"
OAV 1994

--
Regards,
Takeuchi Shouichi(Seiya Otaku)

Anon

Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96

Gerardo Campos wrote:

> Gigi was a magic girl, she was the daughter of the king of the Dream planet.
> Well the story begins when the Dream planet was available for all the humans.
> But the king went to sleep, (he was very tiny and the queen was tall) but
> tha panet started to move out of earth. Se he sent Gigi (his daughter) to
> earth to make people to believe in dreams. She lived with a femily without
> kids, and with her magic, make them to beleive hat she was their daughter.

> She came with three pets, A big dog, a bird and the other i dony remember
> very well.
>

> She used a magic stick to convert herself into an adult with a proffesion,
> at the words of "Magic Diamond, give me the power, a police officer I want
> to be" or something like that. She had to do good things to people, so she
> coud earn the jewels needed to make the dream planet come back to earth.
>
> She also had a car with a trailer, that converted in a kind of helicopter.
>
> That's what remember, because they showed many years ago.

Otherwise known as Minky Momo.
Wil

Koban TNK

Aug 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/7/96

Anon <gma...@futurenet.co.uk> is often mistakenly quoted as saying:

>Gerardo Campos wrote:

>> tha panet started to move out of earth. Se he sent Gigi (his daughter) to

shouldn't that be "started to move out of *orbit?*"
PS. Never fear, Koban the Ninja Kat is here!
Look, if you go around opening up prison doors willy-nilly, of course the people behind them will follow you!
-From "Magic Sword: the BlackOrb," coming soon to a theater near you.
Starring Kevin Sorbo as the hero, and Dennis Hopper as the LizardMan
Magic Sword is TM & C Capcom

TAKEUCHI Shouichi

Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96

In article <320770...@futurenet.co.uk>, gma...@futurenet.co.uk says...

>Gerardo Campos wrote:
>
>> Gigi was a magic girl, she was the daughter of the king of the Dream
planet.

"Mahou no Purinsesu Minkii Momo" (Magical Princess Minky Momo)

>> Well the story begins when the Dream planet was available for all the
>> humans.

The Dream Planet was called Fenarinasa.

>> But the king went to sleep, (he was very tiny and the queen was tall) but

>> tha panet started to move out of earth. Se he sent Gigi (his daughter) to

>> earth to make people to believe in dreams. She lived with a femily without
>> kids, and with her magic, make them to beleive hat she was their daughter.
>> She came with three pets, A big dog, a bird and the other i dony remember
>> very well.

In the first series ( 1982 ), she came with three pets:
ShindoBook, the big dog; Pipil, a bird; Mocha, a monkey.

>> She used a magic stick to convert herself into an adult with a proffesion,

the magic stick was called Minky Stekki ( Minky Stick ).

>> at the words of "Magic Diamond, give me the power, a police officer I want
>> to be" or something like that. She had to do good things to people, so she
>> coud earn the jewels needed to make the dream planet come back to earth.

In the first series (1982), the words were

" Pipiruma Pipiruma Puririnpa, Papareho Papareho Doriminpa,
Adaruto Tacchi de **** ni nare ".

>> She also had a car with a trailer, that converted in a kind of helicopter.

In the first series (1982), that combined machine was called
GurumePoppo.

>> That's what remember, because they showed many years ago.
>
>Otherwise known as Minky Momo.
>Wil

Recently, Minky Momo was remade (1991). I've watched few episodes
of the new series, though, the "original" Minky Momo guest starred
in some episodes. While "original" Momo came from the Fenarinasa
( dream planet ), "new" Minky Momo came from the Marinnasa ( dream
land in the ocean) .

FYI, original Momo was played by KOYAMA Mami ( who played Esmerodo
in Sailor Moon R ), and the new Momo was played by HAYASHIBARA Megumi
( one of the most popular anime voice actresses in Japan)