Dragonball?

Chang Lin

Dec 15, 1993, 10:38:35 PM12/15/93
I have so many questions about this series.
Since I KNOW that I will probably NEVER see this show subbed or unsubbed
(HINT HINT to anbody that has it), so I guuess I'll just ask questions
about it insteaad. Here I go:
After seeing a couple pictures of some of the characters I noticed that
some of them were repeated. Ex. Son Goku and Super Seigan "Son Gokuu.
Whats all that about?
Also, what is the storyline? Son Gokuuu is the protagonist right? Or is
it Son Gohan?
Lastly, what is the plot? Thanks for any help

Chang

Gautama Buddha

Dec 16, 1993, 7:20:34 AM12/16/93
In article <931215.815...@delphi.com> you write:
>I have so many questions about this series.

Hoo-boy ... my favorite subject ... :)

>Since I KNOW that I will probably NEVER see this show subbed or unsubbed
>(HINT HINT to anbody that has it), so I guuess I'll just ask questions

Dragonball Z, I've never seen subtitled ANYWHERE. ;_; Original Dragonball
is alive and subtitled on Cable here in Southern California and in New
York, maybe other places as well.

>about it insteaad. Here I go:
> After seeing a couple pictures of some of the characters I noticed that
>some of them were repeated. Ex. Son Goku and Super Seigan "Son Gokuu.
>Whats all that about?

Goku is a member of an alien race called the Saiyajin. Saiyans are
basically spacefaring, technology-stealing, evil bastards with tails who
turn into gigantic 40-foot apes at the full moon. They're also
incredibly powerful psis and are generally KICK-ASS in the worst way.

A trick Saiyans can do is to go "beyond the edge of anger", as Goku puts
it, and turn into a Super-Saiyajin: your hair explodes into a blond mess
and your power increases 10-fold or so. Fun to watch. Super Saiyans are
incredibly rare as you can only become one if your heart is pure. (Tells
you something about Saiyajin, I think :)

> Also, what is the storyline? Son Gokuuu is the protagonist right? Or is
>it Son Gohan?
> Lastly, what is the plot? Thanks for any help

The plot varies between Original Dragonball and Dragonball Z. In
Original Dragonball, there are seven mystical spheres (dragonballs)
scattered across the world; collecting them all in one place summons
Shenlon, the dragon god, who will grant you one wish. Goku is very
young and the series is about his adventures searching for them.

In Dragonball Z, Goku has grown up and married, and now has a son
(Gohan). The dragonballs still exist, but the emphasis is more on
fighting and psychic combat than on adventures. Don't get me wrong, the
show is still a lot of fun ... :)

In the MOST RECENT episodes, Goku is DEAD and the attention has shifted
over to Gohan, who is now entering High School. I refuse to watch this.

Goku is and always will be :) the protagonist, although lately ...

--
Dragonball Hunter Rockear This .signature slippery when wet.
MEIN REICH! MEIN HOLT! MEIN MUTERLAND! MEIN BREAKFAST! | suk...@netcom.com

Raa Amon Zepol

Dec 16, 1993, 1:58:37 PM12/16/93
On Thu, 16 Dec 1993 12:20:34 GMT Gautama Buddha scribed:

> In the MOST RECENT episodes, Goku is DEAD and the attention has shifted
> over to Gohan, who is now entering High School. I refuse to watch this.

> Goku is and always will be :) the protagonist, although lately ...

huhuhu hu hhuhuh uhuh new dragonball sucks ... uhuh uh uh uhuhu huhuhu
hehe hehehhhe heheh shut up butthad ehehe I'll kick your ass hehe hehe

Yeah ... the new DragonBall just dont have the magic ...

I agree with TuuRD (The Rock Dude) ^_^

--
/\__.__/\/\_____/\_______/\_ __ /\_.___/\__. Raa Amon Zepol
\ | /\____ \ ____/\ \/ \ \ | \_ |__ Xaemyl et SuperTzar

Frank Chen

Dec 17, 1993, 2:12:53 PM12/17/93

Chang Lin <CHAN...@delphi.com> wrote:
> After seeing a couple pictures of some of the characters I noticed that
>some of them were repeated. Ex. Son Goku and Super Seigan "Son Gokuu.
>Whats all that about?
> Also, what is the storyline? Son Gokuuu is the protagonist right? Or is
>it Son Gohan?
> Lastly, what is the plot? Thanks for any help

Okay,Son Goku is a Saiya-jin. Meaning tha
t his race has the ability to transform
into super saiya-jins (meaning a better fighting abilty and power). The only Saiya-
jins in dragonball (so far) are Son Goku
,Son Gohan,Son Goten,Vegita & Truncks.

Goku was the main character,Until he died
(again).I'll leave the plot for someone
else who has time to post it or someone
who knows the story better then I do.

Phil Yee