Ranma's Timeslip (Part 3)

christian gadeken

Dec 1, 1992, 11:33:36 PM12/1/92

Sorry about the delay, Thanksgiving vacation plus
temporary burnout... I should finish this before
Christmas(I hope).

Ranma Nibunnoichi : Actor in the Mirror

Part 3

[Angle on a rainy street. Two figures appear through the downpour,
which, as they approach, we recognize as Genma and Ranma, both
dressed in gis. Ranma skids to a halt as he(and we) realize
three things: 1.It's raining.
2.He's soaked through.
3.He's still male.]

Ranma:Huh!?! [stares at his hands, then feels his chest]

[Ranma sheds the backpack he's wearing and somersaults skyward
with a triple flip and full twist.]

Ranma:EEEEEEEEYAHOOOOOO!!! [lands on the fence next to the street
and starts a series of flips and capers that would make Kim
Zmeskal turn green with envy]

Genma:[staring at his son's antics] Eh!?

[Ranma slips off the fence into the canal below. A moment later
he surfaces, still male, blowing water and laughing crazily.]

Ranma:[scrambling up to cling to the fence opposite Genma]
Hey, Dad, how's it feel not being a panda?

Genma:[taking off his glasses and wiping them on his sleeve]
Ranma, I realize you're not happy about this engagement, but
acting like a madman won't get you out of it, I'm afraid...

Ranma:Hm!? [frowns, looks down at his gi, up at the sky, around
at the neighborhood, and over at the pack he was wearing]

Ranma:[to himself] Wait - This was in the dream too...

Ranma:[vaulting over the fence and picking up his pack] Hey,
Dad, run this engagement business past me one more time?

[Genma sighs and walks on down the street. Ranma follows.]

Genma:We are going to meet an old friend of mine named Tendou.
Long ago, we agreed that if I had a son and he had a daughter,
they would marry.

Ranma:Ah.

Ranma:[to himself] Right, this is the time just before we
met the Tendou family... I'll bet Akane is confused right
now, wondering what's going on... We must've jumped into
our bodies at this point because I changed the past...

Genma:Listen, Ranma! I said Tendou has told me he has three
daughters, so you can take your pick!

Ranma:Hmmph. I bet one is too old, one is too scheming, and
one is too uncute.

[Genma gives Ranma a puzzled look as they walk off into the
rain.]

[Cut to an angle on the Tendou parlor(or dining room or
whatever). The three girls are sitting at the table in
kimonos, Soun is standing at the door into the garden.]

Kasumi:So, what kind of man is Ranma?

Nabiki:Is he handsome?

Kasumi:I hope he's older than me...

Nabiki:What kind of man is he, Father?

Soun:[laughs briefly] I don't know.

Nabiki:You don't know?!

Soun:I've never mat him.

[None of the girls seem happy to hear this. After a pause,
we hear the front door being opened and-]

Genma:[in the distance] Gomen kudasai!

Kasumi:Ah, we have a guest.

Nabiki:[jumping up and running out of the room] I'll bet
it's Ranma!

Soun:[following her] Saotome-kun, I've waited so long for this!

[Kasumi and Akane follow at a slower pace]

Kasumi:I do hope he's older.

Akane:[sulkily] I'd rather it was no boy at all.

[Cut to the entrance hall. Soun and Genma are embracing
delightedly while Nabiki is sizing Ranma up. Kasumi and
Akane arrive.]

Genma:Ah, Tendou-kun, if only you knew how long I've waited...

Soun:I do, I do! [turns to Ranma] This must be Ranma!
[embraces him]

Ranma:Ooof! [disengages himself] I'm glad to meet you, Uncle.
[He throws Akane a wink, and she gives him a puzzled look.]

Kasumi:Please, come in.

[Cut to the parlor(or whatever), a bit later.]

Soun:...and last, Akane, 16 years old. Take your pick-
one of them will be your wife.

Ranma:Ah. [glances at Akane and raises an eyebrow. She
looks puzzled again.] Um... do I have to choose now?
Why don't I get to know them a little first?

Kasumi:Yes, it's best not to rush into things.

Soun:Well... don't you have any idea who you want?

Akane:[annoyed] We're not shirts he's trying to buy,
you know!

Ranma:[grins] But the color and texture is still very
important, of course.

Akane:What!

Ranma:[getting up] Akane, you do "kenpo," don't you?

Akane:[startled] How... did you-

Ranma:C'mon, let's have a match.

Akane:Uh... Okay. [follows Ranma out]

[Cut to the practice hall. Akane enters, then Ranma, who
closes the door behind them. Ranma turns to Akane with a
grin.]

Ranma:Well, whaddaya think?

Akane:About what?

Ranma:About this! I fixed it!

Akane:Fixed what?

Ranma:Fixed me... [trails off with a confused look]
Hello, Akane, are you in there?

Akane:[thoroughly confused, getting into fighting stance]
Of course I'm here, what's wrong with you? You said you
wanted a match!

Ranma:[also getting into a stance] Um... don't you get
the feeling we've done this before, sort of?

Akane:Are you all right in the head? How could we have
had a match before, we just met ten minutes ago! [attacks]
YAH!

[Ranma, though distracted by his thoughts, dodges all Akane's
attacks, though he launches none of his own.]

Ranma:[to himself] She doesn't know me... so she's not the
Akane I went back in time with, she's the one I would have
met if I'd never gotten cursed... But if that Akane's not here-
WHERE IS SHE?

T S U Z U K U . . .

--
C h r i s t i a n G a d e k e n

Yakumo: "But I really did destroy a monster in Hong Kong!
Saru : "Ahem, ahem"
Yakumo: "Saru, do you believe me?"
Saru : "Where's my Hong Kong souvenir?"

Matthew Duhan

Dec 2, 1992, 7:43:53 PM12/2/92

Oh, I like this so far! But I missed parts 1 and 2. Can someone please
e-mail them to me. Thanks. BTW, what is this, script or independent story?
Whichever, I like it. Thanks again.

Matt mdu...@husc.harvard.edu

* Harvard Man/Harvard Man/Going to school in Cambridgeland/ *
* Always wins against Yale Man/Harvard Man/ *
* Is he a doc/Or is he a jock/Does he just work or does he like to rock/ *
* No one compares to Harvard Man/Intelligent man/Harvard Man *
* -They Might Be Giants (sort of) *