Dragonball translations

Eddy Hsu

Feb 13, 1990, 12:18:00 PM2/13/90

Has anyone been watching the translations of Dragonball
that have been coming out? First there was a "movie",
which was basically cuts from the episodes *very*
edited to quickly go through the first three
Dragonball quests.

Then, there's also the translations of the individual
episodes, which are fairly true to form, except all
the lecherous and sex parts have been edited out.

All in all, it's not bad, although, it IS being
done by Harmony Gold (yeah, yeah, go have a fit
on your own time). Besides, how can they muss up
such a simple plotline?

One thing though, they only seem to show a week's
worth every month : January was the movie,
February had the one week of 5 episodes, etc...

Ed "Liposuction" Hsu \ I'm no longer pessimistic,
z...@caen.engin.umich.edu\ I've got laundry...

Eddy Hsu

Feb 17, 1990, 11:40:00 PM2/17/90

I've had a lot of questions about the Dragonball translations, and I figured
it'd be easier to just post again than answer them one by one (that and
the fact that I kinda erased them all, accidentally of course).

Anyway, yes the translations were done by Harmony Gold, and they were shown
on an indepedent television station, channel 62 out of Toledo, Ohio, which
our cable company in Ann Arbor, Michigan happens to pick up.

I hear that only the first five episodes are availiable, Harmony Gold
distributing them to test the market response.

Yes, I do have them on tape.

Anything else?
Ed 'equipsule-capsule' Hsu \ "And it really matters, and don't say judgement
z...@caen.engin.umich.edu \ call either, 'cause this isn't the damn NFL."