[AMG/Ranma 1/2/TFOS] Aa! Megami-sensei! Episode 2 [FanFic]

Peter L. Ward

Oct 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/28/95

Aa! Megami-sensei!

by Peter Ward

Episode 2: The First Day

Recap: After making a mess of things at the temple for the umpteenth time,
Urd was urged by her sisters and Keiichi to find a job to keep her busy and
out of trouble while grounded on earth. She found a want ad for a chemistry
teacher position at Furinkan high school and forged the necessary papers to
get the job. She landed the job, but found that she may have bitten off
more than she could chew when dealing with Principal Kuno, Hinako-sensei,
and the arrival of aliens on earth....

"Kuno-baby, when are you going to learn to duck when Hinako-sensei starts
waving around one of her five-yen coins? And on the first day of our senior
year, even!"

Kuno Tatewaki couldn't even manage a reply as Tendo Nabiki dragged his limp
body to their new classroom. As usual, he got into a fight with Saotome
Ranma before classes started. Unfortunately, the fight drew Hinako-sensei's
attention and Kuno got caught in another of her aura drains.

"By the way, when you're feeling better, I've got some pictures of Akane and
your 'pig-tailed goddess' when we were at the beach a couple of weeks ago.
The usual rates, of course. Here we are...room 3-F, our classroom for this
year."

Nabiki took a good look at the students in their class as she opened the
door. It was still a few minutes before school started and not all of the
students were in yet. However, Nabiki spotted a few familiar faces (some of
whom owed her money for various reasons), and several that were rather
unfamiliar. Due to the new arrivals, many classes were mixed around to make
room for them, and Nabiki's was no exception. Familiar or unfamiliar, it
made lttle difference to Nabiki, since she'd find some way of making money
off of them.

Nabiki decided upon a pair of seats next to one of the aliens, a girl with
pink, wavy hair and small black horns. As she set Kuno down in one seat,
leaving herself between him and the alien, the alien tapped her on the arm.

"Geez, what happened to him? Looks like he got steam-rollered or
something!" the alien asked while looking at Kuno wide-eyed.

"Oh, he had a run-in with Hinako-sensei a few minutes ago. She's our third-
period English teacher, and you have to watch out for her aura drain."
Nabiki replied.

"That was him? Man, I thought it was bad enough looking at it from the
window there, but seeing him up close...phew! I didn't even know she was a
teacher here...let alone one of ours! My name's Amano Buffy!"

"Tendo Nabiki. Isn't your family name a Japanese one? I thought you were
an alien or something?"

"Oh, I'm half-alien, half-human. My father's Japanese...Amano Hikaru.
Maybe you heard of him?"

"I think so....maybe from my history books..."

"Yeah, he was a Japanese astronaut. He was on a secret test-flight when his
capsule screwed up on him and got him lost in space. Luckily, my mom ran
across it on one of her patrols and picked him up. They wouldn't allow him
to return to earth, so he ended up staying, fell in love with mom, and I'm
the result! I'm right now staying with his parents here in Japan."

"Interesting...so, what do you think of earth so far?"

"It takes getting used to how things are patriarchal here...you see, I'm
from an amazon-like society. Oh, that reminds me...you know of a dojo I
can practice my martial arts skills? I had to promise mom I wouldn't let
them go to waste here!"

The gears started clicking in Nabiki's head. "Well, it looks like we may
have a regular source of income, small that it may be." she thought to
herself. "It has been a while since we've had a regular student at the
dojo, and it'll mean we get more money!"

"Funny you should mention that..." Nabiki said after being silent for a
moment. "I do know of this dojo in the neighborhood..."

Suddenly, one of the male students popped in between Nabiki and Buffy,
facing Buffy. "Hey, babe, I don't think you need to spend *all* of your
free time practicing some funky martial arts. I can show you around town
and introduce you to many earth customs! The name's Akagami Tetsuo!"

"Ummm, err...pleased to meet you, I think..." Buffy stammered a bit while
trying not to look directly at Tetsuo. She couldn't figure out what would
blind her more, the morning sun reflecting off of his ever-present
mirrorshades, or the gleam from his heavily-moussed hair. Before she could
figure out what else to say to him, a metal bat swung into his head and
knocked him over.

"Back off, Akagami! We don't want to give these people the wrong idea about
us!" growled a tall girl with neck-length hair similar to Nabiki's standing
by where Tetsuo was. As Tetsuo crawled away to another part of the
classroom, the girl turned to Buffy. "Sorry about that, but Tetsuo's idea
of an 'introduction to earth customs' would probably involve love motels.
Anyway, my name's Ishikawa Mariko."

"Glad to meet you! I'm Amano Buffy." Buffy said with relief. "I probably
would have taken care of him if he got fresh, but thanks for saving me the
trouble."

"Don't mention it!" Mariko replied. "By the way, with Tetsuo there, you
might want to change that 'if' to 'when.' He always gets fresh with any
girl he's with. Oh, Nabiki, here's the money, with interest, that I owe you
for the bat here! Your interest rates are pretty steep, but it was worth it
judging by the hit I gave Tetsuo there. I can get used to this alien
technology, like the duratitanium the bat's made of. Gonna be pretty gross
getting the goop from his hair off of it though!"

"That's true," Nabiki said as she accepted the money owed her, "but we have
chemistry first period, so maybe we can get figure out what that stuff is
later on this year."

"Good idea! That reminds me, aren't we supposed to be getting a new
chemistry teacher? I heard Natsume-sensei had to leave all of a sudden for
unknown reasons."

"Ask Michiko when she comes in. If anyone knows, she would." Nabiki said.
As Mariko walked off to find an open seat, Nabiki turned to Buffy. "Sorry
for the interruption there. Mariko is one of the top track stars here, and
she's the best softball player in this class. Anyway, if you're interested
in that dojo I mentioned, let me know before school ends so I can take you
there."

"Okay! I'll just call my grandparents after school to let them know I'll be
a bit late." Buffy said brightly.

As Nabiki and Buffy chatted some more, another girl walked into the room.
Spotting an empty seat in the back of the room, she headed that way only to
be stopped by Mariko.

"Hi Michiko! Nabiki said you might know something about what happened to
Natsume-sensei!"

Flashing her almost ever-present smile, Michiko nodded slightly and said,
"Yeah, I managed to dig up a few tidbits on that! Seems that he's on the
run from his ex-wife and dragged their son with him when he left. Some sort
of custody battle going on. Anyway, I heard that he went to teach at some
other school in Nerima district."

"Really? Who could've figured that Natsume-sensei would be the type to run
off on his wife like that? You know anything about his replacement?"

"Uh-uh. Not much is known about her, except that she's either a foreigner
or an alien," Michiko replied with a bit of disappointment as she continued
to her seat. "She's a real mystery case. Then again, I like it that way...
more challenging to get info on people like that, don't you think?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Let me guess, once you find out something, it'll be in
your column in the school paper, right?"

"But of course! Talk to you later, Mariko! I've got to get a seat here
before class starts!"

As Michiko sat down, she noticed that the student in front of her, an alien
girl with spiky pink hair and pointed ears, had some sort of a keyboard on
her desk, with wires leading into a small hole in the wall as well as to the
glasses she was wearing. It looked like as if she was in some sort of
trance as she typed away at the keyboard. Hesitantly, Michiko tapped the
girl on the shouder.

"Hmmmm? Oh, hi! Didn't notice you sit down there! I kinda got distracted
there tapping into your world's net. Pretty easy, but not as easy as
tapping into the school's intercom system. No offense, but it's primitive.
The tap'll be useful, though! By the way, I'm Kiddy Sazan!"

"Takaya Michiko. You mean you really tapped into the intercom system? You
know, I'm on the school paper, and I think we can use your talents there.
I write up the personal interest column for it."

"Oh, the gossip column? That's cool...it'll give me something to do. Oh,
I've been trying to find some data on our teachers, but one of them's been
impossible to get info on."

"The chemistry teacher."

"Right. Some of the pointers lead to some system called 'Yggdrasil,' but
that's where I hit a brick wall. It's almost as if it wasn't there at all.
Maybe between the two of us, we can find out something!"

"Um, er, excuse me..."

Both girls look up to see who it was that was speaking to them. Standing
by the seat next to Kiddy was a caucasian male with brown hair in bangs,
glasses, and somehow looked out-of-style even in his uniform.

"Is this seat taken?" the boy said, indicating the empty seat. "If it is,
well, I'll move elsewhere..."

"Not that I know of! Go ahead and sit! I'm Kiddy Sazan and she's Takaya
Michiko. What's your name?"

"Er, Billie Kraftwerk. That's a nice cyberdeck setup you have there, Kiddy."
Billie stammered, trying not to be flustered.

"Thanks! Um...it's not top-of-the-line, but it gets the job done. At least
most of the time..." Kiddy said, almost blushing.

"Wait a second," Michiko interupted. "You said your family name was
'Kraftwerk'? The same Kraftwerk family that built a financial empire out
of mecha engineering?"

"Guess you folks here know about us, huh? Yeah, I got put into the foreign
exchange program by my folks. They're hoping that my math grades would
improve if I were put under the Japanese system since nothing else seemed to
work..."

"Hey, it could be worse, dude! You could've ended up like me, and have your
folks transfer you just to be rid of you! I'm Joat-mon by the way!"

All three looked up to find a tall, white tiger-like guy standing behind
Billie with his hand on Billie's shoulder. Since Billie was turned in a way
that his back was toward her, Michiko noticed a piece of paper under Joat-
mon's hand on Billie's shoulder. Observing that the writing on the paper
was in english, she took out her english textbook and a small dictionary to
figure out what it said.

"'K...i...c...k'...let's see what that the dictionary says..." Michiko
quietly said to herself before exclaming, "'Kick Me?!' Joat-mon! That's
not very nice of you! Take that sign off, you meanie!"

"Aw, you caught me!" Joat-mon said in resignation as he took the sign off of
Billie's back. "Oh, well. I could've picked an easier target, like Mr.
Samurai-wanna-be up there. I don't think he could've noticed after being
zapped like that earler!"

"Well, you better watch out if you're going to be that way, Joat-mon."
Michiko said with a hint of ice in her tone. "The girl who drained Kuno up
there is our third-period english teacher, and she's likely to get you if
you act up in class."

"Really? Well, I hope she stays in that babe-form of hers! Yowza!" Joat-
mon said with a leer.

"Not you too. Hate to burst your bubble, but that "babe-form", as you call
it, doesn't last too long." Michiko replied, the smile returning to her
face.

"Wait a second, what are you guys talking about?" Billie said with some
confusion.

"Don't worry, Billie. You'll find out soon enough!" Michiko told Billie
brightly.

Before Billie could ask anything else, all conversation ground to a halt as
everyone heard a guy screaming out in the hallway. As everyone looked at
each other, three more students walked into class. Two of them, a 4' tall
cat-like girl and a human girl with her hair tied back in a ponytail, had
looks of confusion and annoyance on their faces. The third student had no
look on his face, aside from a green visor-pane and triangular blocks of red
and white metal. In fact, the third student looked like a red VF-1J
Valkyrie with a uniform jacket draped loosely over his shoulders.

"How rude!" the cat girl muttered. "Most people don't take one look at you
and start screaming and running away like that! Anyone know what his story
was?"

"Did he have a pig-tail and was he wearing chinese clothes?" Nabiki asked
her.

"Yeah, now that you mention it. You know anything about him?"

"Later. Class is about to start in a minute. I'm Tendo Nabiki."

"Suzie Cabbit here. I'll ask you more about that jerk during lunch, okay?"

As Suzie went to take the empty seat next to Billie, the other girl who
walked in with her quickly walked up to Kuno and gave him a thermos. "Drink
this, it'll make you feel better." she said quickly.

"What's that, Noriko? Some sort of vitamin drink or something?" Nabiki
asked the girl.

"That's right, Nabiki. I spent the break trying to come up with an energy
drink to counteract the effects of Hinako-sensei's attack. Guess Kuno here
gets to be the guinea pig."

As Noriko managed to get a cupful of the green sludge into Kuno's mouth,
his face started to take a hue that almost matched the drink. It soon
passed as the formula took effect and Kuno began to stir.

"Thank you for tending to me, kind Noriko." Kuno said slowly, fighting off
both the effects of Hinako's attack earlier and the taste of the formula.
"Thou art an angel among mortals. However, my heart is still split between
Akane and the pig-tailed goddess, and I do not believe that it can take
another's love as well."

"Here we go again!" Nabiki muttered with her eyes narrowed.

"Umm...it was nothing, really. Sorry about the taste, but I figured that
having it work was more important than having it taste good. I gotta go
grab a seat guys!" Noriko said as she walked off.

"What's with Kuno?" Buffy whispered to Nabiki as Noriko moved on. "He's
acting like some refugee from a Shakespearean play or something. And who's
this Akane and "pig-tailed goddess" he's going on about?"

"Ask me during lunch when Suzie comes to ask about Ranma. It'll take too
long to explain anything right now. Here comes principal Kuno now!" Nabiki
whispered back as she spotted a portly sihoulette though the frosted window
in the door.

Sure enough, principal Kuno strode in as class was scheduled to start.
While the long-time students were used to his unusual manner of dress, the
new students, human and alien alike, were either taken aback or genuinely
curious about their principal's fashion choices.

"Aloha, everybody!" the principal boomed in his usual, inimitable style.
"Today, we not only start a brand new year of school, but we have brand new
students here! I hope all of you new students appreciate the value of
discipline here at Furinkan high! We also get a brand new teacher today!"

"Great. Last time the principal introduced a new teacher to this school,
we ended up with Hinako-sensei. Wonder what kind of teacher he's going to
dump on us this time?" Nabiki thought darkly.

"She comes to us from another land!" the principal continued. "Not only is
she a chemistry teacher, but she also knows biology and literature!
Everybody give a big welcome to Urd-sensei!"

At that cue, Urd strode into the room. The students' reactions to her were
pretty uniform. While the girls looked more or less jealous of Urd's looks,
the guys were gaping in amazement that they were blessed with such a
teacher.

"As if Hinako-sensei wasn't bad enough at times, we have to compete with
her." Mariko thought with a cold look to her face.

"Whoa, if Hinako-sensei's a babe only a part of the time, Urd-sensei more
than makes up for that!" Joat-mon said quietly to himself.

"Wait a second, I think I saw her somewhere...wish I remember where!"
Tategawa Minoru, one of the male students, wondered to himself.

"Yes! I would date with you, most heavenly teacher!" Kuno exclaimed as he
bounded for the front of the classroom, arms open wide.

"So much for his heart not taking another's love!" Noriko muttered as she
tended to one of the guys suffering from a nosebleed.

Just as Kuno made his way to the front of the room, a bright flash filled
everyone's sight. When it subsided, Kuno lay sprawled between a couple of
desks in the second row.

"Ah, ah, ah...one shouldn't make passes at their teachers." Urd said with a
smirk. "I believe that makes it two times you've tangled with a teacher,
Kuno Tatewaki. I'd suggest you get back to your seat and behave yourself."

"Yes, ma'am." Kuno replied weakly as he crawled back to his seat. As he
did so, Nabiki and Buffy glared at him in silence.

"Anyway, good morning everyone!" Urd greeted the class cheerfully. "Sorry
we had a bumpy start there, but that doesn't mean things have to be that
way! As principal Kuno said, I'll be your new chemistry teacher!"

Urd snuck a glance to the side, saw that the principal slipped out as she
introduced herself, then continued. "While we'll be going over the
traditional subjects taught in most chemistry classes, I'll also go over
topics like...ahh..biochemistry, formulas, practical applications and other
topics that'll interest you.

"And, no, those topics don't include things like my phone number, guys!"
Urd finished with a wink.

Most of the guys blinked and wondered if Urd actually read their thoughts.
The girls merely glared at the guys.

"Oh, girls, don't be too hard on the boys...they really can't help
themselves. Don't worry, I'm not here to steal them from you! Anyway, take
your chemistry textbooks out and turn them to page ix. See how that page is
the standard table of elements? Now, take hold of the top of the page and
tear downward. That's right, rip those outdated tables out of your books!"

"Didn't I see this in a movie once?" Billie asked noone in particular as he
did what he was told along with the other students.

"Okay, now I'm going to pass around a new table of elements for you guys."
Urd as she walked by the front row, passing a stack of pages to each person
in that row to pass back. "These are much more up-to-date and relevant for
what we'll be doing!"

As the tables made their way to the back of the room, confusion spread
amongst the students as each of them got their copies. Each copy came in a
fold-out format larger than the old tables they just tore out of their
books. Not only that, but they were in a language noone recognized, not
even the aliens. After a minute, Kiddy raised her hand.

Urd, spotting Kiddy's raised hand, called out, "Yes, Kiddy?"

Pausing a moment to wonder how Urd knew her name, Kiddy stood up and said,
"Excuse me, Urd-sensei, but I don't think any of us can read these tables!
We don't know what language they're in!"

Urd paused a moment, took a look at one of the tables still in her hand, and
laughed. "Oops! Silly me! I forgot to translate them from...um...my
native tongue! Okay, go ahead and toss those copies and I'll have new ones
ready in a day or two! Since we don't have access to the lab room today, I
guess we're stuck with a lecture instead! Don't worry, I'll try not to make
it sound boring or anything, alright?"

Later in the day, during lunch break...

"So, Nabiki, you said you knew something about that guy that ran away from
me earlier, right?"

Nabiki looked over and found Suzie standing by her and Buffy. "That's
right. You see, his name is Saotome Ranma, and get this, he's got a phobia
of cats. When he saw you looking like a cat from a punk rock concert, he
freaked. Pathetic, if you ask me."

"Not only is he pathetic, but he's a lout, an enslaver of women, and a
practicioner of black magic!" Kuno ranted for the umpteenth time. "To think
of the lovely Tendo Akane and my pig-tailed goddess under his influence is
unbearable. I must do something about it!" With that, Kuno stalked out of
the classroom.

"Predictable, but I thought he'd never leave." Nabiki deadpanned.

"Why did you say I look like a cat from a punk rock concert? My mane's not
spiky or in neon colors or anything like that."

"It does look like a mohawk, you have to admit." Nabiki said, pointing out
the appearance of her flowing white mane, which kind of resembled a mohawk.

"I can't help it...that's how Khel'azi hair grows! So, Ranma's afraid of
cats, huh? Wonder how he got that way. He's the only one I've met on this
planet that's reacted like that to me."

"His father put him through a training exercise involving fish sausages and
a pack of hungry cats when he was little."

"Really? Can't help but feel sorry for him, then." Suzie said thoughtfully.
"He is good-looking, you have to admit, but I wish he wasn't such a jerk."

"It's just as well, Suzie. You see, Ranma's engaged to my sister Akane.
They're both one grade below us, and our fathers arranged the marriage."

"At that age?" Buffy interjected. "Geez, I don't know if I'd want to have
an arranged marriage this early in life! How are they getting along?"

"Well, not too well most of the time. They argue a lot. And I do mean a
lot. However, I think they care for each other deep down, but they both
have too big an ego to admit it to each other. Anyway, Kuno's had a thing
for Akane even before the engagement, so you can see why he hates Ranma so
much."

"Aha!" Suzie exclaimed. "now, who's this other girl Kuno's fixated on...
this 'pig-tailed goddess'?"

"Now that's difficult to explain. It'd be better to show you after school
at the dojo. Buffy and I are heading there, why don't you join us?"

"Why, Nabiki? Does she train there as well?" Buffy asked.

"You could say that. Just so you know, the dojo belongs to my family, so
you'll get to meet them, as well as Ranma and his father since they're
staying there."

"Ummm, maybe it's not such a good idea if I came along, then." Suzie said
sadly.

"Don't let Ranma's phobia stop you, Suzie. He may be afraid of cats, but I
think we might get him used to you. Besides, it's fun to get him freaked
out from time to time!" Nabiki said with a sly smile.

"Okay, you're on! After school then?" Suzie asked the other two, who nodded
in reply.

It was just then that some yelling could be heard from the floor below,
followed by the sound of a wall being smashed down.

"Hmmmm...Shampoo must be here to give Ranma his lunch." Nabiki said matter-
of-factly. "I'll explain on the way home, since that's going to take even
longer to explain."

Meanwhile, in the back row, the mechanoid sat there muttering to himself.

"Don't know why I have to bother wearing this stupid jacket. Not only
doesn't it fit properly, but it hides this great paint job! Geez, doesn't
that jerk of a principal know that us mechanoids don't have much need for
clothes, let alone uniforms?!"

"You know, you kind of look like Max's Valkyrie when Max tried to disguise
it in a Zentran uniform in classic Macross..." said a mole-boy to his right.

"Yeah, I know it looks goofy, but I had no choice! Before school started,
that principal was insisting that I wear some sort of uniform and threatened
to shave me if I came without one. When I pointed out to that jerk that it
was useless since I had no hair, he dragged me over to metal shop and
threatened to powersand the paint off of my head! Really!"

"Gee, he must really be a loon then! Just as much as that guy with the
wooden swords in here. I wonder if they're related, since they have the
same family name? Speaking of names, mine's Dozul Hegaba, in case you
didn't pick it up during roll call."

"My designation's RXF-95, but friends call me 'Mackie'"

"Getting back to Valkyries, you body's a nice classic design, but that's an
80's one! You really have to get a design that's more up to date!"

"Really? I haven't had any problems with this body I was given, why should
I change it?"

"So you can look cool, like this!" Dozul pointed to a picture in a mook that
was in his backpack. The picture was of the VF-19Kai Fire Valkyrie.

"Whoa, dude! That's a bitchin' design! I really like the paint job on
that! You know anyone who's offering a body upgrade based on that?"

"Not really, but I think I can put one together for you! I know a bit about
design and engineering, and I've been studying how the toy transforms.
It'll take a while, though..."

Billie, who spotted the mook illustration from where he was sitting nearby,
walked up and said "Need some help with that, Dozul? I'm good with putting
stuff together, and it'll cut the time down."

"Thanks, Billie! You interested, Mackie?"

"Sure, dudes, but do you guys think that the nosecone in the chest will
interfere with holding a guitar? Be a real bummer if it does!"

Dozul looked at the design thoughtfully, then said "I don't think so...but
I think we can make some modifications to allow for playing guitar. Why?
You actually play guitars?"

"Sure thing dude! Combat's fine and all, but I really want to play guitar
for a band! It'll be majorly cool! Runs in the family...my sister's going
to be playing bass for this new band!"

While the students continued to socialize during their lunch, Urd sat in the
teacher's lounge, eating the lunch Belldandy prepared for her that morning
and reflected on the day so far.

"Well, things seem to be holding up pretty well as far as this job goes!"
Urd thought to herself. "Most of my classes turned out alright for the most
part. Sure, there was always a bit of confusion during the lecture in all
my classes so far, but can I help it if mortal science is so lacking! Guess
it's up to me to teach them how things really are!

"Still, that first period class is going to be a handful. Most other
classes seem normal enough for human-alien mixed classes. Then again, most
other classes don't have Kuno Tatewaki in them, either. I thought his
father was bad enough, but he's even worse!

"The rest of the class may not be much better, from what I could tell from
their minds. I've got two girls who are determined to find out more about
me, and are likely to blab it to everyone they know. Not to mention a
practical joker, a mecha rock-star wanna-be, an oppourtunist, a super-
powered amazon, and a playboy with too much mousse in his hair. It's going
to take some effort to keep them from demolishing everything, let alone
keep them in line in class..."

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Urd looked up and and saw Hinako standing in front of her. Urd figured that
she must've caught another student since she was in her adult form.

"I was just thinking about how my first day was going! Sit down and join
me!"

"Don't mind if I do. Sorry for this morning when I shoved you by the
window there. So, how are you adjusting here at Furinkan?" Hinako said as
she started in on a bowl of noodles.

"Things are going alright so far, as a matter of fact! Most of my classes
are well-behaved, but that boy you got that morning, principal Kuno's
son...I've got him in my first class."

"I just got him again a few minutes ago. He went to the room where my first
period english class for juniors is and started another fight with Saotome
Ranma. That makes it the second time he got caught in one day."

"Make that the third time..." Urd was saying until she looked and saw Hinako
shrink back down to a 12-year old girl. She also noticed that the other
teachers paid no attention to the sight and went on with their lunch as if
nothing happened.

"Third time? What happened? He make a pass at you or something?" Hinako
asked while Urd stared at her.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"He did the same thing to me my first day here, while I was in my grown-up
form!" Hinako giggled. "I drained his aura, of course! Guess we're both
too much woman for him, huh?"

"Guess you're right." Urd said, managing a smile again. "I like your
attitude! Not too many 12-year olds can get away with that!"

"That's right!" Hinako exclaimed, raising her arms like a winning athelete
and smiling brightly. "Since we both teach that one class of potential
delinquents, it's up to us to keep it well-behaved! Right?"

"Right!" Urd answered back, Hinako's enthusiasm rubbing off on her.
Clasping one of Hinako's hands like an arm-wrestler, she said, "We'll be a
team supreme!"

Next episode: A New Student at the Tendo Dojo

Author's notes: For the readers out there, the next episode should be the
last of the introductory stories as I get the Ranma portion of the crossover
well in place. Thanks for being patient with me as I get the introductions
out of the way and the original characters in place as well as the
characters we all know and love (in some cases, maybe hate :-). It's slow-
going, I know, but all the better to set up for the chaos to follow!

Anyway, from time to time, I'll be introducing new characters that weren't
listed in my original intro post. Hasegawa Noriko is such a character.

Hasegawa Noriko

Noriko is one of the better students in class, especially talented in the
sciences. She's hoping to be a nurse after all of her schooling, maybe a
doctor even, so she's concentrated a lot of her studies in biology and
chemistry.

She's by no means a shut-in bookworm, though. She's very much interested
in the guys, and likes to flirt around from time to time. She's especially
known for giving the guys who wind up in the nurse's office really good
care.

No matter who it is that ends up under her care, though, Noriko's very
protective of them and will go through any lengths to make sure they have
a chance to heal. Even if they're jerks such as Kuno Tatewaki and Akagami
Tetsuo.

Noriko is an attractive Japanese girl with small, round-lensed glasses and
her hair tied back in a ponytail. When not in school, she dresses
conservatively, but not quite as much as Takaya Michiko. She spends some
time during the school day volunteering in the nurse's office when she's
allowed to. Outside of class, she spends her time either in extra-
curricular studies, or on dates.

All Aa! Megamisama and Ranma 1/2 characters copyright Fujishima Kosuke and
Takahashi Rumiko, respectively. All other characters copyright Peter Ward,
Tim Dunn, Tim Holt, "Snafu", and Ray Yeen.

E-mail all comments, suggestions, etc. to fal...@best.com. They're always
welcome...even the flames to a certain extent ^^;

Peter L. Ward fal...@best.com Kyusaku on IRC #Anime!
Caretaker of the Urd Shrine (http://www.best.com/~falcon/urdhome.htm)

"YAY, KEIICHI!! If you lose your race, you're DEAD MEAT!!" - Urd