[Fanfic] The least one can do [Ranma]

OneShot

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96

Jeffrey "OneShot" Wong

Ranma 1/2:The least one can do

(Opening scene: It's a beautiful Saturday morning. We are looking at the
Tendo's home from across the street. Kasumi sweeping the sidewalk in front.
Akane finishing her usual morning jog stops to to say good morning.)

Kasumi:Ohiyo gozaimasu. How was your jog?(Smiles sweetly)

Akane:(Feeling good)Ohiyo onesan. It couldn't be better.(Smiles)

Kasumi:(Still smiling)I'm glad to hear that.

Akane:I hope Ranma isn't up yet. I'm having a fine day so far.

Kasumi:Why won't you that a look?(Opens the gate for Akane to peek in)

Akane:(Peeking in and seeing Ranma amd Genma sparring)I should've known.

(Inside, Ranma and Genma are sparring. Ranma is clearly having fun dodging
all of Genma's attacks.)

Ranma:(Still dodging)Come on old man, you're getting slow.

Genma:I'm holding back.(Attacks some more)

Ranma:I know you're trying your hardest. Just tell the truth.(Ducks)

Genma:Fine then, I'll finish you off to teach you a lesson.

Ranma:You'll try and finish me off that is.

(Genma quickly lunges at Ranma, expecting to push him into the pond. Instead,
Ranma just side steps to his left and sticks his foot out, tripping Genma
into to pond, face first.)

Ranma:What a lame attack.

Genma:(Resurfacing)Growl!

(Akane, who walked in as the two fought giggles at the sight. She is on the
porch. Ranma turns to see who's laughing. Genma, seeing that Ranma is
distracted, grabs him and pulls him into the pond with him. Akane giggles
some more as Ranma surfaces.)

Ranma-chan:Hey old man....what did you do that for?!?

Genma(Panda):<You shouldn't have been distracted>

Ranma:................

(Everyone is at the table eating breakfast. Ranma is back to his male form.)

Akane:Ranma.

Ranma:Yes?

Akane:Have you seen P-chan today?

Ranma:What do I care about that dumb pig?

Akane:(Getting mad)P-chan not a dumb pig.

P-chan:(From nowhere comes running up to Akane)Bwee!

Akane:P-chan!(Picks up and hugs P-chan)Where have you been?

P-chan:(Eyes big)Bwee!

Ranma:Where did you come from? I thought I got rid of you!(Oh oh)

Akane:(Now angry)Nani?!?

Ranma:Oh no!

Akane:(Taking a mallet out of nowhere)Ranma no....BAKA!

(Akane hits Ranma with her mallet straight up into orbit. We see Ranma soar
strait up into stratosphere and disappear. After few minutes, we see Ranma
coming back down. He lands in a fountain in a nearby town.)

Ranma:(Getting out of the fountain)Damnit. Why does this always happen to
me.(Looks around) Hmm......I don't recognize this town.

(As Ranma, in girl form is getting out of the fountain, a girl walks up to
him.)

Girl:Are you alright?

Ranma:Yeah(Looks up at girl and is stunned by her beauty)

Girl:(Smiles)Here, let me help you.(Offers her hand)

Ranma:(Takes the girl's hand)Thank you.

Girl:(Curious)Why were you in the fountain in the first place?

Ranma:I...uh...fell in by accident.

Girl:You should be more careful.

(Ranma nods)

Girl:You don't look familar. Do you live around here?

Ranma:....No....I moved to.....the town next door....not too long ago.

Girl:I'm Shori. Shori Hyusa

Ranma:I'm.....Ranko. Ranko Saotome.

Shori:Are you related to a guy named Ranma.

Ranma:I know someone in Nerima named Ranma Saotome, but I'm not related. You
know Ranma?

Shori:No. I saw him in this place called the Nekohanten. I never talked to
him though. I wanted to though.

Ranma:Why didn't you?

Shori:I'm too shy.....How about you? How do you know him?

Ranma:I...uh...met him in the park.

Shori:You're lucky.

Ranma:(Confused)How so?

Shori:You met Ranma.

Ranma:So.

Shori:(Getting misty eyed)He's so handsome.

Ranma:(Smiles)You really think so?

Shori:Yes, of course I do. All the other girls in town think so too.

Ranma:(Still smiling)They do?

Shori:(Sees Ranma smiling)What's with the smile on your face?

Ranma:(stops smiling)Oh.....nothing important.

Shori:Come on.....what is it?

Ranma:Nothing.

Shori:You were smiling when I started to talk about Ranma.

Ranma:I just never knew so many girls liked....him.

Shori:(Smiles)You like him too.

Ranma:........

Shori:How did you get to know him?

Ranma:I....saw him walking in the park one day.....and I walked up to him
and....uh.....asked him for the time.

Shori:You're so lucky....being able to walk right up to him and talking. Me.
I would be too nervous.

Ranma:Why should you be nervous?

Shori:I wish I wasn't so shy. Just being in the same room makes me nervous.

Ranma:You shouldn't.

Shori:I know.....but that's the way I am.

Ranma:What would you do if he starts talking to you.

Shori:Why would he? I'm just a regular girl. Besides, he has a fiance.

Ranma:(Remebering the earlier incident)So...that doesn't mean he can't talk
to you.

Shori:I guess you're right.

Ranma:Were you headed somewhere? I don't want to keep you busy.

Shori:Me, I was heading towards the carnival to meet some friends. You're
welcome to join us.

Ranma:Nah, don't worry about me.

Shori:Come on. It'll be fun. You can tell all my friends you met Ranma.

Ranma:..........

(We are now at the carnival. It's a little past noon. Ranma meet up with
two girls, Shori is with him.)

Shori:Akemi. Reia.(Guestures to Ranma) This is Ranko.

Akemi and Reia:Konichiwa(Bows)

Shori:Ranko.(Guestures to her two friends)This is Akemi and Reia

Ranma:Konichiwa(Bows)

Shori:Well, now that we are introduced, let's have some fun.

Ranma:Like what?

Akemi:Let's go on the merry go round

Reia:Yeah, I'd like that. How about you Ranko?

Ranma:How about the roller coaster?

Shori:I love the roller coaster.

Akemi:Well, I still want to go on the merry go round.

Reia:Same here.

Shori:How about this? (Points at Akemi and Reia)You two go on the merry go
round while Ranko and I go on the roller coaster.

Akemi:Where should we meet?

Shori:Right here.

(Akemi and Reia both go there way while Ranma and Shori go their own way.
Half the day goes by without Ranma even noticing, a majority of it being
with Shori since her friends have different tastes in rides than she does.
Maybe Ranma was having too much fun to notice. It's now later in the
afternoon. Ranma, Shori, Akemi, and Reia are back at their meeting place.)

Akmei:Shori, I have to go. It's getting close to dinner now.

Reia:Me too.

Shori:Well, I guess I'll see you two tomorrow then. The next time we come
here, we must compromise on rides so we can be together.

Akemi:Sure thing. See you later Shori. It was nice meeting you Ranko.

Reia:Same here. I hope you can hang out with us again. Bye Ranko.

Ranma and Shori:Bye.

(The two girls leave. Now its only Ranma and Shori.)

Shori:Do you have to leave also? It's getting kind of late.

Ranma:Me....no. I have nowhere to go.

Shori:Well I don't want to go home either. Would you like to go eat? I'll
treat.

Ranma:Yeah, I'm starving, but you don't need to treat. I have enough for
myself. Thanks anyway.

Shori:Where would you like to go?

Ranma:(Not too familar with the neighborhood)Um, you choose.

Shori:I know this great place that serves the best chinese food.

Ranma:Sure. Lead the way.

(The two leave)

(It's now evening. Ranma and Shori have finished eating and are at a nearby
park, sitting on a bench. They just sit and enjoy the sunset in the distant
horizon.)

Shori:Ranko.

Ranma:(Still looking at the horizon)Yes?

Shori:Do you think I'm pretty?

Ranma:............

(Shori was indeed pretty. Actually, she's gorgeous. Ranma didn't know why a
girl as pretty as her would ask a question like that. Even though he got use
to being in her presence, it took him a few moments before he could answer.)

Ranma:(Looks at Shori)Of course you are. Why would you ask a question like
that?

Shori:I don't know. It's just that I get so nervous around guys. I think
it's because subconsciously, I think I'm ugly. That's why I'm so shy.

Ranma:You're not ugly. I mean it.

Shori:(Hugs Ranma)Thanks, Ranko. It really means a lot to me.

(Ranma hugs back)

Shori:The next time I try to talk to a guy, I'll think of what you said.

(Shori and Ranma stop hugging)

Shori:Look...it's getting late and I've got to be getting home now.

Ranma:Yeah, me too.

Shori:(Gets up)It was rally nice meeting you. I really hope I we can hang
out again.

Ranma:(Gets up)Yeah, me too.

Shori:Bye.(Walks off)

Ranma:Wait.

Shori:(Turns around)Yes?

Ranma:Do you know where I can get some hot water?

Shori:Yes. You can get it a the reastaurant we just came out of.

Ranma:Thanks.

Shori:Bye.(Walks off again)

Ranma:Bye.(Walks off towards the resaurant)

(A few minutes has passed. We now see a slightly damp, male Ranma walking
down the street.)

Ranma:(Thinking)What a great day. I hope I can see her again.(Looks around)
Where am I? How am I going to get home? I know, I'll ask Shori.(Turns around
and runs off in that direction)

(We now see Shori walking)

Shori:(Thinking)I hope I can see Ranko again. I really liked hanging out
with her. Maybe the next time I see her, I'll have a boyfriend. I'll have
to thank her.

Ranma:(Walks up to Shori)Hi.

Shori:(Looks at Ranma)Hi(Thinking)That's Ranma!

Ranma:(Remembering that he's now male)I'm Ranma. Ranma Saotome.

Shori:(Nervously)I'm Shori. Shori Hyusa.

Ranma:I'm....uh...lost. I was wondering how do you get to Nerima.

Shori:(Nervously)It's about a kilometer north of here.

Ranma:Thank you. Would you like me to escort you home? It's very dangerous
to be alone at night you know.

Shori:Would you?

Ranma:No problem.(Takes Shori's arm in his)Ready.

Shori:(Blushing)Um...yes.

(Ranma and Shori both head off down the road. Shori seems very relaxed now.
Maybe because she's thinking of what Ranko said on her being pretty.)

Ranma:Shori.

Shori:Yes?

Ranma:Can I ask you a question?

Shori:Sure.

Ranma:Do I feel tense to you?

Shori:No. Why?

Ranma:(Smiles)Because I get nervous around pretty girls.

Shori:(Blushing)You think I'm pretty?

Ranma:Of course I think your pretty.(Smiles)

Shori:(Leans her head against Ranma's shoulder)Thanks, it really means a lot
to me.

(Shori and Ranma continue down to road)

(We are now at Shori's house. Ranma and Shori are in front.)

Shori:Thank you.

Ranma:No problem......you know what?

Shori:What?

Ranma:You aren't as tense as you were before.

Shori:(Kisses Ranma on the cheek)I know. Thank you.(Goes in)

(Ranma stands there for a second)

Ranma:(Softly)It's the least I can do.(Turns around and heads home)

<End for now>

Well...there's another one. First off, I'd like to say that these
characters were created by Rumiko Takahashi(except Shori, Akemi, and Reia)
and I would never infringe on any of her works. Please e-mail me if you
have comments. (No "You suck" or the like please) Keep in mind that I like
writing developement stories. I'm sorry for any spelling or grammatical
mistakes.

Jeffrey "OneShot" Wong

<Bye>