The Top Ten Things I Hate About Yaoi Fandom

HomonoidCyborg009

Sep 9, 2001, 11:47:12 PM9/9/01
I thought this was pretty darn
interesting!http://www.kekkai.org/psuzan/writing/yaoitopten.html

Homonoidcyborg009

Tigereyesnomiko

Sep 10, 2001, 12:02:36 AM9/10/01
>I thought this was pretty darn
>interesting!http://www.kekkai.org/psuzan/writing/yaoitopten.html
>
>Homonoidcyborg009

*dies* ! omg some of the stuff on the site was f**king hilarious ^O^ Yeah
some yaoifans are guilty of writing impossibly unrealistic sex scenes but hey
baka this is fantasy! You don't need to worry about rupturing some uke's rectum
if the seme decides to screw him without lube >__<
and so what if some fanfic treat the ass as a vagina? Geez if anyone reads a
yaoi fic with expectation of reality in it they're delusional. Sure there are
some writers who care for realism and put it in their fic but that's not a
requirement for a good yaoi fic. As long as it's interesting and keeps your
reader wanting more that's all that counts ^__^

Mariko (totally non-Pc )

Fish Eye no Miko

Sep 10, 2001, 1:28:13 AM9/10/01

Tigereyesnomiko wrote in message
<20010910000236...@mb-cg.aol.com>...

This guy's a troll. Killfile him and move on.

Catherine Johnson.
--
dis "able" to reply.
"Early to bed, early to rise, drive through the drive-thru and get me some

Saturn

Sep 10, 2001, 9:43:48 PM9/10/01
WAII! yaoi rocks! there a million reasons to love it, so lets get this
list going!
10. There's nothing like good male bonding to add some spice to a
story ^_~
9. There are no whining chicks (aka, miakabaka, relena) to screw the
relationship up
8. How many times do yaoi couples sitting around saying each other's
names over and over? (Miaka: "Tamahome" Tamahome: "miaka", etc, etc,
etc)
7. When a yaoi couple gets together, they sort their differences out
in the beginning and spend the rest of the story doing things that
actually have to do with the PLOT.
6. Yaoi brings the world together ^^ there are yaoi fans in every
country that has anime and they all get along just fine
5. Yaoi/shounen ai stories are one step closer to accepting
homosexuality, and hopefully we all agree that discrimination is
wrong..?
4. There's nothing like a good yaoi fanfic. Its better than chocolate.
3. The expression on people's faces when you explain, that, *YES*
Those two guys are a couple, regardless of whether there ore
"suitable" females in the story or not, is priceless
2. Heterosexuality is... boring
1. TWO BISHONEN ARE BETTER THAN ONE!

::bows:: thank you, thank you
ja ne no da
saturn

Tigereyesnomiko

Sep 10, 2001, 10:01:04 PM9/10/01
>WAII! yaoi rocks! there a million reasons to love it, so lets get this
>list going!
>10. There's nothing like good male bonding to add some spice to a
>story ^_~

says who? I find yuri just as spicy ^_^

>9. There are no whining chicks (aka, miakabaka, relena) to screw the
>relationship up

see that's the thing i don't like about a lot of yaoifangirls. i don't find
Relena annoying anymore than i find heero cold emotionless attitude annoying
~__~;

>8. How many times do yaoi couples sitting around saying each other's
>names over and over? (Miaka: "Tamahome" Tamahome: "miaka", etc, etc,
>etc)

more than you think ^^; Have you seen Gravitation? weepy uke syndrome

>7. When a yaoi couple gets together, they sort their differences out
>in the beginning and spend the rest of the story doing things that
>actually have to do with the PLOT.

There's more PWP yaoi than there are PWP shoujo *___* Sex is the primary focus
in most yaoi (especially doujinshi and anthologies).

>6. Yaoi brings the world together ^^ there are yaoi fans in every
>country that has anime and they all get along just fine

Not true. You generalize too much and it's freaking annoying.

>5. Yaoi/shounen ai stories are one step closer to accepting
>homosexuality, and hopefully we all agree that discrimination is
>wrong..?

true but i know narrow-minded yaoifangirls too. Being a yaoifan doesn't make
you more tolerant by default (geez get off it)

>4. There's nothing like a good yaoi fanfic. Its better than chocolate.

I enjoy good Yuri fic, good hetero fic and yaoi fic. As long as it is good i'll
read it ^_^

>3. The expression on people's faces when you explain, that, *YES*
>Those two guys are a couple, regardless of whether there ore
>"suitable" females in the story or not, is priceless

>2. Heterosexuality is... boring

You're an annoying >___< and intolerant hypocrite!

>1. TWO BISHONEN ARE BETTER THAN ONE!

geez can't you be more original !

Mariko (hates the stereotypical yaoifangirl cuz she give the rest of us a bad
name)

The Beer Pirate

Sep 11, 2001, 12:32:35 AM9/11/01

>>2. Heterosexuality is... boring

I shouldn't post when drunk. I really shouldn't.

Hm.

UshiCon 1 - Austin's own Anime and Manga Convention!
Feb 1-3, 2002, at the Four Points Sheraton on I-35N, Austin, TX.
http://www.ushicon.com

"Work EIN!"

Tolaris

Sep 11, 2001, 9:33:51 AM9/11/01
On 10 Sep 2001 18:43:48 -0700, Saturn wrote..

--
See "The Top Ten Things I Hate About Yaoi Fandom: #5" :s

--
Given i've seen them do that in some of a /few/ fics i read,
looks it happens pretty often... either that, or i picked a

>7. When a yaoi couple gets together, they sort their differences out
>in the beginning and spend the rest of the story doing things that
>actually have to do with the PLOT.

--
Plot? What Plot? :s

>4. There's nothing like a good yaoi fanfic. Its better than chocolate.

--
::snickergiggle:: just curious, but how /old/ are you?...

>2. Heterosexuality is... boring
--
like any kind of relationship, it's only as interesting as
are the people involved...so if you find it boring... well
just before he died, he said:
a) "That bridge will hold our weight!"
b) "The bridge looks sturdy enough.."

Tigereyesnomiko

Sep 11, 2001, 11:43:43 AM9/11/01
>>4. There's nothing like a good yaoi fanfic. Its better than chocolate.
>--
>::snickergiggle:: just curious, but how /old/ are you?...

probably 13-14 ~__~

Mariko

Saturn

Sep 12, 2001, 9:21:06 PM9/12/01
tigerey...@aol.com (Tigereyesnomiko) wrote in message news:<20010911114343...@mb-fc.aol.com>...

lol, no, i'm older than that. are you that age? maybe 11 or 12?
younger? need a diaper change?
can't handle an opinion? good for you! that's the way to do it! keep
that closed mind, baby! kisses kisses, love you too
Saturn *^^*

Chili Chili Rio

Sep 12, 2001, 9:55:41 PM9/12/01
strawbe...@subaru.zzn.com (Saturn) wrote in message news:<cc39f38a.01091...@posting.google.com>...

> 1. TWO BISHONEN ARE BETTER THAN ONE!

All of them were *SO* true! Especially the last one! #^_^# I really
have no idea why no one else wrote you something nice.. But *glomps*
Saturn-chan, I loved your list! Really I did! I couldn't agree more!

-Aimee

Chili Chili Rio

Sep 12, 2001, 10:05:41 PM9/12/01
tigerey...@aol.com (Tigereyesnomiko) wrote in message news:<20010911114343...@mb-fc.aol.com>...

> >::snickergiggle:: just curious, but how /old/ are you?...
>
> probably 13-14 ~__~
>

> Mariko

You guys really have no appreciation for good fanfic writers.. It was
a perfectly great list of reasons to love Yaoi, and if you hate Yaoi
that much that you have to comment about the Top Ten list rudely, than
don't comment at all. Asking someone how old they are really isn't all
that mature, either. There's some 30 year olds out there, even 50 year
olds that still manage to act as if they were five. And I seriously
doubt Saturn's 13 or 14. And even if she was (which she isn't), she
doesn't go around acting like she's 8, talking badly about other
fanfic writer's works. Even if I didn't like yaoi whatsoever, I'd
still get a kick out of the top ten list. I'd probably even get a kick
out of the top ten list for reasons to hate Yaoi! Though I doubt it..
I still wouldn't talk rudely of it. Grow up, would you?

James 'Tengu' King

Sep 12, 2001, 10:18:02 PM9/12/01
Chili Chili Rio <Cookie...@aol.com> wrote in message

> tigerey...@aol.com (Tigereyesnomiko) wrote in message
>
> > >::snickergiggle:: just curious, but how /old/ are you?...
> >
> > probably 13-14 ~__~
> >

> > Mariko
>
> You guys really have no appreciation for good fanfic writers.. It was
> a perfectly great list of reasons to love Yaoi, and if you hate Yaoi
> that much that you have to comment about the Top Ten list rudely, than

Heh...

Heh...

Heh...

I don't think anyone who hates yaoi has responded... I don't think anyone
who doesn't love yaoi has responded...

I like yaoi, and about the only point I agreed with was 'Two Bish are better
than one'.

---
James 'Tengu' King - The Tanuki of Total Bewilderment

"Hello, Mr. Postmodern"
-Lyabibrave referring to me on r.a.a.m.

Visit the Anime Tangents Page: http://westwood.fortunecity.com/smith/467/

Desperate, for something to touch
A moment of kindness like that in a dream
Your innocent eyes, have yet no idea
of the path your destiny will follow...
- Cruel Angel's Thesis - English Translation

Ochame

Sep 12, 2001, 10:33:29 PM9/12/01

FYI:
"Tigereyesnomiko" and " HomonoidCyborg009" are the same troll.
He/she made a boo-boo in the yaoi=hentai thread a couple of
days ago, so... just killfile the troll and get on with the
good stuff ( like yaoi fanfic, for example ^^;;)

O.

Tolaris

Sep 13, 2001, 9:44:23 AM9/13/01
On 12 Sep 2001 19:05:41 -0700, Chili Chili Rio wrote..

--
*laughs* i don't 'hate' yaoi, silly...i asked the original
poster about her age because... well, if fanfics and

Tolaris

--
just before he died, he said:

"What?! I thought you said fifTEEN kobolds."

Juliet A. Youngren

Sep 13, 2001, 10:08:40 AM9/13/01
On 12 Sep 2001, Chili Chili Rio wrote:

> You guys really have no appreciation for good fanfic writers.. It was
> a perfectly great list of reasons to love Yaoi

All except "heterosexuality is boring."

I'm not a yaoi fan. I'm not repulsed or horrified by it, but it just
doesn't trip my trigger. However, I would never make a statement that was
so demeaning of other people's tastes.

Juliet