[Ranma][FanFic]Unfolding Destiny, Book 2: The Chosen Path(Parts 12-20)

1 view

Richard Marshall

Aug 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/4/99
This is a fanfic in the works that can be seen at

Original:
http://www.macol.net/~marshall/

mirror site:
http://members.aol.com/mythosex/

Ranma is owned by Vis Communications, Rumiko Takahashi,
and other subsidiaries.
C&C Is welcomed.
knigh...@aol.com
-------------------------

Unfolding Destiny

BOOK 2:

The Chosen Path

By Richard Marshall (DK)
= = = = = =

Part 12

Home. . .

Ranma awoke clutching for the air "Akane!" he
screamed. It was dark. Ranma looked left and right,
searching the room. His head ached and his vision pocked
with stars that faded softly into the darkness. His eyes
slowly focused and he saw the door, light seaming through
the cracks of it. With the new light he made out the
outlined of the room he was in. ~Hey this is Doctor Tofu’s
office, how did I get here?~

~Was it all a dream?~ his mind tried to remember, but
it seemed hazy. A moan caught his attention and he looked
to the corner it came from. He saw an outline of a girl in
the next bed. He sat up slowly and walked to the bed. His
eyes strained to see her face but it was too dark.

With a flash of light the room lit up with neon
brilliance. Ranma winced at the sudden change, and rubbed
his eyes. "I thought I heard someone in here." Came a
voice from the door.

"How’d I get here Dr.?" Ranma’s question was plain.
He looked to the girl and saw Akane’s face, slightly bruised
and bandaged, but it was her.

"Akane and the others brought you here a couple days
ago, they’ve all been here since." Tofu came in and looked
to the Tendo girl. "Akane was the worse for wear with her
broken leg."

"Will she be ok?"

"In a couple weeks she’ll be fine." Tofu said walking
back to the door. "I’ll give you two some privacy." He
closed the door and left them alone.

Ranma looked to Akane’s sleeping form and tucked
her in. ~Maybe it wasn’t a dream~.

= = = = = =

The next day Ranma walked into the waiting room of
doctor Tofu and sat down and looked outside the window
to the street. He blinked and got closer to the window.
Something was wrong, he could feel it. Something
miniscule like a shadow misplaced or a leaf that’s been
burned. His eyes looked around searching the street and the
sidewalk. With a blur of motion a small glint of metal
gleamed into the window, his eyes were too slow catch up
before a figure burst through the window.

He pulled back covering his face from the glass that
was spraying into him. As he looked out from his fingertips
the figure sliced across his abdomen. With a fright Ranma
leaped back and looked up just in time to see the edge of
the blade slicing through the air, coming down upon his
face.

= = = = = =

Ranma awoke sweating. His eyes darted in the
morning glow that filled the room Akane looked to him
with a curious look. "Ranma?"

He looked to her "Ya, Akane?"

"Something wrong?"

"N-Nothing.." He got up and rubbed his eyes with a
yawn.

Sitting up Akane nervously looked to the floor as he
stood from his bed. He looked to her and smiled softly to
himself before walking out the door. "Akane?"

"Yes?" her eyes drifted to his.

"Would you like me to bring you something for
breakfast?" He asked quietly and looked to the window
beside her.

She nodded "Thanks. . ." Her nod was feint and he
slipped out of the room. Akane watched the door silently
with a smile tucked under the corner of her pajama top.

= = = = = =

As Ranma passed the front door to the clinic a
knock emanated from it. The surprise caused him to settle
into a fighting stance and relaxed after a moment. The
knock came again and this time he opened it and looked to
the person in front of him. ". . ." Words failed him.

"Hello?" The brunette asked and cleared her throat "Is
this the Tofu clinic?" All he could do was nod. She untied
her katana from her back and slipped it into a peaceful
gesture before walking in. Her green eyes looked to Ranma
slightly puzzled by his reactions and looked around.

"Who is it Ranma?" Came a voice from the hall. He
turned and saw his female self looking to him and peering
around to take a look. She gasped and Ranma feinted,
stress, of course he would never admit to fainting in the
first place.

The girl looked to the boy then to the girl "This is Ran-
.." Her voice slid away as she looked to Ranma-chan.
Ranma was soon accompanied by the new girl in naptime.

After a few minutes Ranma-chan turned and walked to
Tofu’s office and opened his door. He was talking to
someone but she didn’t notice as she dragged the doctor
into the living room with her mouth shut the whole way.

A slightly raised eyebrow, half bandaged with a new
Band-Aid, of Ryoga followed them into the waiting room.
His eyes scanned the room and looked to the two lying next
to the door. ~Who? What? How?~ His mind reeled the
possibilities. Dr Tofu walked to the two and checked their
pulses before carrying them to the sofas.

"Now this is interesting." As he placed the katana on
the table. He then looked the two over for any signs of
injuries and shook his head with a look to Ranma-chan who
stared at the girl. "they’ll be find in a few minutes." She
looked to the doctor and nodded finding it a little difficult
to talk right at the moment.

Ryoga silently slipped into the closet and after a few
moments stepped out and turned to the other door into the
kitchen. . .

= = = = = =

Ukyo awoke and stretched on the spare bed. Sitting up
she looked to the other side of the room and saw a
disheveled Nabiki sleeping with the blankets all bunched to
one side. Stifling a yawn she went into the kitchen and
prepared a couple okinomyakies and slipped back into her
room with them. On her way she passed the three in the
waiting room

As she placed the plates on a tray next to Nabiki’s bed
she paused ~Wait a minute. . .~ She stepped back to the
door and looked out into the waiting room before shutting
the door again. ~Now that is weird. . .~

She then heard Nabiki groggily sit up and speak a
mumbled "Morning." As she slipped her legs over the side
of the bed.

"Morning Nabiki." She turned around and watched as
the Tendo-girl took a bite of one of the okinomiyakies. She
smiled inwardly and sat down silently eating the
okinomiyaki.

= = = = = =

Ranma awoke sometime later as he felt the dampness
of a cloth rest on his forehead. A momentary shock passed
through him as he looked at Akane leaning over him and
dabbing the rag on his head. With a sigh he pushed himself
up.

"So you decided to wake up again?" Akane’s voice
was a teasing tone but he dismissed it looking to the figure
across from him still sleeping.

"Who is that?" Ranma’s question was a good one but
none in the room had the answer. Ryoga wandered through
about a minute later being led by Shampoo to this room.
Ranma shook his head and looked to the others in the room,
Nabiki, Ukyo, Perfume, Ranma-chan.

His eyes fixed on Ranma-chan and tilted his head, then
looked to the other girl still on the couch. With a studied
look he gazed at the katana on the table and considered it
before picking it up and testing its weight. "What is it?"
Akane’s voice softly spoke. It was then he saw the wheel
chair she was sitting in with her leg propped up.

"Ah. . . Nuthin." He put the sword down and peered at
the owner.

"Ranma, could you come here?" Both Ranma’s started
for the door where Tofu was and stopped. Both seemed a
bit embarrassed and looked to the floor.

"This is rather.. um. . . interesting." Ranma-chan said
finally.

"it is rather confusing, isn’t it?" Ranma looked to the
others for a bit of help and Akane brightened.

"I know, how about Ranko?" She asked to them.

"Ran-ko.." Ranma-chan tested the sound of it and
nodded " Some reason it doesn’t sound half bad. Thanks."

Akane nodded and smiled to the two. "Ok. . . Ranko,"
Tofu said "I need to do some tests." Ranko nodded and
headed to the room. Sounds of muffled voices came from
the room.

Ranma sat back down and the girl in the couch stirred,
everyone looked to the girl as she sat up. She blinked at the
attentions and straightened out her dress and looked down
"What are you people staring at?"

They all stepped back and shrugged. Ranma cleared his
throat and looked to her with a quizzical look "Who, the
heck, are you?" All those in the room gathered around the
two awaiting the answer.

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 13

Twisted Paths

The girl looked to Ranma with her big emerald eyes
and looked a bit sad. "I’m your sister." Her words were
shaky. "Misato Soatome."

"Misato Soatome? I don’t remember having a sister. .
." His words trailed off at he looked to the girl; her features
resembling Ranko’s in almost every detail but for the green
eyes which Ranko’s were blue and the brown hair, Ranko’s
was red, and Misato had two braids, not one.

"Well it is not that surprising." Misato said looking to
her brother.

"What do you mean?" Ranma asked.

"Mother found out that Genma was going to take you
on that training trip even before we were born." She
breathed "And when she found out that we were twins, kept
me a secret." Ranma looked a bit shocked as the others
watched carefully.

"She did?" His quiet question was answered with a
small nod.

"When you went on your training trip she raised me
and taught me to use this." She then pointed to the sword.

"That’s where I remember that from." Ranma’s eyes
grew a spark of remembrance and Misato nodded.

"A month ago Genma came back and said that you
have been living with the Tendos for the past three months
and also said you took Akane and Ukyo to China for the
first of the summer, a training trip."

She looked to the crowded room and saw Nabiki and
Ukyo sitting next to each other. Her eyes looked to Ranma
and Akane across from her. "Did he tell you about
Jusenkyo?"

She nodded, Ranma’s ears perked and the others seem
to lean in closer. "He said he had an accident there and you
were reluctant to train there any further. He also said you
were lucky you did not fall into one of the pools." Her eyes
had a thoughtful look "He did not tell me why that was, but
her sure is afraid of water sometimes."

"So that’s what he meant. . . " Ranma soft words were
caught by Misato.

"What who meant?" Misato asked.

"Nothing. . Just something I remember from a while
back" She nodded not truly satisfied but enough to drop it.

"Mother is waiting at the Tendo’s." Misato said
"Genma got the post card and sent Nabiki to check up on
you here." Nabiki raised an eyebrow.

"Well Misato. . . "Ranma looked to the others and
pointed to each one "That’s Shampoo, Ukyo, Nabiki,
Perfume, Ryoga, and Akane." Misato nodded to each one
and each gave a gesture of greetings "These are my
friends."

Shampoo walked over to Akane and squeezed her shoulder
for support and Misato looked to the two. "Akane, I
remember you from the family album Kasumi let me look
at, you cut your hair?"

Akane raised an eyebrow "Yeah a little while back."
Misato nodded and at looked to the amazon next to her.
Akane ran a hand through her hair and looked to Ranma.

Ranma studied Misato a moment before settling back
onto the couch and sighed. Shampoo’s voice broke the
silence "Akane and I go for walk yes?" She asked looking
to the girl in the wheel chair and Akane nodded.

"Perfume go to store with lost boy." Perfume added
and took a hold of Ryoga’s shirt before leaving. Shampoo
pushing Akane followed them soon after. Ukyo and Nabiki
looked a bit nervous but Nabiki spoke up.

"We’ll check in at the dojo, make sure everyone knows
we are alright." With that Nabiki and Ukyo headed out,
leaving The Soatomes to themselves. Ranko soon came in
as sat next to Ranma and looked to Misato.

Uneasy moments of silence crept over the three and
then Ranko spoke "I’m Ranko Soatome."

"Misato Soatome. . ."

They stared at each other for a moment before Ranma
interjected "It’s a long story." Misato nodded accepting that
answer. Ranko however just shrugged.

"I’m Ranma’s twin sister." Ranko’s face blanked and
she just simply sat in shock.

"Apparently Mom had twins. " Ranma said looking to
Ranko’s expression.

Ranko’s brain became a series of tests with her
memory and shook her head "But, I don’t remember a
sister Ranma. Remember we were only gone for the last 10
years, I think I would have remembered a sister."

Misato’s eyes ingested this information and found it
peculiar of the time of the training trip and the fact that
these two spent most of their lives together ~ Could it be
that we are triplets? Why was it Genma never mentioned
Ranko?~

"Well um Ranma has been gone for most of his life, I
never knew him, Father took him away when he was a year
old and hadn’t returned."

Ranko was taken aback as was Ranma who countered
the girl "We came back when I was five, we passed Kansai
on the way out again."

Misato merely shook her head. "You could not have,
Mother took me to the north when I was five." Misato’s
voice quivered "That was our training trip."

They watched as Misato wiped a tear from her eye and
Ranko moved to the seat next to her and gave her a hug,
Misato returned it a few moments afterwards as Ranma
watched the semi-odd view of his female self hugging his
female self/ sister. ~This doesn’t make sense.. no sense at
all.~

= = = = = =

Shampoo pushed Akane down the street "Shampoo get
some ramen and we take to Ranma." Her Chinese accent
still clearly present and Akane nodded.

"We should be getting there soon." Akane’s eyes
looked to the street the Neko-hanten was on.

They turned the corner and Shampoo looked to the top
of Akane’s head "It good that Ranma is here."

"Tell me about it, I was so. . ."

"Sad, Shampoo understand, feel same way." Akane
nodded as the two slipped into the familiar doors and froze.
The interior was similar but more, more decorative. Near
the front there was a man dressed in a Chinese suit with
small symbols embroidered on the sleeves. His hair pulled
back into a ponytail and his face was framed nicely because
of it. ~Who is he, when did Great-grand-mother hire him?~

He walked over and looked to Akane with a smile and
a worried crease on his brow. "How was your trip, Akane?"
His blue eyes sparkled softly with amusement as he turned
to the Amazon "Who’s your friend?"

Just as Akane began to speak a waiter came by with a
tray "Table 4 is ready, Mousse."

"MOUSSE?!!" They both chorused and stared at him.
He hopped back with the shock of both of them screaming
his name.

Shampoo regained her composer and looked to the boy
in question "Where great-grand-mother Cologne, and what
happen to glasses, Mousse?"

"Cologne?" Mousse straightened out his suit and
looked to Shampoo "Why on earth would Cologne be here?
Who are you anyway?"

"I Shampoo, stupid, maybe Mousse need find glasses
again!"

"Shampoo? Then you should know The elder Cologne
threw me out of the Villiage a while ago." Mousse walked
towards Shampoo and glared at her "You caused it, or
don’t you remember?"

"What you talking Mousse?" A voice came from the
door, it was Perfume with Ryoga. Ryoga looked worn and
seemed to have been dragged all the way here.

Perfume put the bag of groceries on a nearby table.
Most of the patrons left, leaving most of the tables empty.
Her eyes looked to Mousse and froze "You not mousse."

Mousse looked at Perfume and blinked "And you?"

Shampoo took this time to swat Mousse on the back of
the head. "That Perfume. Where glasses?"

Mousse then looked to shampoo and puffed "I’m
wearing contacts, thank you." With that he looked to
perfume, "I thought your hair was shorter."

"I grow." Perfume stated and sat down in a chair.

"Mousse, what happened?" Akane decided it was time
to get things straight.

Mousse looked to Akane then ushered the rest of the
customers out for the time being promising them a free
dessert on their next meals and he locked the door.
Motioning them to a near by table he sat and looked at the
three girls and Ryoga who sat at the wrong table a couple
times before sitting at the right one.

= = = = = =

Ukyo and Nabiki walk in relative silence, their casual
gazes to the road and to each other seem sparatic at best.
They walk rather slowly, as if to prolong their journey to
think of what has happened but no words seem to be said.

As they approched the Dojo they paused, carefully
examining the Torey. With thoughts of something a bit
askew they enteres the gates and walked to the door. Nabiki
opened the door and stepped in taking off her shoes "I’m
home!" Her worrds came and Soun appeared from the
hallway "Good, you’re back Nabiki, how was everything?"
His eyes looked to Ukyo "Looks like everything went well
on the trip."

"You could say that, daddy." Her tone was lilted
slightly but neither of the two noticed. Ukyo took off her
shoes and stayed beside Nabiki as they walked into the
Living room where Genma sat at the shogi board looking at
it thoughtful. "Hello Mr. Soatome."

Genma looked to Nabiki and nodded curtly "Hello,
Nabiki, Ukyo."

"Hiya Mr. Soatome." Ukyo replied.

Soun soon joined Genma at the board and they
continued their game. Nabiki went to the kithen and saw
Kasumi preparing a pie for dessert.

"Hey Kasumi, what’s that?" Ukyo looked to the pie.

"Oh it’s a reciepie from a cook book Nodoka gave to
me, strawberry pie I believe." Kasumi said with a smile.
"Are you staying for dinner again?"

"Sure." Ukyo said as Nabiki walked into the living
room with some tea. Ukyo soon followed.

= = = = = =

Ranma, Ranko, and Misato started on their way to the
Tendo house hold. Little was made clear in the talks that
they had in the clinic. ~I’ll just have to ask pop whats going
on.~ Thought Ranma.

Misato grew fidgety as they approached the front gate.
Neither of the other two caught it their minds were on the
questions that they would ask of Genma. As they opened
the door Ranma and Ranko piped "We’re home!" And with
obvious recognition the two went towards the living room
and dragged Genma from it and to the dojo. Misato looked
at them a littled shocked.

Genma’s face was pale and pointed to Ranko with a
slight confusion, especialy when Misato it was not.

= = = = = =

Inside they closed the doors and looked to Genma
"Alright pops, what happened in Jusenkyo?" Ranma asked
with fervor that Genma gulped.

~Whats gotten into him?~ Genma thought "What do
you mean, son? You were there!"

Ranko sat back and gave him a stare and Genma
gulped again "I might have been there, but I want you to
refresh my memory. And no using cold water to get out of
it this time!" Ranma sat across from Genma next to Ranko.

"Alright, Alright, I’ll tell you. . ." Genma thought back.

To be continued . . .

= = = = = =

Part 14

Flash Back : Jusenkyo

Genma and Ranma set forth during their journey a map
in one hand Genma leads onward. A reluctant Ranma
follows behind wary of his father’s actions. Genma with a
last look to the map looks over the final ridge of a hill and
smiles, a broad, smile and gestures with a hand. "Look at it
boy! Jusenkyo Training grounds!"

Ranma was impressed It really looked like a training
ground with a lot of history. Its features looked as though
munks of the area might have used it at one time but today
it was the Soatomes who were training here.

They ran towards the springs and passed the man in the
green Chinese suit and onto the poles. "Welcome to
Jusenkyo, Cursed springs!"

"I’m not going to go easy on you Boy!" Genma
shouted.

"Careful up there!" The man’s words weren’t heeded
though as the two leapt for each other.

One pass and they both look to each other with
confidence. A second pass and Ranma gets a good shot to
Genma’s mid section knocking him into a near by spring.
Bubbles flow from the occupied pond of water as Ranma
watches. "Pop?" He called down "No time for playing
around!" His irritated voice was accompanied with worry.

Then it came. A giant panda emerged from the pond
and landed on one of the poles.

"What the heck?!" Ranma’s eyes widened and
immediately hopped from the pole he was on and next to
the guide who looked to him with a sign

"Shonmaoniichuan, Spring of drowned Panda, very tragic
story of panda who drown here 2000 year ago. Now
whoever fall in spring takes body of a panda."

"And you couldn’t have told us sooner?" Ranma
shouted.

"You no give me chance," The guide quibbled "You be
grateful you no fall in spring like father, maybe fall in
Naniichuan, spring of drowned Girl, no?"

Ranma blinked and snapped back at the guide "And
*how* do I tell people that my father is a. . is a. . .
*Panda*?!" Ranma’s Aura showed along the edges of his
form.

The guide cowered back and looked to the young boy
"Use hot water to change back and cold water to turn him
into panda."

"Well what are you waiting for? Go get some hot
water!" Ranma looked to the guide and he dusted himself
off before heading to the small hut neat the entrance of the
springs.

Genma-panda now stood next to Ranma and looked to
the boy.

"You can’t *read* a *word* of Chinese can you?"
Ranma’s voice asked with certainty of the answer. Genma
backpedaled slowly whipping out a small sing, that was
next to one of the springs and wrote on the back of it.

"Well. . . Technically. . .No. . ." Genma sweated with
one huge drop trailing down his head.

"Sirs?" The guide came back with a kettle unwittingly
saving the panda/father..

= = = = = =

Ranma and Ranko Looked to Genma with their faces
set in a semi shock state. "How could that be?" Ranma
asked.

Genma quivered softly feeling he might have given
them an answer they did not want, and that he was going to
get the raw end of the stick so to speak. "It’s the truth!"
Genma coughed up.

"I don’t think he is lying. Why would he lie, I mean if
you were there, he would have no reason to lie." Ranko
said standing "We need to talk to Nabiki and the others."

Ranma nodded and walked back to the dojo with
Ranko behind.

= = = = = =

Nabiki, Ukyo, Ranma, and Ranko are in Nabiki’s
room and sitting in a circle, with Nabiki on the bed.

"Ok so you’re saying that some how Ranma didn’t fall
into the spring of drowned girl?" Nabiki Asked in general
and Ranko nodded.

"I mean its not like he would lie to us." Ranko added.

"Yeah, she has a point, Nabiki." Ukyo looked to the
Tendo girl.

"But if that’s true. . "Ranma began.

"Why are you still here?" Nabiki finished looking at
Ranko who squirmed under the pressure.

"Wait a minute, Nabiki, this seems too weird, I mean
we remember that Genma and Ranma both fell into the
springs." Ukyo looked to the others "But they don’t, I mean
even Nodoka is supposed to be here in the Tendo house."

"That’s right!" Ranma stood up and walked to the
door.

"Wait Soatome." Nabiki stops Ranma from leaving yet
"This is not the same Nodoka I am presuming."

"Uh.. You have a point, Nabiki." Ranma conceded and
sat down again.

"We need to see what else has changed, we need to
talk to Akane and Shampoo if they have had any troubles."
Nabiki counted mentally in her head "For that matter,
seeing what they remember as we do. . ."

= = = = = =

Kuno paced in his room looking to the full-length
mirror before him. ~What is this?~ His hand traced over the
antique wood finish as he caught site of the small tag taped
to it. "hmmm."

"What’s this?" He reads it carefully "A gift from my
sister? But it is not my day of birth or Christmas, is it?"
With a shrug he mentally noted to get something for her.
His hand traced the smooth surface of the glass. "Such a
magnificent piece of art."

With a swift motion his finger caught a rough edge of
the mirror and pulled his hand back "Curses! The vile thing
is unsafe!" His eyes caught the sight of his blood on the
mirror. "Gads!"

His eyes widened as he saw the mirror’s surface fog
over with crimson haze. The image turned his visage blood
red in the highlights. He stepped back slightly shocked at
the display and turned for the door. It closed. Drawing his
boken he faces the mirror. "So the demons finally attack a
worth foe?" A cold dark fog blanketing the floor answered
his words. "I, blue thunder of Furinkan high, shall defeat
any demon in his home!"

He struck a pose and pointed to the mirror and
smirked. As if pressure was building behind the glass,
small cracks popped into view and spread throughout the
mirror’s surface. Kuno’s defiant manner still showing as it
shattered spewing the dark crimson mist into the room. His
hand came over his face as a stench filled the air. He felt a
presence in the air about him. A presence that sent a shiver
down his spine as he went into unconsciousness.

While Kuno’s lifeless body lied on the floor a figure
stepped forward. His black attire blended well with the cold
mist around him. His mask seemed to grin down at the
kendoist. His red eyes glowed softly through the holes of
his mask as he drew his katana with the blade black as
pitch. A dark fire illuminated the hilt of the blade as he held
it above his head and struck down upon the prone form of
Kuno.

= = = = = =

Misato hummed lightly as she polished the family
sword. Her eyes looked to the small pond in the Tendo yard
and she shivered. ~That’s weird.~ she thought to herself as
she lookd to the darkening sky. ~Hmmm~

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 15

Flash back : Joketzuzoku

"I’m hungry." Ranma’s voice again gave his opinion.

The Guide, Genma-panda, and Ranma head down the
road. With a "growf!" Genma added to the plea.

"No worries sirs, we come to amazon village;
Joketzuzoku." The guide pointed to the bundle of houses
they were headed to.

= = = = = =

They enter the village with no problems and the guide
heads them over to the center of it. There was a
commotion, cries of cheer and boo’s filled the air as the
three looked to the suspended log in the middle of the
crowd.

"We in luck sirs, they have village tournament among
the women." Just as the guide finishes his statement a burly
woman hops onto the log with a combative air.

"That’s a woman?" Ranma voiced his opinion as he sat
at a nearby bench.

With mixed shouts of encouragement and awe a
lavender hair woman hops onto the other end of the log.
Even through her armor anyone could tell of her female
attributes. "There, that one better no?" The guide’s question
was left unanswered as the boy and the panda silently ate
the prize.

The fight lasted no more than a few seconds as the
burly woman flew into the crowd with a cheer from the
whole village. Ranma and Genma froze as the shocked
silence and the parting of souls pointed in their direction.
The lavender champion threw her bonbori at the table
breaking it in two before walking up to the intruders.

<What are you doing?!> The Chinese woman snapped
at the two. <You’re eating my prize!>

"What you do? You eat first prize, is what she say"
The guide translated.

"But. . ." Ranma began and the girl thrust the other
bonbori at him. With a simple block he stopped it inches
from his head. Gasps were heard around the village as the
girl pulled the bonbori back.

<Since you are a good fighter, we fight for prize,
outsider.> The girl turned away from the two and
proceeded to the log.

"She say, she want fight you for prize, you very good
fighter." The guide translated.

Ranma reluctantly sat up. As the girl noticed his lack
of enthusiasm she called to him <Unless you want give us
the panda?>

"Maybe you want give panda to replace food?" The
guide Translated and Ranma got up.

"No way! If you want a fight then you got one!"
Ranma’s voice challenged back and he fluidly leapt onto
the log.

<He says: No way, If you want to fight, you have one>
The guide called to the girl.

The girl leapt to the opposite side of the log and
looked to the challenger. She charged in and as soon as she
got to the boy on the other side her cry of surprise escaped
her lips as she was airborne.

Ranma blinked. His eyes looked at the girl on the floor.
She was on the log a second ago. ~I kicked her, I think. . . I
guess she must have been tired. . .~ He hopped down to the
girl on her knees.

She wasn’t moving and her eyes were cast downward.
Her hands her before her in a fashion of disbelief. "Um, are
you ok?" Ranma’s words were filled with concern as he
knelt before her.

She then looked up, she gasped softly seeing the
gentleness of his eyes. "Wo ai ni. . ." She slowly wrapped
her arms around Ranma, who inherently froze on touch.

Genma stood nearby and grabbed the guide waving a
sign "WHAT IS THIS!?"

With a shaken stutter "Is is amazon custom!?" he
desperately gave out before Genma released him and
looked to his prone son.

A small old woman walked to the panda ant the two
teens. "It is law that if an outsider male defeats one of us
she must marry the outsider." She oddly hopped around on
a small staff.

Genma just held up a sign "Can I have some hot water
please?"

= = = = = =

Genma and Cologne sit in a small hut at a table sipping
tea. Genma looked pleased to be a man again and had a
kettle nearby just in case. "I don’t wish to be a downsod,
but my boy has been engaged already to another girl."

Cologne took a moment to consider this "Well it seems
we have a small bump, Shan pu seems to be taken with the
lad." A sigh of happiness comes from the back room. With
a small sigh of contemplation. "Shan pu will go with you
and the boy Ranma, our customs will allow more than one
woman to share a man."

Genma choked on his tea and began a short coughing
fit before looking to the other woman. "Wait a minute, He
is not going to marry both of them!"

"You have a problem with that? Why?"

Genma thought about it a moment "She can’t even
speak Japanese!"

"And you can’t speak Chinese, I think it’s a fair trade
off."

Genma looked a bit awkward as he opened the door to
find his son gently hugging the girl next to him nervously.
~Can’t blame the boy, she *is* very attractive.~

Genma sighed and looked out the window. "OK
Cologne, We’ll keep her along as long as she knows that
there will be another waiting for him in Japan."

Cologne nodded and looked to Shampoo <Shampoo,
you will go with them and there will be another girl in
Japan to wed him.>

Shampoo got up quickly and walked to Cologne
<Another!?>

<Now child you know as well as I, that this can work.
Be patient, two wives will bring us many new tribal
sisters.>

Shampoo seemed unconvinced but conceded to the
matriarch. <Yes Great Grand mother>

<Oh and Shampoo, I trust you will learn Japanese to
communicate with Ranma.>

<Yes,> Shampoo sighed <And I teach him what I can
of our tongue>

Cologne smiled encouragingly to Shampoo who went
to her hut.

= = = = = =

As Genma looked to the setting sun he noted the boy
next to him. With a sigh he watches the lavender haired
Shampoo run across the courtyard and hug Ranma. There
was an eerieness of the silence that was around them. It was
early morning but being an amazon village one would think
there was a few training nearby. They seemed to be
watching them off.

They turned to the original entrance they came in and
readied to join the rather stout traveling guide. As they
approached the border of the village a cry came from above
"FIST OF THE WHITE SWAN!" They looked up to see a
teen boy in robes descending upon them.

Ranma pulled Shampoo aside as the boy landed where
they were. "What the!"

"I will not allow you to take my beloved Shampoo!"
The boy threw his gaze at Genma before putting on his
glasses and looking to Ranma.

"Prepare to fight the master of hidden weapons!" With
that the boy dispersed a barrage of chains and knives.
Cologne soon found herself watching with interest.

Ranma grabbed the last chain that flew by and pulled
the boy to him "Get over here!"

<Mu Tsu! What are you doing!> Shampoo shouted as
Ranma’s fist collided with his nose and broke his glasses.
Mousse stumbled.

With a cry he leapt into the air and dove for Ranma
bearing large claws from the edges of the robe. Ranma
dodged easily and set in a fighting stance and Shampoo
stood with him. "Prepare for the Fist of the White Swan
Final Attack. . ."

Cologne’s eyes widened a bit ~He wouldn’t. . . He’s
not ready, maybe in a few years. . .~

"Hidden Claws of the Waters!" With that he spun
sending another barrage of chains, this time they sere
charged with chi and exploded around Ranma and
Shampoo as he took to the air revealing razor sharp sickles
burning with energy. They blades trailed small arcs of light
in the air as the two choked on the dust from the previous
attack.

Ranma felt the piercing heat of one sickle making its
way into his shirt. Then it stopped. Ranma opened his eyes
to see that Cologne was now standing before him and
looking to Mousse with a glare that could melt steel.
Shampoo pressed herself against Ranma and looked
onward as well.

<Mousse. . . You have used a deadly technique against
an outsider and endangering the life of a Tribal sister.>

Mousse looked hurt, his face was one of a man who
just found out that his life was over. <But . . .> He began.

<No buts, Mu Tsu> Cologne motioned for a couple of
the nearby women to take him.<Your lack of wisdom cost
you more than you think. You will be banished from here,
with this knowledge of shame and the elimination of your
fighting skills by means of the Shaifang Shiatsu.>

<NO!> Mousse Cried out.

Shampoo looked at the boy being dragged to a hut. She
knew what was going to happen and now nothing could be
done. The technique was for trained masters to use with
supreme caution, this was a mistake that would cost him
dearly. She frowned at the ordeal, Mousse was annoying
yes, but he was a good friend.

= = = = = =

"Its been close to a year from that day." Mousse looked
at Shampoo "I can hardly recognize you in those clothes."

Shampoo just looked down. "Look Mousse, that’s an
awful story, you’ve been here ever since?" Akane asked.

"Yes, you should know that, or at least Nabiki should, I
got the loan from her remember?" Mouse looked to her.

"No I don’t. . . I’ll look into seeing if she will let a little
give on her interest now that you mention it."

"Really? Hmm, well with that kind of talk you should
get a free meal." Mousse got up. "And Shampoo?"
Shampoo looked to him "I don’t blame you for any of it, it
was my fault, I shouldn’t have used the technique with out
further training."

Shampoo noddedbefore Mousse headed for the front.
"We need talk to Nabiki after this."

Akane nodded "You’re telling me, is that what you
remember?" She looked to the two girls with her.and they
shook their heads.

"Funny, that does give an excuse for this place being
the way it is." Ryoga commented looking at the menu.

= = = = = =

Akane was wheeled through the door of the Tendo
house hold, with Shampoo behind her. Soon followed by
Ryoga and Perfume. Soon after their enterance a hushed
voice from the top of the stairs called their attention.
"Psst!"

Akane looked up and saw her sister Nabiki leaning
over the rail. She motioned for them to come up quietly and
dessappeared from their sights. With combined shrugs they
climbed the stairs with Akane on Shampoo’s back, piggy-
back style.

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 16

. . .

Nabiki shook her head. Clearly something was amiss,
but what? Her eyes scanned the others in her now cramped
room and her instincts were telling her that something was
definitely wrong. Her eyes went to her computer. ~Of
course.~ She went to her computer with mixed faces
looking towards her.

"Look you guys, if we are in a different dimension, I
think wven this Nabiki would keep records if she is
anything like me they will be *very* thurough." She said
with a nod and a turn towards the glowing monitor.

The room grew quiet as Nabiki tapped the keys of the
keyboard. Small images filled the screen as she typed.
Password after password entered into the small spaces
provided. Her spell was enough to disctract them when the
final needed password was given. With a nod Nabiki
brought up what seemed to be a word processor anda log.

= = = = = =

DAY=?

Ranma: ARRIVAL_

. . .
Ranma had made it. Father was indeed careful in that
respect. Genma was no where to be seen. Just that huge
panda and that amazon. Something sure was between
Ranma and her. Shampoo. Strange name for a strange girl.
Chinese.

Genma finally showed after a good hour. He was the
Panda. Very interesting. Akane seems to be liking Ranma.
Although her style of affection could be interpretted wrong.
His obvious attraction to her and Shampoo is evident.
Maybe this will be a worthwhile adventure. At least Kuno
will be interested in Akane, maybe I can make some bets
on their fights Ranma and Kuno that is.

= = = = = =

"That it?" Ranma’s eyes scanned the picture before
him.

"What *were* you expecting?" Nabiki flashed a smile.

"Well uhhh. . ." Ranma’s words displayed his current
lack of counter point.

Ukyo looked to the Tando at the keyboard. "All that
razzle dazzle in securety and this is it?"

"No this is not all that in here. Maybe that’s all in this
file but let me assure you that this thing holds more
information on many different things."

"We get the picture, sugar." Ukyo sat on the bed and
looked to the others. "I’m pooped." She lied back and
draped her arm over her face with an exhausted sigh.

Nabiki thought a moment and looked to the others.
"Let me do some resaerch on the hard drive and let Ukyo
sleep here for now." She said with a nod to the bed. "Why
don’t you guys have Kasumi make us all dinner."

"I’ll go tell her." Ryoga spoke up.

Ranko grabed his arm and loked to him "I’ll lead you
to her." With that they left.

"I go see if Tofu can say anything about all this."

"Good idea Perfume." Akane aknowledged and left via
Ranma’s arms followed by Shampoo. "I need a nice bath."
Ranma froze at the door and Shampoo smirked.

= = = = = =

Akane and Shampoo entered the bathroom with Akane
being carried by Shampoo. "Akane ok?" Shampoo asked as
she placed the towel covered Akane on one of the stools.

"Yeah, this leg cast is gonna drive me crazy though."
Akane gently lifted the towel away and gently began
scrubbing her body with soap draping the towel over her
leg.

After a bit of time Shampoo and Akane slowly made
their way into the bathtub Akane stuck hher leag on the
edge to keep it dry. "you look funny that way." Shampoo
giggled.

"Oh be quiet!" Akane waved her arm in jest and
calmed down after a moment. Slowly the room became
darkened and they saw the clouds forming in the distance.
Hushed silence was around them. With quick movements
they hurried their bath along..

= = = = = =

Ranma sat on his futon and thought a moment before
looking over at the arrangements of his room.Genma’s
futon was nowhere to be seen and a table with book stood it
its place. Other than that, it wasn’t much different. He
turned in the room to find the poster on the wall next to the
door and blinked. ~Where? Oh yeah, I was a girl at the
time.~ he chuckledto himself as he got up.

His shadow followed him to one end of the room
where his closet was and opened it. It was still barren, the
chinese shirts were still their and his normal dark blueand
black pants were there. He shivered slightly as the
tempeture in the room seemed to drop by a considerable
amount. He let his sleeves cover his arms as he looked at
the dimming window. A flash of lightling errupted from the
clouds and he jumped back.

With a shake of his head, he walked out of his room.

= = = = = =

Nabiki sat at her desk quietly typing in her words and
sighed softly. Her eyes drifted to Ukyo sleeping on her bed.
Was something wrong with her? She shook a thought from
her head and Ukyo sat up. "Oh did I wake you?" Nabiki
said.

"No, I was just resting my eyes." Ukyo looked to
Nabiki with a soft smile that vanished a moment later. It
wasn’t much but Nabiki noticed and smiled inwardly.

~This is weird.~ Nabiki looked away which caused
Ukyo to look down.

An eerie silence filled the toom and the two sat. In the
warm air Nabiki shivered as the hairs on the back of her
neck shifted with a small movement of her head. ~It was
nice to just sit in silence ~ she thought. And smiled
outwardly this time. Her slight blush gave way when Ukyo
caught her smiling and smiled back at the Tendo girl.

They both looked out the window as the room
darkened suddenly. Nabiki quickly turned off her computer
and sat on the bed next to Ukyo looking out the window.
"That’s one dark cloud for these parts." Ukyo spoke with a
slightly firm tone.

"Hmm You’re right." Nabiki confirmed.

= = = = = =

Ranko stopped suddenly, causing Ryoga to bump into
her slightly. Ranko looked arouns and creapt along the
wooden path leading the way to the dojo.

"What is it Ranko?" Ryoga asked with a hushed voice,
it was obvious to him that something was going on.

"I don’t know. But tht dojo seems funny." Ranko slid
open the door and peered in. The darkness blotted out the
sun slowly and Ranko looked to it. "I don’t like this."

Ryoga reflexively looked in the direction of her eyes ".
. ."

= = = = = =

Misato stood up and walked to the Dojo. She looked to
the other enterance to see Ranko. With that she walked to
her and Ryoga. She smiled softly at the two "Hi."

They bothe nodded to her "Hi"

"Look Misato, I think some thing is going on here."
Ranko stated looking at the dojo. It seemed different none
of the usual patches were there. ~Maybe its just me.~ She
reasoned and walked into it. "Whoa." Ranko gasped. "Did
anyone feel that chi wave?"

Misato nodded "Sure did."

There was a rumble of foot steps and immerging from
the house Ranma, Akane and Shampoowent to the dojo.

"I’m positive the wave came from in here." Ranma
said with a slight push of his lungs. They all filed into the
dojo as Ukyo and Nabiki came to the door with masks of
curiosity. Even Genma, Soun and Kasume followed the
noise of feet with in a minute or two.

Akane wheeled around Ranma’s side and looked to the
others "Did anyone see anything strange?"

"You mean besides the clouds." Ukyo gestered to the
ceiling.

"Other than that."

"Not really." Ranko said taking her place beside
Kasumi.

There was a thump on the rear wall of the dojo. All in
the dojo looked caustiosly ver to the wall. Another loud
thump cascaded through the hall . Ranma was first to exit
the side door and peer around the corner.

"Kuno!?" Ranma said in exhasperation. A rain began
pouring from the darken clouds as Kuno slumped against
the wall and with aswing of his boken caused a thump on
the side of the dojo again. He was covered in blood. Lines
of aweat beaded theough the stains left on his face. His
eyes looked perplexed looking to the sky as it released a
shower to cleanse him. He chuckled darkly at the irony.

Ranma dragged him into the Dojo. With looks of
shock at the site, Kasumi ran out to come back with towels
a moment later. "What happened Ranma?" Akane wheeled
over to the two as Ranma placed a seemingly exhauted
Kuno onto the towels. Soun, and Genma shrugged and
crept back into the house with Kasumi.

"I dunno what happened he was like this when I got
there."

Kuno looked to the others in the room and coughed.

"Kuno what did this to you?" Ranma looked at the
kendoist.

"It. . . Was Horrible." Kuno gasped out. "This. . .
Thing. . . Came and attacked me."

"What thing?" Shampoo leaned over the boy.

"Came from my mirror."

= = = = = =

Kuno looked up to see his sisters arm fall from its joint
as the world became clear. With a cry of disgust he rolled
away and looked to his sisters bloody body hanging from
the ceiling. Two bokens thrust into her chest held her up.

With shakey hands he pulled one of the blood soaked
boken from the wall and ran. ~Run! Run you fool. . . Away
from this foul place of hell!~ His thoughts hammered his
conciousness.

~Where? Where do I run.~ His eyes spotted something
familiar. ~Of course, the Tando dojo~ his arms reached out
as he lept te wall ~Kya!~ releasing a chi blast to help his
flight.

= = = = = =

"And that’s what I remember." Kuno slumped again
resting his head on the towel.

"Kuno, I think you should take a shower. . . " Ranko
said quietly shying out the door.

"She’s right Kuno-baby." Nabiki walked out with
Ukyo.

"Come on. I’ll help ya.’ Ranma picked up Kuno and
walked to the house.

Ryoga looked to Akane and shrugged. Akane and
Shampoo sighed in a slight relief before heading into the
house. Ryoga reluctantly followed knowing he would get
lost other wise. Misato stayed behind and mopped up the
floor with the left over towel before beginnign her practice
session.

= = = = = =

Ryoga sat in the living room with Ranko and watched
tv. She laughed softly bringing his attention to her and he
shook his head. Kuno stepped from the stairs with an air of
confidence again. Ryoga growled low as the kendoist
loudly walked over to Ranko.

"Ah my pigtailed godess!" ^Punt^ Kuno went flying
into the wall with a foot print on his face.

Ryoga looked to Ranko sitting as she was before. Not a
hair out of place ~She must have practiced. . .~

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 17

Surprises

Kuno meticulously cleaned the blood stained bokken.
Close to the middle of the night the light of the small desk
lamp guiding his hands over the wooden blade. Each stroke
brought a small shiver from his spine. His sister must have
stepped in at the wrong time to save him and in the process
sacrificing herself, unwitted as it was.

A noise creaked from above. The moister of the air
caused the boards to become swollen and such made them
squeak with pressure. Kuno looked up with a knowing
look. It was Akane in her chair. It had an unyielding
rhythm. Slowly it stopped and he heard the door close once
again. ~Back to sleep my lioness.~ Kuno thought to
himself.

= = = = = =

Ranma awoke the next morning with the smell of fresh
okinomiyaki, and rice. His mouth watered as he got up. His
shirt and pants were put on with practiced ease as his mind
wen over the flavor of breakfast Okinomiyaki. ~Hmm
wonder why pops didn’t wake me up this morning for
practice?~

With a shrug he went to the living room where
Shampoo and Akane were sampling the already cooked
portions of breakfast. Ukyo was heard talking to Kasumi.

"That’s how you cook it without burning." A muffled
voice floated into the living room.

An "Oh." Followed soon after. Kasumi walked into the
living room and smiled to the young Soatome. "What
would you like on your Okinomiyaki?"

"How about chicken." Ranma’s stomach growled
slightly and Kasumi giggled.

"Isn’t your father coming for breakfast?" Kasumi
asked as an after thought.

"I dunno know where he is."

"Oh I hope he won’t miss out on Ukyo’s fine cooking."
Kasumi said slightly worried but in her usually chipper
morning self.

Ranma looked to the door as Misato thrust it open. Her
face was pale and her hair was wet from the rain. It was
raining pretty hard outside. "Come!" Her word was
commanding in its breathlessness and urgency.

Ranma forgot about breakfast and leapt out the door
following Misato. They turned the corner of the house and
he stopped dead in his tracks. The mud soaked ground gave
way and he slipped face first into the ground. His face lost
the color from the run and his eyes glazed in an unfocusing
fashion.

Shampoo’s voice broke his shock and grabbed for her
legs as she came by. Desperately trying to stop her from
seeing. But it was too late. "Perfume! No. . ." Shampoo
began a sob that broke into tears. Ranma hugged her as the
Amazon cried.

Akane skidded to a halt next to them her cast really
annoying her now. She looked at the small area behind her
house and gasped. Her heart cried out in pain as she tuned
the chair and blocked her sisters from getting within five
feet of the corner to see. "Stop. Please."

Kasumi stopped and gave her sister a look of worry
and saw the sullen face and gave out "oh my."

Nabiki on the other hand studied the scene before her.
Akane blocking our way. Shampoo Crying in Ranma’s
arms. ~Something bad has happened. Really bad~ With her
thoughts checked she guided Kasumi back into the house
and waited.

= = = = = =

Ranma looked to the scene again. His eyes flittered to
one lump to another. He could make out Perfume. She was
slumped in the corner of the wall. Her eyes gazing at the
house in a terrified manor. He winced at the sight of that
intense last emotion. It would not have looked bad if her
torso were not facing the wall giving her neck an unnatural
turn.

The two lumps on the floor were the scariest to fathom.
One was in a red splattered white gi and the other in a dark
blackish gray gi. Their belts unceremoniously swathed in
mud. The lightning cracked and the panda’s eyes glistened
from the shadow. He suppressed his own sob. The other
was obviously Soun. Breath seemed a harsh reality right
now.

~A demon did this. A demon.~ Ranma’s mind recalled
the story that Kuno spoke last night.

= = = = = =

Nabiki looked to the door as Ranma and Misato
entered With Shampoo and Akane behind them. Ranma’s
eyes seemed lost. Akane’s seems like she saw a ghost. And
Shampoo’s those were behind her shut eyes. Blocking out
the obvious pain.

Ranko led Ryoga into the living room and sat next to
Nabiki at the table. Misato sat tiredly and Ranma sat almost
mechanically. Kuno sometime during the hour and a half
that Ranma was outside came from the guest room and sat
with the others. Kasumi looked to the wet group.

"Soun, Pop, and Perfume." Ranma began and took a
breath "They’re dead."

Nabiki visibly shrank back and grateful that Ukyo was
there to catch her. Ranko sobbed and laid her head on the
table and Ryoga gently rubbed her shoulders. Kasumi
looked to the stain in the wood of the table and wept
silently. Ranma looked like he wanted to run as did Misato.
Akane looked to Ranma and then Shampoo.

= = = = = =

Ranma was in his room staring out the window. The
day’s events all colliding into one another. Each making
him a bit queasy. He could not believe what he saw. ~How
did pop and Mr. Tendo get outside anyway.~ His eyes
closed one then twice. A heavy breath left his lungs.

There was a knock at the door. His mind slowly picked
up the sound and gave a "Come in." in response.

"Ranma.." Akane wheeled herself into the room. "I. . ."
Ranma turned at her hesitation.

"What is it?" His words were of concern.

"I need to go to Dr. Tofu’s to get this cast off." Akane
said "And I know I don’t want to go alone so. . ."

Ranma smiled inwardly and nodded "Alright Akane,
I’ll take you."

Akane sighed softly.

= = = = = =

Nabiki was surprised to see Akane being pushed out of
the house by Ranma. They had gotten a call from Dr. Tofu
that the cast should be ready to be taken off. ~Thank gods
for that livening up.~ Nabiki thought to herself and sighed.
~Where is Nodoka?~ She began to ask herself when she
actually saw the woman and shook her head. She hadn’t
yet. She pulled off the edge of the bed and walked to the
living room where Misato was sitting.

"Misato."

"Yes Nabiki?"

"Can we talk for a bit?"

Misato looked to the girl and felt a little scared. "Uh
sure."

"Now. To start off with where exactly is Nodoka?"

"Right now she is at the Soatome residence picking up
a few things for dinner. She left early this morning."

Nabiki nodded "So when should she be back?"

"Anytime now."

Nabiki nodded again thought "Where was she last
night?"

Misato thought a moment. ~Gotcha!~ Nabiki smiled to
herself for the small victory.

"She was at home, preparing the house for Ranma’s
arrival."

Nabiki slowly nodded. Made sense. Kuno passed the
open door of the living room to the pond. He turned slightly
to the girls and bowed. ~Always a samurai eh Kuno?~

= = = = = =

Ranma slowly pushed Akane along the sidewalk.
Akane looked ahead and smiled softly at the ride. ~This
was certainly fun.~ Akane thought to herself ~Like being in
a taxi.~ Something was out of place though. Outside the
perimeter of the house the sun shone brightly.

That was nothing too unusual. The funny thing was
with this much sun, the park was empty. In the middle of a
summer day like this. Summer? It sure felt like summer.
The leaves of the trees looked as though fall was settling in.
Funny indeed. Their trip to the clinic was eerily without a
single person. Not even the old lady cleaning the street was
out.

They walked into the dojo and called out "Dr. Tofu?
We’re here!"

= = = = = =

The demon followed them from the house. It’s red
vision keeping them just within sight. They were oblivious
to his presence he knew. He smiled wickedly. Watching his
prey was certainly one of the benefits of his plans. Catch
them off guard. Last night was terribly messy. Those two
shogi playing fools.

It was close to eleven when he caught sight of the
young amazon. She was lovely and a good fighter with
those.. those.. things. Those two should have gone to bed
earlier. She screamed, he loved to here them scream. It was
another perk to his profession. But that caught the attention
of the two on the porch. ~Pesky meddlers!~ His thoughts
clouded.

Good thing the others were *inside* the house. If he
didn’t use his powers to make the storm cover the noises of
the fight from the ones inside he would have surely gotten
more company. Especially that sword wielding idiot. If that
sword was what he thought it was, he could be in trouble.
But if he timed his strike right, he wouldn’t have t worry
about it much longer. He chuckled softly.

= = = = = =

Akane smiled as Tofu came to look at her and guided
her to the back room with the medical equipment. "Well
Akane lets take the cast off and look at what we have."
Tofu said bringing out what looked like a small saw and
plugged it into the wall.

Akane nodded. "I can’t wait to get it off. It itches like
crazy!"

Tofu chuckled and began to saw the cast . Twenty
minutes later he smiled and took the cast off. "Hmm looks
like it’ll be fine in two days. But for now its healed enough
to lust bandage and crutch it." Tofu scooted the chair over
to the small desk and picked out a few things before
returning to Akane.

= = = = = =

The Demon landed on the perimeter wall of the dojo.
His eyes scanned the dark recesses of the area. The redness
of his vision left as he jumped down into the yard and
walked into the house.

= = = = = =

"Hello."

Nabiki spun around at the sound of a new voice from
the kitchen. "Nodoka?"

The woman smiled and sat near Nabiki. Her hair was a
dark red and her features reminded her of Ranma-chan.
Nabiki gave her a fixed smile and nodded as she sat. "Its
good to meet you."

"I trust that you are Nabiki?" Nodoka smiled to her,
rather like Kasumi’s smile.

"Yes. How did?"

"I know?" Nabiki nodded slowly. "It was simple.
Kasumi told me that Akane went to the clinic to take care
of her leg. Did something happen to her?"

"Well you can say that."

Nodoka’s smile lifted slightly as Misato and Shampoo
went into the dojo. "Its good to see your children making
new friends."

Nabiki nodded studying the woman. A look of
confusion fell over her face as Nodoka looked to the hall
entrance. Nabiki looked to and saw Ryoga being led by
Ranko into the living room. "Now I know you can get lost
sometimes but not finding your way to the bathroom is a
little much, don’t you think?" Ranko’s voice chided Ryoga.

"Who?"

"This is Ranko, Ranma’s twin sort to speak." Nabiki
smiled.

Nodoka looked ready to feint and promptly did so.
With the help of Ryoga Ranko carried her to the small extra
room where she was staying with Misato. Covering her
gently Ranko pushed Ryoga outside. "Let her rest, this has
got to be one of the weirdest things in her life other than the
fact that her son was me and yet not." Ryoga nodded. They
took deep breaths before heading downstairs again.

= = = = = =

Akane walked into the front door "We’re home!" she
called out. Ranma helped with her shoes and guided her to
the living room where Ranko , Ryoga, and Nabiki sat.

"Hey, What’s going on?" Ranma asked to the group as
he sat Akane down.

"Nothing too much Soatome, other than the fact that
your mother feinted when she saw Ranko" Nabiki said.
"You know there are a lot of things happening around
here."

"First the storm cloud, then Kuno, then. . ." Ranma
trailed off and nodded to the others.

"I think something is up but I do not know what it is."
Ranko gave her two cents in.

"Did you talk to Dr. Tofu on what Perfume spoke to
him about?" Nabiki looked to Ranma and Akane.

"Well he said he didn’t have the answers we were
looking for, even after his research session." Akane said
tilting her head. Nabiki nodded and took this information
in.

A constant question on her mind ~Who or what is this
killer?~

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 18

Unmasking

The demon climbed out of the window and slid over to
the wall. The presence was fogged over with a mere
thought and with that he listened. He saw the couple enter
the house with a grin. These two were intriguing indeed.
With a soft smile of appreciation the demon in black
wandered through the yard and landed upon the tiled wall
near the dojo. He looked in slowly.

= = = = = =

Misato stood looking towards Shampoo on the other
side. Their respectable weapons placed along the wall and
in their hands shinais. Bamboo swords to keep safety a
feature in their upcoming spar. Misato leapt first raising the sword
above her head in a wide arc. Shampoo set in her
stance lifted her sword up and met the over hand strike. A
loud crack echoed in the dojo and Shampoo spun.

With light steps Shampoo pulled away and struck with
a single handle slice at the side of Misato. Misato with a
small calculated motion stopped the blade with her own
and jabbed straight into the torso of Shampoo. Shampoo
skipped to one side and slipped around Misato and her
sword made an arc towards the girl’s shoulder and neck.

Misato brought up her arm and with it the sturdy
bamboo blade that blocked the strike as she rolled away.
She smiled. "You’re good."

"You no half bad either." They breathed. This was
their fifth encounter and again none had the opportunity to
mar the others suit with chalk.

= = = = = =

The Demon watched as they cascaded blow after blow.
The bamboo striking bamboo making a small rhythm. With
a grin he spied the weaponry along the walls. His chance
was near. And the vast array of weapons could be used in
many different ways of torture. He was a demon after all.
He knew all ways of getting the best feedback.

His eyes watched the amazon as she flipped over the
blade of the other girl’s. She was beautiful. Her hair and
style reminded him of the other girl. Her blood may taste as
sweet or sweeter from his blade. He liked the beautiful
ones. They screamed so elegantly when they had to.

~Soon.~ he thought to himself ~Soon will be the right time
for the attack.~

= = = = = =

Ranma looked to the piece of pare handed to him by
Nabiki. It was a ledger of witch his name came up often.
Although he could not fathom what it meant. "What’s
this?"

Nabiki bit back a retort and pointed to the paper and
the different columns. "These are the dates and times you
went with Shampoo and Akane to school." They were
marked with a asterisk and a pound sign. "These are with
Akane only" They had asterisks, that led to the conclusion
that the pound sign was for Shampoo.

"So what’s this about."

"Well, since you were only here it seems for the first
semester you spent a lot of time with the both of them and
little separate."

"Ya so?"

"I just thought you should know considering the
arrangement and all." Nabiki pulled the ledger back before
Ranma got the change to see the other side. "To keep the
appearances up if Kasumi to ever figure out we have
different memories."

"Gotcha." His eyes went down a moment then took a
breath.

= = = = = =

The demon bided his time by looking into the living
room from time to time. It was a sight that he had to get use
to. A family unit of sorts. It’s been so long since he got the
chance to mingle with others. His interest peaked as the
ledge was handed to the boy. ~Hmm, I think they are
getting that something is definitely different from the world
they knew.~

~No matter.~ His eyes went back to the dojo and the
two girls.

= = = = = =

Misato cried out in frustration and tagged Shampoo in
the shoulder with a thrust. She smiled "Gotcha!"

Shampoo defiantly looked at herself and sure enough
there was a spot of chalk on her sleeve and she chuckled.
"Very close." She chided herself more than acknowledged
"Not winning strike though." She made a quick jab that
caught Misato off guard and it his her left breast.

Misato made a face at the move and the discomfort of
being hit where she did. "I understand." She bowed "good
match."

"Yes you fight good." Shampoo admitted and bowed
slightly back.

They both sighed and walked to where their towels
were hung and patted their faces.

= = = = = =

~Now!~ The shadows peered through the entrance as
he ran to the girls his sword barred and with a thrust he
caught them off guard.

Shampoo screamed loudly as she felt the blade enter
her back and saw the blackish tip imbed into the wall. A
second later the blade left and as it began another decent
into her flesh she felt the blade be knocked to the side the
sound on wood on metal loud in he ears. Soon Shampoo
was on the floor clutching her aching side. "Gods this
hurt!" Shampoo wailed.

She soon heard and saw the scabbard of Misato’s
family sword fall to the floor and Misato charged. A clean
sweep across the chest of the black demon. It clutched the
new cut and cried out. The sound of a sounded animal came
from behind the mask and echoed from the metallic mask.
Its eyes shone red with hatred.

The clanking of swords ensued as the demon
pressed its attack on the young girl with ferocity known
only to the demons. Its unrelenting assault not for the
briefest moment paused for thought. Strike, slash, and
thrust winding in ever harmony.

Misato desperately kept up her blocks and gave out
good counters to the ones that came. The demonic speed
was overwhelming her and she knew it. Shampoo out of the
corner of her eye was standing up. With care.

Shampoo slowly made her way to the wall with the
weapons of martial arts and picked up a sai. Checked its
weight and threw it at the demon. It imbedded into the thy
and another gurgle of pain escaped its maw. Misato leaped
back to catch her breath and nodded her thanks to
Shampoo. "We need the others!" Misato ordered Shampoo
and Shampoo slowly made her way to the door.

= = = = = =

An eerie rise in the storm brought the house into a
silent still. Ranma’s face was covered with a mask of slight
fear as did everyone else at the table. Which were Nabiki,
Akane, and Ryoga.

The rain unfettered as the few in the room felt cursed
to stay in the house forever. Their deaths would not be
heard in among the thunder and lightning. It was strange to
hear such fierce cracks of thunder and bright trails of
lightning that made them blinded any bird in flight.

Such unnatural storms were rumors at best but now,
the rumors were true and they were scared little puppies.
They huddled closer to each other gathering an Ukyo and a
Ranko over the next few minutes. Kasumi joined them a
short time later.

= = = = = =

The rain was an onslaught of painfully huge drops of ice water.
Shampoo was amazed to see that her
transformation helped her healing a bit but it still hurt. Her
fur matted to the bare bones as the cold air pushed against
her small body. Each drop of water crashed into her felt
like another pound of ice being placed onto her back in a
torturous fashion.

The lightning caused her to blink a few times to get rid
of the odd globules of dancing lights before her vision. She
shook her head and pushed onward. The winds cried out
like lost souls in the night. Each giving a low wail of
ungodly proportions.

Her eyes focused to the house. It seemed so far in this
storm as she dragged her self inch by inch. Her wails were
drowned in the fury. She had to make it, It was to help a
friend. Little did she know of Misato but over the last few
days she could see a friendship was quite possible. Now
was one of those moments, where the needs of a friends
boomed in her ear like the raging storm let out a thunder.

Here eyes closed sharply as a lightning bolt seared the
ground. Her gaze came back a few moments later to
confirm that the covered pathway was cut cleanly in two.
She meows like a banshee and tore through the pain in her
back as she struggled onward.

= = = = = =

Misato breathed through clenched teeth. This thing was
good. A master of the weapon he was using. The sight of
the sai imbedded into his skin made her wince. She knew
that hurt a lot and this thing was still coming after her.

Her lip was cut and blood trickled from a cut above her
left eye. Her clothes were torn and shredded around her
form. Last minute dodges. With a long shallow cut into her
shoulder made her a bit slower to react. He on the other
hand was almost untouched. Other than the sai and the
original slice across the chest he seemed fin. Misato could
almost see the near hits as he moved just in time.

The demon was circling her and she was turning, keeping
the thing in front of her at all times. It sounded and looked
pleased by her exhaustion and fear. This made he mad and
she slashed out only to hear the clang of swords and her
balance tipped forward. She growled softly under her
breath. It was playing with her!

= = = = = =

The demon’s eyes looked to his prey with a soft
gentleness. This one was special. He could feel her
presence. It was fun to torture her like he was. Attacking
not to harm but to get the slight look of frustration in her
face. That was what he was going for. At least that was
how he saw it.

Something in the back of his mind caught glimpses of
the steel and his eyes shadowed with a distant memory. But
before he could start it she slashed out and he countered
bringing the back of the blade to smack her off balance.
Was that on purpose. He didn’t seem to know.

Something strange was going on in him. All these
times he was set free and none came so close to harming
him as this one. It was the sword he said to himself. That
sword was his bane. It was the one that made him the way
he was. It was not a good thing to use.

~Use?~ His mind wandered through the maze of
misinformation in his head. ~That is the sward I was
punished with, I never used the thing. . .~

= = = = = =

Misato wavered. ~This fight was taking its sweet time
isn’t it?~ She laughed at the way she must look in her
mind. She tested again and again a swat to the lowerback.
There was going to be a bruise there she knew. For the first
time in this fight she felt a familiarity in the strikes to her
back.

She prodded her ribs and her spine with her off hand
and nodded ~Yup, how did I know where they were
exactly?~

Her eyes went to his face.~ If only I could see past the
mask. Maybe..~ She struggled to focus again ~That won’t
happen till he is dead though.~

= = = = = =

Shampoo finally made it to the door and scratches a
hole in the paper and yowled into the house.

Immediately Ranma and Ranko froze and Akane went
to the door and opened it. "Shampoo!" She gasped as she
saw the matted fur and the blood. That caused her to pale
and looked to the others. "Misato! She’s in the dojo!" She
grabbed her crutch and limped to the dojo Ranma and
Ryoga followed.

Ranma passed Shampoo without looking down,
Shampoo made a mental note to change back and looked to
Ranko cowing back "K-k-Kasumi! G-g-g-et the cat s-s-ome
hot water!"

= = = = = =

Ranma burst through the door to the dojo. His presence
felt by both the competitors. Ranma squared off and
charged the enemy. As he got closer the demon froze. As if
in fear the demon let the boy run up and kick him. His sight
blurred and there he was again smashing his fist into the
hard nose of the mask.

Ranma leapt back. Ryoga stopped in his track to look
at the situation he almost dropped his umbrella. Akane was
frozen at the wall where Ranma had made his entrance.
Apparently she was about to open it.

Ranma made a guttural sound of one that needed
release of his emotions and the hardship of losing a father.
His eyes burned with a red haze of blood coloring his
vision.

The demon stood. Mistake one.

The demon seemed to ignore Ranma. Mistake two.

The demon saw at the last possible moment that
Ranma was on top of him. Mistake three.

Ranma tore at the helm puncturing his hand as he
clipped the rough edges "AHHHGGHH!!" Ranma voice
filled the dojo as he wrenched at the mask. Pulling and
pushing the metallic black disfigurement of steel.

Ranko, Kasumi and an Umbrella wielding Shampoo
ran to the dojo followed by Ukyo and Nabiki. They
watched in shock and awe as they saw the haze of Ranma’s
chi as he violently tried to take the helm off. It almost
looked like he was going to pull its head straight off when
Ranma’s hand flew back.

A loud thuck resonated through the hall as Kuno’s
visage appeared. ~Kuno!~ Ranma leapt back and set
himself in a stance. Kuno got up and took off his garb. A
darkness peered through his eyes, but they weren’t his eyes.

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 19

Truths. . .

Kuno stood looking at Ranma. His eyes shifting in
focus of the others. Ranma seethed within himself. Kuno
locked his gaze upon Ranma and a twitch a familiarity
flowed from his face as he charged. Ranma Set him self
and jumped over the arcing blade and planted his foot in
the back of Kuno’s head. Kuno spun as Ranma leapt into a
flying side kick. Kuno sidestepped, a shadow being
stepping the other way and slicing the air where Ranma
was. Gasps were heard as Misato charged the shadow and
was blocked by Kuno.

Ranma looked to the two attackers. One was Kuno and
the other. The other was what made them gasp. It was him.
Well with brown hair, but his features were clearly made
out. In his hands was not a Katana, but chi burning in an
arc. Ranma looked confused as Kuno fell to the ground and
Kami-Ranma looked to them all.

Misato looked to him with an air of recognition.
"Takeru?"

The room became quiet. The Kami-Ranma nodded and
solidified "No one has called me that for ages." His voice
lost its echo as he spoke. "Especially by you, Kyoko."

"Kyoko?" Ranma looked to Misato.

Misato looked down. "Its me. . . I’m so sorry." Her
visage blurred and what was standing there was Kyoko. "I
had to blend in. . ."

"But why me?"

"I don’t know."

Takeru looked to the two and sniffed "Weak. I thought
this would be a challenge." Takeru grabbed his head.

= = = = = =

Memories in his head. Takeru remembered tidbits of
his past and such pain was involved in many of those
memories now. He needed to get out he needed to let his
thoughts out into the world. But he could not. Not yet while
these people are alive, his hope was dwindles when Kyoko
made him out. ~She’s such an idiot, she should have left
me alone.~

= = = = = =

Kyoko watched as Takeru swam in memories. Hers
were no better. Life was not as it should have been, she
knew. Something happened although she could not
remember. All these worlds being zapped from one and
into another. Deaths, all things that made her journey more
difficult.

= = = = = =

"Stop it Kyoko!" Takeru yelled. Kyoko Flinched at the
harshness of the command.

"Stop what?" Kyoko saw the darkness in his eyes
flicker.

"I haven’t done anything to you!"

"Make them go away!" Takeru clenched his fists. "I
don’t know how you brought them, but make the memories
go away!"

"What?" Kyoko was confused and with in a blink of an
eye raises her katana to meet the chi blade of Takeru.
"Hya!" Kyoko pushed him off. Only for him to charge at
her.

His first attack was a slice to the midsection that was
clear as the fight began its course the speed of with each
strike was increased. Made most of the people dizzy. All
but Ranma. Ranma looked curiously at the attacks.

Kyoko and Takeru seemed to know each other’s moves
and with that counters were made without any hesitation.
Ranma stepped back in awe of the events. Then with a
catalistic blow Kyoko was thrown back. The dark energies
in Takeru forming a blaze of shadow around him.

They charged for each other and each time the arc of chi
caused the others in the room to blink. Brighter and
brighter each exchange brought forth a louder klang of
metal and chi. It sounded like a squeal of electrical wire
sparking to life with each pass and a pop when they
connected.

Kyoko watched Takeru vault and she vaulted at him
meeting him roughly in the middle of the dojo in passing.
Almost as if trained to do so. She picked herself up and
turned. Takeru seemed pissed.

She shook her head and looked up in surprise. Takeru
saw an opening ant took it. Her eyes locked his as Takeru
was coming down upon her. Without a moments hesitation
She thrust her katana, closing her eyes, at Takeru.

She felt it bite flesh and sighed. And then as more weight
was applied she opened her eyes in shock. ~RANMA!~
Ranma was between them. A chi blade and the Katana
blade skewering his ribs. His vain attempt to stop the fight.
Kyoko looked down and saw that the chi blade severed her
heart at the moment she realized she knew she was dead.

= = = = = =

Ranma saw the blade thrust from his ribs and into
Takeru’s heart. With a cry of pain he gritted his teeth. This
was not suppose to happen. This was not. . . His time
slowed down. As the events froze around him. Great pain
seared through his wounds as he cried out again.

Tendrils of chi burst from his body. Sending arcs into
the still air. One hit Kasumi and she was gone. ~No!~

The tendrils mercilessly rampaged through the dojo.
~Nabiki!~ A path of destruction blanketed the wood floors
of the dojo. ~Shampoo!~ Each one was getting caught in
the electric current then disappearing.

~Ryoga Move!~ It was futile. The tendrils got him too.
Slowly the dojo was being torn apart by his chi. ~No!
NO!~

~Ranko!~ She was hit. This was a nightmare. His
friends his family. Soon the sky was visible through the
many holes in the roof. The rain was frozen as the rest of
the house. Takeru was hit, then Kyoko. ~Ukyo!~ His eyes
flutters from one thing to another.

His eyes widened as one of the tendrils made a path to.
. ~AKANE!! NO!~ Then as his friends were gone he
choked on his despair as the chi took him last. Blackness.

= = = = = =

Ranma snapped his eyes open. ~What the!~ Hie was
immersed in water. ~Water!~ His eyes burned as they saw
the light pouring from above. ~air!~ Bubbles came from
his nose. He struggled with the water. Trying desperately to
pull himself to the surface. It seemed impossible but he
kept trying. He was trying to will himself to the surface as
much as his hands were flailing about.

He kicked as hard as he could trying desperately to get
to the surface. His lung began to burn. It was like torture.
Slowly he made his way up. Slowly.

He felt it. The edge of the water. His hands wildly
reached out into the air. And with a splash he pushed his
head into the air and took a deep breath. Gagging softly he
pulled himself out. He places a hand on his chest to will his
heart to stop fluttering. It felt weird.

He looked to himself and saw breasts. With a quick
look around he laughed. Jusenkyo. Dripping he stood up
and looked around. It was heavily coated with fog but the
poles and springs were unmistakable. His vision slowly
blurred and he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand.
When it got worse he rubbed them with his palms. The
blurring got worse and he blinked furiously. Staggering he
felt the gravity of the world lift and his sight blared an
undying whiteness.

= = = = = =

"Doctor!" The nurse called out. "He’s fibrillating!"

"Get the crash cart!" The doctor came up to the patient
on the gurney.

From behind him another nurse pulls up a wheeled cart
and hand him the paddles. "Let’s start with 30 joules." The
doctor said as he rubbed the paddles with the gel. "Clear!"
He places the paddles on the boy’s chest.

With a spike on the EKG the boy’s body jumped. The
doctor watches the line as it beeped once. With a sigh it
beeped twice. And with time the beeps came steadily.
"Good work people." The Doctor turned to the door. "Now
lets inform the family." With a smile one of the nurses went
with him.

= = = = = =

A man looked up to the doctor as he approached. The
doctor smiles reassuringly and nodded to the others in the
room. The man looked as if he had been crying most of his
life as the doctor cleared his throat a hush came over the
waiting room. "He’ll be ok." The smiles in the room made
his relief that much better. "I think he’ll be up and about in
a few days. Let him rest." The doctor turned but something
was on his mind and he turned back to them. His gaze fell
onto a shorthaired girl with a gi "What exactly happened to
all of you?"

The girl looked up to him with a soft-belaying smile
"You wouldn’t believe us if we told you."

= = = = = =

Ranma opened his eyes. He felt sick and his head hurt,
A LOT. Blinking a few times he looked to his arm and
flexed his hand. "Hey that shouldn’t be there." His other
hand tried to flick the IV in his arm and saw it too had
things going into it. His confusion reigned until his eyes
began to focus on the things around him. He was in a
hospital. ~How?~

He tried sitting up and was remembered by the sharp
tugging pain in his arm that it was a bad idea. ~How long
was I in here?~ The lights were on but he felt too tired to
do anything. His eyelids closed again. Sleep slowly took
him consciousness and he fell into sleep. A dreamless
sleep.

= = = = = =

Akane had stayed at the hospital. Shampoo had wanted
to stay but she was insistent to be alone. It had been two
days since the trip and they did not know what would
happen. All that has happened seemed like a dream. She
looked to the clock 10:34. After a look to the calendar, it
was December. A year, a year had gone by since the
explosion, for her it felt like a lifetime. The number and the
name of the year told her that was true.

She looked up as the nurse came by with a smile. "He
has awakened miss."

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 20

Not A Dream.

Ranma slowly opened his eyes again, this time his
head wasn’t hurting as much and he felt a little better. He
looked to his arm and noted with a slight irritation that the
IV was still there but his right hand was free of its bindings.
He noticed someone leave and blinked slightly puzzled. He
wanted to know what he was doing here and what
happened.

He shook his head and laid back softly counting the
holes in the ceiling. The door opened.

"Akane!" His heart skipped a beat and smiled to her.
She ran to him and they shared a hug.

"Oh Ranma. . ."

"I thought I lost you. . ."

"We thought we lost you." Akane smiled softly. "You
saved us."

"I did? It wasn’t a dream?"

Akane shook her head "No, it wasn’t a dream. We all
felt it, we all remember."

Ranma closed his eyes and nodded. Akane fingered his
chest and he winced "Ow, that hurts!"

"See?" Akane said "It was no dream."

With a nod Ranma looked to her "How did I get here?"

"Tofu brought you here after Kasumi found us in the
dojo."

With that Akane stood up and straightened out her gi.
"how long do I gotta stay here?"

"A couple days, they want to give you some tests,
make sure you are alright."

"Akane?"

"Yes, Ranma?"

"I know I have to stay here, and. . ."

"You don’t want to be alone?" Akane looked to him
with a smile.

Ranma nodded and smiled before sitting up and giving
her a gently kiss. Nothing too extravagant just a peck. But
it was enough.

= = = = = =

Ranma and Akane walked home in near silence. The
doctor told them that he was able to go home after his first
night after he awoke. They stopped at the last corner
looking to the dojo. The sun gleamed off the windows and
the sky was clear. There was an odd feeling of worry in
their stomachs. Worry that this serenity was going to be
covered by a new layer of black clouds. None came and
they sighed relieved for the moment.

The two looked at each other and smiled almost a
fraction of a smile before running to the dojo.

Ranma vaulted over the gate and landed near the door.
"Ha!" He spun around to see Akane run up behind him. "I
won!"

Akane made a sour face and stepped back quickly as a
bucket crashed between them. A grumbling Ranma-chan
turned to see a scared looking Panda. "Pop! Whatya do that
for!"

The panda growfed and held up a sign "Son!" and
grabbed her in a big bear hug.

"Pop, you’re squishing me!"

Akane giggles softly before gasping. "Ranma!"
"Yeah?" Ranma-chan squirmed from her father’s
grasp. "What. . ." Her voice caught in her throat. Silence
chilled the air. Then Ranma ran into the house and cruised
into the bathroom.

His eyes screwed shut and his face hung low. He dares
not look, not yet. A moment passed.

= = = = = =

Akane sat near the door, with careful movement she
opened the door. Her eyes saw a similar scene from before.
Ranma standing before the mirror. This time her eyes were
shut and her hair hung over her face.

The moment passed and the red head looked to the
mirror. With almost a sigh the girl in the mirror seemed to
relax. Not giving into the sensation of being a girl, but glad
to be in one piece again.

Akane smiled to herself and turned from the door. Her
thoughts of the past wavering with the new feeling she had
grown in that time. She shook her head and went into the
living room.

= = = = = =

Ranma went sat at the dinner table. The room seemed
rather quiet. His father chowing down next to him didn’t
bother his plate. This was strange to say the least. Soun,
and his father were alive and well. Akane and her sisters
were ok too. By the look of Ryoga sitting at her side, he
was normal.

Ranma looked a bit closer at Ryoga, he seemed a bit
saddened. Ranma shrugged and thought about talking to the
guy later. Ranma let himself smile a genuine smile. He
liked this place. It was home.

= = = = = =

Evening came. Ranma was on the roof with a now
human Ryoga. Ryoga looked to Ranma steam still rising
from his head.

"I don’t know how to say this but. . ." Ryoga began.
"Thanks."

Ranma looked puzzled "What for?"

"I don’t know." Ryoga rubbed the back of his head.
"What we did, it feels like a dream but real at the same time
and you helped us all."

"I know what you mean, I just wonder where it began.
I mean it says it’s been a year to the month since the
explosion from Tokyo." Ranma looked to the stars. "But it
feels like its been longer, I know I was asleep for most of it,
but . . ."

"Well, it was close to a year when we had the chance
to find you’re girl half."

"That’s the funny part, I kinda remember that as well."
Ranma looked to the lost boy.

"I was thinking of that blast." Ryoga looked to the roof
as if thinking of the right words. "I first thought it was
Gamei who did it but now that I look at it and the many
things that we went through. I am sure it was the Ancient
mirror."

"Wha?"

"When he hit me, I was near an antique shop looking
for a gift for Akane, I was looking at this mirror when the
explosion happened."

"That explains all the weird stuff from the mirrors."

Ryoga nodded seeing that Ranma caught that as well.
"Yeah."

Ranma sighed and chuckled.

"What’s so funny, Ranma?"

"We are, Ryoga, not too long ago you wouldn’t talk to
me like this."

Ryoga had to admit that was true. They were
constantly fighting and roughhousing. It was a first real
conversation they had, like friends. Ryoga gave an inward
chuckle and leapt off the rooftop. "See you later Ranma."

Ranma watches as the boy ran from the dojo. Ranma
shrugged and jumped down himself and went to bed.

= = = = = =

Akane closed her door and looked to her room. It
seemed a lot bigger without Shampoo’s bed in it. With a
shrug she changed into her pajamas and climbed into bed.
With a sigh she got up and flicked her light off. She then
again climbed into bed.

Sleep gently began to take her as a tapping at her
window caused her to open her eyes. She begrudgingly
went to the window and opened it. "Ranma if you-" She
blinked as she saw who it was "Shampoo?"

"Hi Akane, sorry to interrupt sleeping but it feel funny
being in room all by self." Shampoo climbed in and waved
her hand through the air where her bed was. "Not here, I
sleep on floor, then."

"No need, we slept in the same bed before, doesn’t
mean we can’t again." Shampoo nodded.

"Thanks Akane." Shampoo smiled softly and took off
her shirt and replaced it with a nightshirt before climbing
into bed. "good night."

Akane climbed in after her "Good night, Shampoo"

= = = = = =

The next morning a shout rang out in Ranma’s room "Get
up!" Genma’s voice roared through the house, a morning
ritual of sorts.

Ranma sprang from the futon as a bucket of water
splashed across it. "Hey, what’s the big idea?"

"Get up boy!" Genma fixed his glasses and stepped
forward. "Did you know that you let Akane wake up before
you!?"

"What are you talking about, pop?"

Genma pointed to the window "Look for yourself."

With a grumble he walked to the window and sure
enough Akane was out in the yard along side Shampoo in
the middle of a pattern. He shook his head and yawned.
"What’s the big deal anyway?" His head.

Genma had taken this time to close the gap between
them. With a fluid motion Genma picked up the
unsuspecting Ranma and chucked him from the window.
"Get out there and train!"

"Ahhhh!" Ranma found himself hurdling towards the
yard. With inevitable aim he landed in the koi pond. "Urk!"
She sloshed herself out of the water and noticed Akane and
Shampoo heading into the dojo.

She saw Ryoga standing in the hall with a look of
relief. Ranma sighed to herself and walked into the dojo.
She came to a stop as she saw Akane and Shampoo talking
to someone. She looked familiar and walked over.

She couldn’t quite place her until she was next to
Ryoga. "Perfume." Ranma smiled friendly. "Hello Ranma.
Cousin Shampoo, Grand-mother say I stay for little while
and help in Nekohanten."

Shampoo nodded pertly and turned "Ok Perfume,
Akane we practice now."

Ranma then placed why it was hard for her to pinpoint
Perfume, her hair was almost as short as Akane’s, and
when they last met, she had long hair. And the fact that it
was a few shades lighter was another thing. Ranma turned
to Akane and Shampoo. Their coordinated movements
sailed them through the air and across the dojo floor.
Ranma gaped at the fluidity and the timing of each attack,
each breath exact and rhythmic with each other.

Ranma smiled softly. These two getting along seemed
to be a good thing from this little excursion. With a inward
smile he watched Akane. A flicker of Metal caught his eye.
Akane and Shampoo had thrown something.

Imbedding into the wall two stars shown brightly as the
sun gleamed in from the door. Ranma could have sworn he
only heard one hit. . .

The end of Book 2 . . . .

Chris Schack

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
Why was the fanfic itself posted to RAAF instead of RAAC?

Chris Schack
(posted & e-mailed)

Richard Marshall

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
To answer this, I am sorry to have done what I did. I however did not
know that I posted it to the RAAF until the post was replied to earlier.
It was my mistake in that I posted it to quickly and I must have hit the
RAAF instead of RAAC in my message add book. Again I apologize.

Richard Marshall (DK)

Richard Marshall

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99

Richard Marshall

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99

Richard Marshall

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99

Chris Schack

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
In article <37A9F9B8...@macol.net>,

Richard Marshall <mars...@macol.net> wrote:
>To answer this, I am sorry to have done what I did. I however did not
>know that I posted it to the RAAF until the post was replied to earlier.
>It was my mistake in that I posted it to quickly and I must have hit the
>RAAF instead of RAAC in my message add book. Again I apologize.

These things happen, especially when you're clicking on things. I'd
have to type it wrong, and that's easier to notice. BTW, your message
got sent 4 times. You might want to check with your ISP about that.

Chris Schack