[Ranma/SM][FanFic] Sailor Ranko Just Add Water, Chapter 15

Bill Heineman

Dec 20, 2002, 11:36:11 AM12/20/02
Sailor Ranko - Just Add Water: Chapter 15 Epilogue
The ongoing saga of "Sailor Ranko", set after "Sailor Ranko: Tunnel Vision"

Based on "Sailor Ranko" by Fire and "Twice in a Millennium" by Kevin D.
Hammel and acknowledging "Black Moon - Eclipse of the Sun" by Arthur Hansen
By Bill Heineman

I don't own these characters. Please don't sue me, kill me or make wear a
chicken suit in front of "El Pollo Loco".

Nodoka and Kasumi didn't say much to each other during the train ride from
Juuban. Both girls were deep in thought at the betrayal and cowardice that
their men had shown in Ranma and Akane's hour of need.

Kasumi didn't show any of her true emotions. She kept her smile but deep
down inside, she was ashamed of her father. While Ranma and Akane were
risking their lives, Soun spent his time hiding in a bush. She grew up with
respect for her father and had put up with his emotional outbursts. She
chalked it up to his never getting over the loss of his wife. She saw that
her father was a coward. Kasumi didn't know where her father was right now.
He was probably at a bar with Mr. Saotome. She felt let down. She hoped her
father would be more courageous in time. She just didn't know how much more
time he would need.

Nodoka was furious at her husband. Their son was fighting for love and
justice and all Genma could think about was a cure for his curse. She
reflected on all the lies and deceit that she had suffered through all those
years and openly questioned in her mind if Genma would ever be redeemed. She
sighed at the hopelessness of her situation. The Saotome family home was
destroyed. It was wiped out by three girls fighting over who would get what
they thought was an engagement ring from Ranma. She giggled at the thought
of so many girls fighting over her son.

Nodoka had to live at the Tendos since she had nowhere else to go. Genma had
a low paying job and all the money was going to the Tendos to pay for living
expenses. They would never be able to save any money to rebuild their home.
She thought about getting a job, but she didn't want to be supporting her
husband. Her husband was supposed to support her.

Nodoka missed her son. He had been missing from her life for so long and the
visits she got were few and far between. She wanted to find a way to be able
to be a bigger influence on her son's life. She needed to talk to Ranma
about how she felt and about what she wanted. Maybe he could offer some sort
of solution. For now, she was content to live with the Tendos. She enjoyed
being their surrogate mother. It gave Kasumi a chance to live her own life
instead of being the mother to her family.

The train stopped. The two women left and began the long walk home. Kasumi
paused at Dr. Tofu's office. She smiled at the building and thought about
the man inside. Nodoka took notice, "You like him?"

Kasumi didn't turn to face Nodoka. She kept her gaze on the building. "Yes,
I like him." Kasumi started to walk home again.

"Has he asked you out?"

Kasumi lost a little of her glow. "No."

"Why not?"

"I don't know. I borrow books from him from time to time and he just doesn't
seem to see me." She stood up straight again. She thought about her future.
Akane was married and living with her husband in Juuban. Nabiki was going to
graduate in two months. She was going to be a free woman. Her job was almost
finished. She needed to plan for her own life. "Maybe I should ask him out."

Nodoka put her arm around Kasumi's shoulder. "Maybe you should."

As the girls walked over the horizon, a brown haired man with fogged up
glasses danced with a skeleton in the front walkway of his office. He had
the misfortune of seeing a beautiful woman outside his practice and it
caused a predictable effect on him. It was sad really.

Ranko and Akane finally got home from the celebration at the ice cream shop.
They plopped on the couch. Ranko wanted to stay female for a while. She was
glad to be able to become female again. She glanced at the clock. It was
pretty late in the evening.

Akane had recovered from the ice cream binge that the two girls came from.
Ranko had set a new speed record in devouring a banana split. Usagi didn't
even come close.

Akane started tidying up the living room and went to the kitchen to empty
the trash. Ranko playfully examined her female body. "Ah, it's good to be
back."

Akane peeked out of the kitchen. "You mean back to being a girl."

Ranko stood up and went to the bedroom. She stood before the mirror. "You
never really appreciate things until they are taken from you." She produced
her henshin stick and admired the craftsmanship. She held it to her face and
gave it a tiny kiss. "Sun Star Power! Make Up!"

Akane gave a sigh and put down the sealed trash bag. She came to the bedroom
just as Ranko finished her transformation. "You're going to wear that thing
out!"

Sailor Sun held her arms to her waist. She just stared at herself in the
mirror. She touched her tiara and felt the warm gold metal along her
forehead. She turned to Akane. "Dear, please transform right now."

Akane stood next to the redhead and pulled her yellow henshin stick from
nothingness. She called out her transformation phrase and spun in the air.
She stood alongside her husband and held Sun's shoulders. Sun gently held
Io's waist and slowly embraced her. Sun placed her head on Io's shoulder. "I
thought I would never be able to do this again."

Io returned the embrace. "We beat him. We beat Happosai and his pet."

Sun closed her eyes and concentrated on a destination. "Sun Beam Transport!"

In a moment the two changed into a beam of light. Io felt her very being was
pulled in every direction and suddenly the feeling was gone as she stood
next to Sun on a desolate landscape. The air felt strange and Io felt a
little nausea since the gravity wasn't normal.

Sailor Sun looked up at the sky holding the hands of her beloved. "I thought
I'd never see this again." Above the girls was the Earth with only one
quarter of it bathed in sunlight. The rest of the Earth was in darkness. Io
realized that they were standing on the moon. Sun let go of one hand and led
Io by the other to the ruins of an ancient structure.

Sun took Io to a stone bench and sat down on it. Io sat beside her and was
stunned by the magnificent columns all around them. The stars above them
were hundreds of times more numerous than from a view on Earth. Io took a
breath and slowly exhaled it. "How am I breathing?"

Sun recalled ancient memories from her past life. In the Crystal Millennium,
everyone knew these things. In the present, only a select few knew about
Senshi magic. "You're a Sailor Senshi now. Your transformation allows you to
exist in space and on any of the planets." She waved her hand to show her
surroundings. "You're just like the rest of us."

Io bent down and picked up some moon dust. She held a small amount in her
hand and blew it away making a small cloud that slowly settled back down.
The motion was much different than on Earth. The dust took its time falling
and didn't scatter since there was no air to move it around. Io didn't
question why she was able to breath. She just enjoyed the moment. "Sun, is
this where you took your mother?"

"I brought her here. I wanted to show her our past."

Io looked at the ruins. "What happened here?"

Sailor Sun gave the story of the fall of the moon kingdom. She talked about
her sacrifice that gave her the right to wear a Sailor uniform. She told Io
of what she knew of Crystal Tokyo. Io was in awe that all of this history
was totally forgotten by the people of Earth.

Sun ended her story. "Well, that's everything I can remember. I still don't
have all my memories. Honestly, I don't really know if I want to remember
everything."

"Why is that?"

"As a girl, I'm Ranko. I have my own life now. Angwyn Weaver was what I used
to be. I'm not her anymore. I don't want her taking over my life. I want to
live my own life with you."

Io saw the love in Sun's eyes that she had for her. Io took Sun's hands. Sun
continued, "I remember that in my past life, I suffered pain and anguish and
lived for revenge. For a long time I led an empty life only to sacrifice
myself at the end." She held Io's hands tight. "I never want to live an
empty lonely life again."

Io promised, "We'll never be lonely. You'll always have me. I'll always have
you."

Sun had a mischievous gleam in her eye. "If you can catch me!" She started
to run but had to adjust to compensate for the lack of gravity. Io started
to follow but bounded off the surface and very high into the sky. Io looked
down and saw Sun sticking her tongue out and mocking her. Io slowly came
back down and the two girls played on the moon's surface for hours.

The two were covered in moon dust and were in desperate need of a bath when
they were done wrestling with each other. Sun held her soul mate and
teleported them again.

Castle Io had not had visitors since the other nine Senshi gathered to
create the henshin stick for their newest member. Io and Sun spent a good
half hour exploring the ancient building made of bright orange yellow
volcanic stone. The surface of the castle was worn and eroded. Io was
concerned the building would collapse at any minute from age. They took a
tour of the surface of the moon Io. They played with the sulfurous dust and
rocks and sat together watching a volcano erupt near the horizon. The two
sat on the roof of the castle and watched Ganymede float by and Jupiter's
storm clouds ever so slowly moved along the surface of the giant planet.
They slept in each other's arms for a few hours. Sun was happy that the
communicators had an alarm clock installed.

The two Senshi reappeared in their apartment. It was seven o'clock in the
morning. Io closed her eyes and refused to let go of Sun. She didn't want
the moment to end. Sun gently touched Io's bluish hair and caressed it
softly. They felt the warmth of their bodies against each other and let
their love flow between them.

There was a knock at the door. Both girls quickly reverted to their normal
forms. Akane was furious that someone would ruin such a beautiful romantic
moment. "Who's visiting us at this hour?"

The two girls went to the front door and Akane opened it. Tatewaki Kuno
stood there with two bouquets of roses, one on each arm. "Ah! Akane Tendo
and the pig-tailed one, I am here to sweep you off your feet!" He thrust out
the roses to Akane and Ranko.

Ranko went rigid. She was furious. "Kuno! When are you going to take the
hint that we are not interested in you in the slightest!" She turned red
with anger.

Akane started to vibrate in fury. She grabbed the flowers meant for her and
slapped Kuno in the face with it. "How dare you bother us at this time of
the morning!"

Tatewaki ignored the facts as usual. "'Tis but a moment to be treasured. To
be in the company of ravishing beauty such as this, I am humbled and will
allow you to be in my presence."

Ranko took a step closer. "You really don't get it do you buster! Akane and
I are not interested. You got that numbskull!"

Kuno took the approach the wrong way. He glomped her. "Oh, my pig tailed
goddess, you have come so that I may date with you." He stood up staring at
the ceiling. He pulled out a fan and opened it while holding Ranko in his
other arm. "We shall mark this day. It will be as glorious as our first date
together. Ah what a glorious day that was."

Ranko didn't want that horrible memory to be brought back in the open. She
almost kissed Kuno on that day in a desperate attempt to take Kuno's magic
sword to break her curse. Ranko regretted the decision to date with this
psychopath. Ranko punched his face. "Let go of me you pervert!" She squirmed
out of his grip.

Kuno rubbed his cheek. "The only pervert is Saotome."

Akane punched Kuno in the other cheek. "Don't call my husband a pervert!"
Akane thought, "Only I can call him that."

Ranko cross her arms and took a defiant stance. "Kuno, go back to Nerima and
leave us alone. There is nothing for you here."

Kuno rubbed his other cheek. "I see that Akane Tendo is still in the grasp
of the sorcerer Ranma Saotome." He held out his hand for Ranko. "Come my
love, he has no power over someone as fiery as you."

Ranko prepared to kick Kuno out the door. She paused and had a terrible
idea. "Oh Kuno, it's too late. I've already fallen in love."

"You can't be under the influence of that dread Saotome. I cannot permit
it." Kuno reached for his bokken and prepared to pull it out.

Ranko batted her eyes to Akane. "Why yes! I am in love with a Saotome." She
reached over and grabbed a startled Akane and kissed her on the lips.

Kuno gasped. "W-w-what?"

They stopped their kiss and looked at Kuno. "We're both Saotomes."

"No!" He pulled out his bokken. "That defiler of women has corrupted your
pure morals! Where is he?"

Ranko kicked Kuno out into the hall. She stood in the doorway of the
apartment. "I'm right here stupid."

Kuno shook his head to clear it out. "I see you there my love. Where is
Ranma Saotome?"

Akane ran back into the apartment. Ranko fought the urge to ki blast Kuno
right there and then. "I'm Ranma Saotome you idiot! How many times do I have
to tell you that!"

"His power over you is great. He made you take his name." Tatewaki stood up
with his bokken ready for action. Ranko had to step back to get out of range
since the hallway was narrow and the doorframe was too close for comfort.

Akane tapped Ranko's shoulder. Ranko took the cup of hot water. She checked
her clothes, yep, red shirt and black pants. "Ok Kuno, I'm going to do this
one more time just for you. Watch carefully and you'll see that I'm Ranma."
She took the cup over her head and slowly poured.

Kuno saw the change right before his eyes. His pathetic excuse for a brain
disposed of the information in moments. "So you are a sorcerer! Where is the
pig tailed girl?"

Ranma handed the cup to Akane. He shouted, "I'm the pig tailed girl you
moron!" He made a face of disgust. "You're in love with a guy! Quite
frankly, you're not my type!"

"How DARE you project your perversions on me!" Kuno charged. "Strike!
Strike! Strike!" His flurry of bokken blows was only a brown blur. Ranma had
to give ground since the doorway didn't allow Ranma any space to dodge or
counterattack. Akane retreated to the kitchen. Ranma took a stand in the
center of the tiny living room.

Ranma waited for an opening. He parried the strikes until Kuno overextended
one and Ranma grabbed the bokken. He got in Kuno's face and held his eyes to
Kuno's. "Listen you single minded excuse for a martial artist. Akane and I
are married and the pig tailed girl is me!"

Kuno gave an expression of disgust and rage. "How dare you claim that the
fair Akane Tendo would marry the likes of you?"

Akane grabbed Kuno by the collar and pulled him down to her face. "I married
him because I love him and not you!" She shoved him against the wall. She
pointed her finger toward the open door. "Get out!"

Ranma threw the bokken out the front door. "I think you should do what she
says."

Kuno looked at Akane. "I will rescue you Akane. You have my word."

Akane twitched her eyes and shook in pure rage. "Have you had too many blows
to the head? What is with you? Get the hell out of my life!" She grabbed a
cup from the kitchen counter and threw it at Kuno. The old tea that was in
it splashed Ranma on the back of his head.

Kuno glomped Ranko. "Ah pig tailed one, you have escaped from your prison!"

Ranko wasn't playing nice anymore. She kneed his groin. Kuno clutched his
private parts and fell the floor groaning. Ranko stood back so Kuno can get
a good look at Ranko. "Notice my clothes? I'm wearing Ranma's clothes
because I AM RANMA you idiot! I've got a curse that changes me when I'm hit
with cold water. The whole school knows about it."

Kuno knelt on the floor. "So cold water is how I free you from your prison?"

Akane and Ranko groaned. Akane went behind Kuno and knocked him out. Akane
watched Kuno hit the floor. Ranko pondered the situation. "Was he brain
damaged at birth? Or is this something that runs in their family."

Akane laughed, "Let's see, we have Kodachi, Tatewaki and their father the
principal. I'd say it runs in the family."

Ranko pondered some more. "He wants a girlfriend. I know just the perfect
one." Ranko walked to the bathroom and shut the door. "Sun Star Power! Make
Up!" Sailor Sun came out. She picked up Kuno. "Sun Beam Transport!"

Akane stood wide-eyed. She hoped Sun wouldn't do anything really stupid. She
went to the hallway to get the bokken and closed the front door.

She sat down for a while on the couch. She peeked at the clock. It was
getting close to time to get to school. She hoped that Sun didn't teleport
somewhere that it was still nighttime and pass out from lack of sunlight.

Akane was worried. Sun had been gone for over half an hour. She thought
about calling Usagi and have her try to sense where Sun was. Akane
concentrated and couldn't detect where Sun was. Her powers were still very
new and her range was limited.

A flash appeared and Sun looked around. Sun reverted back to Ranko.

Akane saw that Kuno was missing. "What did you do with Tatewaki?"

Ranko gave an evil grin. "Someone else is bothering him now." Ranko went to
the bathroom to get ready for school.

A few minutes later, Ranma and Akane ran off for another day at high school.
The fun never stopped at the Saotome household.

"Henrietta! Henrietta! Come back here!" Azusa Shiratori shouted as she
chased her new toy around the mansion.

Kuno ran quickly, "My name is Tatewaki Kuno! It's not Henrietta!"

"No Henrietta! Come back to Azusa!"

Tatewaki was dressed in a cute girl's dress with a nice pink bow in his
hair. He looked just like a cute life sized doll. He was adorable.

"It's time for tea Henrietta!" Azusa's roller skates were much faster than
Kuno's running ability. She glomped him and dragged him back to the mansion.

"MY NAME IS TATEWAKI KUNO!"

They played for hours.

Ukyou awoke to her alarm at five in the morning. She awoke to start a new
day in her new life. Ukyou had made some hard choices before she went to
bed. Her old dreams were now just memories. She had a new dream. She was
going to devote her life to make this dream a reality. She was going to
train like she had never trained before. She assisted in the battle, but she
was not the decisive warrior. She needed to improve her battle skills.

Ukyou had decided on the path she wanted to follow. She wanted to make a
difference. She was going to make a difference. She got dressed in her blue
overcoat and black leggings. She went into the alley next to her restaurant
and began her warm up exercises. Konatsu stood by watching his mistress.
Ukyou pulled out her battle spatula and practiced moves. She called out,
"Konatsu!"

"Yes mistress?"

"I want to practice against shurikens." Ukyou held out her weapon in a
defense stance.

"Are you sure about that?" He quickly changed into his female ninja outfit
and held his throwing stars ready.

"I'll never learn unless I practice." Ukyou had a look of fierce
determination. She was going to be the best.

Konatsu began the training. He administered first aid fifteen minutes later
to a very discouraged Ukyou. He asked, "Oh mistress, why are you doing this
to yourself?"

Ukyou smiled. "I'm going to make a difference."

Konatsu saw it in her eyes. She was right. She was.

To be continued...

Look for Sailor Ranko: The harder they fall.

Author's Notes: Ok, so if you like my fic. Email me and tell me so.
Otherwise mail cards or letters to your favorite dictator or greater demon
and tell them why I suck.

Please review my story. It makes me feel oh so happy and prevents me from
telling your mom on you.

Last words: Yes, I'm doing another fic. Shoot me now to get it over with.

Bill Heineman
December 5, 2002
bur...@contrabandent.com
http://www.contrabandent.com/burgerbill