[Ranma][FanFic] Unfolding Destiny pt 5.training

1 view

Richard Marshall

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
This is a fanfic in the works that can be seen at
http://www.macol.net/~marshall
mirror site:
http://members.aol.com/mythosex/
Ranma is owned by Vis Communications, Rumiko Takahashi,
and other subsidiaries.

Unfolding Destiny

Part 5

Training

Akane and Shampoo Trained with the goal of finding the mirror
and fighting the god if they had to, to get Ranma-chan back and
hopefully help Ranma out of his coma. They had been training for
weeks and they progressed at a pace even Ranma had to praise. Akane
had begun to grow her hair, not like she has much choice, her training
never gave her enough time to get trims, between Training Homework
and School this was a time when she had almost no time for herself.

Shampoo wasn't much different. The hours she wasn't training
she was either making deliveries or working at the Nekohanten. With
Cologne, Genma and even Soun for instructors the girls were pressed
into more sets of patterns either of them could not imagine that they
could get one straight, but slowly they did and close to unison they
worked each pattern till it was burned into their minds.

Sparring between these two became more evened out as Akane
was pushed to regulate a more intense and vigorous schedule. As they
were now almost even and with out straying from killing each other they
mostly wore each other out then anything.

As they sat slumped against the Dojo wall near the door they
heaved slowly in and out. Akane looked over wiping her brow of sweat
as she did so. "We're coming along.." She repeated what Genma had
said earlier during the spar, who was by now getting the furo ready for
the girls to relax in for dinner.

Shampoo nodded to this and looked to Akane and smiled "Aiya,
we are getting good, maybe good enough to give Ranma trouble by our
self." Akane chuckled and nodded. Despite their past battles, and the
jealousy that ensued from the ongoing Ranma/Fiancée war started,
Akane looked onto Shampoo with a new friendship of training buddies,

They sat there breathing in the evening air and with in minutes

began to stand hearing the footsteps of someone coming to the door.
Genma poked his head in and nodded to the two "The bath is ready and
Kasumi said she made something special for you two tonight."

The two girls smiled, a special meal from Kasumi was special
indeed, for it was usually a favorite dish or some exotic meal for them
try out. No matter it usually was good no matter if it tasted like it
was
planned to or not. With a nod to the panda-man they left the dojo and
headed straight for the bath^Å

====== ====== ====== ======

With things going as they were Genma and Soun took the times
they played Go or Shogi with seated thoughts, neither one cheating for
the game was not foremost on their minds. Needless to say the games
came to draws more often then not, if the games were even finished.

Nabiki sat with her note pad and abacus at hand doing figures
for
the next month and watched the two players with a quizzical look. While
Kasumi quietly cleaned off the table and prepared for dinner.

====== ====== ====== ======

Kyoko walked to the wall with Ranma-chan. Her eyes looked the
girl over and sighed as she dabbed a cold cloth to Ranma-chan's
from hanging so much~ Kyoko said to herself. And she brought in a
table and set up a meal.

====== ====== ====== ======

In the furo Akane lounges, Shampoo washing herself off with the

warm water near by. "You know Akane, it been weeks since I come
stay here.." Shampoo began "Shampoo thank you for not making
worse."

"Well, its not like its your fault ,Shampoo" Akane sat up and
put
her elbows on the side of the bath "We need to work together and the
best way is at least be friends.." Akane looked thoughtful.

====== ====== ====== ======

The next morning Akane woke up without the aid of Genma or
Soun. Shampoo was sleeping in her own bed. Quietly Akane went to
the closet and put on her Gi. Hanging Shampoo's out for her. Calmly
she headed down the stairs as she heard a voice coming from the family
room. She quickly hastened her steps and saw a girl with brown hair
and a hair style much like Shampoo's. The Chinese attire and accent
made her wonder until she saw Cologne sitting next to her like she had
Shampoo when she first arrived.

Genma was the first to notice Akane "Good morning Akane" He
said. Everyone else nodded but the girl who looked at Akane.

Cologne spoke up next "Child this is Akane Tendo son of Soun
Tendo the owner of this dojo and partner to Shampoo in this." To this
The girl nodded softly.

"Nihao.." The girl said in soft mandarin.

"Akane this is amazon village sister Perfume." Cologne said
gesturing to the Chinese Amazon.

"Oh hi yo oh." Akane said as she sat.

A moment later a high pitched "Nihao" came from the door and
they looked to see the purple haired amazon run and give Perfume a hug
"Cousin, it so good to see you!"

Perfume smiled at this "Cousin, it is good to see you too" she
said
softly. Kasumi came out with tea and cookies with her usual smile and
sits at her spot.

Pouring the tea into small cups she looked to Akane and Shampoo

"I thought you would be up soon so I took the liberty of bringing extra
cups" She said this placing a cup to Akane and a cup to Shampoo before
poring the last cup for herself.

"Now, as the participants are here^Å" Cologne looked to Perfume
and held out her hand. Perfume dug a small map and handed it to
Cologne. "Since you two are coming along nicely I shall give you the
map to the Mirror."

"Map?" The two girls said simultaneously.

Cologne places the map between the two and looked to Perfume.
"Thank you for bringing it here, child" Cologne nodded.

"Was no problem Elder." Perfume said. "May I stay a while
Elder?"

Cologne thought a moment and nodded "I don't see why not."
She then looked to the rest of the group. "Akane and Shampoo will need
to go alone."

"To the mirror Great-grand-mother?" Shampoo questioned and
Cologne nodded.

"We will begin full training tomorrow." She looked to Genma and

Soun who nodded. "Shampoo, you will not be working at the
Nekohanten for the remainder of your training. And Akane will not be
attending school either."

Shampoo looked to her with a quizzical tone "Why not Great-
grand-mother?"

"We are going to train for the best results and that means for
the
better part of the day." Cologne stated. Akane and Shampoo nodded.

"Yes." Shampoo said along with Akane, this was beginning to
sound like more then they could chew, but their prides would not let
then speak up on it.

With this Cologne escorted Perfume from the building "We will
return tomorrow to begin." And everyone nodded, while Akane and
shampoo began to study the map.

====== ====== ====== ======

Later that day, Shampoo and Akane walk towards an Ice Cream
parlor, given the day off and excused from chores they decided to relax
a bit and have some ice cream. Shampoo and Akane enter the parlor and
Shampoo smiled softly "Shampoo love Ice cream."

Akane grinned and nodded to Shampoo, "It was nice of them to
let
us off from chores. It's been a while since I did anything like this."
Shampoo nodded back.

At a table they sit and eat their ice cream silently and
quietly talk
over their training and the map. After a bit a voice calls their
attention
"I'd like a double scoop of strawberry and vanilla will ya?" Their eyes
focused on a giant spatula.

"Ukyo?" Akane said questioningly.

"Spatula girl?" Shampoo said simultaneously.

Ukyou turned to the pair with familiarity. "Akane.. Shampoo?"
She got her order and sat at the end of the table stealing a nearby
chair. "

"Yeah, its us.." Akane says with a smile. Ukyo looks to Shampoo

and Akane sees Ukyo's expression and speaks up. "Ukyo, Shampoo
here is helping me with Ranma."

"What happened to Ranchan?" Ukyo asks

Shampoo and Akane look at each other and begin telling the
story.

====== ====== ====== ======

Ukyo, Akane and Shampoo walk down the street towards the
dojo. Ukyo walks along one side of Akane as Shampoo takes up the
other. "Oh.. So that's why Ranchan hasn't been around much, I
thought it was the weather^Å" She looks off in the distance.

"Ranma is in room getting rest Ukyo." Shampoo looked to her
and with a huff "You can visit if you want."

Ukyo looked to Shampoo a moment slightly surprised "Well^Å. If
you sure its no trouble."

Akane nodded. "Not too much, I guess^Å"

Ukyo looked at them and raised an eyebrow ~First they dress
alike
and now they aren't behaving as jealous anymore^Å~ She then looked at
the gate. ~Ranchan must be hurt worse than normal^Å~

====== ====== ====== ======

Ukyo stands near Ranma's bed looking down to him and shakes
her head "Oh, Ranchan^Å" She gently brushes some hair from his face
and frowns slightly. ~This is bad^Å~ From the door Akane's voice is
heard as she walks by.

"Shampoo, I looked at the atlas, and I can't figure out if its
even in
China or Japan."

Shampoo's voice softer like she is coming from slightly down
the
hall. "Akane, great-grand-mother cannot help, she no know where is
either."

Ukyo turns to the door and walks to it and looks out and sees
Shampoo looking out of Akane's room as Akane stands before her with
an obviously old paper. With a shrug she makes over to them and looks
to the paper. "You know^Å That looks awful familiar to one of Ryoga's
maps."

Akane looks to Ukyo as if she did not notice she was there. She

looks to the map again and slowly nods. "You know^Å It kinda does
doesn't it?" She takes the new insight into consideration. "If that is
the
case, we start near Kyoko." Akane said with a nod.

Shampoo gave Akane an assuring nod and the three walk into Akane's
room Shampoo sits on her bed and Akane sits on her own. Ukyo stand
between beds and looks at them. "You weren't kidding about this were
you?" They both shake their heads and Ukyo takes Akane's bed for a
seat.

====== ====== ====== ======

Early the next morning Shampoo and Akane bow to each other
then to Cologne, who sits near by. They begin, facing the back of the
dojo and with a moment of four breaths they spin in unison to the
opposite wall and begin a routine, almost in sync with each other with
minor flaws displaying from them both.

Breathlessly and tiredly they stop the patterns and look at
each
other with a small smile. Cologne walks to them and nods "Not bad^Å
You went through the entire day without stopping, that is good. Stamina
is a key to becoming stronger." Cologne commented and they nodded.

"Thank you sensei" They both say.

Cologne nods "All we need to work on is strength and speed."
Akane and Shampoo nod and look to the old woman on her staff.

With in two months we see the two gain more ability. Since the
end of the first month, they have gotten so use to each other, on
command they can do in unison anything. From eating to brushing their
teeth. Their patters become one. Slowly the flaws have been kinked out
and timed with such preciseness that they can throw two shurikans at
two targets and have the sound of the impacts seem as only one was
thrown.

By the end of the second month, Akane's hair slightly longer
but
trimmed regularly, Shampoos has been braided behind her back. Ranma
has awoken a few times with in this time, but shortly drifted into
sleep.
This makes their efforts double and Cologne Soun, Genma and
Hopposai, being back from a trip, seem pleased at the rate of
improvement.

To be continued^Å

This fanfic is Written by Richard Marshall
C&C Will be apreciated
at : Knigh...@aol.com