[Ranma][Fanfic] Trials of Destiny Chapter Two

Kyle Emmerson

Aug 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/21/99

Trials of Destiny

by Kyle Emmerson

Ranma " and all of its characters and situations are
the creation and property of Rumiko Takahashi. I use
these characters and situations without permission.

Also: Special thanks to Donny Cheng and Yucca for
helping me translate a phrase from English to
Chinese.. ^_^

Chapter Two: The Dreamer with Open Eyes

"The dreamer with open eyes will confront him, and
the dreamer shall escape. He lies in wait no longer,
and with the taking of twelve, he shall reawaken. The
world shall fear him soon." ~ Unknown

****

"Do I know you, boy?" he asked.

Shinnosuke sighed. "I don't believe so. I'm looking
for Nerima."

Another man scoffed. "Nerima? You're a ways away from
there, boy." He leaned towards him. "This here's
Ryugenzawa."

Shinnosuke rolled his eyes. "I know that."

The four men at the Ryugenzawa youth group hostel
building looked at each other confusedly.

"Are you going to tell me how to get to Nerima, or
what?"

"Sure, kid," a third spoke up. "Nerima is a ward of
Tokyo. Just go to Tokyo, hop on any train, and then get
off when it reaches Nerima. Most of them run on a loop,
so as long as you get on one of them, there's no way you
can lose it."

Shinnosuke blinked for a moment. His Grandfather
often spoke of things outside of the forest. A train was
merely one of them. His Grandfather described them as 'an
insult to the feet of every living man'. He also said
that they would become obsolete soon. Of course, his
Grandfather hadn't left the forest for nearly twenty
years.

"Kid, you in there?"

Shinnosuke looked up. "Yeah," he said. "Look, would
you know how to get to Tokyo?"

The man blinked. "You don't know where Tokyo is?"

Shinnosuke shook his head.

The man shook his as well. "Look, about four
kilometers down the road there's a town. Hop on the train
there, and it will take you directly to Tokyo."

Shinnosuke nodded. "Thank you." He turned to walk
away.

"Hey, wait a minute, boy." One of the men put a hand
on his shoulder.

"What?"

"A few months ago, this girl came from Nerima, and
she was looking on getting into the forest. Not long
after, a boy followed her. You wouldn't be looking for
them, would you?"

Shinnosuke narrowed his eyes. "And if I am?"

"No problems here, kid. I was just wondering."

Shinnosuke nodded. "I am. I believe they have answers
to some questions I have. I don't know how, or why, but I
just believe they do."

The man nodded silently. "Good luck in finding him,
boy."

Shinnosuke smiled and nodded. He continued on his
way.

"You know what?" One man said to the other.

"What's that?"

"I hope his Grandfather can take care of the animals
as well as he could."

The other man blinked. Realization soon dawned on
him. "You mean, he...?"

The other man slowly nodded.

"Oh, crap."

****

"So, Kuno-baby," Nabiki greeted. "What's up?"

Tatewaki Kuno paid no more than a glance towards her.
"Nabiki Tendo," he replied. "I do not know what you speak
of."

"Then why so defensive?"

Kuno scoffed. "I have no need to defend myself
against the likes of you, Nabiki Tendo."

"Well, either way, Kuno-baby, you've been pretty
easy-going all day. Where the hell is your bokken?"

As if noticing for the first time, Kuno cast his gaze
towards his side. Indeed, the bokken was absent.

"I have no need to give a reason for my melancholy
behavior, Nabiki Tendo," he sighed.

"Look, Kuno," Nabiki said, changing her tone,
"something is up. You may act as if there's nothing
wrong,
but there is."

"Nabiki Tendo, I--"

"You walked right by my sister this morning. You
didn't even look at her!"

"If you wish for me to return my affections to Akane,
could you have said so in the first place, Nabiki Tendo?"

Nabiki sighed.

"I merely decided to give her a rest. Yesterday had
to be... disturbing for her. She was nearly forced to
marry Saotome."

Nabiki shook her head. "There was nothing forced
about it, Kuno-baby."

Tatewaki eyed her suspiciously. "What do you speak
of, Nabiki Tendo?"

Nabiki shook her head. "Nothing Kuno. Don't worry
about it," she glanced at the clock. "Look, lunch is
nearly over. We should meet after school and conduct the
usual business." She smiled. "I have some shots of Akane
in her wedding dress you might like."

Tatewaki waved his hand dismissively. "I care not for
such things at this time, Nabiki Tendo. I am much too
troubled by more pressing matters."

Nabiki blinked. This wasn't like Kuno. For him, what
could be more pressing than her sister? Or even Ranma's
girl form?

Tatewaki continued to sit and stare into open space
as Nabiki eventually tore herself away from him.

****

"Ranma-honey!" Ukyou smiled. "I made you some lunch!"

Ranma froze for a moment. He turned slowly, almost
calculatedly.

"That's.. uhh.. great, Ukyou," he said, casting his
gaze downward.

Ukyou wasn't blind. "Ranma? What's wrong?"

Ranma shook his head. "Nothing. Don't worry about it,
Ukyou."

Ukyou? Why was he addressing her so formally? What
happened to Ucchan?

"Ranma--"

"I said don't worry about it," he frowned. "Look,
Ukyou. I gotta go. Akane's waiting for me."

Ukyou frowned. "Akane? Ranma, I thought--"

"Do you know what happened in China, Ukyou?" He
asked.

Ukyou blinked. She had heard very little. Something
about a dragon and Jusenkyo, but that was about it. She
shook her head.

"Akane almost died," he muttered. "She would have
died if... if I hadn't been there for her."

"Ranchan, I--"

"Shut up, Ukyou," he shook his head. "I don't want to
hear anymore. Not after what you did yesterday. That was
unforgivable."

"But... I only did it--"

"I don't care why you think you did it. It was
wrong."

"Ranma..." she stepped towards him. Extending her
hand out to him, she continued. "I didn't mean to--"

Ranma pushed her hand away. "But you did, Ukyou," he
sighed. "It's funny. I would expect something like that
from Shampoo. But I thought you were my friend. And
Akane's friend, for that matter."

"Ranma...?" Another voice asked from a small distance
away. "What's... what's going on?"

Ranma didn't even turn. "Nothing, Akane."

Akane blinked. Any ill will she had harboured for
Ukyou had passed in the last few moments. Now, she felt
sorry for what Ranma had said.

"Ranma, can't you--" Akane began.

"Let's go, Akane," he said, and then turned away from
Ukyou.

The last sight Ukyou saw before it happened was Akane
looking back at her with concern. As she hit the ground
with amazing force, she blacked out, and dreamt.

****

"Ranma!" Akane yelled, running over to the prone
figure of Ukyou on the ground. "What happened?! What did
you do to her?"

Ranma shook his head. "I didn't do nuthin! I just
told her what needed to be said!"

"Help me get her up," she said, lifting her. Ranma
helped out with the other arm.

"Ukyou?" Akane asked. "She's out cold. Let's get her
to the nurses office!"

"I didn't do nuthin to her! How come she fainted?"

Akane felt her head. "She's got a fever, Ranma. We've
got to get her some help."

"A fever?" Ranma put a hand to her head and abruptly
pulled it away. "Damn, she's hot. She looked fine a
minute ago!"

"Just get her to the nurses office!" Akane yelled.

Ranma shook his head, lifted Ukyou over his shoulder,
and complied.

****

"What's going on?" Ukyou asked, looking around.

"You are one of the dreamers," the voice stated, a
cruel, inhuman voice coming from several directions. The
same voice, but many tones.

"Who are you?" Ukyou asked.

"I am the one you were born because of, girl."

Ukyou sneered. "What the hell do you want?!"

The voice laughed. Not one, but several. Each source
seemed to laugh by itself. "Young one, you have no idea
of the fall that is to come."

Ukyou took in a deep breath. "What fall?"

The single voice from many sources screeched with
laughter. "You shall find out soon enough, dreamer. I
shall find my servants."

Ukyou narrowed her eyes. "Servants?"

"Yes. Saiko and Nekkyo. They have both crossed your
path, dreamer. I can feel their essence from within you."

"Who are you?" she yelled into the darkness.

The voice grew colder, more darker and inhuman, if
such a thing was possible. "I am the future, dreamer. I
am death beyond life. I am the destroyer of planes. The
slayer of Gods." It laughed again. "You may call me
Rogi."

The laughter penetrated through her skull. It was
becoming louder by the second. As Ukyou clutched her head
in pain, she doubled over and screamed.

****

"What happened to her?" Nabiki asked. She often
enjoyed her Medical sciences class. All it usually
involved was patching up several students, which gave her
an excuse to gather and distribute information. For a
price.

But sometimes something serious would happen, and she
would have to worry about money later. This was such a
time.

Ranma shrugged. "I dunno. She just fainted in the
middle of the yard. I was walking away with Akane, and
she just.. dropped!"

"You didn't say anything to her, did you Saotome?"
She raised one eyebrow in an appraising look.

Ranma looked Nabiki in the eye. "Look. If I did this
to her, which I doubt, then she deserved it for what she
did yesterday."

Nabiki shook her head. "Look, Saotome. I may be the
most un-empathetic person you know, but look at it from
her point of view. She thinks you don't love Akane, and
that Akane doesn't love you," she said, "I'm not making
excuses for her, but that's the way it is. When she did
what she did, she thought she was doing the right thing."

Nabiki shook her head. "How harsh did you go on her?"

"Pretty harsh." He looked to the ground.

"Look, Saotome," she sighed. "I'm sure she'll
recover. But it wouldn't kill you to sit down and talk
with her about it."

"But--"

"No buts, Saotome." She waved her finger around. "If
you want to marry my sister, you'll have to do something
about Ukyou." She smiled. "Shampoo too."

Ranma nodded. "Alright, Nabiki." He sighed. "How much
do I owe you?"

"We'll call this one a freebie, since you're
practically family already," she smiled. "The next one,
though, is gonna cost you."

Ranma smiled.

"Where is Akane, anyways?"

Ranma blinked for a moment. "She told me she'd meet
me here. But I... She would have been here by now,
wouldn't she?" He turned around.

"She is here." Akane smiled.

Ranma jumped. "A...Akane?" He stammered. "How long...
uhh... How long have you been here?"

She winked at Nabiki. "Long enough."

****

Ryouga walked down the roadway thinking.

It was something he usually did when walking. When
lost. He thought. He thought of his future, of his
girlfriend. Of his... failure.

Ryouga had had it with being P-Chan. Since he had met
Akari, he had been appreciated. Even more so because of
his curse. But with Akane, he was either P-Chan, her
beloved pet, or Ryouga. Ranma's 'friend'.

Either way, he was unhappy. A feeling he often knew.

Recently, however, Ryouga had been confused. Not a
definite happy or unhappy feeling, but just... in
between. The limbo between feelings.

And soon, he came to realize why he blamed Ranma for
everything that happened.

Because he was there. Ranma had eaten the bread
Ryouga had craved, which had caused him to become angry
at him in the first place. It may have been the first
blow, but the battle could have been over long before it
started.

The meeting for the fight. Ryouga blamed Ranma for
leaving, even though he was four days late. Ranma even
waited three days for him. It was better than Ryouga
could do. Ryouga would have left after the first hour.

And then China. It had been pure luck that he had
tracked Ranma down all the way to Qinghai But he did.
And he found Jusenkyo. The hard way.

And he blamed Ranma for that. It was partially
Ranma's fault. If he had watched where he was going, then
he wouldn't have knocked Ryouga into the pool.

But then, as Ryouga recently realized, if he hadn't
gotten mad about a simple bread incident, none of it
would have happened.

"Mountains out of molehills..." he muttered to
himself.

"Excuse me?" A voice asked, from not far away. Ryouga
looked up to the source. A strangely familiar man stood
at the entrance to a train station.

"Sorry, just talking to myself," Ryouga apologized.
And then something clicked.

"You..." he muttered.

****

Shinnosuke blinked. "Me?" He asked.

The other man stammered some more. "You. Why aren't
you in the forest?"

Shinnosuke narrowed his eyes. And then it clicked. He
snapped his fingers. "You were with Akane and Ranma!" he
shouted, smiling.

Ryouga nodded nimbly.

"Great!" he threw his arms into the air. "You can
help me find Nerima!"

Ryouga blinked. "You're going to Nerima?"

Shinnosuke nodded. "Yes, I've got something I need to
do. I don't know anyone outside of the forest, so I
decided the best place for me to go would be to Nerima."

Ryouga smiled. "What about the forest?"

"My Grandfather can take care of it until I return."

"Why are you heading there, anyways?"

Shinnosuke shrugged. "I must find a bride."

Ryouga blinked. "A... bride?"

"Yes," he laughed. "Don't worry. I have no plans to
steal Akane from Ranma. It was evident how they felt
about each other."

Ryouga nodded. "I could imagine."

"Could you help me to Nerima?" Shinnosuke asked.

Ryouga blinked. He was just there the day before. He
knew he had to find Akari, and after the big incident at
the wedding with the Nannichuan, he wasn't sure whether
or not he should go back. He looked up into Shinnosuke's
face.

"Alright," he nodded. "I'll go with you."

And they went. All the while, talking of things
Shinnosuke had missed since he had received visitors in
Ryugenzawa.

Ryouga never once mentioned he had a horrible sense
of direction.

****

"Shampoo?" Mousse asked. "Why are you--"

"Great Grandmother asked me to stay," she sighed.
"She no let me go see Ranma."

Mousse blinked in confusion. It wasn't as if he
minded having Shampoo around, especially this soon after
returning from China, but it was somewhat confusing.
Cologne always let Shampoo see Ranma, even if the place
was busy.

Mousse looked out into the restaurant. And busy it
wasn't.

Mousse turned his attention towards Cologne, who was
sitting in a corner silently. He stepped towards her.
"Great... err... honoured elder?"

Cologne barely flinched as he addressed her. "What is
it, boy?"

Mousse narrowed his eyes in confusion. "The place
isn't that busy... Why haven't you let Shampoo out?"

"None of your concern, boy," she turned towards him.
"I had thought you would be pleased with her presence."

Mousse nodded. "Of course, I'm just... confused--"

"And you will be for much of your life, boy. I
suggest you allow me to continue my meditation and get
back to your own work."

Mousse sighed. "Very well," he said as he went back
to work.

****

Cologne had been known how to do it for years.
However, she had never actually found the need to do it
until now.

The Joketsuzoku had called the method 'Kai Kuo Yan
Jie De Meng Huan Zhe'. The dreamer with open eyes.
Technically, one's eyes were closed during the method,
but it allowed one to focus on a dream greatly, and still
return to the waking world with but a thought.

And now, she was employing the method. She cleared
the area around her, and lost herself in the clatter of
noise behind her.

Normally, for amateurs, it would have to be
completely silent for the technique to work. However,
Cologne was anything but an amateur.

Slowly, she descended into the dream.

Normally, it would take several hours to enter a true
dream. There were waking dreams, which were just trains
of thought as you woke up, which happened regularly. But
true, deep sleep dreams could only be experienced under
two conditions. By going into a deep sleep, and by the
Kai kuo yan jie de meng huan zhe method.

And now Cologne was in the dream.

It took a lot of her concentration to focus the dream
more clearly. During normal dreams, it had been extremely
hard to do so, but with this dream, all it took was a
thought.

She looked about. She was dressed in a long robe,
with a staff at her side. As she stood from her chair,
she gasped.

She was tall. In her dreams of the previous night,
she had been merely an observer, not directly influencing
any of the actions of her dream-self.

Now, she was not only controlling her dream self, but
experiencing her.

"Kaoriko," she heard from nearby, "What troubles
you?"

Cologne raised an eyebrow appraisingly. Whether it
was by her choice or not, she answered. "I know not of
what you speak, Midara."

The man appeared from around the corner. He was just
as tall as she was, and seemed just as old. But his eyes
had a spark of familiarity to them.

He shook his head. "Do not misguide me, Kaoriko. I am
just as wise as you, if not wiser."

Cologne smiled inwardly. Obviously not too modest,
either.

"I worry of the children," she answered.

Midara shook his ancient head. "Do not worry.
Amaterasu Ohmikami will watch over them."

"We are far from our home, Midara. Amaterasu is far
from her land of power."

"Even this far from her land, she is powerful."

"Powerful enough to defeat Rogi?"

Midara narrowed his eyes. "Kaoriko, consider what we
know of Rogi, and what we know of Amaterasu," he sighed.

"Rogi is a stranger. You nor I know anything of him."

"True enough, but our faith in Amaterasu Ohmikami
should be enough."

Cologne thought. All this speak of Amaterasu...
and... Rogi? Who was Rogi? Cologne had never subscribed
to Shinto beliefs. If anything, she was more of a
believer in Tao, although her knowledge spanned many
religions.

"Fair enough, Midara. I... I believe we should go."

"To the valley?" he asked.

"Yes. The battle will start soon... I wish... I wish
to be there to bear witness to it."

Midara closed his eyes. "Very well, Kaoriko. If you
wish it."

"I do."

"Then we shall." He turned around for a moment, and
then paused in mid-step.

Cologne narrowed her eyes. "Midara?" she asked. It
was then she noticed that she could control her speech
once again.

Midara didn't turn. A low growl was heard from him as
the colours and shapes around her began to swirl.

As he turned, Cologne realized that something had
gone horribly wrong.

His eyes were no longer the light brown they had been
before. They were now a deep, horrible red. His mouth had
twisted into an evil grin, with sharp rows of teeth
protruding.

"Who are you?" she asked.

He laughed. It came from not one, but several
sources.

"A wise one," he continued. "How fortunate for me."

Cologne narrowed her eyes. "Who are you?"

"What, you've forgotten me this easily?" he laughed
again. "You hold no memories of me, wise one?"

"Answer me, creature. Why do you invade my dream?"

He narrowed his eyes. "Who said it wasn't my dream to
begin with, wise one?"

Cologne frowned. "Why are you here?"

"I am here to return. It seems none of my servants
are in the world of dreams," he smirked, "So I shall have
to settle for you, wise one."

"You cannot hurt me in a dream, creature."

It laughed again. "Oh, can't I? You will be as easy
to break as the other was."

Cologne narrowed her eyes. "Other?"

"Indeed," he laughed. "What a glorious sound, the
human scream. A pity she woke up so soon, I could have
had continuous fun with her."

"What?"

"Oh, you have crossed her path. I was unable to see
her past as I can see yours. I invaded her as she fell
unconscious. But you..." he smirked.

Cologne sneered. "I have not the time to banter with
you, creature. Tell me who you are, or I shall leave?"

The creature growled deeply, and then eased up. "You
truly do not remember me, do you, wise one?"

Cologne narrowed her eyes.

He laughed. "Your memories have yet to awaken," he
smirked, "This, I shall enjoy."

And then he moved.

Cologne had no experience fighting in dreams, and the
creature had seemed to be in charge. Knowing full well
that she could feel pain in dreams, she decided it best
to leave.

And she did. She opened her eyes, and waited a moment
for the real world to come into focus. Slowly, the
clatter of noise behind her became louder, and overtook
her senses. Her sight returned a moment later.

Cologne got up, stretched her weary bones, and then
sighed.

****

"Oh my God!" She shot up.

"Ukyou, whoa girl. Calm down," Nabiki pleaded.

Ukyou was breathing heavily. She looked around in
confusion for a moment, before she spoke.

"What happened?" she asked, still looking around.

"You passed out. Ranma brought you in about twenty
minutes ago." She reached to feel her head. "Looks like
the fever is gone, too."

Ukyou blinked. "Ranma? Fever?" She looked down at her
hands... "It was... a dream. It was so real."

"What?"

Ukyou shook her head. "Nothing... I just... I just
had a nightmare."

Nabiki nodded. "Yeah, you looked kinda disturbed when
you were under."

"I was only out for twenty minutes?" She asked. "God.
It felt like days..."

Nabiki shrugged. "Nope. Twenty minutes." She looked
at her. "You well enough to get back to class?"

Ukyou nodded. "Yeah... I... I think so."

Nabiki handed her a yellow slip. "Take this. I hear
Hinako can be really strict on lates."

Ukyou took it and nodded. "Yeah. Thanks."

"Oh, by the way. I think Ranma and Akane want to talk
to you. Why don't you head over to the dojo after
school?"

Ukyou blinked. "The... dojo?" She cast her gaze
towards the floor. "I... I don't think--"

"Look," Nabiki said to her, "you want to go through
life the way you are now, or do you want to reach an
understanding between them?"

Ukyou blinked. "Alright," she sighed. Getting off of
the bed, she walked towards the door, opened it, and then
closed it behind her.

****

"I... We... WHAT?!" Akane asked.

"I spoke to Ranma's mother earlier, Akane," Soun
said, "We came to an agreement we think both of you will
accept."

"You want me to MOVE IN WITH HIM?" she asked.

"Akane," Nodoka interrupted, "it will really be no
different than living here. We'll move all of your things
into our guest room, including your bed if you like, and
it is no further from Furinkan than here."

Akane stammered. "B...but... move IN with him?"

Soun sighed. "Akane, dear. Please. It is very
important to me that you do this. If you like, it can
only be on a trial basis. You won't be living far from
home, and you can visit any time you like."

Akane blinked. Visit her own home? She'd lived here
her whole life... how could she just... leave?

"Hey," Ranma said, walking through the front door.
After seeing everyones expression, he paused.

****

"What's... going... on?" he asked, slowly backing
away from the small crowd.

"Ranma, my boy," Genma pushed up his glasses. "Looks
to me like you'll be returning with your mother and me."

Ranma blinked. "Already, the place fixed up?"

Genma nodded. "Apparently it was repaired while we
were in China."

Nodoka smiled. "They were fast workers."

Ranma sighed. He looked up at Akane. The look on her
face told him all he needed to know. She was going to
miss him.

"Akane... I... uh..." He stammered. "Look, let's not
let the same thing happen again."

Akane blinked. "Same thing?"

"You know... misunderstandings, that sort of thing."

Akane shook her head. "What do you mean, Ranma?"

Ranma sighed. He walked over and put a hand on her
shoulder.

"Akane," he took a deep breath. "I don't want us to
leave each other angrily again."

"Leave?" Nodoka laughed, "Oh my, Ranma. Akane is
coming too."

Ranma blinked. "She is?"

Akane smirked. "Yeah. I... I guess I am..."

Ranma smiled. Somehow, it changed things. Sure, he
had spent the past year living with Akane and her family,
but this was different. It was... closer. No Nabiki or
Kasumi. No Soun, just him, Akane...

Genma cleared his throat.

...and his parents.

Either way, he saw it as a chance. He could have an
excuse to spend time with Akane.

****

Akane couldn't believe she accepted. It was
practically admittance that she loved him. Something she
wasn't sure she'd ever admit to. Then again, she was
almost sure that he didn't like her until the incident in
China.

That had changed everything. It was only when she'd
gotten home from school and learned that she was to be
moving to Ranma's mothers home that she realized.

It was all downhill from here. When she noticed
another figure walking to the door, she frowned.

Then again.

****

Ukyou took a deep breath as she stepped to the door.
By every right, she shouldn't be there. But Nabiki had
been right, she had to do something about it.

She raised her hand into the air, and then knocked.

Once.

Twice.

A third time. The door opened.

"Ukyou?" Ranma asked.

"N...Nabiki told me you guys needed to talk to me."

Akane showed up at the door next to Ranma. "Ukyou?
Are you all right?"

She nodded. "I'm fine. I don't know what happened
earlier."

Ranma sighed. "It wasn't because of me--"

"No. It wasn't that. I'm sure of it. Nabiki said I
was running a fever, so that may have been it."

Ranma nodded. "Do... you wanna come in? We can talk
about this."

Ukyou sighed. "It's hard for me, you know. I spent
ten years trying to get my revenge on you."

Ranma nodded. "I understand, Ucchan."

"Why do you have to be so nice, Ranma?" She scoffed.
"Ten years ago, you were my friend. You left without a
word, and you abandoned me. Then when I found you, I
wanted to kill you."

Ranma blinked. "Ucchan--"

"You were so nice to me, Ranma. Nobody was ever that
nice to me... except... except you, Akane." She looked
towards the ground. "I'm sorry for what I did yesterday."

"Ukyou, look. Don't worry about what happened
yesterday," Akane said, feeling as if she was going to
cry.

"No," she shook her head. "That was dishonourable of
me."

"Ukyou, look," Ranma put a hand to her shoulder,
"you're my friend. You were my friend ten years ago,
you're my friend now, and for as long as I live, you'll
still be my friend."

Ukyou smiled. It did bring some comfort to her.
"Thank you."

As much as it had comforted her, there was a part of
her that it didn't comfort. The part that wanted Ranma
not as a friend, but as a lover.

"Look, Ukyou," Akane smiled, "We've got a lot of
things to do. We're moving over to Ranma's mother's
home."

Ukyou perked up. "You are?"

"Yes. Would you like us to walk you home?" Akane
smiled.

Ukyou sighed. "Yeah. Yeah, that would be nice," she
laughed. "I hope Konatsu hasn't ruined the place."

Ranma and Akane laughed along with her.

****

Deep under the sea of Japan, something erupted.

The news reports would say it was a random volcanic
eruption, as they usually happen.

A few eccentric fisherman along the coast said it was
Gojira, attacking several fishing boats in the sea.

But the real reason that a small fleet of four
fishing boats went missing was neither. Not a volcanic
underwater eruption, not an attack by a mythical sea
dragon, but instead, something far worse.

The men on the fishing boats died quickly, but did
not
drown.

The life was sucked out of them piece by piece. The
total of twelve people aboard the ship never even had a
chance to call for help.

Had they known why their lives were taken, they would
have been even more horrified.

Alone, on the deck of one of the fishing ships, stood
a man.

Yet he was not a man. He was a thing. A creature with
the form of a man. A man unable to invade dreams any
longer. A man who had one purpose. To find his servants.

Examining the boat he was standing upon skeptically,
he chose his destination.

It looks like he was once again going to visit Japan.

****

"Tyd, you need a smaller .sig. :-)"
- Gary Kleppe, FFiRC

Questions? Comments? Flames? Email Me.