[Ranma][FanFic] The Road Less Traveled : Chapter 5

1 view

Ranma13

Jul 24, 2001, 1:47:31 PM7/24/01
The Road Less Traveled
by Michael "Ranma13" Cerda

Revised 9/20/00

I do not take credit for the Ranma 1/2 characters. They are owned and
created by the goddess Rumiko Takahashi. The rights go to her and Viz
communication. This is my own story and in no way express how Rumiko
wanted her story to go. With this at mind, enjoy.

--------------------

Chapter 5: Confessions

A beautiful Californian night, an ocean breeze was blowing slightly
keeping the night temperature very comfortable. A clear night all of
the stars were shining brightly in the sky. The moon was full,
already had begun its nightly journey from the east to the west. A
quiet peaceful night, a night to forget all of ones troubles except
for one person.

Ranma-chan looked at his hands, not wanting to believe what had just
happened. Staring up at Beth who was just staring back at him.
Looking back down at his hands, frustration and anger setting in. He
clenched his hands into a fist, closing his eyes. Wanting this to be
a bad dream.

Just staring at him or ......her. She didn't know what to think, but she
could see the sadness and anger in his eyes. "R..R...Ranma?"

"Don't look." Ranma-chan fought back the tears. He wanted a normal
life so bad. Not being able to bear her eyes looking upon him
anymore. In one blurred motion he turned and leapt onto the nearest
rooftop. Running as fast as he could away from Beth.

Beth watched Ranma leap onto a rooftop and in a split second disappear
from sight. Just standing there, she wanted to go after him, but her
legs couldn't seem to move. Actually, she felt like she was going to
feint. Getting a determined look on her face, she ran off in the
direction Ranma went.

She knew that he was heading in the direction of his apartment, but
the apartment also was right next to the beach. Making the decision
she headed towards his apartment first. "The quickest way would be to
go through the park." Wincing at the comment, that was the last thing
she wanted. Ranma needed her right now though. Entering the park,
she hoped that god would be with her and she would not run into any of
the goons that attacked them.

*******

Ranma-chan sat in the corner of the living room. The room was
completely dark. Still in his girl form, he sat thinking about how
much he wanted a normal life. "Maybe this was all a mistake, maybe I
should go back to Japan. At least there they excepted me." He
sighed, wishing he could had found a cure for his curse. Leaning his
head against the wall, he closed his eyes.

Hearing a knock at the door, he turned his head. Deciding to keep
quiet, maybe she would leave if he didn't answer.

"R...R.. * Huff * Ranma." Beth was out of breath, she felt like she was
going to throw up from running so hard. Knocking on the door again,
but there was no answer. She looked at the doorknob, hesitating to
enter. Reaching out she grabbed the knob and turned it. The door was
unlocked, opening the door she looked in. The entire apartment was
dark, the light from the outside of the door helped a little. A
silhouette of Ranma was sitting in one of the corners of the living
room.

Ranma-chan turned to look standing in the doorway. Looking up at her,
`she was so beautiful. Too bad it would never have worked out. She
probably thought of him as a pervert or freak.'

"Ranma...Is that you?" She noticed that he was still a girl. Not being
able to see the face, but she definitely could tell that it was a girl
sitting down.

"Yes, I guess I have some explaining to do." Still looking up at
Beth. He turned to look at the wall in front of him.

Beth didn't reply, closing the front door caused the room to go dark.
She carefully made her way to where Ranma was sitting. Squatting down
she came face to face with him. Shocked to realize that it was the
girl they met on the beach this morning. Beth looked him up and down.
Somehow her gaze was staying on Ranma chest. Without even realizing
what she was doing, she poked Ranma's chest. Shocked to find it real.

"I would appreciate it if you didn't do that," A slight tinge of
sadness coming from his voice.

Beth quickly took her finger away, it was good that the room was dark
so that it would hide her embarrassment and the redness she knew that
was coming over her face. "Sorry."

Ranma looked into Beth's eyes, sighing. "You might want to sit down.
What I have to tell you is long and you should get comfortable." He
watched as Beth sat down in front of him. Gazing up at the ceiling,
"I'm cursed, this is the curse.." pointing to himself "Is the result
of the curse."

"What do you mean, curse? Ranma what the hell is going on?!" Beth
found it hard to keep her composure anymore. She was confused and
wanted to know now.

Taking a deep breath, "I guess I jumped ahead a little. For you to
know about my curse and my life. I should start at the beginning when
I was just a baby. My father is a martial artist for the Saotome
School of Anything Goes Martial Arts. He wanted a son who would be
the greatest martial artist in the world. Thinking that if he let my
mom raise me I would turn out weak. So he took me from my mom,
promising her that he would raise me to be a man among men. Also
promising that if he didn't we would have to commit seppuku." Taking
a deep breath Ranma began his tale.

********

Ryouga had been wandering the beach for awhile now, not being able to
find his way off. Eventually he found a house that had an outside hot
bath. It kind of puzzled him why somebody would want to take a bath
outside. He didn't care though. It gave him the opportunity to
change back to his original form.

"Now, where's Kyoto?" He looked around. Not being able to find
anybody to ask, he shrugged his shoulders and continued on. Always
liking the beach under the moonlight, he walked forward hoping he
would reach his destination soon.

********

Beth was just staring at Ranma, a look of disgust over her face. She
didn't know what to say, hell, she probably couldn't speak anyway.
What kind of father would sell his baby for a fish, rice and two
pickles?

Ranma-chan paused to give Beth sometime to recuperate. "Let me skip
ahead to when I was five. My father and I never stayed in one town
for very long. He said it was to build character. I think it was
because he owed people money and needed to leave immediately. There
was this one town where we stayed longer than usual. There I met
Ukyou, my best and only friend at the time. Her father ran an
Okinomiyaki cart.

Ranma continued on.....

********

Ryouga had been wandering the town for awhile, "Where the hell am I?"
Looking around frustrated he noticed that all of the signs were in
English. "What part of Japan is this." Even though Ryouga recognized
the language he didn't know how to speak or read English. Since he
didn't go to school, some of those things were never taught to him.

Walking down the street, he spotted a couple heading toward him.
Running up to them, <"Excuse me, Where's Kyoto University?">

The couple just stared at each other. They said something to Ryouga
whom couldn't understand what they were saying. Thinking, `maybe they
didn't understand what I was talking about.' <"Can you tell me where
Kyoto University is?">

They started saying something else to Ryouga. He couldn't understand
a word they were saying. Starting to lose this temper, <"Fine, if
your not going to tell me, you guys can go to hell."> Stomping past
the couple fuming.

The two looked at each other, shrugging their shoulders. "Strange
boy."

*******

"Your father did What?!" Beth couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"My father learning about a forbidden technique threw me into a pit of
starving cats with sardines wrapped all over me. Since that didn't
seem to work he tried it with fish cakes, then herring and finally
anchovies. He didn't read the warning on the back page. The practice
was banned and forbidden to practice because it caused severe
psychological damage. Now I can't even hear a meow, or just hear the
word c....cat without jumping out of my skin."

Beth didn't know what to say, her mind went numb a long time ago. She
couldn't believe that somebody had to deal with everything he went
through. Knowing she needed to clear her head. "Do you mind if I go
to the bathroom."

"No go ahead, You remember where it is right?"

Not saying anything she just nodded as she stood up and walked into
his bedroom. Ranma-chan left alone went to the kitchen. Taking out a
kettle, he poured some water in it. Going over to the stove, he set
the kettle on a burner. Lighting the stove on high.

Beth looked into the mirror, she couldn't believe the story Ranma was
telling her. She decided not to make any quick judgement, even though
his story was too crazy she had to give him a chance. Taking a deep
breath she headed out of the bathroom into Ranma bedroom. Looking
around she found the place actually in order. Entering the living
room she saw Ranma sitting on the floor.

"I thought you would like some tea," offering a cup to Beth.

"Uh, Thank-you" Taking the cup, she took little sips of the hot tea.
The liquid flowing down her body, getting a feel warm all over.
Taking another sip, she sat down in front of Ranma.

Standing up, Ranma-chan with a kettle in one hand looked down at Beth.
Pouring the kettle over his head, he watched the shocked look over
her face as he changed from his female form back to his male form.

The expression on Beth's face was of complete and total shock. This
would have been a good point for her to feint. Ranma sat back down,
"My father read about a place called Jusenkyou out in China. Knowing
it was a forbidden training ground, he took me out there. If he
understood Chinese he would have read that it was actually called The
Cursed Springs of Jusenkyou."

********

"This is all Ranma's fault. He made Akane leave to go to school and
then breaking off his engagement with Kodachi. I can't believe she's
after me now."

Ryouga, not knowing where he was decided to look for a spot to sleep
for the night. Through a park he followed a path that lead through
some trees. Walking through a set of trees he found a little opening.

Stepping into the clearing they're lying on the ground were a bunch of
unconscious men. "Wonder what happened to these guys." Not really
caring he continued on till he was on the other side of the park.

Finding a nice spot to unpack, Ryouga rolled out his mat. Lying down
he looked up at the stars. This was the part of traveling he loved.
Letting sleep take him over, snoring soundly under the clear night
sky.

********

"Ryouga spent his whole life looking for me, something about how I
ruined his life. One thing you have to know is that Ryouga has the
worst sense of direction in the world. He couldn't find his way out
of a bathroom to save his life."

Ranma spent the rest of the night talking about all of the adventures
he had. Explaining how he ended up with four to five fiance's at one
time. Telling about the number of princes that were abducting Akane.
To Ranma if he hadn't lived through these experiences he wouldn't have
believed them himself. His story finally ending with Saffron and
Phoenix Mountain. Even though his adventures didn't completely end,
that was last of his life and death adventures.

Looking up at Ranma tears were forming. Her affections toward Ranma
grew at that moment, his story showed how time after time in an act of
selflessness he risked his own life to save others, including herself.

The sky was starting to grow brighter. Ranma peering out the window
saw the beautiful colors of the sky. "It looks like the sun's
rising."

Beth looked at her watch, not realizing how late it was. Suddenly she
was feeling very tired. "I better get home. I have a class late
afternoon and should get some sleep." Starting to stand up.

Getting an idea, "You can sleep here if you want. You can take the
bed, I can grab my sleeping bag and crash out here."

Blushing, she had some other thoughts of where Ranma could sleep. "I
don't want to be a bother."

"Don't worry about it."

Ranma took Beth into the bedroom, "I have some clothes in the closet
you can sleep in."

Walking over to the closet she looked over his wardrobe, she wasn't
surprised to see that there wasn't much of a selection in the closet.
Reaching out she felt his Chinese shirts, they felt so soft since they
were made out of silk. Taking one out of the closet she headed into
the bathroom to change.

Getting out some blankets and a pillow, Ranma made the bed. With a
sleeping bag and pillow in hand, Ranma went into the living room to
set up his little bed. Feeling a presence he turned around to find
Beth in the doorway. His eyes bugged out at the sight in front of
him.

Beth was dressed in one of his Chinese shirts. The shirt since it was
bigger on her went to her mid thighs. She wasn't wearing any pants so
Ranma could see how long and nice her legs were. The sleeves were
obviously too long, she rolled up the sleeves so it would fit better.
Ranma shook his head trying to get some type of rational thought.

"I hope this was okay. I saw you wearing them. They looked really
comfortable."

Dumbfounded, he just nodded. Not being able to take his eyes off of
her. She was absolutely gorgeous. Living in Japan is was rare to see
somebody with blonde hair. This just added to the exotic look Beth
had. Snapping himself out of his daze, "I made the bed for you."

Walking over to Ranma, "Thank you." She felt really cold, rubbing her
arms, which were starting to get goosebumps. "This room is really
cold. Why don't you go a sleep in the bedroom with me."

"WHAT?! Uhm....well....er..." Ranma didn't know what to say, he never had
anybody ask him that before. Looking flustered, he started sweating
getting beet red.

Beth knowing what she said now was also turning beet red. She should
kick herself for not phrasing that a little better. "I meant you
could sleep on the floor in your bedroom.

Ranma calmed down, with some disappointment shown on his face. What
was he thinking, they just met. Looking up he saw and looked into her
eyes. Those were the eyes of somebody who was honest and good. He
could get lost in her ocean blue eyes. "No that's okay, I'm used to
sleeping out in extreme conditions."

Beth looked at Ranma, with a little hope that he would take her offer.
What was she saying, she just met him. He did tell her his deepest
secrets, she couldn't believe she had that thought in her head. "I
guess I should get some sleep, or I'll never stay awake in class."

"Goodnight, or should I say good morning."

Beth giggles, "Good morning." Turning around she walked into the
bedroom and shut the door behind her. Getting into the bed, she
wasn't used to sleeping on a futon. From the other night, she knew
how comfortable they were. It felt like she was lying on one giant
pillow. Drawing the covers all around her, she looked up at the
ceiling. Reliving everything Ranma told her, she started to cry.
Eventually falling asleep.

Not being able to sleep right away, Ranma was just staring at the
ceiling. He didn't know what to think of Beth. It seemed she took
his curse in stride, but could she really handle it? Eventually Ranma
fell asleep also, dreaming of nothing particular. No dream could
compare to the life he had lived.

********

Ranma woke up, slowly getting adjusted to the light in the apartment.
Turning to look at the clock, "Twelve huh." Remembering Beth had a
late afternoon class, he thought he should go and wake her.

Stumbling to his room, he slowly opened the door. When Beth was in
sight, he just stood there looking at her. He couldn't help, but
gaze. Looking so peaceful sleeping. Deciding not to stare anymore,
he walked next to the bed. Reaching down, he gently shook her
shoulder, "Beth." No movement from her, he shook her shoulder again,
"Beth"

Slowly starting to move, she opened her eyes to Ranma standing over
her. Smiling, "Good morning." Sitting up, she stretched out her arms
yawning. "Excuse me, sorry."

Ranma blushed smiling back, "Well actually good afternoon. I thought
I should wake you."

Looking down at her watch twelve-ten, she had a few more hours still.
She slowly started to stand up as Ranma moved back to give her some
room. She looked up at Ranma catching him staring at her. She smiled
at him, what a nice way for her to wake up. She could get used to
that. Realizing what Ranma was wearing she started to get some
perverted thoughts. Ranma was in a pair of boxers and a tank top,
which hugged to his body. "Do you mind if I take a shower?" `Maybe a
cold shower,' she thought.

"No go ahead I should take one myself."

Walking past Ranma, Beth headed straight to the bathroom. That last
comment did it. She was thinking all kind of perverted thoughts and a
cold shower would do her good.

Ranma just stared not really knowing what had just happened. Turning
around he headed into the living to pack up his sleeping bag and clean
things up.

****

Ranma changing quickly went into the living room where Beth was
waiting. She was dressed in one of his Chinese shirts and black
pants.

"I hope you're not mad, these clothes are so comfortable that I just
had to wear them for the day."

He was just staring at her, he never really had somebody where his
clothes before. Not even Akane wore his clothes, they looked nice on
Beth. "No I don't mind. Are you ready to go?"

Wanting to talk to Ranma more about his curse, but decided to let it
go. He spent the whole night pouring his heart out to her and she
didn't think she needed to pry anymore until he was ready. Even
though hundreds of questions were going through her head, she would
wait till a later time to ask.

Ranma opened the door for Beth as they left the apartment to take her
back home.

********

Walking around for awhile, Ryouga had no idea where he was. He's
never been in this part of Japan before. Starting to get frustrated
he grabbed the first person to pass by him, <"Excuse me, where's Kyoto
University.">

The guy just looked at him, "Do you speak English."

<"Where the hell am I?"> Sensing somebody behind him, Ryouga knew
very well who it was. Turning around Ryouga spotted Ranma walking
with some girl. <"Ranma, prepare to die!!">

********

Ranma was very happy since he's met Beth, and after last night maybe
he's falling for her. Something snapped him back to attention as he
sensed somebody very strong nearby.

Grabbing Beth who gave a sudden shriek, Ranma jumped back. <"Ranma
prepare to die!"> Just as Ranma jumped back a small explosion
occurred. Turning his body to shield Beth from the debris, Ranma
landed and covered up Beth. Wincing as debris was pelting his body.
After the dust settled, Ranma looked up to see Ryouga kneeling in the
middle of a small crater, with his umbrella under one hand. Getting
very excited, <"Ryouga!"> Ranma ran over to him and gave Ryouga a
big hug.

Struggling to get free, <"Hey what the hell are you doing? Let me
go!">

Ranma put Ryouga down, <"Good to see ya old buddy.">

Wiping himself down, <"Yeah, Whatever.">

Beth looked on as a small crowd was gathering around them. She
couldn't believe that one person could cause so much damage. `This
guy actually made a crater in a damn sidewalk. What kind of monster
is he? Why is Ranma hugging him after this guy seemed to want to kill
him?" This was overloading Beth's brain, she just looked at the two,
and not being able to understand what they were saying didn't help
much either.

<"What part of Japan am I in Ranma?">

Ranma just stared at Ryouga with bug eyes. After a little bit, he
collapsed to the floor from shock. Beth ran over to help Ranma up.
Getting his composure back, <"You idiot, you can get lost in a
bathroom.">

<"Shut up Ranma"> starting to get angry.

<"You're in the U.S. you idiot. Didn't you notice.> motioning to the
crowd forming around them <"everyone speaking English.">

Ryouga looked around bug eyed, then collapsed from shock. Ranma ran
over to help him, shaking his head. "No matter where I go they will
follow."

********

Sitting in class, Beth wasn't paying much attention to the teacher.
She still thinking about Ranma's friend, Ryouga. It seemed like he
was trying to kill Ranma and he just shrugs it off. He was actually
concerned with his friend.

********

Beth watched as Ranma was kneeling over Ryouga. He was saying
something to him, but she couldn't understand a word they were saying.
She walked over to Ranma squatting down next to him. "Is he
alright."

"Yeah, he'll be alright." Looking over to Ryouga, "The idiot."

Looking at Ranma then at the passed out boy, "What do you plan to do?"

Looking back at her, "I think I'll take him back to my apartment. Do
you mind?"

"No, I don't mind." Even though that was a lie. She was hoping to
spend sometime with him before class.

"Sorry, he doesn't speak English and he may end up in New York or
something if I don't keep an eye on him."

Ranma picked up Ryouga and slung him over his shoulders as he said
goodbye to Beth.

She stood as Ranma walked away, standing there for a few minutes. She
turned and walked off in the opposite direction.

The crowd just stared bug eyed, wondering what the hell just happened.
Shrugging their shoulders the crowd dispersed still wondering what
the hell happened there.

********

"Okay that will be it for today." The professor started to erase the
chalkboard for the next class.

Jumping up, Beth ran out of the door. She wanted to get to Ranma's to
find out what happened. Soon as she walked out of the building.

"Hey Beth!!"

Looking around, she saw Daryn waving to her. Beth walked over to her
best friend. "Hi, What are you doing?"

Daryn looked around, "Nothing at all." Pointing to Beth's clothes.
"What's up with new duds?"

Getting kind of red, "Oh, I borrowed them from Ranma."

Elbowing Beth, "Alright way to go."

Waving her hands, while shaking her head. "No, No.. it's nothing like
that. We were talking all night and he invited me to sleep on his
bed." Before Daryn could say another thing, "And no he didn't share
it with me. He slept out in the living room."

Looking disappointed, "Oh."

"Anyways, I just met him."

"Oh quit being so innocent." Daryn started laughing along with Beth.
Looking down at her watch, "Oh crap! I have to go, I have class in a
few minutes." Hugging Beth, Daryn turned and walked away. Turning
around she waved, "Bye, have fun."

Beth watched her best friend walk away. She always thought Beth was
such a trip. Turning around she headed towards Ranma's apartment.
Ever since last night she felt some type of connection toward him.
Actually, she hasn't felt this close to somebody other than Daryn and
her family since her ex-boyfriend. One thing for sure was that she
was going to have a long talk with Ranma. This time determined to
find out how he felt toward her.

Lost in thought for awhile Beth stopped as she realized where she
walked into. She was so preoccupied in her own thoughts. It didn't
even occur to her that she walked into the middle of the park. The
same park where she was almost raped. With a determined look on her
face `No' she wasn't going to be afraid anymore. Straightening
herself up, Beth continued walking through the park this time with a
little more confidence in her step.

"I wonder how Ranma and his friend are getting along?"

********

<"This is all your fault Ranma!">

<"How's this my fault? You're the one that has less sense than a head
of cabbage.">

Ryouga started to lose his temper, which didn't take much to begin
with. <"Shut up!! If you didn't chase Akane away this wouldn't have
happened."> With that final word Ryouga attacked Ranma.

Ranma caught by surprise was barely able to dodge the attack. With
each punch he was being suppressed back. Even though he was able to
dodge the punches, they were coming at such a furious pace, he was
beginning to get pinned against the one of his walls. Telegraphing
the punch aimed for his head, Ranma ducked as the punch went through
the wall.

Getting angry, Ranma knew he couldn't fight in his apartment. Even
though it didn't have all of the luxurious items other homes had.
This was still his home and he didn't want some mindless idiot who
didn't know how to control his own anger smashing it up. He knew he
had to get outside. Running toward the door, Ranma opened the door
and jumped out landing on the driveway that ran along side the house.
Quickly he leapt onto the nearest rooftop as he started running
jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

Ryouga quickly followed out the door yelling, <"Come back here you
coward and take your beating like a man."> Ryouga leapt on top of the
roofs following right after Ranma.

********

Beth was looking up to the sky, it was a beautiful day. She was
happy, genuinely happy. Feeling like a schoolgirl again who fell in
love with somebody for the first time.

Stopping, `fell in love?' She continued walking, did she really say
that she was in love with Ranma. Could she be in love with him?
Feeling light as a feather, she didn't know what it was she was
feeling, but she did like it.

Reaching Ranma's apartment, Beth was about to climb the stairs as the
door to the apartment flew open. She was startled as Ranma flew out
the door onto the drive below. She watched as he jumped onto the
nearest house heading in the direction she just came from. Right
behind Ranma was his friend as he was yelling something in Japanese.

She watched dumbfounded as the two were jumping from rooftop to
rooftop. Quickly shaking off the initial shock, Beth looked around
knowing she wasn't going to be able to catch up. Knowing there was no
way in hell she would miss this. "How the hell am I going to follow
those two."

"Hey Beth."

Turning, she saw some guy she knew from school in a pick-up truck.
"Hi,"

"Do you need a ride somewhere?"

"Yes, can you take me to the university as quickly as possible."

"Sure hop on in?"

Quickly getting in, the truck sped off toward the university. Beth
was hoping she would get there in time.

********

The wind was blowing through his hair while the adrenaline rushed
through his veins. He hadn't felt this alive in a long time. Even
though he loved his life he led now, once in awhile he yearned for the
old days again.

Realizing he was running out of rooftops, Ranma jumped almost thirty
feet in the air. Sailing over some street. Almost regretting his
decision as soon as he landed. Looking around, he saw a bunch of
students staring at him. "Shit," he couldn't believe he was standing
on University grounds. Cursing, Ranma shot off, hoping that Ryouga
wouldn't do anything stupid.

Ryouga seizing the opportunity while Ranma was distracted, "Bakusai
Taketsu!"

Ranma nearly dodged the attack as the ground exploded causing debris
to fly everywhere. Luckily there was nobody in the immediate
vicinity. Looking around most of the students were on the ground
wondering what caused the explosion. The look on their faces showed
horror and fright. Which caused Ranma to get angry. "You IDIOT!
There're people around, somebody may get hurt." Not taking anymore
chances Ranma ran into the university hoping that he could lose him
somehow.

*********

A truck pulled up into the university as a large explosion could be
seen just inside campus grounds. Beth quickly jumped out of the
truck, "Thanks for the ride." As she headed toward the explosion.
Reaching the area she saw a crater about three feet wide and a foot
deep in the concrete. Looking around there were many people lying on
the ground, some were crying while others had a horrified expression
locked on their faces. They all were looking in the same direction,
toward the middle of campus. Running as fast as she could, hopefully
she would be able to stop anything terrible from happening.

********

Ranma knew his only hope was to try and lose Ryouga that way his bad
sense of direction could get him lost. He couldn't risk a fight with
him here, there were too many innocent people around. Their fight
could get out of hand and that's something he's not willing to risk.

Running down a walkway, he was weaving in and out of students. Most
tried to get out of his way as he zipped by them. Getting an idea,
Ranma ran into the closest building as Ryouga followed after him.
Running up the stairs, Ranma looked down to find Ryouga getting
blocked by some students. Luck was on his side after all. Giving
Ryouga a smug look, he continued up the stairs to the top floor.

********

"Ahhh, Only the second day of this class and already the professors
sick. At least I can catch up with Beth maybe. Hopefully she'll be
in her room." `I wouldn't be though if I had a chance at a gorgeous
creature like Ranma' Smiling to herself thinking of the possibilities.
She was shocked to find the person she was thinking of running right
toward her. `There is a god after all' In the distance she heard an
explosion, she didn't know what the hell was going on.

Ranma looked to find Beth's friend smiling waving at him. He couldn't
let her get involved in this fight. Hearing an explosion from behind,
he deduced that Ryouga must have been crashing through the walls to
get to him quicker. Not saying anything, Ranma picked up Daryn as a
small cry came from her. Looking around he saw an open window, not
even thinking twice jumped out of the window.

Daryn was shocked that Ranma picked her up with such ease, she was
mortified that he was just about to jump out of a three-story window.
"Are you crazy we're three stories up." As he jumped out the window.
Daryn screamed at the top of her lungs. She was about to die, at such
a young age too. Looking at Ranma, who just had a smile on his face.
`Why did he take me with him, when he wanted to commit suicide.'

Closing her eyes as the end was coming near. Then everything stopped
and she was gently put down on the ground. Opening her eyes she
looked up at Ranma, "Are we dead already?"

Smiling, "No we're not dead. Sorry about that you were about to be
involved in something and I didn't want you to get hurt."

Looking up at the window she fell into shock, "B..bu...but w..we just
fell...th....three stories. H...How?"

Ranma laughed, "Better not to ask, the less you know the better."
Turning to the side, he saw some people who witnessed them falling
from the third story. A expression across their faces. Not being
able to believe a person could land on his feet and not appear
injured. Feeling a bit uneasy, Ranma took Daryns arm and dragged her
out of the scene.

Beth was running when she spotted Ranma and with him Daryn. She
looked white as a ghost and he had an amused look on his face.
Running up to him she stopped trying to catch her breath. Trying to
say something, but nothing would come out. It took her a minute to
muster enough energy to talk. "W..Wh..at the h...hell happened?
Where's your friend?" Getting her breath back "And Why does Daryn
look like she's seen a Ghost."

"Whoah, one question at a time. First, Ryouga got in one of his moods
and started to attack me. I accidentally found myself on University
grounds. I lost him in that building behind me. I'd say it'd take
him a day to get out and then forget about it, he'll be who knows
where. Probably will not see him for another year or so. Finally,
I'd say your friend here is in shock. I just jumped out of a
three-story window with her in my arms. Ryouga was right behind me
and I didn't want her to get hurt."

Just nodding, saying he just jumped out of a three-story window wasn't
as crazy. Some of the other stuff she had seen and heard. Turning to
her best friend, "Daryn are you alright?"

Looking up she realized it was her best friend who was asking her that
question. "Huh, yeah, but how?"

"Don't worry, I'm glad your safe." Hearing sirens in the background.
"I think we should get out of here. The cops are coming."

Getting a little nervous, Ranma picked up the two girls. One under
each arm and dashed off. Heading out of the University. He just made
it off campus grounds as two police cars pulled up. Jumping onto the
nearest rooftop, in any particular direction. "You know what lets get
something to eat. I'm starving." Ever since that night he's been
craving that pizza stuff he ate with Beth. This would be a good time
to have some more of that.

Growing paler, as Daryn realized she was being carried across the
rooftops. She knew one thing for sure. This was going to be an
interesting year.

Beth was feeling great. She hasn't felt this alive in years. More
happened to her in three days than in her whole life. Turning her
head to get a better look at Ranma, she made her decision. The only
problem was, how did he feel toward her just hoping that he felt the
same way.

********

Walking down the hall for awhile, Ryouga passed by the same display
for the fifth time now. He was getting frustrated, not knowing how to
get the hell out of this building. He passed by an oriental student
who looked like he was Japanese. <"Excuse me do you speak Japanese?">

<"Yes">

Getting very excited, <"How do I get out of this building?">

Pointing in a direction, <"Just go down the hall, Then turn Left,
You'll find some stairs. Just follow those till you reach the bottom.
The exit will be to your right.">

<"Thank you very much"> As Ryouga headed in the opposite direction the
boy was pointing. <"You'll pay for this Ranma!">

********

The moon was shining high in the sky; Beth was looking into Ranma's
eyes. She had an unusual day, after they had ate. Which Ranma
inhaled two whole pizzas himself. They decided to go and walk around
town. Daryn was eager to ask many questions about Ranma. Since it
was getting dark they decided to take Daryn back to her room first,

Since she didn't want to leave Ranma just yet, she asked if he wanted
to go for a walk. She really was falling in love with him, but she's
only known him for four days. Looking up into his eyes, those deep
blue eyes. Not really knowing where she wanted the relationship would
go in the future, but she definitely it was going to be a fun ride
there.

Looking down at Beth, Ranma felt a little nervous. He didn't know
what she thought of him. Hopefully she wasn't thinking he was a freak
or something. What about Akane? Was he cheating on her if he went
out with Beth? Did Beth even want to go out with him?

As if his questions were answered, she threw her inhibitions away
reached up and kissed Ranma. His eyes grew big, shocked that she was
kissing him. He kissed Akane once before, but that was nothing like
this. Eventually he settled as he let himself enjoy the sensation of
kissing Beth felt.

They kissed for a long time not really wanting to break it off.
Eventually stopping looking into each other's eyes. Beth was the
first to break the silence. "Ranma, I don't really know where this
will go, but I care for you deeply and would like to give us a try."

Not really knowing what to say, on the one hand there was Akane and
then there was....it wasn't really a hard decision as he looked into
Beth's eyes. He smiled at her, "I would like that."

Excited Beth jumped and grabbed onto Ranma, as she buried her face
into his chest. She was crying, happy that he cared for her also.
Ranma wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to him. He was
happy that he had found somebody who cared for him so much. Moving
out from Japan at first seemed like a mistake, but now he knew that
this was what love felt like. `Did I just say love?' Looking down at
Beth whose face was buried in his chest. He lifted her head up so he
could look into her eyes. `Yes love is what I feel isn't it.'

********

It's been a couple of weeks since that day Ranma cowardly ran away
from his fight. Now Ryouga's in some strange big city. He didn't
have a clue where he was. Looking around people were rushing past
him, in a hurry to get where they needed to go. Huge skyscrapers
loomed over him as he looked at them in awe. This city was way too
busy for his taste, and the quicker he got out the better.

Walking toward him he noticed a girl who seemed very familiar. When
she looked up he gasped in astonishment. She smiled and waved at him.
"Akane?!"

--------------------------------

End of chapter 5

http://www.geocities.com/fanficshrine/index.htm
ran...@yahoo.com

Authors note: Wondering what happened to Akane, Why had she made the
choices she made in her life so far? Well Chapter 6 will deal with
those questions along with some other surprises. Chapter 6 may not be
out for a few months while I try to figure out where I want the story
to go from here. I will be updating the previous chapters changing
the horrendous grammar mistakes I've made. Again C&C are always
welcomed. Tell me what you thought of the story so far. I'm really
interested in your thoughts. Thanks and I hope you enjoyed the story.