[Ranma][Fanfic] Destiny's Wish, Part Three

Mike Koos

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

Ranma strained against Kunou's hold on him. "Fight me!" Kunou
insisted, not yet running on all three cylinders.
The girl-turned boy flailed some more, could almost feel Kunou
groping at his chest... On reflex, he elbowed Kunou in the gut. When
his captor recoiled in pain Ranma reached back, wrapping his arms
around Kunou's head and flinging the swordsman out of the water onto
the concrete. "That's for grabbing me, you jerk!"
While Kunou lay stunned yet again - this time out of water -
Ranma spun through the air and over a fence to get away.
"Hey..." the third-floor window audience resumed their
commentary. "That was Saotome Ranma? Didn't she look a little...
*big* to you?"
Ayumi began to sneak away, hoping that no one would try to draw
him into the conversation. He didn't feel like fielding a bunch of
questions about Ranma right about now; he had to get down there and
help the baka before this situation *completely* brought him down
with it. After all, this was the second time Ranma had prevented
Kunou from carving him up... so maybe he *did* owe her at least one
favor.
"You sure we weren't seeing things?"
Downstairs, Kunou rested spread-eagle on the hard concrete
bordering the pool. To be sure, Ranma's blow had knocked him out -
but for some reason, it hadn't hurt as much as he assumed it would.
He pondered all the events that had happened to him this day.
<That was a man, was it not?>
<...Then that means...>
<She tricked me!>
"You are very clever, my dear girl," he yelled, "leading me on
this wild-goose chase to distract me from Tendo Ayumi. But never
fear, I shall find you! When I do, we shall finish our fight and
then... Tendo Ayumi will *not* be spared!"

Destiny's Wish
Part Three: Secrets, Lies and Missed Encounters
written by Mike Koos

Elsewhere in the courtyard, Ranma had treed himself.
In his rush to get away from Kunou, Ranma scrambled up to the
sturdiest branch at the top of the tallest tree he could find.
Which, given the type of trees in the Fuurinkan courtyard, wasn't
that tall. Out of breath, he took his pants off to wring them dry,
all the while cursing Kunou's stupidity.
<He must be a pervert... he knew I was a girl, so... Guess that
means he's figured out my secret by now.>
"A little careless, aren't you?"
Wait. He knew that voice. "What're you talking about, Ayumi?"
"You really are stupid... diving into a swimming pool in your
condition!"
"You're the stupid one! Bakabakabaka..." Ranma pulled his mouth
wide open and stuck out his tongue at Ayumi.
"Oh?" Ayumi innocently asked. "Then I guess I won't know what
to do with this..." He raised a teakettle of hot water into view.
"...hot water! Guess I'll just throw it away then."
"Ah! No, wait! How can you be so cruel?"
Ayumi was about to reply when he heard the sounds of someone
moving about in completely wet clothes nearby - and it wasn't Ranma!
So unless someone else had decided to take a flying leap into the
pool... Uh-oh. There he was. <Kunou-sempai!>
"Saotome Ranma, where are you?"
Ranma saw him, too. "Here!" Ayumi pitched the kettle up to
Ranma.
"Huh?" But Ayumi was already gone. Ranma eyed the arc of the
kettle; Ayumi had thrown it almost out of his range. Not
intentionally, for Ayumi hadn't had time to aim. If Ranma was going
to catch the thing he'd have to extend his reach, somehow...
Kunou was still trudging all over the courtyard when Ayumi
imposed himself in the swordsman's path. "Kunou-sempai..." Ayumi
readied himself. "Let's fight!"
"So, Tendo, you are not as much of a coward as you would have
people believe."
Ayumi frowned. "You're the only one who believes that, sempai."
"Ah, how small-minded and stubborn you are, Tendo. If you wish
to advance your fate by fighting me, I will oblige you! Once I win I
shall take away everything that does not rightfully belong to you!"
"Shut up and fight," spat Ayumi, standing his ground. <I hope
Ranma appreciates what I'm doing for her...>
However, at this very moment Ranma was attempting to do the
impossible - a balancing act of holding on to his tree branch by his
feet alone, Ranma had barely managed to latch onto the handle of the
teakettle before it escaped his reach. Now, he was trying to pull
himself back to an upright position on the branch, using nothing but
his toes and a rigid body for leverage. <Come on, come on...>
Sword raised, Kunou stampeded toward Ayumi. He brought his
sword down; Ayumi strained, catching the blade between the palms of
his hands.
He couldn't believe Kunou had given him this easy an opening.
Deliberate, controlled fall backward, twist of the sword and...
*there*! Instant catapult. In the end Ayumi had the sword, Kunou
had nothing but air.
Ranma had almost pulled himself up when Kunou landed headfirst,
imbedding into the very center of the kettle. At another time Ranma
might have laughed at the look that passed through Kunou's face...
but his means of reverting back to normal had just been replaced with
the head of a moron.
Numbly, he continued to hold Kunou there a while longer. "Oh,"
Kunou said, turning as much he could from within the teakettle.
"You're that boy from the pool."
"Why are you still like that?" Ayumi yelled from the ground
below. All this trouble for what? Nothing.
"You must know where that girl with the pig-tailed hair, Saotome
Ranma, went?"
Ranma shook his head no. "She puts on a good act, but she runs
and hides instead of finishing her fight with me! No doubt she is
playing hard-to--" Ranma dropped the kettle - and Kunou - before
Kunou could finish his speech.
Kunou hit the ground kettle-first a slight distance from Ayumi,
who still held Kunou's wooden sword in his hands. Almost immediately
Kunou began to tip to one side, steadily toppling to the ground like
a freshly fallen tree. Unfortunately, the creaking sound had been
only in Ayumi's imagination.
As Ranma dropped to the ground Kunou rocked himself upright.
"That didn't hurt."
"You really think you're special, don't you?" Ranma held his
gaze. "Anytime, anywhere. We fight, I win. Come on!"
Kunou took his sword from Ayumi. "Mmm. Never let it be said
that Kunou Tatewaki passes on a challenge. When I win, you shall
reveal to me the location of the fair goddess Ranma!"
<Oh, geez... who's got the bigger ego?> Ayumi sighed.
"Why bother?" Ranma avoided a sword sweep. As a boy, his
reflexes didn't seem as fast as Ranma's true female form, Ayumi noted
for later, although his reach was somewhat longer. "She wouldn't be
interested in you, anyway!"
Since none of his regular tactics were yielding results Kunou
settled for a succession of short yet powerful strikes. "How would
you know what her desires are?"
Ranma vaulted into the air, coming down to perch with one foot
on top of Kunou's head. "Trust me, you don't want to know." He
shifted slightly in order to drop down to the ground, bringing his
other bare foot back across his opponent's face. Kunou staggered
back. He lost his sword to Ranma, who neatly snatched it out of
midair and began pinwheeling it between his fingers like a baton.
"Just so you know... Saotome Ranma is much more skilled and stronger
than I am. Have a nice day, okay?"
"Let's get outta here," Ranma motioned to Ayumi.
"Where to? We're supposed to be in class!"
Kunou stared at the heels of Ranma's retreating feet before
passing out in the grass. <Who......?>

** ** **

Later that night, Naka lay back on Ayumi's bed. Ayumi had
called him into the room to ask if Naka could help with his homework,
but Naka hadn't had much help to offer.
"I hear Ranma saved your butt a few times today," commented Naka.
"Nothing I couldn't handle," Ayumi snorted in response, chewing
on his pencil.
"Then why didn't you?"
"I don't want to talk about it."
"Oh, I get it." Naka grinned. "You're just ticked because a
*girl* finished your fights for you."
The pencil dropped from Ayumi's mouth. "What?"
"That's right. Afraid to admit Ranma's a better fighter than
you are?"
Ayumi searched for his pencil. "That weirdo tomboy? No way!"
Naka let out a laugh only loud enough for him to hear. "You
have to admit she's a good martial artist."
"I don't have to admit anything!" Ayumi spun about in his
chair. "Everyone already knows we've been engaged, and I have a
feeling you had something to do with that! I've already got half the
school out to get me and the other half... well, who knows, thanks to
Kunou! I've got enough problems without having to worry about that
sex-changing tomboy!"
With a loud *whap!* the bedroom door burst open and knocked a
few framed photos off Ayumi's bookshelf and wall. "I wouldn't be
talking if I were you!"
"Ranma!" Ayumi seethed, having started in shock. "Were you
listening in at the door?"
The cursed girl lowered her arms. "No! I could hear you down
the hall!" Neither of the boys felt like debating with Ranma whether
or not that was completely true.
"You *were* pretty loud," Naka told Ayumi. "So what do you
think of the school so far, Ranma?"
She rested against the door frame. "I'd like it a lot better if
that pervert weren't there."
Naka raised an eyebrow. "You mean Ayumi?"
"Him too."
Both Ranma and Ayumi turned their backs to each other, putting
on airs. "Hmph!"
Naka took on a feline grin. Oh, yes, this engagement was going
to be loads of fun...

** ** **

After school the next day, Naka used the back of his fist to
knock on Ranma's bedroom door. The sign there *did* say 'Please
Knock,' after all. "Ranma? You decent in there?"
"Uh..." he heard her say. "I was just about to change clothes,
but... okay. Come in!"
Naka hesitated, then opened the door.
Ranma was doing her best to make the room look like it belonged
to her. She had precious few possessions after a life on the road,
however, and as a result the room more or less resembled a
newly-rented apartment. The only real furniture in the room was a
makeshift desk, chair and chest of drawers. For a bed Ranma used the
roll-out bed she'd used on the road. If she hadn't been fairly broke
Naka figured he could get away with selling her a few odds and ends.
Though Kasuga was supposed to take her to the shopping district
sometime this afternoon to pick out a few things for her and her room
- the last time Ranma had been to the shopping district she hadn't
had much time to look around - and Dad planned to get her some better
furniture later on.
She looked a little out of place in her brand-new Fuurinkan High
girls' uniform - a light blue jumper worn over a button-up white
shirt with puffed-out sleeves, white socks and white lace-up tennis
shoes. Naka guessed he had let himself get used to only seeing her
in her Chinese outfits. Maybe now that would change.
"Here," Naka handed her the envelope he was holding. "Kunou
wanted me to give this message to you."
Ranma took the envelope and read it aloud. "To Saotome Ranma,"
the ornate script on the envelope read. What, was he trying to
impress her with his writing skills? "What's it say?"
"I never read others' mail," shrugged Naka.
"Come to Lot No. Two on the Fuurinkan High School grounds at ten
A.M. on Sunday."
"I'll bet it's a challenge!" Ayumi spoke up from the door. "He
*does* think you skipped out on that fight with him."
Naka took a seat in the chair. "Yeah, he's a sore loser, all
right."
"Right," seconded Ayumi. "You gonna accept?"
Ranma sighed. "I'll think about it. Could both of you leave me
alone for a little while? I really need to change out of this
uniform."
Ayumi smirked. "Serves you right. I knew they weren't going to
let you get away with wearing anything else to school."
"Get out!" she ordered Ayumi. "And next time, KNOCK before you
come in!"

** ** **

Sunday morning found a brisk wind shifting through the Fuurinkan
High grounds... and Ranma, outfitted in what she considered to be one
of her fighting outfits - another two-piece Chinese suit hemmed in by
a thick black sash and wristbands.
Her arms were at her side; until Kunou became a threat she felt
comfortable enough leaving her guard down. Call it overconfidence,
but she felt she was fully prepared for any move Kunou might pull.
"I'm glad you've come, Saotome Ranma."
"Yeah, skip it. Let's just get this over with."
No response. "Forget your wooden sword, huh?"
Kunou shrugged off the jab. "I do not need it."
"Pretty sure of yourself, aren't you?"
"You misunderstand, my dear," Kunou merely smiled. This alone
caused Ranma's mind to go on alert. "I have not summoned you here to
fight. No, I have a different purpose in mind..." He wound up for a
pitch, then threw a blur Ranma's way, moving almost too fast for her
to make out.
She raised an arm to catch it.
It was a bouquet. A bouquet of red roses.
Kunou turned to leave. "Let it be known from this point on: I
love you." He meant it, too.
Ranma no longer knew what to say or do. She fell to her knees,
her black hair and clothes fluttering in the wind... amidst a trail
of rose petals, swirling around her before disappearing to parts
unknown.
"I love you."

** ** **

<'I love you!'>
Ranma screamed herself awake.
<It was...... a nightmare?> And wow, what a nightmare it had
been!
No boy had *ever* told her he loved her before. Besides which,
she had led far too much of an independent life to consider such a
thing as a relationship. If Ayumi had told her he'd loved her from
the start, she either would have ignored him - or slapped him silly.
She was a highly skilled student of the Saotome class of martial
arts! She had no use or time for love, particularly the advances of
a guy who was potentially the biggest moron and pervert at Fuurinkan
High. This 'schoolboy crush' wouldn't be nearly as bad if the
schoolboy in question weren't also a skilled fighter and a pompous
jerk who insisted on imposing his own control over the entire school.
Ranma had spent the whole night's sleep tossing and turning,
imagining Kunou Tatewaki in one form or another telling her how much
he loved her and couldn't live without her, drowning her in a sea
that took shape from a dissolved Kunou, those same three words
breathed everywhere she turned... being smothered...
<'I love you.'>
<No.>
<No way.>
<Never!>
She looked around. The sun was filtering in through her room's
small windows, and there was a bird or two chirping away somewhere
nearby.
Morning. Had the nightmare lasted *that* long?
Ranma rubbed the back of her neck and yawned. Time to get up,
get ready for school... and another meeting with that... that moron!

** ** **

Another school day, another school run.
Ayumi saw the look of determination fixed on Ranma's face and
was surprised. Now that she actually *looked* like a girl, uniform
and all, she did seem quite a bit cuter to him. Not that he was at
all interested in her, of course. But that expression... her face
was unreadable.
She hadn't said much after returning from her meeting with Kunou
- why hadn't he bothered to shadow her? - and had locked herself in
her room for the rest of the day. She'd almost passed on her supper.
Ranma, pass up a free meal? Not likely.
So what had happened to make her act like that? If Kunou had
called her out to fight and she lost, that would explain her
behavior. But even a tomboy like Ranma could see Kunou's moves
coming a mile away... plus, she didn't have any new bruises or
anything that might require an excuse to visit Tofu-sensei. No, it
had to be something else.
The gate crew was gunning for both of them now, so Ayumi had
suggested a run-and-plow straight through the middle of the morning
crowd.
To which Ranma hadn't said a word. It wasn't like her to give
in without much of an argument, either, though this time he kept the
thought to himself. Was she sick or something?
He glanced at her peripherally. Ranma's uniform dress billowed
behind her as she ran, and her trademark pigtail bounced into the air
every now and then, but she showed no signs whatsoever of hesitation.
Which was a good thing, because they were almost on school
grounds.
Many of the guys pouring through the gates to get a head start
on greeting them carried Kendo practice swords or other weapons. No
matter, for Ayumi and Ranma, side by side, plowed through them anyway.
Aside from the usual threats, some of the guys actually seemed
to be *hitting on* Ranma. "Ranma-chan! Why don't you ditch the
loser and we'll show you what REAL men are like?" She used her
backpack to bat all of them away in one swing. This startled Ayumi;
he hadn't seen her remove the pack from her back.
<According to the schedule, Kunou should be here right about...
*now*.> Indeed, Kunou was making straight for them. "Fight me!!"
Not about to take his eyes from his opponent Ayumi missed the anger
flashing through Ranma's eyes.
They took him out with a perfectly synchronized drop-kick to the
face and went back to running. "What'd you do that for? I don't
need your help!" yelled Ayumi.
"I wasn't helping you, baka!" Ranma yelled back. She despised
the lot of them, Ayumi's welcoming party and their grand leader, Mr.
Supreme Pervert himself. They were all making her very, very sick.

A foreign object landed on Naka's desk.
It was a panda. Not the living, breathing type, such as the
kind Mr. Saotome transformed into... but the stuffed type. The
'cute' type with the goofy smiles, stubby limbs and ribbons all tied
up in a bow that Naka didn't care much for looking at. A girl's
stuffed animal, in other words.
He stared at the panda for a second then up at the person who
had dropped it on his desk. "What in the world is this?"
Kunou was embarrassed enough that Naka wished he'd had a camera
handy to capture the blush rising in Kunou's cheeks. "It's a
present."
"For me?" Everyone knew the famous Tendo Naka sarcasm well.
"You shouldn't have!" Instead of waiting for a reply, Naka took a
fair swig of his boxed soybean milk.
Kunou took the bear back. "Whoever said it was for you?
This... I... I plan to give to my beloved, Saotome Ranma..."
In one instant he learned never to stand near Naka and say
anything when the Tendo boy had a drink in his hands. Fortunately,
none of the others in the classroom happened to see Naka's spit-take
into the other's face - or knew better than to laugh at Kunou
Tatewaki. "Just great. You know how much these milk boxes cost?"
Naka shook the box to see how much of the milk was left.
Kunou held his tongue, the last drops of Naka's soybean milk
dripping away from him. Tendo Ayumi may have been expendable but
brother Naka wasn't. There was value in employing Naka's services,
after all.
"So you've fallen for her, huh? I had a feeling that was the
case. I've got something here you might want..."
Kunou's eyes narrowed. He had a feeling Naka was about to make
up the cost of his silly milk box... and then some. "No more of
those pencilboards, I trust?"
"Oh, I'm sure you'll like these much more than pencilboards."
Naka pulled five snapshots out of his bookbag and laid them on his
desk in a rough circle.
Each shot was of Ranma. Some of her in bed or changing clothes,
another of her relaxing and one of her helping Kasuga around the
house. None of the pictures had Ranma looking directly at the
camera; Naka had done all his picture-taking in secret. Buying that
camera was finally going to pay off...
He caught the look of interest as the other clutched the
snapshots to him. <Hook, line and...> "No damaging the merchandise
unless you plan to buy it."
"How much?"
"3,000 yen for all five." (1)
"Very well."
Naka counted the bills to make sure they were all there. He
knew he would never be able to live down the embarrassment if Kunou
shortchanged him and managed to get away with it. "Tell me
something. You've been trying to come up with a girl out of all the
girls in the school to be your love, right? So why pick Ranma?
Isn't she a little too skilled and strong for you?"
"On the contrary. She is exactly what I am looking for.
Strength in both will and physical nature. I can have any girl I
want, when I want. But what use is it to me if I am not challenged?
I must have a girl whose love and hand I can fight for!"
<Better settle in, then,> thought Naka. <'Cause if you want
Ranma's love, you're in for a LONG fight.> Naka, on the other hand,
stood to make a great profit offering Ranma-related items to Kunou.
<Wonder how much he'd be willing to pay for a lock of Ranma's hair?>
Better still, no one said the hair had to be from Ranma's head or
even *real*...

During lunch period Naka paid a visit to Ranma and Ayumi's
classroom. Ayumi was the closest to the door, talking with two of
his friends - Daisuke and Hiroshi, if Naka remembered their names
correctly - so Naka called him over.
"Yeah? What do you want, big brother?"
Naka glanced at Ranma, over at the other end of the room in her
seat; her back was turned to them. "Tell Ranma Kunou wants to meet
her by the fire escape down in front."
"What for?"
"Who knows? Just tell her, okay?" With that, Naka left.
<Great. Now I'm playing messenger.> "Ranma? Hey, Ranma!"
Ayumi tried to get her attention.
Ranma turned around in her seat as Ayumi approached. "What?"
"Naka says Kunou wants to meet you by the fire escape out front
right away. Don't ask me why; I don't know."
She hesitated. "Could you take this one for me? I've got some
homework I wanna catch up on."
"But..."
"It's no big deal. Probably another fight. All you have to do
is beat him up and come back before the bell. Simple, huh?"
Ayumi straightened. "You sure? What if Kunou calls you a
coward for not showing up?"
"Doesn't bother me. Who'll believe him anyway? This IS Kunou
we're talking about here." Ranma shrugged.
"I guess..."
Only after Ayumi left the classroom did Ranma look up. She
couldn't tell him *why* she was avoiding Kunou, could she? He'd
never let her hear the end of it.
Still, Ayumi was correct. Avoiding a fight wasn't right.
Normally, she wouldn't let anyone else get away with calling her a
coward... and Dad would go ballistic if he found out she was letting
someone handle her fights for her.
She had to be there, regardless of how she felt about their
mutual foe.

"I asked for Saotome. Not you! Where is she?"
"She's using this time to do some work," answered Ayumi.
"That's why she asked me to come in her place. Now, what do you
want?"
"You will accord me the proper respect as everyone must, Tendo."
Ayumi bit his lip. "Yeah, okay, what do you want, *sempai*?
Did you want to fight?"
Kunou stared at him for a few seconds in an attempt to make up
his mind. "Ordinarily I would not hesitate to oblige you. For now I
have no choice but to allow you to deliver my message."
Either this was a new tactic, or... "What message?"
"This." Kunou placed his stuffed panda present into Ayumi's
arms.
Some message. "What am I supposed to do with this?"
"I want you to deliver it to Saotome Ranma."
Ayumi snorted and tossed the panda back to its owner. "Forget
it. She wouldn't want it."
"You will deliver it, Tendo Ayumi. She is my love now, so any
claims you have to her are no more."
Oh, good. Kunou had the wrong idea yet again. But at least
he'd given Ayumi a good clue as to Ranma's behavior. What if that
Sunday meeting hadn't been for a fight, as everyone believed, but was
Kunou's way of expressing his love for Ranma? It was the best
explanation he'd heard so far to explain Ranma's odd behavior. Ayumi
didn't blame her; if he had been a girl and Kunou told him - ah,
*her* he loved her, he'd feel sick, too.
To avoid listening to Kunou Ayumi willed the little noises all
around him to grow louder... the soft flap of a bird's wing, his own
foot against gravel... yet Kunou's voice drowned them all out.
"Before you deliver this present to my beloved, you will answer one
question. Who was that boy from the pool and the tree the other day?"
"A friend of Ranma's," Ayumi turned to leave without the
present. "He's nobody."
"He is a nobody, all right. A nobody that aids you in keeping
me away from my beloved!"
There was no arguing with him. Ever. "Forget it. I'm not
going to stand here and argue with you."
Ayumi made it around the corner before Kunou attempted to get
him to come back. He didn't reply. Why bother? The longer he
talked to Kunou, the worse his headaches became.
"You must be quite afraid of me to run away so quickly," Kunou
followed. "Stand and face me as you were told!" Any minute now he'd
draw his sword and start chasing Ayumi all across the school
courtyard. "You, who wish to keep me from the woman I love! How
dare you walk away from me!"
Oh, well, Ayumi had come fully prepared for a fight. Only he
hadn't expected Kunou to press the tip of that stupid wooden sword to
his throat. "Turn and face me, you cur," he snarled, "or prepare to
meet your end." Ranma still had the bruise at the base of her neck
from when she first faced Kunou, and the sword hadn't even come in
contact with her. Ayumi had no intention of findind out whether or
not Kunou would have any reservations keeping him from decapitating
another boy.
<No sudden moves. Do as he asks.>
Ayumi turned.
"Since you do not listen to reason, you shall listen to my
wrath! Prepare yourself!"
This Ayumi had already done. He ran in to sweep Kunou's feet
out from under him. The Kendo champion leapt back to avoid the
sweep, then forward to try to counterattack, bringing his sword from
the ground up in a diagonal slash. Ayumi flipped over the blade,
allowing it to slice through the body of a tree a foot away. Too bad
he didn't have any of Ranma's fancy tricks to fall back on.
For her part, Ranma had finally gathered the nerve to wander
onto the battlefield. She peered around the edge of a granite field
marker. <I missed the beginning of the fight?>
"When I defeat you, you will relinquish all claims on my
beloved!" Kunou was yelling. <Thanks a lot! Announce it to the
whole school AGAIN, why don't you?> She caught herself. According
to the two friends she had made since starting school - an unusual
pair named Yuka and Sayuri - there was already a boatload of rumors
circulating around the school about her and Ayumi, though she hadn't
heard any of them. The last thing she needed was for people to start
rumors about her and the *other* jerk over there!
"Okay, so if I defeat you, you'll give up on her?" the Tendo
boy jumped over a sword thrust, then grabbed the blade and used it to
steady himself while he kicked hard with both feet directly into
Kunou's chest.
<What does he think he's doing!?> wondered Ranma.
Kunou reeled to one side. The blow sent five small squares of
paper flying out from Kunou's robes.
"Huh?" Puzzled, Ayumi grabbed one of the papers. It was a
color photo of Ranma from behind, changing her shirt. How had Kunou
come into possession of this picture? And if this one picture was
bordering on etchi, then the rest of the shots...
In Ayumi's confusion Kunou saw an opening and reacted. "*Ha*!"
he exclaimed, blade striking Ayumi's side.
Ranma's eyes went wide.

(...to be continued...)

---------------
Footnotes:

(1): According to a WWW currency exchange convertor, at the time of
writing 3,000 yen comes to about $24.20 US.
---------------
Credits:

Written by: Mike Koos
Pre-readers: Artemis & Luna, Richard Beaubien, David Wills, Tom
Williams

With apologies to Rumiko Takahashi...

All parts of this series available at the RAAC archives at
ftp://ftp.cs.ubc.ca/pub/archive/anime-fan-works
or from my WWW pages at
http://www.mother.com/~makoto/stories.htm
Comments and questions welcome.

* Mike "Ranma Saotome" Koos * "I can do nothing to stop you. Your
* (AKA "Makoto Kino") * background music is too strong for
* Internet: mak...@mother.com *
* * - Whose Line is it Anyway?
WWW: http://www.mother.com/~makoto/stories.htm