[RANMA][Fanfic] The Least One Can Do - Part 6

OneShot

Aug 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/17/96

Jeffrey "OneShot" Wong

Ranma 1/2:The least one can do 6

Editor's notes:You must read the first five parts in order to get what's
going on. Otherwise, you'll just end up confused.

(Opening scene: It is three in the afternoon. We are in front of Furinkan
High School. We hear a bell ring, signifying the end of the schoolday.
We see a whole mob of students flood out into the courtyard, each one
going their own seperate way, some saying behind to say goodbye to their
friends before leaving. We see two figures emerge from the mob of people
and walk out through the front gate. We realize it's Akane and Ranma.)

Ranma:(Hopping up onto a fance)Where's Nabiki? I haven't seen her all day.

Akane:See told me she had to stay after school for some extra help.

<Flashback>

Nabiki:Akane, you and Ranma can go on home without me.

Akane:How come?

Nabiki:I want to stay after school so I can get some extra help. That's
all.(Thinking)Besides, I want to leave them alone so they can sort things
out.

<End of flashback>

Ranma:Akane, are you still angry? You know....for what happened this
morning.

Akane:Me.....no, I'm fine. Why should I be mad?

Ranma:That's true.....It's not like we're real finacees or anything.

Akane:............

(Silence follows as the two walk home. Neither one says a word to each
other for several long moments. As they walk, Ranma doesn't seem to be
paying too much attention to Akane, his thoughts elsewhere. Akane seems
sad, but doesn't acknowledge it to Ranma. After they were halfway home,
the silence is broken.)

Ranma:Are you hungry?(Thinking)Maybe if I take her somewhere to eat, it'll
help makes thing a little better between us. I guess I have been acting
a little bit different for the past few days.)

Akane:(Getting mad)Why? Are you hungry?.......shouldn't you be already
full after eating Okyou's okonomiaki.

Ranma:That's not what I meant.

Akane:Then what was it you meant? The only time you and I go out to eat is
when you're hungry.

Ranma:Forget it then......just forget I ever asked.

Akane:(Realizing she must've hurt Ranma's feelings)Ranma.

Ranma:What?

Akane:I'm.....sorry. I didn't mean to say that.

Ranma:Lets just forget about it.

Akane:...............

(The two continue on home, neither saying a word. We see the two walk up to
the front gate of the Tendo's home. They both enter, Akane entering first
as Ranma holds the gate open for her. Akane notices that Ranma has been
acting a bit nice to her, but doesn't know why. She doesn't really care
though. She seems to be enjoying the attention Ranma's giving her. As the
two walk up towards the house, a little piglet emerges from nowhere. We
realize it's P-chan. P-chan scurries through the front yard and hops right
into Akane's open arms.)

Akane:(Hugging her piglet tightly)P-chan, where have you been the past few
days?

P-chan:Bwee......(Sees Ranma and gives him a dirty look)Bwee!

(Ranma ignores the pig. He knows hadn't done anything to him for several
days. He knew it was P-chan's lousy sense of direction that kept him from
showing up at the place for the past several days.)

Akane:(Looks at P-chan)What's wrong P-chan?

P-chan:Bwee!

Ranma:Hey, what's wrong with him?

P-chan:Bwee(Struggles to get out of Akane's arms so he could bite Ranma)

Akane:Why're you struggling like this, P-chan?

(P-chan frees himself from Akane's arms and lunges at Ranma, rage in his
eyes. Akane is unaware that P-chan was still fuming over what Ranma did to
him several days ago. Ranma casually punts the pig into orbit.)

Akane:Why'd you do that!?!

Ranma:What do you mean why'd I do that?!? Ryo.....your pig was trying to
bite me!

Akane:So what?!? How dare you hit my sweet little P-chan!?!(Takes out a
mallet)

(Ranma sees Akane take the mallet out of nowhere. He takes a step back
waving his arms in protest. Akane takes a swing at him, which Ranma barely
avoids. Ranma, realizing Akane is seriously trying to hurt him, in a fit of
rage, kicks the mallet out of Akane's hands.)

Ranma:Enough! I've had enough of your mallet!(Rememebers how mad he was when
he got out of that fountain a day ago) I've been meaning to tell you
something about you and your ways!!!

(Akane becomes furious when she realizes Ranma just kicked her mallet out
of her hands....her favorite mallet.)

Akane:Ranma...no...BAKA(Punches Ranma into orbit)

(We see Ranma soar high up into the sky, disappearing after several miles
up. After a few moments, we see Ranma enter the orbit again, plummeting
towards the terra firma. He lands, once again, in a familiar looking
fountain. Ranma, now in female form, surfaces.)

Ranma-chan:That's it!!! I've had enough!!!

Shori:Had enough of what?

Ranma-chan:(Not even realizing Shoriu is behing him)I've had enough of
Akane! I can't stand that kawaiikune tomboy!

Shori:Who's Akane?

Ranma-chan:(Noticing Shori)Uh......hi Shori.

Shori:Hiya Ranko. What was it you've had enough with? Who's this Akane?

Ranma-chan:Uh...nothing. Forget about it.

Shori:(Offers her hand)You should get outta that fountain and outta those
soaking wet clothes. You'll catch a cold. You're welcome to change at my
house if you'd like.

Ranma-chan:Really?

Shori:(Smiling warmly)Sure, what're friends for.

Ranma-chan:I better not. I don't want to impose.

Shori:Impose? No, you won't be imposing. I'd love to have you come over
again. It was so fun the first time around, you know, when we both went out
to the mall together. And then, when you walked me to my school.

Ranma-chan:Are you sure?

Shori:Of course I'm sure(smiles sweetly)

Ranma-chan(Thinking)God, she has a beautiful smile. I wish Akane has a smile
as nice as hers(Says out loud)Jeez, what am I thinkin'?!

Shori:Excuse me?

Ranma-chan:Uh, nothing. Nevermind.

Shori:Are you all right? You've been actin' a bit weird.

Ranma-chan:(Scratching the back of his head)I have?

Shori:Yeah, it seems like something's on your mind.

Ranma-chan:(Smiles weakly)Well, I guess you could say that.

Shori:(Takes Ranma-chan's hand)C'mon, we can talk about it on the way to
my house.

(Ranma notices how delicate and soft Shori's hand was to his touch as the
two head for Shori's home. On the way there, they come across a group of
guys. They were the same guys that Ranma had beaten up not too long ago at
Shori's school. Ranma-chan gives every guy a dirty look as they pass them.
they contiue towards Shori's house silently. As they were nearing Shori's
house, Shori speaks up.)

Shori:Do you remember them? They were the same guys you beat up.

Ranma-chan:Yeah, I remember beating them up at your school.

Shori:(Stops)Excuse me? What did you say? I could've sworn you said you
beat them up at my school.

Ranma-chan:(Not realizing what he's saying)Yeah, don't you remember?

Shori:I can't recall you ever coming to my school aside from the time when
you walked me there.

(Ranma-chan finally realizes he's supposed to be playing Ranko. He was
totally unaware that he was in female form, even if he was soaking wet. His
thoughts were on Shori, which hindered his thoughts of who he was supposed
to be and what he was supposed to know.)

Ranma-chan:Uh....I....uh....got into a fight with them after you went in.
(Thinking)Yeah, that's a good excuse.

Shori:Hmm, that's strange. They were in my class when I got there. They
didn't even have bruises.

Ranma-chan:Uh...can we please drop the subject? I....uh...prefer not to
talk about fighting.

Shori:Sure, consider it forgotten.(Smiles)

Ranma-chan:(Sighs as he thinks to himself)That was close.

(The two continue on towards Shori's house, Ranma obviously a bit relieved
that that was over with. The two arrive at Shori's, and they enter.)

(The then two immdeiately head up the marble stairway towards Shoir's
room. Inside Shori's well furnished room, Ranma changes out of his clothes
and into Shori's clothes while Shor waited outside. Once again, Ranma
noticed the clothes were actually loose on his body.)

Shori:(knocking)Have you changed yet?

Ranm-chan:Yeah, you can c'mon in now.

(Shori enters the room)

Shori:I gave your clothes to the maid. She'll have them dry in no time. But
untill the meantime, you're stuck wearing my clothes, whcih seems to fit
you quite nicely(Smiles)

(Ranma smiles weakly. He doesn't like the fact that he is wearing women's
clothing. But there was nothing he could do.)

Shori:Are you doin' anything? I was wondering if you'd like to go out and
get some food.

(Ranma wasn't too hungry. Afterall, he ate a sandwhich and an okonomiaki
earlier. He looks at Shori for a moment and notices that she is looking back
at him intently. he knew that Shori was hoping he'd say yes.)

(Ranma, unable to look into Shori's beautiful eyes and refuse, simply nods
his head and smiles. there was no way he could refuse. besides, why would
he. He enjoyed being with her, unlike Akane who kept harrassing him. He
actually enjoyed her company.)

Shori:That's great! I'll treat.

Ranma-chan:You don't need to treat. I have enough for myself. Thanks
anyway.

Shori:(Remembers)I should've known that already. You said that last time,
you know, when we went to that restaurant after the carnival.

(Ranma thinks back to that time, which had taken place only a few days ago.
he could recall that day perfectly. That was the day he had met Shori, a day
he would never forget.)

Shori:(Grabs hold of Ranma's hand)C'mon, I know the greatest place where we
could go.

Ranm-chan:Where?

Shori:We can goto that Chinese restaurant across town. The Nekohanten if I'm
correct. I heard the ramen's great.

Ranma-chan:(Beads of sweat forming)The Nekohanten? I...uh...we can't!

Shori:Why not?

Ranma-chan:(Starting to sweat)Uh...I can't....um....the owner......hates me.

Shori:Hate you? Why would they hate you?

Ranma-chan:I got into a fight with the owner's daughter, Shampoo.

Shori:He he, you seem to get into fights everywhere you go. I guess we
better not go then. how about this place called Ucchan's. I heard the
okonomiaki's great.

Ranma-chan:Can't go there either.

Shori:Let me guess, fight?

Ranma-chan:Um...yes....a fight.

Shori:Is there any place you can goto?

Ranma-chan:Yeah, I guess I can goto a restaurant anywhere in this town.

Shori:(Runs out of her room, dragging Ranma with her)Oh, I know the greatest
place where you and I can go.

Ranma-chan:(following suit)Where?

Shori:That chinese restaurant where we first ate out together, you know,
right after the carnival.

(The two leave Shori's house, heading towards the chinese restaurant
that they both ate at a few days ago. The two enter. An hour passes by and
we see them emerge again. It's now evening. Ranma-chan and Shori, finished
with eating, head down the street towards a nearby park. They come across
a familiar looking bench. They just sit and enjoy the sunset in the distant
horizon, just like the first time they had met.)

Shori:Ranko.

Ranma-chan:(Still looking at the horizon)Yes?

Shori:Remember we sat here a few days ago, and I asked you if you thought I
was pretty?

Ranm-chan:Yeah, I remember.

Shori:Well, I never really told you this, but I'm realy glad you and I met.
Ever since I've met you, my life has been getting better and better.(Smiles)

Ranma-chan:You know what, same here.(Smiles back)

(The two together look towards the horizon, enjoying the sunset. Ranma sighs
to himself, and leans back against the bench, closing his eyes. Shori leans
back also, her head resting against his shoulder. She was imagining she
was with Ranma, imagining she was leaning against his shoulder, not not her
friend, Ranko. Ranma was about to place his arm around Shori's shoulder
until he realized he was in girl form. He didn't want people getting the
wrong idea. He sat there, his arms at his side as Shori rested her head
against his shoulder.)

Shori:Ranko, I think I better get goin' home now.

Ranma-chan:Same here.

(Ranma and Shori got off the bench, Shori giving Ranma a big hug and a
thank you.)

Shori:Thanks, Ranko. I had a lovely time. We should do this more often.

Ranm-chan:Yeah, I was about to say the same thing.

Shori:Well, goodbye.(Leaves for home)

Ranm-chan:Bye.(Turns around and heads towards his own home)

(Ranma heads home, totally unaware that he is still wearing Shori's
clothes.)

<End for now>

Well...there's yet another fanfic. I hope this story interesting
so far. First off, I'd like to say that these characters were created by
Rumiko Takahashi. I would never infringe or take credit for any of her
works. Please e-mail me if you have comments. I hope these developement
stories are a good change from all those zany fanfics you're so accustomed
to. If it isn't, then I'm sorry if I disappointed you. I'm sorry for any
spelling or grammatical mistakes. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this
so far.

P.S.-If you want any of my other fanfics, just ask.

Jeffrey "OneShot" Wong

<Bye>