[Ranma][FanFic] Also a Part...

Christopher Angel

Nov 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/6/97

"Also a Part..."

A sequel to Andrew Huang's "I am a Part..."

----------------

Hey, how's it goin'? I see you've talked to that wimp that calls
himself a part of Ranma Saotome. Well, I'm also a part of Ranma
Saotome. The better part. The part that everyone loves and hates. The
part you see the most.

That other jerk calls me an abrasive idiot. HA. Well this abrasive
idiot's the guy with four chicks in love with him. Top that, Mr.
Sensitive. Sure, I annoy Akane, but lets get real, she gives as good as
I do, and I can't help but like her for that.

Oh? You're suprised that I admit it? Don't be. I c..ca..care for
Akane, just as much as that other wimp does. He likes to think that
he's the one who makes us fight for her. Yeah, right. He's the wuss
who gave up when it looked like Akane loved Shinnosuke. I'm the one who
won't let her go. I'm the one who puts our pride down the drain to
carry out some scheme or another.

Now, everyone probably thinks that I'm mean to Akane because I'm just a
jerk. Well lets get one thing straight: SHE STARTED IT. Whenever I
insult her cooking, I'm trying to tell her something that I can't say on
my own. Sure, I eat like a vacuum and are quick to compliment Ukyo and
Shampoo's cooking, but lets be real, they can cook, Akane can't. And I
like her that way.

Sure, they're better fighters too, one on one, but I doubt Shampoo or
Ukyo can take on fifty guys at once, even those saps we have at my
school. Be honest, do you think I'd let myself get my butt kicked by
Akane on a regular basis if I didn't care for her in some way? She
likes hitting me, so I let her. Plain and simple. Besides, once wimpy
finally gets around to telling her how I feel, I'm going to train her to
kick Shampoo's, Ukyo's, Kodachi's and anybody else's butts. She's got
more potential than those three put together.

There are times wimpy and I agree. Saffron, for example. That was
probably the only time we've ever completely worked together. When we
saw her body like that after the fight, it was me, more than him who
screamed. Me, damning myself for fighting that other part far too long,
far too much.

And then, everything was back to normal. Wimpy never understood how
glad I was to have everything back to the way it was. While he was
crying, I was cheering. But even then, I knew, something had to change.
I had to let go of the old times. I had to let wimpy take control.

As I speak, wimpy...no, I shouldn't call him that. He has as much
strength as me. He's telling Akane how we...how _I_ truly feel. As I
listen to what he says, I quietly take control. He's said his part, now
there's something I have to say.

***

"Akane...there's more I have to tell you." Akane didn't hear him, she
was lost in the joy of what she had just heard before. Ranma said it.
He said he LOVES her. "AKANE! Please, listen!" She turned, and saw
the earnest need in his eyes.

"I know I always call you a kawaikune tomboy, and I insult your cooking,
and I say all those other things," Ranma said. Akane growled, but
stopped when she once again saw the tears Ranma was now fighting. "You
have to remember, Akane, no matter what I say, it doesn't matter. I
don't care if you can cook. I don't care if you're a tomboy, and I
never really thought you were kawaikune. I love you, Akane, even when
I'm being a jerk." He paused for a long moment. "Please, whatever I
do, whatever I say, remember that."

***

We are Ranma Saotome. Apart no longer, we are unified in one thing.
We...I love Akane Tendo.

--
Christopher "God-boy" Angel
cja...@mail.usask.ca http://www.engr.usask.ca/~cja124