[Ranma][Fanfic]Cooling Off

Emily Siazon

Jun 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/24/97

"COOLING OFF"
A fanfic by Emily Siazon.
All characters are owned by Rumiko Takahashi.

Ranma sat on the porch and sighed. It was a hot summer day and the
sun seem to have taken off all his energy. He wished he could splash
himself with cold water but he had made a bet with Akane the night
before that she was going to lose her temper and send him to low earth
orbit before he changes to a girl.

On the upside, Akane hadn't hit him all day. The heat was
unbearable though, so he had to win quickly. He grinned as he wiped his
forehead with the tanktop he had worn earlier that day, an idea on how
to quickly end the bet forming on his head.

"Hey tomboy, can you hand over some of that lemonade?"

Akane gave him an icy glare as she handed him his glass but didn't
comment.

"You know, if you keep doing that, your face might freeze that way."
He said jokingly as he drank the whole content of his cup in a matter
of seconds.

His smile quickly vanished as he caught sight of the object that
suddenly appeared on Akane's right hand.

"You wouldn't!" Ranma exclaimed, his eyes growing wide.

"Oh, really?" Akane asked in a sweet voice as she filled up her
water balloon.

Ranma quickly stood up and started to run off with Akane close
behind.

"Get back here!" Akane hollered between giggles as she started to
chase after him.

"Hah!" Ranma exclaimed with a grin, "You're too slow to catch me!"

"That's it! Evil sorcerer, prepare to feel the wrath of Akane
Tendo!" She yelled in mock anger as she threw her balloon which
would have hit him had he not jumped onto the fence.

"Uh, oh." Akane muttered as she realized her mistake.

A predatorial gleam appeared in Ranma's eyes as he jumped off and
gracefully landed on the grass. "It's payback time."

Akane quickly ran off, but apparently not quick enough as Ranma
held her by the shoulder.

"Now what shall I do with you, hmmm?"

His mouth dropped in shock as he heard a sniffle coming from her.
<Is she crying?> He wondered as he quickly let go of her, totally
confused. Weren't they getting along only seconds before? Had he
unknowingly insulted her again?

She slowly turned around, her face streaked with tears. She looked
vulnerable and sad, her eyes sparkling with unshed tears.

"H-Hey! I was only joking!"

As Akane caught sight of his panicked expression, her face broke
into a wide grin.

Ranma saw the smile and thought, <Now what? Man, I just do NOT
understand women.>

"I see you've fallen for the Tendo Secret Technique of crying
pathetically to make your opponent feel guilty!" Akane exclaimed as she
started to run away from him again.

"What!?" Ranma asked as he got over his surprise. "You call that a
technique?"

"Oh,like the Saotome Secret Technique of running away until you
think of something to do is any better!" Akane said as she stopped and
stuck her tongue out.

"An opening!" Ranma exclaimed gleefully as he lunged after Akane
with the intent of using his anything goes tickle attack.

She saw him coming towards her and dodged just in time. Ranma's
eyes widened as he saw the area behind Akane he was going to land in.

"Oh no!" He yelled right before he fell in the koi pond with a
resounding splash.

When Ranma-chan resurfaced, she found a hysterical Akane on the
ground laughing uncontrollably while saying, "Baakaa!"

THE END
AUTHORS NOTES:
Hope you enjoyed this one. The idea just wouldn't leave me alone
until I wrote it and I was bored so...
In case you didn't notice by now, I'm one of those people who
believe that Ranma and Akane are destined for each other. I blame this
belief from repeated viewings of Sailor Moon ^_^
Send all comments and criticism to <emi...@bellatlantic.net>