[Ranma][FanFic] Unfolding Destiny Book 1: (Parts 1 - 11)

Richard Marshall

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
This is a fanfic in the works that can be seen at
main:
http://members.aol.com/knightdrg1/

Original:
http://www.macol.net/~marshall/

mirror site:
http://members.aol.com/mythosex/

Ranma is owned by Vis Communications, Rumiko Takahashi,
and other subsidiaries.
C&C Is welcomed. knigh...@aol.com

Unfolding Destiny

by Richard Marshall (DK)

Part 1

Beginnings

Ranma awoke in the early morning chills; his heart still
wavering from the night's cool air. "Its.. c-c-c-c-cold" Her
teeth chattered more than spoke in its wake. It was cold. So
cold that the schools were shut down. . . of course this part
of it did not bother the students of Furinken high, more so
the ill gotten flu that accompanied such coldness. Genma, a
panda sleeping comfortably on his futon next to Ranma,
which was not too happy, too see her father's form.. Mainly
because to get into it he splashed himself and Ranma while
he was sleeping... "Stupid old man..." she mumbled before
getting up.

Ranma walked down the stairs and looked around.. It
was still too early for the sun to come up and so it seemed all
were still resting in their cozy beds. Ranma sighed softly and
went to the bathroom to warm up. She slipped off the shirt
and shorts he normally wore to bed, since he *thought* the
futon was warm when he went to bed and should stay warm
till morning till Genma ruined that plan as well.

She burred and shivered at the cold water she dowsed
herself with. Making sure to clean up before going into the
furo. "Awwww....." His voice cracked to normal as he sank
into the tub.. Basking in the warmth of the bath. His eyes
drifted to the window of the bathroom and look out of it..
the morning snow flowing onto the ground and the stars
barely visible through the clouds. "It seems so peaceful..."
he said to himself enjoying one of the few moments of peace
he really got, out side from the *boring* school days he
endured. At times like this his thoughts went to Akane.. She
was there now. He choked back a feeling.. and sank into the
tub.. "Akane..." he whispered into the steam.

= = = = = =

Akane awoke to the sound of someone walking in the
hall. ~It must be Ranma~ She thought to herself. She had
seen Genma fetching the pale of water after Ranma had went
to bed. She really hadn't slept too soundly for the past week
or so. ~It was the cold~ she had given that reasoning to
herself. But something inside her had told her that that really
was not the true answer but it was suffice, and she did not
dwell on it any further.

Lately her nights have been filled with thoughts of
Ranma. Although she protested the engagement, and all the
insistings of her Father. Something was making her think of
him. It seemed so strange. After a year or so she had Ranma
in her life and wanted him rid of... But now.. Now is
different, she could not think of her life without him.. Not
with out Ranma...

= = = = = =

Later that morning Ranma realized he had fallen asleep
and let the whole room steam up. "Aw man.." he said as he
tried to determine the switch to the steam fan.

He froze when he heard the door to the bath open...
Then he saw the figure walk in slowly feeling its way
through the mist to the switch, behind Ranma. The closer it
got the more sweat appeared on his forehead.. He was a deer
caught in the headlights of a Semi.. Frozen...

He saw a hand reach out and touch him in the chest..

She gasped as her hand touched flesh.. the Steam barely
outlining the body before her.. Ranma stumbled backwards
and hit the switch allowing the steam to leave the room
quickly. Ranma's eyes widened as her face became clear
from the steam.. and froze from another startilization.

She watched his face and chuckled softly "Oh
Ranma..." She leaned in for a kiss and he watched
helplessly.. Their lips pressed together lightly....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blublub................!!!!!

Ranma awoke in the tub sputtering and coughing...
"Aw man, I coulda drowned or something.." He said
standing shaken from his realization. His mind drifted to the
dream and touched his lips "That felt weird. Usually I can't
feel in my dreams.. at least not like that.." He mumbled.

= = = = = =

Ranma walked to the table settling down next to Genma,
Kasumi smiles and set his plate before him "Good morning
Ranma" She said.

"Morning Kasumi" he nodded back before he began to
shovel his food into his mouth. Akane watched slightly
sighing before finishing her meal.

"Honestly Ranma, At least you could eat like you
weren't starving." Akane said as she stood. Ranma looked at
her a moment, as if to say something and stopped short
remembering his dream. Akane saw his expression and
walked to the dojo "I'll be waiting for our morning Spar
Ranma, if that is OK with you.." Curiosity was riddled on
her face as she left.

= = = = = =

Ranma finally walked into the dojo, he saw Akane strike
the pile of bricks before her, shattering them with her brute
strength. "I'm here Akane." She jumped and turned quickly
to him. Sending a kick to his head. He ducked and slipped
past her as she struck out with a hand.

"Come on, Ranma if we are going to spar, you are
going to have to make an offense" She emphasize *offense*
with a quick sidekick, which he side stepped away from.
She felt her heart pound in her chest while he sat there calm
and cool. ~Alright Ranma... Here we go!~ She said to
herself as she quickened the pace. He dodged her attacks
easily and made her mad. "HiYAaaaa!!" She screamed and
hit him square in the jaw sending him reeling back
"Baka...." She spoke as she watched Ranma fly across the
dojo.

Ranma Flipped around correcting himself as he flew.
With a smirk he looked to Akane "You got a hit harder tha---
" His words were cut short when his foot landed on a barbell
and it slipped from under him. "Ahhh..!" He yelped out as
he fumbled backwards. His eyes dilating slightly and with a
nasty *thrack* he struck his head on the Barbell rack,
throwing his head forward into unconsciousness.

"Ranma!!!" Akane ran to his side, and looked down at
the bleeding Ranma on the floor. "Oh no.... What have I
done?" She knelt down and placed a hand on his chest
feeling his heart, it was fading.. "KASUMIII!!!!" She
Screamed "CALL DR TOFU!!!".

= = = = = =

Ranma slowly began to waken.. His eyes focusing
slowly on the over head light. Other than the light the
throbbing pain on the back of his head was the first thing
that he could afixiate on. He sat up and laid back down when
a dizzy spell hit "Wh..Where am I?" He said groggily.

"Don't worry Ranma, you're in my office." A familiar
voice said to him as the light dimmed.

"D-Dr. Tofu?" A gentle arm held him down as he felt
the doctor checking him out

"Yes Ranma, it seems you had a nasty accident and you
have a small laceration on the back of your head with a slight
concussion, but it will be all right in a few days"

Ranma looked at Tofu and nodded. He heard something
and turned his head to see Akane sobbing silently, mouthing
"Ranma, I'm so sorry" Over and over.. A small smile
presented itself to his face and saw Akane look at him... Her
eyes locked in his a moment before sighing in relief.

At that moment a large explosion boomed over Tokyo,
shaking the clinic. "W-w-w-what was that-t-t-t" Akane's
voice stuttered as the vibrations through the floor jarred her
body. Ranma slid across the room and his eyes whirled
uneasily.

Tofu held onto Ranma's table before he hit the wall
"Whoops." Tofu said keeping Ranma's head from hitting the
metal guard.

= = = = = =

**** An earth shattering explosion in middle Tokyo
was established to be an unexplainable natural phenomenon,
Police has sanctioned off what appears to be the center of the
bl+----.. Nabiki clicked off the Video of the news coverage.

"Un explainable hmmm?" she sad to her self "I bet it
was one of their many experiments.." A knock came at the
door.

"Dinner's ready Nabiki" Kasumi's soft voice came
through the door.

= = = = = =

Ranma was the last one at the dinner table, his head
supporting an ice pack to his head. Drowsily he put the food
in his mouth and chewed carefully the ringing of pain shot
through his wound but the pain was dying slowly. a night's
rest is what he needed and wanted. So he left the table and
went to bed.

Akane watched Ranma feeling guilty for this mornings
accident although Ranma insisted he was alright, she and the
others knew he was hurt bad. Dr. Tofu told her that the
injuries he had sustained would have killed any other person
were it not for his high constitution he would have too. He
didn't tell Ranma this he did not want the boy worrying over
it, that would definitely flare it up.

Nabiki kept tabs of everyone and knew Ranma would
be ok by Monday, this being Saturday, that is a fast recovery
of the loss of blood and the almost brain damaging shock
Ranma went through.

A knock came from the front door, Kasumi answered it
with an "Oh my.." which caught everyone in the living
room's attention. Kasumi led a very messed up Ryoga who
slumped onto the ground.

"D-Doc?" Ryoga groaned as he fell into
unconsciousness. Soun Quickly dialed the all too familiar
number.

= = = = = =

Dr. Tofu looked at Ryoga's injuries and began to
bandage the lost boy's arm. "What happened?" Tofu looked
to Akane whose mind was startled out of reverie with his
question.

"I-I-don't know. . . He just knocked on our front door
like this." Akane said shaken.

Ryoga's eye opened up half way before he breathed a
long sigh "I *am* alive..."

Tofu's eyes turned back to Ryoga hearing the
realization. "Now look, try not to move too much until I get
some more bandages on you" Tofu said as he restrained the
boy from sitting up. As Tofu wrapped Ryoga's other arm he
looked to him "Tell me what did this to you"

"Ex-plosion." Ryoga heaved out. Tofu and Akane
gasped. "Too strong." Ryoga's eyes blurred a moment "Ho-
ido, Ga-mei" *gasp* "too strong..." Eyes closing slowly as
the pain washed over the medication "...."

"Hoido Gamei?" Akane questioned more to herself than
Tofu.

"Gamei Hoido, I believe he was saying" They both
turned to the door where Nabiki stood. Her sister and the
doctor ready to ask her questions shut them up with a quick
finger to her temple. "Yes, one Gamei Hoido, a martial artist
that , in all fairness is a good fighter, more like a god of
fighting." She looked at Ryoga's semi charred form "looks
like that `unexplained' event in middle Tokyo is now solved
for the Tendos, Soatomes, and one Hibiki."

They looked at her and Tofu said the next word
breaking the thought filled silence "I see.." He looked back
at Ryoga and administered more pain killers/ "That explains
the chi burn effect on his body."

They all heard the door to the clinic open and gathered to
see a battered Mousse holding a what looked like a sleeping
Shampoo. "Please, Dr. Tofu" Mousse pleaded "Help
Shampoo.. The old ghoul was not able to reverse the sleep
spell that unearthly creature put on her.." They all blinked.

~A spell even the old crone wasn't able to cure?~
Akane's mind whirled. Tofu from behind her, walked
around Akane to guild mousse to a gurney where he could
check them both out.

Feeling a bit out of place and with a little added words
from Tofu, Akane and Nabiki headed home.

= = = = = =

As Akane walked pass Ranma's door she peeked in on
him. He was sleeping quietly curled slightly on his side. She
smiled softly and walked in. Gently tucked the covers over
him before leaving the sleeping boy.

"You know Akane, these times when you actually
show kindness to Ranma seems to tell me that you like him."
Akane froze at the voice and slowly turned around to look
into the cool face of her sister leaning against the wall.

"What are you talking about Nabiki?" Akane retorted.

Nabiki sighed "You know as well as I, that you love
him." Her cool face never letting up. With a red face and a
sour look Akane stormed to her room.

"How would *you* Know?!" Akane said as she
slammed the door.

Nabiki winced slightly, not at the door but her words.
The Coldness of her persona. Everyone thought it went right
down to the core, and now her sister even felt that way, it
seemed.

= = = = = =

Monday rolled around and Ranma was at the clinic
waiting for his check up by Dr. Tofu. "Akane, I said I feel
fine." He spoke to the dark haired girl on his left.

"So?" She looked at her. "You still *need* a check up"
Akane said facing the pigtailed girl. ~*Girl?* When? How?~
She sighted irritably "When did *this happen?" She said
motioning to the red head's figure. She had dragged Ranma
here behind her and didn't notice the change. Could be due
to Nabiki's words on Saturday shook her enough that she
was avoiding looking at him much.. Not wanting to give her
sister the knowledge she was keeping from herself.

"That old lady cleaning the street..." Ranma said
sullenly.

"Geez, you always get caught by her dontcha?" She said
teasingly.

"Come on Akane, *You* were the one who dragged me
in front of her!" Ranma retorted and Akane chuckled.
"Huh?" ~Whats she chucklin' `bout?~ Before she could say
anything about it Mousse walked in and sat down in front of
the both of them.

"Mousse, What happened to you and Shampoo" Akane
Asked the blind boy.

"A Man named Gamei Hoido ran into the Nekohanten
and took up Shampoo in his arms." Mousse Spoke with
uneasiness "He looked at her eyes and dropped her saying :
"your eyes show me you are not the one": and she fell
asleep". With Remorse he continued softly "I tried to fight
him but he was too strong for me.."

"Gamei Hoido? Thats the same guy that beat Ryoga."
Akane's mind reeling. "What do you think he is after?"
Akane questioned and Mousse shrugged.

"Whoa Wait a minute, some guy attacked you,
Shampoo and Ryoga?" Ranma Said confused.

"Thats right Soatome." Mousse looked to his rival.
Silence echoed between the three of them. The creaking of
wood broke their steadfast looks and they saw Ryoga
holding the door open, his right eye bandaged and patched,
with his right arm in a sling.

He slid into a seat next to the window "I think I heard
him say he was after some woman." Ryoga said half
muffled by the gauze on his jaw. "I heard you guys talking
so I walked in here.. took me a few minutes to find the door
again." He answered their unphrased question and nodded,
with that eye out of commission he is definitely hopeless.

"What kind of girl?" Ranma Said looking through her
red bangs at the taller Ryoga.

Ryoga shrugged "A strong girl, that what I remember."
Her cute voice peaked from the door and yawning she
stepped in. The lavender haired amazon still stifling the
yawn as she sat down.

"Tea anyone?" Dr. Tofu walked in with a tray and set it
on the table "Now Shampoo, I told you not to over exert
yourself, you know that if you fall asleep again you will be
for a very long time." Shampoo nodded and sighed as she
leaned back. Oh and Akane, as to what Nabiki said about
Gamei Hoido... He is a god." He said seriously. "I looked
him up in my library."

Ranma's ears slightly perked listening to the story Tofu
was about to begin.

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 2

The silence:

Ranma stared at the ceiling of the Tendo dojo, his head
rested on his enfolded arms. The shadows danced slowly as
the cars drove by. "What am I gonna do?" He asked himself.
"If he goes after Akane I don't think I can beat him.. He
sounds a little tough.." With a snort he sat up "what am I
saying, of course I can take him!" The manhood inside
showed confidence but his all too familiar feminine side had
her doubts. Ever since his curse was put apon him he felt an
eerie presence deep within a different voice in his head that
understood Akane in a way and yet didn't.

His door opened and a voice called "Ranma. Dinner will
be ready soon. Better come and get it while its hot Soatome"
Nabiki's voice was ever so charming. "Oh and Ranma
talking to yourself is a sign of weakness."

"Shut up Nabiki!" His retort came out a bit too harsh
than he would have liked. Nabiki smirked ever so slightly.
~Thats gotta be bad.. Nabiki smirking has gotten me
into trouble.. Especially in the wallet department~

= = = = = =

As Ranma sat at the table his eyes looked to Akane a
moment then looked away as she peaked out the side
of her eyes at him. She smiled inside but the smile never
made it out before he grabbed at his father's pickle
~honestly~ she thought.

Ranma sat quietly for a moment as he ate and listened to
the music in his head. Ever since that accident where he
thought he was girl for a day, a slight humming that was his
female half's voice cradled his mind at times when he either
thought of trouble or when he was just feeling down or
lonely. It always seemed to know what notes to hit to make
him feel good inside and it was working, his nervousness
about Akane needing to smack him was gone and he felt
peace. That was until he looked at Akane and she looked
straight at him with a smile "Wha..." his mind went to
mush.

"Ranma.. would you kindly *let go* of my *dress*."
Her assertiveness made him let go of everything even his
chopsticks. That was when he realized that he had her skirt
under his palm and against the table holding the edge up
slightly. He had been in his dreamy state long enough to
mistake her skirt for a napkin.

"I...I..." ^Whak!^ Stars were the last things he saw that
night.

= = = = = =

As the mourning sun arose Akane was up in the kitchen
once again trying her hand at her cooking. Being over seen
by her sister Kasumi, she smiled softly at the misshapen
omelet she was preparing.

"What's for breakfast Kasumi dear?" A sign peaked into
the kitchen door.

"It'll be ready in a moment Mr. Soatome, please have a
seat at the table/" Kasumi replied with her usual attitude.

The sign flipped around with the word "Alrighty" on the
reverse side before it vanished out into the hall way.

Ranma peered in with a slightly puzzled look and began
to walk to the front door before Akane stopped him. "where
do you thing you're going Ranma?" She questioned him.

Ranma froze slightly and looked to her. "Just going or a
jog Sheesh Akane." His nonchalant response came out
almost perfect.

"Oh, really? You thin---" She began as a horrendous
shattering blow came through the wall and an arm latched
onto Ranma's head. "K.....?" She looked to a man carrying
a huge hammer of marbled granite strapped to his back his
face clearly in a smirk as he dragged Ranma in.

"Ah, here she is." His huge arm cradled Ranma's head
before he grabbed the back of his head with one hand and
his face with the other. Akane , Genma, Soune, Nabiki, and
Kasumi, watched shocked both at the man's size and his
manhandling of Ranma's body. With an audible rip he
tossed Ranma, who seemed unharmed by the ripping and a
second look to the man revealed that Ranma's female half
stared at the male half in disbelief. Then as it hit her the man
departed, her body wracking in pain as the cells in her body
began to solidify the sorrowful look on her face as she knew
her time with the male half was severed. Ranma glimpsed
this in her face before the figure and the female half vanished
before all their eyes.

= = = = = =

A very cold and wet male Ranma stood in front on the
bathroom mirror. His disbelieve and happiness over this
"cure" was not shining brightly. After the incident Genma
suggested him trying to see if the curse was lifted. Here he is
staring at himself in the mirror, wit a frown splayed across
his sullen face. His mind ever so cluttered with the female's
dispirited demeanor. Her lost voice, one he never thought he
would miss, was gone. Gone... A tear came to his eye and
slowly made its way over his eyelid, traveling down his
cheek and into the still water in the sink.

= = = = = =

Akane watched quietly from the partially opened door.
Her silent figure unnoticed by Ranma as of yet, she saw the
face he was making and his cure did not make him
completely happy, in the least it was mournful in
appearance, if she didn't know better she might think he
missed the female side of him. She knew all the remarks and
remembered him hating his body and being a girl half the
time but in any case she saw his mood and it seemed so
transparent. "Ranma?"

Ranma started and looked at her "What do you want
Akane" Defiantly wiping his cheek.

"Are you alright?" She said knowing that he might not
answer truly.

"No..." He said much to her surprise. "She's gone.."

"I now the curse is gone, Ranma."

"No, *she* is gone." He looked turned to face her.
"Her voice, her smile, the way she felt.. All gone." Akane
stood there dumb-founded.

*blink-blink*

"Its silent...silent in my head without her.. like a part of
me isn't there any more."

Akane's eyes began to water slightly and realized the
face that the female gave to the male was given for a reason
and the fact that Ranma's heart yearned for the female
side..the way..the way she wanted him to yearn for her, of
course she would never admit it, made her sadness even
more nagging. "Then.. then we'll find her.." She said, his
eyes gave a sign of hope but his face never let the ray
through the clouds of despair.

= = = = = =

Ranma went to bed early that day, But in his restless
night sleep was with out a doubt not going to happen. His
garbled head still trying to find the girl he had in his head.
He still remembered being in girl form but his touch with
why he did things in that state were quite lost.

Some time between midnight and one Ranma decided to
head to the dojo. As he passed Akane's door he noticed it
was cracked open. Quietly he opened the door ever so
slowly. He saw her buried in the pillow and her arms hung
off the sides. If he looked hard enough he could of figured
out she was awake, but it was too late. "Snuck in again
Ranma?" her voice came in a whisper.

"ah... No I uh.. Saw your.. door open and I uh..." His
mind hurled the words to his mouth.

"Oh so an opened door is an invitation?" Her anger
grew.

"No!" he retorted "Thats not it at all!"

"You pervert!" She threw a pillow at him and he dashed
off fearing a mallet. he ran down the hall and turned a corner
blindly. And into the bathroom where he slipped into the
cold bath with an instinctive reaction he reached for the hot
water tap and stopped.. He was still a guy. And the old term
"Never gonna be a girl again" became so blatantly clear to
him. Not that being a girl was that much fun, it was the part
he lost.

As he stood silently, a towel wrapped around him and
he turned his head to see who it was. It was Akane and she
stood there looking to him, the moment of silence dragged
on. with a blank stare his words were gone from his head,
she just gathered him up and took him into the living room
where he sat on a pillow as he dried. "Thanks for the towel,
Akane"

Akane blinked and nodded slightly. "You're welcome,
Ranma.." They sat looking at each other, blinking seldomly....

To be continued

= = = = = =

Part 3

Through the looking glass

Ranma eyes opened slowly.. "Ohh, what happened?"
her voice cracked in a slight pain. "Where..am I?"

"You're home, my dear" A voice came from the dark
corner of the room, which with it's dark reds and blues
made the ancient decor darken the shadows even more.

Her eyes strained against the shadows trying desperately
to see the one who spoke.. "Who are you?" Her question
was soft.

The figure slipped into view, wearing a simple blue
kimono, she was a girl no older than Ranma was. Her silken
blue hair shimmering slightly from the candles as she walks
to the edge of the bed "I'm Kyoko" She smiles as Ranma
extended her hand.

"I'm--" Ranma began.

"Sakura" She finished as she took the hand and kissed
the back of it.. Ranma's face twisted slightly in confusion.

"Ranma" She corrected. "Where am I?"

"You are in the master's domain"

"Gamei's?" Ranma pieced together and Kyoko nodded.

Ranma looked around for a moment, ~ No windows...
Weird place..~ sighing she flopped back onto the pillows
and Kyoko stood up.

"I am needed elsewhere.." Kyoko stated with a smile
and left.

= = = = = =

Ranma woke up the next morning with a bright flash of
light in his eyes. "Ah!" he felt something slip off of his chest
and caught it instinctively it was Akane's head. She was
awakened by the flash too.

"NABIKI!!" Akane exclaimed standing up and facing
her sister.

"Now this is interesting" In her flat tone as she looked at
Akane and Ranma. They looked at each other and back to
Nabiki.

"How much for the photo..?" Akane said half heartedly.
She didn't realized that she fell asleep and the fact that she
was in Ranma's arms all night, this made her feel warm in
her heart, but dismissed it somewhat to continue the
bargaining.

"Well, It was surprising to say the least to find you two
like this.. and what would the others think? Hmm" Nabiki
spoke and looked to Ranma.

"How much Nabiki?" Akane asked again getting
impatient with he sister.

"Hmm.. I'll let you know." Nabiki turned and walked
off, leaving a slightly steamed Akane.

= = = = = =

Later that day Ranma and Akane were walking home
from shopping for Kasumi. Ranma un characteristically
walking on the sidewalk not the fence slightly behind Akane.
The trip had been mostly silent between them. Occasionally
they would look at each other but looked away after only a
moment.

Ranma soon found himself staggering and fell to the
ground with a thud. Akane looks to Ranma in concern
"Ranma..?" She knelt down beside him, when he doesn't
get up, she picks him up and races to the clinic.

= = = = = =

Ranma felt like he fell a few hundred feet and pulled
himself up slowly.. "What the.." He saw a mirror, but not
his reflection.. He saw the strange room of ancient decor in
the mirror and spun around. Ranma-chan sleeping on the
bed silently. He approaches and sure enough in her sleep she
was humming.. Barely heard but it was there and Ranma
smiled softly then was startled when the door opened a blue
haired girl came in and awoke Ranma-chan. "Miss Ranma
Its time for breakfast" It seemed that the girl knew Ranma-
chan but he has never seen her before.

"Ok Kyoko..." She got up Yawning behind her hand
and blinked slowly. "I'll be out in a minute all right?" She
stretched and Kyoko nodded and left.

= = = = = =
Ranma screamed as he awoke.. His eyes wide and his
hand at his chest.. After a moment he looked around.. it was
Tofu's office and the Doctor looked at Ranma concerned.
Ranma's signs had been so low for the past hour he
rechecked and they were normal... "I don't know what
happened..." Tofu began and Ranma looked up at him.
"You are all right now.. so I'll give you some herbs to help
settle your nerves." Ranma nodded. "I'll ask Akane to keep
an eye on you incase this happens again.." Tofu let the
sentence linger as he went to the back and came back to
Ranma a minute later "Here these should work."

Akane walked in then and looked at Ranma and sighed
with relief. "Ranma... Is he ok Doctor?"

Tofu nodded "He's alright Akane, I want you to keep an
eye on him." Akane nodded and looked to Ranma who got
up. "Lets go Ranma."

= = = = = =

As Akane and Ranma neared the Dojo Akane turned to
Ranma "You ok?" She looked over to him. "I mean you've
been quiet.."

Ranma nodded and smiles assuringly to Akane. "I'm
Fine Akane.. just feeling .. weird" Akane nodded.

They entered the House they met everyone in the front
room over looking the pond. Genma and Soun busy with
one of their many Go games and Kasumi reading quietly
with Nabiki calculating something at the table. As Ranma sat
at the table Akane took the stuff into the kitchen and began to
put the stuff away.

= = = = = =

Kyoko and Ranma-chan sat at the table much like the
Tendo's and for this place it looked out of place. Ranma-
chan seemed comfortable at this table than the huge one that
was on the other side of the room. Kyoko smiles and stands
getting more helpings for Ranma-chan. Ranma-chan ate
some of the rice before her and sighed ~I miss the old me~
placing the chop sticks down. Kyoko Sat down with the
extra pickles.

"Done Miss Ranma?" Kyoko asked as she refilled
Ranma-chan's glass.

~Kyoko is nice though, I wish she would stop with the
"miss"~ Ranma-chan smiles and nodded "Say Why don't
you just call me Ranma?" She asked.

Kyoko thought and shrugged "Ok Ranma" She took a
bite of pickle "I just thought you liked it"

"It really makes me feel awkward" Ranma-chan said
standing. "by the way.. Where is Gamei? I mean he brought
me here but he's never around."

"He's is in his study where he usually spends his
days..." Kyoko said.

"Oh..." Ranma-chan sighed and placed her head in her
arms. "Is there anyplace where I can train?" She looked up
to Kyoko. ~Might as well get something done.~

Kyoko nodded "Yes, this way m.. Ranma." with this
they stood and went to a nearby room that held a medieval
looking dojo. The walls had a lavishly and intricately painted
dragon that encircled the room. At one corner swords
bokkens and shintos were hung. Near the swords an old
training dummy hung in its place. Barbells and other fitness
gear some of which were so old Ranma-chan could not
figure out what they did, were in another corner. She smiled
genuinely at the pads set up and dashed to them and began to
unleash quick strikes. Roundkick, side kick, spin hook kick
that raced the devise and it shuddered as Ranma-chan began
to hone her skills.

Kyoko watched this and went to the back to change our
of her kimono and stepping back in revealing a short sleeved
white shirt and pants with a silver belt tying it off at the
waist. By this time Ranma-chan had begun her Tenshin-
amaguriken attack. As her hands flew. Kyoko went to the
training dummy...

*KRACK* KRACK *KRAKACK!*

Ranma-chan jumped at the sounds and light show.
Spinning around "Wha..?" She blinks when she saw the soft
hum of a glow emitting from the girl, slightly giving a
silhouette to the girl's body under the uniform. Kyoko
turned around and the light grew and Ranma-chan saw that
the glow was specifically coming from Kyoko's hands. She
quickly looked at the training dummy that..~Wow.. the
things powder ...~ Ranma-chan's eyes wide and then shook
out of it. "You're a martial artist?"

Kyoko looked at Ranma-chan and smiled "Yes Gamei
taught me the Flaming Tiger style."

~If he can teach that.... I wonder if Ranma and the
others can get me home...~ Hope was fleeting at the
moment...

= = = = = =

Ranma sat in the dojo, quietly meditating on his katas.
His eyes closed and the dojo quiet. Akane walked by a
couple times during the hour keeping an eye on him as Dr
Tofu asked of her.

Within Ranma's mind played the events of the dream.
out of body experience. It felt strange and the pressure
coming back was terrible on the mind.. left him with a huge
Excedrin sized head-ache. Which didn't help considering the
mild concussion he received a couple days ago. Then as his
head hit the floor and his limp body laid on the floor.

= = = = = =

*KRACK* KRACK *KRAKACK!*

He jumped straight up as he was settling into the
dreamstate Kyoko had let loose her attack. Ranma-chan spun
around "Wha?" Ranma's eyes followed his counter part's
and saw the girl.. her beauty was great and he shook his
head as Ranma-chan spoke "You a martial artist?"

He watched as Kyoko smiled at Ranma-chan and replied
"Yes Gamei taught me the Flaming Tiger style." Ranma's
eyes got big as he saw the dust on what appeared o be the
lower half of a dummy ~Wowsers..~

He saw the look in Ranma-chan's eyes too and knew
they thought the same. And he saw a smile on Ranma-chan's
face and thought a moment ~This Kyoko seems nice~ and
stepped closer to Ranma-chan and Kyoko. Kyoko was
smiling back most innocently and walked to Ranma-chan.
Ranma-chan gave her a look and challenged "How about a
spar?" Kyoko thought a moment then nodded.

They squared off a opposite ends of the hall and nodded
to each other signaling their readiness to one another. By this
time Ranma had chosen a seat so that he could see
everything. Ranma-chan let out a simple kick and Kyoko
dodged and picked up the pace with a round kick that
Ranma-chan blocked.

After 15 minutes the spar was up to a pace that Ranma
was smirking at. He hadn't found any sparring partners to
go this far but it looked like they were having fun...
Ranchan let out a kick and Kyoko dodged. Kyoko sending
out a punch, Ranma-chan ducks and sweeps, Kyoko falls on
her rump with a small oof. Kyoko soon was back on her
feet.

Close to an hour later, tiring their strikes came slower
and with a mix of weariness and lethargy Ranma-chan
roundkicked and Kyoko stuck a foot out to block, Ranma-
chan and Kyoko fell to the floor Ranma-chan on top. Their
faces showing the tiredness of the girls, if the breathing
wasn't an indication. After a moment of looking at each
other Ranma-chan rolled off of Kyoko. "Sorry.. Didn't
mean to use you as a cushion."

"No problem Ranma." Kyoko replied. Ranma-chan sat
up and looked at her self in one of the mirrors checking to
see how tired she must look and gasped turning to the area
Ranma sat. Seeing nothing she rubbed her eyes and looks at
the mirror again. Ranma was confused ~.. Did she just look
at me?~

Kyoko went to change and Ranma-chan got up. She
looked at the form of Ranma in the mirror but when she
looked he was not there... Kyoko came out "We need to take
a bath." She said this while taking Ranma-chan's arm and
taking her from the training hall. The distraction was just
enough to make her forget the current thought for the
moment and went with Kyoko. Ranma got up to follow...

= = = = = =

Ranma sat up quickly.. The dojo walls solidifying into
view as he felt a hand on his forehead. He looked to see who
it was and saw Akane with a concerned look. "Are you ok?"

He nodded "Yeah, just dozed off I guess." She wasn't
happy with that but let it by for now. Akane helped Ranma
up and to his room where he fell onto his futon. "Thanks.."

She sighed softly and turned to the door leaving him
alone for now. "Face it.." Nabiki's voice came from her
open door. Akane looked in.

"Face what?"

"Don't give me that Akane."

"What do you mean?" Akane took a step towards
Nabiki.

Nabiki smirked at her sister and held out something.
Akane took it and looked at it gasping. It was a picture of her
sleeping in Ranma's arms. "That's what I mean."

"I..Its not what it looks like." Akane began.. Nabiki
nodded nonchalantly.

"Sure sis.." Nabiki's voice dripping with sarcasm.
Akane huffed and left the room.

= = = = = =

Ranma-chan was lounging in the huge bath. Kyoko was
on the other side smiling softly as usual. ~That girl smiles
almost as much as Kasumi..~ Ranma-chan thought. ~It
suites her fine, it makes her look cute.~ Ranma-chan tilted
her head. She had never really thought about it but Kyoko
was rather cute. Much like Akane.. ~Now that I think about
it, she does look like Akane..~ Ranma-chan shrugged.

Kyoko watched Ranma-chan and floated to sit next to
her. "Ranma... Do you like it here?"

Ranma-chan blinked and shook her head "Not really.. I
feel like a captive.."

"hmm..." Kyoko hummed softly and shrugs "Sorry
about that.. Gamei wants you here." Ranma-chan sighed at
this but did little more.

To be continued...

= = = = = =

Part 4

Planning.

Akane sat in the main room with Nabiki, Kasumi,
Soun, Genma , and Ranma. Akane watched Ranma
uncharacteristically pick at his food rather that shovel it
down his throat. Genma looked with concern but didn't try
to get at Ranma's food.. yet anyway. He would have eaten,
but his stomach was churning from the episodes. Ranma
swayed slightly standing with his hand at his mouth and ran
into the Bathroom. A gurgling moan spewed from the closed
door. Akane watched the door and chewed another bite. and
swallowed heavily and looked to the others who stopped
their meal when the noise reached their now queasy
stomachs.

A thumping noise drew their attention gratefully away
from the sound. But the visitor made them tense up. It was
Cologne and Shampoo. Cologne took a spot on the table and
looked around. "Where's my son-in-law?" Everyone pointed
to the door as a dry heaved moan was heard and Cologne
shook her head. Shampoo placed a delivery box next to
Cologne be fore she sat.

"Ranma no feel good?" Shampoo asked the table.

"You can say that." Akane spoke dryly. Shampoo
looked at Akane who looked back and they gave a silent
disapproval of each other before Ranma walked back in
wiping his mouth with the back of his arm.

Everyone stared at Ranma who immediately began
shoveling food into his now better stomach. After the first
bowl of rice he looked around at all the half shocked faces.
"What'd I do now?".

"Pig." Akane said and looked away.
"Now that everyone is here.." Ranma looked to the
ghoul and Shampoo, just realizing they were there and saw
the delivery box.

"That for me?" Ranma asked not one to pass up free
food.

"Hiya Ranma! Shampoo make just for you!" She pulled
out the steaming bowl and handed it to Ranma who ate it
heartily. Akane gave him a scowl but it softened a bit.

Cologne shook her head a moment and continued "I
think I found something." She laid an old book on the table
and opening it to a book-marked page. "This Gamei fellow
has a realm and it's very close to this one." Everyone
including Ranma was paying attention although the sound of
slurping ramen was still present. "It seems the way to the
realm is through a mirror." Ranma choked and everyone
looked at him.

"A mirror?" Ramna looked at Cologne who nodded.

"Has something happened son-in-law?" Cologne
stepped closer.

"Well.. I.. Had a weird sensation.. Kind of like walking
into another world.. and my girl half.. I kinda thought she
saw me in one of the mirrors.." Ranma stumbled through the
awkward experience.

Cologne considered this and looked back to the book
"That may have something to do with your tie with your
female half. That could be a devastating link. . ." Ranma
looked a bit concerned followed by the others looks of
worry. "Well with that kind of initiative and help I'm sure
we'll be able to get there. All we need is to find this
Mirror.." Cologne pointed to a picture of a mirror, the
design of the frame was rather simplistic but ancient style. A
symbol that consisted of a yin-yang made with a tiger and a
dragon.

= = = = = =

Later that night Ranma laid on his futon, staring at the
ceiling. His mind wondering, with his head in his hands he
watches the shadows once more. His eyes focus and
unfocus among the boards. He looked to the window at the
unclouded skies. The moonlight spilling over him. His eyes
close suddenly with an overwhelming feeling. Clenching his
fists tight and the knuckles whiten with pressure.
"AHHHHGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" His scream carries through
the house.

... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Within moments Akane is kneeling beside Ranma, her
head on his chest listening closely. His body unmoving and
dreadfully limp. Soon Soun and Genma Reach the door
shogi pieces still in hand, Nabiki and Kasumi behind
watching. . . Akane sobs gently into Ranma's chest "Call-
Doc-tor Tofu." Akane choking on her sobs as she lifts from
Ranma's chest.

"Oh my.." Kasumi said softly reaching for the phone
and dialing.

= = = = = =

In Tofu's Office Ranma is on the bed eyes half lidded
and glazed. Akane and Tofu are next to the bed, Tofu
examining Ranma with a stethoscope. Shaking his head
slightly then looks to Akane "He's not doing too well.."

"What's Wrong with him?"

"Well it seems he had some sort of muscle spasm near
the heart and so. . . He is in a coma." Tofu said gathering up
herbs. "He will need to stay here, These herbs are needed to
help him along."

With a sniffle she turns "All right Doctor. . ." She looks
at Ranma "Can I stay here for the night?"

Tofu looks to Akane and nods "Yes."

= = = = = =

Cologne places the phone down and looks to Shampoo
"As I feared Son-in-law has been hurt by an unnatural force.
... ." Shampoo's eyes widened. "The doctor says that the
chances of full recovery will lessen quickly. . ." She
watches Shampoo lower her head. "Although he does not
know of what can cure him.. we do." Shampoo looked up
face showing fresh tears, hope in her eyes.

"We can save Ranma?" Shampoo's voice weakly
inquired.

"Yes" Cologne picked up the book and flipped it to the
page with the mirror. "Get his Female side back. . ."

"All we need do is get mirror?"

"Yes child. . . then we can go after her and bring her
back for both their safety." She begins to read the book for
any clues on the mirror's whereabouts.

= = = = = =

Akane stared at the roof of the clinic, sleeping in the
same bed as when she was little as she recovered from one
injury or another. She didn't know what to do, but one thing
kept haunting her. She didn't know if Ranma was going to
make it. She watched the ceiling before sleep got a hold of
her consciousness.

= = = = = =

Early the next morning Akane awoke to the noise of
people talking. As her mind was swept into consciousness
she realized who it was. Cologne, Soun and Genma, talking
in Ranma's night room.

Slowly she got out of bed and into the room with all the
guests. "Morning." She said sitting in a chair her short hair
slightly disheveled and a yawn taking over her face.

They turned to her and nodded their greetings and
Shampoo walked in shortly after. "Morning Akane." She
said sitting in a near by chair. As soon as the three nodded
they looked at the two girls. Puzzled by the sudden stare
they blinked.

All three of the adults spoke out "We need to talk."
Akane and Shampoo just sat there, silent.

= = = = = =

Gamei looked at Ranma-chan with a plain face as he
leaned closer. "Now my beloved, these shackles will make
sure you won't try leaving again" A closer look of the red
head shows that she was in a heated fight and lost. Kyoko
near by kneeling submissively. "Kyoko how could you let
this happen?" She just watched the ground sniffling softly.
Gamei walks to a damaged mirror and slowly begins the
pain stakenly slow process of repairing it. "Oh I would
suggest not trying to break the chains. They are enhancers to
your male counter part, I bet he is feeling your pain."
Laughs softly "And trust me, if you get hurt he feels it ten
fold.. He's in a nasty coma from just the wounds of your
fight with me.. what do you think would happen if you
broke a bone. . ." Ranma-chan winced, she didn't want to
believe him but she had no choice.

Kyoko looks to Ranma-chan a moment and looks to the
carpet once again Gamei smirks softly "You always did have
a spot for her back at the mortal realm." With a turn to the
door he orders Kyoko "Feed her when she wants and make
sure she stays in shape.. would be a waste otherwise." Then
exits.

Kyoko stands and walks to Ranma-chan slowly she
examines her. "Nothing is broken Ranma" Kyoko is not in
the greatest shapes either when she stands her kimono is
shown to have a piece burned from a ki blast and a bruise
lines her jaw near her ear.

= = = = = =

The home of the Tendo Dojo settle in. The day was
quite confusing considering the beginning. Akane sat on her
bed thinking as Shampoo walked in. "Akane?" Her heavily
childish voice was quieted with concern. Sitting next to
Akane, Shampoo looked to the floor.

"Well Shampoo? Looks like its going to be a long few
weeks." Akane said softly, taking a look to the violate haired
girl, who merely nodded. The sky was just becoming dark,
yet they still had no idea what to make of all this. Cologne,
Soun, and Genma had only told them that for the next few
days, training schedules were to be made and that Shampoo
and Akane were going to be living together for the training.

It felt weird not having Ranma with her when she
trained. Recently it had become a more like a constant in the
training hall. Ranma was better and Akane knew that but it
was better training fore her when they sparred then hitting
blocks of wood or brick. Almost funny, the way Shampoo
sat there her face sullen. Streaks of tears stained the girls
face. She had cried when they told her Ranma's condition in
the hospital.

Akane studied the Chinese girl and thought, in her own
mind she did cry for Ranma's ailment. . . Did Shampoo
really care about Ranma? Akane shook her head at that and
felt the bed bounce slightly. She turned to see the cause and
saw Shampoo had fallen asleep as she watched, Shampoo's
face was saddened and Akane swore she saw another tear.
Her own had fallen without her knowing it.

She sighed and straitened the amazon's body so she laid
right and gave enough room for her. ~Until they brought
Shampoo's into the room this would have to do.~ She
thought to herself as she curled under the blanket and froze
as she felt Shampoo's arm snuggle her body into Akane's
back.

Shampoo's voice whispered softly into Akane's ear
"Wo ai ni. . . Ranma" and Akane closed her eyes.

= = = = = =

Shampoo woke up with an unintentional elbow from
Akane. She furrowed her brow and opened her eyes to her
assailant and saw the back of the girl's head. And further
examination brought some color to her cheeks as she found
herself cuddled up to Akane and Akane had a hug on her
arm. She watched the girl thinking ~She really is pervert
girl~

"R..ranma. . .." Akane's voice called out and Shampoo
looked at the Tendo girl.

~She dream of Ranma?~ Shampoo asked herself and
noticed that for tonight this will have to do, they were too
tangled up and Shampoo was too tired to do anything.

= = = = = =

The next morning they were both startled by a
hammering at the door. "AKANE! SHAMPOO!" Called
Genma "It's time for Training." They heard footsteps run
down the hall and the stairs. Akane and Shampoo blushed
softly as they untangle themselves from each other. They
dressed hurriedly Akane in her Gi and Shampoo in her
Chinese outfit.

They Raced out the door and to the dojo where Genma,
Soun and Cologne wait for them. The both take places side
by side in front of the three guardians. Soun excused him
self for a moment and came back with matching Gi's for
Akane and Shampoo. They both looked at the beautiful silk
Gi's with A yin yang sign on the back. With complimented
the bluish purple color of the Gi's with the yin yang being
Blue and red that stood out in beautiful embroidery. "Put
Them on" Soun's voice said in a manner that made them
quickly exit and change.

= = = = = =

Gamei sat near the front room of his castle. A small
window peering a single strand of light focuses near the
center of the otherwise dark and empty room. Gamei sat
with a pondering look and with a smirk he acknowledged
Kyoko. "What have you to report?" He said in a steady
voice.

"She does not like it here, my lord, I think she wants to
go home.." This didn't hit Gamei well, as he stepped closer
Kyoko drew back warily. "Well.. Keep up the work,
Kyoko. . . And. . ." His eyes settles on her face "Make sure
she is well taken care of, we wouldn't want her to be ill
treated." With that Kyoko nodded and left with the quiet
shuffle of her kimono.

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 5

Training

Akane and Shampoo Trained with the goal of finding
the mirror and fighting the god if they had to, to get Ranma-
chan back and hopefully help Ranma out of his coma. They
had been training for weeks and they progressed at a pace
even Ranma had to praise. Akane had begun to grow her
hair, not like she has much choice, her training never gave
her enough time to get trims, between Training Homework
and School this was a time when she had almost no time for
herself.

Shampoo wasn't much different. The hours she wasn't
training she was either making deliveries or working at the
Nekohanten. With Cologne, Genma and even Soun for
instructors the girls were pressed into more sets of patterns
either of them could not imagine that they could get one
straight, but slowly they did and close to unison they
worked each pattern till it was burned into their minds.

Sparring between these two became more evened out as
Akane was pushed to regulate a more intense and vigorous
schedule. As they were now almost even and with out
straying from killing each other they mostly wore each other
out then anything.

As they sat slumped against the Dojo wall near the door
they heaved slowly in and out. Akane looked over wiping
her brow of sweat as she did so. "We're coming along.."
She repeated what Genma had said earlier during the spar,
who was by now getting the furo ready for the girls to relax
in for dinner.

Shampoo nodded to this and looked to Akane and
smiled "Aiya, we are getting good, maybe good enough to
give Ranma trouble by our self." Akane chuckled and
nodded. Despite their past battles, and the jealousy that
ensued from the ongoing Ranma/Fiancée war started, Akane
looked onto Shampoo with a new friendship of training
buddies, and Shampoo did as well.

They sat there breathing in the evening air and with in
minutes began to stand hearing the footsteps of someone
coming to the door. Genma poked his head in and nodded to
the two "The bath is ready and Kasumi said she made
something special for you two tonight."

The two girls smiled, a special meal from Kasumi was
special indeed, for it was usually a favorite dish or some
exotic meal for them to try out. No matter it usually was
good no matter if it tasted like it was planned to or not. With
a nod to the panda-man they left the dojo and headed straight
for the bath. . .

= = = = = =

With things going as they were Genma and Soun took
the times they played Go or Shogi with seated thoughts,
neither one cheating for the game was not foremost on their
minds. Needless to say the games came to draws more often
then not, if the games were even finished.

Nabiki sat with her note pad and abacus at hand doing
figures for the next month and watched the two players with
a quizzical look. While Kasumi quietly cleaned off the table
and prepared for dinner.

= = = = = =

Kyoko walked to the wall with Ranma-chan. Her eyes
looked the girl over and sighed as she dabbed a cold cloth to
Ranma-chan's forehead. Who stirred gently but didn't wake
up. ~Must be exhausted from hanging so much~ Kyoko said
to herself. And she brought in a table and set up a meal.

= = = = = =

In the furo Akane lounges, Shampoo washing herself
off with the warm water near by. "You know Akane, it been
weeks since I come stay here.." Shampoo began "Shampoo
thank you for not making worse."

"Well, its not like its your fault ,Shampoo" Akane sat up
and put her elbows on the side of the bath "We need to
work together and the best way is at least be friends.."
Akane looked thoughtful.

= = = = = =

The next morning Akane woke up without the aid of
Genma or Soun. Shampoo was sleeping in her own bed.
Quietly Akane went to the closet and put on her Gi. Hanging
Shampoo's out for her. Calmly she headed down the stairs
as she heard a voice coming from the family room. She
quickly hastened her steps and saw a girl with brown hair
and a hair style much like Shampoo's. The Chinese attire
and accent made her wonder until she saw Cologne sitting
next to her like she had Shampoo when she first arrived.

Genma was the first to notice Akane "Good morning
Akane" He said. Everyone else nodded but the girl who
looked at Akane.

Cologne spoke up next "Child this is Akane Tendo son
of Soun Tendo the owner of this dojo and partner to
Shampoo in this." To this The girl nodded softly.

"Nihao.." The girl said in soft mandarin.

"Akane this is amazon village sister Perfume." Cologne
said gesturing to the Chinese Amazon.

"Oh hi yo oh." Akane said as she sat.

A moment later a high pitched "Nihao" came from the
door and they looked to see the purple haired amazon run
and give Perfume a hug "Cousin, it so good to see you!"

Perfume smiled at this "Cousin, it is good to see you
too" she said softly. Kasumi came out with tea and cookies
with her usual smile and sits at her spot.

Pouring the tea into small cups she looked to Akane and
Shampoo "I thought you would be up soon so I took the
liberty of bringing extra cups" She said this placing a cup to
Akane and a cup to Shampoo before poring the last cup for
herself.

"Now, as the participants are here. . ." Cologne looked
to Perfume and held out her hand. Perfume dug a small map
and handed it to Cologne. "Since you two are coming along
nicely I shall give you the map to the Mirror."

"Map?" The two girls said simultaneously.

Cologne places the map between the two and looked to
Perfume. "Thank you for bringing it here, child" Cologne
nodded.

"Was no problem Elder." Perfume said. "May I stay a
while Elder?"

Cologne thought a moment and nodded "I don't see
why not." She then looked to the rest of the group. "Akane
and Shampoo will need to go alone."

"To the mirror Great-grand-mother?" Shampoo
questioned and Cologne nodded.

"We will begin full training tomorrow." She looked to
Genma and Soun who nodded. "Shampoo, you will not be
working at the Nekohanten for the remainder of your
training. And Akane will not be attending school either."

Shampoo looked to her with a quizzical tone "Why not
Great-grand-mother?"

"We are going to train for the best results and that means
for the better part of the day." Cologne stated. Akane and
Shampoo nodded.

"Yes." Shampoo said along with Akane, this was
beginning to sound like more then they could chew, but their
prides would not let then speak up on it.

With this Cologne escorted Perfume from the building
"We will return tomorrow to begin." And everyone nodded,
while Akane and shampoo began to study the map.

= = = = = =

Later that day, Shampoo and Akane walk towards an Ice
Cream parlor, given the day off and excused from chores
they decided to relax a bit and have some ice cream.
Shampoo and Akane enter the parlor and Shampoo smiled
softly "Shampoo love Ice cream."

Akane grinned and nodded to Shampoo, "It was nice of
them to let us off from chores. It's been a while since I did
anything like this." Shampoo nodded back.

At a table they sit and eat their ice cream silently and
quietly talk over their training and the map. After a bit a
voice calls their attention "I'd like a double scoop of
strawberry and vanilla will ya?" Their eyes focused on a
giant spatula.

"Ukyo?" Akane said questioningly.

"Spatula girl?" Shampoo said simultaneously.

Ukyou turned to the pair with familiarity. "Akane..
Shampoo?" She got her order and sat at the end of the table
stealing a nearby chair. "

"Yeah, its us.." Akane says with a smile. Ukyo looks to
Shampoo and Akane sees Ukyo's expression and speaks up.
"Ukyo, Shampoo here is helping me with Ranma."

"What happened to Ranchan?" Ukyo asks

Shampoo and Akane look at each other and begin telling
the story.

= = = = = =

Ukyo, Akane and Shampoo walk down the street
towards the dojo. Ukyo walks along one side of Akane as
Shampoo takes up the other. "Oh.. So that's why Ranchan
hasn't been around much, I thought it was the weather. . ."
She looks off in the distance.

"Ranma is in room getting rest Ukyo." Shampoo looked
to her and with a huff "You can visit if you want."

Ukyo looked to Shampoo a moment slightly surprised
"Well. . .. If you sure its no trouble."

Akane nodded. "Not too much, I guess. . ."

Ukyo looked at them and raised an eyebrow ~First they
dress alike and now they aren't behaving as jealous
anymore. . .~ She then looked at the gate. ~Ranchan must be
hurt worse than normal. . .~

= = = = = =

Ukyo stands near Ranma's bed looking down to him
and shakes her head "Oh, Ranchan. . ." She gently brushes
some hair from his face and frowns slightly. ~This is bad. .
...~ From the door Akane's voice is heard as she walks by.

"Shampoo, I looked at the atlas, and I can't figure out if
its even in China or Japan."

Shampoo's voice softer like she is coming from slightly
down the hall. "Akane, great-grand-mother cannot help, she
no know where is either."

Ukyo turns to the door and walks to it and looks out and
sees Shampoo looking out of Akane's room as Akane stands
before her with an obviously old paper. With a shrug she
makes over to them and looks to the paper. "You know. . .
That looks awful familiar to one of Ryoga's maps."

Akane looks to Ukyo as if she did not notice she was
there. She looks to the map again and slowly nods. "You
know. . . It kinda does doesn't it?" She takes the new
insight into consideration. "If that is the case, we start near
Kyoko." Akane said with a nod.

Shampoo gave Akane an assuring nod and the three
walk into Akane's room Shampoo sits on her bed and Akane
sits on her own. Ukyo stand between beds and looks at
them. "You weren't kidding about this were you?" They
both shake their heads and Ukyo takes Akane's bed for a
seat.

= = = = = =

Early the next morning Shampoo and Akane bow to
each other then to Cologne, who sits near by. They begin,
facing the back of the dojo and with a moment of four
breaths they spin in unison to the opposite wall and begin a
routine, almost in sync with each other with minor flaws
displaying from them both.

Breathlessly and tiredly they stop the patterns and look
at each other with a small smile. Cologne walks to them and
nods "Not bad. . . You went through the entire day without
stopping, that is good. Stamina is a key to becoming
stronger." Cologne commented and they nodded.

"Thank you sensei" They both say.

Cologne nods "All we need to work on is strength and
speed." Akane and Shampoo nod and look to the old woman
on her staff.

With in two months we see the two gain more ability.
Since the end of the first month, they have gotten so use to
each other, on command they can do in unison anything.
From eating to brushing their teeth. Their patters become
one. Slowly the flaws have been kinked out and timed with
such preciseness that they can throw two shurikans at two
targets and have the sound of the impacts seem as only one
was thrown.

By the end of the second month, Akane's hair slightly
longer bur trimmed regularly, Shampoos has been braided
behind her back. Ranma has awoken a few times with in this
time, but shortly drifts into sleep. This makes their efforts
double and Cologne Soun, Genma and Hopposai, being
back from a trip, seem pleased at the rate of improvement.

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 6

The Trip

Akane sat in the front room watching the clouds in the
distance. Shampoo sits next to her polishing the blade of a
sword. Nearby Nabiki calculates with abacus and paper.
Nabiki looks to the two and sighs. "The trip will cost around
30,000 yen."

Akane blinks and Shampoo looks over to Nabiki. "That
a lot of money."

"That's including a round trip to Kyoto. Thankfully
Japan isn't that big." Nabiki said standing.

Akane nods "Thanks, We'll think of something." With
that the two girls start talking of funds and the likes.

= = = = = =

Outside the Tendo dojo a bike is rested on the front gate.
A figure walks to the front door and knocks gently. Waiting
a few minutes before knocking again, this time Kasumi
smiles as she answers the door and sees their guests. "Oh
hello Ukyo, come on in, Shampoo and Akane are in the
family room."

Ukyo smiles gently "Thanks, Kasumi." She walks in
and to the room, a backpack on her back with her spatula
buckled to it.

= = = = = =

A little while later Ukyo , Shampoo, Akane and Nabiki
are sitting at the table mulling over details. "Shampoo and I
have about 20,000 yen, we still need 10,029 to meet the
prospected budget." Akane said.

"Listen, sugar," Ukyo spoke up "I'll fork up 20,000
yen if you'll let me go with you."

"Shampoo have no reason not let spatula girl come with
us."

Nabiki calculated the math with her abacus and nodded
"Well, with the added money she's offering we can let her
come with us with out much trouble."

"Then it's settled then." Ukyo and Akane nodded in
agreement.

"Now that is settled," Nabiki began as she pulled out a
small map of Japan and laid it on the table with one smooth
motion. "We'll take the next train to Kyoto, which shouldn't
take too long, from there. . ."

"You're coming?" Ukyo asked interrupting Nabiki who
just nodded.

"Of course I am coming, I'm going to over see the
finances so we don't get stranded with out funds." Nabiki
retorted flatly. Ukyo backed down and let Nabiki continue.
"Now as I was saying, In Kyoto, we'll stay the night near
the park and hike it to the destination point. From which,
you three will follow the map detailed and I will follow."
They nodded thoughtfully.

Akane looked at Ukyo then Shampoo, who just sat
quietly. "Shampoo, Ukyo?" They looked up to her. "Lets
talk someplace." They nodded and started getting up with
Akane. Leaving Nabiki behind to fold the map.

= = = = = =

On the roof of the dojo, the three girls looked at each
other. "Alright, Akane. What's with the meeting." Ukyo
questioned the Tendo.
Akane looked to Shampoo and Shampoo nods gently.
"Akane want to test if Spatula girl can handle trip."

"How is she going to do-" Ukyo's question was
interrupted as she blocked the kick with her spatula.
"Hey..!"

Akane didn't seize her attacks as she pressed onward.
Shampoo sits nearby watching. Ukyo pulling her spatula
from her back and wields it against the attacking girl.
Sending a fierce front kick at Ukyo, Akane twist as Ukyo
dodges and catches her side with a round kick to the kidney.

With a gasp Ukyo stumbles back and with a set face
swings out at Akane. Akane leaps back and onto the ground
near the pond. Ukyo soon follows with an over head strike.
Missing by a hair as Akane dodges to the side. A blur of
mini spatula's glitter the sky where Akane had stood a
moment before and Ukyo heads after Akane and a barrage of
kicks and spatulas are seen from the vantage point of
Shampoo.

With a spin hook kick, Akane catches Ukyo on the chin
and Ukyo staggers back and breaths heavily as Akane looks
to her and nods to Shampoo. Shampoo hops down and she
begins an assault at Ukyo, whom barely reacts to the attack
at first, fends off the amazon. With in a half an hour
Shampoo's quickness overtakes Ukyo and Ukyo is knocked
back onto her rump with an oof!

Akane and Shampoo walk to Ukyo and help her up.
"You know, you could warn me before you do something
like that you know." Ukyo said to Akane and Shampoo.

"But it test, suppose to see how good reactions are."
Shampoo looked to Ukyo.

"And besides, Ukyo, you did well." Akane smiled
gently before escorting them back into the house just as
Kasumi set the table for dinner.

= = = = = =

From atop one of the outer walls of the dojo Happosai
sat and watched the three girls enter the house and smiled.
"Ah, such pretty young things. . ." He said to himself. "A
shame really to send them into battle—" He was quieted with
a wooden rap on his head. He spun around "Hey what was
that for!"

"Shut up old man" Cologne peered down at him from
her staff. "We don't need your perversions to get in the way
of months of training. Ranma is still in a coma and we need
these girls to get that mirror."

Happosai nodded grimly. "You're right at usual
Cologne."

"And you'd better not hinder them on their trip, you got
me?" Cologne looked to the old lech.

"Yes, yes, alright, alright... You win, for now."
Happosai grumbled out.

= = = = = =

Early the next morning Akane and Shampoo are in their
room packing for the trip. They slowly place folded clothes
and small parcels into large, Ryoga style, back packs.
Silently they pull their drawstrings to close the tops and
smile softly as they exit the room. From their view Ukyo
picks up her pack and nods to them and follows them down
the stairs.

Meeting Nabiki at the bottom of the stairs they walk to
the front room for their early breakfast. The sun's rays
finally reaching the far clouds forewarning the sunrise.
Nabiki eats half asleep but dressed and ready to go.

Kasumi smiles at them in the oppressing silence as she
kneels next to the table. Having woken up early she seems to
still wear her soft smile and encouraging presence in the
tension filled room.

Akane and Shampoo, look like they might have had a
chance to sleep in, the energy level in them slightly groggy
but still strong. Ukyo sits by Akane, looking ready as ever.
Spatula strapped to her back and her bandoleer across her
torso.

At the end of breakfast, they say their hushed farewells
to Kasumi and thoughtful requests to proclaim their
departures to Soun and Genma and even Happosai and
Cologne.

= = = = = =

In the darkened room Ranma-chan sits eating a bowl of
rice and other things. Her chopsticks move slowly and her
jaw chews delicately on the morsels of food. Nearby Kyoko
watches her with worry. Placing a small cup on the table in
front of Ranma-chan Kyoko shifts quietly to refill the
beverage.

The girls feel Gamei's presence, as he passes the far
door a shadow grows from where he stands. He looks to
Kyoko a moment before walking to Ranma-chan and taking
her jaw in his hand. "You still look beautiful." Gamei spoke
with tenderness, which made Ranma-chan wince a little.
Kyoko stood by and watched Gamei kiss Ranma-chan on
the lips, she twitched wanting to help her friend but knew she could
not. . .

Gamei smiled softly "Your lips are still as sweet, even if
you resist me in this life." Ranma-Chan glared at him and
Gamei simply chuckled before turning and leaving them.
Kyoko ran to Ranma-chan's side and looked apologetically
at her.

"I'm sorry. . ." Kyoko whispered.

Ranma-chan smiles weakly "Its all right, I know you
can't do anything against him. . ." Looking down slightly
Ranma-chan sighs softly. Kyoko exits momentarily, she
brings back some more water for Ranma-chan.

= = = = = =

On the train Ukyo, Shampoo and Akane sit together
while Nabiki sits in another booth quietly watching the
scenery. Noises of gossip float over from the three girls and
Nabiki gathers a small thermos and sips the warm tea made
by Kasumi. The hush and buckle of the train whirls about.
Nabiki is startled by a hand on her shoulder.

Ukyo smiles softly to her and Nabiki relaxes. "You
know, Sugar, you need to relax a bit." Nabiki nodded softly
to this. "I noticed something in the number crunching you
did earlier for this trip."

Nabiki looked to Ukyo and shakes her head "I did not
over charge for my serviced if that's what you're thinking."

"No it was the lack there of I'm referring to." Ukyo said
with a low voice.

"I..." Nabiki looked a bit off guard and shook her head.

"What's the matter?" Ukyo leaned closer to emphasize
the question.

"Just forget about it, It was probably a miss step and if
you want me to fix it.."

"No, no." Ukyo sounded a bit set back and left Nabiki
alone. Nabiki turns to the window and stares off seemingly
into space. The chatter of the girls welcomes Ukyo back into
it and they proceed to gossip about the time they have missed
from school.

= = = = = =

They reach Kyoto and are off the train by nightfall.
Within the hour of entering the city the four girls are in a
hotel, readying for bed. Ukyo and Nabiki share a room,
Shampoo and Akane share the next. Akane and Shampoo are
already in their bed and settling in for the night.

Ukyo looks to Nabiki "We couldn't get doubles?"

"It was more cost effective this way, besides we're all
girls." Nabiki smirked "I promise I won't bite."

"Very funny, Nabiki" Ukyo sniffed and slipped her
pajama top before sliding into the bed. Nabiki soon follows
after and she turns out the lights. In the darkness, Ukyo
sleeps warily as Nabiki stays awake till early morning before
finally getting to sleep.

= = = = = =

The next morning Ukyo finds herself in a massive hug.
Enveloped by both the covers and Nabiki's limbs She is
helpless until Nabiki wakes up. Within the hour, thankfully
for Ukyo, Nabiki stirs and stretches her muscles. Her soft
body rubbing onto Ukyo, who squirms at the contact and
hurries to the bathroom.

Nabiki blinks and shrugs "Strange girl."

= = = = = =

As the sun reached noon the girls were already heading
into the market for rations and survival gear. Nabiki set off
alone while Ukyo, Akane and Shampoo went another way.
Buying supplies at a camping depot Nabiki took in mind and
bought several cans of beef jerky. Close to the end of the
aisle she saw a rather odd looking lamp. Curious she walked
to it and favored it with a calculating glance and shrugged.
"Well it is a nice piece." The sales man said from behind the
counter. "500 yen, for it and oils."

Nabiki considered this and nodded "I'll take it." With
that last purchase she went to the meeting place that wasn't
too far from the store. Once there she saw Akane sitting
under a tree and humming slightly. "Hello Sis."

Akane looked up and smiled softly. "Hello Nabiki." She
padded the ground next to her "Ukyo and Shampoo are
getting some more sunblock." Nabiki nodded and sat in the
offered seat. "So. . ." Akane looked to Nabiki quizzically.

Nabiki looked to her "So. . .?"

"What's with you lately? You've been acting kinda
strange lately."

"Oh it's nothing. . ." Nabiki stated. "Just one of those
things I guess."

Akane nodded softly "Well if you ever want to talk. . ."

Nabiki smiled softly "Thanks Akane"

"Akane! Nabiki!" Came Shampoo's voice from across
the street. Ukyo stuffs the last of the sunblock in her bag and
they met the sisters under the tree. Ukyo quickly sat and
relaxed under the tree, while Shampoo checked off the list of
things. "That all of it I think." She looked to Nabiki who
nodded to her. "We go after lunch."

"Sounds like a plan to me." Ukyo said holding her
stomach. Akane giggled softly. And the rest picked up their
equipment and headed to a small restaurant near the edge of
town.

= = = = = =

Inside the restaurant they sat at a booth looking at the
map and eating sandwiches and discussing the route. "Can I
get ..some..water. . .." Came a voice from the door that
made the four girls turn their head and gasp.

"Ryoga?" Akane said aloud.

Ryoga blinked and looked to the girls "Hey I thought
you were in Kyoto not Nerima." They all face faulted and
withered upright.

"Well, now that you're here might as well tag you along
too. . ." Akane began. Behind Ryoga a very miffed Perfume
entered and hit the lost boy on the back of his head where
there seemed to me a cluster of goose eggs and he went
down like a rock.

"Perfume?" Shampoo looked puzzled as did the rest.

"Stupid boy is to take me to market, get more noodles.
Great-grand-mother say find local and use guild, find stupid
boy instead!" She sat and Nabiki looked to Ryoga's prone
body.

"We could always use a hand on this one." Nabiki said
warily. "And besides if we let you go with him you'd take
longer to get to Tokyo by the time we'd get back."

Perfume nods "Yes, you right. I come."

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 7

The Search

At the south entrance to the national, the group stood
and looked at the map. "Alright, this park leads to a forest
about a kilometer to the west of us. If we follow the paths
we should get there without getting lost. . ." Akane said to
the others and they nodded in preparation.

They started along the main path sing a compass to keep
on the right path to the west. As they reach the border of the
forest the trees are noticeably becoming more densely
thicketed and the canopy slowly covers over head. At the
edge of the park they stop and look around. Pools of a rainy
season sparkle on the paths. Shampoo takes a look behind
them "Funny, it not wet here.."

They all take a look to the park and a puzzled look
carries through them. "That is strange." Ukyo said after a bit
of silence. They turn back to the forest and two gray wolves
leap from the bushes and snarls at them.

"Well, looks like you've gone too far. . ." Spoke a wolf
with a white tuft of hair along the top of its head.

Shampoo and Akane smirked at the to wolves "Not far
enough for our liking." Akane said with a bit of anger.

"Hmm, looks like we're in for a fight boys. . ." with
this a second pair of wolves appears behind the group
causing Ryoga and Perfume to turn to them. Growling
slightly the two forward ones leap at Akane and Shampoo.

"Ahh." Akane shrieked as the wolf dug its teeth into her
arm. "Get off me!!" She sent a chi blast into the K-9's ribs
and it let go with a whimpered cry.

Shampoo had better luck she had pulled out her sword
and caught the wolf with the end of it. It slid lifelessly onto
the ground and they turned to the other two. Whom one had
wrestled Ryoga, and lost , the other found a nasty bonbori to
the noggin.

The group shrugged in unison and continued their way
"That was pretty easy." Nabiki commented and Akane
looked to her.

"Hey it could have been worse if we weren't ready for
combat." Akane said as they walked.

"I know. Still for talking wolves they were easy."
Nabiki retorted.

"Now, now, don't count us out yet girlie." They spun
around and the wolves stood high on their legs as if unhurt.

"Back for more?" Ryoga said getting into fighting
position pulling out his umbrella. The wolves chuckled
softly and began to twitch, bulging their muscles. Growing
into huge mass of wolf humanoids, standing on their hind
legs.

"Werewolves?" Nabiki questioned but the answer from
the beasts was a charge. Ukyo pulls her spatula as Shampoo
readied her sword. Akane pulls out pieces of a lajitang, an
oriental spear with two half moon blades on both ends, from
her back and connects the two pieces just as the wolves close
in and strike at Ryoga.

Ryoga blocks the first attack and throws a punch at the
beast before him. He blinks as his fist meets air and his arm
receives parallel slash marks near his shoulder. He winces
and pulls back. Akane swings quickly with the blades of the
lajitang every now and then the wolf gets a close call but it
seems to strike her more often. Shampoo leaps by Akane the
wolf with the white tuft giving chase and soon strikes out.
Shampoo ducks the attack and cuts laterally, the speed
surprising the wolf as he is cut superficially.

A shout of pain erupts from perfume as the one on her
and Ukyo tags her with a claw. Ukyo throws a mini spatula
at the beast and misses nearly hitting Nabiki who was trying
to climb a tree. Ukyo spins around and sliced down with her
battle spatula and luckily clips it's shoulder. With a howl it
grabs its shoulder and Ukyo advances with her sharp edge
cutting into the wolf. Blood seeping onto the ground and the
bong of a bonbori takes the beast into dream-land.

Ryoga staggers back sluggishly his sleeves torn off and
the scratches along his arms slow him down. The beast
looks a bit warn, the lost boy giving the thing a power
struggle where he lacked speed. Pulling one of his
bandana's into play Ryoga tosses it at the beast who leaps
expectedly as Ryoga sends a barrage of bandanas toward it,
catching it in several places. With a grin he slams his
umbrella into the beast's head with cracks like a walnut
before it hit the ground.

Akane and Shampoo have begun to double team the
wolves and giving out a tremendous amount of ki in the
process. Blades flutter from their position pressing the two
wolves back. The one with the tuft gets unwittingly too close
and soon flops to the ground. Chucks of flesh missing from
its body. With one gone they turn to the other wolf that had
now backed up to a tree and Akane leaps forward as
Shampoo rushes in. Akane striking down onto the wolf's
head as Shampoo runs underneath and severs its torso from
its legs. They breathe slowly trying to catch their breaths as
they gather around Nabiki.

Ukyo and Perfume are leaning against the tree as Ryoga
slumps onto the ground kneeling. Checking on the damage,
Nabiki surveys the party and distributes bandages and
ointments to them. Ukyo looks at Nabiki strangely and takes
a small cotton cloth and dabs at Nabiki's cheek. Nabiki
winces at the pain and shock. Ukyo dresses it with a small
bandage and smirks. "You ought to be careful, sugar."

= = = = = =

Back at the Tendo Dojo, Ranma stirs slightly as he
sleeps. Dreams flood his mind. Of Akane, Ukyo, Shampoo,
and others helping him somehow... Slowly as his eyes
move under their lids he calms and settles back into his
pillow.

= = = = = =

As the light darkens in the late sky, the group follows
the path deep into the woods. Akane stops on the path and
looks towards the nearby lake. "There's the lake that's on
the map. We'll camp near hear alright?" Exhausted they nod
and begin setting up camp. Four tents are set up two larger
tents and two smaller ones. Ukyo and Nabiki get one,
Shampoo and Akane get one, and Ryoga and Perfume get
ones to themselves. Shampoo cooks a small meal for
everyone as they gather around the fire.

"The food smells good" Ryoga said looking at his plate.
He takes a small bit and nods to Shampoo who nods and
smiles back. The rest simply eat, quietness of the woods
taking them also.

= = = = = =

Ranma-chan slumped up against the wall. Kyoko kneels
nearby keeping an eye on her. The events displayed on the
far wall confused her slightly. People she did not know and
was very close to Ranma-chan had just gotten past the
gatekeepers to the forest. The gatekeepers were wiped out
very quickly, considering.

Ranma-chan knew it was going to be a long day
watching her friends in the forest. Working their way deep
into the monster-ridden place. As day turned to night before
her eyes, she sighed relief that for now they were safe and
the rest of the day was without incident. Her eyes closed in
calm soothness. She felt a stirring within her, happily
knowing that Ranma might wake up. As she looked at the
picture again she saw Ukyo and Nabiki enter their tent as
Shampoo and Akane went to theirs'. Ryoga and Perfume
had the first watch it looked like.

= = = = = =

Ryoga and Perfume sit near the fire. Their backs
positioned to support each other's. "Ryoga?" Perfume said
softly.

"Hmm..?" Ryoga half turned his head.

"You scared?"

Ryoga thought and shrugged "Yes, a little, Perfume.
Why?"

"Oh. . . N-No Reason. . .." Perfume said softly peering
into the woods. Ryoga turned back to the tents and the other
side of the camp. The Forest was a quiet place, something
didn't seem right to them as naught a cricket or cicada made
a noise. Only the sound of crackling fire seeped into the still
air. A gentle wind picked up for a moment but that was all.

The moon glowed softly through the canopy and the
two lookouts softly shook the first signs of drowsiness. As
the hours progressed the two began to yawn and stretch near
the soft fire. It didn't take them long to fall fast asleep after
that.

= = = = = =

Ranma's eyes opened as the night's cool breeze fluttered
the curtains. Groggily he sat up. Looking around his blurred
vision made out his room. Rubbing his eyes with his palms
he noticed a tugging on his wrists. After studying his hands,
he shrugged and headed down the stairs. Nagging pains on
his wrists and his ankles persisted, he could almost swear
they were cut, yet not. The house was quiet and dark. Soun
and Genma were fast asleep at the shogi board and Kasumi
was obviously asleep by now.

He turned his attention to the late evening skies as he
passed a window. He blinked his eyes carefully and with
another moment. He slumped down quickly as if struck on
the back of the head. And with that his sleep continued.

= = = = = =

The next morning the groups awoke as a startled scream
came from Perfume. With a rushed they rushed out of the
tents to face the new challenge and all but Ryoga stopped in
their tracks at the sight before them. A ghostly cave stood
over the lake. Its gaping mouth towered over the group. At
closer look it seemed eerily familiar.

Nabiki's calculating eyes widened and she pulled out a
small picture from her bag. "I think we found it. . ."

"Found what, Nabiki?" Akane turned to her and Nabiki
showed her the picture. "Oohhh. . .. . ."

Everyone gathered around Akane and looked to the
picture then to the cave. "The mirror is cave." Shampoo said
with a smile. "We find. Now we go save girl-type Ranma!"
Ryoga gently outlined the symbol carved into the rock at the
base of the cave. They ran head long into the cave, and as
they reached the mouth they halted seeing their reflections as
if looking into a mirror.

Akane walked to her reflection slowly and placed her
hand on the near invisible surface. Pressing onto it she felt it
give but her hand would not push through. . .

= = = = = =

Ranma-chan's head hung low against her chest, a small
welt is seen in the base of her skull. Her restraints hold her
body to the wall, her feet not touching the ground. Gamei
stands near by looking to Ranma-chan's form her chains
lifting her up higher on the wall before settling at 10 feet.
Gamei nods softly and looks to Kyoko.

Kyoko kneels near the wall in her gi, quietly obeying
Gamei. The shadows of the room play as the mirror looking
in on the group. The soft murmur of conversation floats
through the room. Gamei's eyes look over to the images in
the mirror. The gateway to his realm clearly visible from the
vantage point. With a confident nod he snaps his fingers. . .

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 8

Clash

Akane gasped as she felt a hand pull her into the mirror.
Her body disappears into the mirror, as the others watch.
With quick steps the others run to the mirror, most slam their
heads into the mirror's surface, all but Shampoo. Shampoo
fell through the mirror and onto her knees.

Akane looked around for the arm the hand belonged to
but after a minute she noted that she was alone. "oof!" A
voice came behind her.

"Shampoo!" She said relieved seeing a friendly face.

"Akane OK?" Shampoo asked as she got up. With a
curious face Shampoo slowly looked about. "Weird. . ."

Akane nodded in agreement. Their eyes traced the dark
draped walls to the statues standing guard at the only
apparent way. The two approached with caution, keeping an
eye to the statues and their surroundings. An unearthly glow
dimly lit the passageway as they entered. An omnipotent
silence instilled over the two explorers.

= = = = = =

Back at Dr. Tofu's office Ranma lays on the bed as
Tofu examines the goose egg on the back of Ranma's head.
"Hmm. . . You said you found him on the floor near the
dojo?"

Genma nodded softly. "Yes, near a window."

"That's strange, his condition seems to be unchanged
other than this lump." Tofu looked to the father. "I'll keep
him here for observations." Genma nodded to the suggestion
and left the room and sat in the waiting room, a look of
worry on his face.

= = = = = =

Out side the cave entrance Ryoga pounds on the mirror.
"AKANE!!" He screams out his hands smashing into the
smooth surface repeatedly.

"Cousin! Shampoo!" Perfume nearby calls out into the
mirror.

Ukyo sits with her hands pressed to the surface
wondering why only those two made it through while the
others were left behind. Her initial reaction was to see if they
had found the unseen door but nothing proved to be giving.
Even the give from Akane's prodding could not be
reproduces even by Ryoga.

Mean while Nabiki stood near by looking at her map
and the map from Cologne. Tilting her head so often and
shaking her head. She looked at the surroundings and
pondered for a moment and pulled out her compass and
blinked. "Interesting.."

Ukyo shook out of her thoughts and looked to the
Tendo sister. "What is?"

"The compass it's not working."

"Let me see." Ukyo took the compass and shook it with
force. "That's weird." She said under her breath as Nabiki
took a seat with her back resting on the mirror near Ukyo.
The two looked at each other and Nabiki looked away first,
seeming to ponder the skies.

"BAKSAI TENKET-SU!" Ryoga reached back and
asserted the breaking point on the mirror. With a powerful
explosion he was thrust back into a tree and crumpled onto
the ground. With interest the others looked through the
settling dust at the point of the explosion and the glimmer
from the reflective surface was still intact.

A small cackle averted their eyes to the heave
underbrush near the mirror. His reflection gave the minotaur
away before it stepped out into the small clearing a good-
sized battle-axe in its burly arms. "I think you'll need a lot
more then that to survive boy." Its scruff voice sounded
more like a growl.

Ryoga picked himself up from the ground and dusted
himself off and glared at the beast. "Who said that's all I
got?" He huffed pulling out his umbrella from his pack.

"What, afraid its going to rain?" It stepped closer to the
group. Ukyo and Nabiki took to their feet, Ukyo dawning
her spatula as Perfume pulls out traditional bonbori. "Heh,
what can a bunch of school kids do to the great Woarick?" It
snorted loudly "Lets find out. . ."

"Yeah, jack-ass, Lets do!" Ukyo leapt towards the
minotaur, but before she could reach him he vanished and
was offset by the disappearance of her target and landed
short. "What the-"

With a rush of wind Ukyo's body is tossed into the air.
Her scream of surprise filled the clearing as she landed near
the mirror. "Ukyo!" Nabiki fell to her knees as the
Okinomiyaki girl winced and held her ribs.

= = = = = =

Shampoo and Akane travel slowly down the corridor.
The dim lights straining their sight as they keep their guards
up. Weapons barred and ready in their hands. A few more
steps they blink as the lights flare up. As the girls' eyes
adjusted to the light they gasped seeing the large room they
were in. The walls draped in crimson stained cloth
surrounded the room. The two guard-statues stood in the
middle of the room. Dark reddish glow emitted from their
sunken eyes. Akane and Shampoo stayed together
approaching the guards. As they came closer the two statues
bared their naganata's poised towards the two.

With simultaneous yells Shampoo and Akane leapt
forward baring their weapons at the guards.

= = = = = =

Ryoaga's body dumps onto the ground near Ukyo.
"How does one hit something he cannot see?" He grunts out
and shakes his head. With that he reaches for his umbrella
near the mirror. And he watches Perfume take a hit to the
midsection and fall to the ground. With a few blinks he
looks to the mirror. "Wait a minute. . . I can see it. . ."

"What was that?" Ukyo knelt beside Ryoga, who
pointed to the mirror.

"Perfume! Duck!" Ryoga shouted out and she ducked
just in time to feel the winds of an attack above her head.

"How you know?" Perfume asked quickly flipping over
to the two. And was startled as Ukyo struck out with her
spatula and contacted something unseen. Ukyo pulled back a
slightly bloodied corner and smirked.

"Take that you jackass!" She looked to the mirror and
saw the beast had taken the hit, but was now looming over
Nabiki, with its axe high over head.

= = = = = =

Shampoo and Akane began their attacks on the guards
who blocked and dodged. Their offence seemed nil until
Akane slipped a strike and paid for it with the butt of the
naganata to her breadbasket. "Akane!" Shampoo leapt over
and protected the prone girl from further attacks.

After catching her breath Akane stood up and coughed
"Thanks Shampoo." Shampoo nodded to her and they began
their attacks. With ferocity the two glinted their weapons and
sliced them through the air. The two guards expecting the
attack blocked the first assault. And their attentions were
averted when their targets switched and both were stunned
momentarily as the blocks were miscalculated from one
opponent to the other.

Seeing their openings the two girls sliced down upon
the guards who staggered back. With smirks the girls gained
the advantage. The guards shook their heads and with a
focused mindset they tightened up. Akane struck over head
at hers, and Shampoo sliced horizontally across hers.

With clangs both maneuvers were blocked and the
guards pressed onward. Shampoo ducked quickly under a
stab as Akane hopped over a slice. Both girls gasped at the
momentum of the fight changed quickly as the guards,
clearly adjusted to the switch, raised their weapons. Akane
and Shampoo retreated slightly and nodded to one another.

= = = = = =

Nabiki gasped as Ukyo's Spatula was before her within
a blink of an eye. And her cold exterior broke with a
shocked yelp as it dented with a heavy blow. "I don't think
so, Jackass!" Ukyo rebutted to the near invisible minotaur.

"Ukyo?!" Nabiki's voice was joyfully confirming the
fact that Ukyo saved her. When the minotaur growled and
came to view.

"You broke my axe! You wench!" the minotaur reached
out towards Ukyo and caught her throat with one huge hand
and lifted her into the air. "I'll break your neck!"

With that Nabiki franticly pulled something out of her
pocket and threw it at the beast. "I owe you. . ." She said as
the glint of metal flew from her fingers. The minotaur reeled
back grasping for its eye dropping Ukyo in the process.

"AGHHRGH!" Growling the beast yanked the
switchblade from the blind eye just in time to receive a
bonbori to the gut and a heavy umbrella to the temple. Ryoga
and Perfume lashed out together and the beast fell to one
knee. Gurgling blood as its one eye stared at the two
combatants. With one desperate move the minotaur snorted
and charged the two teens with its horns aimed directly at
them.

= = = = = =

Akane held her weapon fast as she and Shampoo rolled
passed each other switching opponents again, and again
unsettling the guards' defense. Shampoo sliced out cutting
an arc with her sword into the abdomen of her guard, as
Akane cut into hers with the blade of her lajitang.

After three strikes the girls crossed again pressing the
guards back with their weapons digging into the magical
flesh of the statue guards. Sounds of steel scraping stone
vibrated through the room as the two cross again to continue
their assault on the two golems. With clear strokes they
gathered their chi for their final blasts as they reached the
wall. Both cried out their battle cries.

"Bakadzikara-Toushin-Dakegi!" Akane's voice rang
out.

"Toushin-Shuurai-Bakufuu!" Shampoo's voice
accompanied Akane's.

The two guards collided with the nearby walls from the
blast, breaking through with the amount of combined energy
of the girls the wall falls. With an earth-shaking rumble the
wall settles onto the ground. Dust plumes from the
destruction.

= = = = = =

Ranma-chan's eyes slowly opened up and she reached
to rub her head, in aching realization her eyes snapped to her
wrists that were being pulled on by her restraints. The chains
clinking softly as she struggled. Gamei smirks to her a
moment before refocusing on the display of Ranma-chan's
friends before him.

She reached with her toes trying to feel the ground
before looking. With a sigh she looked down when she
could not reach and gasped at her height. Her ears twitched
and she looked to the far wall. With an explosion the wall
buckled and gave way to the blasts from the other side. She
strained her eyes to focus beyond the dust and as the dust
cleared a smile grew on her face as she saw Shampoo and
Akane in fighting stances. Ranma-chan's glee let her
overlook that both of their stances were not their usual ones.

Gamei stood slightly taken aback at the power emitted
but stood his ground. Kyoko stood up quickly reacting to
the explosion. Drawing her katana as she sees the intruders.
The dust floats onto the ground and Akane steps in slowly.

= = = = = =

The bull charged full steam ahead. Its eyes narrowed
along its horns. Ryoga and Perfume look at each other as the
beast closes in; with a simple hand gesture Perfume nods
and readies herself along side Ryoga. The bull travels head
long into the pair before him ~ Make it easier girlie..~

At the last second they drop onto their backs surprising
the minotaur as their feet catch his chest. Using the
momentum of the charge they toss the unwitting beast into
the air. With huffed breaths they watch the beast sprawls and
collide with the mirror. With a loud shatter the mirror gives
at the point the minotaur crashes through.

= = = = = =

Akane and Shampoo turn to the noise as the minotaur
lands jest a few feet away. Sunlight spills into the room and
flecks of light from the pieces of the mirror spray onto the
walls. A particular light catches Akane's eye and she gasps
seeing Ranma-chan hanging by her restraints.

"Akane! Shampoo!" Ranma-chan smiles softly. Kyoko
looks to the two and points out Akane.

"You. . ." Kyoko's mind reeled at the strong
resemblance this one had with her mother. She charges and
slashed across Akane's midsection and blinked when
nothing was there. She ducked under the blade of a sword
just in time to see Shampoo's arm pull it back. Kyoko spun
tightly and attacked Shampoo who dodged the first thrust of
her katana and was rocked back by the unseen kick. With
gritted teeth Shampoo lunged at Kyoko and regretted it as
she felt the stink of claws scrape across her ribs.

The claws caught on her gi and lifted her up. On the
other end stood Gamei who chucked Shampoo aside. "One
on one. . . Kyoko has chosen her first opponent." Shampoo
nodded weakly as she looked up to Ranma-chan's body,
She could see that she was held pretty well up there.

Akane gripped the staff of the lajitang, feeling it in her
hands as she circled Kyoko Slowly. Akane sends out a jab
and Kyoko blocks it with a counter strike, which Akane
avoids. Akane's brow sweats as she feels the aura from this
girl, almost inhumanly strong. With speed they begin a
series of attacks, slicing down and across only to have it
blocked by the other. The pace is ever so rough on the
combatants causing both to breathe heavily as the strikes
continue.

Akane settles heavily into her stance as Kyoko rests
back on her heels. With a stabbing motion Kyoko manages
to cause Akane to back up. Akane swings wildly with the
blade catching Kyoko surprisingly and she winces as her
arm tingles slightly. Akane now notices the warmth at her
thigh where a lucks strike seems to have connected. She
shifts slightly and falls to her knee, panting. Kyoko steps
back and watches taking the time to recuperate as well. Her
eyes look to Ranma-chan with fleeting hope.

"Akane. . .." Ranma-chan says softly.

"Ranma-chan. . . She's tough. . ." Akane spoke with
breathlessness. "I don't know if I can win. . ."

"Don't give up. . . Akane. . . He loves you. . ."
Ranma-chan's words were accompanied by the shake of
Akane's head. "Its true.. I of all should know. . . Please
don't give up. . ."

"I..I. . . " Akane began.

"RANMA IS WAITING FOR YOU!" Ranma-chan's
words echoed off the walls tears softly falling from her chin.

Akane blinked at the volume of Ranma-chan's statement
and nodded brushing away the wetness at her eye she stood
up and glared at Kyoko. "lets finish this!" Kyoko nodded
and rushed in curving the blade towards Akane. Akane
blocks and rolls past Kyoko causing her to hop over the
blade of the lajitang. Akane spins and bores down with an
over hand strike. Kyoko Blocked in the nick of time and
flew back a bit.

Kyoko blinked as she stopped from the force. ~Whoa
that was something~. She saw Akane step forward and
swing the end of the lajitang at her. She gathered her chi and
sliced at the weapon as it was hurtling towards her catching
it just under the blade and she smirked seeing the end
severed from the shaft.

Akane gasped as she saw the blade break off. She spun
and began to stab Kyoko seeing an opening from the chi
manipulation. Then she froze a screech of pain caught her in
mid move. ~Ranma-chan.. no..~ Her eyes darted to Ranma-
chan hanging from the wall and winced. Blood dripped from
Ranma-chan's chest where the end of the shaft could be
seen.

Shampoo cried out plainly seeing the blade stapling the
red haired Ranma-chan to the wall. She saw her cough,
blood spilled from her lips as she convulsed causing more
blood to flow. Ranma-chan's tear softened eyes were open
in shock and pain, glazing slightly as her body twitched,
hanging her head low.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" Akane's and Shampoo's cry boomed
through the cavern.

= = = = = =

Ranma's eyes opened as pain shot through his body. He
arched his back gripping the sides of the gurney . Tofu runs
in and attempts to restrain him and assess the situation his
eyes widen as Ranma caughts out blood and convulses tears
running down his face. Gurgling out "Akane. . .." His body
flops onto the gurney his muscles relax as Tofu stares at the
EKG. . .. . ..

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 9

Aftershocks

Akane dropped her lajitang and fell onto her knees.
Sobbing she holds her head in her hands. Shampoo nearby
frozen, with her mouth gaped she stares at Ranma-chan's
still form hanging on the wall. Ukyo feinted as is currently
being held by Nabiki and Perfume. Ryoga blinks a few
times and slowly spans his gaze to the others in the room.

Gamei's eyes watch the blood as it slowly dries upon
his wall. Kyoko steps to the wall placing a small, quivering
hand on to it, sobbing quietly.

= = = = = =

Kasumi finishes up the dishes humming slightly. Soun
reads a newspaper as the phone rings. "Kasumi dear, could
you get that?"

"Oh yes, father." Kasumi's feet thump lightly to the
phone and she picks it up. "Hello?. . ." A mumble can be
heard. "Dr. Tofu?. . . Yes. . . Oh, my. . .. We'll be there as
soon as possible."

"Was that the docto. . ." Soun began but abruptly
stopped as he saw the look on his eldest daughter's face.
"What is it Kasumi?"

"Something dreadful has happened we need to get to the
hospital." Her face ghost white from the news. She and
Soun waste no time in exiting the house.

= = = = = =

Tofu looks in on Ranma through the window at the
hospital. Nurses traveling behind him. A wrecked Genma
kneels beside the doctor staring at his son's lifeless form. In
his hands Ranma's shirt is clenched between his fingers.
The bandana crumpled, his glasses dangling from his ear.
Genma weeps rocking back and forth.

A short while later Soun and Kasumi walks in. Soun
looks to the two standing at the window and rushes to look.
"RanmA!!!! " Soun wails out before joining his friend in
mutual weeping. Kasumi steps up to Tofu who hugs her
tightly for warmth.

= = = = = =

Cologne's face wrinkles slightly in worry. "Just great. .
... Ranma and Ranma-chan have been mortally injured." Her
eyes close in thought. Mousse scrubs the floor of the Neko
Hanten.

= = = = = =

Ranma opened his eyes and grabbed his head. "oww. .
... What a headache. . .. Huh?" Ranma's eyes unblurred, his
surroundings were confusing at the least. A limbo of colors
and patterned mist coat the area. He stood up but swayed
from side to side fighting to regain his balance "Whoa!"

"Easy, It takes getting use to." A voice startled him. He
spun around and saw himself.. rather his female self looking
him in the eye. "Hi. . ." She said softly.

"Hi. . ." He repeated and blinked. Managing to stand
still he stretched alittle and she giggled. "What?"

"Still the martial artist. . . Just as I thought."

"Yeah. . ." His eyes gazed to the ground and she
smiled.

"Its good to see you again.. I thought I lost you."

"Same here." He looked to her.

"Now that you two have reunited we have some things
to discuss." Ranma and Ranma-chan looked over to the new
voice and gasped seeing a woman that that wore a dress and
looked similar to Ranma-chan. In many ways mostly the
eyes and bone structure. She was older maybe late twenties.
They nodded and followed the woman as she guided them to
her home.

They entered a small quaint home not too far from their
original position. With that the two sat in the living room
with the woman.

= = = = = =

Happosai sat near the table at the Tendo dojo. His eyes
cast towards the pond, a smoking pipe in his lips as he
ponders what he's heard. A small line creases the martial
artist's brow. "So. . . He's really hurt.." His voice creaked
out.

Cologne nodded in confirmation, watching the old man.

= = = = = =

Nabiki's thought was broken when her cell phone rings
out. With a swift hand she puts it to her ear "Moshi moshi?"
She listens. "Father.. Slow down. . .. What's happened?"
The eyes of the room look at her curiously. "Ranma
what!?!" Akane quiets as she hears the one sided
conversation.

"What happened Nabiki?" Akane's words shuttered.
Nabiki's eyes faltered and Akane felt her heart stop.

"He. . ..He's dead. . .." Nabiki's words were barely
audible. Akane looks blankly at her sister, disbelieving her
heart seems to stop and crust over with ice. She could feel
the dread stirring deep within her soul. Nabiki dropped her
phone and coughed. Shampoo barely noticed the
conversation but got enough of the news to wither inside.
Ryoga's face was stern and he stared at the phone on the
floor. Silence enveloped the party as the seconds seemed to
drag on.

Gamei's face screwed up with anger. His eyes seethed
as the blood on the wall dried, the energy fluxed around his
body in visible rays. With a slight concentration of light in
his hands, a large hammer appears and he slammed the
business end into the hard floor, causing the floor to vibrate
with visible shock waves in all directions. With a yell he
pounded the floor again causing the walls to collapse,
creating piles of debris. It was all the party could do to stay
upright, but the quake was too strong. Ryoga shielded Ukyo
Perfume and Nabiki with his umbrella from the falling
rocks. Akane and Shampoo curled into small balls soon as
they realized the trouble. When the dust settled onto they
realized one thing. . . they were trapped.

= = = = = =

Ranma and Ranma-chan sat looking to the woman. "My
name is Sakura. . ." Ranma-chan's eyes thought a moment.

"That's why Kyoko called me that." Ranma-chan smiled
with knowledge.

"Kyoko? I haven't seen her in a while; at least since her
mother went to the mortal world. . ." Sakura said smiling
softly. "You two have healthy spirits. . ." she took a
moment to think "And yes I did fall into a spring in
Jusenkyo.. long ago. . ." Her words became soft and
Ranma-chan scooted closer.

Ranma spoke up "That's why you two look so much
alike, isn't it?"

"That has some to do with it." Sakura nodded. "But it
seems his bloodline was expecting a girl."

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" Ranma-chan
questioned.

"Well the fact that both of you are separate can
accommodate for that, and the fact that both spirits didn't
combine in this place is another." Sakura enlightened the two
martial artists. They contemplated that for a minute before
looking to Sakura. Sakura's smile faltered.. Hmm it seems
there is a small problem."

"What do you mean?" The two asked simultaneously.
They blinked and looked at each other with astonishment
before Sakura interrupted them.

"look.." Sakura lifted a small kettle of water and poured
a small puddle in the middle of the tale. Confused the two
looked anyway, their eyes widened as the table beneath the
water gave way and they saw the mortal realm below. They
saw Akane, Shampoo, Ukyo and the others in the cave.
Trapped.

"Hey. . . They're trapped!" Ranma said without
hesitation. He stood up looking at the viewing puddle with
concern.

Sakura looked up to the young man as did Ranma-chan
who soon followed his lead "He's got the right idea, we
need to help them."

Sakura watches the two as they nodded "I know you
want to help them.." Her words seemed to be ignored as
they leapt at the puddle.. "Wait!" Her words were in vain as
she saw the two fall into the void.

= = = = = =

The two fell into the puddle and found themselves in a
dark room.. the floor seemed solid but missing. The black
walls seemed hard to make out, and neither of them was sure
they even existed. Ranma-chan looked up to Ranma and
Ranma looked to her, they gulped softly. . . They were lost.

= = = = = =

Gamei spun his hammer in the air and pointed to Akane.
"Kyoko! Shackle them.. Leave this one alone." Akane's
eyes opened wide as her body felt a sharp pain. Her world
dimmed as she fell to the floor limply.

Ryoga growled.. "How dare you do that to Akane!" His
words were menacing and he soon found himself squealing
out in anger. Kyoko stood by with a bucket of water,
looking innocent as she placed the cuff around the body of
the little black piglet.

"That is interesting.." Nabiki eyed the pig before her
hands were roughly taken from her sides and places in
shackles. She struggled but Kyoko's grip was too strong.
Shampoo stood readying her sword as Kyoko walked to
her.

"Shampoo no let you take her without fight!"
"Assuming you had a choice my dear." Gamei's words
dripped with magic, Shampoo soon found herself drifting to
sleep. She fought the spell for a full minute frustrating
Gamei, until he saw her drop like a rock. Without hesitation
he spelled Perfume to sleep ~No need for this amazon to be
stubborn as well.~

Kyoko shackled the fainted Ukyo last with a huff. . .
"Uh. . . What the" Ukyo looked at her wrist and to the girl
before her. "You!" Kyoko blinked and backed up. "You,
hurt Ranma-chan!" Ukyo lashed out just short of reaching
the girl and cursed herself. Kyoko looked apologetic and
turned leaving the captives in the room through the only
door, into Gamei's main hall. Soon Ukyo felt tired; her
bones ached until she fell into a dreamless slumber.

= = = = = =

Tofu sat the two father's down and tried to calm them
down, futile but a good effort. Kasumi sat with a small
worried look, most unbecoming of her as she watched her
father and Mr. Soatome speak in half broken sentences. The
four made it back to the Tendo house hold, Kasumi thought
it would be better if the two were at home, and it made her
feel better that she was home too.

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 10

Fate

Ranma looked around, the light and shadows playing
tricks on his vision. His eyes darted from here to there,
thinking to glimpse a moving object. Ranma-chan's eyes
also moving around more closely observing the darkness
then her counter part. They waited a while before the room
brightened.

Within the room stood a woman, with long black hair,
who smiled at the two. She smiled softly; her emerald green
dress fit snug to her curves as she approached Ranma and
Ranma-chan. "So. . ."

Ranma looked a bit puzzled "Who the heck are you?"

The woman spoke with a soft voice echoed through the
room "I am the goddess of fate and destiny. . . of the Kami.
... . Some call me Karta. . ."

"What are we doing here, I thought we were headed
towards Gamei's region." Ranma-chan spoke up.

Karta nodded "By the kami, you are a fiery one." She
chuckled softly as she walked around the two "No. . . I have
seen how you are, and how you two feel about your friends.
... ." Her eyes locked on to Ranma's "It was a mistake you
two are even here. . . And it is my job to send you back, into
the world. When and how is all that is to be decided. . ."

"We want to go back now to help them!" Ranma's
concern driving his words.

Karta nodded softly. She turned to a vacant wall and
with a wave of her hand, created a door. "Through here" she
said "you will find your way through here."

They looked to each other and ran to the door. Ranma
grasped the handle and pulled it open. They saw a strange
light with in the hallway they were peering into. But without
much thought they walked straight in.

= = = = = =

Akane awoke first. Her eyes were blurry from unheeded
tears. With an ugly sniff she looked around. Her eyes
focused on the still form of Ranma-chan lying near the wall
where she had been kept. With a burst of speed she scooted
over and gathered up Ranma-chan's head into her lap. With
soft crooning she brushed the red hair from the girl's head.
Ranma-chan's eyes were now closed. Akane slowly looked
around and gasped softly as she saw her friends locked with
chains. The only one that wasn't here was Ryoga. . . And
how did P-chan get here?

She shook the thought from her head, figuring
something must have happened. Her eyes scanned the area
once again. "Well, what do we have here?" A voice came
from behind her. She spun around with a start. With a smirk
his head cocked slightly in arrogance. "Is that the way you
treat all your guests, Akane Tendo?" Kuno took a step
forward.

"Kuno?" Akane asked herself in disbelief.

"`Tis I fair maiden." Kuno looked at the place and
frowned at the sight of Ranma-chan's body. "`Tis a sad day
when such a lovely flower has been cut from it's stem."

"What? What are you doing here? How?" Akane ran the
questions out as she thought of them.

"It matters little how I am here, it is to say the old
woman, from the Neko-Hanten, has lead me to this place."
Kuno's eyes span the area. "She thought it best to bring
such a noble warrior to the fray. She sought me out when
that vile creature Soatome was pronounced dead at the
hospital."

Akane felt her way through the spewing of words
thrown from Kuno's mouth and a tear ran down her cheek
as she deciphered the fact that Ranma was dead. ~Gods. . .~

"Cry not for my arrival, dearest Akane." Kuno looked
to the others and one by one he examined the chains. "For it
was the heavens that have brought that mirror to my mansion
and the old ghoul to spell it to make me here."

Akane nodded, understanding what he meant. ~So the
old ghoul found another gate mirror here.~ Her mind went to
her friends and Kuno sat beside Ranma-chan's body, and
delicately brushed the hair from her face.

= = = = = =

Ranma and Ranma-chan silently walked down the path
before them. The hallway opening up to a vast arrangements
of colors and images. Ranma paused seeing the memories
from long ago, the cat-fist. He smirked slightly and stilled a
shiver before walking on. Ranma-chan smiled softly looking
into the image where Ukyo befriended Ranma.

They continued down the path, stopping to glimpse
some bits and pieces of their past. They both stopped at the
image of Jusenkyo. They could clearly see the guide now.
His greenish brown suite, waving his arms, trying to warn
them. It seemed a long time ago.. When it really wasn't two
years ago. The path before them forked. In the middle of the
fork a small pool with a bamboo sticking from it, much like
the pools in Jusenkyo.

To one side of the fork, Ranma could clearly see the
time he first met Akane and the Tendo's. They had a really
rocky beginning. The other fork seemed a misty green, no
images were shown just a possible path. Ranma-chan looked
down the paths before looking into the pond. Her reflection
brought a small smile, then as she watched the reflection
changed to the male Ranma behind her. As he sat and stared
at the reflection within the pool, Ranma, wondered why
there was two clear paths here, and not elsewhere, he would
have thought other things he had done would have effected
his life. . .

= = = = = =

Kuno took the final blow to release P-chan from his
restraints. "These binds were inadequate for my skills." He
said turning to the rest.

Ukyo sat near the body of Ranma-chan, along with
Akane, and Shampoo, the area seemed quite full. Perfume
sat with P-chan asleep in a bundle of clothes from Ryoga's
backpack. Silence filled the room, taking shallow breathed
Kuno sat and meditated.

Akane then stood up "Now what are we going to do
now, mope? We need to get back to our families and.." She
looks to Ranma-chan's body and falls silent.

"Akane is right" Nabiki's voice came from a corner
where she was digging. "We can't just sit here, Our families
are going to be worried about us, and the fact that Kuno is
here means that the old woman thought we might need
help."

"Shampoo think Nabiki right. Great grand mother,
Cologne no sent stick boy for nothing." Shampoo's voice
cracked with emotions.

There was a low rumble as Nabiki pulled her pack from
the rubble. "Well, well, well, it seems you are all awake."
Gamei's voice trailed to the captives. They looked to the
demi-god and his assistant with malice. Kuno sprang to his
feet with a well-practiced pose.

"You, foul demon, have hurt the ones I, the Blue
Thunder of Furinken High, love. Prepare to defend yourself
cur!" Kuno's voice spoke of anger.

Gamei looked at the kendoist and smirked "What do you
think you are?" With a step forward he advanced toward
Kuno. "You don't know what you are getting yourself into."

With a confident smirk Kuno leapt forward bringing up
his boken to bare. With a smooth motion Gamei sidestepped
letting the young man slide past him. Kyoko with a single
movement drew her sword and sliced the boken and re-
sheathed in as he was still in motion. With blinking motions
he stood staring at his weapon.. "Perhaps, I have made a
slight flaw in my attacking without knowledge of skill. . ."

"Perhaps." Gamei looked to the others.

= = = = = =

Ranma looked to the pools of swirling mist that hovered
just inches from the pool's surface, lost in thought. Sitting
back on her ankles Ranma-chan sniffed softly, causing
Ranma to look at her "What's wrong?"

She wipes her eyes softly with the back of her hand "I..
I just wonder if your life would've been better without me. .
..."

Ranma was silent, he didn't know what to say. For the
longest time he didn't like, no hated, being a girl, but can he
say it? Can he say he wished it not to happen? Even he
didn't know. He took her into his arms and stood up with
her. She sniffled a few more times and looked up to him.
The two watched each other looking for signs of thought.

= = = = = =

At this time Kasumi looked around with a forlorn look.
A very odd look on her usually calm face. With trepidation
she walked down the empty hall checking up on the
cleanliness of her sister's rooms, once again feeling the pain
in her gut seeing the photo of the gang on Akane's wall. ~It
has only been half a year since these walls have felt the
presence of Ranma~ Her thoughts made her enter the small
room and pick up the photo. Her fingers drifting over Akane
and Ranma. ~I'm sure it was fate that brought you to us. It
wouldn't have been so homey if you never would have
come.~ Tears drifted down the eldest daughter of Tendo's
cheeks, and with a silent sob fell back onto the bed,
clutching the photo to her. ~I just wish, you and Akane
weren't fighting all the time to realize how much you meant
to each other. . .~

= = = = = =

Soun passed the dojo's doors. ~These haven't been
open since-.~ His eyes watered again at the loss. Genma
was staring out into the sky on the porch, his hands holding
a small cup of cold tea.

= = = = = =

Cologne sat in the Neko Hanten sipping tea. Across
from her a figure sits, covered by a shadow and with it's
own tea. "I am thankful that you let us use the mirror." The
Figure nodded in response.

= = = = = =

Ranma sat looking to the pool of water, with a
thoughtful look on his face. He looks to the person next to
him and smiled at his female half. She sat with a similar look
on her face as she stared at the pool. Her eyes softly
unfocusing with uneasiness. Ranma's eyes refocused to the
pool before he realizes something. With a fluid motion he
spins around to face the new comer.

>blink,blink<

"Hello sir and madam. . ."

~The Jusenkyo guide?~ Ranma's head whirled as he
saw the man with the green Chinese uniform. Ranma-chan
spun around at the new voice and raised an eyebrow. "Wha.
... .?" Ranma began before the Jusenkyo Guide interrupted
him.

"I am here to tell you this, very tragic story you have
brought here." The Jusenkyo guide paused making sure he
had their full attention. "You have choice as you did before,
listen or no, not listen you know what happen so you listen
to me now?"

They both nod vigorously and in unison: "Yes we will
listen."

"You now see two different paths after this one. One
path you know and the other you don't know. Your choice
now, step into spring or no?"

The two thought about this for a moment and Ranma
looked at Ranma-chan and puffed a small breath out of his
lungs. The guide took this time to disappear before any
questions could arise from the two.

= = = = = =

"If you want to leave, you will have to go through me."
Gamei slowly studied the group before him.

Kuno steps forward with his usual arrogance and
smirks "Does thou plan to taketh us all together? You seem
to under estimate us as I you, before." From nowhere he
brandishes a Katana, softly wrapped in cloth.

Akane softly raises an eyebrow recognizing the sword
but can't remember where. Nabiki near by shifts to see the
sword more closely. ~hmmm. . . that does seem familiar.~
With a shake of their heads Akane and Nabiki put the
thoughts aside as Kuno with one swift maneuver unwraps
and unsheathes the sword.

"I will not make the same mistake twice, as I ready
myself for this battle. In times of peril one must stand
against the odds to win the fight, lest ye be pursued as
cowardice." Striking a pointed pose, Kuno continues
"Prepare yourself!"

"Stick boy right." Shampoo sniffled and she too drew
her sword. Perfume and Ukyo drawing their weapons soon
followed her.

"I for one ain't gonna sit around and do nothing, its our
duty to get out and give Ranchan What their life deserves."
Ukyo said stepping towards Gamei.

Akane's eyes narrowed slightly "That's right, for
Ranma. . ." She stood wiping the tears from her face and
took up her Lajitang, feeling the off centered balance of it in
her hands. With a determined look she took it in both hands
~I sure wish Ryoga wouldn't have gotten lost, we'll need
him..~

P-chan scuttles up to Akane and narrows his eyes at
Gamei obviously ready to fight. Akane looks at him with a
smile. ~How *cute*~

Kyoko steps back looking to the group of determined
faces. She looked towards Akane again, her face set and
angered. Somehow she didn't like the looks of that. With
Gamei's order she sat back.

Bringing forth his hammer Gamei looked around,
watching as they separated into a semi circle around him. He
gripped the hammer tightly in his hands. Knuckles white and
his teeth bare. The group gasped as the man before them
grew to a height of 7 feet, towering over all of them and with
a smirk he twirled his hammer in his hands.

= = = = = =

Ranma takes a deep breath looking to the spring.
Unsure of how to continue, he sits. With soft breaths, he
looks to Ranma-chan. She looks as unsure as he is. He
thinks of all that has happened to bring him here. With that
he plunges into the water. . .

To be continued. . .

= = = = = =

Part 11

Hiryu Shoten Ha

Light cascaded around Ranma's being, the pool looked
much shallower than he realized. His hands clawed though
the water, his lungs burned with the need of air. His eyes
slowly clenched shut. His body tingled familiarly, like the
first time he changed. A million prickles of magic seeped
into his pores, again with accuracy changing his form into
what had died there so long ago: a girl.

When he pushed through the water's surface he gasped
the new spring air. His eyes looked around and saw the
familiar surroundings of Jusenkyo. His hands checked to
see if his change really did happen. With a soft whine he
knew it had. He climbs out of the water and onto the ground
slightly muddy from his little dip into the pool. His dripping
form slowly made his way p the out skirts of the area of
Jusenkyo. Then it hit him. . .

= = = = = =

Akane watched her friends advance toward Gamei, her
heart pounded with worry. P-chan lunged first, straight for
Gamei. Gamei ducked and received a hard blow of a bon
boor for his inattention. Akane noticed then that Kyoko was
not in the fight with Gamei, but instead was walking
towards her with a look on her face. Akane paused and
stepped away from the others and squared off with the girl.

The time passed slowly between them. With a nod from
both parties and they threw down their weapons, choosing a
hand to hand bout. Nothing seemed to faze their little world.
Not eve the occasional body that flew across their view. The
started out slowly at first. Akane sent a front-kick that was
met with a sidekick. Kyoko set up a round kick and found
nothing but air.

Each movement was like another wave in the sea,
accompanied by a larger quicker wave, crashing into the
shore. Their strikes came faster and faster. the world around
them distant in their thoughts as they continued to fight.

Gamei on the other hand paused for a moment and with
a sudden burst of force knocks the others back, as if the
fight itself was trivial to him. With that he looked to the
others and loomed in, slowly making sure they realized he
was in control of the situation and he was. One moment
struck and another his body slowly gathered chi. The others
watched in awe as the monstrous licks of energy tickled their
skin. And with a flick of the wrist, he had them pinned to the
wall with trails of bright energy, binding their limbs.

With them taken care of his attentions went o Akane and
Kyoko. Their fight was quickened to a raging pace. Each
move flowed and spun into the next. Like a weaving pattern
their battle auras mixed with each other as they went.

= = = = = =

Ranma felt like he was on fire. The impact of time
rushing through his being as he saw glimpses of things that
happened: Shampoo, The meeting with the Tendos, The first
spar with Akane, Kuno, Ryoga, Kodachi, the skating pair,
everything.

Colors streaming past his vision, feelings rushing
through his veins, thoughts crashing into his mind. The
feeling was confusing and enlightening him. Each flash of
memory conjured another. Time slowed as his mind went to
more recent things. His form traveling as fast as he could
run. Down the path that he chose, down the path of destiny
that he thought he knew.

He saw the unknown ahead of him. He saw his friends
their, waiting. And he pushed, gaining speed, towards them.
His heart pounded in his chest as the line sped away from
him. He still pursued after it. His hair flying back at the
speed he was running. He needed to save his friends. . . and
he needed to get their fast. . .

= = = = = =

Helpless the others watched Akane and Kyoko fight. In
awe of the energy that was being expended and renewed
with the fight. Gamei even admitted under his breath the
display these two were making was extraordinary.

With a roll toss Kyoko flew across the room, but landed
on her feet. Her eyes narrowed at the thought of being
bested and charged into Akane who took the flying-kick and
slid back on the floor. She flipped to her feet with a huff of
air from her lungs. They stood much the way Kyoko stood
with Ranma-chan earlier, across the room breathing, as they
got ready for the fight. Kyoko's face was wet with
perspiration as was Akane's, and Akane wiped the sweat
with the back of her arm.

Akane clenched her fists and rushed in, sending a
sidekick to the waiting girl. Kyoko without thought slipped
under the leg and caught the ankle and jammed her elbow
into it, and with an awful *crack*, Akane cried out. Kyoko
rolled back and saw Akane grab for her leg, obviously
broken by the unnatural bend in her shin.

Kyoko walked to Akane and looked down upon the girl.
She knelt to her, her eyes searching her opponent's face.

"Kyoko. . . finish her." Gamei said softly.

Kyoko shook her head "no.."

"What!?" Gamei's voice boomed his displeasure in the
refusal.

"She. . . looks too much like my mother."

"How dare you? How dare you defy me, finish her!"
Gamei's anger grew steadily as he spoke.

Kyoko stood and faces Gamei. "I will not!"

Gamei's energy flared in anger as his body swelled and
his hammer was brilliant with light. His face twisted with
rage as he advanced towards Kyoko and Akane "If you
won't both of you die!" Kyoko stood with her face set and
didn't move.

= = = = = =

Ranma's run finally made it's way to the end. His goal
was near and her could feel the pressure of the living world
just beyond it. A thousand needles pricked his nerves as he
pushes ahead. His vision splintered into many facets of color
and light. He pushed onward.

His mind and body feeling the weight of the physical
world as if for the first time. His heart raced as he met the
wall of the past, to present, to future and broke free. . .

= = = = = =

Gamei lifted his hammer high above his head and
collected the energy in the business end of it. In that moment
a boom of sound made him pause. His eyebrow lifted as he
felt the wind pick up, slowly at first then bits of rubble
gathered into the wind and flew across the room. His eyes
saw the glimpses of a specter as it rushed the perimeter of
the room speeding around in an unearthly pace, then another
smaller specter following the first.

The ones on the wall felt the wisps of cool air as it
passed them in a chilling wind. Without much as a thought a
gust of hot smoldering air shot past them, picking up speed.
Like two beams of light bending, the eerie tendrils of hot and
cold solidified and blazed through the once still air.

From the two glances of hot and cold came a single cry
"Hiryu. . ." As the bodies of the wind coiled inward they
sped, and with a similar cry they all heard "Shoten. . .". By
now the wind was tremendous and the loose dirt on the floor
scraped on the fleshes of all that were there.

As the facets of air spiraled into the middle of the room,
where Gamei was standing, the wind formed and surprising
gasps of recognition went through the room as the final yell
shattered into existence "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" Ranma-
chan's voice rang out washing over Ranma's as they
collided creating the awesome maneuver.

= = = = = =

The top of mount Fuji exploded in a plume of rock and
dust. A giant ice blue Dragon lifted into the air, closely
followed by a Phoenix. Down the sides of the mountain and
through the earth, waves of energy shook the ground,
shattering the top layers of soil and rock as it sped with a
rippling wall of destructive power. Knocking over buildings
and sending trees, uprooted from their places, the shock
wave trembled through Tokyo, and most of Japan.

Lingering in the epicenter the Dragon and the Phoenix,
climbed into the heavens and out of this world.

= = = = = =

As the rubble cleared; the sun broke through the thick
cloud. Ranma and Ranma-chan lay adjacent to each other in
the middle of the room. The battle scarred cave showed the
weathering of the wind as Akane opened her eyes. Her head
pounded as the blood pumped through her veins. The top of
the cave was obliterated from the blast of the hiryu shoten
ha.

Her eyes scanned the remains of the room and saw that
the cave was mostly gone. With a whimper she looked
around for her friends. She froze seeing Ranma and Ranma-
chan. She tried to get up but the pain in her leg was too
much to put any weight on it. She felt a hand help her up,
and looked to see Kyoko brace herself and take Akane's
weight and help her to Ranma. "Thank you. . ." Akane
whispered as she was let down by Ranma.

Kyoko smiled and looked to Ranma-chan. "Your
friends are unconscious." Kyoko's voice was soft.

A drowsy moan brought their attention to one of the
walls as Ukyo stood up. "Ow, did anyone get the license of
that car?" she gently probed her ribs with a finger feeling the
tenderness of them. Kyoko smiled to her "Look, sugar,
thanks for not killing Akane."

Akane blinked and nodded "That's right, you said. . ."
Her words stopped as Kyoko faded into the background.
"Wha?"

"That was strange." Nabiki's voice came from behind
one of the boulders that had been the wall. Ukyo ran over
and hugged her, after a moment Nabiki hugged back.

"Whoa, check out the beautiful scenery." Ukyo smiled
and went back to help Akane to have a look. It was
breathtaking. The small mountain range was softly covered
with a light sprinkling of snow. The fact that they were atop
Mount Fuji helped the magestics of the view.

"Is beautiful." Shampoo's voice made them look over
and nod softly to her. All four girls smiled, looking over the
Japanese territory.

The End of Book 1. . ..