[Ranma/SM][FanFic] The Pheonix Prince Saga Book 1, Part 1, Chapter 1

Linda Ward

Feb 4, 2001, 12:18:04 AM2/4/01
Ranma laid on the ground and stared groggily up at the sky while short
skirted girls leapt and raced about overhead and around him.
All through the chaos and destruction he could only come up with one
thought.
"How did I get dragged into all of this again?"

The Phoenix Prince Saga
A Sailormoon and Ranma1/2 crossover of epic proportions.

Book One: The Nest
Part One: A New Home
Chapter 1: The Failed Wedding

The dojo was in shambles. The decorations lay in tattered wisps of ash and
cinder about the oft holed floor and walls. A small fire still flared up
intermittently from the coals that had once made up a rather nice looking
altar in the front. All in all, it was obvious that something drastic had
occurred here during what should have been a happy joining of two like
souls.
Standing in the midst of the chaos, Ranma Saotome slowly drops to his knees
and heaves a heavy sigh as he gazes over the destruction. As always, nothing
had gone as planned. Shampoo he could have expected, even Kuno was no
problem. The fact that he brought a real katana was, but as it was Kuno, it
was handled. No, the real shocker was Ukyo. He couldn't help but sigh again
as he remembered her part in this mess. He had thought that she was his
friend! What a fool.
Nodoka watched as her long-lost son fought to reconcile himself with what
had happened here mere hours before. Akane had yet to remerge from her room
where she had rushed to only minutes after the wedding was called off.
Nodoka still remembered how the poor girl looked with tears staining her
face red with anger as she raced from the sight of her destroyed future in
her ravished gown. This time it was Nodoka who sighed.
'Perhaps it was for the best, after all. Ranma and Akane are both so young.
Getting married like this, being forced into it, and everything probably
would have destroyed any chance they may have had for happiness,' She
thought. 'Some time apart would do them good... That's exactly it! I'll take
Ranma with me when I go home, and learn just who this 'man among men' is
that I call my son!'
"Ranma?"
"Hai, Okaa-san?" the young man in the center of the room responded, finally
looking up with eyes that were much older than they should have been.
"I have been thinking, son. It is time for you to come home. This time when
I leave, you shall come with me."
"Hai, Okaa-san. B-but whadda 'bout Akane?"
"She shall remain here, of course. You need some time apart. My honorable
husband and his friend have been very forceful in their attempts to get you
together. This time separate may be just what you need."
"Hai, Okaa-san. I gotta say that I ain't really happy with all this,
though."
Nodoka winced slightly at the peasant lingo issuing from her son's mouth.
'Obviously, my honorable husband does not believe that a man among men
should sound like intelligent creature. Disgraceful. Something will be done
about that.'
"I understand that, son. However, it shall be dealt with in time. Of this, I
am certain." Nodoka paused for a second, "Son, I wish a boon."
"A boon? What's that?"
Nodoka winced again, before continuing. "A favor, son. A boon is a favor."
"Well, why didn't cha say that in the first place?! What is it?" he asked
suspiciously.
Nodoka suppressed a groan before continuing. "I need for you to get your
many girls to promise not to come visit you for any cause during the time
which you are with me."
"How the hell am I supposed ta do that?! Ya don't know these girls!
Shampoo's been chasing me for the past two years, Ukyo's been at it for over
ten years! How the hell should I keep them away?!"
"I do not know, son. All I ask is that it is done."
Ranma thought about it for a moment before agreeing, albeit tentatively.
"Ok. But, ya don't mean Akane, do ya?!"
"Yes, most definitely not Akane."
For a moment, Ranma looked ready to argue, but a glance at the bundle in
Nodoka's arms quelled that thought. A disturbing thought for Nodoka, that
her "man among men" son should fear for his life.
"Hai, Okaa-san, it shall be done."

Three days later, Ranma and Nodoka stood before the Tendo compound with
their possessions. Before them stood Soun, Nabiki, Genma, and Kasumi. Akane
was no where to be seen, a fact that was not lost on a bewildered Ranma.
"Farewell, gracious hosts and honorable husband. I thank thee for harboring
my son until I could come to retrieve him. May many honors fall upon thy
house." Nodoka said with a bow.
"Farewell, honorable visitor. We send with thee our well wishes and hope for
a quick and safe journey home. May honor fall upon thy house." Kasumi
replied with a bow, speaking for the main part of her family, as Soun was in
tears.
"Uh, bye y'all. It's been real... and it's... uh, been uh, fun..." Ranma
began, scratching the back of his head.
"But it ain't been real fun." Nabiki finished for him. "See you around,
Ranma-kun. You better make sure you come back for the panda, or I'll start
adding his room and board to the fees you owe me."
It was as close as Nabiki ever would get to saying that she would miss
Ranma.
"Uh, sure." Ranma just smiled and nodded. "Um, wouldya, um that is, since
Akane's not here and all, ya know. Wouldya give this to her?"
Nabiki takes the proffered letter with a feral smile.
"Why of course Ranma-kun! I'd be more than happy too!"
"For a fee, right? Here. It's all I got on me."
Nabiki just shrugs as she takes the few hundred yen and heads back in the
house.
"I guess that's it, Okaa-san."
The two lift their bags and turn to leave. It's not for several blocks
before either is heard to speak again.
"So where is it that you live anyways, Okaa-san?"
"Juuban, son."
"Any weird stuff there?"
"Oh, there are a few youma attacks here and there every once and a while. We
normal people generally do not get involved though."
"Good."
"Why is it that you ask?"
"Just wanna make sure that I'd fit in. That's all."

******
Disclaimer: Ranma1/2 and co are owned by Rumiko Takahashi. SM and co are
owned by Naoko Tachuchi. All spelling errors, weird grammer and typos are
mine, darn it! ;p

Send any comments you may have to ami_an...@hotmail.com
Flames will be frozen (but read previous). The Dragon has Spoken. So mote it
be.

Want to be a pre-reader for the Pheonix Prince Saga, Aftermath, or one of my
other fanfictions? Just drop me a line at ami_an...@hotmail.com with the
subject of "Pre-reader" and I'll get back to you A.S.A.P.! ;D

--
Look not for me in bright of day
Look not in dark of night