[Ranma][FanFic] Unfonding Destiny pt 2 the Silence

Rick

Mar 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/23/99

This is a fanfic in the works that can be seen at
http://www.macol.net/~marshall
Ranma is owned by Vis Communications, Rumiko Takahashi,
and other subsidiaries.

Unfolding Destiny

Part 2

The silence:

Ranma stared at the ceiling of the Tendo dojo, his head rested
on his enfolded arms. The shadows danced slowly as the cars drove by.
"What am I gonna do?" He asked himself. "If he goes after Akane I don't
think I can beat him.. He sounds a little tough.." With a snort he sat up
"what am I saying, of course I can take him!" The manhood inside showed
confidence but his all too familiar feminine side had her doubts. Ever
since his curse was put apon him he felt an eerie presence deep within a
different voice in his head that understood Akane in a way

and yet didn't.

His door opened and a voice called "Ranma. Dinner will be ready
soon. Better come and get it while its hot Soatome" Nabiki's voice was
ever so charming. "Oh and Ranma talking to yourself is a sign of
weakness."

"Shut up Nabiki!" His retort came out a bit too harsh than he
would have liked. Nabiki smirked ever so slightly.~Thats gotta be bad..
Nabiki smirking has gotten me into trouble.. Especially in the wallet
department~

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

As Ranma sat at the table his eyes looked to Akane a moment then
looked away as she peaked out the side of her eyes at him. She smiled
inside but the smile never made it out before he grabbed at his father's
pickle ~honestly~ she thought.

Ranma sat quietly for a moment as he ate and listened to the
music in his head. Ever since that accident where he thought he was girl
for a

day, a slight humming that was his female half's voice cradled his mind at
times when he either thought of trouble or when he was just feeling down
or lonely. It always seemed to know what notes to hit to make him feel
good inside and it was working, his nervousness about Akane needing to
smack him was gone and he felt peace. That was until he looked at Akane
and she looked straight at him with a smile "Wha..." his mind went to
mush.

"Ranma.. would you kindly *let go* of my *dress*." Her
assertiveness made him let go of everything even his chopsticks. That was
when he realized that he had her skirt under his palm and against the
table holding the edge up slightly. He had been in his dreamy state long
enough to mistake her skirt for a napkin.

"I...I..." ^Whak!^ Stars were the last things he saw that night.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

As the mourning sun arose Akane was up in the kitchen once again
trying her hand at her cooking. Being over seen by her sister Kasumi, she
smiled softly at the misshapen omelet she was preparing.

"What's for breakfast Kasumi dear?" A sign peaked into the
kitchen door.

"It'll be ready in a moment Mr. Soatome, please have a seat at
the table/" Kasumi replied with her usual attitude.

The sign flipped around with the word "Alrighty" on the reverse
side before it vanished out into the hall way.

Ranma peered in with a slightly puzzled look and began to walk

to the front door before Akane stopped him. "where do you thing you're
going Ranma?" She questioned him.

Ranma froze slightly and looked to her. "Just going or a jog
Sheesh Akane." His nonchalant response came out almost perfect.

"Oh, really? You thin---" She began as a horrendous shattering

blow came through the wall and an arm latched onto Ranma's head.
"K.....?" She looked to a man carrying a huge hammer of marbled granite
strapped to his back his face clearly in a smirk as he dragged Ranma in.

"Ah, here she is." His huge arm cradled Ranma's head before he

grabbed the back of his head with one hand and his face with the other.
Akane , Genma, Soune, Nabiki, and Kasumi, watched shocked both at the
man's size and his manhandling of Ranma's body. With an audible rip he
tossed Ranma, who seemed unharmed by the ripping and a second look to the
man revealed that Ranma's female half stared at the male half in
disbelief. Then as it hit her the man departed, her body wracking in pain
as the cells in her body began to solidify the sorrowful look on her face
as she knew her time with the male half was severed. Ranma glimpsed this
in her face before the figure and the female half vanished before all
their eyes.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

A very cold and wet male Ranma stood in front on the bathroom
mirror. His disbelieve and happiness over this "cure" was not shining
brightly. After the incident Genma suggested him trying to see if the
curse was lifted. Here he is staring at himself in the mirror, wit a frown
splayed across his sullen face. His mind ever so cluttered with the
female's dispirited demeanor. Her lost voice, one he never thought he
would miss, was gone. Gone... A tear came to his eye and slowly made its
way over his eyelid, traveling down his cheek and into the still water in
the sink.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Akane watched quietly from the partially opened door. Her silent
figure unnoticed by Ranma as of yet, she saw the face he was making and
his cure did not make him completely happy, in the least it was mournful
in appearance, if she didn't know better she might think he missed the
female side of him. She knew all the remarks and remembered him hating his
body and being a girl half the time but in any

case she saw his mood and it seemed so transparent. "Ranma?"

Ranma started and looked at her "What do you want Akane"
Defiantly wiping his cheek.

"Are you alright?" She said knowing that he might not answer
truly.

"No..." He said much to her surprise. "She's gone.."

"I now the curse is gone, Ranma."

"No, *she* is gone." He looked turned to face her. "Her voice,

her smile, the way she felt.. All gone." Akane stood there dumb- founded.

*blink-blink*

"Its silent...silent in my head without her.. like a part of me
isn't there any more."

Akane's eyes began to water slightly and realized the face that
the female gave to the male was given for a reason and the fact that
Ranma's

heart yearned for the female side..the way..the way she wanted him to
yearn for her, of course she would never admit it, made her sadness even
more nagging. "Then.. then we'll find her.." She said, his eyes gave a
sign of hope but his face never let the ray through the clouds of

despair.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Ranma went to bed early that day, But in his restless night
sleep was with out a doubt not going to happen. His garbled head still
trying to find the girl he had in his head. He still remembered being in
girl form but his touch with why he did things in that state were quite
lost.

Some time between midnight and one Ranma decided to head to the
dojo. As he passed Akane's door he noticed it was cracked open. Quietly
he opened the door ever so slowly. He saw her buried in the pillow and her
arms hung off the sides. If he looked hard enough he could of figured out
she was awake, but it was too late. "Snuck in again

Ranma?" her voice came in a whisper.

"ah... No I uh.. Saw your.. door open and I uh..." His mind
hurled the words to his mouth.

"Oh so an opened door is an invitation?" Her anger grew.

"No!" he retorted "Thats not it at all!"

"You pervert!" She threw a pillow at him and he dashed off
fearing a mallet. he ran down the hall and turned a corner blindly. And
into the bathroom where he slipped into the cold bath with an instinctive
reaction he reached for the hot water tap and stopped.. He was still a
guy. And the old term "Never gonna be a girl again" became so blatantly
clear to him. Not that being a girl was that much fun, it was the part he
lost.

As he stood silently, a towel wrapped around him and he turned

his head to see who it was. It was Akane and she stood there looking to
him, the moment of silence dragged on. with a blank stare his words were
gone from his head, she just gathered him up and took him into the living
room where he sat on a pillow as he dried. "Thanks for the towel,

Akane"

Akane blinked and nodded slightly. "You're welcome, Ranma.."
They sat looking at each other, blinking seldomly....

To be continued

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

C&C Will be apreciated
at : Knigh...@aol.com