[Ranma][FanFic] The Road Less Traveled: Chapter 4

ran...@yahoo.com

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
The Road Less Traveled
by Michael "Ranma13" Cerda

6/25/00

I do not take credit for the Ranma 1/2 characters. They are owned and
created by the goddess Rumiko Takahashi. The rights go to her and Viz
Communications. This is my own story and in no way express how Rumiko
wanted her story to go. All other characters are my creation and are
not to be used without my permission. With this at mind, enjoy.

--------------------

Chapter 4: Vengeance

The sun had just risen over the east. Casting a glow over the
horizon. Still early in the morning, most people were just getting out
of bed. Not for one person though.

Jogging along the beach, Ranma's been up for awhile. Getting away from
the daily routine he put himself in, he decided to do something
different. "I hope nobody's watching me." As Ranma took off his shirt
and shorts, underneath he was wearing a one-piece bathing suit.
Quickly putting down his towel, he ran into the water. Hitting the
water he instantly changed into his female form. The red headed pig-
tailed girl.

"Ahhh, the water feels great." Ranma-chan swam out into the ocean,
enjoying the water.

********

"You're kidding me Beth?"

"I don't know, I just don't know if I want a boyfriend right now."

"Why? He's gorgeous."

"Because, I broke up with somebody just a month ago. I don't think I'm
ready to get into another relationship already. Anyways, I don't even
know if he's interested. He didn't try to kiss me."

"Stop." They stopped walking, as Daryn turned to Beth. "You should get
over it, Not many guys come along like Ranma. You should just go for
it."

Beth looked at Daryn, "I have to think about it."

They continued walking. After taking a short break trying to get used
to school Beth and Daryn started their early morning walk on the beach
again, much to the reluctance of Daryn. Beth had been thinking about
Ranma, since that night she took him out for pizza. She really liked
him, but didn't know how he felt toward her.

Walking down the beach, they heard noises coming from the water.
Stopping they started looking where the sounds was coming from. They
spotted a girl swimming in and out of the water. Daryn pointed out the
girl swimming in the water.

"Wow, she has a lot of energy." Daryn was almost envious. She wished
she could have that type of energy at this time of the morning.

"Yeah, you can say that again." Watching, Beth stared as the girl was
heading to the shore.

The girl was getting out of the water, she was small and slender. She
had long red hair pulled back in a ponytail. They haven't seen anybody
with such beauty and grace. They admired and were envious of the
girl. They watched as she was walking toward them.

"Okay that's it, I'm definitely hitting the gym. Look at her she can
put anybody to shame." Leaning over whispering to Beth.

Beth was still staring. She had never felt intimidated by a girl
before, but there was something about this girl that made her feel
uneasy. Something also came to her, she looked awfully familiar.

Getting out of the water, Ranma felt alive. He loved the ocean and
even if he were girl, he wouldn't let that stop him from having fun.
Looking out to where his clothes lie, he saw Beth and Daryn staring at
him. Gulping, Ranma-chan walked towards them. Hoping that they
wouldn't try to talk to him. He was already nervous from their
stares. Standing in front of them he picked up his clothes hoping to
make a clean getaway.

Daryn couldn't resist anymore, "Excuse me, how could you stand the
water? Wasn't it cold?"

"Huh, uh." Looking around, he was starting to get nervous. Trying to
stay cool, "Not really I....I found it kinda invigorating."

"I've never seen you around here before. Are you new in town?" There
was something about this girl that didn't seem right to Beth. She just
didn't know what it was.

"Uh, yeah. You can say that." Picking up his clothes trying to get
away from the girls.

Intervening she put out her hand, "I'm sorry for being rude, My name's
Beth." Pointing to the side of her, "This is Daryn," as she waved to
Ranma.

Ranma-chan took Beth's hand while nodding to Daryn. `Get it together
Ranma, they have no idea who you are,' thinking to himself. "Hi, my
name is Ran.....Ranko."

"Ranko, where are you from?" Beth had noticed Ranko's nervousness.

"Japan," Quickly closing her mouth, "I have to go." Quickly walking
away, Ranma nodded to Beth and Daryn. Heading down the beach with a
quick pace.

"Hmmm, that was interesting." Beth watched Ranko walk down the beach,
wondering why she was so nervous around them.

"What's that?" Daryn turned to look at Beth.

"I don't know, haven't you noticed that Ranma and Ranko look alike.
They have the same gestures and way of speaking. Plus they are both
from Japan. I don't know, but I think they maybe related somehow."
Beth turned to look over at Daryn.

Daryn just waved off Beth's comment. "You're just thinking too hard."

"Ranma came out here to be away from his family, maybe Ranko came here
to bring him back." Beth turned to watch Ranko run off in the
distance.

"Well enough of that for right now Sherlock. You still have a decision
to make about that gorgeous man of yours." Daryn grinned, she would
love to have her friends problem right now.

"Yeah I know." Watching Ranko disappear from her sight. "Let's get
back, I still have to get ready for class." Beth and Daryn turned and
headed in the opposite direction. She still had a decision to make
about Ranma and didn't have an answer to the problem yet.

********

"Whew, that was close." Closing the door behind him, Ranma entered his
apartment. Looking around he sighed, "I better go get in the shower."
Heading into his bedroom, Ranma undressed. Entering the bathroom, he
turned on the shower.

He still had to get used to taking showers, which was one thing that he
missed was soaking in a furo. Stepping into the hot shower Ranma
automatically changed into his male form. By now he was used to the
change, and welcomed his normal self.

Satisfied that he was clean, he stepped out of the shower. Taking a
towel off the rack he started to dry himself off. Walking into his
bedroom, Ranma opened up his closet and took out the outfit he was most
comfortable wearing. A red Chinese shirt with black drawstring pants,
his clothing of choice.

Putting on his clothes, Ranma went into the living room. Looking
around he walked over to his picture of his family and friends. "I
miss everyone, I wonder if they miss me at all."

Taking the picture he leaned against the wall and slid down. Just
staring at the picture, especially Akane. "I wish I could have seen
you one last time. Maybe it was a mistake to leave so early."

Ranma continued to sat in his empty apartment, staring at the picture
and Akane. Depression started to set in, staring at the picture he
realized now how lonely he really was. He put the picture down as he
looked at the ceiling. For once in his life, his emotions come out as
a tear came down his cheek and fell to the floor.

********

"I can't believe how boring that class was." Beth's walking back to
her dorm building. Just getting out of her philosophy class, "Thank
god I graduate after this year. I don't think I could handle another
year of this crap."

Beth didn't pay much attention in class. Her mind was consumed with
what she'd wanted to do about Ranma. She didn't know whether she
wanted to just be friends or try and continue it further. Even though
she only had one date with him, if she could call it that. There was
something about him, something that drew her to think about him
constantly. The baby blue eyes, his boyish behavior or his stunning
good looks. `Uggghhh,' this was so frustrating. She would talk to him
and see how he felt toward her. This was the reason why she didn't
want to get into another relationship. She was going to graduate this
year; she didn't need all this in her life right now.

After Beth thought about what she should have done. She decided to
head straight for Ranma's apartment. Passing her dorm building she
continued walking towards his apartment. Her mind was made up; she was
doing the right thing. She thought anyways.

As Beth walked on, she didn't realize that somebody has been following
her. Lurking behind her, staying in the shadows out of sight.
Unaware, Beth continued walking toward Ranma's apartment.

********

Ranma's had been sitting on the floor for awhile. Unaware of the time
that's been passing by. "I have to get out of this depression. What's
wrong with me? It's was my decision to come out here." Getting up and
looking around he realized what his problem was. "I have to start
treating this apartment like my home. I've been living here as if I
was on vacation." A knock on the door interrupts his thoughts.

Walking over to the door, he opened it. "Hello sir."

"Ranma my boy. How are you today?" Standing at the doorway was an
older Oriental gentleman. He was wearing a pinstripe suit. Shorter
than Ranma, but much more stockier. He had short black hair with some
gray in it. He was reminiscent of a typical Japanese businessman.

Ranma gestured for him to come in. "I'm doing okay sir."

"Please Ranma call me Take'." John Takehiro was the owner of the house
and apartment Ranma lived in. He was also the owner of the Martial
Arts studios Ranma taught in. Ever since the day he met Ranma, he knew
this boy was something special. Proving his point, once the boy
started teaching some classes his enrollment almost doubled. Entering
the apartment he looked around the room.

"Sorry s....Take'." Closing the door behind Take.

"That's better," Looking at Ranma, he knew something was wrong with the
boy. "You seem down, What's wrong?" Watching with concern.

Looking down at his feet, "Well, I think I'm starting to feel homesick."

"Well know wonder Ranma, look at his place. This is your home not a
training facility." Walking around the room, he didn't realize Ranma
didn't have any furniture. Only the coffee table in the middle of the
room. "Ummm, Now let me see." Folding his arms Take started to
think. Quickly he snapped his fingers. "I've got it, don't worry
Ranma I will take care of everything."

"No, that's ok. I don't want you to do anything special for me."
Ranma didn't like people to do special things for him. He felt like he
owed them and Take was too kind to him already.

Waving Ranma's statement off. "Don't worry, since you joined my
staff. The enrollment has been very good. Let's just say this is my
way of saying thank-you."

Ranma didn't know what to say, he felt guilty. Like he had to do
something for Take's kindness. "There must be something that I can do
for you. To return the favor."

"Well, now that you mentioned it. I want another rematch." Bringing
himself to his tallest stature. "I'll not go easy on you this time.
Take will be victorious. Wha ha ha ha ha ha ha." Laughing
psychotically, he calmed down. "Oh yes, I will be victorious."

* Gulp * "Uh, s..sir are you alright?" Ranma stared at Take in
disbelief.

Take' quickly snapped out of his psychotic mood, "Never better why?"

Ranma smacked his hand on his forehead, keeping his hand on his
forehead he shook his head." Why do they always find me?"

"So how about it son, want another rematch." Take' has been obsessed
with Ranma. They haven't fought since the first day they met, that day
spotted Ranma on the beach.

***

"Ahhh, what a great morning for a jog." Take' stopped and peered out
at the ocean. "It doesn't get any better than his."

* Haaaya *

Take' looked out to where that cry came from. Out in the distance he
noticed somebody practicing his Kata's. Letting his curiosity get the
better of him, walked over to take a closer look.

He watched as a boy started doing some impressive Kata moves. The boy
was dressed in a white tank top with black pants. He had black hair
that was tied back in a ponytail. He watched for awhile, amazed on how
fast the boy was. He couldn't figure out the fighting style.

"Okay that's it I have to find out who this kid is." Taking a deep
breath, he walked over to him. "Excuse me?"

The boy stopped and stared at Take'. "Yes?" With a hint of annoyance
for being interrupted.

"Yes, I couldn't help, but notice you practicing here. I couldn't
place the style you're using. Would you mind telling me what the style
is."

"Well actually, I do mind. I will just say it's a family style."

Take' couldn't believe that this little punk would not tell him what he
wanted to know. Thinking, an idea popped into his head. "Sorry for
sounding rude, my name is John Takehiro." Offering his hand to the boy.

Looking up and then at the hand, the boy took it. "I'm Ranma Saotome."

"Now I know you're not from around here, Your Japanese right?"

"Yeah, I just arrived here a couple of days ago."

"Do you have a place to stay, or any sort of way to make money." The
trap was set, he would easily trap Ranma into a match.

"No, I'm staying on the beach right now." Pointing to a tent behind
him.

"How about this then, we a have a little sparing match. If you win,
I'll provide you with a place to live and a job. If I win, you will
tell me your style and show me a few techniques."

Ranma thought for a minute. He does need a place to stay, sizing up
John. He thought about realizing he had to do this. "Yeah, why not."

Excited Take' quickly set into a fighting stance. Bowing to Ranma, who
bowed back. As they took their positions, Take' had a huge grin on his
face. `This will be a piece of cake. This kid doesn't realize that I
own a line of martial art studios and I'm a triple black belt. He
doesn't have a chance.' Take' was starting to get really confident.

Attacking first, take lunged for Ranma. For a guy his age he was
pretty face. As he reached Ranma he blinked, as Ranma wasn't there
anymore. Feeling a tap on his shoulder. Turning around, he stared at
Ranma who was behind him. He quickly followed by a kick, which didn't
come close to hitting Ranma. He followed with a series of kicks and
punches each missing its target. After ten minutes of Take' hitting
air, he stopped and looked at Ranma.

"H...* huff * How come y... * huff * you didn't try to h...* huff * hit
me?" Take had his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.

Ranma walked over to the tired man. "Sorry, you're a very good martial
artist, but I didn't want to hurt you."

Take' looked up and would have been pissed at what this guy just said,
but when he looked at Ranma. He had this confidence and there Take'
knew that what he said was true.

"Well I promised you a job. I own three martial art studios. How
would you like to be one of the instructors." He saw a gleam in
Ranma's eyes as soon as he mentioned being a teacher.

Getting excited, "Sure"

"Great! I can't pay you a lot, but I do have a little apartment above
my garage. I use it as a storage room. If you clean it out its yours."

"Okay" Ranma walked over to Take' and put out his hand.

Taking Ranma's hand, and shook it. He would find out what style Ranma
was and eventually beat him. "Well Ranma, lets pack up your stuff and
I'll show you your new apartment." As Take' helped Ranma pack up his
camp, `Saotome huh, where have I heard that name before.'

***

"Yeah, why not." Ever since he met Take', he's been bothering to have
another sparring match. Each time Ranma's declined, but he must spar
with him so he can get Take' off of his back.

"Great! Well I guess I better be going." Take bowed to Ranma who
bowed back. As Take' was about to open the door.

* knock * * knock * * knock *

"I'll get the door for you Ranma." Take' opened the door. He stared
at a beautiful blond in front of him.

"Uh, Hi, is Ranma here?" She looked beyond the man inside the
apartment.

Ranma quickly walked up to the door. "Hi Beth."

Beth held her breath, she hasn't seen Ranma for a couple of days. The
very sight of him gave her goosebumps. "Hi Ranma."

"Hummmum, hummmum."

"Oh, Beth this is Take'. Take' this is Beth."

Shaking Beth's hand, "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you."

Turning to Ranma, "Well Ranma I guess I better get going. I'll talk to
you later." As Take' walked out of the door. Behind Beth's back he
put a thumb up and gave Ranma a wink.

Ranma quickly ushered in Beth and quickly closed the door and Take.
"I'm glad to see you. Sorry that I haven't been by to see how you're
doing."

"That's okay. I've been busy, with classes starting and everything."
Beth was starting to get nervous, she had to talk to him, but she
thought she should wait till she felt it was a better time. There was
something she wanted to talk to him about though, "There was something
strange that happened this morning."

"Oh...oh really. What was it?" It completely slipped his mind that Beth
and Daryn saw him in his female form this morning.

"Well, I was jogging this morning on the beach. Daryn and I saw this
girl. There was something strange about her. Then I realized that she
acted, moved and talked just like you. I was wondering if she was."

Ranma braced himself, he had never met anybody who figured it out. He
might as well tell her. "Yes it was."

"I knew it! I knew it was your sister."

Ranma looked at Beth kinda dumbfounded. His brain was still trying to
register what Beth just said. For one thing his secret was still a
secret to his relief. He hated to lie to her, but he couldn't tell her
just yet. "Was she a red head with a pig-tail."

"Yes that's her." Beth was getting excited that she figured it out.

"Well she's my twin sister. I didn't think she would find me so soon."

"Is she here to take you back to Japan." Beth was getting worried, she
didn't want Ranma to leave just after she met him.

"Yes, she is." Ranma kept calm, he needed to go with this. Changing
the subject. "Why don't we get our minds off of things and go get a
bite to eat."

"Sure, why not?" Beth wanted to know how he felt towards her. Each
minute she's with him. She can't help, but fall more and more for this
guy. Every time she looked into his deep blue eyes. Somehow she
forgot about everything else getting herself lost into his gaze. She
watched as Ranma opened the door for her. Walking out the door, she
looked up at his face as she passed by. He gave her a smile, all she
could do was smile back. Walking out of the door. Beth thought that
maybe she could see herself with him. She'll definitely have to think
about this some more.

Ranma and Beth walked down the stairs and headed towards a local
restaurant. In the distance there lied a person trailing Beth.
Waiting for his chance, he just sat there and hid. Knowing he would
get his chance to get his revenge.

********

Beth didn't know what to think anymore, she was so sure of herself.
Today though, she had a great day with Ranma. They first went to eat
at a local restaurant. She was able to see how good of a person Ranma
was. They talked and laughed, it felt nice to be with somebody again.
After their lunch they decided to go and watch a movie. The movie
itself wasn't very good, but that didn't matter. She was falling for
Ranma and she had it bad for him.

Walking with Ranma, she looked up at him. She never really felt love
at first sight, but she had a feeling this was how it felt. She knew
how she felt for him now, but the question was how he felt towards
her. Which she would find out by the end of the night.

Ranma didn't know what to do about Beth. He really liked her, but he
didn't know how she felt toward him. She was fun to be with and was so
nice. Not to mention she was gorgeous. He just had many things on his
mind. Maybe he'll talk to her and find out how she felt toward him.
They did need to talk that was a guarantee. He looked down at her,
their eyes meeting each other in a gaze. She was definitely beautiful.

The sun was setting, the sky was a beautiful magenta. With some purple
and red mixed in. Walking in silence, they reached the park that
they've walked through many times in the short time they've known each
other. Not knowing that they had each other on their minds. Unsure
about how the other felt. They knew that the talk was inevitable.

Walking through the park, Beth would have thought she would be scared
to death. She wasn't scared a bit, to her that night didn't even
happen. She was a strong person who would not let that night dictate
her life.

***

In the middle of the park a figure was hiding in the bushes, waiting
for his opportunity. Like a tiger lying in wait for the right moment
to pounce on it's prey.

***

Ranma was enjoy his time with Beth, something started to feel strange
to him. He looked around, but didn't notice anything. Something was
troubling him, with all of his years of martial arts training he could
sense when something was about to happen.

Beth definitely noticed the sudden change of Ranma's mood, "What's
wrong?"

Ranma looking around, "I don't know." He tried to stretch out his
senses. He knew something was out there, and for what he could tell it
was all around them. He brought Beth behind him.

Beth behind Ranma was getting frightened. She didn't like how he was
acting. She knew something was terribly wrong. Looking around, "Let's
get out of the park as quickly as possible."

***

The figure in the bushes watched as Ranma and Beth started to walk
quickly toward them. He smiled as they reached the point he wanted
them to be, "NOW!"

As Ranma heard the shout, he looked around at his surroundings.
Cursing himself, they stepped into a clearing surround by bushes. A
perfect place for an ambush. He watched as nine men jumped out of the
bushes. All were surrounding them, as they carried various weapons.
To his relief none were carrying guns. He had some luck after all.

"Well, well, well. Isn't it the bitch," A young man walked out from
the group to approach Ranma and Beth. "And look guys," as he turned to
look around the group. "It's the hero." All the guys started
laughing. "Well hero, the last time we played. You left so
unexpectedly, so I decided to bring some friends." Pointing to Beth,
"Now bitch! We didn't get a chance to finish what we started. So I
figure my friends and I could all have a turn of having some fun." All
the men started to get a hug grin on their faces.

Ranma just stood there cool and calm, "I'll give you guys a chance. If
you leave now, you'll not get hurt. After that I can't promise what
will happen to you."

Beth looked up shocked at what Ranma just said. She couldn't see his
face, but this was totally insane. She felt awful, it was because of
her that Ranma was in this trouble. Tom of all people was the one who
was attacking them.

"Beth go over to that tree." Ranma was pointing to a tree out of the
way. Turning around to face her. "You'll be safe there." Looking down
at her giving her a reassuring smile.

"Yeah get over there. Don't worry we will not forget about you."

Beth quickly went out of the way, heading to the tree and hiding behind
it. Her first instinct was to turn and run, but that wouldn't be the
right thing to do. It was her fault for all this in the first place.
She needed to stay near Ranma no matter what happened.

Ranma waited till Beth was out of the way. He went into a fighting
stance, letting his battle aura flow through him. Getting his mind
clear and into fighting mode. Allowing his senses to stretch out
sensing everything around him.

"Huh, you sure are confident for somebody who's about to die. Get Him!"

The men rushed after Ranma, as he stood his ground waiting for the
right moment.

********

"Ahhh, What a great meal." As Take' patted his stomach. "Seeing Ranma
always makes me crave some fine Japanese cuisine." Take' had been
obsessed over Ranma, ever since they sparred that day. There was
something about him that was very mysterious to Take'. "Enough of
Ranma tonight. This will be a night of rest and relaxation. Possibly
talk to some family out west." Yes, he couldn't wait to get home.

Take' took his usual way home, through the park. "Looking around, I
love these nights. Who wants to drive when you can walk in this
beautiful weather." He stopped as he looked out in the distance. "It
looks like somebody is being jumped." Take' ran over to where the
action was happening.

"Get Him!"

Take' ran as fast as he could. Stopping, as his eyes couldn't believe
what they were witnessing. Ranma was getting attacked by,.. nine
men. "Ranma!"

Ranma didn't have time to look in the direction of the voice. "Take',
I'm fine," Ranma dodged a bat swing and kicked the guy in the back.
"Go to where Beth is and make sure nothing happens to her."

"But!"

"No, Buts! Just go!"

Take' scanned the area, finding Beth scared behind a tree. He could
only see the head poking out from behind a tree. As quickly as
possible he ran over to her. "Are you alright."

Beth looked up scared she didn't know what to think. Not only did she
risk her own life, but also Ranma may get killed trying to protect
her. She was starting to go mad.

Watching the madness come over Beth, Take' took Beth and looked into
her eyes. "Don't worry, you going crazy will not help Ranma out. You
need to stay strong."

Beth nodded as tears started streaming down her face. Mustering all
the courage she could, Beth calmed down. As she looked out as the
fight continued.

Watching Beth satisfied she was all right turned his attention to the
fight. Anger was swelling in him. Clenching his fist, Take' wanted to
fight alongside Ranma. He knew Ranma didn't stand a chance against
nine men, it would eventually catch up to him.

***

The men stopped attacking as they circled Ranma, trying to figure out a
way to get through his defenses. Circling waiting for an opening to
happen.

Ranma hadn't broken a sweat. To him these guys were a joke, but he
couldn't take the chance of an accident happening and some innocent
bystander getting hurt. He knew that he had to end this fight
quickly. "Look, I don't want to hurt you guys. If you leave now, I'll
forget this whole thing happened."

The men looked at each and laughed. One of the men spoke up, "Nice try
hero, let's finish this."

Ranma was angry now. Smiling, "lets" he said calm and coolly. He
watched as some the men rushed in after him.

As they reached the spot where he was standing they blinked in
astonishment, as he wasn't there anymore.

Ranma in a flash took out the first that rushed after him with powerful
punches to the faces. The other men looked at each other and all at
once rushed after Ranma. Thanks to Take' he could concentrate solely
on the fight and not have to worry about Beth. Rushing after the
attackers Ranma, as quick as lightning rushed in the middle of the
group.

***

Beth was watching in awe. She couldn't believe that someone could move
that fast. He was moving so fast, her eyes had a hard time trying to
keep up with him. "Take' why are they being knocked out."

Take' watched at the young man. He had never seen such speed in a
person before nor had he ever seen such skill. "He's moving so fast
that he is almost invisible to the naked eye. I didn't think that
somebody could be that fast."

Looking closer, finally she saw what Take' was talking about. Or at
least she thought she saw what he was talking about. "Can anything
like that be possible."

"I wouldn't have believed it, but," Pointing to the battle scene,
"there it is."

***

In the bushes off to the side, Tom was watching as one by one his men
were getting their asses kicked. Knowing when to retreat he left the
park cursing the man who had ruined his life. He problem wasn't with
the girl anymore, he would come back and this time kill that guy for
good.

***

As the last of the men fell to the ground, Ranma looked around the
area. Nine men were laying on the ground unconscious. He scanned the
area for Tom who was nowhere to be seen. Breathing in a sigh of
relief, he walked toward Beth and Take'

As the two looked at each other in amazement, they didn't know what to
say. Never had they ever seen anything like what they just saw.

"Are you alright Beth." Ranma looked at Beth, he knew she was
physically all right. He was worried about her mental state of mind.
Witnessing something of this nature had to take a heavy toll on the
mind.

Staring at Ranma, "Y...Y....Yeah."

Ranma smiled, he knew she was going to be okay. Turning to Take',
"Thank-you very much for protecting Beth."

Take' had the same look as Beth, "Huh, uh, don't worry about it, I was
glad to have helped out."

"Well I think we should get out of here Beth, it's getting late."
Ranma looked at Beth. He watched as she was looking around at the
bodies lying on the ground. "Don't worry, they'll be out for awhile.
Just in case though maybe we should go around them." Ranma turned to
Take', "I'll talk to you later Take'."

Take' looked at the bodies sprawled everywhere, "Yeah." He watched as
Ranma led Beth through the park away from the bodies, disappearing from
sight. Shaking his head, Take' heading in the opposite direction. He
was amazed at the power and speed of the boy. He hadn't seen anybody
with so much power since that day in Japan. Something suddenly came to
Take'. "Saotome?" With all that he had, Take' took off. Running to
his house a fast as he could.

Leaving the bodies lying on the ground. Who will when woken up will
never do anything bad or against the law again. They'll never know how
close they were to death.

********

Walking in silence, Beth could only look down at the ground.
Occasionally looking at Ranma. She's still running in her mind what
had just happened. She couldn't believe that Ranma was that amazing.
Knowing that he would not hurt her, he even saved her not once, but
twice. She still couldn't help, but feel intimidated who was so strong.

Ranma turned to look at Beth, he had felt very uncomfortable since they
left the park. Beth was not looking at him, but the ground. Turning
to look straight ahead, he gave a sigh.

Turning, she looked at Ranma. Wanting to say something, but she didn't
know what to say or even how she would say it. He had such an
innocent, peaceful face. Not believing that body held so much power.
Turning to look ahead, wondering what she's going to say to him.

They both continued walking down the street, in an uncomfortable
silence. Not really knowing what the other was feeling or thinking.

********

Take's in his attic going through some of his old belongings. At the
time of the fight he didn't recognize the name Saotome, but now it just
came to him. It was the Anything Goes School, he knew it.

Going through a box, he pulled out a pair of lingerie. This was the
whole reason he left Japan in the first place. He remembered that day
for the rest of the life. Thinking back to his younger days, he was in
love with some girl. Even though she never knew, but that wasn't the
point. He couldn't have been more than nineteen years old, just out of
High School.

***

Walking down the street, he heard some yelling coming from behind him.
Turning around he saw a little man running down the street with a
handkerchief wrapped around his face. Behind him were two guys
carrying knapsacks filled with something.

In the far distance he saw girls running after them, yelling
something. He couldn't decipher what they were saying. Trying to
listen more carefully he understood what they were saying. He had a
complete look of shock on his face. "Nay, are they saying give us back
our underwear?"

Take' looked and saw his true love in the group of girls. Take'
mustering up all of the courage ran in front of the little man, "Stop!"

The little man stopped, "Get out of my way you insolent twit."

"No, why are these girls chasing after you, especially." Pointing to
one of the girls who are coming closer. "That one."

"Oh, yeah, I stole some of their little numbers, but that one." He
pulled out a piece of lingerie. "That one had a rare piece indeed.
This will go in my private collection."

Take' was fuming now, reaching over he grabbed the undergarment from
the perverted little man.

"Give that back." The little man was turning red with anger.

"NO!" Take' couldn't believe that one person could be so perverted.

"How dare you?" The little man was glowing a bright red.

Take' just stared as he started trembling. He watched as the little
man started making a huge image of himself out of the glow aura around
him. This made Take' stand there like a deer caught in a pair of
headlights.

"Please master, it was just a mistake. Please spare his life." The
two men were on their knees begging for his mercy.

"Shut up Saotome, Tendo. He had insulted me and now he will face the
full wrath of Happosai, Master of the Anything Goes School of Martial
Arts."

Taking step back, he braced himself for some kind of attack. He
watched as Happosai sent the image toward him. He closed his eyes
waiting for death to come. Nothing happened after a few seconds.
Opening his eyes the saw the group of girls stomping the three men into
the ground. Calling them leaches perverts.... Etc.

Take' took his chance and ran in the opposite direction. He could
hear Happosai in the background. "You will pay for this. I will get
my revenge, no matter how long it takes."

That day Take' packed his bags and the undergarment, which was the only
thing that he had of his love and left for the United States vowing
never to return to Japan again.

***

Take' opened his eyes. "So Happosai has finally found me and instead
sent his student to kill me. Well I have a few surprises for them.
BWHA HA HA ha ha ha, BWHA HA HA ha ha ha."

Putting everything back in the box, he left the attic and headed
downstairs. Since the first day he arrived in the States, he has been
practicing Martial Arts just in case the day arrived he would run into
Happosai. Now he had to plan something for Mr. Saotome.

********

Ranma and Beth had reached her dorm building. They didn't say a word,
the whole way. Finally, somebody broke the silence.

"Well, um," Looking down at the ground. "I guess I should be getting
inside."

Ranma looked behind to the building, "Yeah I guess."

They were standing there in silence, not knowing what to do. They just
stood there staring at the ground.

Getting up the nerve, "I don't think they'll mess with us again."

Beth didn't know what to say, "No, I don't think they will either."

That was it, Ranma known there was nothing else to say. "Well, I guess
I'll be going."

She knew she had to say something else, she didn't want the night to
end like this, "Be careful on your way back home."

Ranma smiled, "Okay."

Beth smiled back, she wanted to so bad. Deciding this was it she
leaned forward....

* Tch * * Tch * * Tch * * Tch * * Tch * * Tch *

Beth covered her face as the sprinkler system kicked on. The spray
passed over the couple, Beth was still covering her face. "I guess
they thought we..." Stopping in mid sentence, she stared at Ranma.

Just standing there, Ranma stared back with huge eyes. Blinking every
so often. As the two just stared at each other.

********

A ship as just pulled into the docks. The ship was coming in unloading
cargo from Japan. As the men hoist crates onto pallets bringing onto
the docks, they failed to notice a small shadow hiding behind some
crates. The small figure in quick movements jumped from shadow to
shadow eventually leaping from the ship onto the docks.

The small figure leapt from shadow to shadow till it reached the
beach. Under light a small black pig was looking around. Starting
down the beach, the pig was carrying a backpack in its mouth. A yellow
handkerchief was tied around its neck.

"Bweeeee."

End of Chapter 4

Comments to: