[Fanfic]The least one can do 4&5[Ranma]

1 view

OneShot

May 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/8/96

Jeffrey "OneShot" Wong

Ranma 1/2:The least one can do 4

Editor's notes:You must read the first three parts in order to get what's
going on. Otherwise, you'll just end up confused.

(Opening scene: It's now an early Tuesday morning. We are in front of the
Tendo's home. The camera zooms in on a single open window on the second
floor. The window leads to Akane's room. Inside, we see Akane sitting on
her bed, leaning up against the wall, her legs tucked up against her chest.
We realize that she's not alone. Nabiki is also in the room, sitting in a
chair.)

Akane:Ranma, that BAKA, came to school late yesterday. He showed up in
class halfway through the day.

Nabiki:That's strange. Kasumi told me he left early in the morning. I
figured he was on his way to school.

Akane:You know what's weird......after Ranma came into class late, he
wasn't at all bother by the fact that he had to stand out in the hallway.
When I saw him, he actually looked happy.

Nabiki:Did you ask him why he was happy?

Akane:Yeah, I did. He told me he was happy because he had a very enjoyable
morning. And when I asked him what he meant by that, he said he didn't want
to talk about it.

Nabiki:That must've made you angry. What did you do after he said that?

Akane:Nothing. There was nothing I could do.

Nabiki:What? You never clobbered him.

Akane:No, I didn't clobber him. Why should I, Nabiki?

Nabiki:Akane, I know you better than you know yourself. You would've
clobbered him. Now.....why didn't you?

Akane:(Looking down)I don't know. I really don't know.

Nabiki:(Thinking)I think I do......

Akane:Nabiki, when I looked at Ranma and asked him to please give me a
real answer, he turned away, as if he didn't want to be around me anymore.

Nabiki:Does it really matter? I mean, you yourself say you would never marry
that 'baka'. Why should that effect you?

Akane:...............

Nabiki:Look, whatever's going on between the two of you, I suggest you get
it fixed, and fast.(Thinking)If you don't, you're going to lose him.....who
knows....you might've lost him already.

Akane:Nabiki, thanks.(Gets up to leave for Ranma's room)

(Nabiki watches sullenly as Akane leaves)

Nabiki:(Softly)Ranma, please don't hurt her......

(Inside Ranma's room, Ranma is getting ready for school. We watch as he
gently places his books into his schoolbag. As he continues to do this, he
starts daydreaming about how he had to bump into Shori in order to get a
hold of one of her books so he could hand it back to her later on in the
day. The thought brings a smile to Ranma's face.)

Ranma:(Thinking to himself as he sighs outloud)Shori.......

(There's a knock at the door, bringing Ranma out of his little reverie.)

Ranma:Come in, the door's open.

(Akane enters the room)

Ranma:(Smiles)Hi Akane.

Akane:(Takes in a deep breath)Ranma, is there something wrong? You've been
acting different for the past few days. How come you never really talk to
me anymore?

Ranma:(Placing hand on her shoulder)Akane, nothing's wrong with me. I've
been....busy for the past few days. That's all.

Akane:But how come you never really talk to me anymore?(Thinking)You
haven't called me a tomboy all day yesterday and this morning.

Ranma:There isn't anything to talk about. C'mon, lets go downstairs and
eat.

Akane:Oh......Okay

(We are now downstairs, in the dining area. We watch as Ranma and everyone
else eat. We notice Ranma looking rather detatched as he continues to eat.
Akane tries to start a conversation with him, only to be rudely ignored.
Nabiki watches all this with a sullen visage. After a few moment of
watching this, Nabiki stands up.)

Nabiki:I'm off to school(Turns to leave)

Akane:Chotto matte, why're you leaving so early? We don't need usually
leave for another fifteen minutes.

Nabiki:I have to get some extra help, that's all. Bye(Thinking)I hope Akane
and Ranma could get things sorted out when they walk to school together....
without me being there.(Leaves)

(We are now with Akane and Ranma as they walk to school together. Akane
has a sad look and Ranma, who is actually walking next to her, doesn't
notice. Akane turns towards Ranma but her words die before they leave her
lips. Ranma is staring straight ahead, not paying any particular attention
to Akane. He doesn't realize how much he's hurting her. They continue on
walking, both saying nothing to each other. By the time they are halfway
to school, Ranma finally looks at Akane. To his shock, he realizes that she
seems on the verge of crying.)

Ranma:(Concerned)Akane, are you all right? What's wrong?

Akane:(Hiding her sadness)Yeah, I'm all right. And nothing's wrong.

Ranma:(Stops walking, concern in his eyes)Akane........are you crying?

Akane:(Wipes a tear away)No, why would I do that?

Ranma:What's wrong? C'mon, you can tell me.

Akane:............

(Before Ranma could ask again, Shampoo, out of nowhere, comes into the
scene and hugs Ranma in a tight embrace.)

Ranma:Erk!

Shampoo:Ranma take Shampoo on date.(Hugs tighter)

Akane:(Getting mad)Humph!

(As Ranma desperately tries to free himself from Shampoo's deathgrip, Akane
starts to fume.)

Ranma:Shampoo, I hafta get to school!(Tries to push her away)

Shampoo:Ranma no goto school. Ranma take Shampoo on date.

Akane:Ranma!

Ranma:(Angry because of the distractions he's getting from Shampoo)What?!?

Akane:Ranma Saotome, don't you dare speak to me in that kind of tone!

(Before Ranma had a chance to apologize, Akane punts him into orbit right
when he manages to free himself from Shampoo. Ranma goes soaring through
the air and disappears, too far up for us to see. After a few moments,
Ranma re-orbits, landing right into a familiar-looking fountain.)

Ranma-chan:(Steaming)Argh!!! Why do I put up with this!?! Why do I hafta
put up with Akane?!? She doen't even let me explain! I try and be nice to
her for a change and what does she do, she still hits me!!! I'm sick and
tired of this....every single morning! I'm definitely going to give Akane
_AND_ Shampoo a piece of my mind!

(We watch as a soaking-wet Ranma-chan get out of the fountain. We watch
Ranma-chan immediately recognize the fountain he fell in. It was the same
fountain where he first met Shori. Memories of their encounter flood into
Ranma-chan's mind. For some reason, Ranma-chan smiles at the memories. He
now no longer seems mad.)

Ranma-chan:I wonder how Shori is doin' right now.......she's most like
better off than I am.

Shori:Ranko!

(Ranma-chan immediately recognizes that sweet voice that just said his
name.....his female name. He turns around to face Shori. Shori stood before
him, as beautiful as ever. She gives Ranma-chan a smile that seemed to melt
his heart. For some reason, all that happened to him before was forgotten.)

Shori:(Smiling happily while trying to suppress a giggle)Ranko, don't tell
me you fell into the fountain again?

Ranma-chan:(Trying to act embarressed)Yeah....uh....I did. I guess I'm
clumsy.

Shori:Don't say that, Ranko. You're not clumsy. You're probably just having
a bad day, ne?

(The last sentence Shori said brought what had happened before back into
Ranma-chan's head, causing him to fume inwardly......until he looked up at
Shori.)

Ranma-chan:That fountain just jumped in front of me from out of nowhere.

(Shori giggles)

Ranma-chan:(Thinkings)God she looks beautiful when she laughs(Laughs along
with Shori)

Shori:Are you busy?

Ranma-chan:Well, not really. Why?

Shori:Don't you have school?

Ranma-chan:Yeah.

Shori:Would you like to walk with me to school?

Ranma-chan:Sure. I'd be glad to.

(The two continue down the street towards Hyaka High School. For some
reason, the fact that Ranma was soaking wet doesn't bother him at all. They
continue down the street for several moments in silence before Shori spoke
up.)

Shori:Ranako, where do you goto school?

Ranma-chan:Uh....Furikan High.

Shori:Ain't that the same school Ranma goes to?

Ranma-chan:(Realizing)Oh...yeah, it is.

Shori:Speaking of Ranma....you won't believe what happened yesterday.....I
saw him again.

Ranma-chan:(Trying to sound surprised)Really?

Shori:Yeah, I accidentally bumped into him yesterday on my way to school.
When we collided, all my books fell. Ranma was so sweet to help pick them
up for me. After that, he asked me if he'd seen me before.

Ranma-chan:(Saying as if he didn't know already)What did you say?

Shori:I told him that we've met before and that he was the one who took me
home a few nights ago. He then told me he wished he could talk to me more,
but had to leave.

Ranma-chan:Was that the last you saw of him?

Shori:No....that's the great part. He later on showed up in my school to
give me a book I dropped when I bumped into him. This was during lunch.
He was great. What happened was that there was this guy who was picking on
me. When Ranma saw what he was doing to me, he got angry and told the
guy to leave me alone. It was great. He was protecting me as if he was my
boyfriend.

Ranma-chan:(Smiles)That's great!

Shori:He beat that bully and his friends up and told them to never bother
me again. For the rest of the day, none of them picked on me. All the
girls who saw this came rushing towards me, asking me how Ranma was like.

Ranma-chan:And what did you say?

Shori:I couldn't say anything. I didn't even get to know him. Although I
wish I could. He's so handsome. I wish he didn't have a fiancee. I'd love
to go out with him for just one date. His fiancee must be lucky to have a
guy like him to marry.

Ranma-chan:................

(The two arrive in front of Shori's high school.)

Shori:Well, I guess I better head on in now. Thanks a lot for walking with
me to school, I really appreciate it.

Ranma-chan:No problem. I guess I best be going now. I'll see you later.
(Turns to leave)

Shori:Ranko.

Ranma-chan:(Turning back around)What is it, Shori?

Shori:If you ever see Ranma in school, can you please tell him I said
arigato for all he's done in the past few days.

Ranma-chan:I'll be sure he gets that message.

Shori:And can you tell him that if he doesn't mind, I'd like to get to know
him. I wish I could be near him.

Ranma-chan:Okay. I'll see you late. Bye.(Leaves)

Shori:Bye, Ranko. Thanks for walking with me to school.(Turns around and
enters the school)

(By now, Ranma's wet clothes have dried off. We watch Ranma head back
towards his own school. As he continues down the road, he spies a coffee
shop. We watch him enter. After a few minutes, a slightly damp male Ranma
emerges from the store and continues his trek towards his school.)

Ranma:(Recalling those last few words Shori said in his head)I wish I
could be near him.(Softly to himself)Shori, you're a lot nearer to him than
you expect.

(With that said, Ranma heads off towards school, a smile on his face.)

<End for now>

Well...there's another fanfic. First off, I'd like to say that
these characters were created by Rumiko Takahashi(except Shori) and I would
never infringe on any of her works. Please e-mail me if you have comments.
Keep in mind that I like writing developement stories. I'm sorry if I
disappoint you when you found out that this fanfic wasn't as zany as most
others. I'm sorry for any spelling or grammatical mistakes. I hope this
fanfic is getting some kind of emotional response from within.

P.S.-If you want any of my other fanfics, just ask.
Please note that I'm online seldomly.

Jeffrey "OneShot" Wong
<Bye>

Jeffrey "OneShot" Wong

Ranma 1/2:The least one can do 5

Editor's notes:You must read the first four parts in order to get what's
going on. Otherwise, you'll just end up confused.

(Opening scene: It is now Tuesday afternoon. We are in front of Furikan High
School where we see a slightly damp, male Ranma finally arrive. Albeit he's
late, he seems happy. Maybe it's the fact that he had met Shori earlier
today that seemed to brighten his day. We see Ranma enter into the
courtyard, which is filled with kids because it's now around lunchtime. We
can see kids sitting under trees, enjoying their lunch while others are
busy playing games. While most of the people were enjoying themselves, one
wasn't. Sitting alone, under a tree, was Akane.)

Akane:(Slowly eating her lunch)I wish Ranma was here so I can share this
lunch with him(Sighs)He seemed to always like Kasumi's sandwiches. I wonder
what happened to him. He should've been back a while ago. What's taking that
him so long. That baka...........

(Akane seems sad when she realized she was mad at Ranma...and for what. It
wasn't his fault that Shampoo latched onto him like that. Why did she have
to overreact? Akane felt an overwhelming sense of guilt at what she had
done to him.)

Akane:(Thinking)Why did I have to hit him? He's been nice to me for the
whole morning. Not once had we gotten into an arguement when we were
eating. He was even nice enough to ask me what was wrong when he thought I
was crying. I even saw it in his eyes....that concern he had for me.

Ranma:(Softly)Hi Akane.

(Akane came out of her reverie with a start. She thought she was alone.
When looked up, she saw Ranma standing before her. For some unexplainable
reason, Akane's heart started to flutter. It was as if she was glad to see
him. She stares at him for several moments, not saying a word. As she
continues to gaze at him, she realizes just how handsome a fellow Ranma
really is.)

Ranma:Can I sit next to you?(Smiles)

Akane:Uh....sure.

Ranma:(Sitting down)Arigato.

(As Ranma sits next to her, Akane felt him accidentally brush up against
her. That caused Akane's heart to beat faster. She knew it was an accident,
but inwardly wished he had did that on purpose.)

Akane:(Recalling what Nabiki said earlier)Look, whatever's going on between
the two of you, I suggest you get it fixed, and fast.(Starts talking)Ranma,
I want to apologize for hitting you earlier.

Ranma:(Smiles)Don't worry about it, Akane....consider it forgotten.
(Thinking)Besides, if she hadn't done that, I wouldn't have seen Shori
today. What am I thinking? I shouldn't be thinking about Shori....not
when I'm with Akane. I better change the subject before she asks me what
took so long for me to get to school.(Begins to talk)Uh.....is it all right
if I have a piece of your sandwich?

Akane:(Smiles)Sure, I brought enough for two people.

(Akane takes a sandwich out of her bag and hands it to Ranma. As she handed
it to him, their hands accidentally touch. Akane could feel the warmth
Ranma's hands generated. It felt more like a lover's caress rather than a
brush against the hand. Ranma was unaware that he had even touched Akane. He
was too busy trying to keep his eye contact away from her. He knew that if
she asked him about his tardiness, there would be noway for him to lie right
into those beautiful eyes that Akane has.)

Ranma:(Taking a bite into his sandwich)Uh.....Arigato.

(Akane reaches into her bag and takes out a napkin before Ranma notices.)

Ranma:Can you please hand me a napkin?

(Akane smiles as she hands it to him. After that, she reaches into her bag
again and produces and bottle of soda. Once again, Ranma didn't notice.)

Ranma:Uh...do you have anything to drink?

(Akane hands Ranma the soda. Akane smiles inwardly to herself, happy that
she knew Ranma so well. She knew exactly what he wanted even before he
asked. The thought of knowing Ranma so well made Akane happy.)

Ranma:You look like you're in a very good mood.

Akane:(Smiles)Well....I have my reasons.

Ranma:(Thinking)Wow, I never really noticed this, but Akane really looks
kawaii when she smiles like that.

Akane:Ranma.

Ranma:What is it, Akane?

Akane:(Thinking)If there's any chance of salvaging whatever relationship
we have left, I best be doing it now.(Begins to talk)Um.....would you like
to go somewhere else to eat?

Ranma:(A little surprised at Akane's question)Uh......where should we go?

Akane:We could goto Ukyo's.

Ranma:Nah.......I'll stay here. I'm fine just where I am. You know what?

Akane:What?

Ranma:I can't think of one day where we spent lunch together like this. Now
that we are.....I'd have to say I'm quite enjoying it.

Akane:Really?

Ranma:Yeah. It's so nice out.(Thinking)Besides, I think I like being with
Akane as much as I like being with Shori....even if Akane is a tomboy and
all.(Begins to talk)I would have to say this is a really enjoyable day.

Akane:.....................

(As the two continue to eat, Ukyou appears out from nowhere, leaning up
against the tree. In her hands, she's holding a okonomiaki. She's dressed in
her usual boy-like outfit with a white sash across her chest, her hair tied
in a pony tail by a white bow. Her sudden appearance startles Ranma and
Akane for a moment.)

Ukyou:Hi Ran-chan.....hi Akane.

Ranma:Hi Ukyou. How's everything goin'?

Ukyou:Fine. Here, Ran-chan, I made this for you.

(Ukyou kneels down and shows Ranma the delicious okonomiaki she made.
Ranma's mouth waters when he gets a big whiff of its aroma. When he takes
a closer look at the food, he notices that his name was spelled on it in
sauce.)

Ranma:That looks delicious.

Akane:(Getting angry)............

Ukyou:Go ahead, try it. I made it just for you, Ran-chan.

Ranma:I think I will(Realizes Akane is still next to him)Uh.....better
yet...I think I'll save it for later.....I'm not that hungry now.....I
already ate.

Akane:(slight anger in her voice)Go on, Ranma. I know you want to eat that.

Ranma:(Getting nervous)Nah....I better not.

Ukyou:Why not? You don't like my cooking?

Ranma:No....it's not that.

Akane:Humph! if you don't want me here to watch you while you eat, then
I'll leave.(Gets up and leaves)

Ranma:Akane!

Akane:(Turning around)Go on, Ranma.....eat her okonomiaki....see if I care!

Ukyou:C'mon, Ran-chan. Just try it....I made it especially for you. I even
added all the ingredients you like.

Ranma:............

Akane:Humph!

(Akane angrily stomps into the school, not bothering to look back. Ranma
tries to get up to go after her, but is stopped when Ukyou shoves the
okonomiaki in his face.)

Ukyou:Just try it....I guarantee you'll like it.

(Ranma sighs, knowing that there was no other way out. He takes hold of the
okonomiaki and starts eating it. At that moment, without Ranma noticing,
Akane comes back out to say something else to him. But she stops when she
sees Ranma eating the okonomiaki. Her countenence turns from anger to
sad and crestfallen. She realizes that she's losing Ranma. After a few
moments of watching Ranma eat from afar, Akane sadly turns around and
enters back into the school, her head hung low, her gaze on the floor.
Inside, Akane happens to bump into her older sister, Nabiki.)

Nabiki:(Notices Akane's saddened visage)Akane, are you all right? You look
sad.

Akane:(Fighting back tears)I'm fine, Nabiki. I'm just fine.

Nabiki:C'mon, you can tell me what's wrong. It's me, Nabiki. What's the
matter?

Akane:Nothing. Nothing's the matter.

(As Nabiki looks at Akane, she knew exactly what was bothering Akane so
much. She knew that Akane realized that she's losing Ranma. Nabiki gently
embraces Akane, who happily accepts the hug.)

Akane:(Breaking down)I'm losing Ranma. He seems so distant from me whenever
I try to talk to him. He doesn't talk to me half as much as he used to.

Nabiki:Don't worry, Akane. Everything's goin' to be all right.

Akane:Oh Nabiki, what have I done?

Nabiki:..............

(Nabiki says nothing, knowing exactly what Akane had done wrong to deserve
this.......she had taken Ranma for granted. At that moment, as Nabiki
releases her embrace, the bell rings, signaling the end of lunch. A whole
mob of students enter the hallway Akane and Nabiki were in, all walking by
them, not paying any particular attention to them. Akane gently wipes the
tears from her eyes as Nabiki watches her with sympathy. As Akane finishes
wiping the rest of her tears away, Ranma is seen entering the building,
Ukyou holding onto his arm. Akane sees this and is about to cry again, but
manages to control herself. Ranma and Ukyou end up walking by her, neither
ones noticing her because there were so many students in the hallway at the
time.)

Ranma:Ukyou, do you have to latch onto me like that?

Ukyou:Why shouldn't I? Afterall, we are engaged to be married.

Ranma:...............

(Akane watched as Ukyou and Ranma walked by and enter into their classrooms.
But before they did, Akane saw Ukyou give Ranma a great big hug before going
into her classroom. Ranma stood there for a moment before he turned around
and headed for his classroom.)

Ranma:(Thinking)Where's Akane? I have to find her so I can apologize.
(Continues down the hallway towards his own classroom, looking to and fro
for Akane)

Nabiki:Aren't you goin' to go after him.?

Akane:(Acting mad)Why should I?

Nabiki:Maybe because he's your fiancee.

Akane:He's not my fiancee.

Nabiki:(Thinking)He won't be for long if you keep hiding the fact that you
like him.(Begins to talk)Okay, have it your way. But keep this in mind.....
you will lose Ranma if you keep this up.

Akane:Keep what up?

Nabiki:The denial of you liking Ranma.

Akane:I don't like Ranma. I never did.

Nabiki:Fine. If you don't like him, then keep it that way. That would keep
you from being hurt when you lose him. Bye.(Heads off for class)

(Akane just stands there, not knowing what to do. Those few words that
Nabiki said struck her where it counts....her heart. Akane stood there,
pondering.)

Akane:Why _am_ I in denial of liking Ranma? Why? Why do I have to overreact
to every little thing he does? Why can't I just tell him my feeling for
him? Why? How can it be so hard to say those few words? Maybe I better go
and apologize to him for getting upset. At least that's a good way to
start.

(Akane, after sighing loudly, heads down the hallway in search of Ranma.)

Akane:Ranma.....I'm not going to lose you.

<End for now>

Well...there's yet another fanfic. I hope this story interesting
so far. First off, I'd like to say that these characters were created by
Rumiko Takahashi. I would never infringe or take credit for any of her
works. Please e-mail me if you have comments. I hope these developement
stories are a good change from all those zany fanfics you're so accustomed
to. If it isn't, then I'm sorry if I disappointed you. I'm sorry for any
spelling or grammatical mistakes. I hope this fanfic is getting some kind
of emotional response from within. Maybe this is a better way of getting an
emotional response than just killing off the main characters ;) Anyway, I
hope you enjoyed reading this so far.