[Ranma][FanFic] Unfolding Destiny prt 3 Through the looing Glass

Rick

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99

This is a fanfic in the works that can be seen at
http://www.macol.net/~marshall
Ranma is owned by Vis Communications, Rumiko Takahashi,
and other subsidiaries.

Unfolding Destiny

Part 3

Through the looking glass

Ranma eyes opened slowly.. "Ohh, what happened?" her voice
cracked in a slight pain. "Where..am I?"

"You're home, my dear" A voice came from the dark corner of the
room, which with it's dark reds and blues made the ancient decor
darken the shadows even more.

Her eyes strained against the shadows trying desperately to see
the
one who spoke.. "Who are you?" Her question was soft.

The figure slipped into view, wearing a simple blue kimono, she
was a girl no older than Ranma was. Her silken blue hair shimmering
slightly from the candles as she walks to the edge of the bed "I'm
Kyoko" She smiles as Ranma extended her hand.

"I'm--" Ranma began.

"Sakura" She finished as she took the hand and kissed the back
of
it.. Ranma's face twisted slightly in confusion.

"Ranma" She corrected. "Where am I?"

"You are in the master's domain"

"Gamei's?" Ranma pieced together and Kyoko nodded.

Ranma looked around for a moment, ~ No windows... Weird
place..~ sighing she flopped back onto the pillows and Kyoko stood
up.

"I am needed elsewhere.." Kyoko stated with a smile and left.

====== ====== ====== ======

Ranma woke up the next morning with a bright flash of light in
his
eyes. "Ah!" he felt something slip off of his chest and caught it
instinctively it was Akane's head. She was awakened by the flash too.

"NABIKI!!" Akane exclaimed standing up and facing her sister.

"Now this is interesting" In her flat tone as she looked at
Akane
and Ranma. They looked at each other and back to Nabiki.

"How much for the photo..?" Akane said half heartedly. She
didn't
realized that she fell asleep and the fact that she was in Ranma's arms

all night, this made her feel warm in her heart, but dismissed it
somewhat to continue the bargaining.

"Well, It was surprising to say the least to find you two like
this..
and what would the others think? Hmm" Nabiki spoke and looked to
Ranma.

"How much Nabiki?" Akane asked again getting impatient with he
sister.

"Hmm.. I'll let you know." Nabiki turned and walked off, leaving

a slightly steamed Akane.

====== ====== ====== ======

Later that day Ranma and Akane were walking home from
shopping for Kasumi. Ranma un characteristically walking on the
sidewalk not the fence slightly behind Akane. The trip had been mostly
silent between them. Occasionally they would look at each other but
looked away after only a moment.

Ranma soon found himself staggering and fell to the ground with
a thud. Akane looks to Ranma in concern "Ranma..?" She knelt down
beside him, when he doesn't get up, she picks him up and races to the
clinic.

====== ====== ====== ======

Ranma felt like he fell a few hundred feet and pulled himself up

slowly.. "What the.." He saw a mirror, but not his reflection.. He saw
the strange room of ancient decor in the mirror and spun around.
Ranma-chan sleeping on the bed silently. He approaches and sure
enough in her sleep she was humming.. Barely heard but it was there
and Ranma smiled softly then was startled when the door opened a
blue haired girl came in and awoke Ranma-chan. "Miss Ranma Its
time for breakfast" It seemed that the girl knew Ranma-chan but he has
never seen her before.

"Ok Kyoko..." She got up Yawning behind her hand and blinked
slowly. "I'll be out in a minute all right?" She stretched and Kyoko
nodded and left.

====== ====== ====== ======

Ranma screamed as he awoke.. His eyes wide and his hand at his
chest.. After a moment he looked around.. it was Tofu's office and the
Doctor looked at Ranma concerned. Ranma's signs had been so low for
the past hour he rechecked and they were normal... "I don't know what
happened..." Tofu began and Ranma looked up at him. "You are all
right now.. so I'll give you some herbs to help settle your nerves."
Ranma nodded. "I'll ask Akane to keep an eye on you incase this
happens again.." Tofu let the sentence linger as he went to the back and

came back to Ranma a minute later "Here these should work."

Akane walked in then and looked at Ranma and sighed with relief.

"Ranma... Is he ok Doctor?"

Tofu nodded "He's alright Akane, I want you to keep an eye on
him." Akane nodded and looked to Ranma who got up. "Lets go
Ranma."

====== ====== ====== ======

As Akane and Ranma neared the Dojo Akane turned to Ranma
"You ok?" She looked over to him. "I mean you've been quiet.."

Ranma nodded and smiles assuringly to Akane. "I'm Fine Akane..
just feeling .. weird" Akane nodded.

They entered the House they met everyone in the front room over
looking the pond. Genma and Soun busy with one of their many Go
games and Kasumi reading quietly with Nabiki calculating something
at the table. As Ranma sat at the table Akane took the stuff into the
kitchen and began to put the stuff away.

====== ====== ====== ======

Kyoko and Ranma-chan sat at the table much like the Tendo's and
for this place it looked out of place. Ranma-chan seemed comfortable
at this table than the huge one that was on the other side of the room.
Kyoko smiles and stands getting more helpings for Ranma-chan.
Ranma-chan ate some of the rice before her and sighed ~I miss the old
me~ placing the chop sticks down. Kyoko Sat down with the extra
pickles.

"Done Miss Ranma?" Kyoko asked as she refilled Ranma-chan's
glass.

~Kyoko is nice though, I wish she would stop with the "miss"~
Ranma-chan smiles and nodded "Say Why don't you just call me
Ranma?" She asked.

Kyoko thought and shrugged "Ok Ranma" She took a bite of
pickle "I just thought you liked it"

"It really makes me feel awkward" Ranma-chan said standing. "by
the way.. Where is Gamei? I mean he brought me here but he's never
around."

"He's is in his study where he usually spends his days..." Kyoko

said.

"Oh..." Ranma-chan sighed and placed her head in her arms. "Is
there anyplace where I can train?" She looked up to Kyoko. ~Might as
well get something done.~

Kyoko nodded "Yes, this way m.. Ranma." with this they stood
and went to a nearby room that held a medieval looking dojo. The walls
had a lavishly and intricately painted dragon that encircled the room.
At
one corner swords bokkens and shintos were hung. Near the swords an
old training dummy hung in its place. Barbells and other fitness gear
some of which were so old Ranma-chan could not figure out what they
did, were in another corner. She smiled genuinely at the pads set up and

dashed to them and began to unleash quick strikes. Roundkick, side
kick, spin hook kick that raced the devise and it shuddered as Ranma-
chan began to hone her skills.

Kyoko watched this and went to the back to change our of her
kimono and stepping back in revealing a short sleeved white shirt and
pants with a silver belt tying it off at the waist. By this time Ranma-
chan had begun her Tenshin-amaguriken attack. As her hands flew.
Kyoko went to the training dummy...

*KRACK* KRACK *KRAKACK!*

Ranma-chan jumped at the sounds and light show. Spinning
around "Wha..?" She blinks when she saw the soft hum of a glow
emitting from the girl, slightly giving a silhouette to the girl's body
under the uniform. Kyoko turned around and the light grew and
Ranma-chan saw that the glow was specifically coming from Kyoko's
hands. She quickly looked at the training dummy that..~Wow.. the
things powder ...~ Ranma-chan's eyes wide and then shook out of it.
"You're a martial artist?"

Kyoko looked at Ranma-chan and smiled "Yes Gamei taught me
the Flaming Tiger style."

~If he can teach that.... I wonder if Ranma and the others can
get
me home...~ Hope was fleeting at the moment...

====== ====== ====== ======

Ranma sat in the dojo, quietly meditating on his katas. His eyes

closed and the dojo quiet. Akane walked by a couple times during the
hour keeping an eye on him as Dr Tofu asked of her.

Within Ranma's mind played the events of the dream/ out of body
experience. It felt strange and the pressure coming back was terrible on

the mind.. left him with a huge Excedrin sized head-ache. Which didn't
help considering the mild concussion he received a couple days ago.
Then as his head hit the floor and his limp body laid on the floor.

====== ====== ====== ======

*KRACK* KRACK *KRAKACK!*

He jumped straight up as he was settling into the dreamstate
Kyoko had let loose her attack. Ranma-chan spun around "Wha?"
Ranma's eyes followed his counter part's and saw the girl.. her beauty
was great and he shook his head as Ranma-chan spoke "You a martial
artist?"

He watched as Kyoko smiled at Ranma-chan and replied "Yes
Gamei taught me the Flaming Tiger style." Ranma's eyes got big as he
saw the dust on what appeared o be the lower half of a dummy
~Wowsers..~

He saw the look in Ranma-chan's eyes too and knew they thought
the same. And he saw a smile on Ranma-chan's face and thought a
moment ~This Kyoko seems nice~ and stepped closer to Ranma-chan
and Kyoko. Kyoko was smiling back most innocently and walked to
Ranma-chan. Ranma-chan gave her a look and challenged "How about
a spar?" Kyoko thought a moment then nodded.

They squared off a opposite ends of the hall and nodded to each
other signaling their readiness to one another. By this time Ranma had
chosen a seat so that he could see everything. Ranma-chan let out a
simple kick and Kyoko dodged and picked up the pace with a round
kick that Ranma-chan blocked.

After 15 minutes the spar was up to a pace that Ranma was
smirking at. He hadn't found any sparring partners to go this far but it

looked like they were having fun...
Ranchan let out a kick and Kyoko dodged. Kyoko sending out a punch,
Ranma-chan ducks and sweeps, Kyoko falls on her rump with a small
oof. Kyoko soon was back on her feet.

Close to an hour later, tiring their strikes came slower and
with a
mix of weariness and lethargy Ranma-chan roundkicked and Kyoko
stuck a foot out to block, Ranma-chan and Kyoko fell to the floor
Ranma-chan on top. Their faces showing the tiredness of the girls, if
the breathing wasn't an indication. After a moment of looking at each
other Ranma-chan rolled off of Kyoko. "Sorry.. Didn't mean to use you
as a cushion."

"No problem Ranma." Kyoko replied. Ranma-chan sat up and
looked at her self in one of the mirrors checking to see how tired she
must look and gasped turning to the area Ranma sat. Seeing nothing she
rubbed her eyes and looks at the mirror again. Ranma was confused ~..
Did she just look at me?~

Kyoko went to change and Ranma-chan got up. She looked at the
form of Ranma in the mirror but when she looked he was not there...
Kyoko came out "We need to take a bath." She said this while taking
Ranma-chan's arm and taking her from the training hall. The
distraction was just enough to make her forget the current thought for
the moment and went with Kyoko. Ranma got up to follow...

====== ====== ====== ======

Ranma sat up quickly.. The dojo walls solidifying into view as
he
felt a hand on his forehead. He looked to see who it was and saw Akane
with a concerned look. "Are you ok?"

He nodded "Yeah, just dozed off I guess." She wasn't happy with
that but let it by for now. Akane helped Ranma up and to his room
where he fell onto his futon. "Thanks.."

She sighed softly and turned to the door leaving him alone for
now. "Face it.." Nabiki's voice came from her open door. Akane
looked in.

"Face what?"

"Don't give me that Akane."

"What do you mean?" Akane took a step towards Nabiki.

Nabiki smirked at her sister and held out something. Akane took
it
and looked at it gasping. It was a picture of her sleeping in Ranma's
arms. "That's what I mean."

"I..Its not what it looks like." Akane began.. Nabiki nodded
nonchalantly.

"Sure sis.." Nabiki's voice dripping with sarcasm. Akane huffed
and left the room.

====== ====== ====== ======

Ranma-chan was lounging in the huge bath. Kyoko was on the
other side smiling softly as usual. ~That girl smiles almost as much as
Kasumi..~ Ranma-chan thought. ~It suites her fine, it makes her look
cute.~ Ranma-chan tilted her head. She had never really thought about
it but Kyoko was rather cute. Much like Akane.. ~Now that I think
about it, she does look like Akane..~ Ranma-chan shrugged.

Kyoko watched Ranma-chan and floated to sit next to her.
"Ranma... Do you like it here?"

Ranma-chan blinked and shook her head "Not really.. I feel like
captive.."

"hmm..." Kyoko hummed softly and shrugs "Sorry about that..
Gamei wants you here." Ranma-chan sighed at this but did little more.

To be continued...

This fanfic is Written by Richard Marshall
C&C Will be apreciated
at : Knigh...@aol.com