[Ranma][Fanfic] The Road Less Traveled : Chapter 7

Ranma13

Oct 10, 2002, 12:03:20 AM10/10/02
The Road Less Traveled
by Michael "Ranma13" Cerda

Revised 7/13/01

I do not take credit for the Ranma 1/2 characters. They are owned and
created by the goddess Rumiko Takahashi. The rights go to her and Viz
communication. This is my own story and in no way express how Rumiko
wanted her story to go. With this at mind, enjoy.

-----------------

Chapter 7- Reflections

The sun was slowly rising causing light to filter through the room.
Trickles of light shined through the blinds annoyingly beamed into the
eyes of the two people sleeping in the bed, affecting one. Wincing
trying to find the will to go back to sleep, but it was inevitable.
She was awake, and not very happy about it. Slowly opening her eyes
trying to get them adjusted to the bright light. Sitting up she
stretched her arms out yawning.

Looking over at her boyfriend, Ranma lied on his back oblivious to the
world around. It didn't take her long to realize that nothing short
of an atomic bomb exploding nearby would wake him and that was a big
maybe. Watching his calm serene face, Beth couldn't believe it's been
three months since they first met.

The three months have been some of the craziest in her life, but also
some of the best. She knew that he had her love, soul and last night
body. Even though they've been going out for three months, it seemed
like she never knew what life was like without him. Her love for him
was unconditional.

Resting her head on his bare chest. She felt his arms instinctively
wrap around her. They felt so strong and comforting. She couldn't
believe it's been only three months. They've probably been through
more crap than most relationships that last years. When they first
met he said that trouble seemed to follow him around. At first she
thought that he was kidding, now she knew better. Looking up at her
sleeping lover, Beth smiled. After that night they first kissed, her
life would never be the same again.

******

* Buzz *

"#If you want to get high wit me smokin el in tha back#"

* slam *

"Uggghh" Taking her hand away from the alarm, Beth opened her eyes.
Looking up at the ceiling , she couldn't believe what happened last
night. Touching her lips, Beth smiled.

Hopping out of bed, she gathered her toiletries as she walked out of
the door and into the hallway. Some of the girls that walked by her,
either gave her a smile or a glare. Opening the door to the bathroom,
Beth quickly undressed and entered the shower. Turning the water on,
the hot water hit her skin relaxing the muscles almost instantly. She
couldn't get the images from last night from her head. The whole date
replayed through her mind.

The door of the bathroom quickly opened, "Beth you in here?"

"Yeah, Is that you Daryn?"

"Who else, O.k girl you have to tell me what happened last night?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't give me any of that shit. I heard that you kissed Ranma."

"What?!" Sticking her head out of the shower.

Daryn smirked at her friend, "Yeah it's all over the campus. All the
girls are talking about some hot guy they never met before. Then he
was seen with you, well half of your dorm saw you kissing him last
night. Well....."

Sticking her head back under the water. Trying to finish her shower,
"Well What?"

"How was the kiss, was there any tongue. Come on, I need details.
It's not like I'm getting any soon."

"DARYN!!"

"Alright, I'll leave you alone. I'll be in your room."

Beth rinsed the shampoo and soap off. Turning the shower off, she
stepped out drying her hair. Putting her sweats and shirt back on,
Beth headed back to her room. Entering Daryn was lying on her bed.

"Damn you work fast."

"Shut up"

"Really do you like him?"

"I Think," Frustrated, "I don't know, I never felt like this before."

"Woah, you've only known him for five days."

"I know, I know, but I never really believed in love at first sight.
That day we saw him at the beach. I don't know there was something
instant."

"That's deep."

"I know. I never met anybody like him. I honestly could see spending
the rest of my life with him."

Waving her hands, "hey slow down. He seems like a good guy, but
something's wrong. Jumping out of a three-story window without
thinking twice. And landing safely." Pausing, "All I'm saying is be
careful."

Nodding, "What are you doing today?"

"Since I don't have class, I was going to hang with you."

Beth wanted to spend some time with Ranma, but Daryn was her best
friend. "I'm going to his apartment do you want to go."

"Yeah," Thinking, "So really how was the kiss?"

Beth just rolled her eyes.

***

"O.k class, good workout. Remember that I want you to stretch
everyday." Looking over at his students, they seemed happy and eager
to learn. "Class dismissed" as he bowed to the class. The class
bowed back as they dispersed.

Walking over to his gym bag, Ranma grabbed his towel wiping his face
down. Pulling it away, two girls stood in front of him.

"Sensei," standing to attention.

"Yes, Jane and Taylor?"

They beamed with excitement that he remembered their names, "We were
wondering. Did you really come from Japan?"

Ranma nodded, "Yes it is"

"Wow, did you train under a really powerful martial artist?"

Ranma thought about his pop running away from the places he stole
from. He also thought of the old leach stealing ladies undergarments.
About old man and Mr. Tendo demonstrating crouch of the wild tiger,
answering his students "More or less."

"Cool," giggling, "Well have a good day sensei," as the girls walked
away.

Smiling, he liked teaching the beginning class. It gave him the
opportunity to teach the fundamentals properly. That way his students
wouldn't learn bad habits from the very start.

In the corner of the dojo, Kyle and Tony stared at Ranma. They were
the top two martial artists in the Dojo, but since Ranma arrived he
taught the majority of the classes. They were pushed down to becoming
assistants.

Looking at Tony, "I'm sick of this. He thinks he's so good. I bet he
tricked the sensei into giving him the job."

"I don't know man, he may kick your ass."

"SSHHIITT, I'll beat his ass. That's it I'm going to challenge him."

Shrugging his shoulders, "Alright, but I warned you."

Walking over to Ranma, Kyle tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, I'm
sick of your walking around like you won the place. You've only been
here for a couple of months. I officially challenge you to a duel.
The winner gets to be the top ranked martial artist here."

"Nah, I don't think so."

"What you dishonor me by declining my challenge. I demand a duel."

Knowing a true martial artist wouldn't decline a challenge he knew he
had to accept the challenge. "Students if you could come over her."
The students who hadn't left came up to Ranma. "I was officially
challenged. That means that we are to have a duel." Looking over at
the students, "You will be here to witness the match and the winner."

There was a buzz amongst the students. They've never seen their
sensei fight before. They knew it was going to be a great match, Kyle
was the best fighter in their dojo. They couldn't wait to see who was
going to win.

Ranma walked to the middle of the mat, waiting for Kyle to follow.
"It's not to late."

Taking his place in the middle of the mat, Kyle faced Ranma. "Yeah
right, I'll show you who's the better fighter."

Just staring at each other, Ranma noticed two people walking into the
dojo. Looking over it was Beth and Daryn. That slight distraction
was all that it took for Kyle to launch his attack. Rushing in Kyle
punched Ranma in the face. Standing back smiling, he thought that was
a knockout blow. He was surprised to find Ranma relatively unfazed by
the attack.

Beth and Daryn watched the young man come in and punch Ranma in the
face. They were surprised that Ranma barely moved.

Cursing himself, he knew better than to get distracted during a match.
If it was somebody stronger that could have been a fatal mistake.
Watching his opponent, Ranma easily choreographed Kyle's next punched.
It was slow and untrained, with ease Ranma stepped away from the
punch. Grabbing the extended arm, Ranma flipped Kyle with enough
power and force that he hit the mat hard. Looking down at the
unconscious Kyle, Ranma grimaced. He shouldn't have flipped him so
hard.

The students watched with awe, they never would have thought that Kyle
would lose so easily. Looking at Ranma they all cheered.

Squatting in front of Kyle, Ranma quickly tapped a couple of pressure
points, motioning for Tony to come over. "He will wake up soon and
shouldn't have a headache."

Tony nodded as he looked down at his friend who was lying flat on his
back unconscious. The dirty blond hair of Kyle's covering half of his
face. "Man you got knocked the fuck out."

Walking over to Beth and Daryn, he could feel his face turn become a
little flush. He felt comfortable with Beth, but he never had a
girlfriend before. Fiancé's were the only thing he had to deal with
in his life. They were easy to handle, to a point. A girlfriend was
completely new to him. Scratching the back of his head, "Hi,"

She didn't know why, but she was a little nervous seeing Ranma. Just
looking at him made her heart jump.

Daryn watched the two just staring at each other. Waving a hand in
front of them, "Hello, snap out of it you guys."

That brought them back to reality. Looking up at Ranma, Beth moved in
giving him a hug. She could feel him tightening up for a few seconds.
He then loosened up as she felt his arms wrap around her. They were
strong and comforting. Beth could have stayed like that forever.
Looking over his shoulder, she saw a bunch of girls' just staring
daggers at her. They all had a murderous look on their faces.

Looking down, "What's wrong? Oh yeah," Turning around, "Students this
is Beth. Beth these are my students."

The girls instantly had a cute big eyed expressions, "Hi Beth," as
soon as Ranma turned his back they gave Beth an evil glare.

Gulping Beth turned her attention back to Ranma, "We went to your
apartment. Since you weren't there I figure you were teaching."

"Yeah this was my last class for today,"

"What's with him?" Daryn motioned to the still unconscious Kyle on
the mat.

"Oh," Looking over his shoulder, "He challenged me, he didn't know he
was challenging the greatest martial artist in the world."

Nudging Ranma, "A little big headed aren't we,"

"Martial arts is the one thing I don't joke about."

Daryn and Beth just looked at each other as if they knew he was dead
serious about the statement. Knowing not to tease him anymore. Beth
thought it was best to change the subject. "We were thinking of going
bowling tonight. Do you want to join us?"

"Well," Scratching his head, "I don't know what that is"

"You've never been bowling," Daryn was happy, "Finally somebody I can
beat."

Ranma took that remark as a challenge, "I accept. I need to go home
and take a shower."

"We'll meet you at your apartment at six."

"Okay," Ranma made the initiative and gave Beth a hug and kiss. He
was surprised how easy it was.

Breaking apart, Beth and Daryn left the dojo. She turned around to
wave bye as Ranma waved back. Going back to his bags, he picked them
up to leave for home. Walking past his students, "Bye girls,"

The girls just sighed, "Bye sensei," as they watched him walk out of
the door and onto the street.

"That whore has her evil grips on our sensei. We must break them."
All of the girls cried in unison.

"Yeah that slut."

The girls started chatting amongst themselves as Kyle started to stir.
"What happened?"

Tony leaned over his friend smiling, "Man you got knocked tha fuck
out."

***

Feverishly writing his letter, he knew that he would have to call upon
an old friend. Takehiro knows that he must watch himself. Ranma's a
very powerful person and he doesn't have the skills to bring him down.

"Ranma Saotome, you have met your match. Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha," as
he continues to laugh hysterically.

Just outside of this apartment, Ranma gets a shiver. Hearing the
laughter, he gets a strange feeling. Shrugging it off. Ranma walked
up the stairs to change.

Take' looked out his window, watching Ranma walked up the stairs. He
grinned, "You'll get yours."

***

"Now why do I have to put on these stupid looking shoes." Looking at
the two colored bowling shoes.

"Because when you bowl, you have to wears shoes that will help you
slide. Regular shoes will stick and you could lose your balance and
fall."

"Oh" putting on the shoes, Ranma walked over to the bowling ball rack.
Beth showed him to how hold a bowling ball properly. Picking up one
he held it the same way. "Alright this fits perfectly," Walking
through a crowd of people, "Excuse me."

They looked at him and separated. One of the guys in the group
started to snicker. "Hey get a load of the chinks clothes," the group
started laughing.

Ranma turned and gave them a glare. Keeping his emotions under
control. He turned his head and walked away. Going back to his lane,
he put the ball in with the others.

"What happened back there?" Beth had a concerned look on her face.

"Nothing."

Daryn knew some of the people in the group, "Don't worry about them.
They can be assholes."

Beth nodded, "Well, I'm up. Forget about them let's have some fun."

Ranma watched as Beth grabbed her ball. Setting up she concentrated.
Going in motion, she let the ball go. Hitting the pins, only one
stood. After seeing how the game was played, Ranma understood what to
do.

"Alright now I'll show you how it's really done." Mistaking Ranma's
ball for her own, Daryn tried to pick it up. "Jesus, What the hell.
Is this your ball Ranma?"

"Yeah, I think."

"It weighs a ton. Are you sure you'll be able to use it."

"Yeah, Why?"

"No, reason," picking up the ball, she rolled a gutter ball for the
first try. "Damn!"

"Hey, I thought you were going to show us," Beth started laughing.

"Bite me," concentrating on the pins, Daryn threw her second ball.
She successfully knocked down eight pins. Going back to her seat she
turned to Ranma, "Beat that."

Ranma stood up, picking up his ball he went to the lane. Mimicking
Beth, he went through the same motion as she did. Releasing the ball,
it went immediately went into the gutter.

The whole group behind him started laughing. Ranma was starting to
get angry. In the background Beth was yelling her support.

His ball returned as Ranma grabbed the ball and went back into
position. Hearing the people make jokes of him was getting Ranma mad.
Going through the motion and releasing the ball, it flew with such
speed and power that when it hit the lane it left an impression. The
ball struck the pins causing a huge explosion.

The room became deafly quiet as they witnessed a cloud of dust coming
from the pins. The person in the lane next to Ranma just stared as he
saw the pins disintegrated from the bowling ball hitting them. He was
in such shock that the bowling ball he was holding slipped from his
hands landing on his feet.

Daryn's mouth dropped staring at what used to be bowling pins. Her
mouth started moving, but nothing was coming out.

Ranma pinched the bridge of his nose, shaking his head. "How could I
be so stupid?" The guy in the background was hopping up and down in
pain.

Not really knowing what happened, everyone started running for the
exits. They were yelling and screaming, thinking that a bomb went
off.

Turning around quickly, Ranma grabbed Beth and Daryn's arm. "Come on,
let's get out of here quick."

Both girls quickly followed Ranma out of the door. As they followed
him out the door, they felt his arms wrap around them. In a split
second, their feet were not touching the ground anymore. They were
jumping from branch to branch till they were on top of the roof over
looking the chaos.

Ranma gently set the girls down as he looked over at the scene below.
Turning back around, "I'm glad that nobody saw us come up here."

Daryn couldn't keep it in now, "What the FUCK just happened?!!"

Beth knew about Ranma's talents, she had to try and calm her friend
down. "Daryn settle down."

Hysterical, "Calm down didn't you see what the hell happened!!"

"Yes, and there is a perfectly logical explanation."

Calming down, "Sure let's hear your explanation of making pins explode
that are supposably indestructible to suck force from a bowling ball."

Ranma just shrugged his shoulders, "Well, when I threw. What was it
a gutter ball. I got angry from those kids making fun of me. I guess
I threw the ball to hard."

"Threw the ball too hard!! What are you some kinda fuckin monster??!!
What planet do you come from?"

At that moment sirens could be heard as they pulled up to the front of
the bowling alley. Police officers quickly got out of their cars and
entered inside.

Leaning over the edge of the roof, Ranma watched the scene below.
"Wow, I didn't think it was going to get this outta control."

"What do you think? There was an explosion, they think it was a
bombing or something."

Beth was trying to stay calm even though she was shaking all over,
"You may be right. Ramma?"

Ranma turned to Beth, "Yeah,"

"I think we should get out of here."

Looking down at all of the police cars, "Yeah, I think your right."
Picking up Beth and Daryn, Ranma quickly jumped off of the rood and
disappeared out of sight.

***

Detective Lorenze stepped out of his car. Looking up he thought he
saw something on the roof. "Hmm" walking into the bowling alley, "Hey
Todd."

A young officer comes up to Det. Lorenz, "Yes sir,"

"What happened here?"

"Well, a young Asian male came in with two female one blond and the
other brunette. Witnesses say that when he rolled the ball down, at
contact with the pins an explosion occurred."

"Alright," Detective Lorenz made his way down the gutter slowly and
cautiously. Reaching one of his investigators. "What's going on?"

"I don't know Dave. Everyone here says an explosion occurred. I'm
telling you, a bomb did not cause this with the evidence I see.
There's no gunpowder, no shrapnel, nothing to indicate any type of
bomb. Do you notice something else?"

Dave looked around, "Well the lane seems intact."

"Exactly, if there was an explosion. This lane would have been singed
or marked. Something to indicate an explosion." The investigator
acted really excited going past Det. Lorenz. "Look at the marks on
the lane."

Looking at the lane there was a slight indentation and crack in the
hardwood, "Is that what I think it is?"

"Yes, whatever happened. Somebody was able to throw the ball with
such force that it caused the hardwood to crack and shatter the pins.
I know it sounds crazy, but I think that's what happened. We examined
a ball that could have been the one thrown. It was a twenty-weight
ball. Nothing human could do this, it's impossible."

Det. Dave Lorenz nodded, "Clean up and give me your report by the end
of the night."

"You got it"

"And keep this between us."

"Yeah, I understand."

Walking off the lane and heading outside, a barricade was placed to
keep people away from the building. Walking outside he was
immediately hounded by the media.

"Detective! Can you tell us what happened?"

Not saying a word he climbed into his car and drove off. For some
reason the shadow he saw on the roof was involved in the incident
somehow. "Great, and I thought this would be a quiet year."

***

<"Today a small explosion occurred at a local bowling alley. There's
no word whether this was an isolated incident. The police at this
time are not talking. Nobody was wounded and everyone made it out of
the building safe. We will keep our viewers informed when more word
comes out">

"I didn't thing it would cause this much trouble. I should have kept
my emotions in control."

"O.k so your telling me you have super human powers."

"Well, I thought is was normal." Ranma felt depressed.

"Believe me buddy your anything, but normal."

Beth put an arm around Ranma, holding him close. "Don't worry
everything will be fine."

The waiter came brining two pizzas with him. Setting them down on the
table they thanked him as he walked away. Ranma immediately grabbed a
slice of pizza and quickly put it away. In less than a minute half o
the large was already consumed.

Beth paid no attention to Ranma as she went about eating her pizza.
Daryn hadn't started as she watched amazed at how fast Ranma could
eat. She watched, as he devoured the whole pizza in five minutes.

Ranma looked up as he noticed Daryn not eating, "Are you hungry? I
can help you finish your half."

"What planet did you say you were from again?"

Beth started giggling, as did Daryn. Ranma just stared at the two not
knowing what they were laughing about. Just then Daryn words
registered as he started to laugh with them.

***

Walking silently through the campus. Ranma and Beth enjoy the clear
cool night. After just walking Daryn to her dorm, Beth thought it
would be a good idea to get to bed early.

Ranma looked up at the stars and then turning to look at Beth.
Noticing he was looking at her, "What's wrong?"

Thinking, "Are you sure you want to get into this?"

She was surprised by the question, "What do you mean?"

"Well it seems like no matter where I go, trouble seems to follow. If
something bad were to happen to you," Ranma paused, "I couldn't
forgive myself."

Beth stopped, as Ranma stopped with her. She grabbed his hand,
"Ranma, I've only known you for a short while, but I care for you
deeply. Don't worry about me."

Ranma was taken back by Beth ability to so easily confess her feeling
to him. "I know I'm not an easy person to get along with, especially
my inability to express my feelings so freely."

Beth put her fingers to Ranma's mouth for him to not say a word, "your
actions speak highly of how you feel." She leaned in and gave him a
kiss.

After a minute they broke the kiss still looking at each other
smiling. Walking through campus, they approached Beth's dorm
building. Stopping in front of the main entrance. They looked into
each other's eyes, leaning forward, their lips touched slightly as it
grow into a more passionate kiss.

They broke the kiss reluctantly. Standing there holding hands, Beth
stared into Ranma's deep blue eyes. She could look into them forever
forgetting all of her worries. Sadly she knew that she had to get
inside. "I better go," giving him another kiss, she slowly walked
toward the door. They continue to hold hands till the very last
instant until she was out of his reach. Before walking inside,
"Goodnight Ranma,"

Smiling, "Goodnight," Ranma watched Beth walk in. His heart was still
pounding. Never before has he been so happy. At that instant the
sprinklers came on changing Ranma. Standing there soaked, "You
couldn't leave it alone could you Kami-sama." Not even being wet
could change his mood. Ranma was exhilarated, taking off toward home
he thought it was a good to night run on the rooftops.

Running out of the campus and toward the main street that ran along
the campus , he jumped landing on something and leapt onto the nearest
building rooftop and running into the night.

***

Det. Lorenz was riding along the main street. Even though it was a
Thursday, the night was relatively quiet. At that moment something
landed hard on the roof of his car. "What the fuck?" Losing control
of the car momentarily, he was able to stop. Getting out, he looked
at his car. On the rood was a huge indent. In the middle was what
appeared to be a foot imprint, "O.k that's it I'm gonna get his guy."
As he stared at the imprint.

******

Beth sat up, "Hey Ranma," Nothing happened. "Honey its time to wake
up." Ranma just groaned and turned over. Getting a mischievous grin,
Beth learned over and whispered into his ears.

Ranma slowly stirred as he opened his eyes. Looking down at him was
his beautiful girlfriend, "Morning,"

"You're a heavy sleeper aren't you,"

"You can say something like that."

Smiling, "I guess we'll have to find different ways to wake you. Now
won't we?"

Ranma blushed at the statement. He watched Beth jump out of bed, she
was wearing a tight tank top and her underwear. He was so in love
with her. Smiling as she turned around and blew him a kiss before
going into the bathroom.

Ranma lied back down staring at the ceiling. He couldn't believe they
were going out for only three months. It took her in three months
what everyone of his fiancé's tried to do, win his heart. She was
somebody that he knew he couldn't let go. The very fact that she
didn't leave him from everything that happened the last three months
proved what type of person she was. Yes, in his mind she was a very
special girl.

******

Walking down the street, he thought it would be a good idea to get
some fresh air. The sun was up and the weather was great. For two
weeks he's been bashing his head about the incident at the bowling
alley, two weeks and no leads.

Passing by something caught his attention. Peering into a local
martial arts studio, a young man was practicing. He was about six
feet, slender, but very muscular. He had jet-black hair that was tied
in a ponytail. Stepping in he was immediately greeted.

"Good afternoon mister, I'm John Takehiro. Owner of the best martial
arts school in the nation. How may I be of service to you today."

"Hi, I'm" Getting out his badge, "Det. Lorenz, I just wanted to ask a
few questions about an incident that happened two weeks ago."

"Ha, you're talking bout the explosion at the bowling alley."

"Yeah, I'm just asking local residents if they heard or seen anything
that may pertain to that night."

"No, I'm sorry I can't help you."

"That's quite alright," nodding over to the young man, "Who's he?"

"Ranma Saotome, my top sensei. A superb martial artist."

"Is he from here?"

"No, he's from Japan. Came to California four months ago. He is
legal, I have the proper paperwork if you would like to see."

"No, that's alright. I just want to ask him a few questions."

"Sure, Ranma can you come here for a sec."

Ranma stopped his katas, "yeah, be right there." Getting a towel and
wiping his face, Ranma headed toward the two men, "Hi,"

"Afternoon, I'm Detective Lorenz, Mr. Saotome. I was just asking Mr.
Takehiro about the incident that happened two weeks ago at the bowling
alley." He saw Ranma tense up, "I was wondering if you may have seen
something."

Ranma was a little nervous, "I was there that night, but I left before
anything happened."

Studying Ranma, "Well if you remember anything," handing him a card,
"here's my number call me."

"Uh, yeah sure."

"Have a good day gentlemen," Det. Lorenz left the building. He walked
down the street thinking that Ranma was hiding something. Now he had
a suspect.

***

Takehiro was smiling, he had just finished reading a letter that he
received in the mail. The Anything Goes School was going to pay for
ruining his life. Ranma being sent back would be too easy. He had
another idea; "We will see how great of a martial artist you really
are Mr. Saotome."

***

Det. Lorenz sat at his desk scanning over Ranma Saotome's file. Upon
returning to the police station, he got in contact with a few people
he knew in Japan. Within the hour he was emailed Ranma's complete
life history.

"Let's see Ranma Saotome, born from Nodoka and Genma Saotome,"
Something seemed strange to him. The file mentions Ranma's birth
date, but there isn't anything else until he enrolled in Middle
School. A couple of months later he dropped out of school. A few
years later he's enrolled at Furinkan High where he finished school
and graduated. "How can somebody have seventy-five percent of their
life missing."

At the age of sixteen he enlists at Furinkan High in the Nerima
district of Tokyo. At his arrival strange events start happening in
the town. Unknown forces were destroying buildings. The reports say
that there were no traces of any explosive device. Witnesses report a
giant bird that laid waste to many buildings almost leveling the town.
Page after page of buildings getting damaged. Citizens becoming
terrified, and on all the police reports one name always comes up,
Ranma Saotome.

Closing the file he stared at the blank screen. There was something
about the guy he couldn't put his finger on. The only way he was
going to find out anything was to follow Ranma and maybe he would get
some answers. Turning his computer off, the Detective pushed the
chair away from the desk. Standing up he grabbed his coat. One way
or another he was going to get some answers.

******

Ranma sat up, he was nervous about today. Hopping out of bed, he
headed to the living room. Looking around, Beth made a huge
difference in his life. His living room actually had furniture in it.
It was his home and looked lived in compared to what it use to look
like.

Moving the coffee table out of ht way to make some room. He started
going through his morning ritual. Starting to perform his katas, he
slowly started going through movements he performed a thousand times
now. They were like breathing, it came naturally to him. With each
movement he started moving faster and faster, each strike was
perfectly executed. Ranma was the grandmaster of the Anything Goes
School of Martial arts. He would expect nothing less.

Beth stood in the doorway watching her Honey go through his katas took
her breath away every time she watched him. His movements were
fierce, but also very eloquent. She could watch him for hours.

Ranma stopped as he smiled at his love, "Hey you"

"Hey back to you," she walked up to him wrapping her arms around his
neck, while giving him a kiss. "Your kinda sweaty," smiling
seductively, "Even though I don't mind, it might not make a good
impression."

"Yeah, I think your right," he give her one last kiss before heading
to the bathroom. Little did she know the sweating wasn't from the
workout, but how nervous he was.

******

Det. Lorenz had followed Ranma all day, from his apartment to the
studio. What was curious was when he went to the university and met
with a blond girl. Making a mental note to run a check on her.

Most of the day and into the night had followed them. From time to
time he thought that Ranma knew he was being followed. Following them
through the park Ranma stopped, looking around.

The Detective quickly hid behind some bushes watching the expression
on the young man's face. Something was definitely agitating him.

***

Ranma had a nice night with Beth. They went out to eat, but something
had been nagging at him all day. He knew somebody was following him,
but he couldn't do anything about it. Beth had to do a lot of
homework so he thought it was best to cut the night short.

Walking through the park they were hand in hand. Ranma stopped as he
looked around.

"What's wrong?" Beth had a concerned look on her face.

"I sense somebody very strong heading our way."

"What? Where?" Beth was looking around the park frantically.

"Beth," Pointing to some bushes, "A cop is hiding behind those
bushes." Pointing to a line of bushes a hundred yards away. "You'll
be safe there."

"What about you?"

"I'll be alright. Just go. NOW!!"

Beth ran to the bushes and found a very surprised cop looking up at
her. "Sorry, Ranma told me that you would be hiding here and that I
would be safe here."

Det. Lorenz didn't know what to say. How could he know that he was
there? It was impossible then something came to him. "Safe, Safe
from what?"

"I don't know," as she knelt down behind the bush, "but I think we're
about to find out."

Ranma tensed up, he could tell his guy was a very strong fighter.
Even though it was unlikely, he wished that the guy didn't want to
fight. He had to look out for Beth.

"Ah, finally the famous Ranma Saotome. The self-proclaimed greatest
martial artist in the world." Stepping into the clearing was a fairly
tall man, about six foot three. He was very muscularly built, with
blond hair that came to the shoulders. He was wearing a read gi with
a black belt tied around. "I must say that you've made many people in
the underground fighting circle very displeased."

"And you are?"

"Oh forgive me you can call me Ken. As I was saying a very good
friend of mine has been very upset. You may have heard of him, Ryu."

Ranma's eyes went wide, "You don't' mean the same Ryu who defeated the
unbeatable kickboxer Sagat."

"Ah, you have heard of him. We trained under the same master."

"My father told me stories about Ryu and how he spent his whole life
training in the art. He's a legend."

"You can say something like that. Wherever we go your name keeps
coming up. You're like an urban legend, but something else also comes
out. That you proclaimed to be the greatest martial artist in the
world. So when Ryu heard that, being the prideful person he is. He
went into training. I guess I would be boasting that myself if I
killed a demi-god myself."

Ranma looked up surprised, "You know about that."

Ken started laughing, "Don't be surprised some of your exploits are
very well known."

"So why are you here?"

It's simple, a fighter can only compare his abilities when fighting
the best. Since you're the greatest, let's see how I stack up."

Ranma stared at his opponent, it's been awhile since he fought
somebody of Ken's caliber. Ranma was in for the fight of his life.

"Well, Mr. Saotome there's no need to wait any longer. Let's begin."

To Be Continued......

I've been getting a lot of feed back about how people didn't like the
Akane story arc. So I'm putting it off, don't worry I will be
continuing it, but later. Now I don't know if this chapter confused
you, but the next chapter will clear everything up. The next chapter
will feature Ranma and you guessed it, Ken from SFII. Along with
Ranma will have to face his toughest challenge yet in his life. Again
C & C will be greatly appreciated, so email me on what you think of
this chapter.