[Ranma][FanFic] Unfolding Destiny pt 6.the Search

Richard Marshall

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
This is a fanfic in the works that can be seen at
http://www.macol.net/~marshall
mirror site:
http://members.aol.com/mythosex/
Ranma is owned by Vis Communications, Rumiko Takahashi,
and other subsidiaries.

Unfolding Destiny

Part 6

The Trip

Akane sat in the front room watching the clouds in the
distance.
Shampoo sits next to her polishing the blade of a sword. Nearby Nabiki
calculates with abacus and paper. Nabiki looks to the two and sighs.
"The trip will cost around 30,000 yen."

Akane blinks and Shampoo looks over to Nabiki. "That a lot of
money."

"That's including a round trip to Kyoto. Thankfully Japan isn't

that big." Nabiki said standing.

Akane nods "Thanks, We'll think of something." With that the
two girls start talking of funds and the likes.

====== ====== ====== ======

Outside the Tendo dojo a bike is rested on the front gate. A
figure
walks to the front door and knocks gently. Waiting a few minutes
before knocking again, this time Kasumi smiles as she answers the door
and sees their guests. "Oh hello Ukyo, come on in, Shampoo and
Akane are in the family room."

Ukyo smiles gently "Thanks, Kasumi." She walks in and to the
room, a backpack on her back with her spatula buckled to it.

====== ====== ====== ======

A little while later Ukyo , Shampoo, Akane and Nabiki are
sitting
at the table mulling over details. "Shampoo and I have about 20,000
yen, we still need 10,029 to meet the prospected budget." Akane said.

"Listen, sugar," Ukyo spoke up "I'll fork up 20,000 yen if
you'll
let me go with you."

"Shampoo have no reason not let spatula girl come with us."

Nabiki calculated the math with her abacus and nodded "Well,
with the added money she's offering we can let her come with us with
out much trouble."

"Then it's settled then." Ukyo and Akane nodded in agreement.

"Now that is settled," Nabiki began as she pulled out a small
map
of Japan and laid it on the table with one smooth motion. "We`ll take
the
next train to Kyoto, which shouldn't take too long, from there^Å"

"You're coming?" Ukyo asked interrupting Nabiki who just
nodded.

"Of course I am coming, I'm going to over see the finances so
we
don't get stranded with out funds." Nabiki retorted flatly. Ukyo backed
down and let Nabiki continue. "Now as I was saying, In Kyoto, we'll
stay the night near the park and hike it to the destination point. From
which, you three will follow the map detailed and I will follow." They
nodded thoughtfully.

Akane looked at Ukyo then Shampoo, who just sat quietly.
"Shampoo, Ukyo?" They looked up to her. "Lets talk someplace." They
nodded and started getting up with Akane. Leaving Nabiki behind to
fold the map.

====== ====== ====== ======

On the roof of the dojo, the three girls looked at each other.
"Alright, Akane. What's with the meeting." Ukyo questioned the
Tendo.
Akane looked to Shampoo and Shampoo nods gently. "Akane
want to test if Spatula girl can handle trip."

"How is she going to do-" Ukyo's question was interrupted as
she
blocked the kick with her spatula. "Hey..!"

Akane didn't seize her attacks as she pressed onward. Shampoo
sits nearby watching. Ukyo pulling her spatula from her back and
wields it against the attacking girl. Sending a fierce front kick at
Ukyo,
Akane twist as Ukyo dodges and catches her side with a round kick to
the kidney.

With a gasp Ukyo stumbles back and with a set face swings out
at
Akane. Akane leaps back and onto the ground near the pond. Ukyo
soon follows with an over head strike. Missing by a hair as Akane
dodges to the side. A blur of mini spatula's glitter the sky where Akane

had stood a moment before and Ukyo heads after Akane and a barrage
of kicks and spatulas are seen from the vantage point of Shampoo.

With a spin hook kick, Akane catches Ukyo on the chin and Ukyo
staggers back and breaths heavily as Akane looks to her and nods to
Shampoo. Shampoo hops down and she begins an assault at Ukyo,
whom barely reacts to the attack at first, fends off the amazon. With in
half an hour Shampoo's quickness overtakes Ukyo and Ukyo is
knocked back onto her rump with an oof!

Akane and Shampoo walk to Ukyo and help her up. "You know,
you could warn me before you do something like that you know." Ukyo
said to Akane and Shampoo.

"But it test, suppose to see how good reactions are." Shampoo
looked to Ukyo.

"And besides, Ukyo, you did well." Akane smiled gently before
escorting them back into the house just as Kasumi set the table for
dinner.

====== ====== ====== ======

From atop one of the outer walls of the dojo Happosai sat and
watched the three girls enter the house and smiled. "Ah, such pretty
young things^Å" He said to himself. "A shame really to send them into
battle^×" He was quieted with a wooden rap on his head. He spun
around "Hey what was that for!"

"Shut up old man" Cologne peered down at him from her staff.
"We don't need your perversions to get in the way of months of
mirror."

Happosai nodded grimly. "You're right at usual Cologne."

"And you'd better not hinder them on their trip, you got me?"
Cologne looked to the old lech.

"Yes, yes, alright, alright... You win, for now." Happosai
grumbled out.

====== ====== ====== ======

Early the next morning Akane and Shampoo are in their room
packing for the trip. They slowly place folded clothes and small parcels

into large, Ryoga style, back packs. Silently they pull their
drawstrings
to close the tops and smile softly as they exit the room. From their
view
Ukyo picks up her pack and nods to them and follows them down the
stairs.

Meeting Nabiki at the bottom of the stairs they walk to the
front
ready to go.

Kasumi smiles at them in the oppressing silence as she kneels
next
to the table. Having woken up early she seems to still wear her soft
smile and encouraging presence in the tension filled room.

Akane and Shampoo, look like they might have had a chance to
sleep in, the energy level in them slightly groggy but still strong.
Ukyo
sits by Akane, looking ready as ever. Spatula strapped to her back and
her bandoleer across her torso.

At the end of breakfast, they say their hushed farewells to
Kasumi
and thoughtful requests to proclaim their departures to Soun and Genma
and even Happosai and Cologne.

====== ====== ====== ======

In the darkened room Ranma-chan sits eating a bowl of rice and
other things. Her chopsticks move slowly and her jaw chews delicately
on the morsels of food. Nearby Kyoko watches her with worry. Placing
a small cup on the table in front of Ranma-chan Kyoko shifts quietly to
refill the beverage.

The girls feel Gamei's presence, as he passes the far door a
shadow grows from where he stands. He looks to Kyoko a moment
before walking to Ranma-chan and taking her jaw in his hand. "You still
look beautiful." Gamei spoke with tenderness, which made Ranma-chan
wince a little. Kyoko stood by and watched Gamei kiss Ranma-chan on
the lips, she twitched wanting to help her friend but knew she could
not^Å

Gamei smiled softly "Your lips are still as sweet, even if you
resist me in this life." Ranma-Chan glared at him and Gamei simply
chuckled before turning and leaving them. Kyoko ran to Ranma-chan's
side and looked apologetically at her.

"I'm sorry^Å" Kyoko whispered.

Ranma-chan smiles weakly "Its all right, I know you can't do
anything against him^Å" Looking down slightly Ranma-chan sighs
softly. Kyoko exits momentarily, she brings back some more water for
Ranma-chan.

====== ====== ====== ======

On the train Ukyo, Shampoo and Akane sit together while Nabiki
sits in another booth quietly watching the scenery. Noises of gossip
float over from the three girls and Nabiki gathers a small thermos and
sips the warm tea made by Kasumi. The hush and buckle of the train
whirls about. Nabiki is startled by a hand on her shoulder.

Ukyo smiles softly to her and Nabiki relaxes. "You know, Sugar,

you need to relax a bit." Nabiki nodded softly to this. "I noticed
something in the number crunching you did earlier for this trip."

Nabiki looked to Ukyo and shakes her head "I did not over
charge
for my serviced if that's what you're thinking."

"No it was the lack there of I'm referring to." Ukyo said with
low voice.

"I..." Nabiki looked a bit off guard and shook her head.

"What's the matter?" Ukyo leaned closer to emphasize the
question.

"Just forget about it, It was probably a miss step and if you
want
me to fix it.."

"No, no." Ukyo sounded a bit set back and left Nabiki alone.
Nabiki turns to the window and stares off seemingly into space. The
chatter of the girls welcomes Ukyo back into it and they proceed to
gossip about the time they have missed from school.

====== ====== ====== ======

They reach Kyoto and are off the train by nightfall. Within the

hour of entering the city the four girls are in a hotel, readying for
bed.
Ukyo and Nabiki share a room, Shampoo and Akane share the next.
Akane and Shampoo are already in their bed and settling in for the
night.

Ukyo looks to Nabiki "We couldn't get doubles?"

"It was more cost effective this way, besides we're all girls."

Nabiki smirked "I promise I won't bite."

"Very funny, Nabiki" Ukyo sniffed and slipped her pajama top
before sliding into the bed. Nabiki soon follows after and she turns out

the lights. In the darkness, Ukyo sleeps warily as Nabiki stays awake
till early morning before finally getting to sleep.

====== ====== ====== ======

The next morning Ukyo finds herself in a massive hug. Enveloped

by both the covers and Nabiki's limbs She is helpless until Nabiki
wakes up. Within the hour, thankfully for Ukyo, Nabiki stirs and
stretches her muscles. Her soft body rubbing onto Ukyo, who squirms
at the contact and hurries to the bathroom.

Nabiki blinks and shrugs "Strange girl."

====== ====== ====== ======

As the sun reached noon the girls were already heading into the

market for rations and survival gear. Nabiki set off alone while Ukyo,
Akane and Shampoo went another way. Buying supplies at a camping
depot Nabiki took in mind and bought several cans of beef jerky. Close
to the end of the aisle she saw a rather odd looking lamp. Curious she
walked to it and favored it with a calculating glance and shrugged.
"Well
it is a nice piece." The sales man said from behind the counter. "500
yen, for it and oils."

Nabiki considered this and nodded "I'll take it." With that
last
purchase she went to the meeting place that wasn't too far from the
store. Once there she saw Akane sitting under a tree and humming
slightly. "Hello Sis."

Akane looked up and smiled softly. "Hello Nabiki." She padded
the ground next to her "Ukyo and Shampoo are getting some more
sunblock." Nabiki nodded and sat in the offered seat. "So^Å" Akane
looked to Nabiki quizzically.

Nabiki looked to her "So^Å?"

"What's with you lately? You've been acting kinda strange
lately."

"Oh it's nothing^Å" Nabiki stated. "Just one of those things I
guess."

Akane nodded softly "Well if you ever want to talk^Å"

Nabiki smiled softly "Thanks Akane"

"Akane! Nabiki!" Came Shampoo's voice from across the street.
Ukyo stuffs the last of the sunblock in her bag and they met the sisters

under the tree. Ukyo quickly sat and relaxed under the tree, while
Shampoo checked off the list of things. "That all of it I think." She
looked to Nabiki who nodded to her. "We go after lunch."

"Sounds like a plan to me." Ukyo said holding her stomach.
Akane giggled softly. And the rest picked up their equipment and
headed to a small restaurant near the edge of town.

====== ====== ====== ======

Inside the restaurant they sat at a booth looking at the map
and
eating sandwiches and discussing the route. "Can I get
...some..water^Å." Came a voice from the door that made the four girls
turn their head and gasp.

"Ryoga?" Akane said aloud.

Ryoga blinked and looked to the girls "Hey I thought you were
in
Kyoto not Nerima." They all face faulted and withered upright.

"Well, now that you're here might as well tag you along too^Å"
Akane began. Behind Ryoga a very miffed Perfume entered and hit the
lost boy on the back of his head where there seemed to me a cluster of
goose eggs and he went down like a rock.

"Perfume?" Shampoo looked puzzled as did the rest.

"Stupid boy is to take me to market, get more noodles. Great-
grand-mother say find local and use guild, find stupid boy instead!" She

sat and Nabiki looked to Ryoga's prone body.

"We could always use a hand on this one." Nabiki said warily.
"And besides if we let you go with him you'd take longer to get to
Tokyo by the time we'd get back."

Perfume nods "Yes, you right. I come."

To be continued^Å

This fanfic is Written by Richard Marshall
C&C Will be apreciated
at : Knigh...@aol.com