[Ranma][FanFic] Biker 1/2 chapter 23

Calum Wallace

Jun 13, 2001, 12:33:44 PM6/13/01
LEGALISTIC SHIT and RANT
My feet are not my fault either.

Words in "<this>" kind of brackets are spoken in Cantonese. Those in
"{this}" are in wolf-speak.

Chapter 23: Repercussions.
"Second guess, did I do my best? There was a friend I had..." - The
Offspring, 'No Hero'
"Do you really think I had any idea what I was getting into?" - Ranko
Saotome on vampirism.

***********************************

Akira slid around a series of blows. Kou Loun snorted and had another go
with the Amaguriken. Akira backflipped clear and started laughing.
"Two thousand five hundred years and you're still too slow, kid."
"Oh, go screw yourself. I hear that Ranma brat had very few problems beating
you to a pulp."
Akira snorted and lobbed a couple of Hadokens at her. She countered them
with blasts of her own. Varied onlookers from both sides were now centring
their attention on the pair, the battle forgotten while they watched what
had to be the facedown of the decade. If not the century.
"You've got as much power as an average slug, Akira."
"So speaks the one who had to bring along an army to capture one brat.
HADOKEN!"
Kou Loun jumped over the ki blast. "You do like showing off, don't you."
"Aye right. And you fuck anything that moves. I heard you once dated your
own brother."
"Oh, and who decided to assassinate an ally who trusted him?"
Another ki blast shot at her, this one tinted red.
"That Saki bitch was a demon hunter. Enough said."
Kou Loun sniggered and jumped over the blast.
"That's not what I heard."
Akira smirked and started closing on her. "Oh? Then maybe - just maybe -
your informants aren't quite as reliable as you think. Saki Moroboshi was a
demon hunter. She killed several close friends of mine."
Kou Loun snorted and shot a sidekick at him, followed up by a string of
punches which he evaded smoothly.
"Oh? I didn't know you *had* friends."

************************************

Nodoko felt her legs starting to go weak again. Saki Moroboshi. One of the
most capable demon hunters ever to exist. Killed by a car bomb some twenty
years ago.
Her mother.
Nodoko's grip tightened on her katana. She steadied herself and narrowed her
eyes. Kick ass, huh?
"Something tells me Ranma was right, *is* right."

************************************

Akira snorted. "Oh yeah? And what about poor old Damien? The old vamp,
wouldn't hurt a fly? Staked then flamethrowered on the orders of a certain
Amazon? For being too close to Joketsuzo? After being welcomed into the
village with open arms? Or a certain young lady I suspect might be named
Xian Pu? The one who was supposed to be the next Matriarch of Joketsuzo? The
one you decided to assassinate for finding her own life?" He punctuated his
words with a string of punches, kicks, headbutts and bites. All of which
either missed or got blocked.
Kou Loun smirked again. "Akira, you always were a narrow - minded arrogant
bigot. I distinctly remember when you threw your own mother out on the
street for saying she thought you were an idiot. And I also clearly recall
you tipping off Clan Hakkenan as to the whereabouts of poor little Xian Pu's
mother, then helping those psychotic backstabbing werefoxes disguise it as
the actions of the Japanese government."
Her own replying stream of attacks was suddenly cut short as she sensed
*something* inbound. She ducked aside and swung her arm up to block the
attack she'd sensed. She had no idea what was coming at her, just roughly
what angle
There was a noise like silk tearing and her arm slammed into the ground. She
jerked out of Battle form.
Everyone gasped. Where the Conservative Amazon matriarch had stood there was
now a white haired six foot Amazon beauty staring at the stump of her arm.
She rolled aside as Nodoko went to hack off her head. Kou Loun rapidly dived
into a nearby group of her supporters.
Nodoko glared after the woman.
"And don't come back!"
She turned to Akira. He too had returned to human form. His jaw was hanging
open and making him a contender for the World Record for widest opening
mouth.
"As for you, you treacherous backstabbing piece of shit - eat this!"
She whirled her katana round. Akira was knocked flat before it could contact
him.
Ranma grinned at his mother from where he was now crouching on the older
man's back.
"Leave this fuckhead ta me, Mum. I gotten a shitload I owe him."
Nodoko paused then picked a rag - formerly part of somebody's clothes - off
the ground and used it to clean up her sword.
"Ranma, this bastard had my *mother* killed."
Ranma growled. "Beheadin's too quick for th' bastard. Come on - we got other
problems ta solve."
Nodoko blinked. "That hag's lackeys are leaving, Ranma."
Ranma swept his eyes around the battered street. The last few Conservative
Amazons were bolting off in every direction.
"We won... We fuckin' won."
Akira spat his mouthful of dirt out. "Ranma, get off my damn head!"
"If he does, you festering piece of shit, your head will be off your goddamn
neck!"

************************************

Ranko sat up. She spat out the mouthful of filth she had somehow collected.
Mortise nkelt down beside her.
"Are you okay?"
She nodded then blinked and slumped back down.
"My leg..."
"What? What's wrong?"
Ranko pointed at her prosthetic limb.
"It doesn't hurt..."

************************************

A silence descended over the area around the Tendo-Saotome dojo as the
Nerima Amazons began the grim task of counting the dead. The dojo became a
makeshift morgue.
Ranma stood and watched the scene in silence. A small group of Amazons were
over to his left, helping Mortise and Ranko by giving the latter her first
vampire meal. Nodoko was overseeing the removal of makeshift armour plate
from her truck. Nabiki had recovered somewhat from her kidnap, but she still
jumped violently at every loud noise. She was talking to Honda and a couple
of grunts.
He sighed and reached for his cigarettes. He stopped suddenly when his
fingers encountered an arm.
He looked down. Shampoo was standing beside him with her hand on his chest.
"Ranma?"
"Huh?"
Akane leant against his right side. "What are you spacing out for, Ranma?"
Ranma sighed and gathered the two of them into a mutual embrace.
"We're alive... Thank fuck."
A familiar bald bearded figure in a beat up leather jacket stepped round a
building. Genma's face was lit by the glow of a cig.
Ranma waved. "Yo! Dad! Over here!"
Genma nodded and slouched over to his son.
"It's over."
"Dad... there's somethin' I gotta say. Ya know th' way I usta always slag ya
off?"
Genma winced and nodded.
"Dad, I wuz wrong. Yer none o' that stuff." He jerked his thumb at the black
Dodge van that was parked nearby. "It's Akira who's th' dickhead."
A warm smile spread across Genma's face. Ranma and the girls parted
slightly, inviting him into their mutual hug.
"Dad, yer th' best. Ya rock."
Genma felt tears running down his face. But he couldn't stop grinning.
"Thanks, son."
They stood like that for several moments before a voice interrupted them.
It was Mao Xing.
"Xian Pu! It Wu Chii... she asking for you." He swallowed. "Mi Soon say she
only have maybe ten minutes."
Shampoo let out a moan and broke away from the other three. She dashed after
her brother towards the house.
Ranma and Akane looked at each other then dashed after her, followed closely
by Genma. The smiles had vanished from their faces.

************************************

Akane blinked as Shampoo went straight past the living room and dashed down
the steps into the basement. They dashed after her.
She was standing on the hatch and fumbling frantically at the wall.
"Shampoo? What's wrong?"
"Wu Chii be sister of Tiger!"
Akane blinked again and flipped the latch. The hatch sank into the floor.
Shampoo hugged her.
Akane could feel damp on her T-shirt from Shampoo's tears.
"Is only right she see her sister again."
They dashed to the third basement room, let the dusty Amazon within out.
Tiger glanced around at them.
"What now?"
Shampoo grabbed her arm. "Is no time for chit-chat. Wu Chii here... she
dying."
Tiger gasped.
"She can't be!"
"Come on!" They dragged the shocked Amazon over to the hatch.

************************************

Wu Chii was breathing in quick, ragged gasps when they got to the living
room. Shampoo went over and knelt beside her oldest, best friend. Wu Chii
smiled crookedly at her.
"{Xian Pu... it's good to see you...}"
"{Wu... I've brought someone you might want to see.}"
Tiger's knees hit the floor with a resounding thud.
"{Wu... Little sister... who did this to you?}"
"{Conservatives, sis.}"
Tiger's face hardened. "{Why? *Why*?}"
Wu Chii whispered her next words. "{Because they could...}"
Shampoo gently wiped the blood and filth off her friend's face.
"{You did alright out there.}"
"{Little sister, lend me your blade...}"
Wu nodded and fumbled a dagger out of her belt. She held it out to her
sister with one trembling hand.
Ranma tensed up.
Tiger looked at the knife for a moment then calmly pulled off her shirt. She
reached up and fingered her bone pendant for a moment then took it off.
She paused for a second then stabbed the knife through the pendant.
Wu Chii nodded and shakily removed her own.
Tiger took Wu's pendant from her shaking hands. Shampoo gasped and dashed
outside. She was back in a moment with a handful of dirt.
Tiger looked her dying sister over. The wound that was killing her was
easily visible - a broken off spear in her chest. Wu's lungs were filling
with blood too fast for her werewolf body to stop it drowning her.
Tiger silently cut a strip from her own skin in the exact location of Wu's
fatal wound. Shampoo handed her the dirt and she firmly rubbed it into the
wound.
She placed Wu's pendant around her own neck.
"{You will be avenged, sister.}"
Tiger cleaned the knife on her own shirt then slid it back into it's sheath.
The two sisters looked each other in the eye for a moment then Wu let out a
gentle sigh. Her eyes closed. She let out one more ragged breath and was
still.
Her eyes rolled sightlessly open.
Tiger gently closed them. She carefully picked her sister up. Shampoo
gathered up the varied weapons that had been laying around Wu and lead Tiger
out to the dojo.
Tiger glanced around then lay Wu down among the ranks of the dead. She took
Wu's weapons and carefully loaded the guns, slid the weapons into holsters
and sheaths.
With a final click the last knife went into it's sheath.
Tiger and Shampoo bowed to the dead girl then turned away, their eyes
fierce.
Tiger swept her gaze across the others, who were grouped by the door
watching them. "A warrior died tonight."
Shampoo nodded. "A warrior died tonight."
Tiger smiled slightly. Not a nice smile. "But her death will be avenged."
Shampoo nodded and clasped hands with the other girl. "But her death will be
avenged."

************************************

Tiger sat on a remaining lump of wall and stared at the moon.
She heard footsteps crunch on the gravel behind her. Looking round she found
Ranma frowning up at her.
"There's somethin' ya oughta see."
"Don't bother me now, mister. I've got a lot on my mind."
"We found a dead Conservative holdin' a busted off spear handle. She had
nearly two hundred AK rounds in her, her throat wuz slashed an' someone had
stabbed a crowbar through her head. Th' bullets wuz outta yer sister's gun
an' I flung that crowbar... Th' busted spear fit th' one yer sister got hit
by." He paused. "I gotten a rough idea how yer feelin'. If ya need ta talk,
come see me or Shampoo."
He turned and walked back inside. Tiger resumed her stargazing.
But she now had a vindictive grin on her face.

************************************

Ranma slumped down on his bed, muttering obscenities about the number of
bullet holes in the clothes Shampoo had just taken off.
"Goddamnit, how much blastin' did ya get?"
Akane snorted. "She stopped around sixty 25mm shells from one of those
spider machines."
"Oh, hell... is th' baby alright?"
Shampoo nodded. "Mi Soon is check my ki five minutes ago. Is extra aura."
She patted her belly.
Ranma nodded and pulled the two girls in beside him.
"Thank fuck. Say, what wuz that ritual thing Tiger done?"
Shampoo sighed. "Is way for say that vengeance is only reason she have for
to live any more."
"I told her about that corpse Mortise found. Th' one with th' spear what yer
friend wuz killed wiv... ya reckon Tiger's gonna be alright?"
"Yeah, she one tough chick."

************************************

Mortise sighed and sat back.
"Well, thanks all of you. Ranko, Mi Soon said she wanted to speak to you.
I've got to go for a walk."
Ranko nodded and stood up. She walked outside without looking at any of the
Amazon blood donors.
Mortise sighed again and shook his head. He got to his feet and left through
the other door, shooting the dozen or so Amazons a cocky grin as he went.

************************************

Ranko stopped by the tailgate of Mi Soon's truck. She could hear the old
Amazon talking to someone in a low voice.
"...t. Sure, it's a hiccup, but worse things have happened at sea."
The someone - another Amazon elder - replied.
"Mi Soon, you know the stories about those creatures as well as I do."
"And you know the stories about we shapeshifters as well as I do. Come back
and finish annoying me later, I have something I need to do."
The other elder grunted. Ranko heard her jump down from the truck and stride
off towards another vehicle.
She climbed into Mi Soon's truck. The old lady nodded at her.
"Hello, Ranko. I think I need to explain a few things to you.
Ranko sighed. Every so often she was noticing her own lack of breathing.
This was scaring her.
"Mortise said you wanted to talk to me. What likes?"
"Oh, a few details of your new nature."
"There's nothing natural about it, you old bat! I spent the last half an
hour drinking blood, damnit!" She made a face. "I feel sick."
Mi Soon sighed.
"Ranko, you need to understand. The blood is not the point, it's what's in
it. Vampires are beings of pure ki."
"Pure ki?"
"Yes, that's what I said. When Mortise... did what he did, your entire mass
was converted into heavy ki. To survive you need more ki to replace that
which you use to move about. The easiest source of ki is human blood. Drink
it and you will absorb the ki within. Go too long without getting ki and you
will crumble into dust."
"You mean I have to drink people's blood to survive?"
"Not necessarily. That is the easiest way to acquire ki. Other methods
exist, but they are slower and harder. For example, you could hang around in
an area which sees frequent martial arts duels and absorb the ki that
saturates such places. Or you could beg it off of your Amerai relatives."
"Huh?"
"In ki terms, Amerai are to humans what a nuclear bomb is to a firecracker.
We shapeshifters generate almost endless quantities of ki. We bleed ki into
our environment. We pick up stray ki from other Amerai. We burn ki whenever
we shapeshift, heal or use our other powers. Ki is life force. There is
nobody this is more true for than a vampire such as yourself. Since you are
made of pure ki you have several distinct advantages and accompanying
disadvantages. You cannot be injured by attacks that contain no ki or magic.
You can learn to absorb ki from attacks, plugging that weakness. You cannot
be killed - if you 'die', all it takes is for a ki buildup in the right
place and guess who's back? Say you were 'killed'. If, for example, someone
spilt some blood on the ground where you had collapsed, or a martial arts
duel took place. Or even say a werewolf started using their powers nearby.
You would reform instantly. You are quite powerful - think about it. Ki is a
form of energy, and you are pure energy. A lump of plutonium about this
size-" she gestured with her hands "-Converted to energy in the form of a
nuclear bomb can destroy an entire city. The amount of energy you consist of
could knock the moon out of orbit."
"What?"
"You weigh what - fifty or so kilos? That much raw energy is enough power to
dwarf an H-bomb. Amerai generate ki faster than any other living thing. And
it would take one of us around a month to produce as much energy as you
consist of. But one average werewolf will spill enough waste energy every
day for you to survive on for a week."
Ranko sat back. "For real?"
"Yes. You should be able to *feel* the ki permeating the air from today's
battle. Is there an almost metal smell on the edge of your senses? There is
on mine."
"Huh? Yeah, I've been wondering what that is. Look, I saw Ranma fucking
*glowing* and it wasn't his battle aura. I mean, so-"
"What about myself?"
"That's what I was gonna say. You're glowing enough to light the entire damn
house. Shampoo glows, so does Akane, all the Amazons, Dad - hell, everyone."
"That, Ranko, is my ki. Reach out and touch it if you like."
Ranko paused then poked an experimental finger into the glowing field. She
gasped and jerked her hand back.
"Damn!"
"What did you feel?"
Ranko paused, scratching her chin.
"It was like... that burning feel you get from vodka and such. Only up my
arm."
"Yes, you just absorbed some of the waste ki I spread around my environment.
Did it... taste - for want of a better word - good?"
"Damn, yeah! What a rush!"
Mi Soon smirked and yanked a blanket off of a large mirror.
"Look at your reflection, child. Tell me - what do you see?"
Ranko blinked a few times. "Um - myself. Only glowing like you but not so
intense."
"You see the ki that forms you. A normal, untrained human would be unable to
see your reflection, as would any camera ever devised. I can see it, but
it's fuzzy, out of focus and colourless. You can see it as plain as day - a
survival trait. The best meals are the people who glow."
"You mean I don't show on camera?"
"The camera that can see ki hasn't been invented. No man-made sensor could
detect your presence... but your clothes and equipment show."
"That's kinda useless."
"It is just a fact of unlife, dear... Would you like to know the origin of
your kind?"
Ranko nodded. "Well, yeah. I suppose I'd better."
Mi Soon chuckled. "Yes, it might be a wise idea." She fished a cigar out of
her pocket and lit up. "Though there *are* two versions of events going
around."
She took a couple of puffs at her cigar then continued.
"The vampires claim that they are the result of some ancient person, human
person that is, annoying some god or another. I think they claim the first
vampire was also the first murderer." She snorted. "The truth is slightly
more convoluted than that. Akira has mentioned the war that lead to the
Saotome bloodline deserting our parent Clan?"
Ranko nodded.
"Excellent. Fact is, Clan Diva - our parent clan - and their enemies Clan
Shea were at odds for over fifteen thousand years before that war. It was
the last of thousands."
She paused again.
"At any rate, the way my mother told me was this. Apparently Clan Diva
created what we call Dopplegangers as a biological weapon against Clan Shea.
In answer to that Clan Shea's mage-engineers created a disease. I was never
told it's name, but the modern term is Vampire Sickness. Vampirekind were
created as a weapon of mass destruction against Clan Diva. They were made by
infecting humans with techno-magic nanomachines - microscopic robots - that
then converted the victim to a ki life form and changed certain parts of him
or her. You - and all other vampires - contain around two kilogramme of
solid matter, those very same nanomachines. They replicate themselves using
the iron in blood you drink. Clan Shea built in a couple of weak points in
case their weapon turned against them. Unfortunately for them not only did
some vampires turn on their creators, but Clan Diva accidentally discovered
one of those weak points, one that can only be exploited by a magus. Seven
vampires survived - the ones who simply went AWOL in transit." She shrugged
again. "They hid among human society and named themselves the Society of
Caine. After a while they grew common enough that they were accepted as just
another critter you could find running around on Homeworld, and thus spread
themselves to many other words. Each of those seven had somewhat different
traits - they were after all one-off, individually engineered prototypes."

************************************

Mortise stopped in his tracks. So did the small guy he'd just met.
"You!"
"You!"
Mortise narrowed his eyes.
"You should never have come here, Happosai."

And that's another one complete.

NOTES
Next - More cleanup, a scuffle, funerals and some training.
Ye gods, the battle is finally over! Things can get back on track now... ah,
that's where I was.
Seven more chapters to go in this first book; though the battle planned for
the climax will probably expand even further than this one just completed
did. It was originally planned to take one episode and part of a second...
Chapter 21 was meant to be the end of the battle sequence. Ah well, no plan
ever survives contact with the enemy and the story's still right on course,
so it can't be bad.
Now, I must once again publicly thank/attempt to embarrass two people.
Firstly, thanks must go to my wonderful pre reader Paula Gray. She suggested
somewhere around 80% of the chain of events that takes place in this current
battle. Thankyou, Paula. Your suggestions have been a great help since I am
shite at plotting battle scenes.

Biker 1/2 has been given a home on the web! Go to
http://www.kistunesden.com
to find the archive; it's in the 'hosted' section of the site (in fact last
time I looked it *was* the Hosted section!)
Thanks must go to the lovely Carrie for her good work HTMLising Biker 1/2
and setting up the web page; she requested my permission to host the fic.
This request was gratefully received since I know nothing about HTML...
Thankyou, Carrie. Without you Biker 1/2 would have probably been relegated
to the bottom of the TASS archive for years.

Finally, I've been told I misspelled two names in Biker 1/2 - Nodoko (should
be Nodoka) and Jusenkyu (should be Jusenkyo). All I can say is D'OH! I'll
stick with the spellings I've used previously for future chapters of this
fic; other fics will contain the correct spelling. Eh - oops. My dyslexia
shows once again - man I love spellcheckers, but why couldn't Apple make the
AppleWorks spell checker understand Ranma 1/2 terms? Whine whine.

Please send any C&C to dog...@ratbike.org - my phone line is down once more
thus I can only access the virgin.net email address once a week at most.
Thanks.
Calum.

I am hereforth putting character descriptions at the end of each episode,
hopefully eventually forming a 'who's who' of Biker 1/2. This is an idea I
got from reading the fics of Greg Sharp (i pray i spelt it right)
Next up are Ryoga and Ranko.

RYOGA HIBIKI

Introduced - Chapter 2 (Unleashed)

Role - All purpose transsexual.

Species - Amerai.

Special powers / abilities - Ryoga is strong enough to throw a truck.

Motivation - To survive and pull Prince Herb.

Appearance - (male form) Ryoga is just on six foot tall, very heavily
muscled and very good looking with waist length black hair. He is also
somewhat 'transsexual'. He wears similar motorbike leathers to Ranma with
the addition of a long 'holster' type thing slung over his back as a holder
for the three foot adjustable wrench he uses as a weapon.
(female form) Ryoga's preffered form. She is the same height and nearly as
beefy but has a more slender face with a set of dazzling green cat eyes and
catlike ears. She also has a furry black tail and a tendency to wear very
revealing crop - tops under her leathers. Ryoga is drop dead gorgeous in
female form.

Personality at introduction - Ranma's elder half-brother (now sister) Ryoga
is a cheerful and relaxed compulsive wanderer. S/he has little or no respect
for the law, is super strong and can get lost (ending up on the wrong
continent) in a locked bank vault. Strangely, s/he has very little trouble
finding her beloved jet bike. S/he absolutely adores said motorcycle (built
from helicopter components by Ranma) and thinks Ranma is absolutely
wonderful for building it. That bike completely changed Ryoga's life - s/he
was almost terminally depressed before receiving it as a birthday present.

RANKO SAOTOME

Introduced - Chapter 9 (One wedding and a fuckup)

Role - Trouble magnet.

Species - Vampire (formerly Amerai)

Special powers / abilities - Ranko is a vampire. Oh, and she's got a shotgun
for a leg.

Motivation - To pull Mortise.

Appearance - Ranko looks almost exactly like Ranma's curse form. She has
slightly longer hair (the same bright red) and dresses differently - flared
jeans, hiking boots and a white T-shirt as well as the trademark Saotome
black leather jacket. She also has one missing leg (her prosthetic limb
hides a pump - action shotgun) and massive scars across most of her body, a
memento of the train crash which killed her adoptive parents.
Miraculously, her face is unscarred.

Personality at introduction - Ranko is a disenchanted saddle tramp. She ran
away from home after being returned to Nodoko and has spent three years
living rough on the streets. The only thing that protected her was her scars
and her pump action leg. She recently acquired a motorbike - an incredibly
decrepit World War 2 Harley that still (just) runs. It looks like scrap iron
but works.

GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Ratbike - A motorbike made to look as fucked up and unroadworthy as possible
while still being street legal. Normally painted flat black.
Honda CG125 - Small single - cylinder 4-stroke road bike. Not very much of
anything but supremely reliable and dirt cheap. It's reliability stems from
having very little to go wrong and a low - revving 4-stroke engine.
Honda Fireblade - Insane Honda sportsbike. Mad but beginning to show it's
age.
Supercharger - A pump driven off the crank that forces more air into the
engine thus forcing it to run faster.
Nitrous oxide - Laughing gas. A petrol - nitrous mix burns faster than a
petrol - air mix therefore produces more horsepower and more wear in the
engine.
Top yoke - The yokes are two pieces of metal that hold the front forks
together and to the bike. The top yoke is the upper one. Known as triple
clamps in the US.
Gixer - Slang for a Suzuki GSXR (one of the craziest bikes built).
Chain lube - Motorbike chain lubrication oil.
Header tank - Tank that contains the spare water for the radiator on a
sealed cooling system as found in most cars.
Gasflowing - trimming off excess metal from inside the cylinder heads to aid
the burn rate of fuel within the engine. Gives a small horsepower boost.
Final drive - the drive chain that goes from the gearbox to the back wheel
and the cogs (final drive sprockets) that it runs on.
Conrod - The bit of metal that connects the piston to the crankshaft.
Alternator - Higher tech version of a generator.
Kill switch - The engine's 'off' switch. Turns off power to the ignition.
Lid / skidlid - Slang for a crash helmet.
250 Superdream - CB250. The next up the Honda model range from the CG125 and
just a bigger version of the same.
500 Superdream - CB500. A CB250 with a bigger bore and heavier frame.
Engine clicking - An internal combustion engine heats up when run. Run it
hard and it heats up more, then when you switch off the engine will start
emitting a series of sharp clicks as the metal cools and contracts.
Stocker - unmodified factory - built vehicle.
Binned - crashed. Normally means written off.
Steering damper - a long, thin shock absorber that fits between the forks
and the frame. Helps steady the steering.
JSDF - Japanese Self Defence Force. The collective Japanese armed forces.
JGSDF - Japanese Ground Self Defence Force. The ground forces arm of the
Japanese military.
JASDF - Japanese Air Self Defence Force. The Japanese air force.