[Ranma][FanFic] Anijza Part1/04: "The Intrusions"

Nicholas Stone

Feb 18, 2002, 3:17:42 PM2/18/02
Ranma 1/2

Anijza

Part One:

'As on Earth as in Hell'

Nicholas Stone

The Intrusions

Ranma strolled casually down the street towards the dojo recalling the
argument he had with Akane that afternoon. Anijza walked along beside him
chattering on, but he had tuned her out sometime ago.
I can't believe I said all of those nasty things to Akane, he thought. I
never really meant to hurt her, and I don't want her mad at me again.
Sheesh! You'd think we'd learn by now and can come to some kind of mutual
agreement about this relationship of ours!
Anijza's voice briefly came to him. He smirked, wandering off the sidewalk
for a second as if stung by the sound. Anijza, he continued, such a nice
girl, somewhat smothering, a bit overboard on the touchy-feely, it was
because of her dedication to him that started this mess after all.
Was she in love with me?
Ranma cut Anijza a quick glance. She was still talking, words buzzing in
his ears. Gosh if she is in love with me then I'm going to have to tell her
that I can't return the feelings she'd want. Hoh boy, how did I get into
such a mess?
"Ranma-chan?"
Anijza's call broke him from his mulling. "Yes?"
"Did you hear what I asked?"
He could not lie to her. "No, I'm really not here right now."
A stern gaze came to Anijza. "It's Akane, isn't it?"
"Uh... yeah."
Suddenly, Anijza stood before Ranma stopping him in his tracks.
"Ranma-chan. How can you be thinking about the one person who wants you to
fail?"
"Who, Akane? She doesn't want me to fail."
"If she did not she would have been helping you better than running off to
leave you at the mercy of fate."
The tone of her voice angered Ranma slightly. It had to be love, and he
looked ahead. The Dojo was only a few blocks off and they crossed the
street. Once on the other side, she placed a firm grip around his right arm
stopping him.
"Ranma-Chan-."
"She is my fiance, Anijza," he said before she could finish.
The grip tightened and he turned around. "Anijza, I'm sorry but we've just
met and you hardly know me. Akane and I have been together for a long time
now and... well I've grown quite fond of her."
Anijza stared up at him. A deep look of love filled her eyes Ranma could
see, and then she moved up close. Her hands delicately caressed the sides
of his face.
"I know you, Ranma-chan," she said in a light whisper.
Warmth flushed Ranma's body as Anijza's lips drew closer to his. It took
every once of willpower in him but he drew back breaking the spell.
"Uh, I think we need to... to get back to the dojo. Dinner should be ready
now."
Quickly, Ranma continued on leaving a frustrated and very annoyed Anijza
behind. She seethed silently fighting back the powers building inside. No,
the only thing standing in her way was Akane Tendo. She might not be able
to kill her, but there were other ways to remove pest.
Ranma opened the gate relieved to see his home again. It was short lived;
Anijza's arms wrapping around his once again. She stood staring up at him
innocently.
"I'm sorry," she said, dejection in her voice.
He smiled. "It's okay. Should have explained it better to you. Come on,
let's go inside and eat."
Together, they went into the dojo. The smell from Kasumi's wonderful
cooking greeted them, and as they entered the dinning room, the rest of the
clan paused from their meals.
"Long walk?" asked Soun arching a suspicious brow.
Ranma and Anijza sat down.
"No," replied Ranma, "We had some extra studying to do."
Genma let out a grunt, diving back into his meal. "We heard about your
little dare," he said between bites.
Ranma reached out scooping some rice into his bowl. He started plucking
vegetables and meat from another platter then paused as his eyes met
Akane's. They stared at each other for a minute waiting for the other to
speak. Nothing happened, Akane sadly looking down at her meal.
"It's not a dare pop," Ranma answered. "Anijza volunteered to help me
pass."
"And he will too," added Anijza.
"Sounds like a dare to me," commented Mousse, and only then did Ranma
realize he was there.
"Mousse! What are you doing here?"
"Cologne fired him," said Kasumi.
"She did what!"
"She got upset about losing that bike," Mousse explained.
"That's not right!" said Ranma. "I'm going to go down there and tell her
she's got no reason to be like this. It was an accident!"
"No!" shouted Mousse, startling him.
"You don't want me to get your job back for you?"
Mousse seemed oddly uncomfortable. "No, ah... I figure once the new one
gets there she'll call for me. Besides, she went on a trip to pick up
some... rare spices for the restaurant. Yeah that's it, I mean yeah."
Ranma thought Mousse was hiding something but let it pass. "Okay. Going to
be quite cramped here in the dojo though. Maybe we should turn it into a
Hostel."
"Would make us some more money," said Nabiki.
"Away with those thoughts, children," Soun said sternly.
The topic was dropped and everyone resumed eating. Mousse caught Anijza
staring at him. Her brows were knitted together as if she suspected his
true motives. A strange girl indeed, he mused. Cologne's suspicions might
not be so far fetched after all.

* * * * *

With dinner complete, the household passed the rest of the evening in
comparative ease settling to watch their favorite T.V. shows. Akane sat on
the patio reviewing her homework and enjoying the gentle breeze cutting
across the lawn. She still could not concentrate, images of Ranma and
Anijza together lingering bright in her mind. Damn it, if I could only
forget about him, her mind screamed. A louder voice called above it, saying
that Ranma needed her now more than ever.
"Ranma," she sighed, closing up the book on her lap.
Mousse stepped out onto the patio and stood gazing out across the yard.
"Missing Shampoo?" she asked, sitting back.
"Yes," he sadly replied. "Not used to being away from her for so long."
"Don't worry, Mousse. You'll be back with her soon enough."
He smiled at her, then took a quick around. Mousse sat down next to Akane,
much closer than she would have liked.
"Mousse?" she said.
"Shh," he said. Another quick look around, Mousse leaned close. "You are
the only one I can really trust here."
"About what?"
His voice went lower. "I didn't get fired."
"You didn't?"
"No. Cologne sent me here to keep an eye on Ranma... and Anijza."
Akane almost fell back in shock. "Why?"
Mousse told her about the old sage's suspicions and where she truly had
gone. Akane felt relieved that someone else suspected this exchange student
was not normal. Another ally meant at least someone could keep an eye on
things and help if in fact Ranma ran into trouble.
"Do you think Cologne will find Happosai?"
"She can find him even if he was hiding in the very bowels of Mt. Fuji."
Akane giggled. "Mousse. I don't know how we're going to keep an eye on the
two of them twenty-four and seven."
"I was thinking the same thing. Furinkan High is out for me so you'll have
to go it alone. I can handle things here and the weekends."
"Yes, but I know Ranma will start to suspect if we're hanging around like
two moths to a flame."
Mousse nodded, rubbing his chin as they weighed their options carefully.
Suddenly, Akane snapped her fingers.
"I've got it!"
"And it is?"
Akane grinned mischievously. "Think you can head down to the Nekohatten
tonight?"
"Right now?"
"Yes. Tell Shampoo that I'm going to call a meeting at Ucchan's with her
and the rest of Ranma's so-called fiances."
Mousse immediately understood. "I'm on it. See'ya in a bit," he said,
running off to relay the message.
Once he was gone, Akane got up and headed inside for the phone. No sense
in wasting valuable resources, especially when up against unknown odds. The
devious expression never left her face as she began to dial.
What ever it is you are after Anijza Kwong, she thought, you won't get it
without a fight. That I promise you...

* * * * *

In Akane's bedroom things were tense between the two women who earlier that
day battled bitterly against each other. To share the same room became
almost intolerable for Akane but as a host she could not allow her feelings
to mar the respect and courtesies due their guest.
In her bed with her back to Anijza, Akane milled about plans of revenge,
imagining the sweet taste of victory over this intruder, and show everyone
that Akane Tendo is not one to be taken for granted. Okay, she had promised
her sisters that she would apologize to Anijza and Ranma, but the words got
caught in her throat every time she attempted to do so.
Ranma I can handle, she mused, but Anijza... I still think something is
wrong with her!
A light pressure pressed down on the end of the bed and she looked back to
find Anijza sitting there watching her with some interest.
"May I help you?" she said, rolling over to face her.
Anijza remained quiet for a minute, just staring and studying her features.
"Akane, I don't mean to sound so direct, but could you leave Ranma to me for
the next few days?"
Akane sat up. "Leave Ranma to you?"
"Yes. Otherwise I cannot get him home, and time is growing short."
"Home?"
Anijza mentally berated herself for the slip of the tongue. "You know, the
math test," she lied.
Her quick response felt odd to Akane. "Oh that," she said. "You know
Anijza I have been thinking and you are right."
She's up to something, thought Anijza. "I am?"
"Yes. I have been (cough, cough) wrong about Ranma (cough) passing like you
are saying. So, to make up for things I'm going to help."
Oh you witch, seethed Anijza's mind. "Ah, no that's okay. I can have
Ranma-ch... Ranma ready faster if I work alone with him."
Squirm you worm, Akane mused sensing that she had hit a nerve. "Oh come on.
Like you said, I need to show some faith in him and what better way than to
be at Ranma's side."
"I can do this better alone, Akane," Anijza replied in a stern voice.
The ensuing silence almost beckoned one of them to start the fight they both
felt was coming. Akane held herself in check, leaning back. "He is my
boyfriend," she finally said, eyes locked on Anijza's.
"I take this as a no?"
"I'll be doing some studies of my own, but I'll be close by to 'render'
assistance when needed."
"It won't be," answered Anijza. She got up and crawled into her bed, but
before pulling the covers up she paused.
"I admire your determination, Akane Tendo."
Akane smirked, rolling over. "Goodnight, Anijza," she said and turned out
the light.
"Goodnight, Akane. Pleasant dreams."
Akane thought she heard the girl giggle. She shut her eyes drifting into
sleep...

* * * * *

A bright white spotlight snapped on abruptly driving away the darkness.
Akane flinched blinking her eyes trying to shield them with her hands. It
was then that she realized that each wrist had been manacled to a long chain
linked by another wrapped tight around her waist. Another pair trailed down
to the clasp around each ankle.
"What's going on here?" she said.
The heat from the light started to make her sweat and once her eyes adjusted
she looked around. It was some kind of chamber with her at the center.
Bases of several pews could barely be seen in the ambience, light voices
murmuring in the background. The dress she wore was a simple one
reminiscent of a mere peasant girl from the French Renaissance period, drab
brown in color.
"Akane Tendo," called a dark voice out of the gloom.
Certainly not French, she thought trying to see who it was.
"Akane Tendo."
"Yes I heard you. Who are you and what's going on here?"
"Silence, heretic!" shouted a reedy voice.
"Heretic? I am-."
"Be silent, woman!" shouted the dark voice and she went quiet. "Akane Tendo
the charges brought against you are severe and bring with them dire
consequences."
"Charges? But I've done nothing wrong!"
A lofty voice laughed from behind her. "Oh Miss Tendo, you mock us with you
false claims of innocence."
"What have I done?"
The sound of paper snapping open was heard. "Akane Tendo, you have been
charged and found guilty of Treason against a loved one, Betrayal of Faith,
Arrogance, and Defamation of Character," the dark voice read off.
Betrayal of Faith? Treason? Akane could not believe their words.
Suddenly, she began laughing. "A dream," she said. "This is nothing but a
dream!"
"See how she mocks this court!" hissed the reedy voice. "Proof of her
guilt!"
"Execution is our only recourse," added the lofty one.
Akane continued to laugh at them. "You can't hurt me! I'll wake up and
this will all go away! Defamation of Character. Get real!"
"There is one way out of your execution, Akane Tendo," said the dark voice.
"What's that?"
A pause. "Release Ranma Saotome from your spell."
"Ranma?" Akane laughed again. "This must be my subconscious working
overtime."
"Give us your answer, Miss Tendo," said the lofty voice.
She shook here head. "No way Anijza! Ranma is mine do you hear me? He is
mine!" Her laughs melted away into sobs. "I love him, and I'm not going to
give up!"
"Reconsider, Akane Tendo," the dark voice said.
Akane whirled angrily in the direction of the voice. "Never!" she seethed
in defiance. Another pause followed.
"Then you leave us no choice," finished all three voices together.
A thick metal neck brace snapped around Akane's neck, startling her. She
felt a post up against her back, grimaced in pain as invisible hands clipped
her elbows back. "What the-?" she growled as clasp snapped shut around her
wrist, legs and ankles. In seconds Akane was held immobile in what now
appeared to be a spacious courtyard.
"This is only a dream. This is only a dream!" she chanted, struggling to
get free. The strains from an orchestra filled the air; the beginning
overture of 'Swan Lake' clearly recognized by Akane. She frowned.
"They're going to kill me with music?" she said. "Could have picked
something worse than this."
In the gloom Akane could see the legs of several ballet dancers moving with
perfect rhythm to the music. She relaxed; actually enjoying this part,
giggling at what she thought was a joke from her demented side. As the
dancers closed, more features could be seen, and it looked like they were
all carrying something long in their hands.
There were six in all she counted, six female dancers pirouetting and
dipping together at the edge of the gloom. A rise in the music, six pairs
of legs spinning into a line balancing on the tips of their toes as the
orchestra held its pitch. The passage changed and one by one each ballerina
spun around.
Akane let out a gasp. "Sh-Sh-Shampoo!" she stammered recognizing the first
ballerina as she stepped into view; horrified as the Chinese girl leveled a
flintlock rifle at her. Ukyo appeared next to her taking stance, and then
Kodachi followed by Nabiki and Kasumi. The last ballerina spun off to the
side, but in her hand she held a sword up ready to give the word to fire.
"No, no, this is just a dream," whined Akane.
Her moans and struggles did no good, and as the last ballerina stepped out
into the light, Akane froze.
It was Anijza.
The strange girl stared at her with an arrogant smile. Akane trembled, her
bottom lip quivering as she fought back her sobs.
"Anijza, please don't," she begged, but it was futile.
The down sweep of the sword flashed in the light; Akane looking just in time
to see the flare and sparks from the rifles, clenching her eyes tight as
their booms echoed in the air, accompanied by her own screams...

* * * * *

"A dream!"
Akane sat upright in her bed grasping at her chest expecting to find it full
of holes. After a moment, she realized that indeed it was only a dream and
sighed deeply. The tension passed from her body, muscles relaxing and Akane
lay back down. Her forehead was wet and a dry feeling filled her mouth, but
she was glad that ordeal was over. What brought on such a strange scenario
is beyond me, Akane thought. I've got to stop watching The History Channel
before bed.
{Akane...}
Fear filled Akane hearing the whispered hiss of her name. The acrid smell
of smoke and brimstone filled the air and her breath grew shallow as the
call came again.
{Akane...}
Oh shit, oh, shit, oh shit, she muttered, pulling the sheets up tight
beneath her chin. Something shifted in the darkness to her left and Akane
looked over. On Anijza's bed she could the dark silhouette of her forced
roommate huddled at the center against the dim light from the window. A
shift of hair, the slight turn of her head, Anijza called out to her.
{Akaneeeee... let him goooo...}
"Who, who, Ranma?" Akane sat up. "I told you Anijza, Ranma is mine!"
Anijza's head slowly looked up drawing a gasp from Akane.
"Her eyes," she said in a low voice. Anijza's eye sockets were filled with
flames that danced eerily, licking the sides with light hisses and crackles.
{Fooolll....!!!!} called the demonic apparition. It leaned sharply forwards
and that was enough to cause Akane to leap back over the other side of the
bed out of view with a yelp.
Huddled low against the wall, Akane waited for the thing to show itself.
Nothing happened and she drew in several breaths as her fear subsided.
Suddenly, a cold, clammy hand touched down on her left shoulder and Akane
squealed in fright, turning around.
{I will have him, Akkaaanneeee!} called Anijza, the flames in her eyes
growing brighter.
Akane broke away, crawling frantically for the door. She flung it open and
rolled out into the hallway hoping that somebody had heard her cries and was
coming to help. The hallway remained silent thought, as if she were the
only living soul in the place. Nervously, Akane inched back pressing up
against the wall and started to feel her way along when a light moan carried
through the air out of the darkness behind her.
Slowly did Akane look back over her shoulder towards the sound and looming
out of an ambient glow hovered Anijza. Her attire had changed, long
billowing lengths of dark cloth draped around her body reminding Akane of a
corpse's shroud. Her hair seemed alive, and she held a chilling leer on her
face.
{You cannot win, Akaneee...} she said. Akane drew back, whimpering lightly
as the distance closed between them. {I am too strong, and I will have
Ranmaaa!}
Anijza drew up over Akane, allowing her terror to dig deep into her soul.
She barred her fingers, a devious grin forming. {And there is nothing you
can do to stop me!}
Akane could hear her desperate cry ringing through the hallway as Anijza
dived towards her...

* * * * *

Tuesday;
"Akane... AKANE!"
Pillows and sheets erupted into the air, Akane frantically sitting up in her
bed arms held protectively across her face. She calmed down and slowly
parted them to see Kasumi sitting at her bedside. Her elder sister watched
her carefully wondering if Akane was all right.
Finally, Akane dropped her arms and panted rapidly as her composure
returned.
"That must have been some bad dream," said Kasumi.
In a flash, Akane was hugging her tight. "It was, it was!" she said.
"Ugh! Akane please don't kill me because of it," Kasumi said, struggling
for a breath. Akane drew back.
"Pinch me, sis," she told Kasumi.
"Pinch you? Now why would I want to do something like that?"
"I've got to make sure this is not another dream!"
Kasumi laughed. "It's not."
But Akane wanted definite proof. She grabbed one of Kasumi's arms and
pinched her roughly making her yelp in pain.
"Ow! Akane-!" Kasumi retaliated pinching her hard on the shoulder.
The pain was all to real, satisfaction and relief filling Akane. She hugged
Kasumi again glad the night was over.
"You shot me!" Akane said, pulling back.
"No, I pinched you, and if you do it again I will do worse than that."
Akane shook her head. "No, no, you shot me. With a gun."
Kasumi turned her head slightly regarding her younger sister with a look of
suspicion. "Late night television, isn't it, Akane?" she said.
Akane lay back down, rolling onto her stomach. She grabbed one of her
pillows and pulled it close, staring at the wall in silence. "But they were
so real," she muttered.
"The dreams?" asked Kasumi.
She turned back over. "You shot me. You and Nabiki, Kodachi, Ukyo,
Shampoo, and, and-."
Through the door entered Anijza casually drying her hair. She stopped
apparently feeling the hard glare from Akane and pulled the towel from
around her head.
"Good morning. Are you all right?" asked Anijza.
The corner of Akane's lip curled up. "-and her," she snarled.
Kasumi swatted her sharply on one leg. "Behave, Akane," she said, "Anijza
was the one who asked me to come in and look after you this morning."
"She did?"
"You were tossing around so much I thought maybe you needed some help," said
Anijza, continuing to groom herself in front of the dresser mirror.
Akane remained speechless; partially embarrassed by her actions, mostly
shocked the girl would do something like that after their encounter last
night. She looked sadly away and Kasumi smiled.
"So I think you owe her an apology," she suggested, gently reminding Akane
about their conversation.
The words came heavy to her lips, but Akane forced each sentence out.
"I'm... sorry, Anijza for being such a... let's just say I'm sorry, okay?"
Anijza kept the grin from her lips as she turned around. "It's okay. I
understand."
Yeah, I'll bet you do, Akane thought.
"Now you better get up," said Kasumi, standing up. "You need to hurry if
you're going to eat and get to school on time."
She left to continue her morning chores leaving the two alone. Anijza
finished fixing the bow around her neck and grabbed the books from her bed.
"See you downstairs," she said.
"Yeah, yeah, I'll be there in a moment," answered Akane.
When she was alone, Akane let out a sigh. Not even the beginning of the day
and it's already turning out bad. She sat up and pulled the top of her
pajamas up over her head. Something musky caught her nose and Akane
stopped. It was familiar, so familiar the hairs on the back of her neck
stood up on end. Akane sniffed the air again following the light odor down
to the left shoulder of her pajama top. She pressed it close to her nose
then let it drop recognizing the smell.
It was brimstone...

* * * * *

Ucchan's normally would be packed this time of the day, but Ukyo Kuonji had
done the unthinkable and closed her doors to the afternoon rush. Around one
of the dining room tables sat her, Akane, Kodachi and Shampoo; Konatsu
lingering behind the counter listening in on the meeting.
The topic was about Anijza and the growing threat she presented to them
concerning Ranma. Akane updated everyone on her, and then Ukyo gave her
inputs and thoughts about the matter. Shampoo's angry fist slammed down on
the table, cracking it in two as she pushed herself away and stood up,
pacing furiously like a caged tiger.
"I say we go and kill this silly girl!" she raged loudly.
Konatsu brought out another table and several more cups of tea.
"Mmm, no Shampoo we can't just go knocking off some stranger because we are
all jealous," answered Ukyo.
Kodachi sat back holding her tea in her hands. She took a sip, then let out
one of her evil titters. "Hoo, hoo, hoo, why not? I can whip up a small
dish that will make it appear that she died from natural causes."
"Because she's not from around here, and I'm sure her parents not to mention
the Korean government would be furious," Ukyo said.
"That's if she is from Korea," Akane said.
Ukyo arched a brow. "If?"
Akane set down her cup and crossed her fingers reflecting on the happenings
from the past few days. "To many strange things have been happening. She
pops up, latches on to Ranma like she's known him for years, makes a
decision that could affect his life-."
"Beats you in a basketball game that even I think you should have won,"
added Kodachi.
"Don't remind me. Topping all of that is the fact that she drove off
Happosai with out any explanation at all."
"That one is something to be concerned about," Ukyo said, "although I do
like the fact that my underwear is still a complete collection this week."
"Great Grand-ma go and find Happosai," Shampoo told them. "Say he might be
only way to find out what strange girl after Ranma for."
"Hopefully she finds him and gets back soon," said Akane. She took another
sip of tea trying to figure out a way to resolve their situation in the
interim of Cologne's absence. Time was not in their favor and to Akane it
was running out fast.
"She's going to strike soon," she said.
"How soon do you think?" asked Ukyo.
Another short pause. "My guess, right after the math test."
"The teacher will have to score it," Kodachi said. "Ranma still has to
pass, and with flying colors."
"Which makes it Friday," said Akane.
"And then what?" asked Kodachi.
Ukyo gazed thoughtfully up to the ceiling. "I can see the scenario now.
Picture this; Ranma passes, he shocked, stunned, and generally in debt to
Anijza. As gullible as he his honest, she no doubt will take advantage of
this and BANG! Minus one Ranma Saotome."
"Whisking him away without us ever knowing what has happened," finished
Kodachi.
"Then why we wait!" shouted Shampoo. The girl calmly picked up their drinks
as her rock hard fist cracked the new table in half.
"Oh Konatsu. Another table here, please," called Ukyo.
Once replaced, the girls drew up again to ponder options.
"Again, killing her is out," said Ukyo.
"No! It only way!" declared Shampoo.
"It's not the only way, Shampoo," said Akane. "We don't know what we're up
against first of all. For all we know it just could be puppy love, although
I doubt that."
"Here, here," said Kodachi.
The fingers of Akane's right hand strummed the top of the table rapidly
denoting her anger despite the calm look on her face. "Girls, I get the
feeling that Anijza is waiting for something."
"Yes we know. Passing his math test," said Ukyo.
"No, not that," replied Akane. "Its something I think... well I think it's
something Ranma has to do."
Shampoo let out a loud gruff, sitting back. "Now you being silly, Akane.
We talk to much when solution is simple."
"And what's that?" asked Akane.
"We hit girl over head, stuff body in bag, take out to deepest part of
marsh, tie cement blocks to feet and sink her in pool of quicksand. Nobody
find for least ten years!"
"Ooo, Shampoo I like your thinking," said Kodachi. She pulled out a small
notepad and pen. "Could you give me the details of that scenario again?"
"Put that away!" snapped Ukyo. "Shampoo, Anijza will be missed plain and
simple!"
"We cannot wait for great grand-ma!"
The Chinese girl raised a fist angrily up over her head.
"Don't you dare, Shampoo," Ukyo warned, "the count is two tables already.
You break this one you're working for me!"
Shampoo paused then slammed her fist into her palm. "What we do then?" she
said sadly.
Akane let out a sigh. "I don't know. I sure wish we knew what we're up
against."
"Can I add some thing?" Konatsu suddenly asked from behind them. The girls
traded looks then shrugged ready for any input that might help.
He pulled up a chair, tossing his dark locks back as he sat down. "I could
not help but think about what you have been saying concerning this girl,
Anijza, is it?"
"What about her?" said Ukyo.
"Akane brought up something that sparks my interest... and should be a
strong warning to all of you."
"I did?"
"Yes. About Cologne, more so Happosai."
"Happosai?" the girls said together.
"Happosai. If memory serves me, he was possessed, right?"
"Ah-huh, by evil demon," said Shampoo.
"So, Anijza comes along and scares him half to death. Now I'm not sure but
there are only seven things that come to mind that can scare another demon
like the way she did."
"And they are?" said Ukyo.
"A Holy Object, a Holy Spirit, a priest or shaman, a good fairy, a bad
fairy, or I dread to say, another more powerful demon."
Silence filled the restaurant, silence that was finally broken by the
combined laughter from the four women. They giggled and chortled
uncontrollably until their minds started recalling the things that had been
happening. Slowly, the humor subsided replaced by astonished expressions.
"Konatsu," said Akane. There was a slight tremble in her voice. "You don't
think Anijza's a demon, do you?"
"I think we can safely rule out the holy stuff, and as for being a
priestess... you'll have to make that call."
"Fairy?" said Shampoo. Several doubting looks ended that suggestion.
"But why Ranma?" shouted Akane.
"We don't know its true, Akane," Kodachi said. "Maybe Happosai was allergic
to something Anijza had on?"
"You don't believe that for a second, Kodachi," Ukyo said. She rested her
head in one hand, shaking it slightly with frustration. "We've dealt with
demons and spirits before and this does feel like one of our earlier
encounters. Good thing we didn't try and waylay her like Shampoo wanted to
do."
"It's a good thing indeed," added Konatsu. "Someone might have been hurt,
or worse."
"But why Ranma?" Akane asked again.
"Is Chinese curse for not marrying Shampoo, no?" suggested Shampoo.
"No," replied Akane. "Ranma already has one curse on him as it is."
"In either case, what do we do about this intruder?" Kodachi asked.
They thought some more, and then Ukyo snapped her fingers as a plan came to
mind. "We stall," she told them.
"Stall? Stall what?" said Kodachi.
"Whatever it is Anijza is trying to get Ranma to do," answered Akane. "That
means we have to watch them around the clock."
"We can't do that," replied Ukyo.
"Yes we can. You and I can cover the school. Mousse is already in the dojo
so I have help there. During the weekends we all can be around to disrupt
them from being alone."
"Shampoo have to run Nekohatten."
"And I have Ucchan's to run as well," added Ukyo.
"I'll help," Konatsu said.
Akane felt a renewed determination fill her. With this much support there
would be no way Anijza could strike without somebody being there to alert
the other.
"Mousse could use more help," she said.
"What about Ryoga?" suggested Ukyo.
"He went south to the hot springs to rest and get in some study."
"So he went north and is probably freezing his ass off on Sakhalin Island."
"I'll get him," said Kodachi.
"How?" asked Akane.
"Should be no problem. The Kuno network is already spreading the news about
your breakup with Ranma. Once Ryoga hears about it, he'll be back."
"What!"
"Is true, Akane," said Shampoo. "They even have flyers out."
Akane's head hit the tabletop facedown; Ukyo gently patting her on the back
with a light smile. "Don't let it bother you, girl," she told her.
"Anyway, we need to be getting back to school. Girls, Ranma can't be left
alone for a single moment with Anijza. We have to stay on both of them
until Cologne returns."
"That might be long time," said Shampoo.
"As long as it takes."
Akane sat up again. "Forever if need be," she added.
"Then it all depends upon Cologne, and when she returns," said Konatsu.
The only weak link in their plan, several worried looks crossing their
faces.
"Let's hope she finds Happosai soon," replied Akane. "Real soon..."

* * * * *

The hills and mountains north of Tokyo were rich with the luster of trees
and undergrowth after a plentiful season of rain. Cologne bounded through
the forest after her latest lead; the reports of an old man heisting women's
underwear amidst the remote populace.
She can out onto a stretch of paved road that wound off up the side of a
high mountain. The air was fresh and clean bringing back fond memories of
earlier times of childhood in China. So much do, so much lost, she muttered
lightly. It was time to renew her search for the elusive Happosai and with
kick, bounded up the road.
Happosai's trail seemed to be taking him further and further inland, and she
figured he was still attempting to put as much distance between him and
Tokyo. This 'Anijza' surely held powers so strong that even the demon
possessing the sage could not bear to be in her presence. What kind of
powers she did not know, and only Happosai could shed some light on the
subject.
Cologne entered the streets of a small hamlet stopping to get her bearings
and check if Happosai's mischief had struck. The ramblings of a woman ahead
caught her ears and she went over to see what was causing all the commotion.
Out in the small yard, several women clustered around the town's policeman,
raving and ranting about their laundry and the newly stolen thefts that
occurred.
"He's close," she muttered, moving in to hear more.
One of the women was giving a description of the thief, pointing out towards
the far hills beyond the town. A good twenty-minutes lead, Cologne quickly
slipped off and plunged headlong into the surrounding forest after Happosai.
Keen senses picked out the possessed sage's trail. She increased her pace
feeling that he was not to far ahead now. Another short dash along a worn
path lead out into an open glen. The growth rose just above her head, and
she hopped up onto the end of her staff to take a look around. Nothing, and
for a second Cologne thought she had missed him.
Suddenly, a wizened voice caught her ears, carried along by the gentle
flowing wind across the field. She paused concentrating then bounded in its
direction. It led her back into the forest where Cologne soon caught up
with her illusive counterpart.
Happosai crouched with his back to her in a small clearing, the suns rays
beaming down upon him through the break in the limbs above. He was chanting
softly, rubbing a silk pair of ladies underwear up against one cheek.
"Aaaaah," he moaned, " the strength you provide me, you passionate bundle of
energy. I will nourish upon your delicate power, strength to continue on
with my flight away from the bad tidings."
A wrinkled brow narrowed, Cologne stepping out into to clearing.
"Happosai!" she called out.
Happosai let out a yelp, spinning around in fright. The mask of terror on
his face did not fit the man who himself caused so much fear and
frustrations about Nerima Township. The old man cringed before her, gnarled
hands flexing rapidly and a wild look filled his eyes.
"C-C-C-Cologne," he stammered, back further away.
Cologne could see he was on the brink of insanity, or was it something more?
"Happosai!" she called again, moving towards him.
"How did you find me?"
"You leave an obvious trail, Happi."
Happosai's mouth opened letting out a haggard cry as he turned to flee.
Before he could move, Cologne was on him, pinning the possessed sage down
with her staff across his chest. He struggled, kicking and screaming like
never before.
"Happi, Happi! Will you stop, I only want to talk with you!"
"No! You've been sent by the dark one, come, come to silence me before her
presence is known!"
A firm press on the staff finally stopped Happosai's mad flailing.
"Do you mean Anijza?" she asked.
Happosai's eyes widened. "Yes," he replied.
They lay there staring at each other before Cologne got off him and stepped
back. "What about her?"
A shudder shook Happosai. He curled up into a ball, covering his head with
his hands chanting a tome she'd never heard before.
"Happosai! Stop this foolishness and tell me about this girl!"
"Foolishness!" cried Happosai, springing to his feet. "Cologne you have no
idea what that girl represents!"
Then tell me so I may know!"
The old sage was pacing furiously in a small circle. His hands waved madly
about as he ranted in-cohesively.
"A Keeper.... a chosen one... a Collector of the neigh hours... one who
cannot be stopped or interfered with!"
Keeper, wondered Cologne? "Happosai, what are you talking about?"
"I'm talking about powerful beings, Cologne. Of things that you and I
barely know about!"
"And yet you recognized her and ran away like some whipped puppy."
Happosai abruptly stopped dead in his tracks. He stared at her shaking
fearfully, and then dropped to all fours.
"I am but... but a minor figure compared to her," he said amidst his
wheezing, "not worthy to occupy the very roof she resides under."
"But why, Happi? Why has she come?"
Happosai slowly looked up. "She has chosen," he told her in a voice not his
own.
Cologne knew it was not Happosai she was speaking to now, but for the first
time the actual demon who possessed him.
"Chosen? You mean Ranma Saotome?"
"I do not know," came the warbled reply.
In a flash, Cologne snatched Happosai up by the front of his shirt. "You
must know! You're a demon!"
Happosai's head lolled to onside, his upper eyelids hanging heavy as if the
old man was drifting off the sleep. She shook him hard and continued her
interrogation.
"Happosai, or whoever you are. Tell me what Anijza intends to do with
Ranma!"
"I cannot! It is none of my affair!"
"It is, damn it! Tell me, TELL ME!"
All the shaking Cologne did was for naught, Happosai's demented form
refusing to give out any information. She stopped and glared furiously at
him pulling him close.
"Damn you, Happi," she snarled. "Well if you will not tell me, then at
least come back and help me stop her before she strikes!"
Happosai's head snapped up straight at her suggestion. With a sturdy push,
Cologne sailed away from him across the opening into the side of a tree.
She slid to the ground, grimacing from the pain trying to regain her senses.
Looking up, Cologne could see Happosai staring hard at her through slited
eyes.
"No!" came the warbled voice of the demon. "Ours is not to interfere with
what is planned! Whomever the mistress has chosen is doomed, and there is
nothing we can do to stop her!"
Cologne rubbed the side of her head, shaking it around. "We... we must try,
Happosai," she said.
"No!" Happosai staggered, the stern gaze melting away back into one of
fear. "No," he croaked in his normal voice again.
"But they are your family, Happi!" shouted Cologne. "Are you willing to see
one of them lost?"
A sharp breeze rustled the trees chilling the air. Happosai stared up at
the sky a moment fighting the possession in him. He clinched his eyes shut,
balling a fist then gasped sharply. "I cannot!" he cried, bounding off into
the forest.
"Happi, Happi wait!"
Cologne grabbed her staff and went after him...

* * * * *

Time passed slowly by for Ranma, sitting at a table in one of the schools
study room reading one of the thick math books Anijza checked out for him.
His eyes burned, vision blurring in and out as he read page after mind
numbing page. Letting out a sigh, Ranma chanced a peek up over the top of
the book. There sitting across from him was Anijza, gazing at him
affectionately. She had not moved from that position ever since he started,
and now he was beginning to feel very uncomfortable with her around.
Glancing down, Ranma started to speak but she cut him off.
"Read," Anijza told him.
He dipped his head and continued on; taking occasional glances at her to see
if she had moved. Nope, still rooted to her seat with that look of motherly
love.
"Anijza, my brain is starting to hurt," he said.
"Supposed to," she replied.
Ranma paused. "You want my brain to explode?"
Anijza laughed. "Your brain will not explode, Ranma-chan."
The book came down, Ranma casting a wry frown at her. "I want to take a
break," he demanded.
"If you stop now the spell might not work."
Shaking his head, Ranma leaned forward not believing what she said. "Spell?
Did you say spell?"
Anijza said nothing, smiling lightly.
"Uhm... I want to stop now."
"Okay, we'll take a break,"
"I mean stop like stop, ya'know?"
Anijza arched a brow. "You want to pass, Ranma?"
"Sure, but uh that spell stuff has me-."
"It was a joke, Ranma."
Sure did not sound like it, Ranma said to himself. He grunted lightly,
humored by her attempt of whit. Gazing back down at the book, he continued
reading. Before he knew it, Anijza had suddenly slipped up behind him and
wrapped her arms about his shoulders. He swallowed the nervous lump that
formed, feeling Anijza's warm skin against his cheek as she peered over him.
"Ah, I see you've ingested rudimentary trigonometry. Good, further than
expected," she said.
"Surely you don't expect me to remember everything I've read?"
She leaned aside, smiling at him. "You will. Trust me."
"Yeah, right," replied Ranma. Anijza giggled, hugging him tight. Ranma
could barely fight the urge to hug her back. He looked out across the study
hall straight into the eyes of Ukyo seated at the far side. Her eyes
narrowed, and Ranma gulped gently pushing Anijza away.
"What's wrong?" she asked.
"Y-You better not do that," he said.
"What?" She briefly looked over at Ukyo. "Because of her?"
"Her and something else."
Anijza flinched as if stung. She frowned at Ranma sitting back down. Her
lips bunched tight together moving left and right while she pondered. "I
just don't see what you see in her," she finally said to him.
"Ukyo?" asked Ranma.
"No, Akane."
Again Akane, her presence felt even if she were not in the room. Ranma
missed her warm smile, but at least for now the two were not on speaking
terms. Anijza's obvious jealousy complicated matters, putting a strain on
him as he fought to balance the delicate situation.
"Akane, in her own tomboyish way, is quite an attractive woman," said Ranma,
resuming his reading. Anijza reached over and pushed his head back up.
"You're kidding?"
"No. I think Akane is very beautiful, and it goes way beyond looks."
"She hits you!"
"So do a lot of folks... how do you know she hits me?"
"I've, uh... talked with others, and they say you and Akane have a
'love-hate' relationship."
Ranma laughed. "No, Anijza, it's nothing of the sort." A timid pause;
Anijza arching a brow. "Okay, okay, there are mallets involved, but I have
grown used to them."
"So what about all of these other 'wives', hm?"
"Ew," said Ranma, grimacing. "That situation is a big problem. Some times
I wish I could just leave all of this behind and be free for a change."
Anijza's brows rose up. "What did you say?" she asked.
"I said that for once I'd like to leave my troubles behind and just be free
from all the hassle. You know, maybe a short trip or-."
"What if I told you I can make that happen?" cut in Anijza. Excitement
filled her eyes, disturbing to Ranma for some reason.
"How can you do that?" he asked.
Anijza took his hands in hers, leaning across the table. "Come back to my
home with me," she said in a low whisper.
"Your home? Korea?"
"Further," came her reply eyes narrowing a bit.
Ranma stared at Anijza unsure if she was serious or not. Korea. Hmm.
That's really not a bad idea although that further stuff didn't sound too
good. Anijza's fingers tightened around his, signaling her impatience. Her
innocent features began playing with his emotions, and Ranma found himself
in a bitter tug-o-war over whom he wanted to be with.
"Korea, huh?" he said again. "Can I bring Akane along?"
Anijza snatched her hands away, stung by the question. "What do you mean
bring Akane along? She's the one causing all of your trouble."
"That's not true, only part of it. When I said leave, I meant Ukyo,
Shampoo, and others who make our getting together so difficult."
Suddenly, the table they sat at shuddered. Ranma thought an earthquake was
about to happen, but it was brief. Peering around to see if anyone else
felt it, the people in the study room continued on as if nothing happened.
Oddly enough the tremor only affected them
"That was strange," he said, cutting off his remark with a start. Anijza
had the look of a woman scorned, face turned down in a dark scowl.
"Uh, Anijza, are you all right."
She remained silent for a few seconds glaring at him. "You just can't
forget about her," she finally said.
"Please don't be upset, but I love Akane very much."
"And you won't come back with me to my home?"
"Now I did not say that either."
"What are you saying?"
Ranma drew back nervously rubbing the back of his head. He did not like the
way this conversation was going, but was not about to be rude either.
Anijza's glaring crush on him only made the situation that much more
delicate. He could see it now, 'Exchange Student Kills Herself After Love
Spat With Local Boy. Countries Gearing Up For War'."
They'd lynch him before he could leave the city.
"I'm, I'm not saying yes or no, Anijza."
Her fist slammed down startling him. Anijza leaned closer. "I need an
answer, Ranma Saotome," she said sternly.
"Why?"
"Ranma!"
Shades of Akane!
Ranma swallowed unsure what to say next. He was spared by the sound of
someone clearing their throat. Ukyo stood gazing down at the two, malice
clearly written in her eyes. Angry or not, Ranma never thought he'd ever be
so glad to see her in his life.
"Ukyo, what a pleasant surprise!"
Ukyo's eyes drifted over at Anijza then back to him. "Is it not time for
our next classes?" she said.
Ranma looked up at the clock on the wall. "Why you're right, Ukyo!" he
said, getting up. "Sorry, Anijza, our studies will have to wait until
later."
"Ranma-chan," she said, "What about my question?"
He paused. "Uh... we'll talk about that later."
Anijza sat perplexed, ready to tear into Ukyo for her meddling. It was out
the question, but there still was time to complete her task. She quietly
stood up and gathered her books.
"Okay. You go ahead. I'll be there in a moment."
"Ranma," called Ukyo before he could open the door. "Days almost over. Why
don't you and Anijza come down to Ucchan's after school for a treat? On
me."
"Hey that sounds great," said Ranma, always ready for a free meal. "We can
continue my studies while we're there."
"Great! See'ya after school."
Ranma left; Ukyo, pleased that she had disrupted whatever was going on,
could see the hate burning in Anijza. Stew on that, she mused, turning
away.
"Ukyo..." called Anijza, but her voice held in an evil tone. Ukyo froze
suddenly terrified by this stranger. Something brushed lightly across the
nape of her neck then Anijza peered over one shoulder.
"You and Akane are starting to annoy me," she said, "for your own good...
leave us alone."
A threat, thought Ukyo? From a tiny little squirrel like you! Oh no!
She spun around, reaching for one of her throwing spatulas. "Alright,
Anijza! Let's, huh?"
The spatula in her hand clattered to the floor, Ukyo staring fearfully about
the room.
Anijza was gone...

* * * * *

But instead of heading directly down to Ucchan's, Ranma took Anijza back to
the dojo in search of Akane. Anijza's earlier comments about her sparked
some bitterness, no maybe more like guilt inside about the way their
relationship was going. Okay not much of a relationship, however; he knew
they needed to talk and smooth things over.
Unfortunately, Akane had not returned home yet so the two settled in to wait
for her arrival. Genma and Soun were at their usual game of Shogi, whilst
the other two Tendo sisters occupied themselves with chores.
At the living room table Ranma was again reading one of the books while
across from him sat Anijza. She should have been happy that Ranma was
falling perfectly into her plan, but instead she sat leaning against one arm
with a scowl, glaring at the newest of interferences to occur. Next to
Ranma sat Mousse reading the other book Anijza had checked out. He would
stop at a paragraph that sparked his interest and bring it to Ranma's
attention. So far, his meddling was upsetting Anijza's spell and she fumed
silently, trying to figure a way to get rid of Mousse without sounding like
a jealous girlfriend.
"Gee, Ranma. This is something I've not seen for a long time," commented
Mousse.
"I take it you've mastered things like that already?" replied Ranma.
"Back in my younger days. If you had stayed in China you would not be
having this trouble, but I can show you an easy way to solve problems like
this."
Anijza smirked at them. Getting rid of Mousse would not be easy.
"Ranma's fate did not include remaining in China, Mousse," Genma said.
Oh great! Now bring those two old farts into it. What is going on?
Slamming a piece of paper on the table, Mousse started writing several
formulas on it. "Now you see here, Ranma. If this angle is twice the
length of that angle, then the basic triangular formula will apply."
Ranma set down his book, now intrigued by what Mousse was telling him.
That's it!
"Ranma, you need to be reading and not playing around with Mousse," Anijza
said. The four men in the room looked at her stunned by the demanding tone
of her voice. Anijza was not to be deterred.
"If you want to pass your test, Ranma Saotome, then you better listen to
what I say and quit fooling around!"
Cringing back, Ranma sat stunned. He glanced over at Mousse and then over
to his father. "She's sounding more and more like Akane everyday," he told
them. "We need to move her into Nabiki's room."
Mousse, Soun and Genma burst out laughing, but Anijza, her nerves already on
edge, bristled with fury a the mere notion of being compared to her now
archrival.
The girl began to rise up from the floor when from the kitchen doorway
Kasumi leaned out. "Anijza, can you help me here for a minute?" she asked.
Another interruption! This one she could not ignore, and with some
reluctance got up. "Get back to your book, Ranma," she said as she walked
past.
In the kitchen, Nabiki was preparing some of the food over at the cutting
table, several pots on the stove steaming from their contents. Kasumi
handed Anijza a knife, directing her over to the sink.
"I hope you're handy with that," she said. In a pot in the sink were
several small onions. "I'm going to add some zing into dinner tonight. Can
you dice those up?"
Anijza stared at the onions resisting her urge to say no. "Sure, Kasumi,"
she replied with a bright, forced smile. Kasumi went back to her task;
Anijza turned on the water and started to peel the onions. Look at me, she
grumbled to herself, working at menial labor when I should be completing my
takeover of Ranma! Ooo! Never have I had such difficulties! If my hands
were not tied I would have struck down all of these idiots, starting with
that toad Aka-."
"Anijza," Nabiki suddenly said, "how has Akane been treating you?"
An odd question coming from her?
Again, the feigned look of innocence was put on, Anijza shrugging timidly.
"Well... I don't think she likes me," she answered.
"You see, Kasumi! I told you Akane would not change," said Nabiki.
Kasumi shook her head slowly. "Oh, Akane, Akane," she said, "I was hoping
you would do better than this."
Am I hearing right, thought Anijza? Were the two Tendo sisters actually
trying to help me?
"She seems so jealous of me over Ranma. All I want to do is help him pass
his math test."
Kasumi stopped what she was doing, turning around. "Anijza, Akane is a girl
and you do get very close to him at times."
"But we don't want to give you, or your counterparts in Korea the impression
that people in Japan are disgruntled host," added Nabiki. "Geesh, think of
all the bad publicity that would cause, not to mention the drop in tourist
sales."
Anijza could barely suppress her cheer. Yes, thank you, Master!
"Akane acts like she doesn't want Ranma to pass though."
Nabiki and Kasumi traded knowing looks. "Well, there is a rivalry between
them of a sort," continued Kasumi. "Ranma is always trying to one up Akane
and visa-versa."
Really?
Anijza poured it on. "I really like her (ugh), but, but, I'm kind of... you
know..."
"No, we don't," said Nabiki.
"I'm kind of scared of her."
The timid look on her face seemed to sway the two sisters Anijza could see.
Kasumi came over, hugging her as if she were part of the family.
"Don't you let Akane frighten you, Anijza," she said. "Nabiki and I had a
talk with her, but it looks like we'll have to make her behave."
"If she would just allow me to work with Ranma alone. I can prove to her my
motives are sincere, and that she has nothing to worry about."
Yuck, sniveling like this tasted foul, but the outcome would be more than
worth it.
"That can be arranged," said Nabiki.
"And Mousse, and, and those other friends of hers?"
"Leave it to me."
Yes!
A knock came at the back door, Anijza and Kasumi surprised that someone was
in the backyard. It came again and Kasumi peered through the window. "Oh!"
she said, opening the door. Kodachi stepped inside.
"Helloooo!" she said. Her eyes caught sight of Anijza and all of her cheer
immediately faded away. Warning bells went off in Anijza's mind. Another
troublemaker no doubt here to disrupt me. Akane Tendo must be marshalling
her friends to assist her. That little toad!
"Kodachi, what a pleasant surprise," said Kasumi.
"For who I don't know," grumbled Nabiki under her breath.
"Kodachi, what brings you here?"
Kodachi broke away from the hostile stare she was trading with Anijza.
"Kasumi! How nice to see you. I'm here to meet with Ranma and Akane. I
brought them a gift."
Her hands were empty and Kasumi tensed fearing it would be one of Kodachi's
deviant bombs or something. She took a slight step back. "Uh, what's the
occasion?"
Kodachi started to answer, stopped cutting her eyes briefly in Anijza's
direction. "Let's say its somewhat of a surprise."
"I hope it's not food," commented Anijza.
"Humph! If it were food it would have been for you."
"Well Ranma is in the living room studying," Kasumi said, breaking the
catfight brewing between the two. "Akane has not made it home yet. You
want to come in and wait?"
"Yes we would-." Kodachi stopped looking over her should for something. "A
moment," she said dashing back outside. Confused looks came to the three
women, and then they heard voices bickering back and forth from around the
side of the house.
"I told you to follow me!"
"Well I did, but, but you decided to turn."
"And you could not find it in your mind to turn right along with me?"
"I thought you were going to the front door!"
Kodachi reappeared, towing Ryoga Hibiki along by the hand.
"Humph, it's only Ryoga," remarked Anijza with some disgust.
Kasumi greeted him as he came inside. "Ryoga, I thought you were supposed
to be at the hot springs in Kofu or something like that."
"What's wrong? Europe to cold this time of season?" said Nabiki.
Ryoga laughed. He spotted Anijza and stopped dead in his tracks apparently
surprised. "Her?" he said to Kodachi.
Immediately, Kodachi placed a hand across his mouth, guiding Ryoga away.
"We'll wait out here with Ranma," she said.
No, muttered Anijza! She rubbed the bridge of her nose, feeling the
pressure building at her temples. Things were still going from bad to
worse; another distraction to jeopardize the situation. Both sisters
noticed Anijza's strained look.
"That was Ryoga Hibiki," explained Kasumi, shutting the back door. "He's
Ranma's closest friend."
"And he's going to disrupt my... he's going to interrupt Ranma just like
Mousse!"
"For a short while," replied Nabiki. "They'll soon get bored and find
something else to do."
"Ryoga! Hey man, what's going on?" they heard Ranma say.
"I came back because you did something to Akane, that's what's going on,
Saotome!"
"It was just a little spat that's all!"
"Ryoga, we did not come here to fight," said Kodachi.
"Not in my house!" shouted Soun.
Anijza turned a skeptical eye towards Nabiki. "Short, eh?"
Nabiki could only shrug as the bickering picked up.
"And what are you going to do about it?"
"Drag your ass outside and kick it, that's what!"
"You and what armies!"
"My arms and me, pal!"
A new voice entered the fray, one Anijza dreaded to hear.
"I'm home!" Akane said above the growing din.
"It's about time," said Ranma. "We gotta' talk."
"About what?"
"About me about to slam his ass into the ground!" shouted Ryoga.
"Control yourself, Hibiki," said Genma.
"Well if you've got anything to say to me Ranma, say it now."
"Uh... not here."
"Where then?"
"Somewhere where we can be alone."
"HEY WAIT!"
A body hit the floor, followed by several strained grunts and groans.
Anijza clenched her fist tight, realizing that Akane must have taken Ranma
away.
"He's got to study!" she cried running for the door.
Nabiki and Kasumi followed stopping behind Anijza at the doorway. Mousse,
Kodachi, Genma and Soun sat atop Ryoga as he squirmed and struggled in their
grasp. The scuffle ceased when they noticed Anijza, slowly separating.
"Ranma, where did Ranma go?" Anijza asked them.
"Akane took him upstairs," answered Kodachi. "I normally would mind such a
thing, but with that expression on your face I can't help but approve...
HOOOH, HOH, HOH, HOH!"
The irritating giggles Kodachi made did nothing but enrage Anijza even
further. A dark look appeared and everyone went suddenly quiet. She walked
to the table and began closing up the math books.
"Uh, Anijza, uhm I was thinking... ya'know I can help Ranma too," Mousse
said.
"Why?"
"To, ah, allow you more time to enjoy your stay here in Tokyo."
Anijza gathered the books up in her arms, pausing to look down at him with a
smirk. "Right. Don't I hear a pond calling you?"
She went upstairs leaving the others speechless by her snide remark.
Ryoga tapped Kodachi lightly on the arm. "Thought you said she was
strange?"
"And you don't call that strange?"
He shook his head. "Sounds like everyday conversations around here to me."
Kodachi started to say something then hesitated for a second.
"It does, doesn't it," she said, chuckling lightly...