[Ranma][FanFic] Anijza 2 / Part 5: The Rescue

Nicholas Stone

Nov 2, 2003, 1:47:37 AM11/2/03
Ranma 1/2

Anijza
Part Two:

`In Hell as In Forever'

Nicholas Stone

The Rescue
The expanse of Hell held the nine newcomers breathless
for a long while. They stared out across the barren
wasteland trying to come to grips that they were really
there. A long rumble rolled through the grey clouds further
dampening their moods.
"So do we just start walking until we come across
something?" asked Ukyo.
No one answered her; another rumble rolling across the
sky.
"If Ranma is here, I'm going to find him," Akane
finally said.
Nabiki looked over at her. "And I assume you have a
direction or map of his whereabouts?"
"No," answered Akane. She gazed sadly at the ground
biting her lower lip not sure what they were to do next.
"Why don't we try and find some one here who can tell
us where Anijza lives?" Konatsu suggested.
"Ok, great!" exclaimed Ukyo. In frustration she threw
up her hands pacing in a tight circle. "We really didn't
think this part out carefully, did we?"
"You want to give up on him?" said Mousse, drawing a
dark glare from her.
"No! But we are technically lost right now without any
clue where Ranma is!"
"Surely we can find a city or something that would help
us on our way?" said Tatewaki.
Shampoo laughed. "In Hell, silly snobby-man. This is
not place to be asking creeps how to find demon-girl."
"Well I say let's all go back and see if Cologne has an
answer for us," Nabiki said.
It was worthwhile suggestion, but that meant going back
without knowing for sure that they could return again.
Akane was not about to risk losing their one good
opportunity.
"We have got to stay and figure out how to find Anijza
on our own," she told them.
"And do what?" exclaimed Ukyo. "We're standing butt
naked in the middle of Hell, lost not knowing where to begin
and you say stay here and figure it out on our own? Akane
think about this for a second."
She did, but not about how find Anijza, but more about
the present state of their attire or lack there of. Jaws
slowly dropped, eyes cutting from side to side as the nine
finally realized that they were all naked. Akane grimaced
and slowly crossed her arms across her body.
"Great," said Kodachi, "I'm exposed in all my glory,
and my beloved Ranma is not around to see it."
"This is a silly time to be thinking of such things,
Kodachi!" snapped Tatewaki.
"OH I don't know," said Nabiki, her eyes roving up and
down his body. "Mm-Hmm. Tatewaki I didn't know you had a
mole on your-."
Tatewaki quickly turned away from her. "Enough
freebies for you, Nabiki."
Mousse, standing cationic staring at Shampoo, finally
pulled his eyes away from her. "W-w-well I-I-I d-d-don't
think a-a-anyone else here in H-H-Hell will b-eee better
dressed."
"It is Hell," said Konatsu.
The shock passed and Akane lower her arms. Ryoga stood
motionless; nothing but an occasional blink to tell that he
still existed.
"Ryoga?" she said, giving him a curious look.
"Uh, don't mind me Akane. Normally I'd have bled to
death about now, but strangely enough I'm not really
bothered by this."
Akane smiled and leaned close. "Maybe it's because
we're dead?" she said.
".Yeah, that could be it."
Ryoga turned and scanned the distant horizon. "That
way," he said to them point out. "That looks like a good
direction to go."
"What makes you say that?" asked Ukyo.
"Good a direction as any," he replied with a smile.
Ukyo gazed out in the direction he was pointing at.
She shrugged and started walking.
"OW, OOO, OOO, OW, OW!" she cried out, hopping around.
"What's wrong, Ukyo?" asked Akane.
She stopped, shifting from foot to foot, grimacing in
pain. "These rocks are sharp!"
"Ah, I wanna go home!" whined Nabiki.
"Too late to try that, Nabiki," said Akane. She drew
in a breath and stepped gingerly out onto the rock terrain.
The soles of her feet were normally tough from all of her
martial arts training, but here they were tender and the
sharp edges easily pricked her skin. She winced but kept on
moving.
"Tatewaki, carry me!" pleaded Nabiki as the others
followed.
"Not on your life, Nabiki. I am not a pack mule for
your use."
"I'll triple my usual picture delivery for the month."
"Eight by Ten's on glossy paper?"
"Deal!"
"Hop aboard."
Mousse could only stare in wonder as Nabiki hopped onto
Tatewaki's back. "Ah, ah, mistake, mistake!" he heard him
say.
"We have a deal, Mister Kuno! Now keep moving!"
He scratched his head then curiosity caught him.
Taking a quick peek back up the open tunnel, Mousse thought
he saw light at the far end. He squeezed his eyes tight
then looked again. It was light, and it also appeared to be
the very same room they all had come from only there were
several inert forms lying on the floor.
"Mousse?" Shampoo's voice called to him. He turned.
"You better come or we leave you behind."
"Okay, okay, but I think this pathway is-."
When Mousse looked back, the pathway and corridor were
gone.
"Path is what?" asked Shampoo.
"Nothing. My imagination I guess."
He gave the area one last look then hurried to join his
friends.

* * * * *

Anijza's new prison dungeon went well beyond the
capability of keeping its new prisoners secure and
constrained. It was a large round pit with a small ledge
running along the upper rim where a door set in the wall.
Hot bubbling tar steamed and belched around the sides
searching for any small crack or crevasse to seep through.
A small round wooden platform floated at the very center,
and on it perched Ranma and Ranko.
Both were bound tightly in chains, positioned on their
knees facing each other, foreheads pressed together. As the
tar ebbed and swayed, only by their combined efforts were
the two able to keep from being flipped into the dark pitch.
It took all of their concentration and this effectively kept
them from thinking of ways to escape.
Ranma turned his eyes up at Ranko. "For someone who
claims to love me, this is a hell of a way to be showing
it."
"Do you blame her?" replied Ranko, looking at him.
"Nothing but trouble that's all you have been since you've
arrived here."
"What? Whose side are you on?"
"I'm on yours, stupid," snapped Ranko. "You think I'm
enjoying our predicament right now?"
Ranma barred his teeth ready to tear into his alter
ego. He relaxed thinking about what she said. The platform
ebbed up; Ranma and Ranko pressing their foreheads harder
together as they strained to keep their balance. When it
leveled, they let out relieved sighs and looked at each
other again.
"This is really becoming a pain in my ass," said Ranma.
Ranko giggled, humored by his comment. "One good thing
about all this though."
"What's that?"
"No barrel of feathers waiting for us anywhere."
The furrowing of his brows renewed her laughs.
"You have an odd sense of humor, Ranko," Ranma said.
"Just trying to keep our spirits up." Ranko cut her
eyes to one side an odd expression coming to her face.
"Ranma. aren't you worried about Akane?"
Ranma flinched surprised by Ranko's question. "Akane?
Why of course I'm worried about her. She's all I've been
thinking about."
"Then why are you giving Anijza so much trouble?"
"Huh?"
"Think about it. Your physical body is dead, gone,
burnt into ashes."
"Meaning?"
"You can't go back, so why fight Anijza?"
Ranma could not believe what Ranko just said. His jaw
drooped slightly and then he blinked trying to clear his
mind. "Anijza put you up to this, didn't she?"
Pressing her body forwards, Ranko scowled angrily at
him. "No, you idiot! Don't you see? Akane is not going to
give up on you!"
"But she saw me die, Ranko."
"And you think that will stop her?"
Ranma hesitated. "Yes, what other choice does she
have?"
Ranko eased back, arching a brow. "You think so?
Remember Sentaro Daimuji? You know the one who was trying
to find a bride to avoid marrying a monkey?"
"Uh, yeah?"
"Akane tracked us down with only a ceremonial stir
stick as a lead."
"So?"
"So he says. and what about that Frenchman; Picolet-
whachamcallhim?"
"Oh yeah, Rubbermouth."
Ranko had to stop and allow her laughter to pass before
continuing on. "Is kind' a true isn't it? Anyway, both she
and Soun worked their way into his staff just to find us."
"So what are you getting at, Ranko?"
"Ranma, Akane will come here!"
Her outburst upset their precarious balance and they
frantically fought to maintain it, settling the platform
once more. As the rocking subsided, Ranko muttered a short
prayer thanking the gods for their continuing luck.
"You really think she'll come here?" asked Ranma.
Ranko looked up. "Ranma, you seem to forget about the
one trait all of the Tendos' have."
"What's that?"
"Persistence and Akane's is so large and long you could
wrap it around the equator several times."
It was true and Ranma knew it. Akane never could admit
defeat and the animosity between her and Anijza probably
stoked her flames of determination into a fevered pitch.
Finding him surely would became the only thought in her
mind.
"So, so what do you think I should do?" he said.
"Give in to Anijza."
Ranma's entire body jerked as he pulled back. "Give up
to Anijza!" he shouted. Their platform started rocking
again, Ranko frantically looking from side to side.
"Ranma-."
"No way, Ranko! No way am I going to surrender myself
to that bitch!"
"Ranma, Ranma, calm down!"
But he was enraged now, jerking against the chains.
"Anijza is my sworn enemy and I can not, I will not
give in to her!"
"Ranma, stop you're going to tip us over!" cried Ranko.
Ranma broke from his rants realizing that he had upset
their delicate balance. He felt himself falling back and
fought to keep himself upright.
"Ranko!... (grrrrr). do-some-thing!" he said between
strained grunts.
The bubbling tar seemed to sense their impending doom.
The blurps and rolls picked up, bubbles popped around them
splattering the two with hot bits and drops. Ranko suddenly
leaned out to one side as far as the chains would allow,
acting as a counterweight praying it would be enough to
allow Ranma time to draw himself back up. A burst
splattered the backside of her neck and she let out a cry
but continued to hold herself out.
"Ranma!" Ranko pleaded.
Ranma slowly began to pull himself upright. The weight
shifted, Ranko feeling it ebb and as he moved she drew
herself back in until finally the balance returned to
normal. One last pull and they came back simultaneously,
foreheads slamming painfully together. A few finally burst
of tar splattered their bodies then everything settled down
once more.
Ranko moaned as pain coursed around her head. When it
passed, she looked up at Ranma. "Don't. do that again," she
told him.
"Believe me, I won't," he answered.
Again they were silent then Ranma gave Ranko a nudge.
"What good does giving in to Anijza do?"
"Well, if you become her consort, then you can go back
and tell Akane not to come after you."
"And that's going to stop her?"
Ranko smirked. "You have not even seen Anijza at her
worst, Ranma Saotome. Akane coming here will put her at
Anijza's mercies. They are like oil and water and I don't
have to describe what harm will befall Akane."
The seriousness in her eyes told Ranma that Ranko meant
what she said. He tried to make more sense out of it,
asking how his alter ego knew so much.
"Believe me, I know," came Ranko's answer.
"But how?"
"It's not important." Ranko averted her eyes, gazing
down at the tar speckled platform. "Heh. At one time she
wasn't like this."
"Who?" asked Ranma.
"Anijza, silly."
"Speaking from facts I assume?"
Ranko's head snapped up. For a moment Ranma thought he
saw anger in her eyes then it faded away, replaced by a
forlorn look of pity. She leaned closer and kissed him
lightly on one cheek.
"It's not important," she said again.
"Yes it is! Ranko-."
She kissed him again. "No it's not," she whispered.
"Don't worry about it. You need to be thinking about Akane
and how to stop her from coming here, okay?"
Ranma paused before finally nodding.
"Good. Now I'm tired. Think I'll take a nap. Hold me
up?"
The weight of Ranko's body pressed against his left
shoulder, her head resting against his. Soon she was fast
asleep snoring lightly leaving Ranma to ponder her proposal.

* * * * *

The trek across the barren wasteland left many scars
and cuts on the eight walking figures traveling towards who
knows where. Topping it all off, the dry air sapped the
moisture from their mouths and now hunger began tugging at
their stomachs. Still, they staggered on surprisingly
exhausted after such a short time.
Akane forced her legs to move, her mind filled with
nothing but thoughts about Ranma. She would go through much
more to find him, and it would be a cold day here before
allowing Anijza to win.
"Akane," Ukyo called from behind in a haggard voice.
She looked a mess, hair askew about her shoulders, a wound
running up her right arm where she had fallen. The rest of
the group looked pretty much the same, all except for Nabiki
still perched high on Tatewaki's shoulders.
"Akane," Ukyo called again. Braving the sharp stones
beneath her feet, Akane stopped, waiting for Ukyo to catch
up with her. The girl slumped tiredly into her arms.
"Ukyo, Ukyo, speak to me," Akane said, patting her
cheek.
"We should go back," said Ukyo.
"What?"
The rest of the group also stopped and stood fitfully
around them.
"Stop?" said Akane. "We can't stop."
"We don't know if we're headed in the right direction,
Akane. Look at us. We're slowly being ground into
hamburger meat."
"Oh don't mention food right now," said Ryoga holding
he stomach. "I'm starving."
Akane noticed the downtrodden expressions on their
faces. "We can't give up, guys! Ranma needs us, don't you
see?"
"Akane, I admire your determination," said Konatsu,
"but this is getting us nowhere."
"We are in Hell though," Tatewaki suddenly said in
Akane's defense. "This is what happens here."
"Good point, Kuno-baby," Nabiki added from her perch.
"Besides, Cologne didn't tell us how to get back on our own
anyway. For that matter she did not tell us how to get back
at all."
"If that wasn't the nail in the coffin!" exclaimed
Mousse, realizing that she was right. "Only you, Nabiki.
Why didn't you say that while the portal was open?"
"All of you decided to press on, remember. I figured
Akane would know how."
"Well I don't, so now we have to endure," said Akane.
"At least let's find someplace to rest and get off
these damn sharp rocks!" Kodachi said.
"There's a rise over there," Nabiki said pointing off
to the left ahead.
Everyone could see the rise she was talking about
pictures of relief from their torturous agony in their
minds. A short trek and they arrived at the base, but what
they encountered only increased their suffering.
"Augh! Slivers! I've got slivers in my hands!" cried
Ukyo as she lay on the rough hewing surface of rock.
"These sides are sharp," Konatsu observed. "Better be
careful when you climb up on them."
"No way am I climbing up on that!" Mousse said.
"Standing on the ground is much better than being sliced
into confetti."
"Shampoo agree with Mousse. No want to be cut
anymore."
Ukyo cried out again pulling another shard of rock from
her hand. "My feet are torn up; my arms are lacerated; now
I've got bits of rocks on my hands and in my ass. I HATE
HELL!"
"It's not supposed to be the Riviera," Nabiki said.
"You can. expect to. be-."
Her gaze turned towards something out of their view.
The sound of drums carried suddenly through the air, beating
together with a rhythm that sounded oddly familiar. They
listened, concentrating on the beat.
"Hey, isn't that the beat Gosunkugi was playing before
we came here?" Ryoga said to them.
Akane looked up at Nabiki finding her sister staring
mesmerized off in the unseen distance. "Nabiki, what is
it?"
From her vantage point atop Tatewaki's shoulders,
Nabiki held a clear view over the rocky rise at the terrain
beyond. She could see a road winding along a narrow valley,
and on that road a procession moved.
"Looks like some kind of parade," she answered. "I
can't really make out many details. They're still a ways
away."
There was no real safe way for Akane to see over the
top. She jumped hoping to catch a glimpse but was
unsuccessful and landed painful back down on the ground.
"Don't hurt yourself anymore than you are now," Ryoga
told her. Taking his queue from Tatewaki, Ryoga linked his
fingers together stooping enough for Akane to place her foot
on them. He hefted her up onto his shoulders and Akane took
a good look at the procession coming their way.
At the head of the procession walked a mass of robed
and hooded figures, each carrying tall staffs with large
globes of flickering yellow-orange flames on top lighting
the way for an immense moving pedestal made out of what
appeared to be black marble. On top of this was a wrought
iron throne that towered high into the air and in it sat a
being Akane could only relate to as the Devil himself.
He was of muscular build, broad shouldered with skin
the color of blood. Sinewy muscles rippled his massive limbs
when he moved, and as they drew closer Akane could make out
more of his facial features. His jaw was square, lips thin
and black. There seemed to be a perpetual grin on this
demons face, and she saw that his white teeth were pointed
and sharp. Burning yellow eyes surveyed the road, thick
dark brows arched high and a pair of black horns grew out to
either side of his forehead. When his head started panning
over in their direction, Akane immediately dropped down off
of Ryoga's shoulders, pulling Nabiki down with her.
"Ow, hey, OW!" her sister cried as she hopped around on
the rocky surface.
"Stop your bitching, Nabiki," said Akane.
"So what Akane see?" asked Shampoo.
"Something big and evil is passing by," she answered.
"It almost saw us."
"That would not be good," said Konatsu.
"Yeah, but I think we need to get into his procession
if we're going to find Ranma."
"Into his. procession?" questioned Ukyo.
"Yes. Don't you guys see? That beat is the same one
Hikaru played for us. I find it more than just a
coincidence, don't you?"
"Okay," said Mousse. "How do we do such a thing?"
Akane thought, unsure how they were going to pull off
such a stunt. The first thing to do was get down to that
road without being detected.
"Kodachi, think you and Konatsu can run ahead and find
a way down into that road?"
"Me? Why Me?" protested Kodachi.
"Because you and he are more agile and smaller that the
rest of us and have a better chance of not being seen."
"I'd like a second opinion on that."
"Will you stop thinking about yourself," Konatsu said,
pulling Kodachi along by an arm.
"But I am a Kuno! Bother! Brother-dear, tell them!"
Tatewaki just grinned. "Do be careful, sister," he
replied.
As they trundled off, Nabiki, now cradled in Tatewaki's
arms, called to her sister. "Akane, that monster on the
chair has to be someone powerful to have so many people
slaving for him."
"Monster? What Monster?" asked Ukyo.
"You'll see here soon," answered Akane. "What does
that matter too us Nabiki?"
"Do you really think we can sneak into his little
pageant without him or any of his sublings noticing?"
"We can try."
Enraged by the lack of faith, Akane braved the sharp
rocky side of the rise and made her way up to the top.
Lying down, Akane peered up over the edge at the passing
procession again. Most of the lead portion had passed, and
she could now see how the pedestal was being moved along. A
mass of unfortunate souls pushed it along, moans of pain and
despair carrying up into the air. As one would fall,
another replaced them from a mass snaking back up the road
shuffling along behind it. The spent soul was pulled aside
by more hooded figures who then cast it beneath the grinding
wheels greasing its many joints and axils.
Akane turned her head away unable to bear the sight of
such misery. Ryoga and Ukyo joined her and surveyed the
columns passing by.
"Damn," growled Ryoga. "I imagined Hell would be
harsh, but this." He shook his head.
"I know one thing. When we get back I'm going to be so
good, by the time I die they're going to be calling me Saint
Ukyo."
Ryoga looked over the procession again. "I have an
idea," he suddenly said to them. "See those hoods?" The
girls nodded. "We need to become them."
"Right, and how do we get to do that?" asked Ukyo.
"By becoming the fodder," he replied.
"And get ground up?"
"No, no, I see what he's getting at," Akane said. "We
join the victims, and when one of those hood-guys gets
close, we waylay'em until everyone is concealed."
Ukyo thought about the plan. "We still have to get
into that crowd unnoticed," she finally said.
"Yeah, but like Akane said, we have to try," answered
Ryoga.
"What about what's in those hoods and robes? Can we
take them?"
Ryoga could only shrug.
"Let's run with it," said Akane. "Hopefully, Kodachi
and Konatsu have found a way down for us."
The three gave the procession one last look and then
made their way back down to inform the others of their plan.

* * * * *

In Anijza's palace, the distant sounds of drums set the
fortress alive with activity. Her staff and servants
immediately knew that the neigh hour had finally arrived,
scampering around to prepare for the arrival of the Master
and feast to follow.
As for Anijza, she strode through the halls, issuing
last minute orders, pressing everyone to hurry up. Things
must be perfect for tonight she would have a new consort,
and maybe even a lasting partner if things turned out well.
She left pleased by the progress, returning to her
chambers to prepare for the ritual and meeting with her
Master. As she entered, Anijza threw off her red cloak and
stopped, spreading her arms wide to allow suddenly appearing
attendants to rush out carry her garments and jewelry.
"Tonight, Ranma, tonight, you become mine!" she said as
they worked, "I will take you, I will make you feel the
warmth of my love, my desires so long aching for your
touch!"
A dark look crossed her face and she broke from amidst
her servants, striding half-naked out onto the balcony. Her
shoulders heaved with anticipation; fingers gripped the
stone railing, fingernails grating its rough surface.
"And then, Ranma Saotome, I will drive Akane Tendo from
your mind. permanently."
Anijza tipped her head back letting out a laugh that
carried high into the dark grey skies.

* * * * *

A narrow gap was found by Konatsu, close enough to the
road that several of the hooded figures herding the lost
souls along were pulled in and overpowered by the nine
members of the rescue team. With all of them now fully
clothed, it was decided that the best way to avoid capture
was to split up and blend in as best they could.
The robe Akane wore was heavy and reeked something
fierce to the point of choking, but she pressed on following
the procession as it moved on down the road. She kept her
head low, avoiding any direct contact with other hoods,
occasionally cracking the whip in her hand harmlessly above
the heads of the wailing people. Suddenly, one of the
overseers carrying a large torch turned and made its way
back towards her. She tensed trying not to appear nervous,
but the hooded figure stopped directly in her path. Akane
swallowed nervously, and then the hood held out the torch
with one hand, extending his other gesturing for the whip.
Ah, a trade, she thought. Without a word she took the
torch, turning the whip over. The hooded figure moved on
and she continued walking, not sure why or what that was
for. Maybe it was time to rotate, she mused hurrying to
fill its spot.
Meanwhile, Mousse too had graduated to torch bearing
status, walking along on the other side of the moving
pedestal. He chanced a curious look up at the being
towering above, and paused. The smile on its face seemed to
have grown broader and it stopped looking around now staring
straight ahead. This was not feeling right, and then a hand
pulled on the sleeve of his left arm.
"Mousse," whispered a voice from another hooded person
walking next to him. He recognized it immediately as
Ukyo's.
"Ukyo, don't do that," he whispered to her.
"Sorry. Hey, we seemed to be picking up our pace."
"Yeah I noticed too. We must be getting close to our
destination."
"Good. Seen any of the others?"
"No. Say Ukyo, I'm not liking this at all."
"Tell me about it. This robe I'm in had something wet
and very sticky in it. I'm too afraid to stop and see what
it is."
"That's not what I'm talking about. This was too
easy."
"What was too easy?"
"All of this! We overpower a bunch of creeps who are
caretakers of Hell, slip into this gruesome parade without
alerting their friends? Something is wrong, and I think
we're going to be on the receiving end of whatever comes
next."
"Will you stop worrying?" Ukyo's head rose up scanning
the road ahead. "Uh-oh, looks like we've arrived," she
said. "I better drop back to my spot before I'm missed.
See'ya inside."
She disappeared as Mousse looked on down the road. An
immense fortress lay on the horizon amidst some kind of
reeking marshland. Hopefully, somewhere inside was Ranma,
and hopefully they would be able to rescue him and escape
without any trouble.
"We're in Hell. right," he muttered to himself. "We'll
be lucky we aren't flailed alive."

* * * * *

Up in one of the battlements, Anijza and Kendral watch
the procession of her master near the fortress. She could
barely hide her excitement, the energy literally crackling
about her body. Anijza was ready for the final ceremony
that would give her Ranma's soul, and fulfill the debt she
must pay.
In a short smoky-gray sheer toga, Anijza's resplendent
body drew the lust into to Kendral's chest. The spiked high-
heeled sandals she wore accented her long supple legs; a
wide belt of jointed bone tight around her waist enhanced
the curves of her body. Anijza's hair was pulled back and
tied into a long ponytail wrapped crisscrossed by black
cords made from reptilian skin, jeweled blades hanging from
the ends. She was the perfect image of beauty, rare an
event in Hell, and now she was about to be wed to another
unlucky soul much to Kendral's ire.
"Anijza," he said, "Shall I have the gates opened?"
"Open them wide, Kendral," she replied, "throw all of
the doors leading to the throne room wide and allow the
Master no delay in his arrival."
Anijza leaned out across one of the stone blocks
letting out a seductive purr. She felt Kendral's eyes
burning along her body, sensed his frustration enjoying how
she tormented him. Stretching further, Anijza cut her eyes
back at him.
"Yes, Kendral, you may hunger for my body as is your
right," she said to him. Kendral stood immobile, unable to
speak. She chuckled, pulling herself up and turned to face
him.
"Tonight, I will satisfy my yearnings with my new
consort, there is no need to fear."
"I do not fear that, milady," replied Kendral.
Anijza arched a brow at his comment. Drawing a sly
smile she walked up to him running her eyes up and down
before speaking.
"Don't think I have not figured out who it was that
sent that lone guard down to Ranma's cell, my dear sweet,
pitiful past love."
Kendral started, knowing that his attempt to disrupt
Anijza's plan had been discovered.
"Don't worry, though," continued Anijza, "I have not
decided your fate, yet. However; since it turned out for
the better, I might just forget you ever tried such a
thing."
Kendral dropped to one knee. "Forgive my impertinence,
milady. I was-."
"Jealous? Yes, Kendral, I understand your feelings."
She regarded him then turned heading for the steps leading
down into the fortress. "Come! We must go and greet the
Master."

* * * * *

Entering the throne room, Anijza went directly over to
where Ranma and Ranko had been positioned. They were
chained spread eagle side by side on racks mounted against
the wall, displayed like crown jewels for all to see.
Anijza stood admiring Ranma, now clad in a silken white
shirt and black pants; Ranko wrapped in a tight green tunic
from her chest to her thighs, both cleaned up and ready for
the grand appearance of her master.
She clasped her hands together. "Ranma, the Master is
here!"
"So?" replied Ranma with an angry scowl.
"So now we will be together forever. Are you not
excited?"
"Are you kidding? I'm still tied up, I'm still being
held against my will, and you expect me to be excited about
spending eternity decaying into a walking zombie?"
He could see Anijza's shoulders slump down. "Well. it
will be of a longer duration, Ranma-darling." She reached
out placing a hand on his leg. "Oh but we will have great
fun together during that time, my love!"
"Forget it, Anijza. There is only one woman I wish to
be with."
Fury lit Anijza's eyes, her fingers starting to morph
slowly into talons. They stopped and she turned away.
"I must not allow that. `Toad'. to ruin my day," said
Anijza. "You will forget her, Ranma. I promise."
She left them taking her place at the foot of the steps
of the dais to await the arrival of her master.
Soon the sounds of drumming echoed down the corridor,
and then in the distance torch lights could be seen come
down the long passageway. Anijza and her followers went to
their knees as the massive pedestal carrying the demonic
being finally entered. Ranma and Ranko drew in breaths
stunned and awed by his appearance. The drumming filled the
throne room, his hooded minions filling in around the sides
as the pedestal stopped short of where Anijza bowed low.
In amidst the demon's entourage, Akane followed the
line of torchbearers as they assembled. They stopped and
Akane dared to take a look around. She could not get a
clear view, but then barely above them on the far wall hung
Ranma and much to her surprise, Ranko.
Ranma, she whispered. Nervously Akane bit on her
bottom lip, wanting to drop this torch and rush to his aid.
She knew that would be foolish, but in their current
situation might call for such a drastic measure.
The demon's escorts finished assembling and stood in
silence as their lord sat gazing down upon Anijza.
"Little One," he said in a deep voice. "It is so good
to see you again."
"I am honored by your presence, Master," replied
Anijza. Hearing Anijza's voice made Akane sneer with
contempt, barely able to hold herself back.
The demon stood up from his throne stepping down onto
the floor. The crack of a whip and teams of souls strained
to heave the platform of the throne up, carrying it step by
painful step up onto the dais. The demon stared down at
Anijza then said, "You may rise, my faithful one."
She stood up beaming with joy, ready for the ceremony
to begin. "Master, you will be pleased with what I have to
offer you," she said.
In the crowd, Tatewaki, Konatsu, and Ukyo stood in the
foremost ranks, glaring at Anijza.
"Do we strike now?" whispered Tatewaki.
"Not yet," replied Konatsu.
"We'd be lucky to get near her before getting jumped,"
added Ukyo. Taking a look around, she spied Mousse and
Shampoo at the other end, Ryoga and Kodachi not far from
where Ranko hung, but no sign of Akane or Nabiki.
"Is that the pig-tailed girl I see there?" said
Tatewaki.
"Looks like it," she answered.
"That bitch. She kidnapped one of my beloveds as well!
She will rue this day she dared to cross `Blue Thunder'."
"Rein it in, Kuno," Ukyo said. "Let's let Akane make
the first move and go from there."
In the meantime, Anijza escorted her master over to
Ranma. He stood looking him over letting out several hums
and nodding slightly.
"Yes, Yes, Anijza. A fine offering you have provided
for me."
"He will be the finest of my consorts, Master."
"I believe that to be true." The demon looked over at
Ranko, and she let out a shrill scream turning her head
away. He reached out taking Ranko firmly by her chin and
turned her head back towards him.
"And what is this?" asked the demon.
Anijza timidly gazed down at the floor. "She is. she
is a special offering I would like to give for a favor,
Master."
"Oh? You wish to take out a second mortgage is that
it?"
He laughed, a response Anijza found rather odd.
Stepping back, the demon gave the two prisoners one
last look then strode up the steps and flopped back down
into his throne. As the cries and wails of crushed souls
subsided, the demon sat back and gazed out across the crowd.
"Anijza, you have done very well," he said.
"Yes, Master, and I am ready to-."
The demon held up a hand cutting her off. "Are you
telling me everything about this, Anijza?"
Anijza looked perplexed unsure as to what her master
was referring to. "I do not understand, Master."
"There have been no, complications? No, uhm, no wrong
doing on your part, hm?"
"I had a few difficulties acquiring Ranma, but I
overcame them like I have said." Anijza took a few steps
closer to the dais. "Master, are you displeased with me?"
"By all means no, my little one. However; you still
have a few problems to address."
That did not sound good, thought Nabiki standing square
in the middle of the gathered entourage.
Confusion covered Anijza's face. "Problems, Master. I-
I-I do not know what you mean?"
"Well, for starters the intruders who have insinuated
themselves into my procession."
"He know about us!" exclaimed Shampoo.
"Knew this was too easy, I knew it!" added Mousse.
Anijza spun looking frantically around at the crowd.
"Where! Guards! Where are these intruders?"
The demon laughed. "No need to panic, Anijza. Allow
me."
With a snap of his fingers, the rescue party was
suddenly stripped of their garments. Akane dropped to her
knees dazed by the action and when she looked up she found
herself staring at an encroaching ring of hooded figures.
"Ryoga, Kodachi?" said Ranma, shocked at his two
friends appearance below.
"Hey, Ranma," said Ryoga, "came to rescue you, but it
doesn't look like that's going to happen now."
Kodachi turned. "Gaze upon me, Ranma!" she cried,
baring herself for him to see.
"Ah, I've been blinded!" joked Ranko.
There was no humor in Anijza as she stood staring
aghast at Ukyo, Konatsu and Tatewaki. "You!" she seethed,
pointing a finger at them.
"Guess this means its time for action?" said Konatsu to
Ukyo.
"You bet. Let's get her!"
They barely began to move when another snap of the
fingers made them all disappear for a second, reappearing
moments later in a translucent high above the crowd. It was
confining and they squirmed struggling to break out of their
new prison.
"Hey, get this big foot out of my face!"
"Whoever's hand that is down there better stop wiggling
those fingers!"
"Augh! I never thought I'd be saying this to you,
Shampoo, but could you get this big tit of yours out of my
eye!"
As the globe was lowered, Ranma watched helplessly as
his friends fought to break out. "See!" Ranko said to him,
"I told you she'd come!"
Anijza stood staring at the one person she hoped never
to see again. Akane lay pressed up against the side of the
globe unable to move an inch. Her eyes panned over at
Anijza and they glared hotly at one another.
"Akane!" Anijza said, boiling with rage. She balled
her fist and stalked towards the globe. "You little TOAD!
You dare come into my realms?" One of Anijza's fists burst
into flames and she held it up high. "This time I will kill
you!"
Akane stared in mute horror as the demonic girl moved
closer.