[Ranma][FanFic] A New Technique

1 view

Bjorn Christianson

May 29, 2001, 9:35:51 AM5/29/01
A New Technique

a Ranma 1/2 Spamfic by Bjorn Christianson (bj...@etho.caltech.edu)

Ranma 1/2 copyright 1987, 1999 by Takahashi Rumiko.
Publishing rights by Shogakukan Inc. (Japan) and Viz
Inc. (North America) This work is not intended to infringe
those rights, and is done without knowledge or consent of
the rights holders.

Comments and criticism can be sent to bj...@etho.caltech.edu
and will be greatly appreciated. You can find copies of all
my stories at http://www.its.caltech.edu/~bjorn/fanfic.

Author's Notes at the end, if you make it that far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pretty impressive, Ranma," Nabiki commented as she glanced
at Akane's body on the dojo floor, head twisted at an
impossible angle. "How'd you do it?"

Ranma gave her a look. "Um... I reached out, grabbed her
chin and the base of her skull, and...."

"Funny, Ranma, funny," she interrupted. "No, really, how
did you do it? Stunt dummies? Sleight of hand? Pressure
points? What?"

The look intensified. "I broke her neck. What part of this
are ya having problems with?"

Nabiki sighed, caught his eyes, and then froze. "You're not
kidding, are you?"

"Nope."

"It's not a trick. You actually killed Akane."

"Well, I hope so. Breakin' the neck usually does that."

"Why?"

"Well, she'll get better, right?"

"WHAT?!"

Ranma was starting to get upset. "Hey, she died at
Jusendo!"

"AND?!"

"She got better!" Ranma scratched his head a bit
uncertainly. "I thought it was, you know, a new technique."

Past outraged and well into shock, Nabiki was only two
blocks from catatonia. "A new technique."

"Yeah."

"A new martial arts technique."

"Well, it sure ain't a cooking technique. Heh."

"As in, Anything Goes Martial Arts Rising from the Grave?"

Ranma shot a look at the corpse, and then stared at Nabiki.
"Ya think that's it?" He pondered. "Nah. Didn't have to
bury her after Saffron."

Nabiki blinked. "It's a figure of speech, Saotome. What
are you going to do if she stays dead?"

"Soak her with cold water, put my shirt on her." Ranma
shrugged. "If I hafta, I guess I'll..." he ground his toe
into the floor embarrassedly, "hold her and call her name or
something. Don't really know what the key is."

"You don't know the key? Didn't you think to ask?"

"Feh. As if that stupid tomboy would tell me anything."

This is too weird for words, Nabiki thought. Weren't you
supposed to pass out after trauma like this? Holding stupid
conversations wasn't in any of the books she'd read. "And
if that doesn't work?"

"Get my momma to kill me, probably." Ranma leveled a steady
look at Nabiki. "I'm Ranma Saotome of the Saotome School of
Anything Goes. I can learn *any* technique. If the tomboy
won't teach me, I'll just hafta figure it out myself."

Slowly, a grin crept onto Nabiki's face. "You know,
Saotome, that sounds like a *fine* idea."

~~~The End~~~

-- Author's Notes --

Usually, when a scene pops into my mind, I file it away for
use in something I'm currently writing, or try and build a
story around it. Somehow, I don't see that happening with
this one.

It got into my head. I had to let it out. Now I'm going to
forget about it.
--
bj...@etho.caltech.edu http://www.its.caltech.edu/~bjorn
Computation & Neural Systems, Caltech 216-76, Pasadena CA 91125