[Ranma][FanFic] Unfolding Destiny: Epilogue. .(1 & 2)

Richard Marshall

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99

This is a fanfic that can be seen at

Original:
http://www.macol.net/~marshall/

mirror site:
http://members.aol.com/mythosex/

Ranma is owned by Vis Communications, Rumiko Takahashi,
and other subsidiaries.
C&C Is welcomed.
knigh...@aol.com
-------------------------

Unfolding Destiny

Epilogue. . . .

By Richard Marshall (DK)

Epilogue 1:
Coming of Age

Ranma looked down at himself. This was something he
never would have thought would happen. The black tux fit
him snugly. He trembled with a touch of fear. It was
certainly going to be hard. All his concentration was on the
next few hours. His mind went back to the memories.

= = = = = =

Ranma sat on top of the roof, at his side Akane smiled
to him. Their trip through mirrors was about a month
behind them. It was rather peaceful. Shampoo stayed at the
Tendo's nine out of ten days. This was quiet time for
Ranma. He gently slipped his arm around Akane's
shoulders.

Akane tensed up and slowly relaxed. It had taken her
most of the month to stop her self from malleting him for
such gestures, but after the kiss, it seemed the right thing to
do.

That First kiss, it was nothing more than a peck of the
lips. To her it seemed more than just a kiss. A start for a
new relationship. Ranma had sacrificed himself to help his
friends and then he kissed her. Akane smiled softly.

They sat looking to the stars. It was a beautiful night,
each star shown brightly. With a smile on Ranma's face the
night sky drifted through the heavens. They had glimpses
of what might have happened differently. If things had
changed. But one thing was clear, that the attraction they
felt was a part of them. A part of their future.

= = = = = =

Nabiki sat in the seat near the front of the Dojo. Her
attire was a pinkish dress that flowed about her features.
She had a smile on her face. No one else was around. She
picked up a small locket from her breast. Golden circle. She
smiled a bit wider in remembrance.

= = = = = =

Nabiki walked from to the small park near her home. It
was a nice place to relax. With the fresh smell of leaves she
sat at a familiar bench and looked to her watch. It was
noon. Close to noon. She was early by about five minutes.
She sighed softly. She always felt that if she ever was late
she'd miss something. This made her chide to herself.

"Nabiki. . .!" A cry from behind her caused her to turn.
She smiled at the figure racing to her.

A few seconds later the figure huffed out a sigh of
exertion and sat next to Nabiki. "You know, you didn't
need to run so fast, Ukyo."

"I know, but I knew you'd be early, here." The chef
placed a still warm box on Nabiki's lap.

Nabiki smiled and opened the box slowly. "A special
okinomiyaky? For me?"

"Yup, now dig in , sugar!"

Nabiki obliged be taking the offered chopsticks and
began to place chunks of the Japanese pizza into her mouth.
She diluged herself a bit and smiled to Ukyo who got up.

Ukyo seeing the raised eyebrow of Nabiki's amiled
and tapped the largercontainer from which the okinomiyaki
came from "I have some drinks."

Nabiki nodded and continued eating. After a few
moments she felt the other girl wrap her arms around her
neck gently. Nabiki froze alittle. They rarely showed
effection in public and it seemed a brave move in the park.
Ukyo gently kisses under Nabiki's ear and smiled.

Nabiki felt something fall into her chest and looked. It
was a gold locket. Nabiki nearly dropped her lunch as she
placed it on her lap. "Ukyo!"

The Chef smiled and slipped onto the bench next to the
Tendo. "So I take it you like it?"

Nabiki smiled, leaned over and kissed Ukyo tenderly
before examining the locket. She gently opened it up and
smiled. It was a picture of them in the park, taken by a
weird but likable girl that thought she was a robot. "I do
like it Ukyo-chan.."

= = = = = =

Shampoo smiled to herself in the mirror. It had been a
wile since she relaxed. The Nekohanten was busy and even
with Perfume's help she still had a lot of bikeriding to do.
She fidgeted in the dress she was wearing. <This thing
itches.> Shampoo looked to the dress and all its frills.

<I have ni idea why westerners wear this stuff.>
Shampoo picked at the edges. <It's going to get hot in this
thing.> She inspected the dress once more. With a
"Humph!" She placed a stray lock of hair back into its
place behind her ear and left the small room. With this free
time she let her mind drift.

= = = = = =

Cologne picked up her staff and headed to the door.
Her face grim and set. With a sigh she turned to the purple
haired amazon and looked her in the eye. "I must be going."

"Yes great-grand-mother." Shampoo cast her eyes
down.

"You understand I need to get back to Joketsuzoku."
Cologne spoke gently and Shampoo nodded. "You can
come back to me, they will understand."

"No, great-grand-mother, Shampoo stay. . ."

With another more morose sigh the elder looked to the
back of the nekohanten. "I take it Mousse and Perfume are
going to stay as well?"

Shampoo nodded "They make friends, no want to leave
them."

The elder nodded "Very well." She turned. "Good by
Shampoo. . ."

<Goodbye.>

The elder left the girl standing there, emotions were
treaded through like mud. Most of all, the knowledge of
their meetings being slim to none, made this passing very
difficult for the both of them.

= = = = = =

Akane smiled again. It was hard to get the right one for
this occasion all of them felt fake. She sighed at the
inevidable and pulled at her dress. ~I certainly hope this
thing's easier to take off than to put on.~ Akane huffed into
the air.

She looked out the window and saw the brilliant blue
sky. ~It's a beautiful day.~ She softly let the mood of the
day wash over her. ~A moment of peace, I wonder if that
will happen again.~

She waves her arms in a shrug and giggled to herself.
~It was a good day.~ She told herself. She looked to
herself in the mirror and a memory filled her mind.

= = = = = =

Akane looked to the boy across the table. Ranma had
been mostly kind this evening. Like he was trying to stay
on her good side. Akane smiled to him. It had been their
parents idea to place them on a date.

Even with the protests they had to admit it was turning
out to be nice. Those around them amiled at their
awkwardness and the blatent fact that they seemed to like
the company they shared.

The waitress came and they ordered quietly. The
nervousness of the table was not lost on the server and she
let them alone. The meal went without much fuss. The
winding down of forgotten patterns of insults. They even
held each other's hand from across the table. They both
smiled to each other. It was a good night.

= = = = = =

A knock came at the door. Ranma looked up from the
floor "Yeah?"

A grunt as Genma opened the door made Ranma stand.
"It's time boy."

Ranma stammerd "Uh. Uh. Yeah." Wit ha deep sigh he
let Genma drag him into the hall way and down the stairs.
Their trip into the dojo was a shock to Ranma. It was
decorated to give a church feel and they obviously did a
very good job of it.

Ranma was pshed onto the raised platform where the
alter and the priest stood. A small white cloth was draped
over the alter to give it a glowing effect from the light. It
worked.

He trembled with nervousness. This was one of those
moments where all your training seems meaningless in the
face of standing in one place when the whole world
watches over you. His eyes scanned the room. It was filled
with Familiar faces. Ukyo was sitting near the front along
side Mr. and Mrs Soatome. Mousse was fixing his glasses
near the rear of the hall, and good old Hopposai sat stock
still near one of the exits.

With a smirk Ranma nodded to his friends Hiroshi and
Daisuke. They gave a quiet cheer. As for Perfume. She
tallied in as the music began. ~The music. . .~ Ranma froze
looking to the closed doors opposite of him.

His face pinkened as the doors opened and Nabiki
stepped forward. She was a lovely sight. The dress seemed
to fit her nicely. She marched with the "Left together right
together" routine and smiled to Ranma as she stood off to
the side. After her, Kasumi smiled to Ranma and tossed the
last of the flower pedals onto the floor before turning to her
place.

~This was it.~ He thought as the organ music piped a
notch higher than before, filling the hall. In came in
Shampoo, in her soft white dress and a smile plastered to
her face. Ranma smiled fully at this.

Shampoo marched alone to the middle of the isle and
turned to the double door and with a flourish bowed as
Akane stepped through with her Father. Ranma gasped in
astonishment. Akane was glowing in her white gown of
satin and silk. It was similar to Shampoos but the added
vail and train glamoured the dress with a halo effect that
eminated from the wearer.

As the two were met in the middle by Shampoo, she
turned and faced Ranma once more. Her smile never
wavering as she stepped to him then to the side, opposite to
Ryoga and between Akane and Kasumi.

Akane smiled to Ranma from underneath the sheer veil
and stepped onto the platform. Her hand instictively held
his in a soft embrace of the fingers. Soun sat in a nearby
chair and smiled a joyous smile bursting at the seems to
tears.

The preist cleared his throat and smiled to the others.
In the room as the room became pindrop quiet. "Dearly
beloved, we are gathers on this joyous occasion to bring
these two in a heavenly alliance."

The room listened in on the proceedings although
Ranma was not hearing every thing that was said, he got
the jist of it. "With a heaven's light, we entrust these two
with each other.. May we have the rings?"

Ryoga fumbled a bit pulling out the oblong box from
his pocket, openeing it and handed it to the preist. The
preist took the box and set it before the couple. "May the
groom take her ring."

With shaken fingers Ranma nodded and pulled her
ring, gold with bits of diamonds on the crest with the
etchings of a dragon and a pheonix curving around the
sides, from the box. With an exhilerated and hopeful look
he smiled to Akane.

"Do you, Akane tendo, take this man, Ranma Soatome,
to be your life partner, to have and to hold, in dire and
hope, until the parting of souls?"

Akane brimmed with thought and nodded with a soft
voice "I do."

"Place the ring on her finger and repeat after me." The
preist spoke to Ranma with an assuring voice. Ranma
nodded and looked into Akane's eyes through the veil.
"With this ring, my life is now apart of yours. I will love
and cherish you until the end of time."

Ranma spoke the words, his eyes never wavering from
Akane's.

"May the bride take his ring."

Akane jumped slightly at the attention and slipped the
ring from its place, similar to hers but with rubies instead of
diamonds.

"Do you, Ranma Soatome, take this woman, Akane
Tendo, to be your life partner, to have and to hold, in dire
and hop, until the parting of souls?"

"I do." Ranma's answer came confidently.

"Place the ring on his finger and repeat after me. . ."

Akane smiled as she spoke "With this ring, my life is
now apart of yours. I will love and cherish you until the end
of time." It seemed to lift something deep within her and
fill a voide she thought she never had.

"On this unition of hearts, is there anyone who wishes
to speak on why these two are not meant to be? If not,
silence is the answer."

Ranma and Akane waited for the show to drop. If
anything was going to happen it just got an invitaion. The
hush over the room blanketed the answer to them. They
smiled and looked to the priest.

"With the voice of the gods, I pronounce you united by
heart and soul." The preist smiled "You may kiss the
bride."

With a flurish Ranma lifted the veil and kissed Akane,
this lasted for quite some time.

= = = = = =

Epilogue 2 :

Section 1 : Kids

In the park a little girl ran through the kids. Her hair
swept back in a ponytail and her speed uncanny for a five-
year-old. She smiled to the others in a friendly way and
climbed the jungle gym. Her hands kept her balance.

Near by a couple sat on a bench. They smile as they
watch the little girl play with the others.

"Kyoko!" The mother stood and called. The girl
peeked over with a glint of sadness and ran across as the
mother continued ", Time fore dinner!" The little girl
hugged her legs and her father picked her up with a huff.

"You're getting big like your mother!" He said with a
teasing trail.

"Honestly, Ranma." The mother chided.

Ranma chuckled "Oh Akane, glad you haven't
changed." Ranma hefted the blue haired girl to the other
arm as he hugged Akane with the other.

"We'll be late if we don't hurry."

"Better not let that happen." Ranma smirked as the
family left the park. "We might not get anything to eat."

= = = = = =

They reached the door to the medium sized house in the
suburb area of Tokyo. The placard spelled out "Soatome."
Next to the edge of the torey. Ranma knocked with his free
hand and set Kyoko down.

Opening the door Nodoka brightened "Ranma! How
good to see you and your family make it. The others are in
the living room." The cheerful attitude was left
unchallenged as they were led to the room where the bustle
of people could be heard.

"Oh contraire, I think you took my piece, Soatome." A
voice lifted above the others as they.

"That's no way to treat the host, Mousse." Soun piped
in.

"Hello everyone!" Ranma opened the sliding door and
looked to his friends and Family.

Nabiki walked up and hugged Akane then Ranma.
"Gods it's been too long you guys."

Kyoko pulled in Ranma's pant leg "Can I go play
outside?"

"Yes, Kyoko, go play with your cousins."

With a giggle Kyoko sped out the door and into the
back yard. Where she met the other kids.

= = = = = =

Kyoko stopped when she reached the grass. She waved to Ukyo, who
was sitting on the porch edge. Then with a turn she called out "I'm
HERE!" and ran out into the yard.

A small gathering of children most of them similar
ages with the youngest and the oldest being a couple years
apart. A small boy in glasses, the youngest, came into view.
"Hi Kyoko, wanna play with us?"

"I dunno, Ruishu." Kyoko smiled "What are you
playing?"

The child smiled. "Right now tag. Maybe we'll have a
martial arts match if our parents let us." The son of Mousse
certainly got his eyes and his kindness.

A shorthaired girl stood next to Ruishu. "Hi cousin. So you
gonna play?"

With a burst of laughter Kyoko tagged the girl "Of
course, Rei!" She turned and dashed off with the others.

The girl smiled delightfully showing off cute little
fangs as she ran. "I'm gonna get you!"

As the three girls and two boys ran by Ukyo looked up
to see Ryoga sit next to her. "How's it going?"

"Fine as it can be." Ukyo smiled.

"I hear that Kimiko has a nice voice." Ryoga watched
as one kid tag another.

Ukyo laughed, "Yeah I think she got that from
Nabiki."

The next few moments were quiet for once and they
looked to the kids. "Kasumi and Tofu have certainly done a
good job with Kazuyo." Ryoga smiled "Not that they
wouldn't."

"Yeah with Kasumi as a mother how could it go
wrong?"

They both laughed out loud as the tide of tag was
shifted to the other side of the lawn. The small gathering of
children cheered as the night sky brought forth the stars.
With a slump they laid in the grass, childishly drawing
pictures in the jeweled night.

= = = = = =

Back in the family room Ranma and Genma sit and
talk about kids and the hassles of training, while Akane and
her sisters compare notes. Another knock came at the door.
"That must be shampoo, I'll get it." Ranma stood up and
walked to the front door.

He smiled as he opened the door. As expected
Shampoo smiled and hugged Ranma at first sight. "Nihao
Ranma! Everyone here?"

"Yup, everyone's in the family room, but Ukyo and
Ryoga. The kids are in the back if you want to let Takeru
out of your hair for a while. Ukyo and Ryoga are looking
after them."

Shampoo laughed and gave Ranma a small kiss before
walking down the hallway. "Thank you Ranma."

Ranma shook his head and looked to the tugging of his
pant leg. "Hi Takeru." Ranma smiled and the little brown
haired boy looked up, a pigtail signifying the relationship.

"Hiya." The boy piped as Ranma hefted him up.

"You're getting *big*." They went into the living
room.

= = = = = =

As the family gathered on the porch Mousse fiddled
with a camera. "Hey Mousse need any help?" Ranma called
out putting Kyoko onto the ground.

"Well Soatome, I could use a little help with the
booklet." Mousse looked to the boy as he stepped up to
him.

With a booklet tossed to him he looked at the camera
as he thumbed through the booklet. Mousse continued to
fiddle. "Find it yet?"

"Gimme a minute."

From their place most of the kids were in front, all but
Takeru semi hiding behind Shampoo. The Main group of
the family stood behind the kids with their respective kids
in front of them.

"Got it!" Mousse smiled and timed the timer. "We
have a minute, Get into place everyone." Ranma and
Mousse hurried to their place and smiled to their kids and
then smiled to the camera as it flashed."

= = = = = =

In an album the picture is placed. The ones in the
picture looking like life long friends. From left to right it
was: Ukyo, Nabiki with Kimiko, and a short dark haired
girl with a bright smile and brown eyes, between them.
Shampoo with Takeru, Brownish hair and bluish eyes and
bares a resemblance to Ranma, peering from her leg.
Ranma and Akane with Kyoko, a blue haired girl with
Ranma's pride showing through her gray/blue eyes,
standing proudly. Genma, Nodoka , and Soun stood in a
triangle. Kasumi and Tofu with Kazuyo, a brown haired
boy with a gently smile and warm brown eyes. With
Ruishu, a longhaired boy with green eyes peering through
glasses, stands Mousse and his Amazon wife. Ryoga and
Perfume stand with Rei, with a grandiose smile her Hibiki
fangs glint the light with her aqua hair and hazel eyes
showing her delight.

= = = = = =

Section two:
Ten years later. . .

Takeru ran after Kyoko. Their faces with smiles as
they tread along the mountain path. "Hey Kyoko. Where do
you think your going?" Takeru called out, his resemblance
to Ranma was unmistakable now.

"Oh just over here! I found this neat cave!" Kyoko
called back. Her blue hair flew behind her.

With a few breaths of heaving lungs the two stopped
and rested at the mouth of the cave. Kyoko smiled and
walked further into the cave. "See? Isn't it neat?"

Takeru smirked a bit and walked around the cave, it
led off deeper into the mountain. "Yeah.." His eyes darted
to the ground near a rock "What's this?"

"I dunno"

Takeru leaned down and picked it up. "Looks like a
package."

Kyoko stood next to Takeru, "Open it up and lets see
what it is!" She took the package and unfolded the paper
wrappings and smiled "Hey it's a mirror!"

Takeru eyed the small hand mirror and smiled "Looks
real old."

"Yeah, must be ancient!" Kyoko smiled and glinted a
ray of light into Takeru's eyes.

"Ow hey!" His hand swiped at the mirror knocking it
from her hand.

"Becareful!" Kyoko lunged for it but it was too late,
the mirror bounced off the rock floor splintering it into
many pieces. "Ah!"

The room was bathed in light as their sight was marred.
A small piece of mirror spun slightly as it found its mark
back on the mirror, the visages of the two teens fading into
the mirror. . .

A man dressed in all white steps into the cave. His eyes
scanned the immediate area and look to the mirror. His
hand reached down and picked it up. "I wonder if this is
what caused the time irregularity." He slowly and carefully
examined it. "I think so. . ."

= = = = = =

Ranma walked into the dojo. He stretched and
loosened up before taking a stance in the middle of the
floor. He shook his head. ~Whoa..~ His eyes squinted as
waves of chi floated through the dojo. "What the-"

He was thrown back as a concussion wave burst from the
far side of the dojo. "Ranma!" A female voice chorused
with a male's.

"Kyoko? Takeru?"

The two looked at each other, they had fallen
awkwardly as if they were each holding something with
both their hands. "Uh. . ." Takeru stood noticing his
predicament. ~That was *weird*.~

The End. .