Sonic theme again

Ron Bauerle

Nov 20, 1993, 11:02:00 PM11/20/93
Well, I had a chance to watch two Sonics back-to-back today, and I
think the reason it sounds "minor" lately is because they slowed it
down. The first one was "Sonic Boom" (I think) - the second show
aired, and I thought the theme sounded fast. Then the second one came
on ("Sub-Sonic") and it sounded "normal" again, but this time I _did_
notice the minor effect. I like it better that way.

Whine mode _on_: These stories are really going downhill. Where did
all the light come from in that underground world? And sorry, but I
can't believe in any magic fertilizer water that makes trees grow
instantly.

I'd rather have seen a continuing story than all of these disjointed
lame ones. E.g., are we ever going to find out what happened to
Sally's father? Probably not, with only three more to go.

RDB

Brad Clark

Nov 23, 1993, 11:49:54 AM11/23/93
>Well, I had a chance to watch two Sonics back-to-back today, and I

You get sonic twice in a row?! What station/network are you getting it on.
I know here, ABC (KOMO) Seattle is really making a mess of things. It wasn't
even on at all this weekend. (Luckily I found another station carrying it!)

>I'd rather have seen a continuing story than all of these disjointed
>lame ones. E.g., are we ever going to find out what happened to
>Sally's father? Probably not, with only three more to go.

So do I. It would have been nice if DIC could have done it in the style of
Teddy Ruxpin. (long story with many episodes!) But I guess we can't have
everything. I just hope they decide to make more episodes.

On a note about Sally...I also wish we could find out more about where Tails
came from. Does he have any parents? Do ANY of these characters have
parents? Perhaps that is why thye have all joined forces? We may never
know.

I l/*/l my elalator...not your elalator...my elalator -plucky I
I (O O) This message brought to you by brad...@outb.wimsey.bc.ca I
I (" + ") === Brad D. Clark === I
I \/-\/ Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada I

Ron Bauerle

Nov 24, 1993, 9:00:06 AM11/24/93
In article 0h...@outb.wimsey.bc.ca, brad...@outb.wimsey.bc.ca (Brad Clark) writes:
>>Well, I had a chance to watch two Sonics back-to-back today, and I
>
>You get sonic twice in a row?! What station/network are you getting it on.

The local (Erie, PA) ABC station.

>I know here, ABC (KOMO) Seattle is really making a mess of things. It wasn't
>even on at all this weekend. (Luckily I found another station carrying it!)

Interesting - I thought all of this was being done at the network
level, not the local level, but maybe not. I sure would like to know
the exact mechanism for broadcasting shows - does the network beam the
show live to the local station who just relays it, or does the local
station get the shows on tape ahead of time and broadcast them at their
whim? The different Sonic situations last weekend imply the latter.
Hmmm.

>On a note about Sally...I also wish we could find out more about where Tails
>came from. Does he have any parents? Do ANY of these characters have
>parents? Perhaps that is why thye have all joined forces? We may never
>know.

That's all we need - a repeat of the "where are the parents?" thread
that raged on rec.arts.disney for the last couple of weeks :^) This
also raises the question of how old the characters are (oh no! shades
of the Tiny Toon ages thread!). I suppose if I wanted to be _really_
snide, I'd say we haven't seen enough character development to be able
to get a handle on this... Judging by the vague attempts at romance,
I'd guess they were pre-adolescent, but then that would highlight the
"where are the parents?" question that much more.

RDB

Charles Lochel

Nov 24, 1993, 7:19:00 PM11/24/93
(Other stuff about Sonic the Hedgehog Sat AM series deleted.)

BR>So do I. It would have been nice if DIC could have done it in the style of
BR>Teddy Ruxpin.......

Oh yeah, I can just see this.

"I'm Sonic the Hedgehog! Do you want to be my friend?" :->

* SLMR 2.1a * All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?

Brad Clark

Nov 26, 1993, 1:49:45 PM11/26/93
>Interesting - I thought all of this was being done at the network
>level, not the local level, but maybe not. I sure would like to know
>the exact mechanism for broadcasting shows - does the network beam the
>show live to the local station who just relays it, or does the local
>station get the shows on tape ahead of time and broadcast them at their
>whim? The different Sonic situations last weekend imply the latter.
>Hmmm.

I -think- they might get them from a seperate "tv" sation on sattelite.
I know once when I had access to a satelite dish, I picked up a thing called
"Group W" at the time it was on channel "W5" bu that was some time ago.
They carried shows such as TMNT, Care Bears, Heathcliff etc. all running at
a half hour each, but when there was supposed to be commercials, the station
just faded to black and sat there for a few minutes. (no commercial
editing!). Maybe that is where some of the shows originate. It would also
compensate for time zone differences. Here we get "Sonic" in the morning at
about 8:00.

>That's all we need - a repeat of the "where are the parents?" thread
>that raged on rec.arts.disney for the last couple of weeks :^) This
>also raises the question of how old the characters are (oh no! shades
>of the Tiny Toon ages thread!). I suppose if I wanted to be _really_
>snide, I'd say we haven't seen enough character development to be able
>to get a handle on this... Judging by the vague attempts at romance,
>I'd guess they were pre-adolescent, but then that would highlight the
>"where are the parents?" question that much more.

I still like the movie idea. If it ever happened/s.