Harvey Birdman Attorney at law - what happened?

david

Nov 16, 2003, 11:01:08 PM11/16/03
Aside from being the cleverest premise in recent years - what happened
to this great cartoon? Is there only 9 episodes? Is there a chance
it is coming back?

Quiet Desperation

Nov 17, 2003, 12:14:40 AM11/17/03
In article <lvhgrvo2cnt961fq4...@4ax.com>, david
<johnson...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm sort of semi-positive they mentioned new Birdman coming up somewhat
soon during one of the text breaks.

Franklin Harris

Nov 17, 2003, 7:43:15 AM11/17/03

"Quiet Desperation" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Right now I'd bet on every Williams Street show getting enough episodes for
at least one DVD release.

--
Franklin Harris
Pulp Culture Online, www.pulpculture.net

EllisBB

Nov 17, 2003, 7:49:40 AM11/17/03
>> Aside from being the cleverest premise in recent years - what happened
>> to this great cartoon? Is there only 9 episodes? Is there a chance
>> it is coming back?
>
>I'm sort of semi-positive they mentioned new Birdman coming up somewhat
>soon during one of the text breaks.

New episodes are indeed on their way, only this time in Flash.

Hobbes gy

Nov 17, 2003, 8:13:58 PM11/17/03

BLARG!.I hope it doesn't end up looking like "Gary the Rat" or "Kid Notorious"
(KN looks good IMO but that puppet style wouldn't work with Birdman..too many
lines) The show looked much better then other AS originals. (save the very
shaky Johhny Quest episode). Why screw with a good thing?

EllisBB

Nov 17, 2003, 9:11:10 PM11/17/03

According to Cartoon Network Atlanta circa spring of last year, the main reason
would be that they would send an episode package overseas, and have it come
back with no regards toward comic timing, and hence they'd have to take the
finished product in post and do what they described as "frame fucking" in order
to get the proper timing they wanted.

Doing it in Flash is a theoretical good way to keep things in-house, and get it
right the first time for cheaper and faster.... though personally, I too mourn
the loss of the only decently animated Adult Swim show.

Ah well. There's always hope it can look as good as Venture Brothers did.
Unmistakably flash, but there was some good movement buried in there.

-b.e.