Sonic..theme?

Christopher Adams

Nov 6, 1993, 10:09:35 AM11/6/93
May I as a question...oh dont mind if I do....
well anyway ;) Are there 2 different themes to Sonic The hedgehog..the sat.
one.. not the weekday one..ewwww..i cant believe that they made the weekday one
even kids are not that stupid..are they? I was listening to the one last week
about sub-mobieus and griff..and it occured to me that the intro title theme
was different..it turned out that the singing and notes were in a minor key..

The strange part was i thought that in the other shows it was a major key or just different somehow....anyone know...

I forgot to tape the early ones so i cannot compare them to be sure...

any help appreciated..BTW what do you thing about the sat. series..
anyone like how sonic stayed in character at the end of the griff ep.

"thanks sonic your a good friend "or something like that
sonic replies: "I know!" a smug attitude...?

bad for kids but in charactor..heheheh

Chris Adams
cad...@cis.umassd.edu
post to group if you would please...like to get disc. going...
you can reply to email as well if you want...

Sean McAfee

Nov 6, 1993, 12:37:49 PM11/6/93
In article <CG2ss...@umassd.edu>,

Christopher Adams <cad...@cis.umassd.edu> wrote:
>any help appreciated..BTW what do you thing about the sat. series..
>anyone like how sonic stayed in character at the end of the griff ep.

>"thanks sonic your a good friend "or something like that
>sonic replies: "I know!" a smug attitude...?

I think Griff's line was "Thanks, Sonic, you're the greatest."

IMHO, the series itself isn't the greatest, but as I think some have
observed, it IS better than most of what's out there on Saturday mornings.
Of course, I just watched my second episode this morning, so...

Today's ep did have some serious suspension of disbelief problems, though.
Charging a booster rocket with electricity? A cockpit on the booster rocket?
A robot cantina on the spy satellite? Puh-lease.

Not to get off the topic or anything, but what did y'all think of today's
new "Eek the Cat" episode? I thought it was great! Especially with a
classic line like:

"Now, children! There's nothing wrong with getting a little
education along with our frivolous fun. In fact, our United
States Congress requires it!" (paraphrased)

It's only a pity I've never seen "Quadraphenia" and so couldn't really
appreciate the first part of the show ("Quadrapedia").

Sean McAfee smmc...@mtu.edu
"Baby, are you in the mood for a little romance? -- Weird Al Yankovic
Well, for starters I could pour some chocolate pudding down your pants!"

Ron Bauerle

Nov 6, 1993, 3:52:24 PM11/6/93
In article I...@umassd.edu, cad...@cis.umassd.edu (Christopher Adams) writes:
>May I as a question...oh dont mind if I do....
>well anyway ;) Are there 2 different themes to Sonic The hedgehog..the sat.
>one.. not the weekday one..ewwww..i cant believe that they made the weekday one
>even kids are not that stupid..are they?

_Somebody_ must be watching it! :^)

>I was listening to the one last week
>about sub-mobieus and griff..and it occured to me that the intro title theme
>was different..it turned out that the singing and notes were in a minor key..
>
>The strange part was i thought that in the other shows it was a major key or just >different somehow....anyone know...

Can't comment on your major/minor key observation - they all sound the
same to me. If you didn't see my post with my transcription of the
lyrics, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you...

>I forgot to tape the early ones so i cannot compare them to be sure...

I have them all on tape but am not curious enough to compare all of the
openings :^) I also taped Jaleel White's appearance on Jay Leno in the
hope that the show would come up during the discussion, but no such
luck. But I'll keep that segment on my Sonic tape just for continuity
purposes (though it means I now have to get up in time to manually tape
the show to edit out the commercials so all 13 will fit on one
tape...). I found Jaleel to be a rather nice guy and wish him well in
the future (but not enough to watch "Family Matters" :^)).

>any help appreciated..BTW what do you thing about the sat. series..
>anyone like how sonic stayed in character at the end of the griff ep.

I thought that episode and today's (with the spy satellite) were a bit
lame.

The Griff episode (Warp Sonic) (can't they think up some titles that
have something to do with the episode?):

1. I pretty much expected Griff to steal the power crystal, but at
least we got to see the source of the power rings. Though that bit of
dividing the crystal at the end didn't make much sense - does it have
enough power to do both functions?

2. Those electric rats were interesting, but they didn't make much
sense - how could they still be around after all those years if their
tails are so easy to short out?

3. Watching _3_ characters fighting over Sally got old real fast.

4. Having a _pig_ serve chili hotdogs seems a bit cannibalistic,
unless they were all-beef :^) (or maybe they use food replicators?)

5. No Bunny Rab-bot! :^(

Today's (Harmonic Sonic) was even worse:

1. Why did the robots on the spy satellite have personalities?

2. That Star-Wars bar rip-off was really out-of-place.

3. Why was there an atmosphere on board the satellite?

4. How convenient that there was a ship on board the satellite for
Sonic and Rooter (sp?) to make their escape on...

Sigh. This show had such promise. It would have been nice to see what
someone like Paul Dini ("Ewoks", "Tiny Toons", "Batman: TAS") could
have done with it...

RDB

Ray Rooney

Nov 8, 1993, 11:34:00 PM11/8/93
CA>May I as a question...oh dont mind if I do....
CA>well anyway ;) Are there 2 different themes to Sonic The hedgehog..the sat.
CA>one.. not the weekday one..ewwww..i cant believe that they made the weekday
CA>even kids are not that stupid..are they? I was listening to the one last wee
CA>about sub-mobieus and griff..and it occured to me that the intro title theme
CA>was different..it turned out that the singing and notes were in a minor key.

CA>The strange part was i thought that in the other shows it was a major key or
CA>just different somehow....anyone know...

CA>I forgot to tape the early ones so i cannot compare them to be sure...

Very observant. Yes, they did change it. I like the new one better,
myself. Sounds grittier.

* SLMR 2.1a * Police Tagline. Do not cross.

Brad Clark

Nov 10, 1993, 3:27:41 PM11/10/93

>well anyway ;) Are there 2 different themes to Sonic The hedgehog..the sat.

I've only noticed one, but if there is two I'd like to know what the
differences are.

>one.. not the weekday one..ewwww..i cant believe that they made the weekday

>one

>even kids are not that stupid..are they? I was listening to the one last

>week

Agreed!! Some of the characters are kind of interesting (bad guys), but IMO,
this has got to be one of the worst shows I've seen in awhile. (Don't flame
me! just an opinion)

>any help appreciated..BTW what do you thing about the sat. series..
>anyone like how sonic stayed in character at the end of the griff ep.

>"thanks sonic your a good friend "or something like that
>sonic replies: "I know!" a smug attitude...?

I love the saturday version! It is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I
like the way they have created a good personality in each character, unlike
some shows where the characters seem flat, and change their personality in
different situations. (ie Antione is always a sort of know-it-all). Does
anyone know how many episodes we should expect on this series???
-I'd love to see an episode made on how "Bunny" became Roboticized.

I l/*/l my elalator...not your elalator...my elalator -plucky I
I (O O) This message brought to you by brad...@outb.wimsey.bc.ca I
I (" + ") === Brad D. Clark === I
I \/-\/ Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada I

Brad Clark

Nov 10, 1993, 3:34:41 PM11/10/93
>I thought that episode and today's (with the spy satellite) were a bit
>lame.

This one was pretty pathetic. Especially when Rotor and Sonic said "There's
no place to land!" when approaching the spy sattelite. How can you "land"
on a sattilite.

Hopefully the next one will be better....

Ron Bauerle

Nov 11, 1993, 12:59:41 PM11/11/93
In article 0g...@outb.wimsey.bc.ca, brad...@outb.wimsey.bc.ca (Brad Clark) writes:

>I love the saturday version! It is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I
>like the way they have created a good personality in each character, unlike
>some shows where the characters seem flat, and change their personality in
>different situations. (ie Antione is always a sort of know-it-all).

Agreed, but I'm getting awfully tired of Antoine (sp?). I see him as
more of a blustering coward than a know-it-all. I'd rather have more
Bunny, myself... They could do so much with a character like her -
e.g., her feelings due to being half-cyborg (i.e., not fully "human"),
and romance difficulties, etc. True, we've seen it all before, but
hey, "there's nothing new under the sun", just different ways of
presenting it. But the kiddies probably couldn't handle it...

>Does anyone know how many episodes we should expect on this series???

I'd guess 13.

> -I'd love to see an episode made on how "Bunny" became Roboticized.

Agreed, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I need to get over to
rec.arts.comics.marketplace and see if anybody can dig up a copy of the
comic book in which this happened...

RDB

Brian W. Antoine

Nov 12, 1993, 12:21:12 AM11/12/93
Ron Bauerle (bau...@cs690-3.erie.ge.com) wrote:

: In article 0g...@outb.wimsey.bc.ca, brad...@outb.wimsey.bc.ca (Brad Clark) writes:
: >
: >I love the saturday version! It is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I
: >like the way they have created a good personality in each character, unlike
: >some shows where the characters seem flat, and change their personality in
: >different situations. (ie Antione is always a sort of know-it-all).

: Agreed, but I'm getting awfully tired of Antoine (sp?). I see him as
: more of a blustering coward than a know-it-all. I'd rather have more

I stumbled across this when I got up early on Saturday by mistake and
have been trying to tape them. If the local station would just quit
screwing with the schedual. It's one of the few Saturday toons in the
last few years that was interesting enough to catch my attention. When
I saw it was on weekdays also, I added that to the VCR list. God what a
mistake!

Yes, I would assume it was spelled 'Antoine'. I probably scared the
neighbors when I first saw the character. All I remember was screaming
that they couldn't do that to the first toon with my name! :-)
--
Brian W. Antoine --------| "Welcome to the home of the family Kan."
Olivetti North AM || * Wipe your feet and don't annoy the ArchMage!"

Ron Bauerle

Nov 12, 1993, 12:52:34 PM11/12/93
In article 41...@tau-ceti.isc-br.com, bri...@tau-ceti.isc-br.com (Brian W. Antoine) writes:

> I stumbled across this when I got up early on Saturday by mistake and
>have been trying to tape them. If the local station would just quit
>screwing with the schedual.

Tell me about it. The fishheads moved Cadillacs & Dinosaurs an hour
earlier, so I missed it. Can anybody tell me the name (ONLY) of last
week's (11/6) episode so I know when it comes by again?

> When I saw it was on weekdays also, I added that to the VCR list.

>G-- what a mistake!

Heh! Human nature - you tell somebody the paint's wet or the show's
crummy, and he has to touch/tape it to see for himself...:^)

RDB