December Newsletter

1 view

Luv2vac

Apr 2, 2010, 5:06:10 PM4/2/10
to RE-Connection
I know alot of people have been looking for the latest Newsletter, so
here it is.

Dear Member,

As many of you already know there have been many changes at Royal
Elite over the past few months. Prior to September 28th 2009, Sandos
Hotels & Resorts depended on an external company to run our Vacation
Club denominated Royal Elite. When the contract with the external
company ended, Sandos Hotels & Resorts took over the operation of the
Royal Elite Vacation Club.
The first thing we have done from the moment of the takeover, is
create a brand new Customer Service department to cater for all your
needs and inform you of how to make the best use of your membership.
Sandos Hotels & Resorts aims to offer value for money, fun, all-
inclusive family vacations; our Royal Elite Vacation Club offers all
this, plus the upgrades and benefits of being a Member.

We are in constant improvement, as for that, you may find some of our
projects detailed below:

2009 Facts:
-Royal Elite Haciendas, completely renovated and luxuriously furnished
(Sandos Playacar).
2010 Projects:
-Ocean View Rooms will turn into luxury units for the Royal Elite
Vacation Club (Sandos Caracol).
-Sandos Aqua Park; an area designed for children to have fun on
waterslides and fountains etc (Sandos Caracol)
-Private Royal Elite Beach Club, exclusive for Royal Elite members.

If you have any doubts at all, please do not hesitate in contacting
our Customer Service Department.

Royal Elite and Sandos Hotels & Resorts would like to take this
opportunity to wish you Happy Holidays along with your friends and
family!

Sincerely,
--

Diego Ayesa
Royal Elite Vacation Club Director

Customer Service Department

cs1.roy...@sandoshotels.com, cs2.roy...@sandoshotels.com,
cs3.roy...@sandoshotels.com cs4.roy...@sandoshotels.com,
cs6.roy...@sandoshotels.com, cs7.roy...@sandoshotels.com

If you are calling from the USA and CAN:

Customer Service: 1 800 925 1719
Reservations: 1 800 925 1767 -
cs5.roy...@sandoshotels.com
Collections: 1 877 258 8318 -
collections...@sandoshotels.com

If you are calling from Mexico:
Customer Service: 01 800 030 0063
Reservations: 01 800 030 0044 -
cs5.roy...@sandoshotels.com
Collections: 01 800 030 0058 -
collections...@sandoshotels.com

If you are calling from outside the USA, Canada & Mexico:
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa - (+) 52 984 87 7 40 40
Extensions: # 4208, 4222, 4254, 4257, 4258, 4277.
Fax - (+) 52 984 87 7 40 59

Payments and Collections

The following accounts are the ONLY ones authorized by Sandos Hotels &
Resorts.

If you are making transfers for US Dollars from
outside of Mexico:
Bank Name: BBVA Bancomer
Swift Code: BCMRMXMM
Account Number: 012694001454985543
Beneficiary: Sandos Internacional, S.A. de C.V.

If you are making transfers within Mexico in US
Dollars:
Bank Name: Santander Serfin
Account Number: 82500372682
Beneficiary: Sandos Internacional, S.A. de C.V.

If you are making transfers within Mexico in Mexican
Pesos:
Bank Name:Santander Serfin
Account Number: 65502071410
Beneficiary: Sandos Internacional, S.A. de C.V.

Note: It is very important that each time you make a deposit you send
us an email notification with the transfer information in order to
track your payments. Emails regarding membership payments made can be
sent to collections...@sandoshotels.com.
For collections with clients in the Unites States of America we have a
collections company called Monterey Financial Services, INC. This
company is there to make the payment process easier for all US
residents. Please visit their webpage (www.montereyfinancial.com) and/
or contact any of the phone lines for all contract and account details
to make deposits etc.

If you are calling from the USA & Canada:
Customer Service - 760 639 3500
Toll free - 1 800 456 2225
Fax - 760 639 3561

DF

Apr 2, 2010, 8:57:30 PM4/2/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Thx so much for the update. It has been noted on the Sandos Hotel site that
Le Meridien has been taken over by Sandos. Any further info on that to
share. Can we as RE members use this resort, and when. Is this going to be a
all inclusive or European plan concept.

Thanks

Sharon

Dear Member,

Sincerely,
--

Customer Service Department

Payments and Collections

andrea harutunian

Apr 2, 2010, 10:22:58 PM4/2/10
to royal elite-google groups
thx for sharing...i was wondering if sandos playacar/riviera will be getting an aqua  park too in the future-guess we'll have to wait to find out ...ALSO, is the private RE beach club at caracol only? the newsletter wasn't specific...
> Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:06:10 -0700
> Subject: [RE-Connection] December Newsletter
> From: navig...@yahoo.com
> To: re-con...@googlegroups.com

Islander2

Apr 3, 2010, 10:52:34 AM4/3/10
to RE-Connection
Thanks Luv2Vac for posting this. I was concerned about what would
happen to our contracts after finding out that Royal Elite Vacations
LTD, the company named in our contract, registered in Ireland (tax
reasons?) requested a 'Volunatary Strike Off' (request to close
company) March 3, 2010. For more info on this go to http://www.cro.ie/search/
and enter Royal Elite Vacations LTD into search bar.
I had e mailed Aaron 2 times and did nto get a response about this.
This news letter seems to say that our contracts carry on under Royal
Elite Vacation Club/Sandos. We will be there next week to confirm
these details and to hopefully check out the new hotel in Cancun.

> cs1.royalel...@sandoshotels.com,  cs2.royalel...@sandoshotels.com,
> cs3.royalel...@sandoshotels.com  cs4.royalel...@sandoshotels.com,
> cs6.royalel...@sandoshotels.com,  cs7.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> If you are calling from the USA  and CAN:
>
> Customer Service:     1 800 925 1719
> Reservations:            1 800 925 1767 -

> cs5.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> Collections:                1 877 258 8318 -

> collections1.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> If you are calling from  Mexico:
> Customer Service:     01 800 030 0063
> Reservations:            01 800 030 0044 -

> cs5.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> Collections:                01 800 030 0058 -

> collections1.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> sent to collections1.royalel...@sandoshotels.com.

beachsrus

Apr 3, 2010, 1:02:28 PM4/3/10
to RE-Connection
Great info. Thanks so much. Islander, when you get home please let
us all know what you were able to find out and confirm. Thanks.

On Apr 3, 8:52 am, Islander2 <annr...@telus.net> wrote:
> Thanks Luv2Vac for posting this. I was concerned about what would
> happen to our contracts after finding out that Royal Elite Vacations
> LTD, the company named in  our contract, registered in Ireland (tax
> reasons?) requested a 'Volunatary Strike Off' (request to close

> company) March 3, 2010. For more info on this go tohttp://www.cro.ie/search/

> >                    Fax - 760 639 3561- Hide quoted text -

Luv2vac

Apr 3, 2010, 9:57:56 PM4/3/10
to RE-Connection

On Apr 2, 10:22 pm, andrea harutunian <abh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> thx for sharing...i was wondering if sandos playacar/riviera will be getting an aqua  park too in the future-guess we'll have to wait to find out ...ALSO, is the private RE beach club at caracol only? the newsletter wasn't specific...
>

> Hi;
My husband and I stayed at Playacar in Aug 09 and they indeed have a
private beach area. They also have 2 private pools for members only
and they were very quick to kick non-members out when necessary.

> > Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:06:10 -0700
> > Subject: [RE-Connection] December Newsletter

> > From: navig8_2...@yahoo.com

> > If you are calling from the USA and CAN:
>
> > Customer Service: 1 800 925 1719
> > Reservations: 1 800 925 1767 -

> > cs5.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> > Collections: 1 877 258 8318 -

> > collections1.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> > If you are calling from Mexico:
> > Customer Service: 01 800 030 0063
> > Reservations: 01 800 030 0044 -

> > cs5.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> > Collections: 01 800 030 0058 -

> > collections1.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> > sent to collections1.royalel...@sandoshotels.com.

> > For collections with clients in the Unites States of America we have a
> > collections company called Monterey Financial Services, INC. This
> > company is there to make the payment process easier for all US
> > residents. Please visit their webpage (www.montereyfinancial.com) and/
> > or contact any of the phone lines for all contract and account details
> > to make deposits etc.
>
> > If you are calling from the USA & Canada:
> > Customer Service - 760 639 3500
> > Toll free - 1 800 456 2225
> > Fax - 760 639 3561
>
> > --

> Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft.http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390710/direct/01/- Hide quoted text -

Luv2vac

Apr 3, 2010, 9:55:52 PM4/3/10
to RE-Connection
It is my understanding that this is breaking news and not even RE
staff know much about it other than it will be open for reservations
sometime in 2011 and it will not be an AI resort. I am keeping my eye
out for updates and will post any if I find out.

> If you are calling from the USA  and CAN:
>
> Customer Service:     1 800 925 1719
> Reservations:            1 800 925 1767 -

> cs5.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> Collections:                1 877 258 8318 -

> collections1.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> If you are calling from  Mexico:
> Customer Service:     01 800 030 0063
> Reservations:            01 800 030 0044 -

> cs5.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> Collections:                01 800 030 0058 -

> collections1.royalel...@sandoshotels.com

> sent to collections1.royalel...@sandoshotels.com.

> For collections with clients in the Unites States of America we have a
> collections company called Monterey Financial Services, INC. This
> company is there to make the payment process easier for all US
> residents. Please visit their webpage (www.montereyfinancial.com) and/
> or contact any of the phone lines for all contract and account details
> to make deposits etc.
>
>               If you are calling from the USA & Canada:
>                   Customer Service - 760 639 3500
>                   Toll free - 1 800 456 2225
>                    Fax - 760 639 3561

Luv2vac

Apr 3, 2010, 10:02:57 PM4/3/10
to RE-Connection
Islander2:
I read somewhere recently that Aaron Schwartz may no longer be with
Sandos but I have not been able to confirm this.
I have been dealing with Supervisor Diana D'Avila for all my issues/
concerns and she has been great. She is at
cs1.roy...@sandoshotels.com.

On Apr 3, 10:52 am, Islander2 <annr...@telus.net> wrote:
> Thanks Luv2Vac for posting this. I was concerned about what would
> happen to our contracts after finding out that Royal Elite Vacations
> LTD, the company named in  our contract, registered in Ireland (tax
> reasons?) requested a 'Volunatary Strike Off' (request to close

> company) March 3, 2010. For more info on this go tohttp://www.cro.ie/search/

> >                    Fax - 760 639 3561- Hide quoted text -

DF

Apr 4, 2010, 12:39:03 PM4/4/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Wonder why not until 2011 when it is was taken over by Sandos last month??

andrea harutunian

Apr 4, 2010, 2:01:34 PM4/4/10
to royal elite-google groups
Luv-thx for responding...i've been to sandos playacar 6x (going again in oct)...was a vacationer there bf it was EVEN sandos (the gala was the name) and bf the riviera sec was built...i can probably give anyone a tour blindfolded ...i do love the fact that we have the private RE sec on the beach and the private RE pools...i was really asking about the CLUBHOUSE...i know there is a newly built "RE clubhouse" on the beach next to the 2000 bldg at sandos playacar but all i ever see there is the timeshare sales pp...AND i heard at sandos caracol there is an actual "RE clubhouse" that members can use...do u know anything about the clubhouse at playacar?   i was there in oct 09 and no members were using it ( just sales ppl)...i also think an aqua park at playacar would be nice as well :)
ps-i have kids in their 20's so my husb and i go alone (the kids go on their OWN vacas-sandos or elsewhere YIPEE)...just thought an aqua park would be nice for younger families ... even w/all the craziness of the  RE timeshares and all the confusion and disorganization etc, until lately, i still love going to sandos playacar... glad everything is straightening out and it's being run like a professional business...all tho i personally never had a prob i felt bad for others that did... counting down - 7 mos to go -well, it was 9 mos when i booked ! (we have been going in May AND Oct last few yrs but can't do it this yr :(  ...

> Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 18:57:56 -0700
> Subject: [RE-Connection] Re: December Newsletter
> From: navig...@yahoo.com
> To: re-con...@googlegroups.com

wendy starr

Apr 4, 2010, 8:36:53 PM4/4/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andrea, I was wondering where the  RE pools are located at Playacar?  We will be there next Friday.  Do you have any suggestions about ala cart dinners?  Which are your favorites?

andrea harutunian

Apr 4, 2010, 9:01:12 PM4/4/10
to royal elite-google groups
hi wendy...the RE pool at playacar is just off the beach by the 2000 bldg just after the buffet...if u r on the main path to go to the beach u can't miss it on the rt side...there is a long rope across the entrance...only RE members dare to cross it!  u can get to the pool fr the other side too by the southern most beach bar... not a gigantic pool but nice w the queen size beds and canopies and u ALWAYS meet wonderful, friendly RE ppl there... i usually go to the beach in the morn and swim in the pool if the water is rough (red flag) when i get hot enough...sometimes i spend hrs in the RE pool !!! sooo relaxing w my drink on the ledge next to me :) (pool bar service too-i guess they think i'm hungry cause someone always brings me popcorn at some point LOL)...
lucky u! have a GREAT trip :)   (is it still high season? i know different schools have diff weeks off for spring break)
andrea

From: we...@starrtropics.com
To: re-con...@googlegroups.com

Subject: RE: [RE-Connection] Re: December Newsletter
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:36:53 -0700

wendy starr

Apr 4, 2010, 9:10:36 PM4/4/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the info.  Andrea, Do they allow children in the RE pool?  Maybe we’ll see you there sometime.  Take care.

Wendy

andrea harutunian

Apr 4, 2010, 9:17:19 PM4/4/10
to royal elite-google groups
yes wendy-i've seen a few kids there...nice well behaved kids w their parents...they always seem to strike up a conversation w me in the pool LOL...i love watching the kids have a great time !   which is why hubby and i don't go to adults only resorts---kinda stuffy at times...
hope we can meet up some time at sandos too :)

From: we...@starrtropics.com
To: re-con...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:10:36 -0700

wendy starr

Apr 4, 2010, 10:04:27 PM4/4/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com

That’s good to know.  When we bought our membership, we only toured the resort.  I thought the pool you are talking about was an adult pool.  But I’m glad it’s a members pool instead.

andrea harutunian

Apr 4, 2010, 10:10:09 PM4/4/10
to royal elite-google groups
too funny wendy---it used to be an adults pool bf it became RE only pool so u were right!

From: we...@starrtropics.com
To: re-con...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 19:04:27 -0700

wendy starr

Apr 4, 2010, 10:23:42 PM4/4/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com

Oh, so I’m not going crazy.  That’s good to.  Thanks

andrea harutunian

Apr 4, 2010, 10:30:26 PM4/4/10
to royal elite-google groups
your welcome...have a great vaca!

From: we...@starrtropics.com
To: re-con...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 19:23:42 -0700

coldinvermont

Apr 5, 2010, 8:59:53 AM4/5/10
to RE-Connection
We are headed down there on Wednesday morning...we spent most of our
time at the RE pool last year, my kids struck up a friendship with
this one guy and his girlfriend, and nicknamed him "Racer Bob". They
had a great time picking on him and he was a really good sport...
We'll probably see you there around the pool. Can't wait...hope all
goes smoothly.

Brenda

On Apr 4, 10:23 pm, "wendy starr" <we...@starrtropics.com> wrote:
> Oh, so I'm not going crazy.  That's good to.  Thanks
>
> Wendy

andrea harutunian

Apr 5, 2010, 1:41:16 PM4/5/10
to royal elite-google groups
anyone going end of oct?  too bad we couldnt go in May , also, like we've been doing last few yrs :(  ...2x a yr was a real luxury...maybe next yr :)

> Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 05:59:53 -0700

> Subject: [RE-Connection] Re: December Newsletter

DF

Apr 5, 2010, 1:46:11 PM4/5/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
What date you going and for how long??

andrea harutunian

Apr 5, 2010, 1:51:09 PM4/5/10
to royal elite-google groups
i'll arrive on the 26th of oct and leave on nov 2nd (halloween at sandos is fun)...
i know u always go mid nov...maybe we will change it up in the future...going w/other ppl (one couple we met last oct wanted to buy a week fr us and come again in oct w/us... should be fun...i talk to them every few weeks via e-mail (they live in oregon)...

From: darwin....@shaw.ca

To: re-con...@googlegroups.com
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:46:11 -0600

wendy starr

Apr 5, 2010, 3:07:34 PM4/5/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Hello Brenda, We will be in room 2420 & 2421 in the 2nd tower building.
Hope to see you there.
Wendy

Brenda

Robert Park

Apr 5, 2010, 3:47:14 PM4/5/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
On 4/5/10 1:41 PM, andrea harutunian wrote:
anyone going end of oct?  too bad we couldnt go in May , also, like we've been doing last few yrs :(  ...2x a yr was a real luxury...maybe next yr :)

My wife & I will be at Playacar from 23-30 Oct, following a week at the Royal Sands in Cancun. This will be our 2nd stay (loved the first one last Nov0. It will be an ocean view 1BR unit this time, rather than one of the haciendas. I hope we like it as well. I will miss the hot tub.
  --Bob Park

Mnd...@aol.com

Apr 5, 2010, 3:50:43 PM4/5/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Anyone going in mid June.  We have just booked for 15-22 June in a hacienda and would love to meet any of you if you are there during those dates.

Mandy

andrea harutunian

Apr 5, 2010, 9:49:26 PM4/5/10
to royal elite-google groups
hi bob,  i will be there oct 26-nov 2nd...i would love to meet u and buy u and your wife a drink  at the bar :)   i usually carry a PINK bubba keg filled w/ my fav drink during the day...if u see me at the RE pool or on the beach please come say hello...  (just to let u know i have met other RE and trip advisor ppl  at sandos because of that PINK bubba keg!)

i am also staying in a 1 BR ocean front unit - we ALWAYS stay ocean front ...before RE we took  a reg ocean front room...(been there 6x-started  going bf it was even sandos---it was "the gala" resort) :) the view is wonderful---u can watch the sun rise over the ocean fr your balcony! OR sit on the balcony late at nite (maybe a cocktail or two) and listen to the waves...last oct there was a full moon when we were there ... i LOVE that view!!! u won't be disappointed :)
looking forward to seeing u...
andrea

Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:47:14 -0400
From: bpa...@comcast.net
To: re-con...@googlegroups.com

Q-52

Apr 5, 2010, 10:00:08 PM4/5/10
to RE-Connection
Hi Mandy,
My husband and I will be there June 9-16 . We too will be in the New
RE Hacienda. It will be our first time there. We can at least meet
up for 1 day...sort of depending what what time you arrive and when we
leave on the 16th.
Karen

Edward F

Apr 6, 2010, 8:22:49 AM4/6/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
We will be there Oct. 18th - 29th would love to chat with ya.  Ed and Jan

Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 05:22:49 -0700
From: dive...@yahoo.com

Luv2vac

Apr 6, 2010, 10:31:39 PM4/6/10
to RE-Connection
Hi Ed:
8 of us will be there Oct 16-23rd. Would love to meet up with other
members :o) Judy and John