Elite Weeks/Sandos Weeks

kdf1081

Jun 1, 2010, 10:21:24 AM6/1/10
to RE-Connection
Hi everyone! I just got back from Sandos Carocol and purchased the
vacation club. We have 1 Sandos Week and 3 elite weeks. I'm a little
confused on the difference between the two. Can anyone help explain
the difference? Also, where does RCI fit into this? Thank you!

andrea harutunian

Jun 14, 2010, 12:27:08 PM6/14/10
to royal elite-google groups
i bought the vacation club as well but mine is totally different...we got 30 RE weeks to be used in 10 yrs...no limit on how many weeks we use each yr-1 bedroom suite...can give away weeks to family and friends or sell  (privately)...we use HSI as our wholesale travel agt if we want to go somewhere else...sounds like u got the full timeshare (25 yrs - u get a certain amt of weeks per yr etc and use RCI for selling weeks and getting points toward other things...we pay no maintenance fee either/ and the price was ridiculously cheap-don't think they offer what i have anymore tho... guess i can't really help u understand what u have ...all i know is i LOVE it and have saved tons of money not booking w a regular travel agt... :)

> Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:21:24 -0700
> Subject: [RE-Connection] Elite Weeks/Sandos Weeks
> From: kdf...@gmail.com
> To: re-con...@googlegroups.com

Mike Beerling

Jun 14, 2010, 3:28:04 PM6/14/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com

RCI is a vacation club that you can trade vacation weeks for points to use towards other properties around the world that are RCI members. There are thousands of properties. You can also use the points towards airfare, cruises etc. You need to check with RCI, but my understanding is you can only use up to 25k a year in points on airfare which is about $250 towards your ticket price. The Sandos week is the only week you can trade with RCI and use for points.

The elite weeks can only be used to stay at Royal Elite properties. You can sell/give them to other people as long as they stay at a Royal Elite property. If you sell/give it to them, you make the reservation and they get all the benefits you would if you were using the week. If you have a third party like Royal Elite sell your weeks, they buyers do not get your benefits. If you go on line, depending on the property, right now the weeks to Sandos are selling for about $350 to $500 for the week.

I hope this helps.

Mike Beerling
Controller

Marketplace Home Mortgage

3600 Minnesota Blvd
Suite 150

Edina, MN 55435

952 837 3369 | Direct
952 831 3111 | Main
952 831 1999 | Fax

mi...@marketplacehome.com

www.marketplacehome.com

NOTICE:
This e-mail message and any files transmitted herewith, are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of this message to such person) you may not review, use, disclose or distribute this message or any files transmitted herewith. If you receive this message in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and all copies of it from your system

kdf1081

Jun 14, 2010, 4:31:30 PM6/14/10
to RE-Connection
With the royal elite weeks we can trade them with royal elite
exchanges and stay at a lot of other properties correct?

On Jun 14, 3:28 pm, Mike Beerling <mi...@marketplacehome.com> wrote:
> RCI is a vacation club that you can trade vacation weeks for points to use towards other properties around the world that are RCI members. There are thousands of properties. You can also use the points towards airfare, cruises etc. You need to check with RCI, but my understanding is you can only use up to 25k a year in points on airfare which is about $250 towards your ticket price. The Sandos week is the only week you can trade with RCI and use for points.
> The elite weeks can only be used to stay at Royal Elite properties. You can sell/give them to other people as long as they stay at a Royal Elite property. If you sell/give it to them, you make the reservation and they get all the benefits you would if you were using the week. If you have a third party like Royal Elite sell your weeks, they buyers do not get your benefits. If you go on line, depending on the property, right now the weeks to Sandos are selling for about $350 to $500 for the week.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Mike Beerling
> Controller
>
> [cid:image001....@01CB0BCC.4A312600]
>
> 3600 Minnesota Blvd
> Suite 150
> Edina, MN 55435
>
> 952 837 3369 | Direct
> 952 831 3111 | Main
> 952 831 1999 | Fax
>
> mi...@marketplacehome.com<mailto:darmedc...@marketplacehome.com>www.marketplacehome.com<http://www.marketplacehome.com/>
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this message.

Mike Beerling

Jun 14, 2010, 4:33:46 PM6/14/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you don't really trade, you just use them to stay at any Royal elite property as if you owned a time share at that location.

Mike Beerling
Controller

[...]

Luv2vac

Jun 15, 2010, 8:08:07 AM6/15/10
to RE-Connection
kdf1081:
We have used RCI several times for that purpose using the points based
program (not sure if you purchased points or weeks with RCI) and we
have had great vacations. We are not fans of Royal Elite Exchanges
(REE) as they are fairly new and alot more expensive than the RCI
membership ($89/yr). RCI has been around many years and their
customer service reps know their stuff!

We also rec'd 1 Sandos week and 3 RE bonus weeks with our purchase in
2008 and we never thought we would use all of them each year but we
have by bringing family and/or friends with us on our trips. We have
yet to "exchange" any weeks elsewhere because we love Playacar.
Enjoy :o)

jriz

Jul 21, 2010, 4:17:10 PM7/21/10
to RE-Connection
I am also a new member and I'm looking for either examples or
recommendations for using the 3 REE weeks. I am trying to use my
membership for the first time and getting a little frustrated because
it's not going the way I thought it would. During the sales
presentation, I proposed a trip itinerary that I was working on for
November. REE (via Josh) confirmed that the hotel I was interested in
participated in the exchange and quoted a discounted price if I
elected not to use my exchange weeks. He also quoted a discounted
price for a cruise I was also planning to take. Once I got my log-in
information, I found that not only was the hotel I was interested in
for November not available for exchange, but they didn't even have a
discounted price for it. Turns out, NO hotels in that town are taking
exchange weeks and I'm not traveling high season. The 'discounted'
hotels on the website are not discounted either - I found a cheaper
rate going direct to the hotel. I also looked up my cruise, and
again, found that the price on the REE site was not any more
discounted as booking direct from the cruise company. Funny how much
the reality has changed from the sales office to reality...

Has anyone had decent success exchanging their REE weeks? Any
pointers to share with a newbie like me? So far, I feel like I'm not
any better off that I was before (except my hefy membership fee I
paid). I welcome any pointers and suggestions on how to maximize this
membership.

JR
> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

Luv2vac

Jul 22, 2010, 9:06:26 PM7/22/10
to RE-Connection
It is my understanding that REE is a fairly new company and works in
conjunction with Sierra whom in my humble opinion are crooks. We were
enrolled in the standard REE membership for free because we were not
happy with HSI. From the brief dealings with REE, I was not
impressed. I like to do my own investigating for vacations but with
the standard membership we can not browse properties. I would rather
use my weeks at a Sandos property than exchange with REE at this
juncture.

DF

Jul 22, 2010, 9:43:35 PM7/22/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
At this point I have to agree with you. Don't think we will renew when our
free trail is over. I prefer HSI even if only for their burn weeks.

On Jul 21, 4:17�ソスpm, jriz <jenrizz...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am also a new member and I'm looking for either examples or

> recommendations for using the 3 REE weeks. �ソスI am trying to use my

> membership for the first time and getting a little frustrated because

> it's not going the way I thought it would. �ソスDuring the sales

> presentation, I proposed a trip itinerary that I was working on for

> November. �ソスREE (via Josh) confirmed that the hotel I was interested in

> participated in the exchange and quoted a discounted price if I

> elected not to use my exchange weeks. �ソスHe also quoted a discounted
> price for a cruise I was also planning to take. �ソスOnce I got my log-in

> information, I found that not only was the hotel I was interested in
> for November not available for exchange, but they didn't even have a

> discounted price for it. �ソスTurns out, NO hotels in that town are taking
> exchange weeks and I'm not traveling high season. �ソスThe 'discounted'

> hotels on the website are not discounted either - I found a cheaper

> rate going direct to the hotel. �ソスI also looked up my cruise, and

> again, found that the price on the REE site was not any more
> discounted as booking direct from the cruise company. Funny how much
> the reality has changed from the sales office to reality...
>

> Has anyone had decent success exchanging their REE weeks? �ソスAny
> pointers to share with a newbie like me? �ソスSo far, I feel like I'm not

> any better off that I was before (except my hefy membership fee I

> paid). �ソスI welcome any pointers and suggestions on how to maximize this
> membership.
>
> JR

> On Jun 14, 3:33�ソスpm, Mike Beerling <mi...@marketplacehome.com> wrote:
>

> > Yes, you don't really trade, you just use them to stay at any Royal
elite property as if you owned a time share at that location.

> > Mike Beerling
> > Controller

> > �ソス

> > 3600 Minnesota Blvd
> > Suite 150
> > Edina, MN 55435

> > �ソス
> > 952 837 3369 | Direct
> > 952 831 3111�ソス| Main

> > 952 831 1999 | Fax
>
> > mi...@marketplacehome.comwww.marketplacehome.com
> > Please consider the environment before printing this message.

> > �ソス

> > NOTICE:
> > This e-mail message and any files transmitted herewith, are intended
solely for the use of the individual(s) addressed and may contain
confidential, proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the
addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of this
message to such person) you may not review, use, disclose or distribute this
message or any files transmitted herewith. If you receive this message in
error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and
all copies of it from your system

> > �ソス

�ソス(privately)...we use HSI as our wholesale travel agt if we want to go

> > > �ソスimage001.jpg

> > > 15KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

> > --
athttp://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.-Hide quoted text -

andrea harutunian

Jul 23, 2010, 2:35:09 PM7/23/10
to royal elite-google groups
always had a great response fr HSI...they call back, email quickly and r willing to help... burn weeks r great as r the cruises and the breakaway weeks...the more advance notice u give the better chance of getting the dates u need...HSI also has a network of outside agencies that can find just about anything u need @ a reasonably cheap rate...my friend has a (different) timeshare and ALWAYS plans his next vaca as soon as he gets back...

> From: darwin....@shaw.ca
> To: re-con...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: RE: [RE-Connection] Re: Elite Weeks/Sandos Weeks
> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:43:35 -0600
>
> At this point I have to agree with you. Don't think we will renew when our
> free trail is over. I prefer HSI even if only for their burn weeks.

SHARON HAMMOND

Jul 23, 2010, 2:41:56 PM7/23/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jamm
You hear anything from Aaron since his post om June 17 saying that he is back?? Wow..Back to 0 communication.
> group, send email to
> > re-connectio...@googlegroups.com.
> > athttp://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.

> > athttp://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.

> > athttp://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.-Hide
> quoted text -

> > --
> >
> > --
> visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/re-
> connection?hl=en.>

andrea harutunian

Jul 23, 2010, 2:47:25 PM7/23/10
to royal elite-google groups
NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:41:56 -0600
From: darwin....@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: RE: [RE-Connection] Re: Elite Weeks/Sandos Weeks
To: re-con...@googlegroups.com

Luv2vac

Jul 24, 2010, 10:47:58 AM7/24/10
to RE-Connection
Ditto. Very interesting indeed.

On Jul 23, 2:47 pm, andrea harutunian <abh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:41:56 -0600
> From: darwin.fisc...@shaw.ca
> Subject: Re: RE: [RE-Connection] Re: Elite Weeks/Sandos Weeks
> To: re-con...@googlegroups.com
>
> Hey Jamm
> You hear anything from Aaron since his post om June 17 saying that he is back?? Wow..Back to 0 communication.

Luv2vac

Jul 24, 2010, 10:48:47 AM7/24/10
to RE-Connection
To boot, I emailed Diana for Aaron's email address and she said she
was not allowed to release it but did confirm he was back.

On Jul 23, 2:47 pm, andrea harutunian <abh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:41:56 -0600
> From: darwin.fisc...@shaw.ca
> Subject: Re: RE: [RE-Connection] Re: Elite Weeks/Sandos Weeks
> To: re-con...@googlegroups.com
>
> Hey Jamm
> You hear anything from Aaron since his post om June 17 saying that he is back?? Wow..Back to 0 communication.

DF

Jul 24, 2010, 11:01:21 AM7/24/10
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
I am only going to say this for the last time..COME ON ROYAL ELITE. We need
some open communication..

To boot, I emailed Diana for Aaron's email address and she said she
was not allowed to release it but did confirm he was back.