RC2014 Meetup - 18th September, Bristol UK

Spencer Owen

Sep 4, 2018, 6:19:38 AM9/4/18
to RC201...@googlegroups.com
Following the success of the RC2014 Meetup in Sheffield last month, I'm going to try the same again in Bristol this month.  Originally I'd hoped to arrange it for Tuesday 11th September, but due to all the prep needed for EMF Camp this weekend, I've probably left it a bit late.

So, how does Tuesday 18th September sound?  I've been advised that the Watershed is a great venue and suitable for people to bring random electronics to show off.

Looking at RC2014 sales across the UK, the Bristol area seems to be a bit of a hot-spot, so hopefully it'll be a good turnout, but I'd like to get a few positive signs of interest before I list it on Eventbrite.

Cheers

Spencer

Duncan Reed

Sep 5, 2018, 8:45:57 AM9/5/18
to RC2014-Z80

I can't do Bristol or EMF, but if anyone is in Cambridge this weekend (rather than EMF the following weekend) it is the Acorn show at the Computer Museum, the Acorn/BBC User Group will be in the back room, I am planing  to be there, amoung other things, to show of RC2014 running the 6502 (Ben Chong), so if anyone is passing feel free to say hello (after paying you £8 on the door).

Spencer Owen

Sep 5, 2018, 9:02:48 AM9/5/18
to rc201...@googlegroups.com
Hi Duncan,

I can't make it to Cambridge this weekend, however, I will be there next weekend (15/16th September) for the Retro Computer Festival at the Computing History Museum.  I'll be starting a new thread on this next week, but this is just a heads-up to say that it's going to be an awesome weekend for anybody in to retro computer goodness :-)

Cheers

Spencer

On 5 September 2018 at 13:45, Duncan Reed <der...@gmail.com> wrote:

I can't do Bristol or EMF, but if anyone is in Cambridge this weekend (rather than EMF the following weekend) it is the Acorn show at the Computer Museum, the Acorn/BBC User Group will be in the back room, I am planing  to be there, amoung other things, to show of RC2014 running the 6502 (Ben Chong), so if anyone is passing feel free to say hello (after paying you £8 on the door).

Duncan Reed

Sep 5, 2018, 9:10:34 AM9/5/18
to RC2014-Z80
DOH I meant RCF in my emal,  but just freudained reading your original email and  wrote EMF.  Not sure I can persuaded my wife to let me out 2 weekends in a row to Cambridge. I'll work on it, and post to other thread if I suceed.

I do know some one interested in the ABUG group who may be interested in Bristol meet. I promised him a demo this weekend.

Duncan.

Spencer Owen

Sep 8, 2018, 7:03:39 AM9/8/18
to RC201...@googlegroups.com
On 4 September 2018 at 11:19, Spencer Owen <spe...@sowen.com> wrote:
Looking at RC2014 sales across the UK, the Bristol area seems to be a bit of a hot-spot, so hopefully it'll be a good turnout, but I'd like to get a few positive signs of interest before I list it on Eventbrite.

Hmmm... I'm not noticing much interest in a Bristol meetup.  I know that there are a bunch of RC2014 owners around the Bristol/Bath area, but maybe none of them use the Google Group?  I don't particularly fancy driving all the way to Bristol just to sit in a pub on my own, so if you fancy coming along (or if you'd like to but date/location is not suitable), let me know before Monday.

(Also, as a heads-up, I've already got interest in running a meetup in Cambridge, so that'll probably be on 9th October.  Liverpool and Manchester folk, I'm hoping to get to you soon, so get your thinking caps on for a suitable venue)

Cheers

Spencer

jo...@critchley.biz

Sep 9, 2018, 8:08:27 AM9/9/18
to RC2014-Z80
I have not been active at all on the group.having built 2 RC2014s (I misliad one for a while)
I tried working on z80asm before getting more into developing anything more hardware-y, but progress has been rather slow
Anyway, I am based in Bristol (well, S Gloucs), and would be coming along.

John Criʨhley

Spencer Owen

Sep 10, 2018, 2:58:55 PM9/10/18
to rc201...@googlegroups.com
For those of you that haven't seen the RC2014 newsletter today, or don't follow me on Twitter, the meetup is all set for Tuesday 18th September in the Watershed in Bristol.

You can see details and sign up for a free ticket here;

Cheers

Spencer