Vittoria Mezcal 29 x 2.35

tc

Feb 22, 2018, 9:35:05 AM2/22/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
I just put some 2.35 Mezcals on my 59 Clem and am really impressed!  This is an XC tire with a center tread pattern that is amazingly smooth and quiet on pavement...so I'm hoping it will be a good fit for my 1/3 gravel, 1/3 pavement/bike path, and 1/3 easy singletrack riding.

IMHO, it's also a great-looking tire, with a dark graphite sidewall that really looks smart with the Grilver-colored Clem.

After I take it off-road I'll post more impressions.

There are several reviews of this tire on the web.  Here's a good one by Clint Gibbs on YouTube.

Jeremy Tavan

Feb 22, 2018, 10:01:18 AM2/22/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Very interesting - and it also comes in a 67mm wide version which might work for a 27.5+ project I've got in the works. Thanks for linking to it!

tc

Feb 22, 2018, 10:29:41 AM2/22/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
I should also mention:
  • I bought the "TNT G+" version, not the "Rigid" version.  TNT uses their latest/better compounds.  More on the differences at the Bicycle Rolling Resistance site's review, here.

  • On my Alex DM24 rims with tubes and 40 PSI, they're measuring 57mm (2.24").